The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/wedding-of-william-and-catherine-royal-wedding-miscellania-30756.html)

Osipi 04-27-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1239789)
Good job :lol:

And here somebody wanted to know how they might look in about 30 years ;)
Google Übersetzer

Ok.. ok... now I KNOW I'm old enough to know better yet young enough to care. Without explanation, this actually took me a few hours to figure out what was done. Sheeeesh... now I KNOW I'm losing it. :bang:

Emeralds and Opals 04-27-2011 08:45 AM

Royal wedding: A special moment with a saint - Telegraph

RubyPrincess168 04-27-2011 09:46 AM

There are so many knock-offs of the ring out there. Has anybody found a really good one? By that I mean most of them don't look quite right. The proportions are off, or the size of the sapphire and number of diamonds is different. I had a copycat ring that the Franklin Mint put out when Princess Diana died (along with the seven-row pearl & sapphire chocker) but they were stolen a few years ago.

Catharina 04-27-2011 10:34 AM

I would not count on this as a reliable source but I wouldn't say it could not be possible:

Kate Middleton dreams she is naked before wedding congregation | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

I think that must be a very common dream brides have before the wedding, along with the dreams about something being wrong with the dress or the wedding in general. I admit I myself often have similar "whoops, lost all my clothes" dreams when I'm nervous before something important. The difference between Kate's alleged dreams and mine is that people stare at her on hers and no-one seems to notice I'm naked in mine. :lol: Hmm... :ermm:

Jacknch 04-27-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie (Post 1239691)
Well, then both "The Queen" and "The King's Speech" got it wrong, because in both of them people are instructed that "It's 'ma'am' as in 'ham', not 'mahm' as in 'calm'." And that's how I learned it. It's special pronunciation only for HM, as regular ladies are indeed addressed as 'mahm'. Or 'moddom'. :biggrin:

Yes, the correct pronunciation is like ham with a long "a" because of the English pronunciation of the word "madam" from which ma'am derives. It's simply saying "madam" without the "d" and so there is no need to change the vowel sound. In fact, I'm quite sure that when Americans say something like "sure thing ma'am" they say the word quite correctly.

Catharina 04-27-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1239960)
Yes, the correct pronunciation is like ham with a long "a" because of the English pronunciation of the word "madam" from which ma'am derives. It's simply saying "madam" without the "d" and so there is no need to change the vowel sound. In fact, I'm quite sure that when Americans say something like "sure thing ma'am" they say the word quite correctly.

Well, the problem with English is that you write the words like they were pronounced 600 years ago but you do not pronounce them like that anymore. In other words, the pronunciation has changed but the rules how to write the words have not been updated. This means the word 'madam' would be correctly pronounced something like 'mudum'. The word is derived from the French word 'madame'.

larry486 04-27-2011 12:57 PM

prince william nickname ???
 
when he was at UNIVERSITY what was his nickname

Sister Morphine 04-27-2011 01:28 PM

I would assume Wills, which is the same nickname he's had since he was a child. I doubt they were calling him "Wombat", which is what his mother called him when he was a toddler.

Warren 04-27-2011 04:18 PM

It's time for another musical interlude...
 
Here's a whimsical song dedicated to the couple of the moment put together by four Canadians at an artist's community in British Columbia.
The video is worth a look as a cartoonist, Cailas Wiebe, does a "quick draw" narrative.
The singer is Ann Vriend.

Simple and sweet. :smile:

YouTube - William and Kate - wedding song dedicated to Prince William & Kate Middleton

Princess_Jess 04-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 (Post 1239891)
There are so many knock-offs of the ring out there. Has anybody found a really good one? By that I mean most of them don't look quite right. The proportions are off, or the size of the sapphire and number of diamonds is different. I had a copycat ring that the Franklin Mint put out when Princess Diana died (along with the seven-row pearl & sapphire chocker) but they were stolen a few years ago.

I'm certainly no expert in Royal Jewels but I got my knock-off from QVC and I think it is a nice replica. Although it states its only 8.80 carats, its really big. Here's the link: QVC Knock-Off Ring

carlota 04-28-2011 03:13 AM

Who is going to the royal wedding? (abbey, carriage route)
 
hello everyone!

is anyone going to go and be in the crowds the big day (near the abbey or along the carriage route)?
i'm thinking about going although unsure about where to go exactly as it will be crowded everywhere but it may be worthwhile! where do you recommend placing ourselves? anyone with experience in royal wedding crowd cheering? :flowers:
i thought the carriage route would be the easiest... but again with the rain i'm not sure if it would be great and maybe it's best to stay at home and watch it online. what do you think?

mgrant 04-28-2011 12:29 PM

I'm so excited! I just learned John Rutter, my favorite composer had been chosen to write choral piece for the wedding and I know it will be spectacular! And the newlyweds will exit the Abbey to my most favorite composition "Crown Imperial" by Walton! My band has that in our library!

KittyAtlanta 04-28-2011 12:38 PM

I find "Crown Imperial" to be a strange choice for the recessional. To me, it doesn't have enough "oomph."

mgrant 04-28-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
I find "Crown Imperial" to be a strange choice for the recessional. To me, it doesn't have enough "oomph."

Perhaps, but I've loved when I first heard it and it puts me in mind of royalty whenever I hear it. "Procession of the Nobles" would be good. Both express pagentry and pomp, which might be what they're going for. Anyway, I'm tickled pink! LOL

EmmaClare 04-28-2011 01:31 PM

Charity Auction - Royal Wedding Chutney
 
Hi all,

For the opportunity to win a limited-edition jar of Commemorative Royal Wedding Chutney - please follow this link:

English Provender Commemorative Royal Wedding Chutney on eBay (end time 02-May-11 10:26:51 BST)

All proceeds go to Berkshire Community Foundation – one of the charities chosen by Will & Kate for wedding donations.

Happy Bidding!

roseroyal 04-28-2011 03:57 PM

If this is not the right place for this please feel free to move it-I know my mum and I must be crazy, but we plan on staying up all night tonight to catch the wedding live on the West Coast. We are going to record it in case we fall asleep, but I really hope we don't, because I really want to be awake at the moment the world sees Kate in her dress for the first time! The anticipation is killing me...!

NotAPretender 04-28-2011 05:51 PM

Everybody in the House of Love!
 
Everybody in the house of love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gYLQKnL_s

NotAPretender 04-28-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1241063)
If this is not the right place for this please feel free to move it-I know my mum and I must be crazy, but we plan on staying up all night tonight to catch the wedding live on the West Coast. We are going to record it in case we fall asleep, but I really hope we don't, because I really want to be awake at the moment the world sees Kate in her dress for the first time! The anticipation is killing me...!

Hi roseroyal! I'm going to an English pub down here where a full English breakfast is being served starting at 4:00 am. So if you are crazy, I'm right there with you!

Anna Borewicz-Khor 04-28-2011 06:18 PM

A tribute to the lovely Kate Middleton
 
YouTube - A tribute to the lovely Kate Middleton with Prince William, Andrew Stewart Jamieson & Billy Joel

PrincessKaimi 04-28-2011 09:24 PM

I am reading that the Royal Program states that one of the hymns will be one used at Diana's funeral. Is that right and where do I find the Royal Program?

I'll go check the Royal Circular site, but if anyone knows the actual link to the program, would be appreciated.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises