The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Star Tiaras (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/star-tiaras-285.html)

Julia 04-18-2003 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
English. c. 1870, remounted 1937, gold, silver, diamonds, button pearls.

This tiara has quite a bit of history attached (no pun intended) to it. I will type it up later!

Julia 04-18-2003 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As worn by the future Countess Mountbatten of Burma. She was photographed by Cecil Beaton in 1937 for a Vogue article on society women at the time of George VI's coronation.

Julia 04-18-2003 06:28 PM

Commentary on the Mountbatten Star Tiara:

From engrailed paved diamond circlet rise five five-pointed stars similarly paved and centered on a button pearl with a raised border. Made famous by the Empress Elizabeth of Austria, who was painted by F.X. Winterhalter (1865) wearing stars on her hair pinned to a black velvet bandeau, stars sparkling with diamonds have been favored ever since. These were given by the daughter of Queen Victoria, Princess Louise, duchess of Argyll to her goddaughter and niece, Princess Victoria of Hesse, and the marchioness of Milford Haven, married to the First Sea Lord Prince Louis of Battenberg. She was on a visit to her sister, the Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna in 1914 when war was declared and she had to leave for home in a great hurry. Since the jewels would have been a responsibility, the Tsarina suggested they should be left behind in her care. As is well known, the revolution of 1917 led to the disappearance of many valuables in Russia, including the Battenberg jewels, which were never seen again. Princess Louise therefore gave Princess Victoria this tiara to replace what had been lost. It then descended to her daughter-in-law, Edwina, future Countess Mountbatten of Burma, who had the stars remounted in a more modern style in the mid-1930s. She in turn gave the tiara to her daughter, Patricia, the present Countess Mountbatten of Burma, as a wedding present upon her marriage to Lord Brabourne in 1946. She wore it to the court ball held at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the marriage of the future Queen Elizabeth II with the duke of Edinburgh in 1947, and it has been worn by her daughters and daughters-in-law at their weddings. Diana Scarisbrick.

Julia 04-22-2003 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Princess Maxima wearing the "star" tiara at the wedding of Princess Martha-Louise to Ari Behn.

Julia 04-22-2003 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Corbis.com

Julia 04-22-2003 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As worn by the future Countess Mountbatten of Burma. She was photographed by Cecil Beaton in 1937 for a Vogue article on society women at the time of George VI's coronation.

Julia 04-22-2003 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Large pic of the Mountbatten Star Tiara....

Julia 04-22-2003 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grand Duchess of Hesse
(the Duke of Edinburgh's late sister)

Fireweaver 04-22-2003 05:41 PM

The pictures are wonderful!! Do you know of any others? I think one Italian Queen had a Star Tiara but I can't remember her name at all :)

Julia 04-22-2003 05:47 PM

You are most welcome! I adore star themed tiaras and have had a bit of trouble finding many. According to Diana Scarisbrick, she wrote Tiara, the star-themed tiara became very popular after Empress Elizabeth of Austria was seen in a portrait wearing stars on a black velvet bandeau. If they did become popular where did they all go? To the pawn shop? Maxima's, GD of Hesse and the Mountbatten tiara are the only three I can think of....

I think I know which queen you are speaking of but I will have to look! ;)

Julia 04-22-2003 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From one of Josefine's fantastic posts. I hope that one of the royal houses purchased these and will use them in a tiara setting. Just gorgeous.

MEASUREMENTS
subsequently rhodium plated, the five larger stars may be mounted as a tiara on the provided frame, the two smallest stars are mounted as earrings, screwdriver and extra brooch and pendant fittings provided, fitted tiara case by A. Dragsted, Copenhagen.

DESCRIPTION
The stars graduated in size from twelve to sixteen points, each decorated with circular- and single-cut diamonds with a larger circular-cut stone collet-set at the centre

Dragsted, jeweller to the Royal Danish Court, was founded in 1854 by Arent Nicolai Dragsted. His two sons continued the business and included the Russian emperor among their clients. The company is still owned and run by the family today.

It is understood that this tiara once belonged to Ulla Poulsen, a ballerina with the Royal Danish Theatre.

Fireweaver 04-22-2003 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I credited the wrong MB. It's actually from a post on this site. Sorry!

Fireweaver 04-23-2003 02:49 PM

According to the Royal Jewel's website, there is a star tiara in the Danish family, "Queen Sophie's Star Tiara"
but I've no idea who's inherited it or if it's in the family trust. Also, the pictures aren't that clear.

Julia 04-23-2003 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Fireweaver.

I completely forgot about "Queen Sophie's Tiara"! :blush: You're quite right about the pics being a little blurry. I wonder if Princess Alexandra and her sister Princess Nathalie share the tiara since both are seen wearing it?

Queen Ingrid wearing the tiara....

Fireweaver 04-24-2003 01:55 PM

Does that mean Princess Benedikte has inherited the tiara? If so, I doubt Mary, or CP Frederik's bride, would get a chance to wear it, so they'd still need a new one :)
I wonder what a star tiara with sapphires would look like. I mean, the diamonds are gorgeous of course, but maybe diamond stars on a sapphire and diamond band, or maybe like Q. Sophie's tiara only with sapphire stones interspurced with the stars?

Fireweaver 04-28-2003 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the file from Danjel's site!

Julia 04-28-2003 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A star tiara that I believe was part of the V&A exhibit this past year.....

Mandy 04-29-2003 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Danjel Site: Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara from Portugal.

My Webpage

Danjel 05-07-2003 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey!

I'm very sorry, but I don't have better pics of Countess Ruth's Star tiara......

But...........Hans and Volker....both have send me a picture of Queen Elisabeth of Belgium with a star tiara, I don't know wheter it's sold or still in the Belgian vaults......

Greetz
Danjel

Danjel 05-07-2003 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the second picture.....

Alexandria 05-07-2003 07:55 PM

Mandy, the picture of Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara from Portugal is absolutely amazing. It took my breath away! Where is that tiara presently? Has anyone worn it in recent years, like to a wedding or something? I'd like to see a picture of what hairstyle is appropriate/fitting of that wonderous tiara.

Mandy 05-07-2003 11:10 PM

Alexandria,
I found Queen Maria Pia's Star Tiara from Portugal on Royalty Danjel's site and I don't have any more information than what is on that site. Perhaps Danjel could answer your questions. Sorry. :(

Danjel 05-08-2003 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Fireweaver,

I've got another star tiara.....a few days ago I recieved two envelopes with pictures of all kind of tiara.....I DID include one star tiara.....!!!

Here you'll see Princess Alice of Greece, born Princess of Battenberg, she is the mother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh...

Danjel 05-08-2003 12:57 PM

Alexandria,

The Portugese Star tiara has not been worn in recent years...it was only worn by Queen Maria Pia and Queen Amelie. Since Portugal became a Republic (1910) it is exhibited in the Ajuda Palace in Lisboa........if you ever want to go there........

greetz
Danjel

Danjel 05-10-2003 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fireweaver.......

I've found another one!!!

HRH Princess Marie of Greece and Denmark, born Princess Marie Bonaparte.

Princess Marie, who was married to the second son of King George I of Greece, Prince George, was besides a princess also a famous psychoanalist. Here she is depicted in the mid 1950's at an official occasion in Athens.

greetz
Danjel

Danjel 05-10-2003 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:blush:
THANK YOU!!!

Euh, by the way........again two other ones......not really "star-star" tiara's, but I still think they fit in here...

The first one is Princess Anna of Lippe, born Princess von Ysenburg und Büdingen in Büdingen.

Danjel 05-10-2003 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the second one, which looks VERY much like the Lippe-tiara.....
This is Duchess Elizabeth of Mecklenburg.

Julia 05-11-2003 04:05 PM

Happy, happy Birthday Danjel and thank you so much for all of the gorgeous pictures! :clap:

Danjel 05-15-2003 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dear everybody!

Again........a star tiara...........Claes from Sweden send me this wonderful picture of ex-queen Isabella of Spain!

Greetz
Danjel

Danjel 05-18-2003 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everybody!

I've found something again!!!

Volker (the picture King :king: ) has send me this pic of Jacqueline Kennedy................yessssssssssssssssssss, with a star.....not quit a tiara, but more a hair ornament...

greetz!

Danjel

Fireweaver 05-24-2003 10:16 PM

This may sound odd, but I was looking at a picture of one of the queens, I believe it was Paola, and she had diamond pins that look similar to the stars that were sold into auction.
I was thinking as, Julia pointed out, that Star Tiaras were very common at one point, and then disappeared.
Maybe the Royal Houses are using the bases of the Star Tiaras for other Tiaras and the Stars as pins/brooches?

Danjel 05-25-2003 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone!

Again.....pictures......

Princess Irene of the Netherlands...

Danjel 05-25-2003 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and another one, from Geoffrey Munn's book...a rhinestone and base metal tiara in the form of a star flanked with foliage. This was the jewel that inspired the title of the fil Tantrums and Tiaras (1996) made by David Furnish about his friend Elton John

Danjel 05-25-2003 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also from Munn's book
a tiara in the form of 5 stars supported on a gallery of stylized foliage.

Danjel 05-25-2003 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Fireweaver, You're online! :flower:

What do you think of this one, I think it would be great for Princess Madeleine of Sweden...

Danjel 05-25-2003 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay than!
And...I think you mean the second picture.......yeah I think you're right, the way the stars are mounted look the same, although the base is slightly different...

Julia 05-26-2003 01:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This tiara recently sold at Sotheby's....gorgeous but it looks so similar to our other star tiaras? Is it one of them by chance???

DIAMOND TIARA, CIRCA 1880

Designed as a graduated band of five stars, each star of sixteen points with a floral cluster motif at the centre and set throughout with cushion-shaped and rose diamonds, each star may be detatched and worn as a pendant.

It didn't sell for much! Final hammer price: 20,050 GBP

Fireweaver 05-26-2003 02:00 AM

I don't think it's the same as the other ones, although it does look a bit like Maria-Pia of Portugals.
Although that one had yellow looking diamonds.
Maybe you found Elizabeth's star tiara?
Or it's just an unknown one.
Either way, it's gorgeous, thank you!

Fireweaver 05-30-2003 02:45 AM

Hey all. I was looking at Danel's site, Royal Splendor (Danjel, btw, I love your site!) and in the Great Britian section there's a picture of Queen Alexandra wearing the Rundel tiara and she's also wearing a lot of star brooches/pins.
I think I was thinking of her when I made mention of another queen having star pins.
My question is, were they merely clothing decoration, or were they/could they be used for, a tiara? If so, which tiara?
Thanks!

Fireweaver 06-02-2003 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Danjel's wondeful site,
https://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel3/spisa...bellastarw.msnw

Danjel 06-02-2003 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A while ago I posted Princess Marie of Greece with a diamond star tiara.....here's a closeup of this tiara.

Danjel 06-08-2003 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I KNEW I had one more............

Queen Elizabeth of Romania....

Danjel 06-08-2003 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and another one.......empress auguste of Germany, wife of Emperor Wilhelm I.

Danjel 06-08-2003 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the christmas child Princess Alexandra of Great Britain.....

Danjel 06-09-2003 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know, I know, not a star, but I really like this picture, so I wanted to post it anyway.......Queen Fabiola with a diamond daisy as a hair-ornament.

Danjel 06-20-2003 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Queen Margerita of Italy... and her son.

Danjel 06-21-2003 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and another picture of Queen Margherita...

Danjel 06-21-2003 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Queen Soraya of Afghanistan with her star tiara...

Danjel 06-29-2003 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can´t seem to stop finding stars.....................with thanks to Volker who send me this lovely picture of Anne Marie!!

Danjel 07-02-2003 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here I am, AGAIN ;-)) again some stars, this time Queen Sirikit of Thailand.....

Danjel 07-02-2003 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
anne marie

Danjel 07-02-2003 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and empress sadako of japan

Julia 07-07-2003 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh-me-oh-my! What a wonderful selection of stars you have all posted...thank you! Danjel and Fireweaver you are *stars*! :P

Well, I looked and looked and found one...Elizabeth of Hess....well, it's a pendant but a star nonetheless! ;)

Fireweaver 07-30-2003 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops, the picture would help...
here it is

Fireweaver 07-30-2003 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also from Danjel's site
the Saxen-Cogburg-Gotha tiara.

George 08-10-2003 03:12 AM

The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha "star" piece seen above her head in that old 19th c
picture is also detachable and worn as a brooch, as a tiara piece and
pendant. Grand Princess Elizabeth of Hesse (sister of Alexandra who married
Nicholas II of Russia) she wore a half moon (crescent) in her hair. It was the
"hair fashion" of ladies in those times.

Danjel 10-10-2003 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey there! My search went on.......and I found another one!

HRH Princess Alice of Greece (the mother of the Duke of Edinburgh)

Danjel 10-11-2003 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Julia,

The bride is: Lady Penelope Romsey, born Penelope Eastwood at her wedding in 1979. Lady Penelope is the daughter in law of the current Lady Mountbatten, Lady Patricia.

greetz
Danjel :flower:

Here a picture of the couple

Danjel 10-11-2003 06:25 AM

About Prcc Alice, she WAS fond of star-tiara's, but along with her there were many noble women who chose to wore stars in teir hair, 'cause in the beginning of the 20th century this was considered highly fashionable.

Hans 01-19-2004 06:44 AM

I once heard that the star & pearl tiara of Hm Queen Elisabeth of Belgium, born Duchess in Bavaria went to the only daughter. But I have never seen pictures of HM Queen Marie-Josée of Italy wearing it.

[

royal_sophietje 01-20-2004 09:11 AM

Don't forget Sissi, she also had star-ornaments and if my memory is working OK, also a star-tiara.

Mia 04-21-2004 07:09 AM

I found this picture of Queen Alexandra wearing a star tiara taken 1889. Of some reason I couldn't find the tiara either at Danjel's site or the Royal Jewels of the World. The picture isn't very clear but I'm sure the tiara has stars. Anybody knows this piece?

And be quick because it is a Corbis pic.

https://pro.corbis.com/images/HU005263.jpg?...0-2d9f09528dc9}

reynard 04-22-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mia. I found this picture of Queen Alexandra wearing a star tiara taken 1889.
I'm pretty sure that the tiara is the queen's wedding present from the King, except that she added stars to it instead of the scroll ornaments. What about the necklace? Anyone know anything about it??

reynard 04-22-2004 10:13 PM

Alexandra's tiara

Here's Alexandra's tiara. In the Corbis picture I think she added stars to it

reynard 10-10-2004 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one that I just found on the Royal Jewels Board. Grand Duchess Marie, DUch. of Endinburgh:

Fireweaver 01-16-2005 04:27 PM

I was looking at Danjel's Royal Splendour site, when I realized I'd seen the Baden Star tiara before (At least I'm fairly sure I have!). It's the same one worn by Queen Victoria's daughter, Beatrice!

compare these two pictures.
https://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs6...ain1857-15.jpg
https://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel...tarburstw.msnw

salma 01-18-2005 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the star tiara of Princess Maxima. From anp

Danjel 02-07-2005 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Duchess Adelheid of Saxe-Altenburg

Fireweaver 08-04-2005 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Left to right:

1). Grand Duchess Alexandra Josefovna (b. Alexandra of Saxe-Altenburg), wife of Grand Duke Nicholas Constantinovich, daughter-in-law of Nicholas I, mother of Queen Olga of Greece, and great grandmother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

2). Grand Duchess Marie Pavlona Sr. (b. Marie of Mecklenburg). Wife of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich, daughter -in-law of Tsar Alexander II, mother of Grand Duke Cyril, and great-grandmother of the Kents and the current Russian claimant, Marie.

3). Grand Duchess Helen Vladimirovna (later Princess Nicholas of Greece). Daughter of the above, and mother of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

4). Princess Louise, Duchess of Connaught (b. of Prussia). Wife of Arthur of Connaught, daughter-in-law of Queen Victoria, and grandmother to Queen Ingrid of Denmark.

This is a rather famous picture. The event was a ball held in conjunction with the coronation of Nicholas II.

hilal 08-05-2005 05:04 AM

Princess Maxima's Star Tiara

10 Attachment(s)
1.-3. Her wedding.
4. Princess Martha Louise's Wedding.
5.-10. Crownprince Frederik's Wedding.

galuhcandrakirana 08-05-2005 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This tiara has belonged to Princess Margaretha (née Princess of Sweden). Princess Margaretha was Countess Ruth's mother-in-law.

The tiara is made of gold, turquoises and diamonds and is shaped like 3 big stars with diamonds and turquoises
The tiara was a wedding gift to Queen Louise (married to King Christian IX).
between.https://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/ruth1.html (the photo is not clear enough)

Fireweaver 08-09-2005 02:02 PM

that's a very cool one :)

Does anyone know who owns the Wuttenberg Ruby Star tiara now? Is it still in that families possession, or was it broken up and/or sold?

Warren 08-10-2005 04:30 AM

Wurttemberg Tiara spotting

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireweaver
Does anyone know who owns the Wuttenberg Ruby Star tiara now? Is it still in that families possession, or was it broken up and/or sold?

Anyone seen it? Here is a pic to make identification easier...

Josefine 04-01-2006 04:51 AM

star tiaras was there any time in history they were very populour
has there been any star tiaras in the swedish royal family

Fireweaver 04-01-2006 09:49 AM

The Star tiara worn by Princess Benedikte of Denmark was originally a swedish tiara. It was inherited by Queen Ingrid (born a princess of Sweden) and brought to Denmark on her marriage. I don't know who owned the tiara first though.

Fireweaver 05-13-2006 11:23 AM

Ursala's site has a gorgeous ruby star tiara. I can't provide a picture, but here's the link
https://www.royal-magazin.de/spain/in...-ruby-star.htm
If anyone has any other photos of this set, and could post them, I'd be very grateful :)

Hereditary Mapmaker 05-13-2006 06:15 PM

The Star tiara worn by Princess Benedikte of Denmark was originally a swedish tiara. It was inherited by Queen Ingrid (born a princess of Sweden) and brought to Denmark on her marriage. I don't know who owned the tiara first though.

I think it was first worn by Queen Sophie, Fireweaver.

Mapper

Fireweaver 05-13-2006 07:24 PM

Thanks for the info! I love the picture of Alexandra of SWB wearing it, it shows the stars and design so very clearly. It's a gorgeous piece.

RubyPrincess168 10-11-2006 02:21 AM

Interesting topic! I must say though that the Portugese Star Tiara is a monstrosity! Talk about too much!

Danjel 10-14-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
Anyone seen it? Here is a pic to make identification easier...

It's not the same.....well at least I don't think so, but duchess Sophie von Württemberg DID wear a star tiara for her wedding. Not at the actual wedding but at the pre-wedding ball..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/daan73/wurt2.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/daan73/wurt1.jpg

Pics from "Point de Vue"

Lady Bluffton 10-15-2006 08:20 PM

Any "shooting star" tiaras out there?

Josefine 07-19-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton (Post 520628)
Any "shooting star" tiaras out there?

how do you mean?
a "shooting star" gives me a picture of a disney tiara

one of ther better styles of starstiara is the one worn by maxima
Diamond Stars Tiara
its not a tiara but a version of a bace with stars broches.

IloveCP 11-14-2011 03:40 PM

My favorite star tiara is Maxima's wedding tiara!

LadyK 11-16-2011 08:55 AM

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love Máxima's wedding tiara. It is so... her!

KittyAtlanta 11-16-2011 10:09 AM

Charlene of Monaco's Baumer Diamond Spray tiara was designed to emulate a breaking wave, but it also reminds me of shooting stars.

Warren 11-16-2011 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:previous:
A picture :smile:

v Princess Charlene's Diamond Aigrette/Tiara

LadyK 11-19-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1337962)

While this is not my favorite. It's too... simple? It's just not enough.

countess felicitas 11-20-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1337962)

I think we need to see this worn at least once properly. During the wedding ball Charlene had it almost hidden in her hair.....

Here is a video where you can see how beautiful the tiara really is:

The princess Charlene of Monaco tries Lorenz Bäumer's tiara for her wedding. - YouTube

rubies 11-20-2011 06:53 AM

Your right countess, it is stunning shown here.

Smush 11-20-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countess felicitas (Post 1339127)
I think we need to see this worn at least once properly. During the wedding ball Charlene had it almost hidden in her hair.....

I thought so too!
Maybe she doesn't like to wear something on her head?!

IloveCP 12-28-2011 02:56 AM

Here is the Hesse Star tiara:

https://theroyalcorrespondent.files.w...ceandhesse.jpg

This is one horrid tiara.It's just tacky and fake to me.

ldmemail 12-28-2011 05:32 AM

Why tacky ??

IloveCP 12-28-2011 05:37 AM

It just that there's some star tiara that are beautiful if done right but then there are others that are done wrong.That's just my opinion on it.

ldmemail 12-28-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP
It just that there's some star tiara that are beautiful if done right but then there are others that are done wrong.That's just my opinion on it.

I think the shorter hairstyle does it no favours, with a more bouffant hairstyle it would look more in proportion. But tacky???? Spangled tinsel from a Christmas Tree - yes! Antique diamonds - would you really say that they were tacky?

IloveCP 12-28-2011 06:19 AM

Well, that is MY opinion.I recpect everyone's opinion,and I've seen some other diamond tiaras that are tacky in MY opinion. ;)

Patra 12-28-2011 06:46 AM

The Dutch star Tiara is one of my least favorite in their collection. I do, however like Hesse Star Tiara!

RubyPrincess168 12-29-2011 10:10 AM

The Hesse Star Tiara is actually one of the better Star Tiaras in my opinion because the stars aren't so obvious.

Nice Nofret 12-29-2011 10:41 AM

Could you please explain to a foreigner what you mean excatly with 'tacky' - it's used quite often at royal forums -

EIIR 12-29-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nice Nofret (Post 1351686)
Could you please explain to a foreigner what you mean excatly with 'tacky' - it's used quite often at royal forums -

Something described as 'tacky' would be considered to be of poor taste or low quality. For example, the plastic tiaras that winners of beauty pageants wear would be considered 'tacky'.

IloveCP 04-29-2012 09:38 PM

Queen Maria Pia of Portugal's Star tiara

:ohmy:

Wow. This is one of the most grandest tiaras I have ever seen! Though, I can't say it's one of my favorites.