The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/wedding-of-william-and-catherine-royal-wedding-miscellania-30756.html)

Zonk 11-16-2010 06:49 AM

Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania

Since the engagement of William and Catherine there have been some fun and interesting ways the impending wedding has been celebrated with social media.

One has the been the wildy popular T-Mobile video with their verison of the Royal Wedding.

Please join the fun and share what you have discovered.

Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forums Moderator

:royalstandard:

WillsKateHello 03-20-2011 08:37 AM

Royal Wedding - Send Your Greeting www.wills-kate.com

Hello,
If anyone wishes, they can 'Send a Greeting' at www.wills-kate.com for Prince William and Catherine Middleton to celebrate their Royal Wedding.
The website is new, not full of ads and free to use.
Please don't post anything that you wouldn't want to receive at your own wedding.
I recognise that is not glossy and professionally built, but hope it is well received.
Best regards
JohnH

paulfraser 03-23-2011 09:48 AM

Free downloadable pdf 'Souvenir Guide' to the Royal Wedding

If you would like a handy guide to the Royal Wedding you can download one here for free:

https://www.paulfrasercollectib…..de2011.pdf

You can download as many copies as you like.

Hope it proves useful,

Paul Fraser Collectibles

RoyalRogue 03-28-2011 09:02 PM

Good Evening,
Thank you so much!!!!! :) I love the guide!!!!!
RoyalRogue

mayzie 03-29-2011 12:00 AM

Thanks!
Are there any Royal Forum members meeting up in London on the wedding day?

KF_BL 03-31-2011 05:28 AM

Royal Wedding Competition -

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me posting but I thought this competition would be of interest to some of you.

I'm currently working with The Royal Mint in the UK on their coverage of The Royal Wedding for which they are producing the only coin with the Royal seal of approval. The Royal Mint are offering a fantastic opportunity for a winner + a friend to be right at the heart of the celebrations on 29th April.

A winner + 1 will spend the night before the wedding in a top central London hotel – the Trafalgar. They will enjoy breakfast on the roof garden which will be followed by watching the wedding, on screen, in the comfort of a private conference room that looks out over Trafalgar Square. After the ceremony the winners will have lunch on the roof garden where they will be able to enjoy the continuing celebrations.

This is open to UK residents only. For more info click on the link above and to learn more about the Royal Wedding Coin watch the video below An interview with the designer Mark Richards.

Thanks!

~*Kaiserin*~ 04-04-2011 07:01 PM

Royal Wedding Gift: Support Prince William's and Kate Middleton's Privacy

As one of the "guardians of royal love", I would like to inform all of you of the petition for Prince William's and Kate Middleton's privacy!

Please sign the petition on the Guardians of Royal Love website. Feel free to pass it on to your family/friends/acquaintances/strangers! This is your present to the Royal Couple.

You can also follow Guardians of Royal Love on:
Facebook: Guardians of Royal Love | Facebook
Twitter: Guard's Captain (GuardiansRL) on Twitter

Thank you! :flowers:

Majesty79 04-08-2011 06:39 PM

I also recommend their charity fun. If you donate something, you will receive a thank you from the couple.
The Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton Charitable Gift Fund

angieuk 04-11-2011 07:29 AM

19 NEW Books and DVDS WILLIAM AND KATE 2011

1. Kate - Style Princess: The Fashion and Beauty Secrets of Britain's Most Glamorous Royal: Amazon.co.uk: Sara Cywinski: Books

2. Invitation to the Royal Wedding: Amazon.co.uk: Ian Lloyd: Books

3. The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton Life Life Books: Amazon.co.uk: Robert Sullivan: Books

4. William & Kate: A Royal Wedding Souvenir: Amazon.co.uk: Annie Bullen: Books

5. William and Kate: The Royal Wedding Royal Wedding 2011: Amazon.co.uk: Books

6. Kate Style: Chic and Classic Look: Amazon.co.uk: Alisande Healy Orme: Books

7. Prince William: Destiny, An Unauthorised Story DVD 2011 Region 1 NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Prince William Kate Middleton: DVD

8. William & Kate -- A Royal Love Story [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

9. William & Catherine: Their Lives, Their Wedding: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Morton: Books

10. Kate Portrait of a Princess [DVD] [2011]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

11. William & Kate: A Royal Love Story With Bonus Picture: Amazon.co.uk: Whitman Publishing: Books

12. William & Kate (Pitkin Royal Souvenir): Amazon.co.uk: Annie Bullen: Books

13. William & Kate - Inside The Royal Wedding [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Bruce Burgess: DVD

14. The Making of a Royal Romance: Amazon.co.uk: Katie Nicholl: Books

15. William and Kate: A Royal Romance (NONE): Amazon.co.uk: Jane Bingham: Books

16. Prince William & Kate: The Royal Romance [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

17. The Royal Wedding For Dummies For Dummies Lifestyles Paperback: Amazon.co.uk: Julian Knight: Books

18. William And Kate: The Movie The Love Story of the Century DVD: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

19. British Royal Weddings Of The 20th Century [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

Elly C 04-11-2011 05:40 PM

Does anyone know if there is to be a Royal Wedding official programme published as there was for Charles & Di/Andrew & Sarah?

1222 04-12-2011 04:18 PM

Lifetime channel in the USA is having a Kate and William movie April 18. I guess everyone is cashing in on this wedding.

Mia_mae 04-12-2011 04:24 PM

Talk about cashing in. And people asking "Who cares?" pffff...

segolen 04-14-2011 06:53 PM

well, it was a nice thing of you to post this petition in here...but we all want to learn something new about them don't we? So far I haven't seen any paps breaking too much the rules of privacy. Taking on account Catherine and William are high profile personalities, they probably need to get used to this attention if they haven't already.

mgrant 04-14-2011 09:45 PM

Wedding Fever

I can't recall if Charles and Diana caused a firestorm of wedding fever. I have never seen so much DVDs, book, magazine articles on Kate and William. It really is quite amazing. :lol: I don't expect it will happen but I wonder if Zara's wedding will create a stir as well. So far her's is looking somewhat low key.:flowers:

Grandma828 04-14-2011 09:51 PM

Charles and Diana's marriage created quite a storm. It was considered a "fairytale". Of course we now know the truth. Zara's wedding will be very low keyed. She is very far down the line in relation to the throne. William is second. That place in line controls everything.

mgrant 04-14-2011 10:01 PM

Now I remember!:rofl: But all the current media furor is still daunting, at least to me! Catherine seems to handling it quite well. I hope she is as well grounded as she seems. She has all my best hopes and wishes.

EchoLynn 04-16-2011 08:56 AM

I got Number 11 lol. Read it all last night...

fairytaleprincess 04-21-2011 01:47 PM

Facebook page for our future Queen-Catherine

Hi everybody! I don't know about everyone else but I can barely contain my excitement. So much so that I have opened a very special page on facebook titled: HRH PRINCESS CATHERINE - A JEWEL IN THE CROWN.

There are beautiful albums of Catherine and stories of her romance with HRH Prince William as well as beautiful pictures of William's late mother, Diana.

This page will be a truly nspirational tribute to Catherine and I also have added a link to the facebook page for The Royal Foum. I hope you will all join my page and support our future Queen of England!

I will be in London to see the wedding next work an I am just s thrilled as i was in 1980, as a 9 year old girl when HRH Prince Charles married the beautiful Princess Diana.

Enjoy the special day. God Save The Queen xxxx

Osipi 04-21-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairytaleprincess (Post 1236064)
Hi everybody! I don't know about everyone else but I can barely contain my excitement. So much so that I have opened a very special page on facebook titled: HRH PRINCESS CATHERINE - A JEWEL IN THE CROWN.

There are beautiful albums of Catherine and stories of her romance with HRH Prince William as well as beautiful pictures of William's late mother, Diana.

This page will be a truly nspirational tribute to Catherine and I also have added a link to the facebook page for The Royal Foum. I hope you will all join my page and support our future Queen of England!

I will be in London to see the wedding next work an I am just s thrilled as i was in 1980, as a 9 year old girl when HRH Prince Charles married the beautiful Princess Diana.

Enjoy the special day. God Save The Queen xxxx

Very nice sentiment but I'd really hold off on the HRH Princess Catherine title. In order for her to actually use that title legally, she would have to have special dispensation from the Queen stating that she would be allowed to be styled as such. The only females that by right can be titled and styled as HRH Princess *first name* are those that are born as children of the monarch (Princess Anne, The Princess Royal) or born in the male line of descent from the monarch (Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie).

Diana was The Princess of Wales but never Princess Diana. Many times when she was addressed as Princess Diana, she would correct them.

There is much more about the titles and styles that Catherine will/may use after the wedding here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...les-29280.html

Just thought you'd want your FB page to be as accurate as possible.
Good luck to you!

missMaryanne 04-22-2011 12:46 AM

i saw the fb page... very documented... and it has hundreds of likes, too!!!! nice job!!!!

p.d. i "like" the page too...

Zonk 04-22-2011 06:25 PM

I found this video yesterday. Not sure if the song was written for the Royal Wedding (although it is called Billy) or she decided to get some extra publicity by tying it to William and Kate. Either way its kind of cute and the song isn't bad IMO.

YouTube - Marli Harwood -- Billy (William and Kate's Royal Wedding)

Mia_mae 04-22-2011 07:11 PM

The Sims version of the wedding
YouTube - Casamento entre o príncipe William e Kate Middleton na versão The Sims

1222 04-22-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandma828 (Post 1232900)
Charles and Diana's marriage created quite a storm. It was considered a "fairytale". Of course we now know the truth. Zara's wedding will be very low keyed. She is very far down the line in relation to the throne. William is second. That place in line controls everything.

Yes Charles and Diana's Wedding was a big deal back in 1981.Everyone did considered it a "fairytale" I was up at 3 AM to watch that wedding and will be up early for this one too.
It was also a big deal less than a year later waiting for Prince William to be born.I remember being so excited he was boy and going to be King some day.

mgrant 04-22-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1236757)
I found this video yesterday. Not sure if the song was written for the Royal Wedding (although it is called Billy) or she decided to get some extra publicity by tying it to William and Kate. Either way its kind of cute and the song isn't bad IMO.

Awww. I like that.:tongue:

MichelleVA 04-22-2011 11:51 PM

Photos in Gowns

I have a question. I remember before Charles and Diana got married (perhaps I am wrong in timing I was only 6 LOL) but Diana and Charles did a beautiful picture with her in a green evening gown and him in uniform. She wore a beautiful diamond necklace. I have been waiting for a official photo of Kate and William in formal wear. Do you think they will do one or will one be released on the wedding day? I remember Princess Mary and had some official gown pics before the wedding if I remember correct?
I am dying to see what they look like all dressed up in jewels!

genegirl99 04-23-2011 06:16 PM

https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...9/1bd68bbf.jpg

Well I have Catherine done. I have the wedding dress done minus the sleeves

Duke 04-25-2011 07:17 AM

Hi, anyone which military unifrom Prince William will be wearing?

aarya 04-25-2011 07:24 AM

https://www.royalweddingcard.co.uk/

To celebrate a royal wedding I have just launched a non commercial website so that all the well wishers around the world can send wedding messages to Prince William and Kate Middleton. It is a unique way of signing a Royal wedding card.

If you're one of the many wondering how to send your personal wedding wishes to the royal couple.... just log in to www.royalweddingcard.co.uk

Please sign the royal wedding card and pass on to your friends and family who wish to grab this life time opportunity

Lenora 04-26-2011 07:44 AM

Royal Couple Portray painted with the help of coffee
Royal Wedding: Royal family fan paints portrait of Kate Middleton and William using coffee | Mail Online

erikras 04-26-2011 08:32 AM

Will & Kate Face Swap

A little photoshop fun I had. Click to see larger. :smile:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5265/...7e5c8c_m_d.jpg

texankitcat 04-26-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikras (Post 1239174)

LMAO! Oh dear.....it's a good thing William is losing his hair. :lol:

MichelleVA 04-26-2011 11:01 AM

Doesn't Kate look like the girl who played Blossom on tv? Wow that is a freaky pic!

Renata4711 04-26-2011 04:44 PM

Too freaky for my taste..... What's the point of the "swap" ??

spratsmum 04-26-2011 06:24 PM

Just a bit of fun - what time do you think Kate will be awake on Friday morning to start dressing and preparing for the wedding - I would think some time not much 5 would be a good bet

Osipi 04-26-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spratsmum (Post 1239536)
Just a bit of fun - what time do you think Kate will be awake on Friday morning to start dressing and preparing for the wedding - I would think some time not much 5 would be a good bet

All I know is that for me it would be awfully hard to really sleep with such a big day ahead of me. I'd not be too surprised if Kate and Pippa have an all night gab session the night before with maybe catching a few power naps here and there.

CrownPrincess5 04-26-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spratsmum

Every bride I've known got a maximum of 2 hours sleep before their wedding. I don't think she'll sleep much but she will probably will start with hair and makeup around 7:00 I think.

Duchess Rennie 04-26-2011 09:25 PM

I just wish commentators would learn how to pronounce "Mall." It rhymes with "Sal" and "pal", people, not "Paul" or "hall"!

Osipi 04-26-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie (Post 1239610)
I just wish commentators would learn how to pronounce "Mall." It rhymes with "Sal" and "pal", people, not "Paul" or "hall"!

Ever since Mr. Remote watched some of the commentary on CNN with Anderson Cooper and he was taught that to properly address HM, after "Your Majesty"its then Ma'am as in "mom" and not as in "ham", he's been saying "yes mom" to me all week. For some reason I'd always believed it to me as in "ham" here myself.

I think by the time the wedding actually gets here, I just may have company in the wee hours watching this wedding! :biggrin:

Duchess Rennie 04-27-2011 02:49 AM

Well, then both "The Queen" and "The King's Speech" got it wrong, because in both of them people are instructed that "It's 'ma'am' as in 'ham', not 'mahm' as in 'calm'." And that's how I learned it. It's special pronunciation only for HM, as regular ladies are indeed addressed as 'mahm'. Or 'moddom'. :biggrin:

fairy tale 04-27-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikras (Post 1239174)

Good job :lol:

And here somebody wanted to know how they might look in about 30 years ;)
Google Übersetzer

Osipi 04-27-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy tale (Post 1239789)
Good job :lol:

And here somebody wanted to know how they might look in about 30 years ;)
Google Übersetzer

Ok.. ok... now I KNOW I'm old enough to know better yet young enough to care. Without explanation, this actually took me a few hours to figure out what was done. Sheeeesh... now I KNOW I'm losing it. :bang:

Emeralds and Opals 04-27-2011 08:45 AM

Royal wedding: A special moment with a saint - Telegraph

RubyPrincess168 04-27-2011 09:46 AM

There are so many knock-offs of the ring out there. Has anybody found a really good one? By that I mean most of them don't look quite right. The proportions are off, or the size of the sapphire and number of diamonds is different. I had a copycat ring that the Franklin Mint put out when Princess Diana died (along with the seven-row pearl & sapphire chocker) but they were stolen a few years ago.

Catharina 04-27-2011 10:34 AM

I would not count on this as a reliable source but I wouldn't say it could not be possible:

Kate Middleton dreams she is naked before wedding congregation | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

I think that must be a very common dream brides have before the wedding, along with the dreams about something being wrong with the dress or the wedding in general. I admit I myself often have similar "whoops, lost all my clothes" dreams when I'm nervous before something important. The difference between Kate's alleged dreams and mine is that people stare at her on hers and no-one seems to notice I'm naked in mine. :lol: Hmm... :ermm:

Jacknch 04-27-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie (Post 1239691)
Well, then both "The Queen" and "The King's Speech" got it wrong, because in both of them people are instructed that "It's 'ma'am' as in 'ham', not 'mahm' as in 'calm'." And that's how I learned it. It's special pronunciation only for HM, as regular ladies are indeed addressed as 'mahm'. Or 'moddom'. :biggrin:

Yes, the correct pronunciation is like ham with a long "a" because of the English pronunciation of the word "madam" from which ma'am derives. It's simply saying "madam" without the "d" and so there is no need to change the vowel sound. In fact, I'm quite sure that when Americans say something like "sure thing ma'am" they say the word quite correctly.

Catharina 04-27-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacknch (Post 1239960)
Yes, the correct pronunciation is like ham with a long "a" because of the English pronunciation of the word "madam" from which ma'am derives. It's simply saying "madam" without the "d" and so there is no need to change the vowel sound. In fact, I'm quite sure that when Americans say something like "sure thing ma'am" they say the word quite correctly.

Well, the problem with English is that you write the words like they were pronounced 600 years ago but you do not pronounce them like that anymore. In other words, the pronunciation has changed but the rules how to write the words have not been updated. This means the word 'madam' would be correctly pronounced something like 'mudum'. The word is derived from the French word 'madame'.

larry486 04-27-2011 12:57 PM

prince william nickname ???

when he was at UNIVERSITY what was his nickname

Sister Morphine 04-27-2011 01:28 PM

I would assume Wills, which is the same nickname he's had since he was a child. I doubt they were calling him "Wombat", which is what his mother called him when he was a toddler.

Warren 04-27-2011 04:18 PM

It's time for another musical interlude...

Here's a whimsical song dedicated to the couple of the moment put together by four Canadians at an artist's community in British Columbia.
The video is worth a look as a cartoonist, Cailas Wiebe, does a "quick draw" narrative.
The singer is Ann Vriend.

Simple and sweet. :smile:

YouTube - William and Kate - wedding song dedicated to Prince William & Kate Middleton

Princess_Jess 04-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 (Post 1239891)
There are so many knock-offs of the ring out there. Has anybody found a really good one? By that I mean most of them don't look quite right. The proportions are off, or the size of the sapphire and number of diamonds is different. I had a copycat ring that the Franklin Mint put out when Princess Diana died (along with the seven-row pearl & sapphire chocker) but they were stolen a few years ago.

I'm certainly no expert in Royal Jewels but I got my knock-off from QVC and I think it is a nice replica. Although it states its only 8.80 carats, its really big. Here's the link: QVC Knock-Off Ring

carlota 04-28-2011 03:13 AM

Who is going to the royal wedding? (abbey, carriage route)

hello everyone!

is anyone going to go and be in the crowds the big day (near the abbey or along the carriage route)?
i'm thinking about going although unsure about where to go exactly as it will be crowded everywhere but it may be worthwhile! where do you recommend placing ourselves? anyone with experience in royal wedding crowd cheering? :flowers:
i thought the carriage route would be the easiest... but again with the rain i'm not sure if it would be great and maybe it's best to stay at home and watch it online. what do you think?

mgrant 04-28-2011 12:29 PM

I'm so excited! I just learned John Rutter, my favorite composer had been chosen to write choral piece for the wedding and I know it will be spectacular! And the newlyweds will exit the Abbey to my most favorite composition "Crown Imperial" by Walton! My band has that in our library!

KittyAtlanta 04-28-2011 12:38 PM

I find "Crown Imperial" to be a strange choice for the recessional. To me, it doesn't have enough "oomph."

mgrant 04-28-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
I find "Crown Imperial" to be a strange choice for the recessional. To me, it doesn't have enough "oomph."

Perhaps, but I've loved when I first heard it and it puts me in mind of royalty whenever I hear it. "Procession of the Nobles" would be good. Both express pagentry and pomp, which might be what they're going for. Anyway, I'm tickled pink! LOL

EmmaClare 04-28-2011 01:31 PM

Charity Auction - Royal Wedding Chutney

Hi all,

For the opportunity to win a limited-edition jar of Commemorative Royal Wedding Chutney - please follow this link:

English Provender Commemorative Royal Wedding Chutney on eBay (end time 02-May-11 10:26:51 BST)

All proceeds go to Berkshire Community Foundation – one of the charities chosen by Will & Kate for wedding donations.

Happy Bidding!

roseroyal 04-28-2011 03:57 PM

If this is not the right place for this please feel free to move it-I know my mum and I must be crazy, but we plan on staying up all night tonight to catch the wedding live on the West Coast. We are going to record it in case we fall asleep, but I really hope we don't, because I really want to be awake at the moment the world sees Kate in her dress for the first time! The anticipation is killing me...!

NotAPretender 04-28-2011 05:51 PM

Everybody in the House of Love!

Everybody in the house of love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gYLQKnL_s

NotAPretender 04-28-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1241063)
If this is not the right place for this please feel free to move it-I know my mum and I must be crazy, but we plan on staying up all night tonight to catch the wedding live on the West Coast. We are going to record it in case we fall asleep, but I really hope we don't, because I really want to be awake at the moment the world sees Kate in her dress for the first time! The anticipation is killing me...!

Hi roseroyal! I'm going to an English pub down here where a full English breakfast is being served starting at 4:00 am. So if you are crazy, I'm right there with you!

Anna Borewicz-Khor 04-28-2011 06:18 PM

A tribute to the lovely Kate Middleton

YouTube - A tribute to the lovely Kate Middleton with Prince William, Andrew Stewart Jamieson & Billy Joel

PrincessKaimi 04-28-2011 09:24 PM

I am reading that the Royal Program states that one of the hymns will be one used at Diana's funeral. Is that right and where do I find the Royal Program?

I'll go check the Royal Circular site, but if anyone knows the actual link to the program, would be appreciated.

wbenson 04-28-2011 09:25 PM

The order of service is available here.

glassary 04-28-2011 10:11 PM

Saw this on a tv spot about the wedding and found it alot of fun.
An acapella group from St. Andrews did this video.
YouTube - Royal Romance: The Other Guys' Official Royal Wedding Video

roseroyal 04-28-2011 10:49 PM

The hymn in the service that was also used at Diana's funeral is " Guide Me O Great Redeemer, so yes it is true, Princess Kami!

roseroyal 04-28-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAPretender (Post 1241257)
Everybody in the house of love!

I love this vid! Now a ?When Harry gets married do you think there will be the same amount of grandeur and worldwide excitement as William's?Or will he have a smaller scale wedding?

Osipi 04-28-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1241577)
I love this vid!Now a ?When Harry gets married do you think there will be the same amount of grandeur and worldwide excitement as William's?Or will he have a smaller scale wedding?

With Harry, anything is possible from a smaller, less grand wedding to an elopement to getting married in Scotland or Africa even. I think that's quite a ways off yet though.

BeeJay 04-29-2011 11:29 PM

Royal protocol/etiquette?

Why did Prince William get into the carriage first, after the ceremony?

Why didn't Prince William watch Kate come down the aisle?

Thx!

Madame Royale 04-29-2011 11:32 PM

:previous:

A) So he didn't trample over his brides dress

B) He simply wanted to wait until his wife to be, stood beside him at the alter.

Nothing to do with protocol. Just logic and personal preference.

BeeJay 04-29-2011 11:59 PM

Just found this myself

Why didn't Prince William watch his bride walk down the aisle? Tradition. The groom is the last person to see the bride, and can only do so after she has completed the long walk down the aisle and is at his side. Since the aisle at Westminster Abbey is about 300-feet long, he had at least a four-minute wait at the altar.

Madame Royale 04-30-2011 12:12 AM

Thanks, BeeJay :smile:

Do you have the source?

Island Princess 04-30-2011 12:17 AM

My feeling was he was too nervous or would become too emotional to look. Perhaps he wished to avoid the tears that Prince Frederick of Denmark displayed on seeing his bride, Mary?

Duchess Rennie 04-30-2011 12:23 AM

Etiquette even for non-royals dictates that a man should always get into a car (or carriage) first, to spare his female companion the need to slide across the seat and disarrange her dress. As for the other question, I would think it's either tradition or preference.

BeeJay 04-30-2011 12:36 AM

My source

I found the explanation - husband-to-be is last to see bride - from this article on Shine by Yahoo:

Royal wedding mysteries, solved

By Lylah M. Alphonse, Shine StaffFri, Apr 29, 2011 4:16 PM GMT+00:00

Thanks also for comment about getting into the carriage first.

kristens 04-30-2011 12:51 PM

Procession to the abbey

The procession to the abbey was a real car show. There was, of course, the state Bentley, Catherine in the Rolls-Royce Phantom VI and assorted Daimlers. The one though that really caught my eye was the one Charles and Camilla rode in, a Rolls-Royce Phantom IV from 1950. What's amazing is that it is a contemporary to the Lincoln used here by Presidents Truman and Eisenhower that's on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan.

Frau Hildegard 04-30-2011 09:23 PM

Military protocol at the wedding

Hi all, I have a question that might be best described as having to do with military protocol at the wedding.

I noticed that when William and Harry entered the church, they were wearing spurs (indicative of their position as knights) and sword slings, but no swords.

However, Philip, Charles and Andrew all had swords that they wore into the church. Philip also had spurs. Charles had no spurs. I didn't see Andrew's feet so I don't know if he wore spurs.

Is there a reason William and Harry did not bear arms into the church but their granddad and uncle and father did? As far as I remember, pictures that I have seen of Philip and Charles and Andrew at their weddings all showed them wearing swords.

What is the difference?

Royal_Eagle 04-30-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frau Hildegard (Post 1246063)
Hi all, I have a question that might be best described as having to do with military protocol at the wedding.

I noticed that when William and Harry entered the church, they were wearing spurs (indicative of their position as knights) and sword slings, but no swords.

However, Philip, Charles and Andrew all had swords that they wore into the church. Philip also had spurs. Charles had no spurs. I didn't see Andrew's feet so I don't know if he wore spurs.

Is there a reason William and Harry did not bear arms into the church but their granddad and uncle and father did? As far as I remember, pictures that I have seen of Philip and Charles and Andrew at their weddings all showed them wearing swords.

What is the difference?

Very interesting question re the swords (I hadn't noticed the spurs, but I wasn't looking for them). I had thought at least Prince William would have a sword. Maybe someone can answer this?

PrincessKaimi 05-01-2011 12:30 AM

I too am very interested in knowing more about what the men wore and the military significance of it. I had read that Prince William would wear an empty scabbard.

Now I'm going to have to go back and look for Harry's spurs.

Did Prince Edward wear a uniform? Was he ever actually in the military? I would assume he has some honorary rank somewhere (but maybe not).

What uniform was Harry wearing, actually? I forgot to ask earlier and have been caught up in what the women wore.

Lisele 05-01-2011 02:05 AM

Prince Edward was not in uniform. I believe he was in the Marines but resigned his commission before he graduated.

wbenson 05-01-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi (Post 1246189)
Did Prince Edward wear a uniform?

Yes, it was his uniform as royal honorary colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi (Post 1246189)
What uniform was Harry wearing, actually? I forgot to ask earlier and have been caught up in what the women wore.

It was the uniform of an officer in the Blues and Royals.

wbenson 05-01-2011 02:15 AM

Royal wedding: loving Prince William rejects prenuptial agreement - Telegraph

Prince William's whispered words to Catherine Middleton at the altar in Westminster Abbey, "you are beautiful", are not his only romantic gesture. The Duke of Cambridge, as he now is, refused to sign a prenuptial agreement with his fiancée.

Lisele 05-01-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1246236)
Yes, it was his uniform as royal honorary colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry.

I stand corrected. I confused the picture of the pre-wedding gala as the one for the wedding. My apologies.

fortimo 05-01-2011 08:24 AM

I have the question, when they went back to the palace as man and wife, William saluted many times, and than Cathrine bent down her head. Why?

Skippy 05-01-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortimo (Post 1246370)
I have the question, when they went back to the palace as man and wife, William saluted many times, and than Cathrine bent down her head. Why?

To show her respect for the cause he was saluting.

KristineML 05-01-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 1246374)
To show her respect for the cause he was saluting.

He was saluting war memorials.

Skippy 05-01-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristineML (Post 1246405)
He was saluting war memorials.

Yep, exactly.

angieuk 05-01-2011 02:32 PM

Royal wedding speech: Prince Harry pays tribute to Prince William | Mail Online

Royal Wedding kiss: Prince William & Kate Middleton drive away in a vintage Aston Martin | Mail Online

Royal wedding reception: Prince Charles's speech to Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Bride awakes a Princess... but William's back to work on Tuesday | Mail Online

William the worrier: Even on his wedding day, Prince watches out for his little bridesmaid | Mail Online

Royal Wedding kiss: Prince William & Kate Middleton drive away in a vintage Aston Martin | Mail Online

Royal wedding 2011: 2 kisses and 2 families coming together at last | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton wore just a tad too much mascara | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: 'Ninja nun' sat inches from Prince William | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: Pippa Middleton will be next to wed if she doesn't run off with Prince Harry | Mail Online

Royal wedding party: 'Prince Harry stage-dived into a crowd of palace revellers' | Mail Online

Royal wedding party: 'Prince Harry stage-dived into a crowd of palace revellers' | Mail Online

Pippa Middleton designs her own very special wedding dress... out of toilet paper | Mail Online

Kate and Pippa Middleton's Royal Wedding grooming tricks | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Victoria Beckham's hat by Philip Treacy only ready minutes before service | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: Why Chelsy Davy will NEVER marry Prince Harry | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Princess Beatrice swaps heels for trainers as she leaves after-party | Mail Online

William the worrier: Even on his wedding day, Prince watches out for his little bridesmaid | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Did Kate's Mum help to choose something special for the trousseau? | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Did Kate's Mum help to choose something special for the trousseau? | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: A beautiful DIY make-up job...with a little advice beforehand | Mail Online

Royal Wedding pictures: The official Royal Wedding album suggests Kate and William's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's | Mail Online

RubyPrincess168 05-01-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1246237)

I read about this and was very shocked! It's romantic, but probably not very smart.

CrownPrincess5 05-01-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson
Royal wedding: loving Prince William rejects prenuptial agreement - Telegraph

Prince William's whispered words to Catherine Middleton at the altar in Westminster Abbey, "you are beautiful", are not his only romantic gesture. The Duke of Cambridge, as he now is, refused to sign a prenuptial agreement with his fiancée.

Oh no. I don't think that was smart idea. A pre-nup is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you don't love the person. It's about protecting yourself cause you never know what the future holds.

Let's say what if William turns into a demon and wants nothing to do with Kate? Then without a prenup she's screwed. She'll have to hire the best lawyers etc and a whole lot of time will be wasted. I hope it doesn't get to that but I'm saying those agreement are very important....especially if one has a lot to lose.

QUEENECE29 05-01-2011 03:35 PM

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the magazine cover

Beautiful Royal Couple

Royal Wedding: HELLO! unveils souvenir wedding edition - hellomagazine.com

Lumutqueen 05-01-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5

Oh no. I don't think that was smart idea. A pre-nup is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you don't love the person. It's about protecting yourself cause you never know what the future holds.

Let's say what if William turns into a demon and wants nothing to do with Kate? Then without a prenup she's screwed. She'll have to hire the best lawyers etc and a whole lot of time will be wasted. I hope it doesn't get to that but I'm saying those agreement are very important....especially if one has a lot to lose.

Agreed pre-nups should be signed when entering royal marriages.

wbenson 05-02-2011 04:24 AM

The thing is, even if they did have a prenup, there's no reason to expect that a court would follow its terms. As of right now, they're not considered binding in any part of the UK. A court only recently allowed them to be entered into evidence at all, and it said that it would only be considered in certain circumstances.

tiger 05-02-2011 05:54 AM

Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?
It's not really important but funny to realize.

Osipi 05-02-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger (Post 1247078)
Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?

I could be that she did what I did when I married. When I got to the altar, I discreetly slipped my engagement ring onto my right hand. Once the wedding band was in place, I moved the engagement ring back to my left.

wartenberg7 05-02-2011 06:19 AM

wedding scale

When Harry gets married do you think there will be the same amount of grandeur and worldwide excitement as William's?Or will he have a smaller scale wedding?[/QUOTE]

Well, IMO this WAS a pretty small scale wedding in terms of royal standards if you compare it with the scandinavian royal weddings or the dutch one (no great jewellery, no pre wedding evening receptions together with the bridal couple, no firework displays etc.)!
So, yes, I think Harry´s wedding could be as "grand" as this one, as Pr. Andrew´s wedding in 1986 (or Anne´s in 1973) wasn´t much more low-key than Charles and Dianas.

Iluvbertie 05-02-2011 06:48 AM

This was a fairly typical BRF wedding. They don't do the sort of stuff the others do.

Harry's won't be as grand as this unless William or The Queen or Charles is already deceased and he is 2nd in line.

This was similar to Andrew's but not as grand as Charles' but Charles was the heir apparent while William is only 2nd in line.

Harry's may very well not even be in London but be at St George's if in the present reign and after William and Kate have a couple of children - say he has dropped to 5th in line (William and Kate have two children) and the present Queen is still on the throne he wouldn't warrant the same scale of celebration but if he is still 3rd or even up to 2nd - William and Kate have no children and his father is King - then it would be similar.

Lukesteele 05-02-2011 11:24 AM

Instrumental guitar tribute to the Royal couple

Hi, I'm new here and would love to share with you all a rock guitar instrumental piece, "Phanfare for all souls", I was inspired to write for the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Plse view my youtube video here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVtK...er_profilepage

Your comments are welcome. God Bless the royal couple and us all. Peace, Lu Ruello https://www.unofficialroyalty.com/com...cons/smile.png
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.

RubyPrincess168 05-02-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 1246616)

I'm dying whilst waiting for it to come to the US (IF it comes to the US)! Usually we are a week behind. I don't know if we get the left overs or what, but my local bookstore usually only has about 2 or 3 copies on the newstand when I'm there. Some of the bigger issues have been absent.

monkeyfish 05-02-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger (Post 1247078)

She was wearing her engagement ring on her right hand on the way into the Abbey - I caught a glimpse of it at one point under her bouquet. When they came back out from signing the register she had moved it over next to her wedding band on her left hand.

Lukesteele 05-02-2011 11:16 PM

Personal tributes to the Royal Couple

I've composed an instrumental guitar piecefor the Royal couple. Plse click here to view it. Your comments are welcome. YouTube - Phanfare for all souls- Royal tribute song for Prince William and Kate Middleton

Lu Ruello

Mia_mae 05-03-2011 02:14 PM

Now this is fast and very well done!

yfrog Photo : https://yfrog.com/h6mensuj Shared by royalwedding

KittyAtlanta 05-03-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie (Post 1245296)
Etiquette even for non-royals dictates that a man should always get into a car (or carriage) first, to spare his female companion the need to slide across the seat and disarrange her dress. As for the other question, I would think it's either tradition or preference.

also, a man should always enter an elevator first (to hold the doors open), walk in front of a woman when going down the aisle of a movie theatre (so he can break any stumble of hers), stairs - behind going up, in front going down, man in front when walking in a crowd, etc., etc. These are some of the active remains of Chivalry. Basically, it is common sense as most women are in high heels.