The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/general-news-about-frederik-mary-and-family-6-july-october-2010-a-28290.html)

dazzling 07-28-2010 04:26 AM

General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

Welcome to
General news about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 7
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

biboquinhas 07-29-2010 08:27 AM

So they haven't been to Sardenha this time...

ahtikavalentine 08-01-2010 04:19 PM

Are they on vacations as all royals?

Lumutqueen 08-01-2010 04:25 PM

They are at Gratsen at the moment, with the family. They had the annual photoshoot last wednesday.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0-a-13379.html

dazzling 08-04-2010 04:50 AM

All posts on Princess Mary making the Vanity Fairs International best dressed list has been moved to the following
thread
Vanity Fair's International Best-Dressed List

Please also note that posts such as congratulations Mary, thank you, great, well deserved have been deleted since they are considered empty posts.

Thank you :flowers:

Muhler 08-05-2010 10:02 AM

In connection with Mary being mentioned in Vanity, the conservative news paper, berlinske Tidende has a gallery of her style: Kronprinsesse Marys stil | www.berlingske.dk

(This is only about Mary, which is why I don't post this in the Vanity thread).

Eeh, does that also include magazine and newspaper articles?

Here is one:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #31, 2010.
Mary klar til ny baby - Mary ready for new baby.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen & Ken Richter.

Billed Bladet doesn't claim that Mary is pregnant. However there are indications...
They base that on:
A) Mary is less active physically this summer. She doesn't run as fast as she use to.
B) She has been wearing only loose fitting clothes.
C) She has been observed looking at her belly.
D) The CP-couple have not been abroad this year as they usually are.
E) She hasn't ridden at all while at Gråsten.
F) A planned ride on Icelandic ponies at Tisvildeleje was cancelled.
G) When Isabella fell on the stairs at the photo session at Gråsten, Mary did not lift up her daughter.

- The news are now buzzing in all the newspapers.
The court however will not comment.

I'm afraid the list above would not stand up in court, but we'll see...;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #31, 2010
Peter Heering til Afghanistan - Peter Heering to Afghanistan.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

The husband of Mary's LiW, Caroline Heering, has gone to Afghanistan.

Peter Heering, who is a lieutenant colonel of the reserves in the Royal Lifeguard Regiment, left for Afghanistan this Sunday. Here he will serve his tour of duty in the Helman province.

Peter Heering is 43. As his rank is high he will not be going out much on the dangerous patrols.

Caroline Heering said: "I back Peter up 100 percent and I'm proud that he has the (mental) surplus and courage to help give the Afghans a hope of a better future. We have taken the decision together (*) but of course it wouldn't be possible without backup from family and friends all the way round.

The couple have two girls aged eight and five.

The 34th danish soldier was killed in Afghanistan a couple of weeks ago.

(*) You can opt not to go to Afghanistan, provided you say so within a reasonable time in advance otherwise it will be considered desertion.
The army has no problems getting volunteers to serve in Afghanistan, in fact some of those who have been on six, seven, eight tours are asked to consider staying at home for a prolonged period. To help them adapt to normal life in peace.

Florencia 08-05-2010 12:05 PM

05-08-2010 The Danish magazins Billed Bladet, Her og Nu and Se og Hoer with Mary on the cover with the story ''Mary Pregnant, ready for baby''
PPE Agency

Lumutqueen 08-05-2010 12:12 PM

Interesting that PPE have posted pictures of the magazine covers.

muriel 08-05-2010 12:27 PM

Frederick is looking rather dishy with the beard....

EmmieLou 08-05-2010 06:12 PM

I am not one for pregnancy speculation but this time I must say when I saw the photoshoot the other day I thought Mary's face had filled out a little and she had that 'glow' going on. Perhaps she is just enjoying the Summer with her family but thought it was funny when I saw PPE coverage speculation.

missjane 08-05-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1121024)
Frederick is looking rather dishy with the beard....

I agree! A bit of a different look and it is quite a good one!;)

muriel 08-06-2010 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 1121122)
I agree! A bit of a different look and it is quite a good one!;)

Good to hear I am not alone in this!

crm2317 08-06-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmieLou (Post 1121120)
I am not one for pregnancy speculation but this time I must say when I saw the photoshoot the other day I thought Mary's face had filled out a little and she had that 'glow' going on. Perhaps she is just enjoying the Summer with her family but thought it was funny when I saw PPE coverage speculation.

I was thinking exactly the same EmmieLou. I realise we cannot speculate and must wait for an official announcement but with the loose clothes, not going riding with Frederik and just a certain look about her face I felt sure that Mary was pregnant

iceflower 08-06-2010 10:32 AM

No more speculations needed ;) the Crown Prince couple today
announced that Crown Princess Mary is pregnangt with twins, the
extra thread can be found here:

** Crown Princess Mary is expecting twins in January 2011 **

Muhler 08-12-2010 09:48 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2010.
Mary i skole med Christian og Isabella - Mary to school with Christian and Isabella.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Week 32 is the start of the new school year for many children in DK. That also included those attending Dronning Louises Børnehus = kindergarten in Fredensborg, where Christian and Bella are attending. The kindergarten openend Monday the 9th August after the summer holiday and Mary drove her children there.
On the way they stopped to see the big children who were starting in school at the nearby public school. Other children and parents from the kindergarten had also shown up with flags in the school yard, including some mates of Christian and Isabella.
Christian is a big boy, almost five and he could start in pre-school this year but M&F have opted to wait another year. But some of his mates from kindergarten started this week.
Christian was left with his mates and Mary and Isabella went over to some of her mates and from here they looked at the pupils on the way to school.
It's hardly a secret that Mary is pregnant and many wished her well or gave her a thumbs up.

Then it was on to the kindergarten. Bella had to get used to the idea that summer holiday was over and it was time for a new year in the kindergarten.

Oddly enough there is no mentioning of the name of the school they went to, but perhaps there is only one in Fredensborg?

iceflower 08-13-2010 12:32 PM

Thanks, Muhler! :flowers: Here are some cute pics of the described event:

Crown Princess Mary taking her children Prince Christian and Princess
Isabella to visit the Emdrup School in Fredensborg, August 9, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Lumutqueen 08-13-2010 12:48 PM

They look like any other normal family, I love it.

Muhler 08-13-2010 01:45 PM

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower :flowers:

According to the caption in BB, Isabella had just spotted a snail in Pic #6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1124142)
Thanks, Muhler! :flowers: Here are some cute pics of the described event:

Crown Princess Mary taking her children Prince Christian and Princess
Isabella to visit the Emdrup School in Fredensborg, August 9, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

dazzling 08-13-2010 02:07 PM

Lovely pictures of Mary and the kids. Were those picture taken from watching the other children go to school?

Prinsesse 08-13-2010 05:31 PM

The kids are adorable. I can already picture Bella picking up the snail and bugging her brother with it ;)

CrownPrincess5 08-15-2010 10:48 PM

Those are nice pics.
I love the way she's involved with her kids.

iceflower 08-16-2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prinsesse (Post 1124248)
I can already picture Bella picking up the snail and bugging her brother with it ;)

:lol: That would have been funny indeed..

The following BB article has the pics in a bigger version:

** Mary tog børnene med til første skoledag **

Australian 08-16-2010 07:04 AM

DANISH Crown Prince Frederik and wife Mary may be en route to the princess's home city of Hobart.
The royals are expected to sneak into the Tasmanian capital tomorrow, Woman's Day reported.
Princess Mary and Danish royal family to visit Tasmania, magazine says | News.com.au

ladybelline 08-16-2010 07:54 AM

Lene Balleby, the Royal Communication Chief, confirmed Mary is en route to Australia:

Mary rejser alene på ferie | MSN Starlounge

CP Frederik is not with her because he's acting as regent until August 24th, neither Christian and Isabella who are just back to the kindergarten.

Marika86 08-16-2010 09:42 AM

The article appeared on Billed Bladet about Mary's trip in Australia:

Billed-Bladet - Nu rejser Mary alene til Australien

Madame Royale 08-16-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybelline (Post 1124891)
Lene Balleby, the Royal Communication Chief, confirmed Mary is en route to Australia:

Mary rejser alene på ferie | MSN Starlounge

A rather short visit, as the Crown Princess is attending the wedding of Nikolaos and Tatiana in Greece next week.

Lumutqueen 08-16-2010 01:08 PM

Short trip to visit her family it's nice. :flowers:
Mary looked wonderful at the event yesterday.

lancchick 08-16-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian (Post 1124878)
Mary may be en route to the princess's home city of Hobart.
The royal is expected to sneak into the Tasmanian capital tomorrow,

More news on the visit: Princess Mary is in Australia on a secret visit | The Daily Telegraph

Lumutqueen 08-16-2010 02:23 PM

They are all saying "secretly" travelled, but we know about it.

4Pam 08-16-2010 07:36 PM

Maybe it was suppose to be a secret but someone got wind of it and announced it. But is it safe for her to be traveling all the way to Australia? Or maybe it's still early enough for some traveling?

missjane 08-16-2010 09:19 PM

I'm really happy for her that she is visiting home and that she is doing that alone. I think its a good chance for her to catch up with her family without all the media attention that bringing the whole family would attract. Also a quick trip is easier without the children.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1125109)
Maybe it was suppose to be a secret but someone got wind of it and announced it. But is it safe for her to be traveling all the way to Australia? Or maybe it's still early enough for some traveling?

It is fine for a pregnant woman to travel early on in pregnancy and with Mary being so fit and healthy, there should be no concerns. It is only in the later stages and especially with twins, that it is not encouraged.:flowers:

Madame Royale 08-16-2010 10:40 PM

The Crown Princess arrived in Hobart, Tasmania, just before 11:00am AEST.

Polly 08-17-2010 12:04 AM

Mary's also attending her close friend Amber's 40th birthday party in Adelaide in a few days' time.

Frederik is in Singapore at an IOC meeting (I think) so there's speculation as to whether or not he'll 'drop in', too.

lancchick 08-17-2010 12:16 AM

First pictures and details of Mary's arrival in Tasmania :flowers:: Mary arrives in Hobart Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225906312062

https://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...=entertainment

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1225906349130

Tarlita 08-17-2010 03:28 AM

I saw on the ABC news here that the police warned the media not to intrude on Prss Mary's or her sister's family privacy during her short visit. I think it is great she can fit in some quiet time with her sisters and their families before attending Amber Petty's 40th birthday party on Saturday. Then it's off to Greece for the wedding of a favourite cousin. Prince Nicholas was with Frederik the night he met Mary in Sydney during the Olympics in 2000.

Lighthouse 08-17-2010 04:04 AM

Staying at her sister's house probably isn't a bright idea especially if they've had problems with media intrusion in the past.

Madame Royale 08-17-2010 04:09 AM

The media have been warned to respect the privacy of Danish Crown Princess Mary during her stay in Tasmania.

Media warned on Princess Mary's privacy - ABC Northern Tasmania - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

dazzling 08-17-2010 05:08 AM

Great seeing Mary back in Australia, im pretty sure the media is going crazy. It been a while since she has been back, nice to catch up with family & friends. Im pretty sure she wont be back till the twins are a bit older (6 or 7 months maybe)
To what I understand the law passed, she can be photographed out & about but not at her family/friends home, correct?

Video of Mary arriving

JessRulz 08-17-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1125212)
To what I understand the law passed, she can be photographed out & about but not at her family/friends home, correct?

Yes - an amendmend to an Act was passed last year, and states that a person cannot "visually record a person 'in circumstances where a reasonable person would expect to be afforded privacy' and then distribute the images". Essentially, if Mary is within the bounds of her sister's home, photos of her there cannot be sold without the photographer (and possibly also the purchaser) facing a fine or 12 months in jail.

iceflower 08-17-2010 06:11 AM

A picture gallery of her arrival - the hunt for pictures is maybe even
increased as to the hunt for baby belly pictures..

** Princess Mary Arrives Into Hobart **

AnnaNotherThing 08-17-2010 08:19 AM

I don't think Mary has a baby bump as such, but I do notice she is a bit wider or thicker around the waist...maybe this is just how the weight is distributed in her pregnancies...You can see the thickening in the navy blue dress and brown dress she was wearing a few days ago...

dazzling 08-17-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1125220)
Yes - an amendmend to an Act was passed last year, and states that a person cannot "visually record a person 'in circumstances where a reasonable person would expect to be afforded privacy' and then distribute the images". Essentially, if Mary is within the bounds of her sister's home, photos of her there cannot be sold without the photographer (and possibly also the purchaser) facing a fine or 12 months in jail.

Thanks Jess.
Wasn't this law passed after Mary's last visit to Australia? From all the photographers that surrounded her and the family?

JessRulz 08-17-2010 09:17 AM

:previous:

Possbily, as the law was an amendment in Tasmania, not the whole of Australia. Although there is most likely a similar sort of law in the rest of the states. I think that it's a great step - it protects not only Mary, but other celebrities/people of status when they are within private property minding their own business (Nicole Kidman will definately like it ;)).

Marika86 08-17-2010 09:18 AM

News about the visit on Billed Bladet:

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary er nu hos familien i Hobart

Zonk 08-17-2010 12:13 PM

Well I think the new law should take care of some of those problems.

I imagine that the Danish court announced that Mary was in Australia as way to deal with inquiries of people wondering where she was if she wasn't seen in Denmark for a few days or if she is seen in Australia and no one said anything. We know how those conspriacy theories go don't we?

In addition, I am sure Mary got the necessary approvals to travel via plane from her doctor. I have never been pregnant but I believe you can't fly after six months right? If that is the case, this is her last opportunity to visit her family before the babies are born. She certainly won't have the time after the babies are born.

dazzling 08-17-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1125312)
Well I think the new law should take care of some of those problems.

I imagine that the Danish court announced that Mary was in Australia as way to deal with inquiries of people wondering where she was if she wasn't seen in Denmark for a few days or if she is seen in Australia and no one said anything. We know how those conspriacy theories go don't we?

But the court usually doesn't announce when the family leave on private holidays because its private if im not mistaken.

Zonk 08-17-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1125347)
But the court usually doesn't announce when the family leave on private holidays because its private if im not mistaken.

There is a first time for everything. The Danish Court was proactive and did the right thing in announcing that Mary was/is going to Australia for the following reasons:

1) This would have prevented the "Where are Mary's questions" if she wasn't seen in Denmark. If they had announced this.....some people might have assumed that the Court was hiding Mary and that something wasn't going well in her pregnancy OR

2) If the Danish court didn't say anything abut Mary being in Australia, when she was actually seen in Australia either with her sisters or going to Amber's 40th birthday, then the Court might have held to deal with this...why is Mary in Australia? Is everything okay.

This way...its out in the open. People are going to make their own judgements calls but at least you can minimize any issues.

crownprincessrhey 08-17-2010 04:32 PM

i think it's great that she has some time alone with her family...with the twins coming, she'll definitely have her hands full

iceflower 08-17-2010 05:21 PM

All posts from today about CP Mary's sunglasses have been moved
to the appropriate fashion thread:

** Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - **

lancchick 08-17-2010 06:15 PM

I've noticed that she's visited the Salamanca Markets every time she's headed back to Hobart. Given that it's still early morning there, it will take some time before venturing out.

Emmily 08-17-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1125312)

In addition, I am sure Mary got the necessary approvals to travel via plane from her doctor. I have never been pregnant but I believe you can't fly after six months right? If that is the case, this is her last opportunity to visit her family before the babies are born. She certainly won't have the time after the babies are born.

Generally speaking, most drs prefer that you NOT travel during the last trimester. With the other two starting school this is a great time for her to get a visit in with her family.

Madame Royale 08-17-2010 10:35 PM

The Crown Princess and her sisters, Jane and Patricia, managed to escape the media's grasp this morning as they drove into Hobart. A police blockade (a car) at a roundabout (I believe) cut off the following media pack that was in pusuit, and the three sisters managed to drive on, unfollowed and free to enjoy their day.

greenways 08-18-2010 12:46 AM

Seems Mary or her minder's are learning a few tricks on keeping the media at bay! She is entitled to private time for sure but the danish taxpayer will be stumping up for various casts involved with her visit and the australian tax payer as well. (cops blocking round about)? So, hopefully, she will afford the media some 'snapping' time at some stage. Part of the pay off for the life she lives IMO. Saying that, happy holiday Mary!

Duke of Marmalade 08-18-2010 04:09 AM

The Danish court is good at confirming issues that should be private (eg holiday in OZ) but warning about respecting privacy at the same time. How ridiculous. We've been here before. They are big attention creaters while claiming at the same time they want privacy what you dont get when you shout from the rooftops what you are going to do.

This OZ visit will be no different from the ones before. It will be a big "Mary Homecoming Tour" with lots of media that of course nobody wanted there. It will be a "Here I am" behind sunglasses on the most public places and statements requesting for privacy.

This whole circus reminds me of certain Hollywood B or C listers: Telling the Paps where there are going and then complaining about the harrassment.

Pictures of the pregnant Mary coming home to OZ in the world media are priceless, you dont need to be Einstein to know that. Its all about attention, the DRF is no different. Only that they usually do this ridiculous attempt to cover their true intentions.

Muhler 08-18-2010 05:19 AM

I disagree with you.

It's Tasmania that has imposed privacy laws, which in my opinion should be a basic human right. It was the Tasmanian police which cautioned the photographers and informed them of the legislation.
Not the DRF.
What was the court supposed to do?
The interest surrounding Mary and her pregnancy is high and you can hardly hide her going to Tasmania. So why not confirm it while she is on her way? It would appear the press had got wind of it anyway.
The DRF did not publish her visit beforehand.

As for this being a publicity stunt. I think you are being unfair towards Mary and the DRF. What would be the purpose of going all the way to Tasmania just to hide behind sunglasses? If she wanted genuine exposure, she would attend some function in the full media glare.

I mean, come on! What is Mary supposed to do?
If she stay low, she is an attention seeker.
If she hold a press conference, she is an attention seeker.
Is she is out in public she is an attention seeker.
If she is at an event, she is an attention seeker.
- Is she not allowed to visit her family in Australia?
Would you prefer that her entire family was shipped to Denmark or to another country? Eventhough some of them presumably have jobs and what not, they can't get away from just like that.

Try give Mary the benefit of doubt and accept that she might also be a human being.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1125518)
The Danish court is good at confirming issues that should be private (eg holiday in OZ) but warning about respecting privacy at the same time. How ridiculous. We've been here before. They are big attention creaters while claiming at the same time they want privacy what you dont get when you shout from the rooftops what you are going to do.

This OZ visit will be no different from the ones before. It will be a big "Mary Homecoming Tour" with lots of media that of course nobody wanted there. It will be a "Here I am" behind sunglasses on the most public places and statements requesting for privacy.

This whole circus reminds me of certain Hollywood B or C listers: Telling the Paps where there are going and then complaining about the harrassment.

Pictures of the pregnant Mary coming home to OZ in the world media are priceless, you dont need to be Einstein to know that. Its all about attention, the DRF is no different. Only that they usually do this ridiculous attempt to cover their true intentions.

Katelle 08-18-2010 06:31 AM

:previous:

Couldn't say it better Muhler. And above all, LAW IS LAW. In some countries like mine, thank God it is a basic knowledge and understanding that people can control their image. Mary has every right to do whatever she wants. She is the Crownprincess in Denmark, so there is nothing ridiculous if you get some pics of her doing anything be it at the circus or on a more official event. And then if she wants to get pivate at her sister's then it's her will and the law gives her the right to do it so what's the problem? Poor us, poor paps, no twin-bump pics to sell to tabs or other magazines but that's life.:hammer:

Lighthouse 08-18-2010 07:02 AM

I found an on-line article about Mary's stay:

Mary ventures out and about Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

dee4855 08-18-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1125526)
I disagree with you.

It's Tasmania that has imposed privacy laws, which in my opinion should be a basic human right. It was the Tasmanian police which cautioned the photographers and informed them of the legislation.
Not the DRF.
What was the court supposed to do?
The interest surrounding Mary and her pregnancy is high and you can hardly hide her going to Tasmania. So why not confirm it while she is on her way? It would appear the press had got wind of it anyway.
The DRF did not publish her visit beforehand.

As for this being a publicity stunt. I think you are being unfair towards Mary and the DRF. What would be the purpose of going all the way to Tasmania just to hide behind sunglasses? If she wanted genuine exposure, she would attend some function in the full media glare.

I mean, come on! What is Mary supposed to do?
If she stay low, she is an attention seeker.
If she hold a press conference, she is an attention seeker.
Is she is out in public she is an attention seeker.
If she is at an event, she is an attention seeker.
- Is she not allowed to visit her family in Australia?
Would you prefer that her entire family was shipped to Denmark or to another country? Eventhough some of them presumably have jobs and what not, they can't get away from just like that.

Try give Mary the benefit of doubt and accept that she might also be a human being.

Thank you Muhler! Finally someone gets it.:flowers: It does not matter what she does it is always wrong, or there is some hidden agenda behind it. I see a young woman going home for a visit that will be very hard for her in a few months with two newborns. Did you ever think DoM that she might just be homesick and miss her family. She does not have a mother to discuss things with. It has been said many times she is very close to her older sister. I am sure the prospect of two new babies is overwhelming to her. It would be to anyone. Maybe she just needs a motherly shoulder and reassurance for a few days.

If she just dropped out of sight for a few days of not taking the kids to school, picking them up there would be rumors flying all over the place. I am sure the DRF knew something had to be said to stop it before it started. It is really time to stop making a mountain out of a family visit.

Madame Royale 08-18-2010 07:28 AM

The media interest in Mary will never go away. Not here. And It's somewhat sure to only intensify as the years move forward with the growing of her children and the expectation of her becoming Queen.

marymaxima 08-18-2010 01:24 PM

Princess Mary arrives in Hobart, ahead of trip to Adelaide | Adelaide Now

Lumutqueen 08-18-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymaxima (Post 1125653)

It's nice that she's visiting her friends as well.

Quote:

"She was travelling with a Danish bodyguard and a female minder, you can't mistake her,'' he said.
She's not a baby, she doesn't need a "minder", I assume they mean Tanja or Caroline.

ashelen 08-18-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1125660)

She's not a baby, she doesn't need a "minder", I assume they mean Tanja or Caroline.

I think may be is a woman who help her with the hair, make up cloths?

Madame Royale 08-18-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

It's a private visit. Theres no reason that either Caroline or Tanja should have accompanied Mary on this trip.

I believe the term 'minder' refers to someone employed by either the court, or government, to know of Mary's exact whereabouts at all times. And to assist the Crown Princess in any way she may find necessary.

