The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels General Discussion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/catherine-middletons-wedding-tiara-suggestions-and-musings-29273.html)

muriel 11-17-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 1161185)
I thought this was one of the pieces that was on "lifetime loan" to Princess Margret and went back to the crown after her death.

I do not bekieve information relating to the whereabouts and the terms of the loan to Princess Margaret are in the public domain.

qui mal y pense 11-17-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowflower (Post 1161158)
I also believe that the picture is wrongly titled , I have seen this picture popping up in some jewellery forum in the past and if I remember correctly someone wrote that it was taken from an exhibition and most of the pieces belong to British aristocratic families not the Royal Family

It looks like the Nizam of hyderabad flower brooch is there as well as queen mary's stomacher. though not all pieces are familiar.

qui mal y pense 11-17-2010 12:46 PM

I think the bows and knots tiara is a more likely choice. I can also see her getting a new piece like Fergie or a tiara made of other pieces like Sophie's. Maybe we'll be surprised with an old Gem. Who ever expected that the Delhi Durbar tiara was even still around?!

lallyvee 11-17-2010 01:16 PM

She is marrying someone who is half Spencer.

Zonk 11-17-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lallyvee (Post 1161218)
She is marrying someone who is half Spencer.

True but from what I understand, the Spencer tiara has been used by Spencer women on their marriage day or women marrying Spencer men (particularly those holding the title Earl Spencer or Viscount Althrop). And while William is half Spencer thru his mother, I expect the next time we will see the Spencer Tiara it will be on Louis who is the current Viscount Althrop or the Spencer daughters, Kitty, Eliza and Amelia (I think I have got the names right without even looking at it). Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.

Lumutqueen 11-17-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lallyvee (Post 1161218)
She is marrying someone who is half Spencer.

She isn't marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the Windsor family.

I agree with Zonk, that tiara won't be seen until one of the children marries.

Shelo 11-17-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lallyvee (Post 1161218)
She is marrying someone who is half Spencer.

I disagree- this wedding has is not a Spencer wedding- it is a Middleton wedding! While there will be some Spencers on the guest list, I really don't think this tiara will appear.

I really hope that Kate is given the Strathmore. It is a more delicate tiara that would work well, I think, with Kate's very petite frame.
https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3...strathmore.jpg

Lumutqueen 11-17-2010 01:34 PM

Lallyvee is right, Kate is marrying someone half-spencer.
No it isn't a spencer wedding it is a Windsor-Middleton wedding.

snowflower 11-17-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1161222)
Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.

Zonk I am 99% sure they did ( the 1% doubt is because I am really bored now to start searching for photographing evidence :biggrin:) . Anyway , I don't see the point of Kate using the Spencer tiara - she is not a Spencer and she isn't marrying into the Spencer family.

Stefan 11-17-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowflower (Post 1161265)
Zonk I am 99% sure they did ( the 1% doubt is because I am really bored now to start searching for photographing evidence :biggrin:) . Anyway , I don't see the point of Kate using the Spencer tiara - she is not a Spencer and she isn't marrying into the Spencer family.

Yes both Lady Jane and Lady Sarah wore it.

Lumutqueen 11-17-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1161222)
Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.

Lady Sarah = ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - 1980517ns6da.jpg

I can't find a picture of Jane.

EmpressRouge 11-17-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1161278)

page7
Here it is. There are two pictures of Jane on her wedding day below the picture of Sarah and Diana is a bridesmaid.

salma 11-17-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1161272)
Yes both Lady Jane and Lady Sarah wore it.

Yes and too Catherine Lockwood wore the tiara:
https://thepeerage.com/103600_001.jpg

nerdycool 11-17-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qui mal y pense (Post 1161151)
I wonder when that picture was taken. The tiara all the way to the right looks very suspiciously like the Rundell tiara with loops and diamond shapes removed and additions to the sides of the 'pieces' on top!! I wonder...

No, that's not the Rundell. The tiara to the far right is the Diadem of England Strawberry Leaf tiara, which is/was in the possession of the Northumberland family.

See post #1595

Zonk 11-17-2010 02:48 PM

Thanks I have never seen a picture of Lady Sarah wearing the tiara and was too lazy too look in my MANY Diana books for Jane's wedding.

So basically, Spencer women who marry and those women who marry Spencer men are wearing the tiara. I don't think it will be worn by Catherine.

SASSY 11-17-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1161063)
Sophie or the tiara. Calling Sophie a viking is a bit harsh.

I loved Sophie's wedding tiara.

The tiara looks like a viking helmut to me. :ermm:

prsgoddess 11-17-2010 03:10 PM

I was leaning towards the Strathmore Rose...but after seeing Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother) with the Teck Circle...I like it!

Not sure how it would look on Catherine, with a wedding dress, veil, etc, but definitely would be a show stopper!

mary stuart 11-17-2010 04:28 PM

i would love to see cathrine wear the timur ruby necklace as a tiara it would look fab on her hair . or the amethytist tiara/necklace that was queen victorias mothers :)

Madame Royale 11-17-2010 05:38 PM

Personally, I hope not to see her in the Lovers Knot. It's been done, just leave it at that. Perhaps when she's Queen, wear it a few times but otherwise, don't let it be a principal piece of jewellery.

Are there not two diamond fringe tiara's belonging to the collection? (George III and the Lord Mayor of London's fringe necklace which was a wedding gift to the then Princess Elizabeth. I assume it could be placed on a frame?) Why not allow her the use of one? I don't believe the Queen has ever made any considerable use of her fringe necklace.

They are very rarely worn and it could become 'her own' which would be quite lovely.

rubies 11-17-2010 07:16 PM

I don't believe she will receive a "new tiara"(one bought for her that is) right now do to the economy and the fact I just know HM has so many amazing jewels that have been rarely used or could be revamped for her...

but...I could be wrong.(It would be my first time of course):lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises