The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 8: October 2011 - August 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-letizias-eveningwear-part-8-october-2011-august-2012-a-32030.html)

PrincessApple 06-30-2012 11:09 PM

Another nice evening look from Letizia!

Duke of Marmalade 07-01-2012 01:40 PM

The etui dress is very pretty - best style on Letizia.

Not liking the other evening dress - neither the top part's application nor the fact that the dress is too short
La Princesa estrena sus compras de la Milla de Oro en Girona

Emmily 07-01-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1437203)
The etui dress is very pretty - best style on Letizia.

Not liking the other evening dress - neither the top part's application nor the fact that the dress is too short

It's a little too "show girl" like. But the pale pink was very pretty on her!

LadyFinn 07-13-2012 02:14 PM

Letizia at her sister Telma's wedding celebrations. Photo from DiezMinutos.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Quite a va-va-voom dress, she looks great. I would like to see a clearer photo of the dress, but it is so short that maybe she doesn't use is in official events, but maybe she uses it in Mallorca.

Baroness of Books 07-13-2012 02:29 PM

That looks like a one-shoulder style; very glamorous and glitzy from what I can see. Short but she's got a great figure, and this is a private occasion.

Daria_S 07-13-2012 02:38 PM

From what I'm able to see, it looks like a very appropriate dress for a night-time occasion.

IloveCP 07-13-2012 03:09 PM

The dress looks nice. Hope we get better pictures.

Artemisia 07-13-2012 04:22 PM

Not the clearest picture, but I definitely love what I see.
The dress, both the style and colour, flatters Letizia's features.
I'd consider it a little bit short for official or semi-official event, but it was a private and very relaxed event, so no complaints there.

iceflower 08-09-2012 01:20 AM

Letizia at the official dinner at the Almudaina Palace on the island Mallorca on August 8, 2012, wearing a short lace dress:

The underdress could have been a bit longer, but besides that she looked lovely:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Shoes **

LadyFinn 08-09-2012 02:46 AM

The colour and bodice of this dress are very flattering on her. Since it's holiday and in Mallorca, the short lining works well and shows nicely the lace details in the hem.
Her hair looks good. The clutch and shoes match each other.
https://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/2...s-baleares.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 08-09-2012 03:09 AM

I like the style of the dress, perfect for Letizia, the colour gives me the lingerie vibe though and I find the lining too short. Still, its a good look. Love the creole earrings.

susan alicia 08-09-2012 03:21 AM

she looks perfect, think this length works better or is fine with me.

Agree with you about the other dress

that was way too short for bare legs, it would work in the winter with black stockings

ANNIE_S 08-09-2012 07:05 AM

Itīs a very beutiful dress. Letizia does very well those "feminine and delicate" kind of looks. Still, I donīt understand why the underdress is so short, it makes it look like a different dress, which is very unflattering, IMO.
The sandals are to die for, love them. Not sure if silver colour match the colour of the dress, though.

anele14 08-09-2012 07:21 AM

The drees is from varela???

dazzling 08-09-2012 07:35 AM

I actually don't think this is a nice dress. The lining is short from the top and the bottom which never looks good. The color is quite dull, the make up is all wrong and the hair looks flat. A simple hair do would've made this look nicer IMO.

Al_bina 08-09-2012 11:40 AM

:previous:
I agree with you. I find Crown Princess Letizia's hairstyle nice, but the rest is so so.

Emmily 08-09-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1450252)
I actually don't think this is a nice dress. The lining is short from the top and the bottom which never looks good. The color is quite dull, the make up is all wrong and the hair looks flat. A simple hair do would've made this look nicer IMO.

I agree completely. Is she a starlet? It's a beautiful dress, but not for this event. Her face is a shade or two lighter than her neck, again. Far from a perfect look.

NGalitzine 08-09-2012 11:55 AM

I thought she looked good. I would date her, lol.

casualfan 08-09-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling

The makeup was clean and simple to not overpower the dress or detract from/compete with the sparkle in the dress.

The lining is short to show off the lace overlay. I would not wear the dress, but I understand why it was done. Otherwise, it could have looked really dowdy.

As far as the shoes not matching. I believe the silver picked up the glint in the sparkle, though italy not photograph well.

almee 08-09-2012 02:34 PM

:previous: I agree completely. The dress is really lovely, and Letizia looks amazing in it!