Or even on a flight, a member of staff can be allocated a person for whom they are responsible throughout the entire flight, thus becoming that persons 'minder'.

lancchick 08-18-2010 02:11 PM

The Tasmanian law must be working; I find it a bit silly that one website said,
Quote:

Mary and five others surprised the media by speeding down the steep driveway of the West Hobart home of her sister Jane Stephens just after 8am in a silver Toyota Prado, accompanied by a police escort.

Their car joined a steady stream of traffic making their way into the city on its way to an unknown location.
Hobart's not that big, right? There's probably only a few places to go that are cool enough to hang out at. I'm sure if they wanted to find her, Mary could be found. That said, I guess nobody wants to risk a fine/jail for a picture of Mary hanging out with her sisters. Does anybody know how much a picture of Mary commands? I doubt it's worth the risk of the fine.

I'm personally disappointed. :sad: I would have liked to have seen her out and about.

Madame Royale 08-18-2010 02:13 PM

I'm still not making much sense of the whole "circus" business I'm affraid.

She's stepping off a plane... hardly a surprise.

Lumutqueen 08-18-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1125664)
It's a private visit. Theres no reason that either Caroline or Tanja should have accompanied Mary on this trip.

I believe the term 'minder' refers to someone employed by either the court, or government, to know of Mary's exact whereabouts at all times. And to assist the Crown Princess in any way she may find necessary.

Or even on a flight, a member of staff can be allocated a person for whom they are responsible throughout the entire flight, thus becoming that persons 'minder'.

Surely a bodyguard would do the job of knowing where she is at all times?
"To assist", well surely her ladies-in-waiting, two people who are her friends as well, seeing as she doesn't have Frederik or the kids to keep her company, would be better at that than some employed stranger from the government?

She hasn't been home for 2 years, of course people are going to want to take pictures and post news articles about her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1125670)
I'm personally disappointed. :sad: I would have liked to have seen her out and about.

It's a private short visit home, we're hardly going to get much.

marymaxima 08-18-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

the "minder" is a woman bodyguard... I see this woman in other time!

Zonk 08-18-2010 02:39 PM

Personally I believe a law like protects the privacy of public officials should be on the books elsewhere as well. Public officials when they are doing public events should be public. Private should mean private. Even animals in a zoo are allowed some sort of privacy.

I love how the press mentioned that Mary's party sped thru the streets (as if they are doing 60 to 70 mph). If you are standing still on a street, anyone going as fast 40 mph might be considered to be going "fast."

And no, one bodyguard is not sufficent. I am sure her minder is someone who is also a bodyguard. There are probably people on the ground who are watching Mary.

lancchick 08-18-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1125678)
It's a private short visit home, we're hardly going to get much.

We got a whole bunch in 2006 and 2008.

Danish Royal Watchers: November 2006

Princess Mary does the shopping run on trip home to Tasmania

Zonk 08-18-2010 02:41 PM

Yes but I believe the events of the previous visits have led to the current law. From what I remember and have read, it was a bit of a zoo. People trying to get all kinds of pictures of Fred, Mary and the kids.

lancchick 08-18-2010 08:10 PM

Yes, Zonk, you're right. I'm sure Mary wants to avoid this situation again: https://i37.tinypic.com/14j94dj.jpg Notice the television camera behind her.

The weather in Hobart today and tomorrow is not exactly warm and sunny. Travelling with kids always means you have to provide endless entertainment. Given that Mary's alone this time, she's probably content with hanging out and watching television. :tongue: She works very hard all year long, she deserves a relaxing break.

Update: Somebody did manage to take a faraway picture of her. :ohmy:

And it's a pretty good article on the privacy law: Peeping Tom laws shield Mary Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

Terri Terri 08-18-2010 09:19 PM

Yeah...that is indeed a faraway picture of CP Mary and its hardly likely to satisfy the media. They are not getting the photos they really want...and that's photos of CP Mary's baby bump...or at the very least, her stomach! I'm sure that the media was expecting to get photos like they did when Mary visited Tasmania on the past 3 visits....they have not been successful so far!

Lumutqueen 08-19-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1125688)

How long were they there last time?
Plus it was with the whole family and not under the current new laws.

Muhler 08-19-2010 06:28 AM

Excerpt from article in Billed Bladet #33, 2010.
Mary til fest i Australien - Mary to party in Australia.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who caught up with Mary during the fashion week.
Q: How is it to go to work for so many hours with twins in the belly?
M: "I'm a little more tired than usual but it's lovely to be pregnant and lovely to be at work. It's so exiting and inspiring to meet so many creative people here in the fashion week. And then all of sudden a lot of twins also pop up. It's very curious,(*) isn't it? I think I will get a lot of good advise from parents of twins in the time to come".

Q: You are pregnant with twins but one can hardly see that on your belly, how do you stay in such a good shape?
M: "I'm fortunate. Yes, that must be the answer. Perhaps I'm just one of the fortunate".

Q: You have also been looking at baby clothes. Have you already chosen something for the twins?
M "There is much lovely (**) clothes for children at the fair. And you (***) always get inspired here at the fashion fair. So yes, the fingers are itching, but it's still too soon for buying clothes for the twins".

Q: What does it mean for you that your two children know that twins are on the way?
M: "It's nice that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella are happy that we are going to have twins. But I still don't think that my children completely comprehends what is going to happen. My belly isn't so big yet either. So it will probably only dawn on them in earnest when my belly begins to grow big. But I know that Christian and Isabella look forward to it. He, for becoming a big brother once more. She, for becomming a big sister for the first time. All four of us are happy. We were right from the beginning".

(*) She used the word "pudsig" = a more formal/polite way of saying funny. She clearly has that expression from QMII.

(**) She used the word "yndigt" = lovely, but in a more feminine sense. It can also mean that something looks adorable. You never use the word "yndig" in connection with a man, unless you wish to tease him or be punched on the nose.

(***) Mary actually says "one", because that is normal in Danish but I usually translate with "you", because that sounds more natural in English. Hence the odd use of "one" when she speaks English.

And now I need a little guidance from the moderators. Where should I put this? In the general thread here? The wedding thread? Or a jewelry thread?

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #33, 2010.
Where a John Funder asks about Frederik's wedding ring which he is rumoured to have lost and wheter Frederik is now wearing a copy.

Jon Bloch Skipper relies that Frederik allegedly did lose his wedding ring during a dive at Key West in Florida in January 2008.
The ring was unique in the sense that is was made from the very first gold mined from the Greenlandic mine Nalunaq in Nanortalik.
It is told that royal jeweller, P. Hertz, made a copy for the Crown Prince.

When the paper BT enquired about the ring the court replied: "We have no comments to the story. That is a private matter".
P. Hertz denies making a copy.

Jon Bloch Skipper adds: "My bid however is that he actually did lose the ring and that it was so annoying that no one wished to go further into that subject. The main character (Frederik) himself was presumably not at all happy".
It's an interesting statement from Jon Bloch Skipper, as a historian and expert on the DRF, he is usually very reliable.

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #33, 2010.
Mary meldte afbud til sin veninde - Mary had to cancel her friend.
Written by Henrik Salling.

The designer, Julie Fagerholt, whom Mary know very well, was presented to an award by the magazine Alt For Damerne.
Mary was supposed to attend, but had to cancel.
The article speculates as to whether that had something to do with the pregnancy. especially as Mary had a long day at the Fashion Fair ahead of her the next day.

ashelen 08-19-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1125890)
Excerpt from article in Billed Bladet #33, 2010.
Mary til fest i Australien - Mary to party in Australia.

i am quite surprise that she call her own kids prince and princess, eventhoguht they certenly are , first are her hids than royals, just my point of view.

lancchick 08-19-2010 12:22 PM

Mary Charms Hobart: an article with no pictures on her activities in Hobart.

Mary charms Hobart Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

And here's one with a pretty good photo: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1225907536786

Muhler 08-19-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1126016)
i am quite surprise that she call her own kids prince and princess, eventhoguht they certenly are , first are her hids than royals, just my point of view.

All the other members of the DRF do the same thing. Protocol I guess.

marymaxima 08-19-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1126024)

And here's one with a pretty good photo: Lunch for three please! Mary takes bump for mammoth meal | News.com.au

thank you very much!
Always think that every day is more thin...
and the photos make you be more fat! MY GOD!

wearing the same clothes in the fashion week...

Emmily 08-19-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1126024)

And here's one with a pretty good photo: Lunch for three please! Mary takes bump for mammoth meal | News.com.au

The headline on the last link is too funny - Mary takes bump for mammoth meal!

asturiana 08-19-2010 05:08 PM

Mary de Danemark : Dernière visite de la future maman à sa famille, en Tasmanie, avant de ne plus pouvoir voyager !

lancchick 08-19-2010 11:20 PM

Princess Mary heads to Adelaide

And she's off... to Adelaide. According to the article, Mary has already left Tasmania. Princess Mary heads to Adelaide - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Madame Royale 08-20-2010 12:41 AM

:previous: As noted in the above article, the Crown Princess flew from Hobart to Melbourne this morning, where HRH caught a connecting flight to Adelaide.

That flights duration is around 55 to 60 minutes.

lancchick 08-20-2010 02:12 AM

Princess Mary of Denmark stops off in Melbourbe on way to Adelaide | Herald Sun

I'm not sure who "Tasmanian Greens Senator Bob Brown" is but he's probably interesting? :rofl:

And... First pic of Princess Mary's arrival in Adelaide https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225907583821

marymaxima 08-20-2010 07:43 AM

photos with amber

https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...0-getimg-3.jpg
https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...0-getimg-2.jpg
https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...0-getimg-1.jpg
https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...0-getimg-4.jpg
https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...0-getimg-5.jpg
https://www.cotilleando.com/attachmen...010-getimg.jpg

Lumutqueen 08-20-2010 07:55 AM

Those pictures are fairly close-up.

Aotearoagal 08-20-2010 08:57 AM

Princess Mary isn't wearing her wedding ring in these photos - but in her earlier pregnancies she wore her rings right through. Pardon the suggestion, but is it possible that she is thin yet her hands are swelling? I hope Amber will feed her and the twins up on some roast South Australian lamb! I was going to say "washed down with some fabulous Coonawarra red" ...

Madame Royale 08-20-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1126310)
Princess Mary of Denmark stops off in Melbourbe on way to Adelaide | Herald Sun

I'm not sure who "Tasmanian Greens Senator Bob Brown" is but he's probably interesting?

Bob Brown is the Federal Parliamentary Greens leader. Certainly a tongue in cheek comment.

sofajr 08-20-2010 11:14 AM

arrival to airport:

Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images

lancchick 08-20-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymaxima (Post 1126368)

Isn't that Princess Marie's dog??? How'd he get there? :lol:

iceflower 08-20-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1126453)
Isn't that Princess Marie's dog??? How'd he get there? :lol:

:lol: Good question! Seems he escaped and found his way into one of Mary's travelling bags :biggrin:

Aotearoagal 08-20-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1126402)
Bob Brown is the Federal Parliamentary Greens leader. Certainly a tongue in cheek comment.

Mary did voluntary PR work for the current Australian Environment minister when he headed an environmental organisation in Sydney in the late 1990s, and Bob Brown is now a very powerful man on the mainstream political scene in Australia (he may hold the balance of power) - so Mary would certainly have been interested to catch up. She very probably knows Bob (a fellow Tasmanian) from way back. So it may not have been tongue in cheek - but who knows?

greenways 08-20-2010 11:14 PM

Yes, election day here in australia, timely to hear about Bob Brown!

Roxsteve 08-21-2010 12:49 AM

Mary seems really full of herself...not sure why I get that impression. Maxima, for instance, seems so relaxed and not as stuck up as other princesses...not sure why I get that feeling...I guess it is just that a feeling and nothing more.

missjane 08-21-2010 01:08 AM

:previous: Really???????????
I don't get that at all. I think she is confident and probably that can sometimes come off as being self centered. Remember, she is "off duty" so to speak and probably doesn't like the photographers shoving cameras at her.

Roxsteve 08-21-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 1126614)
:previous: Really???????????
I don't get that at all. I think she is confident and probably that can sometimes come off as being self centered. Remember, she is "off duty" so to speak and probably doesn't like the photographers shoving cameras at her.

You are right...I think it could be just that.

marymaxima 08-21-2010 01:59 AM

More and beautiful photos:
Mary på shopping med familien - Billede 17 | MSN Starlounge

And 1 video:
https://player.video.news.com.au/adel...sajd3mWVfvB_Le

RubyPrincess168 08-21-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aotearoagal (Post 1126384)
Princess Mary isn't wearing her wedding ring in these photos - but in her earlier pregnancies she wore her rings right through. Pardon the suggestion, but is it possible that she is thin yet her hands are swelling?

It's possible. I know that if you don't get them off by a certain part they might have to be cut off. I also know people who have an "extra" ring they wear during pregnancies instead of their E&W rings. Slightly larger, cheap, etc.

Aotearoagal 08-21-2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymaxima (Post 1126618)

Thanks RubyPrincess. In pic 9 in Hobart it's also clear that Mary isn't wearing her wedding ring.

KitKat2006 08-21-2010 06:02 AM

:previous: This may be a silly, but if Mary would be german pic 9 wouldn't say anything about her wearing her wedding ring or not, because in Germany we wear our wedding rings on the right hand. Therefore: is it clear that she wears her wedding ring on her left hand or do Danish maybe wear their wedding rings on their right hand, too? :confused:

Muhler 08-21-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1126657)
:previous: This may be a silly, but if Mary would be german pic 9 wouldn't say anything about her wearing her wedding ring or not, because in Germany we wear our wedding rings on the right hand. Therefore: is it clear that she wears her wedding ring on her left hand or do Danish maybe wear their wedding rings on their right hand, too? :confused:

The vast majority wear the wedding ring on the left hand in DK. I've seen a few wear it on the right but haven't thought much of it.