The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-prince-frederik-current-events-3-september-2010-may-2013-a-28751.html)

JessRulz 09-27-2010 12:15 PM

Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

Welcome to Crown Prince Frederik's Current Events Part 3 where you can post current news, articles, picture links, and comments about Frederik's activities.

Have a look at the TRF Rules
before posting:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
You can read the old topic, Part 2, here.

Happy posting!

dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
The Danish Moderating Team

dazzling 09-28-2010 04:30 AM

BB has a mini article & a funny picture gallery of Frederik at the Holte Skiklubb DM rulleski on Rude Farm Stadium on September 26, 2010.

Billed-Bladet - Kronprins Frederik er en ægte actionman

iceflower 10-09-2010 12:48 PM

Crown Prince Frederik attended the inauguration of Queen Ingrid's
glockenspiel at Sankt Gertruds church in Grena, October 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

stellam 10-10-2010 03:35 AM

Was hoping that Mary would make a surprise visit with Fred at this event.

Lumutqueen 10-10-2010 05:04 AM

Seems to have trimmed his beard a bit, and yes for this event I was hoping to see either Mary or Margrethe.

Marika86 10-10-2010 09:22 AM

Crown Prince Frederik is present at inauguration of Queen Ingrid's Bells of St. Gertrude's Church, Grenaa. October 09, 2010

Video:

TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

Marika86 10-14-2010 04:12 AM

Crown Prince Frederik receiving donations from the Tuborgfondet to Dansk Idraes-forbund in Valby. October 13, 2010

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...rch=13-10-2010 Valby

Terri Terri 10-14-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1147164)

Ooops! Don't know what happened - I could see them previously!:lol:
This is the link Polfoto - Når ord ikke er nok ...
Click on "photographers" at the top of the page; Choose the letter "K" and photographer KHAN, TARIQ MIKKEL
The photos are on his page

Anne83 10-14-2010 05:36 PM

This guy is bored to death Watching him while he's on duty makes me sleepy Why don't they let him go sailing or partying every single day ? Royal duties are so boring I so pity him

Blackadder 10-14-2010 05:54 PM

When I saw the thumbnails of the pictures I thought it was Ari Behn. :confused: :lol:

Lumutqueen 10-14-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne83 (Post 1147511)
Why don't they let him go sailing or partying every single day ? Royal duties are so boring I so pity him

Because then he would be seen as a rather bad Crown Prince.

Lumutqueen 10-15-2010 03:38 PM

Not all Royal Duties are boring, some "have to be done" like the State Open of Parliament, and even the Queen falls asleep at that. But you can usually see that most royals chose to do engagements that they are more comfortable with. For instance Frederik and his sailing, Mary and her passion for Heart Disease.

Frederik hasn't been a party boy for a long time, and he had enough trouble with partying when he was younger.

Blackadder 10-15-2010 03:43 PM

What do you mean by that ' he had enough trouble'?

Lumutqueen 10-15-2010 04:07 PM

"That's so boring"

How can you say that?

Blackadder 10-15-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1147882)
Frederik hasn't been a party boy for a long time, and he had enough trouble with partying when he was younger.

Lumutqueen, I hope you don't mind if I ask you again. But what did you mean by that? Enough trouble??

Anne83 10-15-2010 04:21 PM

How can I say that ? What do you think I find boring ? Not Mary's involvement in the Danish Heart Association of course

Lumutqueen 10-15-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackadder (Post 1147900)
Lumutqueen, I hope you don't mind if I ask you again. But what did you mean by that? Enough trouble??

Frederik earned his name The Playboy Prince when he was younger, he partied hard from what i've looked at and seen. But he grew up around the 2000 mark. :smile:
And ask again, I didn't realise you had asked before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne83 (Post 1147905)
How can I say that ? What do you think I find boring ? Not Mary's involvement in the Danish Heart Association of course

Well I explained why Mary is involved with the Danish Heart Association and you say "Gosh, that's so boring" I was slightly confused.

Anne83 10-15-2010 04:28 PM

I understand this We're fine now More messages of support and admiration coming I'll be right back

Blackadder 10-15-2010 05:10 PM

Thank you, Lumutqueen! :flowers: Yes, I asked on page 1, but it doesn't matter.

Commonconsort 10-15-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1147882)
Not all Royal Duties are boring, some "have to be done" like the State Open of Parliament, and even the Queen falls asleep at that. But you can usually see that most royals chose to do engagements that they are more comfortable with. For instance Frederik and his sailing, Mary and her passion for Heart Disease.

Frederik has his sailing and Mary has her shopping.........neither of which are Royal Duties.......

marfre 10-16-2010 12:26 AM

Uncalled for comments I agree, however I recently read an article regarding people seeing others negatively I found it quite interesting.

A recent study in the US by Prof Dustin Wood, found that people that described another person in a positive light shows how satisfied they are with their own life.
In contrast a negative perception of others are linked to higher levels of narcississm and anti social behaviour." The tendency to see people negatively indicates a greater likelihood of depression and personality disorders"

The study was in the Journal of Personality and Social Behaviour.

dee4855 10-16-2010 12:33 AM

Thank you marfre I agree totally. I am just tired of all the garbage being spewed around. The ones about the children are the ones that trouble me the most.

