The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-1-april-29-2011-january-2012-a-30832.html)

HRH of Sweden 09-27-2011 09:42 AM

Do you think that the Duchess will attend the state opening of parliament ?

windsorgirl 09-27-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH of Sweden

I wish she would but I doubt it....I wish Charles and Camilla would go as I don't even recall Charles attending in recent years. Catherine would be really gorgeous at such a formal occasion!

Lumutqueen 09-27-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH of Sweden (Post 1320574)

That's an event I have only ever seen HM and Prince Phillip attend. I believe Charles attended with Diana one year.

KittyAtlanta 09-27-2011 04:34 PM

I doubt that Kate will attend, but we could all be surprised. Isn't that where Diana nodded off?

Baroness of Books 09-27-2011 04:49 PM

:previous: Had she fallen asleep again, this time at the opening of Parliament? I just remember that famous picture where Diana nodded off at a concert dressed in formal evening wear. She was pregnant at that time, I believe.

KittyAtlanta 09-27-2011 06:26 PM

It was a charming picture of Diana, and it was probably a concert --- not the opening of Parliament.

HRH of Sweden 09-27-2011 06:48 PM

Princess Diana at state opening of parliament - YouTube

there's Diana at the Opening of parliament in 1981 :)! would be nice to see the Duchess in a tiara again :P :D

Mermaid1962 09-27-2011 07:04 PM

It was at the Splendor of the Gonzagas Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Among Diana watchers, the lovely confection she was wearing is sometimes called "the Gonzaga dress.":flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1320668)
:previous: Had she fallen asleep again, this time at the opening of Parliament? I just remember that famous picture where Diana nodded off at a concert dressed in formal evening wear. She was pregnant at that time, I believe.

windsorgirl 09-27-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH of Sweden
Princess Diana at state opening of parliament - YouTube

there's Diana at the Opening of parliament in 1981 :)! would be nice to see the Duchess in a tiara again :P :D

Charles and Diana went for several years in the early part of their marriage. I'm reminded of the time Diana wore an updo and that's all the papers could talk about the next day!

sirhon11234 09-27-2011 08:04 PM

Well Camilla hasn't attended yet, I can't see Kate attending the ceremony before Camilla. It would seem slightly odd.

NGalitzine 09-27-2011 08:22 PM

Other than the Queen and Prince Philip I dont think other members of the family have attended since the reforms of the House of Lords began.

Baroness of Books 09-27-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1320683)
It was at the Splendor of the Gonzagas Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Among Diana watchers, the lovely confection she was wearing is sometimes called "the Gonzaga dress.":flowers:

Thank you - that was such a beautiful gown and the picture of her nodding off just endeared her to me.

MRSJ 09-27-2011 08:36 PM

https://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20532216

Catherine shops at Top Shop

XeniaCasaraghi 09-27-2011 11:36 PM

I am definitely leaning towards the situation of a) Kate requested to sit there on purpose b) Kate didn't care that there was a window and anyone with a camera can do what they want to do.

Lumutqueen 09-28-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH of Sweden (Post 1320679)

You probably will see her in one, but not at the opening of parliament until she is Queen.

biboquinhas 09-28-2011 05:04 AM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ms88P5k5cT...22222222-1.jpg
I think Kate should be more careful with this kind of photos...she should be at a place that no one could photographer her inside the hair salon :rofl:...

MARG 09-28-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1320728)
I am definitely leaning towards the situation of a) Kate requested to sit there on purpose b) Kate didn't care that there was a window and anyone with a camera can do what they want to do.

I think you've nailed it and whichever exact scenario is correct, I cannot but believe that she has made an incredibly bad decision.

Putting herself on display like that is inviting trouble and she will find that when she want's privacy she will not get it as she is inviting the paparrazzi into what is an essentially private aspect of her life. If she is willing to share on that level then there are no lines at all left and so, no lines can be crossed.

If have to admit I am gobsmacked. Even at her most familiar with the media, Diana never invited them into such an intimate aspect of her life. I don't believe I am going to say this but, someone needs to set some standards for Kathrine because she is sowing the wind and is like to reap the whirlwind!

biboquinhas 09-28-2011 07:29 AM

I found this strange...but indeed she must know already that she is going to be caught in the hair saloon near that:whistling: window!

MRSJ 09-28-2011 07:37 AM

I tend to think Kate just trys to go about her normal business as if not a Royal and thus sits wherever and let's whatever happen.....I still haven't figured out if this is a good strategy or not yet.....on one Hand ok yes she is a non working royal so just a regular person but on the other as another poster said hard to complain about paps when they are being given such a clear shot....

Zonk 09-28-2011 07:46 AM

Or maybe she has sat there in the past and it was no big deal and expected the same results. Like Mike Tindall in certain respect, she needs to understand that dating and marrying into the royal family are two totally different things and as a result, she will have more attention focused on the most minute things in her life. Things that she did in the past or know one had an interest in will be looking for a particular picture. I would also think that possibly someone alerted the press that she was there. Who even knew she was in town?

Either way, I don't consider this to be a capital offense. She was photographed with rollers in her hair, its not like she was flossing her teeth or caught kicking a kitten. So there is no need IMO to sound the warning bells about Kate's behavior.