The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/general-news-about-frederik-mary-and-family-6-july-october-2010-a-28290.html)

dazzling 10-28-2010 08:50 AM

Geat pic's, thanks for posting. Do we know who the lady with Mary is?

Lumutqueen 10-28-2010 09:04 AM

The nanny perhaps?

AnnaNotherThing 10-28-2010 06:14 PM

I'd say the lady with Mary is probably her P.A (personal assistant)....and before you say Caroline and Tanja are her P.A.'s I think Ladies-in-waiting are different to P.A's...P.A.'s probably help more behind the scenes, like shopping, organising, speech writing, whereas the L-I-W is the public face of assistance in a maybe a very limited way...Mary has to have a P.A. it makes sense, C & T can't do all those little things, because their focus is more on Mary's official public appearances...But I could be wrong, maybe it's just a friend of hers helping her out for the day...

ashelen 10-28-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing (Post 1153098)
I'd say the lady with Mary is probably her P.A (personal assistant)....and before you say Caroline and Tanja are her P.A.'s I think Ladies-in-waiting are different to P.A's...P.A.'s probably help more behind the scenes, like shopping, organising, speech writing, whereas the L-I-W is the public face of assistance in a maybe a very limited way...Mary has to have a P.A. it makes sense, C & T can't do all those little things, because their focus is more on Mary's official public appearances...But I could be wrong, maybe it's just a friend of hers helping her out for the day...

wow, i like your idea, I would love to have a PA, it would make my iife easier! that for sure! i am sur she has a lot of personal help that we don't know!

Katrianna 10-29-2010 01:52 AM

Thanks iceflower! What patience she must have to go on a shopping trip, however minor, and have photographers follow you in the store. On the other hand I think it's special that Royals can go out and shop, dine, etc. among the population. Gad, she still looks super in jeans and carrying twins. That makes me blue.:lol:

Sternchen 10-29-2010 08:56 AM

I don't think it is a PA, as there is non listed on the list of their royal household. But Caroline is listed as Private Secretary. The only ones not listed are the nannies.

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Organisation

Harold 10-29-2010 11:00 AM

Could the woman be a security guard?

Muhler 10-29-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 1153393)
Could the woman be a security guard?

No, she is not a PET officer. There is currently one woman among the DRF's PET-protection detail and this is not her.

My guess is that she is just a member of the staff. Either nanny or Mary's ladie's maid.

Harold 10-30-2010 09:54 AM

Do the Danish Royals go about without security?

Muhler 10-30-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold (Post 1153703)
Do the Danish Royals go about without security?

Yes and no. Joachim and Princess Marie usually have no PET officers around. Often there is not even a uniformed police officer around.

The Regent Couple, Mary and Frederik and their children all constantly have PET officers nearby.
I've noticed that some newspapers tend to "crop out" the PET officers when possible. Also in a picture of Mary's visit to Toys R Us, there was a shadow of a figure who simply smelled like PET. That picture is not here on this forum however.

In particular high risk areas, like Afghanistan, it's FET (Defence Intelligence Service) agents who provide the security.

ashelen 10-30-2010 11:40 AM

I presume you use to that, going around with security, I really wonder how it is and how you feel?, all the time somebody behind you. I would love that for my daughter when she rich her teenager years!

dazzling 10-30-2010 03:10 PM

New thread can be found here :flowers: