The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-mette-marits-daytime-fashion-part-5-august-2011-august-2012-a-31805.html)

fairy tale 03-13-2012 03:55 PM

close up of the shoes
Picture 1 - Picture 2

soraya 03-13-2012 05:26 PM

Each piece is nice separatly but awful together.The dress is great alone.
Of all the princesses around she has one of the best collection of shoes and this pair is no exeption.
Nice hair colour.Her make-up today is different and beautiful.

udyusa 03-13-2012 05:28 PM

Her shoes are even worse in the close ups!! I cannot even fathom what she was thinking when she chose this pair.. yuck.

Artemisia 03-13-2012 05:32 PM

The shoes would have looked lovely with sheer tights, but not with those awful thick black ones. And with a proper dress, they could really the the focal point. But combined with the rest of the ensemble, the shoes are just horrible. A gold pair like that very rarely would look flattering with a bright pink, even if everything else were absolutely faultless.

Nevertheless, despite the unfortunate choice of outfit, I think Mette-Marit actually looked really lovely; she was just glowing! And a nice, genuine smile can make up for a lot of fashion mistakes.

Baroness of Books 03-13-2012 05:48 PM

:previous:Agreed; it's just another jumbled element in a hodge-podge look. I really don't like the shoes, but they would have been displayed nicely with sheerer hosiery. And gold does not combine well with pink, so another choice of shoes would have been better - not just for the color but also because they're too dressy for the overall outfit.

Duke of Marmalade 03-14-2012 03:32 AM

I think the shoes are ugly and I dont agree with MM having the best collection around, if so its a fashion victim collection not always suitable for MMs feet or the event she is attending.

NoorMeansLight 03-14-2012 11:16 AM

I love this fuchsia dress on MM, the jacket not so much.

blujean 03-16-2012 01:07 AM

Don't like the shoes at all and especially with this outfit.

NoorMeansLight 03-16-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1386245)
close up of the shoes
Picture 1 - Picture 2

:eek: I just noticed your post, Fairy tale!! Oh my, these shoes are hideous, what was she thinking??! :ermm::cool:

Meara 03-18-2012 05:56 PM

The fuschia dress is very pretty but she should've wore a black jacket not grey.

Patra 03-19-2012 06:52 AM

Agree with posters who expresses a mismatched look here- everything seems so random about this outfit. I would love to know more about the torquoise bracelet she's been wearing lately.

iceflower 03-20-2012 09:33 AM

Crown Princess Mette-Marit receiving the guests from Britain today, March 20, 2012 in Oslo,
wearing a verly lovely skirt and the rest in black. I like the individual parts of the outfit, but
for my taste it's a bit too much black in combination with that lovely spring skirt:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Dierna23 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

:previous:

It's not that I wouldn't like all the parts of the outfit. Separately! All this black is too heavy for the skirt IMO. I also think that the jacket might be too shapeless for her, it makes her look big which she isn't. I'm also not fond of that hairstyle, but then - hair parted in the middle rarely attracts me. Mette can do much much better than this.

Duke of Marmalade 03-20-2012 09:51 AM

My only complaint would be that the stockings are too thick - light black would have looked much nicer. Other than that, I like this outfit and I think that MM looks very neat & pretty.

Daisiesforever 03-20-2012 09:54 AM

I agree. The black jacket, hose and shoes are far too "heavy" for soft the spring skirt. Possibly a white or pale grey jacket would have lifted the entire look. Alternatively I would have liked Mette-Marit to "picked up" a bit more of the pink in the skirt.

Baroness of Books 03-20-2012 10:09 AM

The black jacket and tights just "bookend" her light skirt. If she wore a soft gray or pink jacket picking up one of the accents of the skirt and got rid of the opaque hose and worn gray or pink shoes, this could have looked so much better with the various possibilities. And I don't care for that skinny belt worn high on the waist. I don't mind her wearing her hair back if she styled it better; this looks very prim and schoolmarmish.

Artemisia 03-20-2012 10:22 AM

The outfit is just horrible. That summery, floaty dress just shouldn't be combined with tights that dark or a black jacket. I like the combination of the belt and shoes, but not the rest of the ensemble. This said, I often find it very hard to say anything negative about Mette-Marit because she does look beautiful (outfit notwithstanding); in a way, it's almost like her inner beauty shines through. And I'd choose inner beauty over the most expensive and elegant appearance any day. :smile:

dbarn67 03-20-2012 10:34 AM

They're doing a wreath laying ceremony which explains the black on both women. I agree that if the hose were sheer black instead of black tights the outfit be okay.

fairy tale 03-20-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patra (Post 1388729)
Agree with posters who expresses a mismatched look here- everything seems so random about this outfit. I would love to know more about the torquoise bracelet she's been wearing lately.

Here is a short article with a close-up of the turquoise bracelet. They call it Salvador Dalì-bracelet and that it's a luck charm.
Mette Marits tredje öga | Åsas kungliga Europa
Google Translation

Here is an article about the bracelet with the turtles she's been wearing lately.
KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Sjekk Mette-Marits nye armbånd - Side2
Google Translation

As for her outfit today, I think it's ok. Quite typical for her imo to wear a combination like this.

Princess BellyFlop 03-20-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1389251)
The outfit is just horrible. This said, I often find it very hard to say anything negative about Mette-Marit because she does look beautiful (outfit notwithstanding); in a way, it's almost like her inner beauty shines through. And I'd choose inner beauty over the most expensive and elegant appearance any day. :smile:

I have to agree with you except I would not always choose inner beauty over a good outfit. For me, dressing the part in a stylish and appropriate manner is sign of respect for the others and for ourself, it can show how a person is complete. I find this especially true considering that MM is the future queen of Norway.

I'm happy that she never engaged in a fashion contest with more fashion-oriented crown princesses (like the two beautiful Mary and Maxima) but I would like her to be more colorful and innovative in her clothing. I would also like her to make more fun choices for her children, especially princess Ingrid. Childhood doesn't have to be that brownish or grayish beige boring. A child can wear colors without sending a wrong message in these hard econocial times of ours. I could NOT live through a winter in Norway if all the clothes are that depressing!

Do not get me wrong, MM is a very beautiful and brillant woman but with an shaky fashion sense. It drives me crazy that fashion-wise, IMHO, she probably makes all the fashion mistakes there is like mixing without success too many fabrics colors and styles in the very same outfit or going on a trend and no letting go of it (the evening dresses with ruffles and ruffles and...). Luckily she kinda stays conservative in her choices (I don't think she would ever pull a pant-dress like Mabel did at the wedding).

If she could only follow Camilla's way of dressing, could you just imagine how spectacular but always appropriate she would be!