The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Spain (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   State Visit from Qatar to Spain: April 25-27, 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/state-visit-from-qatar-to-spain-april-25-27-2011-a-30712.html)

PrincessofEurope 04-26-2011 11:55 AM

Melanie Griffith turns on the Hollywood glamour for dinner with Spanish royal Princess Letizia | Mail Online

onenoble83 04-26-2011 12:19 PM

Madrid, April 26 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH Sheikha Moza bint Nasser attended a luncheon hosted by HE Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero at the Cabinet premises today in honor of Their Highnesses and the accompanying delegation.

Duke of Marmalade 04-26-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1239219)
Yes, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Anne & Camilla :flowers:

Exactly. I dont see any reason why tiaras were banned because of Sheikha Mozah not wearing one, as another poster pointed out neither do other Heads of State on their visits and Sheikha Mozah has enough ammunition to keep up in the jewellery department.

Is this a new level of the toning down stragety of the SRF, no tiaras on State occasions anymore. Whats next, moving out of the palace into a semi-detached house to appear no different from the ordinary Spaniard?:shifty:

Charlotte_Aster 04-26-2011 01:26 PM

Can it simply be because it was a black-tie affair and not white? (Yes, I know that tiaras can be worn to a black-tie affair, altough I never saw the SRF do so, IIRC)

Duke of Marmalade 04-26-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1239341)
Can it simply be because it was a black-tie affair and not white? (Yes, I know that tiaras can be worn to a black-tie affair, altough I never saw the SRF do so, IIRC)

no, it was white tie all the way
https://noticias.terra.es/2011/mundo/...l-25$599x0.jpg

Noor Mariam 04-26-2011 01:37 PM

Are there more pics of Sheikha Mozah and Queen Sofía today morning ??

An Ard Ri 04-26-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1239339)
Exactly. I dont see any reason why tiaras were banned because of Sheikha Mozah not wearing one, as another poster pointed out neither do other Heads of State on their visits and Sheikha Mozah has enough ammunition to keep up in the jewellery department.

Is this a new level of the toning down stragety of the SRF, no tiaras on State occasions anymore. Whats next, moving out of the palace into a semi-detached house to appear no different from the ordinary Spaniard?:shifty:

I'm begining to think they've sold all their jewels:biggrin:

Letizia only seems to wear those diamond star earings to every single event.They are nice & perhaps they have a sentimental attatchment but must she wear them 24/7?

monic 04-26-2011 02:39 PM

Princess Letizia & Sheikha Mozah Meet In Madrid (PHOTOS, POLL)

Adamari 04-26-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martiandoll (Post 1238924)
Why is Letizia's dress for the dinner inappropriate? Carla Bruni wore a strapless dress when the Emir of Qatar visited France in 2009. I don't think anyone criticized her for wearing it, and her dress even sat very low on her chest, much more "inappropriate" than Letizia's. I only read praises and adulation for Carla's style when she wore this dress.

Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge

The other woman was also wearing a strapless dress. So what makes it okay for Carla but wrong for Letizia to wear a dress that shows her shoulders?

I didn't say Letizia was dressed inappropriately. I only said that I was surprised by her choice because her guests were Muslim.

onenoble83 04-26-2011 05:03 PM

New photos : _sheikha Moza visits El Escorial library

His Highness the Emir and the Spanish Prime Minister witness the signing ceremony of a number of agreements and memoranda of understanding.
https://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...3926042011.jpg

An official session of talks held between the State of Qatar under the chairmanship of HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, and the Kingdom of Spain under the chairmanship of HE Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero
https://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(1).jpg

https://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(2).jpg

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani visits the Municipality of Madrid,
https://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(3).jpg

HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani meets at the Senate building in Madrid President of the Senate Council Javier Rojo, and the president of the Congress of Deputies Jose Bono.
https://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictu...042011-(1).jpg

dazzling 04-27-2011 08:24 AM

Emir of Qatar's wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned (C), stumbles and loses one of her shoes in presence of her husband, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (L) and Spain's King Juan Carlos(R), during a farewell ceremony held at El Pardo Palace in Madrid, Spain, 27 April 2011. Emir of Qatar and his wife end today their official visit to Spain. EFE/Juanjo Guillen

Belga gallery

Not a great farewell for Sheikha Mozah who got her heel caught.

Marika86 04-27-2011 08:50 AM

Spanish Royals Bid Farewell to the Emir of the State of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah Nint Nasser at El Pardo Palace. April 27, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

"Diez Minutos" Kings and Sheikhs of Qatar, private dinner at a restaurant in Madrid

onenoble83 04-27-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1239816)
Emir of Qatar's wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned (C), stumbles and loses one of her shoes in presence of her husband, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (L) and Spain's King Juan Carlos(R), during a farewell ceremony held at El Pardo Palace in Madrid, Spain, 27 April 2011. Emir of Qatar and his wife end today their official visit to Spain. EFE/Juanjo Guillen

Belga gallery

Not a great farewell for Sheikha Mozah who got her heel caught.


what an unexpected happening

Madrid , April 27 (QNA) - HH the Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and HH
Sheikha Moza bint Nasser left Madrid on Wednesday following a three- day visit to the Kingdom of Spain.Later HH the Emir sent a cable of thanks and appreciation to King Juan Carlos of Spain for the warm welcome and hospitality accorded to them and the accompanying delegation during the visit.

dazzling 04-28-2011 02:17 AM

Welcome ceremony

YouTube - El emir de Catar, visita oficial a España

Dinner

YouTube - Una visita catarí de marcado carácter económico

Visit to parliament & Sheikha Mozah's event with Queen Sofia

YouTube - La esposa del emir de Catar acapara la atención de los medios en su visita a España

shrifia 05-19-2011 10:42 AM

where is my shoes:biggrin:
https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1305811116


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises