The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices etc (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/forum-mobile-apps-for-iphone-ipad-android-devices-etc-29407.html)

Andy R 12-01-2010 05:31 PM

Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices etc

I am pleased to let you know that Royal Forums members can now surf the board with our Custom App for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices. This App is FREE and will help you stay in touch and up to date, while on the go.

You can see some screen shots and instructions for download on this page: Link or you can simply search the apps store associated with your mobile device.

Look for future support for other devices such as Blackberry and Windows Mobile and thanks for waiting so patiently for these mobile apps :flowers:

FasterB 12-01-2010 05:39 PM

Fantastic :) :) :) Now I can get news everywhere :D :D :D

dazzling 12-02-2010 12:37 AM

This is so cool, TRF would be with us on the go. Thanks Andy :flowers:

Lumutqueen 12-02-2010 05:30 AM

Yay, this is wonderful. Thank you. :flowers:

4Pam 12-06-2010 03:04 AM

How cool! That's so awesome!

MRSJ 12-06-2010 02:54 PM

iPhone App

I love this app but does anyone know how you can delete your posts if you use app to upload them? I can edit them but how do I delete them?

EmpressRouge 12-06-2010 05:05 PM

Sweet! And I just got my iPhone!

MRSJ 12-08-2010 11:26 PM

Not sure where to post this so hope someone sees it- on the TRF I touch app when I go to Swedish family royal thread after 2 minutes the app shuts down and kicks me out- help!!!????

Edit- now it's doing it on every thread a lot, is it just me? Or is it the app?

Marengo 12-09-2010 05:56 AM

Does anybody have the same problems as MRSJ? If so, we will get in touch with the technical people to see how it can be solved. Thanks for pointing it out!

Krisotter 12-09-2010 05:40 PM

Aw, drats.

My app just gave me an error message.

"The remote server sent an unparsable result. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Please contact the forum administrator and notify them that there is an issue with the Forum Runner plug-in."

MRSJ 12-10-2010 11:58 PM

app

Is anyone else having problem with TRF app for I touch? It continously freezes up on me and kicks me out or tells me it can't log on- even when I not trying to log on- I posted about it before but somehow the post dissappeared so maybe it's just happening to me, but any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance-

QEII 12-11-2010 12:05 AM

That happened to mines when I first downloaded it. Try to delete it and re-download it. This worked for me.

dazzling 12-11-2010 08:33 AM

I cant view any pinned threads. I cannot post, I get an error message and I cant view my PM's even though im signed in - I get a pop up message saying I dont have permission to.

MRSJ 12-11-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QEII
That happened to mines when I first downloaded it. Try to delete it and re-download it. This worked for me.

Thank you, I will try that! :)

MRSJ 01-21-2011 05:09 PM

I Phone App

Does anyone know why very suddenly today the RF I phone app will not open?I've tried deleting it and downloading it again but it will not open, Help! Please?

Esmerelda 01-21-2011 05:49 PM

The screen just went black for me earlier today on my iPod. I just restarted it and it's working fine now.

QEII 01-21-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esmerelda
The screen just went black for me earlier today on my iPod. I just restarted it and it's working fine now.

On my iPhone when I'm on the app it will freeze and exit out. Restarting it works for me too.

MRSJ 01-22-2011 10:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but nothing has worked- all it did is flash white to screen that says The Royal Forums and then nothing- I've rebooted my I touch and erased and redownloaded app 5 times. I guess I will not long be posting or enjoying the forum till it works again!

MRSJ 02-03-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitel
I'm having the same issue. I just restarted it, now its getting fine.

Yes now it's working and seems upgraded! Maybe they were making changes and that's why it didn't work but boy was it frustrating

MRSJ 04-11-2011 12:07 AM

Is the 'particapted' section of the current threads in the RF app not working for others? Mine gives me MSG saying it's broken- can we fix this so IPhone can see the threads we've 'particapted' in?

MRSJ 04-11-2011 12:08 AM

Any chance we can get the 'particapted' threads link to work on app under current ? It sends MSG saying it will not come up-

Esmerelda 04-11-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ
Any chance we can get the 'particapted' threads link to work on app under current ? It sends MSG saying it will not come up-

Just press ok then select one of the other tabs (last 3 days or last visit) then tap participated again. It works that way although it is annoying.

CrownPrincess5 04-11-2011 02:57 AM

Yes I have the exact same problem. I can never seem to delete a post.

MRSJ 04-11-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esmerelda

Just press ok then select one of the other tabs (last 3 days or last visit) then tap participated again. It works that way although it is annoying.

Thank you- it does work that way, though yes annoying :)

Edit- lol- no I lied it doesn't work because it then pulls up current threads but all of them not just ones I've particapted in ....I often feel like TRF is not so much concerned about their app -

MRSJ 04-11-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
Yes I have the exact same problem. I can never seem to delete a post.

Yes - and you can't multiple quote on app..,,I wish they'd add some of these features

Esmerelda 04-11-2011 03:12 PM

I've also never worked out how to post a link from safari onto the forum.

CrownPrincess5 04-25-2011 10:41 PM

Does anyone know how I can find the royal wedding thread for Will and Kate in the app?

MRSJ 04-25-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5
Does anyone know how I can find the royal wedding thread for Will and Kate in the app?

Under Reigning House- British Royals- 3rd thread listed is the Royal Wedding Forum...

The IPhone app is set up waaaaay different the regular forum.....and it's harder to find/ read thread subjects

CrownPrincess5 04-26-2011 01:41 PM

Navigating through this app is exhausting at times.

MRSJ 08-31-2011 11:40 PM

Anyone else having problems with the app not updating the current posts thread? I click on new threads and read them and then they don't update and say I haven't read them.....anyone else?

Daria_S 09-07-2011 11:32 PM

This is pretty neat. I've been bummed that I couldn't access this site while being online via my Android.

DukeOfAster 10-02-2011 03:11 AM

thanks for the APP!

I would like to add my thanks to this great site for the app it let's me enjoy royal for on the go all the time.

Lumutqueen 10-23-2011 08:02 AM

Just got the new version of the App, and when I look at threads there are massive white gaps after peoples posts and the "last 3 day's", "last visit" and "last month" tabs don't show up. And the "next page" link that's normally at the bottom of each thread is just a blank box. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

MRSJ 10-31-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Just got the new version of the App, and when I look at threads there are massive white gaps after peoples posts and the "last 3 day's", "last visit" and "last month" tabs don't show up. And the "next page" link that's normally at the bottom of each thread is just a blank box. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Same here and it's ANNOYING! Makes me want to stop coming here, can someone fix this please?

DukeOfAster 11-01-2011 01:46 AM

Works fine here. I find I am on my phone more now that this app is here. LOVE this site.

Janet H 11-01-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1329207)

The latest version of the app reeds the latest iOS to function properly. Please try uninstalling the app, then update your phone, then reinstall the app. :flowers:

Esmerelda 11-01-2011 01:43 PM

I think the problem has been resolved. I couldn't log in earlier today.

MRSJ 11-01-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H

The latest version of the app reeds the latest iOS to function properly. Please try uninstalling the app, then update your phone, then reinstall the app. :flowers:

Did that and still not fixed

MRSJ 11-02-2011 06:56 PM

Please someone fix this, it makes it very hard to see posts and pics, why does no one at TRF care that the app doesn't work?

Lumutqueen 11-02-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ (Post 1333330)
Please someone fix this, it makes it very hard to see posts and pics, why does no one at TRF care that the app doesn't work?

The Last visit stuff is fixed but the massive white boxes are still there and the blank box at the bottom. I've uninstalled twice and the app store gave me an update today. :bang:

FasterB 11-02-2011 08:25 PM

I donīt have any problems on my iPhone 4S :)

Royal Newbie 11-02-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1333362)
I donīt have any problems on my iPhone 4S :)

Neither do I.

Magdalene 02-26-2012 02:46 AM

iPhone app

Is anybody else having issues with their iPhone app? I can't get mine to work. Thanks. (I'm wondering if the news regarding Prince Friso) has created a problem - more traffic?) I hope it gets fixed!!!

Elly C 02-26-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magdalene (Post 1376602)
Is anybody else having issues with their iPhone app? I can't get mine to work. Thanks. (I'm wondering if the news regarding Prince Friso) has created a problem - more traffic?) I hope it gets fixed!!!

Mine wouldn't load twice last week so I reinstalled it and I haven't had any problems since. I think there has been a recent update too which may have fixed a bug.

Ellainoz 02-26-2012 08:56 AM

I also reinstalled it after it didn't work. Works ok now.

Esmerelda 02-26-2012 01:51 PM

I'm also having problems logging in these past two days. It's sporadic but slightly annoying.

Janet H 02-26-2012 03:27 PM

There was an update to the app a few days ago. If you are having trouble, please uninstall the app and then load a new copy. :)

Lumutqueen 02-27-2012 05:06 AM

I've uninstalled, and then reinstalled the app for the past week and I keep getting "Parse Error, cannot connect to report server", i have the options to "okay" or "report". I thought it was my Itouch, but it occurs on my dads iPhone too.

Magdalene 03-02-2012 02:12 PM

Thanks for the advice. The app seems be working really well now. I enjoy this forum so much! Thank you!

XeniaCasaraghi 03-25-2012 01:50 AM

This isn't a big problem for me, I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else;
When you click on a link to view a picture, and then come back to the site, the post where the link was is vastly stretched out and sometimes is smashed into the following post.

ironical 05-22-2012 09:07 PM

Can we expect application for Blackberry smartphone and playbook? Thank you!:flowers:

Lumutqueen 05-31-2012 06:31 PM

I continue to get "Parse Error" when trying to post in certain threads, this happens if I'm on my iPad or IPod and has happened since the app went live.

Kit 06-01-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

I've uninstalled, and then reinstalled the app for the past week and I keep getting "Parse Error, cannot connect to report server", i have the options to "okay" or "report".
same here! it happens at least two or three times per hour. Don't know why it has always worked before on my i-phone 4s. Suddenly there was this problem ....

Blue_Stocking 06-01-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironical (Post 1417503)
Can we expect application for Blackberry smartphone and playbook? Thank you!:flowers:

I have the same question. I've recently switched from android to blackberry and miss the forums.

Elly C 08-16-2012 06:19 PM

The Forums app has worked fine on my iPad until the last few weeks but now I'm getting the parse error mentioned previously. Any idea what's the reason for this?

Sonjapearl 09-28-2012 10:51 PM

I have the iPhone 3G and I regularly have problems with the app. Usually it is unable to refresh and it says there's an error over and over. Is it because I have the the 3G? By the way, I can't afford a new iPhone so I'm stuck with this one.

Lumutqueen 10-30-2012 06:36 PM

Is there an issue with the amount of words we have to put in a post on the app? I've just tried to report a thread for 'advertising' and it wouldn't let me send. I can do this on the website.

Also- I have the parse error pretty much everyday and I have the new 4G Internet connection. Parse error is amongst many errors that I get.

HereditaryPrincess 11-02-2012 08:50 PM

I tried typing in 'the royal forums, TRF, royal forums' on the app store, but the results were for different apps. Does anyone know what search term I should use? Thanks!

Lumutqueen 11-03-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess
I tried typing in 'the royal forums, TRF, royal forums' on the app store, but the results were for different apps. Does anyone know what search term I should use? Thanks!

The Royal Community.

someonelikeyou 11-13-2012 11:12 AM

Question about marking threads read?

Thank you so much administrators for such a wonderful forum!

I primarily visit via my iPad app, occasionally via my computer. Is there a way to mark threads so that I can pick back up where I last read? I have found the subscribe feature, but that just returns me to the beginning of the thread.

Thanks I advance for any help.

Elly C 12-06-2012 06:00 PM

I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems with the app on their iPad. I have reinstalled it as the back button continually freezes, but there's no improvement. I'm thinking I'll abandon using the app altogether and just access the forums through my Internet browser.

niniel 12-06-2012 10:06 PM

I too am having problems with iPad app. Right 2 inches of screen is "dead". Very frustrating!

Queen Penelope 12-06-2012 10:37 PM

Not having any issues with the iPad app here.

Elly C 12-07-2012 07:40 PM

Grrr it continues to freeze. Any updates due to fix possible bugs?

DukeOfAster 12-07-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeOfAster (Post 1332585)
Works fine here. I find I am on my phone more now that this app is here. LOVE this site.

Still love this App!!!!

Janet H 12-07-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1491153)
Grrr it continues to freeze. Any updates due to fix possible bugs?

I'm sorry you are having trouble... The last release was indeed, buggy. A newer version has been pushed out for android but the Ipad version hasn't been released yet. In the meantime the suggested work around is to turn your device in portrait orientation before launching the app. :flowers:

Elly C 12-08-2012 03:46 AM

Thank you for this. Will try your suggestion and await the iPad version.

C4A 12-10-2012 05:58 PM

I am also experiencing the same problem, Elly C, since the app has been updated for iPad. The back button does not respond. The app works fine on the iPhone, however, but then it hasn't been updated there. I really hope they fix it quickly, because it's VERY frustrating!!

Parrothead 12-10-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4A (Post 1492275)
I am also experiencing the same problem, Elly C, since the app has been updated for iPad. The back button does not respond. The app works fine on the iPhone, however, but then it hasn't been updated there. I really hope they fix it quickly, because it's VERY frustrating!!

I am experiencing the exact same issues. It works great on my iPhone but is dead on the iPad. Im glad to know its not just me! Hope the issue is resolved soon!

Duchess of Durham 12-10-2012 06:21 PM

It appears I am not having any problems with my iPad. This post was done on my iPad.

C4A 12-12-2012 03:16 AM

Thanks, Janet H,it does help to use the iPad in portrait orientation. Hope they fix it soon, though...

Lumutqueen 12-14-2012 09:01 AM

I've just managed to get on to TRF on my phone, after trying all morning and getting Parse Error constantly. Can't be my phone can it?

Elly C 12-16-2012 08:40 AM

Just thought I'd add that using the app in portrait mode helps solve the navigation problem fo rme too- thank you, but I can't post from it.

Russian-History 01-03-2013 12:08 PM

Samsung App

Dear All,
Do you know if there is any app of the royals forum for the Samsung phones?

Lumutqueen 01-03-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian-History (Post 1501177)
Dear All,
Do you know if there is any app of the royals forum for the Samsung phones?

Here's the thread for the app, https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ces-29407.html, as far as I know you can get it for iPhones and Android phones.

Russian-History 01-06-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1501189)

Here's the thread for the app, https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ces-29407.html, as far as I know you can get it for iPhones and Android phones.

thank u very much.

agogo 01-22-2013 11:53 AM

iPad App problems

I have deleted and re- installed the iPad App so many times I have lost count. The problem is that I can not "go back" or return to the previous page when I am searching the forums. When I select a thread I can't look at a previous page number of the thread. The return tab at the upper right corner does not work.

Second problem: often I can not open the forums tab located at the bottom of the App page. All of the other tabs open up execpt the forums tab.

Third problem: I don't know how this happens but I get a black vertical column on the entire left side of my computer page. I can not see any navigation tabs on the right side of my computer screen. I can't get rid of the black column. This makes my computer page smaller.

Lumutqueen 01-22-2013 12:45 PM

Thread already exists for the iPad app; https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...etc-29407.html

Your issues seem to be very specific because I have never experience things such as not being able to look at a previous page. The numbers come up at the top of the page I am looking at.

Elly C 01-22-2013 04:04 PM

As I have posted before, I have similar problems - I have an ipad 2, perhaps later versions don't experience the same difficulties. We have been assured that an update is on its way - in the meantime I tend to use the web version rather than the app.

agogo 01-23-2013 01:32 AM

It is not previous pages that I have problems with viewing, it is going back to the previously viewed thread. I can tap on a page number and open it up, that is going forward. I see them at the top of the page. What I mean by problems "going back" is to try to return to the thread that preceded the one currently being viewed.

My iPad is two weeks old and the most current version.

agogo 01-23-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1490665)
I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems with the app on their iPad. I have reinstalled it as the back button continually freezes, but there's no improvement. I'm thinking I'll abandon using the app altogether and just access the forums through my Internet browser.

I have this problem and it is constant. Drives me crazy.

agogo 01-23-2013 09:34 AM

New problem. Opened up TRF in the iPad app and I was switched over to the regular Internet site.

New problem. The tabs or icons at the bottom of the iPad app work in landscape but not in portrait.

Lumutqueen 01-23-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agogo (Post 1508263)
New problem. Opened up TRF in the iPad app and I was switched over to the regular Internet site.

New problem. The tabs or icons at the bottom of the iPad app work in landscape but not in portrait.

First problem; sometimes if you clicked in certain places you can be directed to the normal site.
Second problem; no idea, these problems seem quite specific to you so you may want to reboot your iPad. I'm on my 2nd Gen iPad now and I have none of those problems.

Elly C 01-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H (Post 1491162)
I'm sorry you are having trouble... The last release was indeed, buggy. A newer version has been pushed out for android but the Ipad version hasn't been released yet. In the meantime the suggested work around is to turn your device in portrait orientation before launching the app. :flowers:

Agogo, this is the message I received when I reported my problems. I don' t think there's anything much else you can do to improve your experience with the app at the moment.

You're obviously one of the lucky ones Lumutqueen, but others are not so.

Lumutqueen 01-23-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1508284)
Agogo, this is the message I received when I reported my problems. I don' t think there's anything much else you can do to improve your experience with the app at the moment.

You're obviously one of the lucky ones Lumutqueen, but others are not so.

But I don't get how I'm lucky, we all have the same ap so I should have problems as well?

Elly C 01-23-2013 11:15 AM

Yes it is weird, but the same kind of thing happened when Apple recently upgraded to their latest ios - the Apple forums were full of people who were experiencing a range of problems yet having the same iPad.

Jcsc 01-23-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agogo (Post 1508263)

Your second problem also occurs for me, with my 2nd gen iPad. In landscape, most icons at the bottom respond except for the ones on the right hand side, in fact no buttons on the right third of the screen work for me in this mode, including the next page button. If I turn it portrait they will work, but turning it portrait the opposite way, they don't. Eventually, by rotating the iPad and testing if the buttons respond, I can get the app to work fully! Frustrating!

PiaDK 01-26-2013 10:02 PM

I am a new member of this forum -enjoying to read the interesting discussions at this nice place.

However I have some trouble with the app on my IPad. As other users are describing the buttons won't respond in landscape. Furthermore the Log In button doesn't respond in neither portrait nor landscape - which means I can't log in on the IPad app at all. I now use the Web version - but I miss the advantages of the app.

I use the app with no trouble at all on my IPhone.

Elly C 02-10-2013 10:02 AM

There has been an update to the app which has solved issues of using the forums on iPad - well it has for me thanks!

PiaDK 02-10-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 1515306)
There has been an update to the app which has solved issues of using the forums on iPad - well it has for me thanks!

Problems solved for me as well with new update of the app - thank you !

sheikah deena 02-10-2013 12:31 PM

I have a problem , I'm using iPhone 4S ,, And i used to log in from the internet browser !!! because the TRF app not work well with me ,, I can not see my friends list & my public profile !!! ,, Showed only my profile info ! ,, Is that with everyone ??

Janet H 02-10-2013 04:30 PM

There is a new update for the app. Please try uninstalling the old one. Turn off your device, turn it back on and then load the new app. This should solve most issues.

Lumutqueen 02-18-2013 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Takes me at least 4 attempts to get onto a thread without getting the 'error' message and I have to report it. Attached an image of what I get.

HereditaryPrincess 02-19-2013 11:45 AM

:previous: I get that sometimes, too. I click on the refresh arrow at the top of the screen when it occurs on the 'current threads' section, and then it usually works as normal; but when I'm on the actual thread the screen turns grey and doesn't work unless I turn my iPod off and on again.

Also, Sometimes my app randomly crashes when I enter some threads (my iPod needs updating anyway), does anyone know what's happening and how I could resolve it? Thanks!

BritishRoyalist 06-11-2013 11:06 PM

I have the Royal Forum App on my Ipad. It always tells me when someone has replied to a thread I Subscribed/Posted too but in the last week I have not gotten any notifications to any new replies in Threads I subscribed too or replied too. How do I fix this?

Lumutqueen 06-12-2013 04:09 AM

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing :) does that make sense?

Ish 06-12-2013 04:20 AM

Your settings for the forums might be set up to not send you emails. If you go to the website check out your subscription settings.

HereditaryPrincess 06-19-2013 05:26 PM

The thread entitled "Annual engagements by members of the royal family" in the British Royal Family sub forum never seems to work for me on my iPod. I get a message saying that there is no connection (when there is) as the thread has been redirected too many times when I've only opened it once. All the other threads are fine, it's just this one. Can anyone help?

Lumutqueen 06-19-2013 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1566114)
The thread entitled "Annual engagements by members of the royal family" in the British Royal Family sub forum never seems to work for me on my iPod. I get a message saying that there is no connection (when there is) as the thread has been redirected too many times when I've only opened it once. All the other threads are fine, it's just this one. Can anyone help?

Interesting, everytime I attempt to go past page 35 I get this message. Full signal and what not.

HereditaryPrincess 06-20-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1566141)
Interesting, everytime I attempt to go past page 35 I get this message. Full signal and what not.

I get the problem on page 35 as well. I wonder what's happening.