UserDane 10-16-2010 03:30 AM

Thank you for the explanation Marfre. That certainly explains a number of rather common nature in this thread ;) I suppose we should just feel pity where pity is due!

iceflower 10-16-2010 03:40 AM

Let's get back to the topic, CP Frederik's current events!

Lumutqueen 10-16-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commonconsort (Post 1148010)
Frederik has his sailing and Mary has her shopping.........neither of which are Royal Duties.......

Frederik has patronages that cover his love of sailing, and Mary has patronages that cover shopping.
When they shop or sail for personal use, it is in there own time and does not clash with royal duties.
Plus I never said anything about shopping for Mary, so why quote my post?

Terri Terri 10-16-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marika86 (Post 1147229)
Crown Prince Frederik receiving donations from the Tuborgfondet to Dansk Idraes-forbund in Valby. October 13, 2010

PPE Agency Valby

So moving on....:lol:

Billed Bladet's article for this event with a nice photo gallery showing CP Frederik's joyful participation in a Danish sporting event. The Prime Minister of Denmark also participated in the bicycling event.
Billed-Bladet - Danmarks sportsprins modtog 4,5 millioner kroner

Muhler 11-02-2010 08:12 AM

Frederik has named a new frigate today. In the Odense Staalskibsvaerft on the island of Funen.

A bit of info from Fyens Stiftstidende: https://www.fyens.dk/article/1720303:Busine...-foerste-fregat
https://www.fyens.dk/article/1720958:Busine...-fregatten-navn

Frederik unveiled the name of the new frigate, Iver Huitfeldt. And as this is the first of three new frigates, this class will be known as the Iver Huitfeldt class.
At the same time her coat of arms was unveiled as well. All the coat of arms on the navy ships are approved by Queen Margrethe.
In keeping with an old tradition the largest and most powerful ships in the Danish navy are named after naval heroes.

The building of these three frigates is a part of the ongoing transition of the Danish military, this time the navy, from national defence to operating far away from home.
A typical mission for a ship of the Iver Huitfeldt class could be enforcing a naval blocade or hunting for pirates off the coast of Africa, which is indeed what the Danish is supposed to aid African nations in doing in the next few years. Mainly in helping to build up a local and efficient coast guard but also in preventing pirate attacks in international waters. Currently about 10 % of the world's commercial shipping originate in some way or another in Denmark.
The problem with pirate hunting as seen off Somalia, is that it has a limited effect. Unless the pirates are caught redhanded, there actually very little the various nations warships can, or rather is allowed to, do. They sink the odd mothership from time to time, but most suspected pirates are turned lose again, because it's too much trouble to try them at a court.
The local coast guard (from Somaliland) is much more feared and basically much more efficient, but their resources are hopelessly limited.
Unless the warships are allowed to take much more firm action, they are, in my opinion, basically little more than armed cruise ships. But few politicians are willing to take on that responsibillity.
Supporting a local coast guard with money and equipment would be much cheaper and, alas, much more efficient.

Marika86 11-02-2010 12:10 PM

Crown Prince gave new frigate name on 02. November 2010

Kronprinsen gav ny fregat navn - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

https://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2010/11/02/141449.htm

dazzling 11-03-2010 10:03 AM

Denmarks Crown Prince Frederik at the Lindø Shipyard Tuesday November 2, 2010 at the naming og a new Danish Fregate.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ANP

UserDane 11-03-2010 06:48 PM

According to BT online, Frederik will represent the royal family on Friday, at the burial of one of the fathers of the Greenlandic home rule, Jonathan Motzfeldt. At the same time, a memorial service will be held for the well-known Greenlandic politician in Copenhagen where queen Margrethe will be present.

Link to article in BT: Frederik deltager i Motzfeldts begravelse - Danmark - BT.dk

Aotearoagal 11-05-2010 03:09 AM

Here's a short clip of Fred launching the vessel.

Kronprins i sømandstøj døber fregat - BT TV - BT.dk

Tell me, is he actually naming it? I thought that was an honour usually reserved for ladies, or is that only civilian vessels?

Muhler 11-05-2010 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aotearoagal (Post 1155639)
Here's a short clip of Fred launching the vessel.

Kronprins i sømandstøj døber fregat - BT TV - BT.dk

Tell me, is he actually naming it? I thought that was an honour usually reserved for ladies, or is that only civilian vessels?

The name of the frigate has been known for some time now.

Frederik was only unveiling her name-sign and coat of arms.

iceflower 11-06-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1155147)
According to BT online, Frederik will represent the royal family on Friday, at the burial of one of the fathers of the Greenlandic home rule, Jonathan Motzfeldt. At the same time, a memorial service will be held for the well-known Greenlandic politician in Copenhagen where queen Margrethe will be present.

Link to article in BT: Frederik deltager i Motzfeldts begravelse - Danmark - BT.dk

Here are the pics of it:

Crown Prince Frederik attending Jonathan Motzfeld's funeral in Greenland, November 5, 2010:

** ppe gallery **

Lumutqueen 11-06-2010 02:03 PM

I have to say, I like the fact he's not dressed in black.

Harold 11-07-2010 09:50 AM

He's wearing his medals on a sweatshirt?

Sternchen 11-07-2010 09:53 AM

It is not a sweatshirt. It is part of the national greenlandic dress!

Muhler 11-07-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1156430)
It is not a sweatshirt. It is part of the national greenlandic dress!

Correct. An anorak.

They were popular as cold weather clothing in the 50 and 60's. Perhaps you remember them? I had a blue one as a small child.

Sternchen 11-07-2010 10:26 AM

They were also very popular in the 70s and 80s :)

UserDane 11-07-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 1156425)
He's wearing his medals on a sweatshirt?

And here is a link to a picture of the late Jonathan Motzfeldt wearing his national dress with medals at Mary and Frederik's wedding - Færinger usynlige ved royalt bryllup - Royale - BT.dk

Harold 11-07-2010 05:24 PM

Oops. No offense intended. It just looked like a sweatshirt to me. I'll call my eye doctor tomorrow!

UserDane 11-07-2010 05:46 PM

You're not the first one who have wondered about this dress if it's any consolation ;)

Aotearoagal 11-08-2010 06:03 AM

Frederik is looking trim. White is generally a fattening "colour" in clothes, but there's no sign of the little "indulgence" tummy Fred sports from time to time ...

Muhler 11-11-2010 10:34 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2010.
Frederiks sidste farvel - Frederik's last goodbye.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Frederik went to Greenland last friday to represent the DRF at the funeral of the Greenlandic politician, Jonathan Motzfeldt. Who, despite personal issues, has been a key figure in the politics in Greenland for many years.
Frederik has met Jonathan Motzfeldt many times.

And this Friday, at 13.00, on a rainy and windy day with the temperature just above freezing, Frederik stood beside the chairman of the Greenlandic Parliament, Kuupik Kleist, who wept inconsolably.
The funeral took place from Hans Egede (*) Church in Nuuk. (**) At the same time Queen Margrethe attended a memorial service in Copenhagen.
It was a solomn affair and Frederik, who had to wear a coat over his Greenlandic gala-anorak also cried.

(*) Hans Egede was a Danish priest who went to Greenland in the 1700's and he is credited for being instrumental in Christening the Greenlanders. The church has an important role in Greenland.

(**) Nuuk is the capital, located on the western coast of Greenland. Western Greenland is much more densely populated (the population of Greenland amounts to 55-60.000 in total) than Eastern Greenland, due to the Gulf Stream. While you can find towns and villages all along the west coast. There are only a few villages, a handful of scientific stations and Sirius patrols along the entire east coat.

Muhler 11-22-2010 07:33 AM

Okay, try not to fall asleep while reading this... :tongue: It's hardly the most interesting topic.

Frederik has today been appointed Årets Fjernvarmedansker = something like the Central Heating Dane of the Year.

Sådan blev kronprinsen Årets Fjernvarmedansker - Danmark

He got the title because he threw out the ancient heating system in the newly renovated palais and exchanged it with a central heating system, where the heat now comes from a heating plant somewhere.

For the consumer central heating or should I say district heating may not be the cheapest option, but for the society as a whole it is more economically and environmentally sound rather than a lot of individual boilers.
Now, Frederik is in the pretty unique situation that he has to heat up an entire palais and he chose central heating, thus creating more awareness to that option. - I personally had no idea how the palais was heated. Now I know but it's still too expensive to exchange our boiler for central heating.

As a part of the renovation the heating was not only switched to an outside supplier, Copenhagen Energy, but the palais itself was modernized in regards to utillizing heat, and thus energy, in the most efficient way possible. (Hardly a novelty in itself, as anyone who renovate their homes do something similar. Anything else would be way too expensive, considering the fuel prizes). F&M now save 17% of their heat consumption in their new palais.

:sleep: Sorry, dosed off. Did anyone get this far? :whistling:

Tilla 11-22-2010 02:45 PM

real suspense

Lumutqueen 11-22-2010 03:16 PM

Sounds like a wonderful title to have. ;)

iceflower 11-23-2010 05:54 AM

Here are some pics of the above mentioned event:

Crown Prince Frederik is named the 'District Heating Dane of the Year' by the
Danish District Heating Association at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen,
November 22, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

During his trip to Athen two weeks ago ( he attended the Rolex World Sailor of the
Year Awards there), Frederik also met with members of the Greek royal family:

** Kronprins Frederik til fest med den græske familie **

And today, November 23, Crown Prince Frederik hosted the Royal Rifle Hunt at
the Soro Academy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

lyndaW 11-23-2010 01:21 PM

When is their big moving day in to their newly renovated Palace?

Roskilde 11-23-2010 01:47 PM

More pics from today :smile:

Kronprins skyder med skarpt - sn.dk - Sjællands Nyheder - Lokal - Sorø

Frederik's good friend, Peter Heering, is back from Afghanistan... Isn't it him in picture 11 ?

antonieta 11-23-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1165315)

Frederik's good friend, Peter Heering, is back from Afghanistan... Isn't it him in picture 11 ?

Yes he is.

Muhler 11-23-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1165315)

It is.

All who serve abroad are granted a leave home, at some point during their six months tour of duty.

Lumutqueen 11-23-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 1165298)
When is their big moving day in to their newly renovated Palace?

I believe, they have already moved.

Muhler 11-25-2010 01:50 PM

Grants from the Lassen Foundation were handed out at Amalienborg Wednesday: Anders Lassen legatet uddelt

The grant is handed out to servicemen or their relatives.

This year the grants were handed out to:

First lieutenant Anne-Cathrine Riebinitzsky, who her work with local women in Afghanistan.
Professional private Jesper Aagaard Nielsen, who lost both his legs in Afghanistan.
Major/cunsultant Finn Warburg, for his work in helping wounded soldiers.

Crown Prince Frederik handed out the grants and took the three recipients on a guided tour of the new palais. After that there was lunch, which Jesper Aagaard Nielsen could not attend as he was to go to a sports seminar for wounded soldiers.

Also present was Nikolai Moltke-Leth, a former army sepcial forces soldier, who is now instrumental in the Foundation.

iceflower 11-28-2010 04:41 AM

Yesterday evening, November 27, 2010, Crown Prince Frederik attended the
gala concert "Voices from Vollsmose" at the Concert Hall in Odense.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** fyens.dk: Sange fra Vollsmose ** fyens.dk gallery ** ppe gallery **

iceflower 11-30-2010 11:47 AM

Crown Prince Frederik has once more visited the troops in Afghanistan.
His visit to the Helmand province has been kept secret for security
reasons. The ministers of defence and foreign affairs have been with
him.

** Frederik har igen været i Afghanistan ** google translation **

Muhler 11-30-2010 02:06 PM

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

The newspaper Jyllands Posten has some additional info on the background of the visit: Politifolk i Helmand er for ringe

Apart from naturally encouraging the troops, the purpose of the visit was also to get a first hand assessment of the training of the local Afghan police. Which unfortunately isn't going well.
The police is plaqued with problems stemming from low morale, low pay, poor equipment, corruption, low status, very inadequate training and not least widespread drug abuse.

Afghan troops are now embedded with the Danish battallion and things are slowly improving. But the police....

The Danish battallion has been stationed in the Helmand province for several years and according to the regular updates from the Army Operation Command (HOK) there are daily clashes with the Taliban.
So far 39 Danish soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan.
The current government do not plan to withdraw Danish combat troops until 2014.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1168426)

Crown Prince Frederik has once more visited the troops in Afghanistan.
His visit to the Helmand province has been kept secret for security
reasons. The ministers of defence and foreign affairs have been with
him.

** Frederik har igen været i Afghanistan ** google translation **

Marika86 12-01-2010 04:24 AM

Crown Prince Frederik visits "Science Talenter" on November 23

KONGELIGT BESØG

Crown Prince Frederik handed the Anders Lassen Foundation Awards on November 24:

Article and photos: https://forsvaret.dk/FKO/Nyt%20og%20P...tetuddelt.aspx
https://translate.googleusercontent.c...TkHmLvHyKBIm8g

Muhler 12-01-2010 09:13 AM

And we have this account from HOK the Army Operational Command Kronprinsen og to ministre på besøg i Afghanistan

About Frederik's visit to Afghanistan.

Most of the pictures released so far are of his visit to the tank squadron from the Jutland Dragoon Regiment, which most of the time operate away from the Danish main force, which is located in the noth of the Helmand province, in the Upper Geresk Valley and in the town of Geresk.

The tanks operate mainly in support of Afghan, British and American troops. And the operate mainly further south, where the terrain is better suited for tanks. (*)

The darkhaired lady often seen next to Frederik is Minister of Defence, Gitte Lillelund Bech.

They also visited a YMCA in Camp Price. In this camp, Frederik gave a very personal speech and thanked the soldiers on behalf of himself and the DRF.
After that he in the Defence Minister strolled about in the camp and chatted informally with the soldiers.

- And in case you are wondering, Frederik, and the minister's security was provided by FET agents. Not PET officers. - You will see them in the video clip.

ADDED: Two more pics of Frederik mingling with the soldiers: https://forsvaret.dk/FKO/Nyt%20og%20P...ghanistan.aspx
You will notice that a number of sodliers have beards. Danish soldiers are encouraged to grow beards, as beards are seen as a sign of maturity in rural Afghanistan.

ADDED: Videoclip from HOK: https://www.forsvarskanalen.dk/fmcPop...utfolderid=199

(*) DK is one of the few countries which have deployed main battle tanks to Afghanistan, indeed as well as tracked IVF's Infantry Fighting Vehicles.
The reason is somewhat peculiar. The politicians are more than eager to ship whatever the material the army wants, and material the army doesn't want as well! The reason is of course that they are fearful of high casualties because the soldiers did not have the best protection possible.
The relatively high casualty rate (DK has the highest number of fatalities per capity of the coalition forces) is accepted by the population by and large, as long as the soldiers also get the best possible equipment. So the politicians overbid each other in that respect.

Muhler 12-02-2010 10:09 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2010.
Frederik er cool - Frederik is cool.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Recently there has been a sort of reality show on DR1, which has taken place in an immigrant ghetto. In Vollsmose in Odense. A choir was established and locals were invited to join. Being a member of a choir requires not only talent, but also hard, work, discipline and dedication. And the porpuse was to try to make the locals think outside the box and do something completely different. For those who made it, it ended with a show performance in Odense Concert Hall, where among others Frederik was present.

Frederik met the members of the choir afterwards and they are almost exclusively immigrants.

30 year old Hossam said: "Frederik is game/hearty. And not at all snobbish. It's lovely to sense that eventhough he is not on your level, he's sweet. A nice guy. And he smiles all the time.
- The best thing about Frederik is that he showed that what we did was super-cool. Just the way he walked into the room and came over and greeted us, told us that he thinks we are okay. He will be a super king".

Hassem also asked Frederik: "Now you (informal you) have visited us. When are we going to visit you"? Frederik replied: "The doors at Amalienborg are always open". (*)

17 year old Riyad said: "It was really cool to meet him, he is very nice. Suddenly he stood in the middle of the room after the concert and said: Wouldn't you (informal you) like to greet me, and then a picture was taken of all of us. Afterwards we chatted a bit". Riyad is normally a rapper.

20 year old Mussa said: "It was really great and afterwards a picture was taken of us, where I'm standing with my arm around him, I'd never believed that possible. I asked him: Did you (informal you) like the concert? And Frederik said: I did. It's been cool to be a part of the chior...".

Altogether there were 35 members of this choir, many of whom have never singed before.

- A good example of how talented Frederik is in dealing with people personally.

(*) True in the sense that anyone can in theory have an audience with the Monarch at the almost weekly public audiences.

AnnaNotherThing 12-05-2010 10:54 PM

Dubai this weekend for Frederik? Leaving his very pregnant wife due with twins any minute...risky or not? Shame they couldn't go together...just for a photo op of outfits on Mary's part ;) Oh well!

Terri Terri 12-06-2010 06:56 PM

I was surprised too, but he's only in Dubai for a day? (12-13th December)...but maybe CP Mary is due at the end of December so he still has 2-3 weeks.

ashelen 12-06-2010 11:26 PM

wow, they must have the dates already organized for him to leave, i am sure!

iceflower 12-08-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1167409)

Yesterday evening, November 27, 2010, Crown Prince Frederik attended the
gala concert "Voices from Vollsmose" at the Concert Hall in Odense.

** fyens.dk: Sange fra Vollsmose ** fyens.dk gallery ** ppe gallery **

Wrong dated by ppe today, but a nice addition to the pics of the event:

** Pic ** ppe **

dazzling 12-08-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1171365)
I was surprised too, but he's only in Dubai for a day? (12-13th December)...but maybe CP Mary is due at the end of December so he still has 2-3 weeks.

According to the statement released Mary is due mid January but the alwasy calculate 2 weeks earlier as some women dont give birth on the exact due date :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1171838)
Wrong dated by ppe today, but a nice addition to the pics of the event:

** Pic ** ppe **

Frederik looks really tired but those are good pictures.

AnnaNotherThing 12-08-2010 05:35 PM

Why wouldn't he look tired? He has two fiesty kids, about to have two more at the same time! And a lovely wife to please...He is 42 going on 43...Next in line to alot of responsibility...Sounds exhausting!!!

crownprincessrhey 12-08-2010 06:02 PM

I'm liking the older Frederick more and more...he seems to be more handsome as he ages...

Muhler 12-09-2010 09:31 AM

Billed Bladet is pretty quiet this week in regards to DRF stuff.

However some of the tidbits mentioned is that Mary eight now is busy with the family moving into Amalienborg and that Mary appear to be in charge of the moving and establishing the new home. - That is hardly something that would surprise married men! :lol:

But it's now close to be complete. The magazine more than hints that practically everything will be in place when Frederik returns from Dubai in less than a week from now.

The court confirms that Mary has no official engagements for the rest of December.

BIlled Bladet also informs us that Mary, Frederik and their children this weekend, Sunday afternoon in fact, went to the DR1 Koncerthall to attend a Christmas show with Sigurd Barrett, who is very well known among small children in DK.
THe CP familiy did not use the royal lounce but say on the front row. However, 90 minuttes is a long time for small children and Mary left with Isabella at some point. While Christian, who stayed back with Frederik, began to sit a little impatients.

Frederik will leave for Dubai Sunday and return Tuesday. Here he will attend a diabetes conference hosted by MENA, the Middle East & North Africa.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2010.
Jeg bøjer mig i støvet for jer - I bow down in the dust to you.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

As you know Frederik was recently in Afghanistan to visit the Danish Combat Group (battallion) who is serving there.
Here he gave a speech and said among other things: "I bow down in the dust to the job you do down here. You are clearly the best special forces (*) which Denmark has and you have been out there, where it hurts. I'm proud of the professionalism and calm with which you carry out your job".
After the speech all the soldiers lined of for a handshake from Frederik and for a photo with him.

It all started with the party being flown in to the HQ at Camp Price. The Party consisted of Frederik, Foreign Minister and head of one of the government parties, Lene Espersen, Minister of Defence, Gitte Lillelund Bech and representative of the Defence Staff, colonel Lars Møller. (**)
After having been recieved they all dined at the mess tent, Cook House and then proceeded to the camp KFUM (YMCA), where speeches were held followed by informal chatting.

The next day the three serving Leopard tanks were inspected. (***) Then a recce platoon returned to the base and Frederik had a long chat with them. (****)
They also visited the trauma centre on the base and inspected some heavy weapons and Frederik had a closer look at a sniper rifle.
The visit ended with the party saying hello to B company the Royal Lifeguards (*****), who recently suffered a fatality.

(*) This is one Frederik's sometimes flowery expressions. There are no special forces currently serving (at least not officially) in Afghanistan. Except for some members of the FET agents who provided protection and the odd specialist.

(**) He is an officer I personally hold in very high regard. Albeit from way back in ex-Jugoslavia.

(***) From the Jutland Dragoon Regiment. At any given time a squaron of tanks is serving in Afghanistan, consiting of three operational tanks, one reserve and some support vehicles.
They however primarily support Afghan, British and US forces, as the Upper Geresh Valley where the Danish forces are serving is not ideal tank country. - Since USA is now also deploying main battle tanks in Afganistan, members of this regiment has been send to USA to tell about their experiences. Which is only natural, especially as I believe Canada has withdrawn their tanks.

Before leaving Afghanistan the party met the commander of the NATO forces there, major general Mills.

(****) From the Guards Hussars. Frederik served as a young lieutenant commanding a recce platoon in that regiment.

(*****) The three regiments I've listed are the only combat regiments left in the Danish army, since the reorganisation. They are all permanently represented in Afghanistan, with units rotating in and out.

(As I'm not sure wheter the moderators wish to keep this a seperate topic I decided not to merge this with the previous post).

ADDED: Another article from the Defence site: https://forsvaret.dk/FTK/Nyt%20og%20P...B8gteOMLT.aspx
This time Frederik visited the OMLT, team IV. - That's a sort of mentor arrangement, between Afghan and coalition officers. In this case officers and NCOs from the Danish air force.

Muhler 12-09-2010 10:01 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2010.
Dysted mod Frederik - Competed against Frederik.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

The Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki was recently made honorary members of the The International Tennis Club of Denmark. And it was Frederik who handed her the visible proof of the honour in the shape of a scarf and an emblem.
Frederik also happens to be honorary member of IC Tennis.

Caroline and Frederik had a little match afterwards and according to the article (and indeed the photo to the article) he was the one who broke some sweat. - She less so....

Muhler 12-11-2010 07:57 AM

And here is a clip from Frederik's visit: https://www.forsvarskanalen.dk/fmc.aspx?aid=4654&layoutfolderid=199&bhcp=1 including his speech.
He is litterally bowing to the soldiers.

Notice the FET agents, they are a little more conspicious than the PET officers. They are also standing much closer to Frederik than PET officers.
It's not unheard of that a base has been infiltrated by Taleban.
But as bases sometimes come under rocket or mortar attacks, the job of the nearest FET agent would be to lie on top of Frederik and shield him with his body. Partly from falling stones but also because it may only be a matter of time before airbursts, i.e. shells that detonate in the air, are also in the arsenal of the Taleban. In that case the FET agent will physically provide extra protection from fragments.

Guiomar 12-17-2010 11:22 PM

Crown Prince in "Diabetes Leadership Forum", Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from 12th-13th December.

Ministry Of Health UAE - MENA Forum Ends by Distributing Dubai Declaration 1

iceflower 12-19-2010 04:48 PM

Crown Prince Frederik as he handed over the bronze medal to Romanian captain
Cristina Neagu on December 19, 2010 in Herning following the European Women's
Handball Championship, Denmark. Norway won 25-20 against Sweden.

** vg.no: Medalje og to kyss fra kronprinsen er kjekt det **

** dr.dk: Kronprinsen imponeret over landsholdet **

Muhler 12-22-2010 08:36 AM

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #51, 2010.
Fest trods tårer - Party despite tears.
Written by Ken Richter.

Frederik was recently in Herning (central Jutland), to watch and support the Danish female national handball team. Alas, they came fourth in the European Championships. Frederik, being patron of the championships, handed out medals to the winning teams and also offered sympathy for the Danish ladies.
Unfortunalety due to bad weather and a technical malfunction with the plane, Frederik arrived to late to watch the last match the Danish team played, (for bronze) but at least he could offer sympathy for the dissapointed players. (*)
He said: "They have delivered way above expectations from the start, so it's just lovely to see that a new good team is being formed".
Oh year, the Norwegians won. ;):tongue::flowers:

(*) As is often so typical of the sports coverage here in the Danish village, the media went way over the top. The national team had made it to the European Championships and they won the first match. In the eyes of the media that means they were already in the finals!

Roskilde 12-23-2010 05:59 AM

Frederik yesterdag evening :flowers:

He told the press that, Mary is doing well and that she is very strong.

https://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-36015925:frede-mary-har-det-ret-godt.html?forside

More pics:

https://www.sn.dk/Kronprinsen-hyldede-Kim-Staal/De-Kongelige/artikel/103099

And look at these picture here: I really think his eyes shining with happiness:wub:

https://i52.tinypic.com/2jcixhd.jpg
https://i55.tinypic.com/9jekq8.jpg

iceflower 12-23-2010 08:37 AM

:previous:

Thank you, Roskilde! Crown Prince Frederik presented on behalf of the Danish
Sports-Federation the IOC Trophy 2010 at the Hvidovre Ice Rink.

Here's another article with pics of the event:

** BB: Kronprins Frederik hyldede landsholdsstjerne i Hvidovre **

lancchick 12-29-2010 11:54 AM

Crown Prince at the inspection despite terror arrests

Quote:

Choosing the year's Fund 2010
Wednesday 29th December 2010 pm. 17:30
H.K.H. The Crown Prince is present at the crowning of the Year Fund, 2010 in Danish sport. Crowning will take place in the Politiken Hus, Copenhagen
Danish news site TV2 is reporting that the Crown Prince will still attend this event today despite the arrests of five men in Denmark who police say were planning a terror attack in Copenhagen.

Kronprins til kåring trods terror - TV 2 Sporten

Muhler 12-29-2010 12:29 PM

The head of PET has just denied that there were any indications that Frederik was a target of this planned terror attack, which was apparantly in the closing stages of being carried out.

The paper Jyllands Posten, belongs to the publishing house Politiken. Three major newspapers, Politiken, Jyllands Posten and Ekstra Bladet have offices in a building at Town Hall Square in Copenhagen.
The offices belonging to Jyllands Posten were to be targed by three armed men, with the purpose of killing and/or taking hostage employees of that paper.
The men were armed with a sub machine gun with a silencer, when PET arrested them earlier today.
Another man was arrested elsewhere in Copenhagen.
And the Swedish security police, Säpo, arrested a man in Sweden.

ADDED:

A TV2 reporter asked Frederik a few question in regards to the terror plot, as he entered the building.
He stated that he would not have been there at all if there had been indications pointing towards him being a target and that he was not aware of any plans about cancelling his attendence at this event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1182193)
Danish news site TV2 is reporting that the Crown Prince will still attend this event today despite the arrests of five men in Denmark who police say were planning a terror attack in Copenhagen.

Kronprins til kåring trods terror - TV 2 Sporten

iceflower 12-29-2010 04:21 PM

Some pics of the mentioned event:

Crown Prince Frederik handed out the "Talent of the Year " award at the Daily
newspaper Politiken in Copenhagen, December 29, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Marika86 12-29-2010 05:32 PM

Crown Prince Frederik visited late afternoon the terrorist threat JP-Politiken's house. December 29, 2010

Kronprinsen trodser terrortrussel - TV 2 Nyhederne
Google Traduttore

More photos from yesterday event:
Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 * Pic 4 * Pic 5 * Pic 6 * Pic 7

Muhler 01-06-2011 09:09 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Jeg er ikke bange - I'm not afraid.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

On the very day potential terrorists were arrested for being on the verge of carrying out an attack at the building of the publishing house Politiken, Frederik arrived to an event at that building.
Three papers have offices in that building, one of them Jyllands Posten, was to have been attacked that day. Another paper is Politiken, and it was here Frederik attended the event Find of the Year. Here a number of talented new athletes had been selected and one of them, Victor Axelsen, was appointed Find of the Year. Frederik handed out a prize and gave a speech: "We are proud of you and your accomplishments this year and you can certainly be proud of yourselves as well. You are already now great rolemodels for all Danish sports enthusiasts. Young as well as old".
Apart from answering a few questions at the door (*), Frederik did not comment at all on the terror plot.

He wore a Helmand wristband, which had been presented when he recently visited the Danish troops in Afghanistan.

(*) By a stupid, repeat stupid, reporter, who insisted on addressing him with informal you. Jeez! Some journalists believe the sun rotate around their behind!

It was PET who prevented the terrorists from carrying out their attrocity. PET also take care of the security of the DRF.
PET = Politiets EfterretningsTjeneste - The Police Intelligence Service.
They constitute about one tenth of the total police force in DK, or about one tenth the total strength of FBI.
It is, I understand, a very efficient organisation. So far it has prevented a number of terrorists incidents in taking place in DK. However at some point someone will slip through the net I guess. A statistic inevitability.
Anyway, the Parliament is willing to grant PET even more resources, so I guess it will grow.
Surprisingly perhaps PET is one of the most closed police organisations in EU. - It's only half jockingly stated that you can easily spot the local PET offices in the local police stations: They are the only offices without a name tag.

Their military counterpart, FET, is even more elusive.

iceflower 01-27-2011 10:30 AM

Crown Prince Frederik attended the EliteForsk conference 2011 at Ny Carlsberg
Glyptotek, Copenhagen, January 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Little_Sunshine 01-27-2011 10:51 AM

Thank you iceflower for the Pics :flowers:

He looks a bit tired but happy.
Nice to see him again!

eliz 01-27-2011 01:54 PM

i like his tie!

MARG 01-27-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_Sunshine (Post 1198261)
Thank you iceflower for the Pics :flowers:

He looks a bit tired but happy.
Nice to see him again!

Of course he is tired! He is the father of newborn twins so he had better look tired or the women of Denmark will be asking probing questions. :biggrin:

iceflower 01-28-2011 06:55 AM

Here are some more pics from yesterday, obviously Frederik had a little
problem with his nose ;) maybe that also explains his look you've mentioned.

** Billeder: Næsen drillede Frederik ved prisuddeling ** translation **

AnnaNotherThing 01-28-2011 08:15 AM

Love Fred's shoes...almost as pointy as Mary's...maybe they are having a pointy shoe competition? ;)

Marika86 01-28-2011 03:17 PM

MSN Starlounge about yesterday event

Hot or not? Frederiks sokker med monogram | Starlounge

Lumutqueen 01-28-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marika86 (Post 1198780)
MSN Starlounge about yesterday event

Hot or not? Frederiks sokker med monogram | Starlounge

I've seen pointier shoes, they don't match the ones Mary wears.
I do love the socks. :smile:

AnnaNotherThing 01-28-2011 06:13 PM

Maybe Mary gave Fred those socks for Christmas? Because if he was responsible he might have only got them with his monogram, not the interlocking M & F that is on there...If Mary did get Fred those socks, I like the fact that it poses that eternal question, 'What do you get a man who has everything?' Well, you give him what every other man gets for Christmas BUT BETTER!' ;)

T4phage 01-28-2011 06:17 PM

Fred was wearing a pair like these a few months ago when he was the EXPO in Shanghai.

missjane 01-29-2011 02:59 AM

Love the socks!!!! They are fantastic! Frederick looks great, bit tired, but good to see him out and about again. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Eliteforsk? know i have seen and heard about it before, but never thought to ask.

UserDane 01-29-2011 06:53 AM

Last night, Frederik was seen at the semi finals between Spain and Denmark in the Men's Handball World Championship in Sweden. He was interviewed briefly afterwards - https://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/...g.html?forside - he was very enthusiastic about the performance of the Danish team and when asked whether he, his royal highness, also cheered for Hans Lindbergh, popularly nicknamed 'His Majesty', Frederik grinned and said of course he did.

We'll probably see Frederik again on Sunday for the finals in Malmö between France and Denmark.

ashelen 01-29-2011 11:33 AM

Regarding the socks, I amthinking it is a present that he got, I don't think he would oreder them nor Mary but who knows, just speculation....... i mast say i like them, wish I could buy something like this for my husband may be for valentine!

Sternchen 01-29-2011 11:53 AM

My guess is that the manufacturer presented them to him :smile:

ashelen 01-29-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1199020)
My guess is that the manufacturer presented them to him :smile:

I agree, I am sure they get so many presents and this could be the manufacturer did it for him , it is always good publicity!

stellam 01-30-2011 08:24 AM

I saw a pic of Fred wearing those socks( perhaps he has more than 1 pair) more than a year ago if not 2 when he attended some event in Denmark.

iceflower 02-01-2011 08:02 AM

Today, February 1st, Crown Prince Frederik attended the official opening of
the International Centre at University of Aarhus.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ppe gallery **

** sn.dk: Frederik inviede universitets-center ** gallery **

eliz 02-01-2011 09:00 AM

very nice pics! who's the guy hugginh frederik in pic number 3? he's dressed like a high rank academic, i was wondering if he was dean, professor or something during frederik's student days since they sem to know each other quite well.

Sternchen 02-01-2011 09:18 AM

He is the rektor of Aarhus University, Lauritz B. Holm-Nielsen :smile: https://pure.au.dk/portal/en/rektor@au.dk

Sereta 02-01-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1199014)
Regarding the socks, I amthinking it is a present that he got, I don't think he would oreder them nor Mary but who knows, just speculation....... i mast say i like them, wish I could buy something like this for my husband may be for valentine!

I think you are right they were most likely given to him, and the socks are fantastic!

iceflower 02-03-2011 10:50 AM

Crown Prince Frederik opened the Danish Sports Unioin's Congress in
Copenhagen today, February 3rd, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** minbaad.dk: Frivillig DIF-kongres i gang **