The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/prince-william-and-catherine-middleton-church-service-april-29-2011-a-29296.html)

Dee Anna 09-11-2016 05:20 AM

Have just watched the wedding walk of Kate and Mike, thanks for posting! :smile:

It was on a Friday, and having just had a morning meeting cancelled at short notice the day before, I thought, to hell with it! I'll put in for a day's leave! Weather was fabulous too for a change in April in Ireland!

My manager, laughing as she accepted said "You're watching the wedding!"
Me, innocently, "Wedding? Maybe!" :smile:

eya 04-15-2017 08:15 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary this year - we take a closer look at Kate's wedding attire

Kate Middleton's wedding dress - a look back at her iconic Alexander McQueen bridal gown - Mirror Online

Westfield Bakery 04-29-2017 05:51 PM

The wedding was six years ago today. It was a classic wedding. It could have been grander, but it was good.

Hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have plenty more prosperous years ahead.

HereditaryPrincess 04-29-2017 05:57 PM

For me, it still doesn't feel like it was six years since the wedding - I still remember the day clearly. I hope William and Catherine had a lovely day today, happy anniversary to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery (Post 1980538)
The wedding was six years ago today. It was a classic wedding. It could have been grander, but it was good.

Hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have plenty more prosperous years ahead.

I respectfully disagree as I think the wedding was perfectly grand enough for a future king. It was at Westminster Abbey followed by a reception at Buckingham Palace and continental royal families as well as the BRF were in attendance - that's just what I'd expect from someone in William's position. Moreover, there was a lot of coverage worldwide on the wedding. Just out of genuine curiosity, what makes you think that it wasn't grand enough?

Mirabel 04-29-2017 06:34 PM

The wedding did seem rather toned down, compared to some in the past. Cars instead of carriages, for example. It was elegant but not lavish.

XeniaCasaraghi 05-13-2017 05:42 PM

The cars were much better and I'm glad William and Kate had a tone of level headedness to their occasion. It was their wedding the start of their lives together, if people want fairytales go watch the Disney channel.

Meredith I 04-10-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1980542)
For me, it still doesn't feel like it was six years since the wedding - I still remember the day clearly. I hope William and Catherine had a lovely day today, happy anniversary to them.

Same here. I remember being in school and my reading teacher had had the crappy TV in our classroom, and she was freaking out, and I remember being distracted by the wedding and Catherine walking down the aisle, and seeing her dress and being amazed, and was so sad when I had to go to lunch, because I loved her wedding dress (didn't really know who anybody was, I was a kindergartener who preferred reading and Hannah Montana).

Osipi 04-10-2018 07:27 PM

Golly gee. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. It seems like yesterday I was settling in for an all night binge on all things to do with the royal wedding. Had TRF open in one window on the computer and live streaming in another window when it came on in the wee hours and also had the TV tuned in to the wedding. Hubby, who is master remote man in this house, knew better than to even suggest changing the channel and he actually watched the wedding with me.

Seven years has passed in a blink of an eye it seems and here I am, preparing to do the same thing yet again with another royal wedding in May.

Life is good. :biggrin:

Denville 04-11-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2092158)
Golly gee. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. It seems like yesterday I was settling in for an all night binge on all things to do with the royal wedding. Had TRF open in one window on the computer and live streaming in another window when it came on in the wee hours and also had the TV tuned in to the wedding. Hubby, who is master remote man in this house, knew better than to even suggest changing the channel and he actually watched the wedding with me.

Seven years has passed in a blink of an eye it seems and here I am, preparing to do the same thing yet again with another royal wedding in May.

Life is good. :biggrin:

YOu have more stamina than me. I didn't intend to watch Will and Kate but was persuaded to give it a go. After about an hour of the pre wedding hoo ha, prior ot the service.. I couldn't stand it any more.. They drag it all out too much.

CyrilVladisla 04-25-2018 07:50 PM

Was Catherine's veil made of French Chantilly lace?

Pranter 04-25-2018 07:55 PM

Her veil was made out of ivory silk. Hand cut flower lace appliqués were added to the edges of the veil.

Don't know if it was Chantilly Lace.



LaRae

Countessmeout 04-25-2018 08:25 PM

The flowers were on the veil were hand embroidered by the royal school of needlework.

Now the lace aplique on the actual dress and underskirt was a mix of English lace and Chantilly lace.

CyrilVladisla 02-17-2020 05:56 PM

Catherine arrived at Westminster Abbey by car accompanied by her father. She was the first royal bride to arrive by automobile since Princess Alexandra married Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in 1963.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises