The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/charlotte-casiraghi-current-events-part-35-november-2010-june-2011-a-29287.html)

iceflower 11-18-2010 06:07 AM

Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011
 
**
Welcome to part 35 of the thread to discuss the current events of Charlotte Casiraghi.
You can find the old thread here:

Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 34: March 2010 - November 2010

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy posting! :flowers:

azure 11-19-2010 07:15 AM

I don't think that we have a good start with those current events because: Rosenball-Berichterstattung der Bunten: Von Charlotte Casiraghi hinzunehmen
It's all in German, but it says that in "Bunte" magazine there was an artical about Char for the Rose Ball in year 2007.
They talked about her beauty actually. Specifically,the subtitle was, "Rose Ball in Monaco - and the star was Princess Caroline's daughter, a fiery beauty".
But she reported the magazine. She has attacked in two separate disputes, the text of the article and in photojournalism.
The Berlin Regional Court
dismissed her complaints and she lost the suit law she did against "Bunte".
That's a kind of synopsis of the german text. :flowers:

CasiraghiTrio 11-19-2010 08:07 AM

^Wow, that is surprising. I know Charlotte has sued over news about her at least once (in 2006, I think it was) but that was quite different, because it was over paparazzi photos taken of her in a private situation. This issue with Bunte was about the Rose Ball and it sounds like Bunte's article was not about her personal life, but just commenting on her at the ball. It was stupid for her to bother suing them over that. I'm actually glad she lost because it shows her how stupid she was to bother. Who does she think she is? I thought she was supposed to be intelligent. But this makes her look like an idiot.

Nathalie Cox 11-19-2010 08:12 AM

^yeah, sometimes i get dissapointed of her. Like the vogue interview and her answer about Alex Dellal, now this...Sometimes i think she believes she is too important. That makes her look like an idiot/snobish

CasiraghiTrio 11-19-2010 08:21 AM

Well, I amend my former comments to say that even smart people sometimes do stupid stuff. :tongue: But dang.... I mean, she sued in a regional court and the case was dismissed, so she appealed in the federal court and got dismissed again? I wonder if there is a way we can see this objectionable article. Did she take offense from specific wording? I guess the headline was "Party princess?" with subtitle "Rose Ball of Monaco". It was March 2007. Maybe we can find this online and see what is so awful about this that Charlotte sent the family lawyers to attack it twice. :ermm:

Kastalia 11-19-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1162611)
Like the vogue interview and her answer about Alex Dellal, now this...

I didn't like her attitude either..

CasiraghiTrio 11-19-2010 09:08 AM

Well, if anyone is curious about the Bunte article, I found it on Townsend's website. She has some scans from that magazine: charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl: 2007, march Roseball in Monte Carlo

Horseygal 11-19-2010 09:26 AM

I'm confused - how is the Rose Ball a private event, if Charlotte is claiming that she was photographed during a private event? She certainly didn't do anything suspect (falling down drunk, snorting coke, etc), she's just dancing with her friends and family, and if the article actually is just talking about her style and beautyy....not sure what there is to be upset about? I could see her claim if it applied to times when she's on vacation, or out shopping with friends/family; attending school or work - then, they are invading her privacy. The Rose Ball is an event surround charitable efforts for Monaco on behalf of the principality, where the public and 'razzi are invited to document the evening. I'm sure she's getting sick of being hounded, including when she's out with Alex or anyone man (since the assumption is that she's dating him). I believe she's considered a "public" figure, even though she's not an actual Princess, so.....I guess I'm not seeing the problem....

Nathalie Cox 11-19-2010 09:30 AM

^Yeah, i don't see the problem either, so i don't understand why she did that. It's weird. I really don't want to change the image i have of her...but sometimes she makes these things i can't understand.

CasiraghiTrio 11-19-2010 09:36 AM

The only possible problem I can imagine is that she objected to the way she was portrayed in the wording and images. I don't understand it either. That's why I wish I could see the magazine itself. Then you can see the whole context and everything that was stated about her. But I suspect there is nothing and that's the courts threw out the case, twice. It seems like a waste of time and money and the only person who profited was the lawyer from her fees.

sugarbaby318 11-19-2010 09:57 AM

I agree it seems like a strange move. I wish we had all of the information then we could be sure. But I agree Casiraghitrio, it might have something to do with the headline "Party Princess"...maybe they portrayed her as only a party girl. Still seems like an odd thing to make a fuss over. There must be more to the story...

azure 11-19-2010 10:30 AM

Reading the article, i think that there was nothing offensive for her, they just did their comments without touching her personal life. I find nothin wrong, and it is actually a public event where photographers would be there to capture them. The most people went there and danced, too, but i don't think that this move makes me call them "party people". Even Albert danced!

FanofMonaco 11-19-2010 10:41 AM

My guess is that Charlotte didn't make the decision to sue. PC or the palace did. They may have been testing the court to apply precedent or some other legal point. That occurred 1 year after PC's big court ruling win by the EU. For example, in Monaco I believe you have to have the person's permission to print their picture. If the photographer didn't get Charlotte's permission then they have broken the law. Even though that picture is harmless it would be setting a bad precedent and weakening the law if they let it go by unchecked.

trepstrep 11-19-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofMonaco (Post 1162713)
My guess is that Charlotte didn't make the decision to sue. PC or the palace did. They may have been testing the court to apply precedent or some other legal point. That occurred 1 year after PC's big court ruling win by the EU.

I don't think it was that. "Precedent" as it is understood by anglosaxon courts doesn't really exist as such in continental law systems. There is not such a thing as applying precedent in the way it is done in the US or the UK. The truth is it is really weird. Who knows what was the purpose behind it.

Anyway, there is one thing I really can't stand about certain people. I get how someone can be famous without ever wanting it or seaking attention, like Charlotte, just because she was born in the family she was born. That I respect.

What I don't get is when someone who's done nothing in life and gets wonderful chances just and only because she appears in the glossy magazines pretends at the same time to not want any atention.

Let's get things clear, love. The only reason you got the Gucci deal is because you are pretty and famous and you appear in the magazines and people want to know about you and follow your style. If you accept the Gucci deal you are making a profit out of your popularity. Because if your face weren't in the magazines they would never want you.
Of course, that doesn't give anyone the right to take pics of you in a private place, that's very clear, but as long as you are attending a public event or walking in the streets, etc... you have to accept it.
Also, it's not as if you were a real celebrity. You are not hunted 24/7. So, stop whinning and making snotty remarks, and if you hate popularity so much don't make a profit out of it.

Renata4711 11-19-2010 02:02 PM

I agree with FanOfMonaco - it's possible that Caroline herself has again tried to take on the law - this time bringing her daughter into the lawcourts.

If people (of any background) do not wish to be photographed at public events, then they ought not to attend such functions.

rosana 11-19-2010 03:11 PM

That measn they devote much time to read articles about them, or have some people to do it foe them. They are getting paranoid, or what?

FanofMonaco 11-19-2010 05:09 PM

There is probably at least 1 person at the palace that reads magazines, etc about the royal family full-time. I sympathize with the family. There job, especially the women, is to get free publicity for Monaco. They have been extremely successful in doing that. On the other hand they do have a right to some privacy when they are on their personal time. The EU court case in 2006 has helped achieve some balance. They used to be chased 24/7. Now it is less than that. The media will continue to test the law until it no longer is profitable.

Kastalia 11-19-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1162720)
Let's get things clear, love. The only reason you got the Gucci deal is because you are pretty and famous and you appear in the magazines and people want to know about you and follow your style. If you accept the Gucci deal you are making a profit out of your popularity. Because if your face weren't in the magazines they would never want you.
Of course, that doesn't give anyone the right to take pics of you in a private place, that's very clear, but as long as you are attending a public event or walking in the streets, etc... you have to accept it.
Also, it's not as if you were a real celebrity. You are not hunted 24/7. So, stop whinning and making snotty remarks, and if you hate popularity so much don't make a profit out of it.

Behave yourself Miss Trepstrep!Charlotte might sue The Royal Forums :tongue::biggrin: (I'm kidding.I fully agree with you.)

Zonk 11-21-2010 11:36 AM

Please note that all posts regarding Charlotte presence at National Day, should be posted in https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...o-29202-9.html .

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

rerehh 11-22-2010 02:53 PM

Interview to Charlotte

Traslate

Quote:

How did the idea for this event?

Charlotte: "When Jumping from Monaco in June, I organized a race in teams, each sponsored by a company. It was very popular with the public and partners. In the aftermath, Christophe Ameeuw and Virginia Couperie Eiffel asked me to create a test for the Gucci Masters, which I of course accepted. In order not to repeat the exact same thing, I just changed the concept: there are always sponsored teams, but added the concept of style. An idea that sticks to Gucci and horseback riding. We practice a sport of elegance in every sense of the word. "

Some of the gains from this event will be donated to World AMADE. The choice of this NGO was obvious?

"Yes, of course! AMADE was created by my grandmother, Grace of Monaco, and is chaired by my mother, Caroline of Hanover. The work done by AMADE is great. The association still has a long major projects underway and all the help we can give him is welcome. And then I realize how lucky that is mine to live my dream, so the least I can do is bring my stone to the edifice as soon as I can. "

Live your dream is to ride, but is it not also in the future represent your country in the world's largest deadlines?

"Of course. It would be something fantastic! But I still need much work before we get there."

Original

Quote:

Comment est née l'idée de cette épreuve ?

Charlotte : "Lors du Jumping de Monaco, en juin dernier, j'ai organisé une épreuve de vitesse par équipes, chacune étant parrainée par une société. Cela a eu beaucoup de succès auprès du public et des partenaires. Dans la foulée, Christophe Ameeuw et Virginie Couperie-Eiffel m'ont proposé de créer une épreuve pour le Gucci Masters, ce que j'ai bien sûr accepté. Afin de ne pas refaire exactement la même chose, j'ai un peu changé le concept : il y a toujours des équipes parrainées, mais s'ajoute la notion de style. Une notion qui colle à Gucci et à l'équitation. Nous pratiquons un sport d'élégance dans tous les sens du terme."

Une partie des gains de cette épreuve sera reversée à l'AMADE mondiale. Le choix de cette ONG était évident ?

"Oui, bien sûr ! L'AMADE a été créée par ma grand-mère, Grace de Monaco, et est présidée par ma mère, Caroline de Hanovre. Le travail fait par l'AMADE est formidable. L'association a toujours beaucoup de projets importants en cours et toute l'aide qu'on peut lui apporter est la bienvenue. Et puis, j'ai conscience de la chance qui est la mienne de pouvoir vivre mon rêve, alors le moins que je puisse faire, c'est d'apporter ma pierre à l'édifice dès que j'en ai la possibilité."

Vivre votre rêve, c'est monter à cheval, mais n'est-ce pas aussi à l'avenir représenter votre pays dans les plus grandes échéances mondiales ?

"Evidemment. Ce serait quelque chose de fantastique ! Mais, il me faut encore beaucoup travailler avant d'en arriver là."
Source: pomeline's blog - °• Charlotte Casiraghi - Skyrock.com

mache 11-22-2010 03:14 PM

i like the interwie (:

thank you rerehh

Nathalie Cox 11-22-2010 03:23 PM

I never thought i would read Charlotte mentioning "my grand mother, Grace de Monaco".
Good work she is doing. Congrats to her!

cdm 11-22-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1164678)
I never thought i would read Charlotte mentioning "my grand mother, Grace de Monaco".
Good work she is doing. Congrats to her!

I don't think she said the names, it sounds weird if you say the sentence.
Maybe she just said 'my grandmother' and 'my mother' and the names were added by the writer of the article.

La Bouche d'Or 11-23-2010 03:01 AM

She comes off quite focused and humile in this interview. When I think of Charlotte, I often think of lots of self-discipline. I think that's what her mother thaught her. Am I the only one?

fandesacs2003 11-23-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1164755)
I don't think she said the names, it sounds weird if you say the sentence.
Maybe she just said 'my grandmother' and 'my mother' and the names were added by the writer of the article.

Agree! She would never say this. I heard her in TV last december in Ballet de Monte Carlo performance with the fuksia dress when she paid honor to her mother on stage and she said " I thank my mother". She did not mention the name. It would be stupid, we all know who is her mother.:bang:

pdc 11-23-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 1165004)
She comes off quite focused and humile in this interview. When I think of Charlotte, I often think of lots of self-discipline. I think that's what her mother thaught her. Am I the only one?

no, you are not the only one :flowers:

Vera Friedel 11-23-2010 03:58 PM

Trepstep I agree with you 100%.

Nathalie Cox 11-23-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1164755)
I don't think she said the names, it sounds weird if you say the sentence.
Maybe she just said 'my grandmother' and 'my mother' and the names were added by the writer of the article.

Yeah, that is very probable. It would sound wierd if she goes say my grandmother princess of xxxxx and my mother princess of xxxxxx
And when it comes to paparazzi...i can expect everything about them.

sugarbaby318 11-23-2010 10:40 PM

Charlotte attended the Liberatum dinner hosted by Ella Krasner in honour of Sir V.S. Naipaul at The Landau in The Langham Hotel on November 23, 2010 in London, England. I haven't seen untagged ones yet, but I'm sure they will appear eventually.

Image Upper.com - View Gallery Photos
getty

mache 11-23-2010 11:05 PM

All i can say is that she and alex are together :( argg

4Pam 11-23-2010 11:35 PM

She looks beautiful as always. I love, love, LOVE her dress!

Lakshmi 11-24-2010 03:29 AM

Charlotte is really stunning. What's a cute black dress.:smile: Shoes are nice too but I cannot stand these black stockings. Alex looks very appropriate dressed. It's not typical for him. ;) But his face is so NOT cute ( I know, it's not his fault :lol:) that I hope he has great personality and/or great heart if Charlotte is with him.;)

trepstrep 11-24-2010 03:41 AM

Charlotte is very beautiful, lately. Her face is shinnig.
I don't mind the dress. It's very nice per se but it looks like another Chanel I've seen 100 times already on her. Very nice hairdo.

I like the shoes very much, and I think the black stockings are perfect for the clothes she is wearing. They give everything a 20's flair. Lighter stockings would have been wrong imo (but then I dislike light black stockings with every outfit, I find them ugly so, I am clearly biased on this)

pdc 11-24-2010 06:19 AM

Finally...Alex!. She looks perfect and she smiles!!!! (very sweet)
thanks for the pics

AlvaGrace 11-24-2010 06:21 AM

The dress is Giambattista Valli Resort 2011.

La Bouche d'Or 11-24-2010 07:22 AM

She has such a poor, little, rich girl attitude.

Empress Merel 11-24-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlvaGrace (Post 1165810)
The dress is Giambattista Valli Resort 2011.

Actually it's not. Unless I missed the dress but that dress Charlotte is wearing is not part of Valli's Resort collection.

She looks awesome though. She could've picked better shoes though.

Nathalie Cox 11-24-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 1165846)
She has such a poor, little, rich girl attitude.

Yeah...she used to be more fresh...
She looks very good though. I mean, her face. Her body never shows elegance, except very few times.
It would have been great if she have inherited her mom's elegance.
At least, she looks happy with Alex, whom i've been wondering where was!

CasiraghiTrio 11-24-2010 11:57 AM

^And she generally has the same look: a mixture of boredom and annoyance, or one or the other. Discomfort. Which doesn't seem to be a self-esteem problem so much as it seems more like discontentedness with her life. I suspect she wants something out of her life that she isn't feeling. Which might explain her lack of follow through. She hasn't found her "thing". Or niche. I don't think equestrian sport will ultimately be her "thing." That is just a hobby for her. An expensive, time-consuming hobby, but still a hobby for her. By "thing," I mean that thing she will find that will somehow..... define her? Not define her wholly, because no thing can define a person by itself. But define some major part of her: like, "this is what I am about." Like her mother and AMADE. Or Albert and environmental activism. Or Stephanie and AIDS. I thought EVER Manifesto might be her thing, but that website is deactivated so I don't know if they will make new editions. It might have been scrapped.

FanofMonaco 11-24-2010 12:06 PM

I thought I read a new edition of Ever Manifesto was supposed to come out this month. Nothing on the website so far.

poppy7 11-24-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 1165846)
She has such a poor, little, rich girl attitude.

Well that is pretty much what she is. No offense to her, or anyone in that position, but she is a wealthy girl from a wealthy family who haven't had to earn their keep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 1165934)
^And she generally has the same look: a mixture of boredom and annoyance, or one or the other. Discomfort. Which doesn't seem to be a self-esteem problem so much as it seems more like discontentedness with her life. I suspect she wants something out of her life that she isn't feeling. Which might explain her lack of follow through. She hasn't found her "thing". Or niche. I don't think equestrian sport will ultimately be her "thing." That is just a hobby for her. An expensive, time-consuming hobby, but still a hobby for her. By "thing," I mean that thing she will find that will somehow..... define her? Not define her wholly, because no thing can define a person by itself. But define some major part of her: like, "this is what I am about." Like her mother and AMADE. Or Albert and environmental activism. Or Stephanie and AIDS. I thought EVER Manifesto might be her thing, but that website is deactivated so I don't know if they will make new editions. It might have been scrapped.

She is only 24 and even if she doesn't do a paid job in her life if she chooses one or even a few charities to dedicate herself to. I'll be very impressed.

She is very Grace. Sometimes Caroline occasionally Stefano but lately all I see is Grace.

Mzara 11-25-2010 01:27 AM

Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue

assia 11-25-2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzara (Post 1166243)
Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue

She is really beautiful and she definitely has her mother's mouth !

Doncella 11-25-2010 04:26 AM

Hi people!...Does Char have a violet bracelet?...I think it´s the one that brings lucky...The Brazilian´s one...Can anybody ID it, please or corfirm what I am saying!...Thanks in advanced!
She is awesome in all the pics, however, I do not see a happy expresion in her fave...it´s just an opinion!...

AlvaGrace 11-25-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1165870)
Actually it's not. Unless I missed the dress but that dress Charlotte is wearing is not part of Valli's Resort collection.

She looks awesome though. She could've picked better shoes though.


Oh I was sure it was Valli's, maybe just not from that collection then or I could be mistaken then. Sorry:smile:

Florencia 11-25-2010 05:46 AM

Charlotte Casiraghi attending a charity auction at Shelter's 52 Weeks exhibition at 20 Hoxton Square in east London.24.11.10
https://i55.tinypic.com/xcitjk.jpg
https://tinypic.com/r/906nih/7

Nathalie Cox 11-25-2010 07:50 AM

So serious in the first pic!
It's like she has lost that something that used to make her special in her teens. Now she is a very very pretty young lady, but before she was gorgeous.

Mzara 11-25-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzara (Post 1166243)
Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue

all i can say is pure class . its like when you dont even know who she is then you look at those two pics you will be simply amazed by her beauty.

La Bouche d'Or 11-25-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 1165934)
^And she generally has the same look: a mixture of boredom and annoyance, or one or the other. Discomfort. Which doesn't seem to be a self-esteem problem so much as it seems more like discontentedness with her life. I suspect she wants something out of her life that she isn't feeling. Which might explain her lack of follow through. She hasn't found her "thing". Or niche. I don't think equestrian sport will ultimately be her "thing." That is just a hobby for her. An expensive, time-consuming hobby, but still a hobby for her. By "thing," I mean that thing she will find that will somehow..... define her? Not define her wholly, because no thing can define a person by itself. But define some major part of her: like, "this is what I am about." Like her mother and AMADE. Or Albert and environmental activism. Or Stephanie and AIDS. I thought EVER Manifesto might be her thing, but that website is deactivated so I don't know if they will make new editions. It might have been scrapped.

Good point, Ct. I', not so sure she'll find that thing that she'll be fully happy with. She's not the headstrong girl, and everyone already had classified her as a 'mommy's girl', 'superbwhole package'. She's like a trophy for a guy. She craves the attention, she was lucky her mom is Caroline. She provided her with a proper attention, so she doesn't have self-esteem problems, but to me she seems a little insecure, especially when she's around cheery, relaxed people. Then, she's the's giving off that 'geez, i'm so annoyed with this whole thing' attitude. I think it's her way to make up for the lack of real strenght of character.

azure 11-25-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1166330)
So serious in the first pic!
It's like she has lost that something that used to make her special in her teens. Now she is a very very pretty young lady, but before she was gorgeous.

Yes. i agree with you. She had something special in those years. I liked her till 2006. In 2007 and now she has changed a lot.
Though, she is still very nice!

Zonk 11-25-2010 09:10 AM

Lets get back on topic.

The purpose of this thread isn't to analyze Charlotte's personality, her character or whether or not she has any issues. Unless someone has read a psychology profile on Charlotte or has actually met her to come up with these impressions, everything else is pretty much speculative.

Future and all posts that don't relate to Charlotte's Current Events will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

trepstrep 11-25-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzara (Post 1166243)
Have you guys seen this picture of Charlotte? Charlotte Casiraghi photographed by Mario Testino in Vogue

Exageratedly photoshopped pic. I don't like it at all. That's not Charlotte's face.

Vera Friedel 11-25-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florencia (Post 1166302)
Charlotte Casiraghi attending a charity auction at Shelter's 52 Weeks exhibition at 20 Hoxton Square in east London.24.11.10
https://i55.tinypic.com/xcitjk.jpg
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting


Beautiful pictures, but she sort of lacks of " sparkle" if you know what I mean.:sad:

cd_1 11-25-2010 02:53 PM

^she looks a little sad. wonder why? maybe it just wasnt her "day"

selket 11-25-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1166384)
Exageratedly photoshopped pic. I don't like it at all. That's not Charlotte's face.

Agreed. They made-up and air-brushed the life (and real body) out of her, she looks like a mannequin. But what else could we expect from VOGUE?

trepstrep 11-26-2010 04:24 AM

Actually they made her look worse than a real life mannequin! The computer face is bad enough, but in the pic where she is standing by the horse her head is bigger than her torso and her shoulders wider than her hips. So scary!

Empress Merel 11-26-2010 05:27 AM

Testino is not even that great of a photographer. More a fan of Mikael Jansson, Mert & Marcus and Inez & Vinoodh. Testino makes pretty and boring portraits. That's all.

La Bouche d'Or 11-26-2010 05:33 AM

^ Testino's more known for being the man about town, he's been in the business for a long time and knows pretty much everyone. He likes to shoot big time, elitey people.

trepstrep 11-26-2010 11:48 AM

So, if the close-up with the "biggest fake eyes a living human being ever had" is stupid and the pic byTintero with the "hand bigger than waist, american footballer shoulders and cutted off flesh from hip" is downright laughable, what do you people think of that one:

https://i36.tinypic.com/jv5cag.jpg

Look at the nose, please! They've gifted her with Giorgio Armani's surgical nose.

CasiraghiTrio 11-26-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1166760)
Actually they made her look worse than a real life mannequin! The computer face is bad enough, but in the pic where she is standing by the horse her head is bigger than her torso and her shoulders wider than her hips. So scary!

I know!!! The pictures in Vogue were awful. They made her look like .... not herself at all. She was, like you say perfectly, a mannequin, a caricature of her real self.

It's true, Empress, that Mario Testino is not *that* great. I mean, sometimes he is great. Like his photos of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997 were great; those were actually,surprisingly natural, for Testino pictures. But he is a fashion photographer too, and they're photos are often manufactured to death, until a person is barely recognizable. As in Charlotte's case.

But it makes sense that Vogue got a fashion phototog to do this because it was for Gucci. It was all for Gucci. Paid for and done by/for Gucci. And fashion houses always prefer mannequins to real people. :ermm::sad:

selket 11-26-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1166883)
So, if the close-up with the "biggest fake eyes a living human being ever had" is stupid and the pic byTintero with the "hand bigger than waist, american footballer shoulders and cutted off flesh from hip" is downright laughable, what do you people think of that one:

https://i36.tinypic.com/jv5cag.jpg

Look at the nose, please! They've gifted her with Giorgio Armani's surgical nose.

Eeek! Why must they relentlessly "perfect" her? It's ridiculous, like they just can't help themselves. Crazy Anna Wintour, green-lighting those pictures. :lol: While leaving any trace of her personality totally obscure, to boot.

talula 11-26-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azure (Post 1166351)
Yes. i agree with you. She had something special in those years. I liked her till 2006. In 2007 and now she has changed a lot.
Though, she is still very nice!

I don't think she has changed that much. Prior to 2007 every "formal" event she attended with her mother - she basically let her mother take the reins and she was happy following. Now that she attends on her own, I think she is very cautious on her behaviour. If she were to smile directly looking at a camera, she would inevitably be inviting the photogs to take more pics of her. Similarly, if she would be more open with the press, there would be endless requests for interviews and more Qs regarding her personal life.

And regarding some previous comments about her possibly being bored - I don't know about that. Every time you see personal pictures - hanging on the beach or skiing - she seems very happy. And how can she not? This girl has everything - family, friends, love, money & good genes! ;)

It would have been nice seeing her take a hands-on approach towards something, but she seems fine floating around. Whatever suits her.. :whistling:

azure 11-27-2010 03:27 AM

Yes, i agree with you in that part. But i was referring about her face and what comes out of it, not only in the events she attend. She hadn't attended any event during her teen years in order to compare:biggrin:
I feel that she has changed. Her attitude and behavour have become more moderate, she is more non-demonstrative in front of the cameras/public (according to the pictures we see) but in her teens and her early 20s, she was breathtaking. Now she is just beautiful. I don't know if this attitude is just the reason (i don't think so) but there it is this undefined that's coming out of her.

Nadine 11-27-2010 05:47 AM

Well imho it's called "growing up". She's become more mature, and will eventually settle down soon enough & have kids, just like her mom did before her, and her mom before her, & on & on & on...

It's just a part of life, she nor her brothers can stay teens & twenty-somethings forever, one does eventual age & grow old, it's all a part of life, and death despite how hard the media wants one to stay young forever, their abhorrence of getting old, and this abnormal fixation on youth.

One can only hope that Charlotte grows old as gracefully as her mother has done, and doesn't end up as a sad caricature of herself the way some do when they try to stay young forever.

FanofMonaco 11-27-2010 11:35 AM

I agree with Nadine. Teenagers are just more bubbly than adults. They have no responsibilites.

Vera Friedel 11-27-2010 01:40 PM

Well FanofMonaco I agree with you, but what kind of responsabilities could Charlotte Casiraghi have? I think none. And I am not expecting her to have any very soon, when you're in such position ( daughter of a famous princess, granddaughter of a Prince and of an A-list actress turned royal, ultra rich paternal family, fame and money since the minute you were born......)what should you do with life apart from enjoying it?

trepstrep 11-27-2010 02:05 PM

Exactly. They girl is only 24 and you are talking about ageing gracefully! She's got friends, love, a loving family, plenty of money, a passion for art and horses... And not responsabilities whatsoeaver in the horizon.
All she has to do is enjoying life!

azure 11-27-2010 05:57 PM

She is still 24 guys..come on! What responsibilities..(?) i dont understand..she has money, her family and so on that Ver Friedel and trepstrep already mentioned and i don't wanna repeat.. Well, actually age doesn't play an important role because people in her age work in order to earn money and be independent because their family cannot support them economically or because they want to be independent and live their own life. I can see no renspobilities to Char or any other rich girl/boy. I am not mean or sth but that's the truth. What i said in my previous comment has nothing to do with her "busy" life that made her look like that. She lost sth from her face. Maybe i'm the only one that notices that. There are some people who keep having this special thing they had in their teens and hasn't faded (yet).

FanofMonaco 11-28-2010 12:15 AM

It looks like she has several jobs to me. She attends some of the events in Monaco. She goes around getting free publicity for Monaco. She always goes to events like film festiivals, fashion shows, and art events that are Monaco's market niche. She has 3 horses so she probably rides at least 3 hrs a day. She helps PC raise money for the family foundations. And she does Ever Manifesto once a year. I think she also gets paid to use certain phones, watches, sneakers, fashion houses, ski jackets, Uggs, etc. She might also have been an influence in getting Gucci to sponsor the Masters in Paris. The GCT may pay her or at least let her compete for free in return for the publicity she generates for them. I think she stays pretty busy.

ladyromanov 11-28-2010 12:31 AM

Another picture of Charlotte and Alex:

Dafydd Jones :: CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI; ALEX DELLAL; SIMON DE PURY, Hoxton Sq projects auction in aid of Shelter. .- Hoxton sq. Gallery. 24 November 2010. . -DO NOT ARCHIVE-© Copyright Photograph by Dafydd Jones. 248 Clapham Rd. London SW9 0PZ. Tel 0207

You can see more in this link:

Dafydd Jones :: General Public Search

rosana 11-28-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofMonaco (Post 1167375)
It looks like she has several jobs to me. She attends some of the events in Monaco. She goes around getting free publicity for Monaco. She always goes to events like film festiivals, fashion shows, and art events that are Monaco's market niche. She has 3 horses so she probably rides at least 3 hrs a day. She helps PC raise money for the family foundations. And she does Ever Manifesto once a year. I think she also gets paid to use certain phones, watches, sneakers, fashion houses, ski jackets, Uggs, etc. She might also have been an influence in getting Gucci to sponsor the Masters in Paris. The GCT may pay her or at least let her compete for free in return for the publicity she generates for them. I think she stays pretty busy.


And this is what you call a job? Being paid to use top brand things? A job requires some kind of effort to make a living. It is sad, but none of the Casiraghis has excelled in any activity. I thought this was Caroline´s intention when she decided to raise them out of the spotlight. Eventually, they turned into more shallow, unproductive way of life. I don´t blame them. I don´t know what I would do in their situation. I wish one of them had taken responsibilities seriously, so that PA does not have to make this farse to have a heir.

Doncella 11-28-2010 05:24 AM

Hi people!!!...Can anybody post those pic...If somebody is registred...Please!...
Thank u!!!!!! :)

azure 11-28-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofMonaco (Post 1167375)
It looks like she has several jobs to me. She attends some of the events in Monaco. She goes around getting free publicity for Monaco. She always goes to events like film festiivals, fashion shows, and art events that are Monaco's market niche. She has 3 horses so she probably rides at least 3 hrs a day. She helps PC raise money for the family foundations. And she does Ever Manifesto once a year. I think she also gets paid to use certain phones, watches, sneakers, fashion houses, ski jackets, Uggs, etc. She might also have been an influence in getting Gucci to sponsor the Masters in Paris. The GCT may pay her or at least let her compete for free in return for the publicity she generates for them. I think she stays pretty busy.

Well, if that's a job then i don't know how to call the daily life of someone else who has to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning to go to her/his job, return to her/his house at afternoon or sometimes at night, earn little money, has to grow the children (or earn so little money that she/he can't even live properly. And that thing is repeated again and again every day. Come on! Yes, she is busy. But not that busy so that she cannot breathe or have time to go on holiday and so on.. I can't stand listening that Char or any other rich girl/boy works! She attends fashion shows and shows in general..that's very tiring and stressful..i understand.. She is getting paid to wear some brands..This is not a job actually. The previous example i wrote comes from the daily life of many people. These people sometimes have to work from a young age to earn their money because their parents cannot support them financially. And some people have to do two jobs in order to earn enough money fo their life. And those examples are all around us. And i know people who do two jobs and have time for nothing. Well, that is what i call Busy people. It is ridiculous to say that Charlotte works. Riding is a hobby for her, i don't think that she spends so much time on it, according to her results.
I don't blame her either. She is born having a secured future and a rich family. That's okay. There are many rich people who do the same as her.

trepstrep 11-28-2010 02:20 PM

I don't blame her at all either! I would neither work if I was in her position!
But she certainly doesn't need to keep on doing any of the activities she does in order to sustain herself, so I wouldn't call it working either.
Everything she does (fashion, art, horses) she does it for fun. If it were too stressfull for her she could just quit.

It is very diferent from some rich people who manage big enterprises with dozens of employees and may worry about the people who depend on them.
On a professional rider with a big estable.

She's just an amateur in everything she does (and she is right to be so, life is to be enjoyed), and has no responsabilities at all. She will be a teenager all her life is she wants to.

FanofMonaco 11-28-2010 08:22 PM

By your definition all athletes, actors, musicians, artists and models are not working. I think most people who are very successful are passionate about what they do whether they are an actor or a CEO of a large corporation. The truth is we don't know how many hours or what activities Charlotte does because she and the people who know her never talk about it. The only time we see her is when she is involved with some kind of public activity or on vacation. The same for Andrea and Pierre.

trepstrep 11-28-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofMonaco (Post 1167760)
By your definition all athletes, actors, musicians, artists and models are not working.

How so?
Athletes, actors, musicians etc GET PAID/EARN MONEY from he activities they do.

