The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Mary and Frederik's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/mary-and-frederiks-circle-of-friends-danish-and-australian-28806.html)

JessRulz 10-03-2010 10:08 PM

Mary and Frederik's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)

"Princess Mary's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)"

This thread can be used for discussing news about Mary's friends, discussing their relationships with Mary, etc.

Please remember the TRF rules/faq when posting :smile:

Aotearoagal 10-05-2010 03:17 AM

Princess Mary's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1134927)
Does no one here think that Amber will be a godmother to one of the twins?

I really hope so. Adelaide has really helped Amber into a stable career, and her recent writings on topics like domestic violence have been exemplary. (She isn't a churchgoer, though, as far as I know, and THAT might prevent her from the role of Godmother to the fourth or fifth in line to the throne!)

AnnaNotherThing 10-05-2010 07:32 PM

Princess Mary's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)

I am bit cynical of Amber and I don't think she will be a godparent...Maybe if she was married by now which would enforce the family values espoused by the DRF, perhaps, but that hasn't happened, so I doubt she will be asked...

My cynicism begins around the time of Mary's solo trip after the twins announcement...The sequence of event were:

1. Amber's actual birthday spent in Melbourne with a small group of friends at a restaurant
2. Mary's pregnant with twins, plans to visit Australia, sisters in Hobart and Amber in Adelaide
3. Amber decides to show her BFF how well connected SHE is and arranges another birthday bash for herself (Amber)...totally over the top, 150+ guests, Amber wears the princess gown and Mary wears the disco jumpsuit...

In these matters, they are probably as bad as each other, Amber wants to show off and show she is worthy of her BFF but on the other hand Mary now expects people to fawn over her and make a grand entrance and hob nob with the rich and influential, it is in her blood now...I am trying to think of the alternate scenario, in which Mary is invited to a intimate birthday dinner no. 2 for 6 friends in an Adelaide restaurant...Would this low key 'event' be enough for Mary? I am reading too much into it but I think they both need each other for different reasons and they use each other for different reasons also...

Sorry about the rant, but I don't think Amber will ever be allowed into the inner circle, too risky and volatile...

Terri Terri 10-05-2010 07:58 PM

CP Mary did not need to go to Adelaide to "hob nob" with the rich and influential. She has done that for the past 6 years in Denmark and will continue to do so where ever she goes in the world! And CP Mary attends intimate gatherings in Denmark without a whole lot of media attention, but she is a public person, and when she leaves her home, she attracts public and media attention. Same as in Australia - It is the media that pursues CP Mary when she is in Australia. What is CP Mary supposed to do? Hide in the hotel or her sister's home?
At least CP Mary knows the meaning of loyalty. And so does Amber -she has never revealed any details about Mary and her past life in Australia. As a matter of fact, none of Mary's Australian friends have. Mary didn't drop her Aussie friends when she met, became engaged to and married CP Frederik. The stories about Amber Petty in Denmark always try to make her out to be living a life of one scandal after another. That simply isn't true. Despite the media's attempts, CP Mary has remained loyal to old friends from Australia. And I admire her for that.
If CP Mary had cut all ties with her friends in Australia, she would have been roundly criticized for lacking character.
In addition to that, Amber is already in the inner circle as she is the best friend of the Crown Princess and future Queen of Denmark. Amber was invited to Prince Christian's christening and CP Frederik's 40th birthday. CP Mary also makes it a point to visit Amber when she goes to Australia. Amber can't get any closer to the inner circle than that. Whether or not Amber is named as a godparent isn't going to change the close relationship between Mary and Amber.

AnnaNotherThing 10-05-2010 08:56 PM

Thanks Terri, I think you have just reinforced the points I was trying to make about their friendship, they both have vested interests to sustain and maintain it...Amber motivations might be, to have an important friend allows you access to areas otherwise restricted to the general public and she gets to write about it, her entry password is 'BFF of a Princess' beat that! And my criticism was not to say Mary should have stayed in her hotel (she stayed in Amber's apartment, didn't she?) my point was, why did Amber go to all the effort of a 2nd mega party as soon as she knew Mary would be coming to town, if not to impress and show off to her friend...Look at me, I might not have married a Prince but I am a success too!!

And Mary's motivations are to demonstrate that she is loyal, she is normal, she is accessible...And invitations to weddings, christenings and parties do not constitute inner circle...Inner circle to me means a person of the court who is able to counsel, influence and encourage Mary to do certain things in a professional or personal capacity...I don't even think her sisters, Patricia and Jane are in Mary's inner circle!!! And it is probably easier to be in ther inner circle if the geographical barrier weren't there either...

Terri Terri 10-05-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

I think you have just reinforced the points I was trying to make about their friendship
Actually, I think you missed my point entirely!
Mary and Amber were friends for a very long time...way before she met Frederik. And the fact that they have continued to remain friends is testament to that enduring friendship that they had before. Since Mary and Amber were friends before she met Frederik, should Mary have cut ties with Amber after she married Frederik? And since Amber was chosen by Mary as her maid of honor, that's how the Danish and Australian media continues to portray her and what she became "famous" for. Yes, Amber works for radio and other such media - and she is entitled to be able to work in any profession she so desires. It shouldn't be held against her that her best friend is a Danish royal.

Quote:

Her entry password is 'BFF of a Princess' beat that!
So?...Amber is stating a known and public fact. She is CP Mary's best friend, she was after all Mary's maid of honor. And again, given that she and Mary are friends, what intimate details have Amber ever revealed about Mary's life (before she became a Crown Princess and after) that damaged Mary in anyway? None. Amber and Mary's other Aussie friends have been very loyal to Mary. If Amber calling herself "BFF of a Princess" is all that CP Mary has to worry about...then Mary is very lucky indeed! Some royals aren't as lucky as Mary. One of Princess Marie's ex-boyfriends went public about their sex life to one of the Danish tabloids - that hasn't happy to CP Mary.

Quote:

And my criticism was not to say Mary should have stayed in her hotel (she stayed in Amber's apartment, didn't she?)
No. CP Mary did not stay in Amber's apartment when she visited Adelaide. She and her security detail stayed at the Adabco Boutique Hotel near Amber's apartment.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225907583821

Quote:

why did Amber go to all the effort of a 2nd mega party
Why shouldn't she have a 2nd bigger party to celebrate her 40th birthday? She had an intimate one in Melbourne and a big bash in Adelaide. The party in Adelaide was a very elegant black tie event! Amber is allowed to celebrate her birthday in any way she pleases just like everyone else. Are big birthday bashes only to be reserved for the royal and rich? Amber was celebrating a milestone in her life, and I say, good on her for celebrating it the way she wanted! Supposed Amber had the big bash in Adelaide only - would you be critical of that as well? As long as Amber had to foot the bill herself and it wasn't taxpayers money - I don't see a problem with her having as many parties as she likes!

Quote:

And Mary's motivations are to demonstrate that she is loyal, she is normal, she is accessible
Mary doesn't need to be motivated to be those things. She has already shown that despite the negative media light in which Amber is portrayed (sometimes unfairly), she has not abandoned the true friends that knew her when she was Mary Donaldson. That shows true character on her part! It also demonstrates that Mary genuinely cares about her friends and that she has been just as loyal to them as they have been to her! We all have close friends in our lives - are our motivations to demonstrate to anybody that we are loyal or do we genuinely care about those who are our close friends? Why should it be any different for Mary and Amber because their friendship is so public?

Quote:

And invitations to weddings, christenings and parties do not constitute inner circle..
Amber was not any ordinary wedding guest who was invited to the wedding...she was part of the wedding party as maid of honor. Amber was the only non-family member who was in Mary's wedding party. CP Mary also called Amber when she was on her honeymoon. Mary called Amber and other Aussie friends when she was in hospital after she gave birth to Christian. That sounds very much like an inner circle to me.

Quote:

Inner circle to me means a person of the court who is able to counsel, influence and encourage Mary to do certain things in a professional or personal capacity
Inner circle can also be those people you are comfortable being yourself with or who knew you "back when" so to speak. Amber is one of the select few Aussie friends who knew CP Mary when she was just Mary Donaldson. In Denmark, Mary always has to be aware that she is the Crown Princess and future Queen, even in some of the friendships she has formed in Denmark. In Australia, she is able to be around people who have no pretentions about her being royalty now. In her sisters' homes, she can just be the little sister. With Amber, she can just be an old friend. And I think her sisters and Aussie friends are just as important in Mary's inner circle as the people in the Danish court who assist her in her role as Crown Princess and future Queen.

Leslie2006 10-06-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Inner circle can also be those people you are comfortable being yourself with or who knew you "back when" so to speak. Amber is one of the select few Aussie friends who knew CP Mary when she was just Mary Donaldson. In Denmark, Mary always has to be aware that she is the Crown Princess and future Queen, even in some of the friendships she has formed in Denmark. In Australia, she is able to be around people who have no pretentions about her being royalty now. In her sisters' homes, she can just be the little sister. With Amber, she can just be an old friend. And I think her sisters and Aussie friends are just as important in Mary's inner circle as the people in the Danish court who assist her in her role as Crown Princess and future Queen.
Well put, Terri. I haven't kept up to date on the royals lately, with school and all, but it sounds like Amber has been a very good friend to Mary throughout her teen and young adult years up until now. It wouldn't surprise me if Amber was indeed listed as one of the godparents. I hope it's boy/girl twins. That way, Frederick and Mary will have 2 of each, no one will be left out.

AnnaNotherThing 10-06-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie2006 (Post 1144731)
but it sounds like Amber has been a very good friend to Mary throughout her teen and young adult years up until now. .

Mary and Amber have only known each other since 1996 when they were work colleagues at MOJO advertising/marketing in Melbourne...The friendship supposedly developed after 1998, after Henrietta's death (in 1997), when Mary decided to go backpacking through Scotland/Europe...Apparently, Amber's words in a workplace farewell card really stuck with Mary...And I think after returning to Australia, Mary moved to Sydney....So while I am not begrudging Mary or Amber anything regarding their friendship, they did only know each other for a short time (2-3 years) and had a long distance friendship (Mary in Sydney and Amber still in Melbourne) when Mary met Fred in 2000...

So maybe it's that newness and association with life change (travelling, taking risks, moving to Sydney, meeting Fred) that cemented their connection and deepened their friendship?

Katelle 10-07-2010 09:58 PM

:previous:
I guess this is a question only Mary and Amber can answer to.
Anyway fact is that Mary considers Amber as her best friend, no one can argue about that.

Zonk 10-07-2010 10:23 PM

Best friends don't have a time limit...it doesn't matter how you long you know someone else...its how you connect...if they are there for you when you are at your worst...and they are happy enough for you to celebrate the high points of your life. A best friend can be someone who you don't talk to on a regular, but the very next time you speak...its like you just spoke yesterday.

Only Amber and Mary know if the definition listed above applies to their friendship.

On the other hand...when one gets to be close to 40...do you have a best friend...or a very dear and close friend?

greenways 10-08-2010 12:07 AM

We see snippets of the royals going about their live's and interacting with certain people. There must be huge chunks of their live's we know nothing about, like who they have coffee with, eat with, call on phone for a chat, send e mail's to etc. We do not and never will, see the 'whole' of their lives. So IMO, our judgments are based on very little really. (that doesn't stop me being interested)!

Madame Royale 10-08-2010 12:30 AM

Quite true.

Personally, I don't particulary care who they are friends with, who they call, who they email, what they eat, where they eat, who with . . . it's none of my business and it doesn't interest me.

Relations between royal houses interests me, but those of a much more personal nature I find entirely uninteresting, to be honest.

greenways 10-08-2010 12:42 AM

Yes, I mean I am interested in their live's in general, the more intimate stuff - not so much. They are intitled to privacy, just like us.

Lakshmi 10-08-2010 12:52 AM

The only female friend of Mary I heard is Amber. I am not sure if Amber is really loyal friend, she seems more like an opportunist.

dazzling 10-08-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi (Post 1145199)
The only female friend of Mary I heard is Amber. I am not sure if Amber is really loyal friend, she seems more like an opportunist.

Mary does have quite a few female friends who are Danish.
BB had an article on them. Fred & Mary spend quite a few holiday with them as in Sardinia in 2009, summer house in Denmark in 2010. Mary is a godmother to one of her danish friends daughters/son (not sure which).

Not sure about Amber, personally I think she took some advantages of her being Mary's friend after Mary got married.

nwinther 10-08-2010 04:30 AM

Re: BFF etc.

I'm pretty sure Mary and Amber are honest friends that remain as loyal to one another, as one can, when being on either side of the planet. I don't doubt, that Amber has her own life to live, and as such can't spend every waking moment wondering what Mary would think of this and that.

I don't know of anybody who remain close friends merely because it has some sort of professional or social benefit - at least not ones you'd ask to be Maid of Honour at your wedding! And if Mary thought Amber was decieving her, I'm pretty sure she'd have cut her off years ago - not keep travelling across the globe to attend birthday parties etc.

I don't see this alleged socio-professional symbiosis working at all.

Sternchen 10-08-2010 10:02 AM

Some of her female friends (apart form Amber):

Caroline Herring
Birgitte Handwerk
Helle Reedtz-Thott
Julie Mølsgaard
Dr. Nadine Johnston
Rose Gad
Anja Camilla Alajdi
Tanja K. Doky
Caroline Fleming
Kylie Matthews

Emmily 10-08-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

How could anyone possibly know this:flowers: Mary seems to trust her. That's what matters.

Aotearoagal 10-08-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1145313)
Some of her female friends (apart form Amber):

Caroline Herring
Birgitte Handwerk
Helle Reedtz-Thott
Julie Mølsgaard
Dr. Nadine Johnston
Rose Gad
Anja Camilla Alajdi
Tanja K. Doky
Caroline Fleming
Kylie Matthews

Sternchen I think some of these friends came to Mary via her husband, which doesn't mean they aren't real friends, but in a very different category from Amber. Nadine Johnston went to the same uni as Mary but wasn't close to her at uni, she knows her really through her Arctic science work, which involved Frederik. Tanja and Caroline H are ladies in waiting, rather than personal friends. Anja is Mary's paid stylist. I think Kylie Matthews and Helle, and also Caroline Fleming, are the likeliest "true friends" on your list ...

Katrianna 10-09-2010 12:30 AM

It appeared that after the announcement of Mary's engagement and then the wedding, that Amber appeared to ride on Mary's coattails. The last few years she seems to have taken her own course in life. Obviously, Amber and Mary appear to be very close still. It can be hard due to one living in Australia and one in Denmark, but that's what cell phones and computers are for, much
quicker communication than the old days.;)

Madame Royale 10-09-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Tanja and Caroline H are ladies in waiting, rather than personal friends
I disagree. Whether employed or not, both these ladies, particularly Caroline I'd endeavour to suggest, seem quite close. So much so their families have vacationed together in Switzerland on more than one occasion I believe. Mary and Frederik have also attended various dinner parties hosted by Caroline and her husband.

Because they work for the Crown Princely couple cannot then suggest that their relationship is strictly professional. All 'signs' indicate that their relationship goes beyond a working environment, and quite often at that.

Lumutqueen 10-09-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1145487)
I disagree. Whether employed or not, both these ladies, particularly Caroline I'd endeavour to suggest, seem quite close. So much so their families have vacationed together in Switzerland on more than one occasion I believe. Mary and Frederik have also attended various dinner parties hosted by Caroline and her husband.

Because they work for the Crown Princely couple cannot then suggest that their relationship is strictly professional. All 'signs' indicate that their relationship goes beyond a working environment, and quite often at that.

I agree with this statement as well, they seem more like friends than employee IMO.

dazzling 10-09-2010 04:23 AM

Weren't Mary & Caroline friends before Caroline started being her LIW? & if not mistaken, Caroline's husband has known Fred for many years now, correct?

Lumutqueen 10-09-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1145524)
Weren't Mary & Caroline friends before Caroline started being her LIW? & if not mistaken, Caroline's husband has known Fred for many years now, correct?

Did they go to school together or something along those lines?

MissSaga 10-09-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Yes, and Mary actually chose Caroline as her L-I-W and now personal secretary BECAUSE of their close friendship. And yes, they have been in Switzerland several times together, also Croatia one summer.

Anyway, Mary's close friends involve

Amber Petter
Caroline Heering
Birgitte Handwerk
Julie Mølsgård (they seem to go shopping together very often)

Of course she also has friends like Helle Redtz-Thott, Caroline Fleming, but those don't seem as close and more as friends JUST because they are from danish aristocrathy. Even though she did have a vacation in London with them at one point.

Sternchen 10-09-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aotearoagal (Post 1145479)
Sternchen I think some of these friends came to Mary via her husband, which doesn't mean they aren't real friends, but in a very different category from Amber. Nadine Johnston went to the same uni as Mary but wasn't close to her at uni, she knows her really through her Arctic science work, which involved Frederik. Tanja and Caroline H are ladies in waiting, rather than personal friends. Anja is Mary's paid stylist. I think Kylie Matthews and Helle, and also Caroline Fleming, are the likeliest "true friends" on your list ...

So what if they are associated through Fred? I have gotten to know some great friends through my htb and they are confidants now, same as he is close friends with some of my old friends now.
I thought the name of this thread is "Princess Mary's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)" not "Princess Mary's Circle of Friends from Category XYZ". :P
Tanja and Caroline have been friends of Mary before they became l-i-w. There are plenty of photos especially of Caroline even before the engagement was announced.
I don't know how close Mary is with Helle and Caroline, but I do think they are quiet close, otherwise they wouldn't have asked her to be a godmother to their children, would they?

Guiomar 10-09-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

The only female friend of Mary I heard is Amber.

She has other friends, but they are not public people.

Friends of Australia:

Female Friends

Simone Wolf (childhood's friend and university colleague) and Jane:

https://i39.tinypic.com/2nov9u.jpg (Simone, Mary and Jane at the Royal Wedding in Denmark 2004)

https://i42.tinypic.com/335f9t0.jpg (Simone with Christian, December 2006)

Simone Wolf

Simone grew up in Hobart, Tasmania and is a life long friend of Crown Princess Mary. Simone and Mary attended primary school and high school together and then went on to study law at the University of Tasmania.

Dr. Nadine Johnston (University of Tasmania friend, Isabella's godmother)

https://i43.tinypic.com/309o3tj.jpg (2007)

https://i42.tinypic.com/ekfec8.jpg (with Mary, Isabella and Christian, Denmark 2009)

Now its Princess Isabella | Adelaide Now

Seks faddere til prinsessen - dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Prinsesse

Past Fellowship Recipients

Kylie Matthews
(flatmate)

https://i39.tinypic.com/juiwwn.jpg (2003)

https://i34.tinypic.com/35i0xs1.jpg (2003)

Something about Mary - smh.com.au (2003)

The Tasmanian trip marks the second time they have flown out to Australia in recent months, with the couple visiting Sydney last October to attend the wedding of Ms Donaldson's friends Kylie Matthews and
Anthony Jones at St Mark's Church, Darling Point.
(2003)

Princess Mary | Crown Prince Frederick | Danish Royals | Kylie Matthews denies rumours of fling with Frederick | Melissa Singer (2009)

Male Friends

Hamish Campbell (university friend and godfather of Christian):

https://i41.tinypic.com/2hxxd04.jpg (2001)

https://i42.tinypic.com/k0634k.jpg (2001)

https://i44.tinypic.com/2ntiv87.jpg (2001)

https://i37.tinypic.com/1zp4a4x.jpg (2010)

https://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...180163579.html (Mary, Hamish and Amber - 2005)

Polo royalty | Herald Sun (Hamish 2007)

Video (Mary and Hamish 2010)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLAXWUQsQY

Amber and Hamish Video (2003/2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPz1M...layer_embedded

Friends Wedding 2004:

_ Mr. MATTHEW ANNELLS (Brent's brother, former boyfriend of Mary)
_ Mr. HAMISH CAMPBELL;
_ Dr. NADINE JOHNSTON;
_ Mrs. KYLIE JONES (Kylie Mathews);
_ Mr. ANDREW MILES (flatmate);
_ Miss AMBER PETTY;
_ Mrs. BRETT WOLF (Simone Wolf).;
_ Mrs. ??? (Jane).

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kongehuset/...ticleID=169314 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...04-a-2280.html)

Quote:

I am not sure if Amber is really loyal friend, she seems more like an opportunist.

Amber worked for the media, but not exposed mary.

Mary seems to trust her.

Amber is a public person, and she has no reason to hide.

Friendship:

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=112922

https://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...180163579.html

https://www.icmi.com.au/Entertainer/M...etty/Biography

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-2212-10.html (Message 192)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1144393)

Mary doesn't need to be motivated to be those things. She has already shown that despite the negative media light in which Amber is portrayed (sometimes unfairly), she has not abandoned the true friends that knew her when she was Mary Donaldson. That shows true character on her part! It also demonstrates that Mary genuinely cares about her friends and that she has been just as loyal to them as they have been to her! We all have close friends in our lives - are our motivations to demonstrate to anybody that we are loyal or do we genuinely care about those who are our close friends? Why should it be any different for Mary and Amber because their friendship is so public?

Amber was not any ordinary wedding guest who was invited to the wedding...she was part of the wedding party as maid of honor. Amber was the only non-family member who was in Mary's wedding party. CP Mary also called Amber when she was on her honeymoon. Mary called Amber and other Aussie friends when she was in hospital after she gave birth to Christian. That sounds very much like an inner circle to me.

Well put, Terri.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aotearoagal (Post 1145479)
Nadine Johnston went to the same uni as Mary but wasn't close to her at uni, she knows her really through her Arctic science work, which involved Frederik. ...

That is speculation, I suppose.

Nadine studied at the University of Tasmania. Mary studied at the University of Tasmania.

Nadine was originally presented as a friend of Mary.

Seks faddere til prinsessen - dr.dk/Nyheder/Temaer/Prinsesse (Translation: dr. Nadine Johnston, a close friend of Crown princess Mary)

UserDane 10-09-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1145524)

Yes, that is right. Caroline's mother in law, Susanne Heering, and the queen have been friends for more than 30 years, sharing a common interest in the ballet. So Peter Heering, Caroline's husband, has always been mentioned as one of Frederik's friends.

Susanne Heering runs her own ballet school at Næstved, and the queen has become the regular scenographer - here Dronning Margrethe i juleballet - Royale - BT.dk the costumes - designed by the queen - for an upcoming christmas ballet are presented

Commonconsort 10-15-2010 09:44 PM

whatever happened to "friends" like Andrew Miles and Beatrice Tarnawski, I wonder?...or have they been deemed "inappropriate" ???

(Aussie members please feel free to post on this one ..:whistling::whistling::whistling:..........

Lumutqueen 10-16-2010 04:09 AM

Care to explain who they are Common?
<...>

Terri Terri 10-16-2010 06:39 AM

Commonconsort...you should be more careful dear! Your ignorance (lack of knowledge) is showing in all of the posts you have made in this and other threads and it isn't very becoming!:whistling: If you would have taken a little more time to research the facts, you would know that Andrew Miles is still one of the friends of CP Mary and CP Frederik. He was invited to their wedding. Andrew Miles was one of Mary's flatmates at her last residence in Sydney. Beatrice Tarnawski was a friend of Mr. Miles, she was never one of Mary's personal friends.
Guestlist from the Crown Prince Wedding https://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=3197
Quote:

Mrs. Kylie Jones
Mr. Anthony Jones
Mr. Alex Knight
Mr. Oliver Lee
Mr. Simon Levene
Director Christopher Scott Meehan
Mr. Andrew Miles
Mrs. Gina O’Rourke
Mr. Stephen Dametto
Friherre Niclas Palmstierna
Friherreinde Palmstierna
Miss Amber Petty
Direktør Jakob Reese
Fru Reese
Mr. Jason Roberts
Miss Naomi Smith
Miss Kate Sutton
Mr. Tony Thomas
Mrs. Josephine Rechner
Mr. Matthew Tisdall
Mrs. Selina Tracey
Mr. Andrew Tracey
Miss Emma Turnbull

Sternchen 02-16-2011 04:28 PM

Nicklas Bendtner is currently helping Arsenal beat Barca, which led me to the question, if the name of his and Carolines son has been revealed, and perhaps also the date and location of the christening?

Lumutqueen 02-16-2011 04:32 PM

You're watching the match too? :) Wiki has no new information, neither does his official website.

Sternchen 02-16-2011 04:36 PM

Yep, I watched Arsenal fight and win (on days like these, I have no control over the remote) :smile: and drolled over Xavi :lol:

Muhler 03-31-2011 07:54 AM

In Billed Bladet #13, 2011, we are informed that Count Michael Brockenhuus-Schack of the manor Giesegård has undergone surgery in the intestines for cancer in the bowls.
He does not require further treatment.

The 50 year old Count, belongs to M&F's circle of friends. His wife, Ulla, is a member of the board in the Mary Foundation.

AnnaNotherThing 04-24-2011 11:35 PM

I think the omission of Amber Petty as a godparent of one of the twins was very telling...I think Amber has always been vocal about her friendship with Mary and this has obviously (now) been to her detriment...All the Australian friends of Mary who have been made godparents of her children Hamish Campbell (Christian), Nadine Johnston (Isabella) and lately Josephine Rechner (Josephine) have all kept quiet and discrete...So Amber was off to a good start with the bridesmaid gig, but I think she is beginning her downward spin into obscurity...If the family circumstances of the list of godparents testify, they all compromise of people in stable, long term relationships and some even include children...And Amber at 40 years old is still unmarried and childless and maybe that is not example of good godparent material...

And totally off topic...but what was Amber thinking wearing that frumpy floral number? All the women (Mary included) seemed to be going for a tailored, fitted, above the knee look that worked well for that kind of event...Outfits like the ones Helle Reedtz-Thott, Caroline Heering, Josephine Rechner, Caroline Fleming, Patricia Bailey, etc were wearing...they all looked sophisticated and polished and Amber stuck out like a sore thumb in her floral, longish, flowy, 'vintage' (who cares) frumpy dress...Harsh I know but didn't someone think to advise her?, couldn't Mary have loaned her a dress too, like she did her sister?...Anyway, I wonder if Mary has outgrown Amber is finding more in common with her friends with children and families, like Josephine Rechner...someone they can talk about poo and spew with ;)

grevinnan 04-24-2011 11:50 PM

Most women I know tend to discuss things with their/our best girlfriends that we would never want anyone else to know. So I would imagine Amber has lots of information about Mary that she would not want to be made official. Chit chats about Mary and Frederik among other topics. I would assume Mary would not want to upset Amber. While there would not be a market for our own confidences there will be lots of interested journalists if Amber would start to talk.

Madame Royale 04-24-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

but what wasw Amber thinking wearing that frumpy floral number?
I just assumed that she had somehow become misplaced on her way to the local 'bake and buy' at a local parish.

Katrianna 04-25-2011 12:32 AM

Even though Amber wasn't a godparent, she is still an important enough friend to Mary to have been invited to the Christening.

missjane 04-25-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrianna (Post 1238114)
Even though Amber wasn't a godparent, she is still an important enough friend to Mary to have been invited to the Christening.

And for Mary to fly to Australia for, to attend her birthday. We cannot guess or understand the friendship. That is their private relationship.

Jemima 04-25-2011 02:13 AM

Amber is a very loyal friend to Mary. And she has been for a very long time.

Terri Terri 04-25-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

I would assume Mary would not want to upset Amber. While there would not be a market for our own confidences there will be lots of interested journalists if Amber would start to talk.
I think Amber would stand to lose a lot more if she ever talked about Mary and divulge her secrets to the media. She will loose their friends in Australia. Being Mary's bridesmaid has opened some doors to her that would otherwise have been closed. She is still important enough that Mary flew back to Australia to attend her 40th birthday celebrations...and Amber was invited to Frederik's 40th birthday party and to the christenings of Mary's children. So Mary's friendship is of great value to Amber and I don't imagine she would want to loose it.
I don't think that there is any reason to worry...in over 10 years, Amber has never revealed any confidences and she has been a true and loyal friend.

Viv 04-25-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevinnan (Post 1238100)
Most women I know tend to discuss things with their/our best girlfriends that we would never want anyone else to know. So I would imagine Amber has lots of information about Mary that she would not want to be made official. Chit chats about Mary and Frederik among other topics. I would assume Mary would not want to upset Amber. While there would not be a market for our own confidences there will be lots of interested journalists if Amber would start to talk.

That's a good point! I suppose that Mary and Amber Petty were clubbing together before Sydney 2000 ???
And about Amber Petty not being a god parent: IMO her affair with a rocker-type, who was even married, did not do her any favours!

Viv

missMaryanne 04-25-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

totally agree.

are you gonna choose an employee to be your kid's godmother if she's not close to you?

Sternchen 04-25-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing (Post 1238094)
I think the omission of Amber Petty as a godparent of one of the twins was very telling...I think Amber has always been vocal about her friendship with Mary and this has obviously (now) been to her detriment...All the Australian friends of Mary who have been made godparents of her children Hamish Campbell (Christian), Nadine Johnston (Isabella) and lately Josephine Rechner (Josephine) have all kept quiet and discrete...So Amber was off to a good start with the bridesmaid gig, but I think she is beginning her downward spin into obscurity...If the family circumstances of the list of godparents testify, they all compromise of people in stable, long term relationships and some even include children...And Amber at 40 years old is still unmarried and childless and maybe that is not example of good godparent material...

And totally off topic...but what was Amber thinking wearing that frumpy floral number? All the women (Mary included) seemed to be going for a tailored, fitted, above the knee look that worked well for that kind of event...Outfits like the ones Helle Reedtz-Thott, Caroline Heering, Josephine Rechner, Caroline Fleming, Patricia Bailey, etc were wearing...they all looked sophisticated and polished and Amber stuck out like a sore thumb in her floral, longish, flowy, 'vintage' (who cares) frumpy dress...Harsh I know but didn't someone think to advise her?, couldn't Mary have loaned her a dress too, like she did her sister?...Anyway, I wonder if Mary has outgrown Amber is finding more in common with her friends with children and families, like Josephine Rechner...someone they can talk about poo and spew with ;)

Weren't you also the one who was sooooo sure that Peter Warnoe will be a godfather? :whistling:

King of the Jungle 04-25-2011 07:27 PM

Not all people opt to accept an invitation to become a Godparent.
It can be seen as a sincere Christian role.
Not every one sees themselves as comfortable, regular believers and examples of the Christian faith.

One can be a fantastic Aunt, Grandparent or best friend and very important in the life of a friend's child without being Godparent material.
If one is not confident in being a Godmother then it might be seen as hypercritical to accept the role to be one.

We have no idea how many people were asked or declined to be a Godparent.

AnnaNotherThing 04-25-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1238598)
Weren't you also the one who was sooooo sure that Peter Warnoe will be a godfather? :whistling:

Maybe I was...but he didn't look so happy upon his entry to the church (wish I could find the photo)...So maybe he is really rather cut up about his exclusion...no more free holidays to Verbier for you, humph! ;)

Found it: https://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cf...enr=22&page=22

What a grump! :)

Jemima 04-26-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing (Post 1238859)
Maybe I was...but he didn't look so happy upon his entry to the church (wish I could find the photo)...So maybe he is really rather cut up about his exclusion...no more free holidays to Verbier for you, humph! ;)

Found it: Barnedåb: Se alle kjolerne - Billede 22 | Starlounge

What a grump! :)

Maybe he just doesn't appreciate the media photogs taking his picture.
Anyways, I don't think he looks all that grumpy!

missMaryanne 04-26-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of the Jungle (Post 1238738)
Not all people opt to accept an invitation to become a Godparent.
It can be seen as a sincere Christian role.
Not every one sees themselves as comfortable, regular believers and examples of the Christian faith.

One can be a fantastic Aunt, Grandparent or best friend and very important in the life of a friend's child without being Godparent material.
If one is not confident in being a Godmother then it might be seen as hypercritical to accept the role to be one.

We have no idea how many people were asked or declined to be a Godparent.

i think that maybe amber and mary talk about it, and they both agree that amber won't be a godmother. maybe she wasn't comfortable with that role...at least she was mary's maid of honor.

Muhler 11-13-2011 08:18 AM

Via BT I came across this little piece written by Amber Petty: Petty: Charles spells trouble for royals | Adelaide Now

In short she says that she would like to keep QEII but once the PoW Charles is due, then it's time to sever the bonds between Australia and the BRF.

I wonder if Mary shared the same view when she was still a commoner. It's my impression that she did. I recall her saying in one of the documentaries that she of course had an opinion about that and as I heard it, she was back then in favour of Australia turning republic.
Perhaps some of you remember that? And perhaps even able to find that clip?

Personally I don't see a conflict in the commoner Mary being in favour of Australia becoming a republic and herself later becoming a royal in another country.
You simply cannot compare Australia and Denmark in that respect.

American Dane 11-13-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1336711)
Via BT I came across this little peice written by Amber Petty: Petty: Charles spells trouble for royals | Adelaide Now

In short she says that she would like to keep QEII but once the PoW Charles is due, then it's time to sever the bonds between Australia and the BRF.

I wonder if Mary shared the same view when she was still a commoner. It's my impression that she did. I recall her saying in one of the documentaries that she of course had an opinion about that and as I heard it she was back then in favour of Australia turning republic.
Perhaps some of you remember that? And perhaps even able to find that clip?

Personally I don't see a conflict in the commonor Mary being in favour of Australia becoming a republic and herself later becoming a royal in another country.
You simply cannot compare Australia and Denmark in that respect.

Hi Muhler! :wave:

You've touched upon something I've thought about for a while. What were Mary's, Kate's, Letizia's, etc. thoughts on their respective monarchies (in Mary's case: Australia) before they became princesses or involved with their princes? Perhaps other members would like to enlighten me on that. ;)

N.B. I've watched the documentary several times but for some reason I can't remember the part where she speaks about the referendum or her opinion about it. I do remember, however, a story told by a friend of Mary's mother or someone like that who recounted a story about Mary meeting a British royal (the Queen or Charles, I can't remember which) when she was a small child, and from then on her mother called her "her little princess".

Muhler 11-13-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1336713)
Hi Muhler! :wave:

N.B. I've watched the documentary several times but for some reason I can't remember the part where she speaks about the referendum or her opinion about it.

:smile: Hi, American Dane,

I can't remember which documentary it was. - There have been quite a few by now.
I can actually still see her. She expressed herself very diplomatically but I can't remember the exact wording or whether it was in Danish or English.

American Dane 11-13-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1336726)
:smile: Hi, American Dane,

I can't remember which documentary it was. - There have been quite a few by now.
I can actually still see her. She expressed herself very diplomatically but I can't remember the exact wording or whether it was in Danish or English.

True, I'm perhaps mixing up documentaries as well. It's probably just in the back of my mind somewhere :tongue: I wonder, though, if her opinion on monarchy in Australia has stayed the same. I mean her view of what monarchy actually is and does must have changed since Frederik even if it is two completely distinct countries.

In terms of the Amber Petty article you so kindly posted I disagree with this paragraph: "How much have we grown? And do we really need to feel that because our history and culture doesn't date back as far as some other parts of the world, that we haven't evolved and developed sufficiently to be regarded as a sovereign nation in our own right?"

Who doesn't consider Australia a sovereign nation in its own right, nor Canada, and so on? British policies and the like have not been enforced since 1901 and Australia is now a Commonwealth (which denotes independence), no longer a dominion.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and all that really matters is that Mary represents Denmark and the DRF the best she can, which she certainly does!

NGalitzine 11-13-2011 10:02 AM

I remember them being asked about an Australian republic during their last official visit to Australia. Frederik was the one who answered the question basically saying it was a question for the Australians to answer and not one they would deal with.

Muhler 11-13-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1336746)
True, I'm perhaps mixing up documentaries as well. It's probably just in the back of my mind somewhere :tongue: I wonder, though, if her opinion on monarchy in Australia has stayed the same. I mean her view of what monarchy actually is and does must have changed since Frederik even if it is two completely distinct countries.

Probably. It certainly did for Frederik.
As he has grown older, he has learned to understand and appreciate things like the New Year Courts:
From the portrait book: Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark, pages 338-339:
- "In the eyes of some, it's stiff (too formal) that you wear gala uniforms and wear the highest orders of Denmark. When I was young I was a little sceptical myself and had a bit of this - screw the traditions (*) (attitude). But then one gets older and starts to reflect about things. Today I leave the courts in a light hearted/festive mood".

Quote:

In terms of the Amber Petty article you so kindly posted I disagree with this paragraph: "How much have we grown? And do we really need to feel that because our history and culture doesn't date back as far as some other parts of the world, that we haven't evolved and developed sufficiently to be regarded as a sovereign nation in our own right?"

Who doesn't consider Australia a sovereign nation in its own right, nor Canada, and so on? British policies and the like have not been enforced since 1901 and Australia is now a Commonwealth (which denotes independence), no longer a dominion.

You are right. I believe I have mentioned before that here from DK Australia, New Zealand and Canada are usually percieved as not adhering to a monarchy but instead they are put in the same catagory as republics, simply because they don't have resident royals.

Quote:

Anyway, that's just my opinion and all that really matters is that Mary represents Denmark and the DRF the best she can, which she certainly does!

Agree wholeheartedly.

(*) From a novel by Leif Panduro, where he skewerd the middle class in particular and pointed out the folly of keeping up a facade.

Muhler 12-27-2012 04:57 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2012.
Jeg vil være gravid nu - I want to become pregnant now.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Amber Petty, 42, is in a state of panic. Time has passed and she has no husband and no child. The biological clock is ticking and she has decided to have a child, preferably yesterday.
Now, what to do if you are not in a relationship? You get a sperm donor. In this case one of her exes, whom she still has a good relationship with. So far without any luck.

- This is not the first time I've read about Amber Petty being broody. Perhaps our Australian friends can tell us if there is more to this story?

Lady Rosie 12-27-2012 05:43 AM

I just did a google search and here is a link to Amber talking about having a baby with her ex:
Petty: Hatching a cunning plan to have a baby | adelaidenow

amberpetty.com.au has previous articles she has written on similar topics.

Personally I don't know what to think of it all so I won't comment. Just gave the links in case some were interested.

Muhler 05-24-2013 04:59 PM

I guess this is the most appropriate place to place this: Kronprinsesse Marys ridelærer brutalt overfaldet med hammer: De var ude efter mig - Krimi | www.bt.dk

I'll leave it to the mods to decide how relevant this serious story really is and whether it should remain here. I thought I would post it before other headlines may turn up.

It's about an assault with a hammer on a Hans Helmgaard Kristiansen. He is now committed to a hospital and the police is investigating the case as aggrivated assault. I.e. very serious premeditated violence with the clear intent of seriously harming someone.
He himself describes it as an attempt on his life and he believe it is payback for him telling about drug deals in the jet set. A drug factory in connection with the jet set was uncovered in 2011.

When Mary first came to DK, his then wife was a friend of Mary Donaldson, and as such he became her riding introctor and remained so for some years. (I believe it was Louise Rich, because her mother is a friend of QMII).
However, Hans Helmgaard Kristiansen apart from being a very competent riding instructor, is also a very controversial figure.
He has admitted to cruelty towards horses, in an attempt to make them jump higher over obstacles.
He has been quaranteed for altogether five years since the 1990's by the Danish Riding Association, for swindling with the ID papers of horses.
He is currently charged by the police in cases involving fraud with expensive cars and horse trailers. (There was a major razzia some time ago I remember).

All in all he is a questionable character, who is no longer Mary's riding instructor. I can imagine the court as well as PET has red-flagged him years ago and I cannot imagine Mary now has anything to do with him, especially as he is long divorced from the wife Mary knew.

Hannelore 11-07-2013 04:57 AM

Has someone read this week's Billedbladet? What is said about Helle?

BILLED-BLADET nr. 45 - 2013 smugkig

Muhler 11-07-2013 11:00 AM

:previous: Indeed.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2013.
Kærligheden førte til Gavnø - The road of love led to Gavnø.
Written by Henrik Salling.

It's basically a portrait of Helle Reedtz-Thott and her and her family's life at Gavnø Slot. (for location, see here: https://app.box.com/s/6dkvmx8abxohunxa0yfn). File is updated to S.
The Reedtz-Thott family has been living there since 1737.

Gavnø Slot (manor in this context) dates from at least 1231. The current main building is from 1402.
Helle met her husband Baron Otto Reedtz Thott seventeen years ago. Back then she was a lawyer specialising in commerce.

Keeping an eye on an estate like this is a full time job, including weekends, so when they relax they go away from the manor.

The living area of the manor is 4.000 square meters. (IRRC the living space at the mansion M&F live in at Amalienborg is around 2.500 Square meters). The grounds of the manor is around 2.500 hectares.
For the first three years Helle lived in Copenhagen and only went to Gavnø during weekends. But since then children have entered the picture and she has plenty to do keeping an eye on the estate and a foundation, just to mention two of her jobs in that connection.
A considerable part of the estate is open to the public and the proceeds barely cover the expences for maintanaince. - In short: It's not a goldmine.
Next year Otto Reedtz-Thott will turn 60 and Helle will turn 40. But there are no difinite plans in regards to celebrations yet.

They consider it a duty, but in regards to the family tradition as well as preserving a piece of national heritance to hand over the estate in the best possible condition to their children, but it will be expensive due to the rules regarding taxation here in DK.

- In short: Not much personal stuff but more a general picture of the estate an how it's being handled.

---------------------------

BB this week also has a short article about the Christmas events at Egeskov Slot, which in contrast to Gavnø is a castle complete with a moat.
Here the Ahlefeldts reside. Count and Countess Michael and Caroline Ahlefeldt.

Sun Lion 12-19-2013 12:49 AM

CP Mary's Friend Amber on TV Today.

Hi Everyone,

A hot, windy day here in Sydney - 4pm Thursday 19th - and school holidays have started, so kids on the loose everywhere.

Just threw myself down on the couch to recover from the crazy Christmas crowds in the city, and who should pop up on the telly, but CP Mary's friend, (original "best" friend), Amber Petty.

Looking fresh and pretty in summery aqua, with a light purple necklace and matching braclet, and with her long blonde hair loose.

Amber was in the "Chat Room" section of the Channel 9 afternoon news being asked her opinion on some of today's news topics - older women drinking more than younger women, lying on Facebook, husband and wives being "right" or happy in a marriage.

Segment took about ten minutes - live to air I guess.

Amber very relaxed and interesting - some laughs going on between her and the regular lady newsreader, and the other person on today's panel, an older gentleman.

Some info Amber passed on to everyone about herself during the discussion - she's currently single, has recently attended the boxing, and also the adult entertainment industry awards. :lol::lol::lol:

If you're a follower of Amber on her facebook, she has apparently posted these events there, and said they're some of the "weird" things she's done lately.

She also let us know the name of a friend, Jane Donovan, who's a relationship coach, who's advice she has been finding helpful.

Hope we get a bit more of her on the telly - better value than some of our more serious and "proper" TV ladies who always play the "politically correct" card.

She comes across as someone easy-going, who would be fun to be around.

(I don't normally watch this daily news show, so maybe Amber is a regular/semi-regular guest on it - don't know.)

Cheers, Sun Lion. :flowers:

P.S. Amber must be in Melbourne - filmed with Melbourne city in the background.

Muhler 12-19-2013 04:07 AM

Thanks, Sun Lion :flowers:
For your continuing coverage from Australia.

Please keep your reports coming. Just as a basic understanding of Danish culture and goings on is a necessity to understand Mary, her husband and the DRF and thereby her current life, for those who don't live in DK.
Just as necessary is it to have a basic understanding of the Australian mindset and Mary's cultural background for us.

And equally important you have the finger on the pulse in regards to what the Aussie media is saying and what people on the street say, think and believe.

So if you and your fellow Australians think "Nah, that's won't interest anyone", well, then you are mistaken. :smile:

Lady Rosie 12-21-2013 05:55 PM

Thank you Muhler! There have been many of those moments when I have thought just that. Will bear that in mind next time something noteworthy comes up.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Sun Lion 01-09-2014 03:03 AM

Caught Amber on Telly Again Today -Must Be Regular Gig.

Hi All,

Thursday 9th January already and I'm sitting in the car waiting to drive onboard the boat to cross Bass Strait and head back home - bye, bye lovely Tasmania.

Sitting with my mother and sister this afternoon with the TV on, and Amber Petty - best friend of CP Mary - was on again, giving her opinions of today's hot topics.

Amber looked like someone who wears her heart on her sleeve.

Today's topics covered online ethics - where apparently GPs are googling their patients for background information - a new mother posting her birthing photos on twitter, people keeping secret bank accounts their partners don't know about and educators proposing children not be forced to kiss their elderly relatives.

Went for about twenty minutes.

Looks like Amber is a regular -Channel 9, 4.00pm weekdays, for any interested Aussies - so I may set up the recorder and see more.

Nice job Amber - good for you.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :flowers:

Sun Lion 01-30-2014 12:52 AM

Another Thursday Another Amber TV Appearance

Hi Again Everyone,

Perhaps Thursdays - (once a month?) - is Amber's day to join Channel 9's afternoon news show's "Chat Room", as she is on telly again.

Soft pink summery sleeveless dress with her hair pinned back on one side with what looks like a feather clip.

Having a good time with the other two speakers and covering such topics as working in your dream job, New Zealand pushing to change it's flag to look less like Australia's, Justin Bieber's current situation and the over 50s being desperate to get their grown children out of the family home so they can pursue their travel desires.

Amber related a story from her primary school days of being dropped off one morning before anyone else had arrived - with a bag of jelly beans - so her parent could fly off to Bali with a partner.

She also related that she was asked to give up her schooling at the end of year eleven as she was "absolutely usless" at it, but ended up in a dream job when she took up breakfast radio at the age of thirty eight, that up until that time she thought was "for other people", not her.

(She now has a different mentality, one of "just go for it".)

Good Luck Amber, always fun to see you,

Bye Everyone, Sun Lion.

Sun Lion 02-13-2014 02:04 AM

Very Tough Topic For Amber On TV Today.

Hi Again,

Thursday in Australia and CP Mary's friend Amber Petty was on the late afternoon news show again, but with a very tough first topic about a crime here.

I suppose the topics are meant to reflect what the general population is discussing at the moment, but I think it was a very difficult subject to have to talk about on national television.

Amber did well and brought up some points regarding mental health problems and how we deal with it here, but a very heavy subject.

The other three items were much more light-hearted and brought out some laughs amongst the three panelists, with Amber being able to have a friendly joke on the gentleman present -during a discussion regarding new research that women really do want taller men.

Other subjects were a large family having their sixteenth baby - not for Amber, she "really likes quiet and her own space"- and the UK report of the parent wanting their child to attend private school in order to marry well and not need to work.

Amber more casually dressed today in a purple singlet top, with clear leaf-shaped ear-rings, red nails and rings.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

marfre 02-13-2014 05:08 AM

Hi Sun Lion, Thanks for posting I have seen Amber a couple of times, she seems a very friendly and likeable person.

Sun Lion 02-14-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marfre (Post 1640652)

Hi Sun Lion, Thanks for posting I have seen Amber a couple of times, she seems a very friendly and likeable person.

Hi marfe,

You're in Antarctica! - Wow!

Maybe then you're familiar with CP Mary's hometown of Hobart as so many of the expeditions to the frozen continent leave from there.

I once bunked in a house just underneath Mt Wellington in Hobart while the owner was down in Antartica - can't remember his name now though - arranged through one of my husband's cousins.

Yes, Amber strikes me as speaking from her "real"' self - not one of the polished/plastic ladies, very popular though they are, being politically correct all the time.

Nice to see someone just be natural and ready with a smile and a joke - who doesn't mind "letting the cat out of the bag" about herself from time to time.

Best Wishes to you at the bottom of the world,

Sun Lion.

Sun Lion 03-13-2014 05:30 AM

It's Thursday ... It's Amber...

...Looking very glam with a high ponytail hairstyle, and 50's cherry-printed halter-neck outfit, Amber was back on TV today discussing various topics -

- the dangers of one alcoholic drink for over fifty-five year old drivers, the busyness of today's children, would you admit to not liking your friend's partner and why can't our politicians laugh at themselves.

Amber made some good points, but didn't get to talk about the final topic - the panel ran out of time!

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Sun Lion 03-27-2014 02:13 AM

Amber "Star-Spotted" This Week...And Another TV Appearance.

Thursday in Australia, and Ms Amber Petty now seems to be back in Melbourne for her regular Channel 9 TV appearance.

(Amber got a photo in the newspaper earlier in the week - Monday I think - as she was "star-spotted" by a member of the general public, waiting for a taxi at Sydney airport on Saturday night.)

With her long, blonde hair over one shoulder, and clipped behind her ear on the other side, Amber was teamed up with a gentleman who she regularly partners on the panel.

This time he had to be cut off before giving an opinion on the final segment - seems like they need to cut down the number of topics, or expand the time allowance.

A round-necked, sleeveless red dress with black polka dots on the upper, lighter fabric section, a fine silver necklace and several rings across both hands that caught the studio lights - Amber often uses her hands when expressing herself.

Topics were the UK's schools contraception programme, North Korea's new hair-cut law, remembering people's names when introduced at parties and women's shopping.

Amber mentioned she admires former President Bill Clinton's method of concentrating on the person in front of him, and how after being on Adelaide radio, and having to attend functions where she had to meet many listeners, she has learnt to "be present in that moment" when introduced to someone and how much better that works.

Nice to see Amber's profile is high enough in Australia now that CP Mary and being a Royal Bridesmaid, Best Friend etc. is never mentioned.

Best Wishes All,

Sun Lion.

P.S. Amber also said she's put on a bit of weight - but I thought she looked like she's been working out!

Sun Lion 04-10-2014 02:24 AM

Amber Day Again.

Gosh Amber looks lovely today - I'm watching the news live, waiting to see some Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in New Zealand updates - and "Chat Room" is on.

Amber is wearing a really striking sapphire/peacock, jewel blue, long sleeved blouse with her blonde, blonde long hair down both shoulders.

Topics covered today were a book released by an Oz politician, (which was the front page of most of our state newspapers today), Florence Henderson, adults being addicted to technology, and a video-taped real-life wedding save the date trailer.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Amber is always introduced as a columnist for the Adelaide "Advertiser", but broadcasts from Melbourne.

PP.S. And it's books for Amber, not Kindle.

Sun Lion 04-17-2014 03:10 AM

Amber On TV Again Today.

Amber, wearing pretty pale peach, was presented with the topic of the ''Nappy Nomads'' - of which little Prince George is now classed as a member - globe-trotting babies.

Anyone travelling with a baby has Amber's understanding - she had to travel a lot herself when young.

Other topics today were the UK's youngest teenage parents, young people being embarassed by their parents on social media and guilty secrets.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Al_bina 05-15-2014 11:00 AM

Princess Mary and Prince Frederick's bridesmaid Amber Petty shock at still being single as pair celebrates 10 years of marriage | Mail Online
Quote:

She might have been a bridesmaid at Princess Mary's fairytale wedding to Denmark's Crown Prince Frederick in 2004.

But Amber Petty is still waiting to find her own version of Prince Charming.

Single but ready to mingle, the Sydney socialite told Seven's The Morning Show that looking at portraits of Princess Mary and her picture-perfect children is a bittersweet experience for her.
I find Ms Petty's behaviour and comments perplexing.

Archduchess Zelia 05-15-2014 01:24 PM

I honestly don't understand why Amber Petty feels the need to continuously talk to the press about Mary, Frederik and the children. It's like she's living her life through Mary - commenting on her every move.

JessRulz 05-15-2014 08:27 PM

Because without Mary, no one would know who Amber Petty is? Even with the Mary connection, you would be hard pressed to find someone randomly on the street who knew who she was (maybe in Adelaide some would).

Sun Lion 05-18-2014 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1665291)

You had me worried there for a second Al_bina.

I've just checked out the clip from Channel Seven's "The Morning Show" online and it's ok - that's just good old Aussie humour on display.

Nothing in Amber's behaviour, or comments, that isn't commonplace amongst people here - self-deprecating humour is an Australian trait. You've just seen an example of it.

(I'm assuming you've got to see the actual TV clip.)

Good light-hearted fun. (Hence the head in the hands etc.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia (Post 1665320)
I honestly don't understand why Amber Petty feels the need to continuously talk to the press about Mary, Frederik and the children. It's like she's living her life through Mary - commenting on her every move.

I guess in this instance Amber was responding to her co-workers on "The Morning Show" - who naturally enough brought up the Crown Prince Couple's Tenth Wedding Anniversary.

Amber is on this Channel Seven TV show regularly - which broadcasts nationally - as well as appearing on competitor Channel Nine's News show Chat Room - again nationally I think, (I've caught it in other states).

As well as her newspaper columns and radio broadcasting, this is the first time I've heard her talk about the Danish Royals - not that I keep up with everything Amber does, there's too much.

I think CP Mary's sister-in-law Leanne is quoted by the women's magazines about CP Mary more than anyone. Fellow poster Lady Rosie has some quotes from her just recently.

Amber didn't talk to the press - the press picked up a fifteen second or so, couple of comments broadcast on one of her regular TV appearances, and got a story out of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1665427)

Because without Mary, no one would know who Amber Petty is? Even with the Mary connection, you would be hard pressed to find someone randomly on the street who knew who she was (maybe in Adelaide some would).

That's true of course JessRulz, but equally no-one would know who Mary is without the Frederik connection, and also no-one - in Australia at least - would know who Frederik is without the Mary connection too.

I've got the newspaper article that polyesco scanned last week, and it's a wonderfully positive report from one of only three Australian journalists permitted to attend the wedding ten years ago - but, the line "every tin-pot royal you've never, (note "never", not ever), heard of before" - about the European Royals attending is used.

Frederik would have been in the description without Mary.

Muhler 05-27-2014 12:53 PM

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Where a Marianne Gram would like to know who Mary's closest friend is.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies, that part from her two sisters, he would definetely put Amber Petty, Caroline Heering and Helle Reedtz-Thott among Mary's very best friends.

But Malou Skeel, Julie Mølsgaard, Birgitte Handwerk, Ellen Hillingsøe and Sofie Kirk Kristiansen are also among her close friends.

Nordic 05-27-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1668770)
Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Where a Marianne Gram would like to know who Mary's closest friend is.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies, that part from her two sisters, he would definetely put Amber Petty, Caroline Heering and Helle Reedtz-Thott among Mary's very best friends.

But Malou Skeel, Julie Mølsgaard, Birgitte Handwerk, Ellen Hillingsøe and Sofie Kirk Kristiansen are also among her close friends.

I would put Caroline Heering, Birgitte Handwerk and Malou Skeel in the top, if I had to bet. With Julie Mølsgaard pretty close.
How close she is to Amber, who lives at the opposite side of the world, is impossible to know.

Sun Lion 12-23-2014 01:16 AM

You will all remember the birthday party held in Adelaide for CP Mary's friend Amber Petty, back in August 2010.

I'm in Adelaide at the moment, and thought I would Google Earth the locations from that time - the nightclub used for the party, Amber's apartment where photos were taken of CP Mary arriving and leaving, and the cafe where photos where taken one afternoon - in case I drove passed while I'm here.

(And it was not that hard to find those places from the available photos from that time.)

But, what a small world it can be.

I have come across a local newspaper article from that time, quoting a party guest who was "practising her curtsy for Mary" and who was "planning on just nodding and smiling the whole night".

Who was that party guest?

One of the two Australian radio personalities involved in the Duke and Duchess of Cambrige "Royal Prank" of the time the Duchess was in hospital with HG, and the sad outcome of all that followed.

(And if you're interested, the locations were -

Wakefield St - where CP Mary met up with Amber and her little dog, and where she was photographed leaving from, to fly back to Melbourne.

The boutique hotel "Adabco" - next door - where CP Mary's security people stayed.

The "Chianti Classico" where the resturant photos where taken - corner of Hutt and Carrington Sts.

And of course "The Promethean" where the party itself was held - in Grote St, which is the same street as Wakefield - one end called Grote, the other end called Wakefield.)

Duke of Marmalade 04-06-2015 02:50 AM

Princess Mary's close friend Danish model Caroline Fleming to star in second series of reality show dubbed 'the biggest celebrity catfight ever caught on camera' | Daily Mail Online

Marengo 04-06-2015 04:15 AM

How terribly vulgar. Why on earth would she do that? She must be wealthy as she received an enormous sum from her ex-husband when she dumped him after only a few years of marriage. Just a wish to become famous? Not an uncommon wish for a teenager maybe, but a bit sad for an adult. Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).

Muhler 04-06-2015 04:36 AM

Poor judgement I'd say, but we all make silly decisions in our lives.

Perhaps she lost a bet or she's reached the "panic-age" and at that age people can do silly things.

Nordic 04-06-2015 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1765335)
Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).

She has been invited to some private events but I don't know about "court functions". I've never had the impression that she is particularly close to Mary and Frederik. Could be wrong, of course.

Muhler 06-11-2015 03:03 PM

Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110614162407

Rudolph 08-04-2015 12:56 PM

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 6 mins6 minutes ago
housewives of London trailer and all about the players:
Ladies Of London Season 2 Premieres September 7th! Meet The Newbies And Watch The Trailer! - Reality Tea

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 9 mins9 minutes ago
Crown Princess Mary is Carolyn Flemming's daughter's god mother..

Zoe Thinks ‏@ZoeThinks 9 mins9 minutes ago
Holy crap: Crown Princess Mary's friend Carolyn Flemming is going to be on Ladies of London (a Bravo Housewife show) coming soon.

Tarlita 08-04-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1789082)
Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110614162407

Isn't it just Murphy's Law that the most important [or one of] phone call for your future should come while you are least ready to receive it. Such as being on a bike!!

Mr Society 03-08-2017 07:40 AM

Princess Mary's best friend Kylie Matthews is now a residential property developer in Sydney.
https://youtu.be/0a3YOXzofYo

jdd 03-21-2017 08:47 PM

Hmm Kylie's trying very hard to speak well ... and has the local lisp and upward intonation at the end of the sentence ... depicted so colourfully by our friends from Kath and Kim fame, here parodying the hard life of the Aussie middle class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gedPy6DjwEk

and here they are at the other end of the spectrum, demonstrating true Aussie kultcha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73RyJA1RDQA

Muhler 10-14-2017 01:32 AM

https://www.bt.dk/danmark/klar-laest...-er-bekymrende

Even though Caroline Fleming don't belong to the inner circles of friends around M&F - not anymore that is - I'll place this here.
The economy in regards to her manor, Valdemars Slot is "worrying". It's actually pretty bad!
The whole thing revolves around an "expected loan". If that loan does not materialize the manor is no longer solvent.
And there seems to be no plans for what to do next...

As always, keep in mind that her personal fortune and that of the manor, may not be intertwined.

Hannelore 10-14-2017 03:16 AM

What makes you say she isn't a close friend of Mary's anymore, Muhler? I remember them going for drinks together a few years ago and Mary being godmother to her daughter...

Muhler 10-15-2017 11:37 AM

The inner circle of friends are those who are specifically named as close friends of M&F, but also people who mentioned when ever there is a private gettogether with M&F.
The Heerings, for example, are mentioned constantly in that context.

Caroline Fleming, not that much. Certainly no longer.

Muhler 10-18-2017 11:26 AM

Update on Caroline Fleming's economy, or rather the economy behind her home, Valdemars Slot: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/laekkede-d...poster-penge-i

Without going into too many details, there is a large debt, way more than what the place is worth and there is a big minus in the capital behind the manor as well.
In short: the debt and deficit is larger than the money than can be raised. - Unless someone pump money into the place, and that is what has happened and now it has emerged who.

It's the Fleming family. Caroline Fleming used to be married to Rory Fleming, a nephew to the author of James Bond.
They have two children and so far their son, Alexander, is planned to be the one who will take over the place.
That may very well be the reason why they have injected so much money into the manor.

But... But there is a strong disagreement between the board behind the manor and Caroline Fleming herself and her father Niels Iuel-Brockdorff about what to do to improve the finances of the place and raise a capital. So nothing has been done, and in the meantime the debt grows larger.

- So unless Caroline Fleming and her family can raise enough funds, the Fleming family and the other creditors will soon be able to dictate what is going to happen, and since the Fleming family are by far the biggest creditors the manor may pass to them. That is to Alexander Fleming.

You can read more about Valdemars Slot here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1994687

Muhler 03-19-2018 02:52 PM

These are bad days for Mary: https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinses...-er-gaaet-bort

First her father-in-law died and now one of her closest friends in DK has died as well.

Juliane Meulengracht Bang has died from cancer at the age of 54. She was married to Peter Bang.
Juliane Meulengracht Bang was a co-founder of the Mary Foundation and she and Mary knew each other from back when Mary first came to DK.

Juliane Meulengracht Bang was also founder of OvaCure, aimed at reserach into ovarian cancer, which ended up killing her.
Apart from that she sat in the board for the Maternity Foundation, for which Mary is patron.

In 2006 she married Peter Bang, a very wealthy IT millionaire. They had two children and by all accounts they had a happy marriage.

The author of several books about the DRF, Søren Jacobsen, says: "She was among the first friends Mary had in Denmark, ad I'll say thet she was among the five closest (female) friends of Mary".
Hun var blandt de tidligste veninder som Mary fik i Danmark, og jeg vil mene, at hun var blandt de fem nærmeste veninder af Mary

Juliane Meulengracht Bang will be buried tomorrow from Esajas Church.

polyesco 03-20-2018 11:59 AM

:previous: Frederik and Mary with Christian have attended the funeral today
https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/mary...evaedet-farvel

iceflower 03-20-2018 05:29 PM

Here are more photos of Frederik, Mary and Christian at the funeral of Juliane Meulengracht Bang:

** profimedia gallery **

Somebody 03-20-2018 05:53 PM

It is quite telling that Christian is at the funeral as well. Clearly, Juliane was not only close to Mary but also to the rest of the family.

carlota 03-20-2018 07:04 PM

how sad that she fought against ovarian cancer which was the cause of her death. did she get involved with this cause before or after having been diagnosed?

Muhler 03-20-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 2084199)
how sad that she fought against ovarian cancer which was the cause of her death. did she get involved with this cause before or after having been diagnosed?

The BT article says after she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Somebody 03-20-2018 08:15 PM

Which is normally the case, Prince Bernhard for example started Lymph & Co after he was diagnosed with (and recovered from) non-hodgkin lymphoma.

However, it is a hard truth that she died at this early age.

JR76 03-20-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2084237)
Which is normally the case, Prince Bernhard for example started Lymph & Co after he was diagnosed with (and recovered from) non-hodgkin lymphoma.

However, it is a hard truth that she died at this early age.

Queen Silvia started her by now tremendously important work with the care of Alzheimer patients after her mother got sick.