Charlotte doesn't. That's the big difference.
Spending money on horses and going to a couple of parties so that Gucci keeps on helping you paying for the horseys is not a job whichever way you want to put it.
Charlotte doesn't work. She just fills her time with plesurable activities. And nothing wrong with that.

La Bouche d'Or 11-29-2010 03:06 AM

Well, her entire schedule makes her 'busy' in order keep her preoccupied with something, anything. Since she's convinced she's not like other socialites, heiresses that she hangs out with, she tries to be perceived as the one with a 'job', workout body, focus on her face. Everytime I see her she seems to have 'Life's been so bad to me!'. IMHO, her horseriding career is a flop. So if anyone is going to tell me she has solid work ethic...:whistling:

The thing is that she might feel a bit obliged to the whole legacy and her mother's faith in her, and since she's said that she's superbsmart and hardworking, she tries her best...

If I were her, I would not even bother with that. Whole world knows how ridiculously lucky and loaded she is, so why bother? You won the lottery Charlotte, have fun. Seems you're not born to do anything else, learn to live with a zest. That's my advice.

That's what life is. Right now, there's a harsh blizzard outside of my window. And I see frostbitten welders working like crazy since 7. That's a job. And afterwards, they don't have this look on their faces.

rosana 11-29-2010 03:43 AM

I agree La Bouche Dor. But let´s not be so harsh to Charlotte. I don´t know how long she trains every day. It depends if she is amateur or professional. I don´t pay much attention to her horse riding career. Professional sportman work hard every day, and when they are not supported by their governments or family, they have to get an extra job, which is not the case.

A job doesn´t have to imply extreme physical effort. You can write and have a job. Anyway, we are talking about royalty. Did her mother have a job, or her grandmother? Or did they only carry out some duties? I would say royals do not have a real job. There can be some exceptions, though. I´m convinced that attend openings and galas, receive presidents or participate in a charity organization is not a real job. They are rich and have the priviledge to choose to study or not, to work or not. The important thing, whatever she does, is that she does not feel she lives an empty shallow life, like their socialite friends seem to do.

Vera Friedel 11-29-2010 04:23 AM

Grandmother Grace Kelly had a job, she was an actress for what, ten years? Well at least she had a schedule and put an effort in something.
Mom, Aunt and Charlotte herself don't have even the slightest shadow of what we define a job.
So what? What would you expect from someone in her filthy rich position, as I wrote before?
I do not want to be an hypocrite, I do not blame Charlotte for not having a job. What job could she do, by the way?
An office one?
Secretary? Lawyer? Real Estate agent? Come on.........
She is lucky to live off her wealth ,and she does well.

azure 11-29-2010 06:56 AM

Being an actress is not an easy job because you have no idea if you work tomorrow, if you take the 1st and best role, and if you have many fans. The same goes for the athletes and the singers and the painters and the photographers bla bla.. It's totally different, because they try to make money, become famous but even if they reach the top, noone promises them that they won't fall someday.

Nathalie Cox 11-29-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 1167837)
Well, her entire schedule makes her 'busy' in order keep her preoccupied with something, anything. Since she's convinced she's not like other socialites, heiresses that she hangs out with, she tries to be perceived as the one with a 'job', workout body, focus on her face. Everytime I see her she seems to have 'Life's been so bad to me!'. IMHO, her horseriding career is a flop. So if anyone is going to tell me she has solid work ethic...:whistling:

The thing is that she might feel a bit obliged to the whole legacy and her mother's faith in her, and since she's said that she's superbsmart and hardworking, she tries her best...

If I were her, I would not even bother with that. Whole world knows how ridiculously lucky and loaded she is, so why bother? You won the lottery Charlotte, have fun. Seems you're not born to do anything else, learn to live with a zest. That's my advice.

That's what life is. Right now, there's a harsh blizzard outside of my window. And I see frostbitten welders working like crazy since 7. That's a job. And afterwards, they don't have this look on their faces.

Gotta say i agree!

Vera Friedel 11-29-2010 08:07 AM

Grace Kelly was a TOP actress, it's even more difficult then because you have to hold that position by working hard and hard if you want to keep being number 1.
I read in one of her autobiography that she used to wake up at 5 am when she was shooting a movie, hours and hours of preparation, memorizing the scripts............
No, it is not an easy job.
That's why Grace was the only one in her family who actually had a job, before becoming a princess.

Nathalie Cox 11-29-2010 08:38 AM

^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.

Lenora 11-29-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1167914)
^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.

I do say that in"Grace Era" the work of actors was much more harder and natural than nowadays.So,it was nearly a theatre play,Grace passed a good theatre school.

Vera Friedel 11-29-2010 09:29 AM

Of course we cannot compare Charlotte Casiraghi's life to the " normal people" of her same age.
She is uber privileged, she belongs to a very limited category of people, the so called " happy few". That's why I am not surprised of her lack of a serious job/career...
She 's mocking around, she's enjoying life, parties, fashion shows, movie premieres..it's all OK, because she is Charlotte Casiraghi.
Maybe she'll become more active with charity works when she gets older, more involved with humanitary trips like her mother, who knows?
Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.

Horseygal 11-29-2010 09:39 AM

I agree with many, in that, because Charlotte was born a photogenic beauty into a royal family, it gives her priviledges that even celebrities don't enjoy - aside from access to important world leaders, she's able to be the face of Chanel or Gucci, and her fans will help the profits of those companies because they will buy what she's wearing - she gets free clothing and accessories, access to social events, and the companies benefit from her endorsement. She doesn't need to be paid (like celebs), and it wouldn't be in the best interest of a fashion house to burn bridges with various royal houses, since they are always in need of haute cotour for events. In her personal life, she seems to be in a holding pattern between university and real life - while I think she's enjoying dating, I don't believe Alex is "the one," but who knows. I do believe that she'll continue to find causes to support (including those chosen for her by the Palace); I don't see her getting lost amidst drugs and alcohol and falling into rehab. She has her equestrian pursuits, she's close to her family; she'll be fine....

trepstrep 11-29-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vera Friedel (Post 1167936)
Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.

Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (à la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.

Vera Friedel 11-29-2010 11:08 AM

LOL ;) Trepstep, you know what?
I ALSO think that not having to work is really good But it did not seem politically correct to say it ; )

rosana 11-29-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vera Friedel (Post 1167848)
I do not want to be an hypocrite, I do not blame Charlotte for not having a job. What job could she do, by the way?
An office one?
Secretary? Lawyer? Real Estate agent? Come on.........
She is lucky to live off her wealth ,and she does well.


Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I don´t mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

Vera Friedel 11-29-2010 01:33 PM

Rosana, pienso que deberiamos preguntarlo a los Casiraghis, si se aburren haciendo nada ;)

Horseygal 11-29-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1167951)
Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (à la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.

It's so hard to say, but aren't you glad that you were born a "normal/ordinary" :lol: person that understands what it means to earn something - a degree, money, respect, admiration. Life's not a given, just BECAUSE you're royal (or a celeb:cool:). Unfortunately, the entitlement attitude does follow (eye rolling or glares:bang: when the 'razzi takes pictues). But, running from thing to thing because no one has any expectations for her (and she hasn't sought :ermm: any) doesn't help, either - maybe some day, she'll pick a cause, a degree to follow through with and earn - finish SOMETHING (from beginning to end), and that earned feeling accomplishment will follow :smile:.

4Pam 11-29-2010 04:51 PM

Charlotte is only 24- she's got plenty of time to figure out what she wants in her life. I'm sure that once she's reached her Mom's age she'll have things going on her life. :flowers:

trepstrep 11-29-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosana (Post 1168001)
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

Do you? Thanks to certain lucky circunstances I've found myself "unemployed with money" for 3 years and I've never been happier. Time rushes by and isn't enough for all the things I like to do.
I've never in my life reached a point were I didn't know what to do with my time, they are always too many things I want to do, and I feel sad for people who need to fill-up their time with a job because otherwise they get bored.
And if I were casiraghi-rich I'll have access to even more passionate things!
Actually, I'm going to have to get back to work in a few months and I don't know how I will survive.

CasiraghiTrio 11-29-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosana (Post 1168001)
Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I don´t mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

I can see Andrea having a career in the UN, or succeeding his mama at Amade someday. I can see Pierre increasing his business activities. Charlotte is a little bit harder to figure out. She leaves herself more open, more vague. She does a little of this, a little of that. Jump horses, write an artist review, promote sustainable fashion, model for Gucci in Vogue. I think when she finds out what she likes more than anything else, she will know it and pursue it zealously. But for now, she is all over the place. And that's fine. I mean, I'm 33 and still all over the place. :biggrin:

La Bouche d'Or 12-01-2010 02:03 AM

IMHO, I think the only thing that she really craves for is ... some authethic, solid respect. Since she has pretty much everything else and she grew up looking up to such people like P. Caroline, she wants to be respected a great deal. But I think, since she never had to fight for anything, she hardly knows our dramas and dilemmas. Basically, she had never struggled. That's why I think it will be sort of rough for her to taste some real taste of victory. That's why she's messing around like that.

CasiraghiTrio 12-01-2010 02:56 AM

^You mean she wants to be admired like Princess Caroline? But she does not know how to achieve that kind of admirability? Because she hasn't ever had to work her way up from the bottom up? She's always on the top of everything. Write an article? Oh, go write for one of Britain's biggest newspapers and have a byline shared with an established journalist. That her was first piece, where she started. I can see your point. Need a horse trainer? Here, train with this former Olympian! Work in publishing? Oh, you can be Editor-at-Large for this hot new eco-magazine! Not exactly entry level. She doesn't know what it is to be at the entry level. :lol:

trepstrep 12-01-2010 04:54 AM

And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?

Horseygal 12-01-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trepstrep (Post 1168845)
And that's only her fault.
Many many people with fortune and names like hers start at entry level because they know it's the only way to learn and not make a fool of oneself. If so many other rich and well connected kids have done it and she doesn't what's the reason?
They are more level headed? Their parents are more level headed and have showed them from an early age that the world won't fall at their feet just because they have money and a name?

I agree - one name some may recognize is Donald Trump. He had high expectations for his children. His children from his first marriage all went to college and grad school - none have been arrested or in rehab; the two older ones are married, and all work in the family business - but, he insisted that they start at the bottom, get an education, and work their way up. His daughter Ivanka also has a successful jewelry line on the side....so, it can be done.

trepstrep 12-01-2010 08:53 AM

And the sad thing about Charlotte is that MAYBE she has the talent to go far. I mean, she got her "très bien" degree at the bac all by herself, in an exam where money or connections are totally worthless.

So, maybe she would had entered the ENS if she had tried once more.
Maybe she would be a great journalist if she bothered to be trained, and go to journalism school, and was willing to spend a couple of years at the bottom.
Maybe she has the talent and could be a great equestrian if she had the patience and the humility to ride horses and competitions that were right for her.
Nobody can be a master without having been previously an apprentice. It's common sense.

Empress Merel 12-01-2010 11:24 AM

You can't be great without having been at the bottom first, I agree. But that's why you see so many lazy (per choice) ''rich kids'' living on mummy and daddy or getting into the family bussiness.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises