The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/)
-   -   The Wittstock Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/the-wittstock-family-28205.html)

Nathalie Cox 07-16-2010 12:00 PM

The Wittstock Family

I was wondering about Charlene's family. I've seen pics of her brother, but not of her mum and/or dad. Anybody has pics or info?

Lumutqueen 07-16-2010 12:01 PM

All I know is their names, Lynette and Mike and that they still I think live in SA.

Nathalie Cox 07-16-2010 12:05 PM

Thanks Lumutqueen!
I've been searching for pics (of her brother) but i can't find anything. But i know i've seen him! He went to the Grand Prix gala, i think? Maybe in the that thread i can find him.

Lumutqueen 07-16-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1112488)
Thanks Lumutqueen!
I've been searching for pics (of her brother) but i can't find anything. But i know i've seen him! He went to the Grand Prix gala, i think? Maybe in the that thread i can find him.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Here we go.

Nathalie Cox 07-16-2010 12:14 PM

Thank you :flowers:
He is good looking.
I hope we'll see more of him and her parents as the time goes. The only sure thing is that we'll see them at the wedding.

Lumutqueen 07-16-2010 12:20 PM

When it comes to the weddding maybe, but I don't imagine we'd see them much after.

Thtregoddess11 07-16-2010 02:00 PM

Her mom and Dad are Mike and Lynette Wittstock, they live in South Africa. He is a computer analysist, she a former competitive diver. Charlene has two younger brothers, Gavlin (b. 1980?) <he attended the Amber Lounge Fashion show with her in 2010>and Sean (b. 1983).
She was born in Zimbabwe, and moved to South Africa when she was 10. Charlene attended the Tom Newby primary school in Benoni, South Africa.
Other than that, I'm not finding much about them. but like Lumutqueen said-I don't think we'll hear much about them until the wedding, and then after that, maybe nothing until Charlene and Albert have children, and nothing after that.

Renata4711 07-16-2010 02:53 PM

CW's brothers are called Gareth and Sean

Timea83 07-16-2010 03:05 PM

Charlene's father is Mike Wittstock (b. on 8th Ferbruary 1948) owns a little firm which sells computers. Her mother, Lynette (b. in 1957)is a former professional swimmer and competitive driver. She was only 20 when Charlene was born. She has two brothers Gareth (b. 1979) and Sean (b. 1983). He works for his father. Charlene's family has German descent. Her great-great grandparents emigrated from Mecklenburg- Vorpomerrn (from a city near Hamburg) because the were poor peasants who couldn't earn so much mooney. They believed in a better life and they settled down in East London in the British colony ( now called Zimbabwe). As Charlene describes Wittstock family is a well united, hard working family.

Renata4711 07-16-2010 04:27 PM

Just a small correction - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is an area north of Berlin, and it borders on Poland.

Thtregoddess11 07-16-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1112488)
Thanks Lumutqueen!

You might be able to find pics of Garthe there or at the Amber Fashion show this year-I think he sat next to her at either or both events. Not sure if he just attended the Gala or also attended the Grand Prix with his sister and her future family....

agogo 07-17-2010 02:01 AM

Have not seen photos of her parents. No family photos of Charlene and her sibilings, and parents. Why???

Renata4711 07-17-2010 02:20 AM

I expect they might want to retain a little bit of privacy before "the big day".

Compare the Swedish wedding - I bet very few people outside Sweden would have known who Prince Daniel's parents and siblings were.

Lumutqueen 07-17-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agogo (Post 1112774)
Have not seen photos of her parents. No family photos of Charlene and her sibilings, and parents. Why???

Why because none have been released or found by the press.
Her brother Gareth has attened one event in Monaco, I don't see why we should see her parents until before the wedding.

LadyMacAlpine 07-17-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1112846)
Why because none have been released or found by the press.
Her brother Gareth has attened one event in Monaco, I don't see why we should see her parents until before the wedding.

Actually there are photos of the family. Charlene with her parents. If people really want to see photos and know about the relationship between Charlene and her family go back to first thread in 2006 and follow it to the next one. There is a photo of her grandmother standing in front of the refrigerator with photos of Charlene on it taken by the tabloid when they interviewed her. There is a photo of her father and brother taken during an interview with a Tabloid and her father asked was she happy in Monaco because they hadn't heard from her or seen her in over a year. Its all been posted you just need to look for it. She also said in an interview she hadn't seen or spoken to them in sometime. There is a PR campaign going on right now to make Charlene look better however, you can't change the truth. I won't be surprised to heard her interview insulted some of the Monégasques.

Lumutqueen 07-17-2010 12:05 PM

Well no recent pictures then.
I can't imagine she hasn't spoke to them for a year.

Nathalie Cox 07-17-2010 12:10 PM

LadyMacAlpine that's a nice photo, thanks.
I didn't know that she supposedly don't have contact with her parents for some time now. What her father said, about how she is doing in Monaco, is odd.

Zonk 07-17-2010 12:26 PM

Do we have any sources that support this estrangement?

Renata4711 07-17-2010 04:56 PM

Even if she had not seen her parents for a while, there is always the telephone, and, as onlookers, we can only hope or surmise when and how often they had been in contact. But is this really our business ??

LadyMacAlpine 07-17-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1112965)
Do we have any sources that support this estrangement?

It was all posted on this board. A former mod tbhrc I recall posted the article on the grandmother. The article with her father and brother with photos was Aktuelle February 2, 2008, so I was off when that was. I posted the cover. Albert and Charlenes Relationship as many of the older articles and photo linksits no longer readable. I did go through the old threads to locate photos where people can get the old interviews by Charlene. Gareth now visits her about the time of the Grand Prix He also posted photos on his Facebook account.

Angeline 07-18-2010 01:03 AM

They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??

Renata4711 07-18-2010 01:17 PM

There is a Craig Wittstock who lives in Benoni, S.A., and is the Chairman of Benoni Northerns Cricket club.
https://bncc.co.za/31801.html

A website on Wittstock families in the US in 1920:

wittstock Family History Facts 1920 - Ancestry.com

And on this site: FamilyTreeSeeker.com - STRUENSEE - Family Tree Surname Search Results
A possible link to families related to Wittstocks in the Brandenburg area in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

Tosca 07-19-2010 08:18 AM

According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta

LadyMacAlpine 07-19-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 1113690)
According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta

Heres a translation. Thanks Tosca.

Timea83 07-19-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine (Post 1113746)
Heres a translation. Thanks Tosca.

It is interesting. Mrs. Wittstock is 53 years old. Is she retired?Does she have a job? How can she spend al her time with her daughter in the palace?

Nathalie Cox 07-19-2010 05:17 PM

Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law :lol:

rosana 07-19-2010 05:37 PM

That would be pathetic.

LadyMacAlpine 07-19-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1113960)
Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law :lol:

That makes her a year older than Albert.

Bahamagirl 07-19-2010 09:45 PM

I would like to know how Albert feels dating and then marrying the daughter of someone who is basically his age. This whole thing with Albert does not look good-- to me anyway.

Zonk 07-19-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angeline (Post 1113199)
They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??

I don't know about that. They sounds like normal parents whose daughter/son has been dating a particular person for a long period of time and they don't understand why there isn't or hasnt been a wedding.

I spoke with a client last week and we were talking about planning a vacation for next year, and I said...is there any family event that we need to block off for your vacation, and she said...my son is engaged but we don't need to worry about that. Leading me to think that either she didn't think the relationship was going to last or they have been engaged for a bit and a wedding date is not in the near future.

Zonk 07-21-2010 09:44 PM

Please note that several off topic posts regarding the age difference between Charlene and Albert have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Renata4711 07-22-2010 03:55 AM

Further to my post #22, more info on the place-name and personal name "Wittstock":

Translation of place-name: "witt" = "white"; "stock" = "root stock".
"Witt-" also occurs in names like Wittenberge

The town's history: originally Slaw population; first recorded in 946; became a town in 1248; 1638 Black Death.
In order to increase the population after several large fires, the city fathers imported 1,750 people from the south of Germany.

Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlene Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athleti...27s_400_metres
Estie Wittstock from South Africa competed in the 2004 Olympics - a relative ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulawayo - Charlene cited as a notable resident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wittstock

Nathalie Cox 07-22-2010 08:26 AM

Interesting to see that the family name has some history. I've read somewhere that they have something "in common" with the Grimaldis, because (supposedly) Charlene's family comes from pirates too...i don't know if that's even true, and i don't remember the source.

Renata4711 07-22-2010 02:37 PM

We don't have to worry about pirates. The American forebears of Grace came from the south of Germany. The Wittstocks came from northern Germany, but, as I indicated in my posting, some of the southern people were forcibly moved to the north.

I'll try and check up on pirates....but there's now a picture of Estie Wittstock in LIFE magazine:
https://www.life.com/image/51206309

Another Wittstock sighting:
https://www.cstm.co.za/Paddocks_Press...-_May_2009.pdf : Denise Wittstock - something to do with insects...

... and a Ken Wittstock, about Martial Arts in ZA
https://www.jka.co.za/magazines/SA%20...sue%202004.pdf

Renata4711 07-25-2010 08:54 AM

Prince, Charlene to wed in July

I've copied this link from post #345 - Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

Thtregoddess11 08-08-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 1113690)

The website is wrong. Mama Wittstock is pretty much under her husband's lock and key, housebound most days with several dogs in S. Africa, and he comes home from "work" at 7PM, demanding his dinner every night like clockwork.

And the fact that she's given interviews to the South African newspaper The Citizen recently proves the therory she is still based in South Africa, and not in Monaco.

COUNTESS 08-08-2010 08:51 PM

I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.

Thtregoddess11 08-08-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1122574)
I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.

at least that's what I've found out anyway. I've read that information in various places. Can't find the articles now though...but it's there.
And she's definately located in South Africa, not Monaco. INDEFINITELY. To quote The Citizen article with the Lynette interview, "Lynette said she and her husband had planned to visit Charlene last week but that their trip was placed on hold because of former President Nelson Mandela’s birthday celebrations.'Right now we are waiting for Charlene to give us the green light,' said Lynette." source
I know someone who knows the Wittstocks and lives in South Africa, and they have seen Lynette recently.
Besides, who are you to judge what someone you've never met knows? Talk about hypocritical...and I *thought* one of the TRF rules was to respect each other, even if they have different views?

COUNTESS 08-08-2010 10:22 PM

This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.

Thtregoddess11 08-08-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1122585)
This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.

Not necessarily. The exact words from the friend that knows them that were given to me when I asked her if it was true Lynette was in Monaco with her daughter, and not in SA: "Mike would never let Lynette out of his sight, if fact she is house bound most days with about 8 dogs, and at 7pm sharp, Mike gets home, and wants his dinner like clock work. "

Jaya 08-09-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 (Post 1122589)
Not necessarily. The exact words from the friend that knows them that were given to me when I asked her if it was true Lynette was in Monaco with her daughter, and not in SA: "Mike would never let Lynette out of his sight, if fact she is house bound most days with about 8 dogs, and at 7pm sharp, Mike gets home, and wants his dinner like clock work. "

I am glad to read that they are affluent enough so that Mrs. Wittsock does not have to work outside the home also.It appears like a good united family with decent children.If the aforementioned is true they have many pets.

Renata4711 08-09-2010 03:45 AM

Hi Goddess and Countess,

does it really matter who said what, or who didn't ??

If either of you could get more details about the Wittstock family, I'm sure everyone on TRF would be delighted.

LadyMacAlpine 08-09-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 (Post 1122589)

Then you don't have a documented source for your quote? Why I didn't post Gareth moved to Monaco last October according to a member who lives in Monaco. It was posted on another board.

Thtregoddess11 08-13-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine (Post 1122741)
Then you don't have a documented source for your quote? Why I didn't post Gareth moved to Monaco last October according to a member who lives in Monaco. It was posted on another board.

no, a friend of mine gave me the information (and this friend is also a friend of the Wittstocks in South Africa, and has seen Lynette in SA as recently as in the last few weeks).
Lynette gave an interview to a South African newspaper shortly (The Citizen) after the engagement was announced...therefore, she still HAS to be in South Africa. Perhaps they all visited her for an extensive period of time, and may come back around the time of the wedding for a while, but they don't actually live in Monaco.

Besides...what does it MATTER where they are living? Their relationship with Charlene and Albert is pretty much the way the relationship he has with his kids-a very private one, that deserves to stay that way, and nor are they part of the Princely family or anything like that-THEY ARE NOT THE PUBLIC FIGURES, so let them live their private lives and stop analyzing every little move they make (or don't). It's not fair to them.

LadyMacAlpine 08-13-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 (Post 1124212)
no, a friend of mine gave me the information (and this friend is also a friend of the Wittstocks in South Africa, and has seen Lynette in SA as recently as in the last few weeks).
Lynette gave an interview to a South African newspaper shortly (The Citizen) after the engagement was announced...therefore, she still HAS to be in South Africa. Perhaps they all visited her for an extensive period of time, and may come back around the time of the wedding for a while, but they don't actually live in Monaco.

Besides...what does it MATTER where they are living? Their relationship with Charlene and Albert is pretty much the way the relationship he has with his kids-a very private one, that deserves to stay that way, and nor are they part of the Princely family or anything like that-THEY ARE NOT THE PUBLIC FIGURES, so let them live their private lives and stop analyzing every little move they make (or don't). It's not fair to them.

I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Charlene is a public person and it makes her family one as well because people are interested in her family and how she was raised.Its one of the things they will have to get use to. Also if they wanted a private life they wouldn't have been giving interviews.

Zonk 08-13-2010 09:21 PM

I actually disagree with that assessment.

The Wittstocks are private individuals whose daughter has chosen a public life. They are no different from the children and/or parents of other well known personalities.

We want to know about them because we feel that it will help us know and/or understand Charlene. Who are her parents and siblings, what do they do for a living, what was Charlene like as a child, etc.

So they have given a few interviews, big deal. They want to share their stories about Charlene. Also, it might be new and cool to see yourself on the television and in print. They are new to the game. Marie of Denmark spoke to the press when she started dating Joachim that was harmless in retrospect but I remember how she was rakesd over the coals for that!

IMO they are being a little naive. Once the press turns on them (as they have done the Middletons, the Donaldsons, and Letizia's family) and start to question them (hence the stories about if or if they are not in Monaco, living off Albert's money), they will become a little more private and you might not hear a peep from them until the wedding.

It only takes one bad experience to get burned by the press for some.

Now if they continue to pursue the press and the wedding has come and gone, and two years later (and no babies are born) and we are still getting these stories, well that would be something different. They are seeking to become public people.

Renata4711 08-14-2010 04:05 PM

That's a fair and astute appraisal, IMO.

The "litmus test" for the Wittstocks would be, as you say, the amount of self-generated interest the family may or may not display.

Having said that, I hope the press will keep a suitable distance to them, and the Wittstocks will bear themselves with dignity, and without any unbecoming behaviour or stories..... watch this space...

NGalitzine 09-17-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaya (Post 1122642)
I am glad to read that they are affluent enough so that Mrs. Wittsock does not have to work outside the home also.It appears like a good united family with decent children.If the aforementioned is true they have many pets.

You do realize there are other reasons why a woman might wish to work outside of the home besides economic reasons right? Even in affluent families this is not uncommon.

melina premiere 11-06-2010 02:55 PM

Essex gazette talks about the family of Charlene Wittstock who lives in England, they talk about Charlene when she was young, I will see all the ordinary critizes some persons will say, that is an ordinary family, she was ambitious, she draw a princess as she was 5 years old.

Nathalie Cox 11-06-2010 03:44 PM

:previous: the article you say:

thisistotalessex.co.uk: Essex family's royal relations

Nathalie Cox 11-16-2010 09:39 AM

An interview given by Lynnette, Charlene's mother:
Prince, Charlene to wed in July

Renata4711 11-19-2010 02:35 PM

I tried to get this page: www.citizen.co.za/index.php?option=com_content
bit it still won't work, not even the cached version.

There is an article on Monaco National Day, though !
The Citizen Online | Monaco princess-to-be makes first ceremonial appearance - People in the News

melina premiere 11-22-2010 05:57 AM

Renata, i will explain you how to do to have the interview, we have not the same opinion about Charlene but I will do that. You writte on google "Charlene Wittstock grandfather remenbered", you click you will have lokal Benoni with the history of the grand father; on the open right, there is a small case , you click loading you have the case "search "you writte chalene wittstock in it and you have many news on this page and among there is the little interview of the Charlene's mother. Charlene looks like a little his grandfather.

Nathalie Cox 11-30-2010 11:04 AM

Another one, Charlene's parents are excited about the wedding (which is natural)

A royal wedding date is set - General | looklocal Benoni

Lynette says Charlene is a model. Is she?

LadyMacAlpine 11-30-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1168430)
Another one, Charlene's parents are excited about the wedding (which is natural)

A royal wedding date is set - General | looklocal Benoni

Lynette says Charlene is a model. Is she?

She once did SA Sports Illustrated. Any other modeling would have to be the posing for photos with Albert and the ones now being taken of her.

Nathalie Cox 11-30-2010 05:11 PM

^oh, yes the Sports Ilustrated Mag! That would be her only professional shoot as a model i guess. And there are a few of her as a mermaid (i think, or at least that was the idea/concept of the shoot) with long hair.

Zonk 11-30-2010 05:16 PM

Well I think a model can be can be anyone who has modeled in a fashion show or taken pictures. That includes those who model during fashion weeks or those who model at their local department store. A model can be someone who appears on fashion magazines that appear at the newstand or a model who appears in a direct mail magazine for Chadwicks, Ann Taylor, etc.

I think there are different levels of modeling. Not to be funny but there are. So I don't think we should be so easy to dismiss the model claims...we don't know everything she has done in her lifetime. I agree that there has been a "revision" of the resume but again we aren't privy to every second of Charlene's life so who knows what she has done in the past.

LadyMacAlpine 11-30-2010 06:45 PM

If she was a model I'm sure the Palace would have used that instead of Youth Worker or at least added it. It could be that is what she told her parents she was doing once she moved to Monaco since she no longer had sponsors supporting her.

Zonk 11-30-2010 06:51 PM

But why would Charlene's mother mention the modeling and she didn't.

Perhaps like most parents, Charlene's mother remembers a lot of things that Charlene did while growing up that Charlene didn't consider important. My mother is always mentioning things that I have done now and in the past, that I don't consider particularly important.

My point is that we shouldn't be so readily dismissive of such a claim. For all we know, Charlene modeled as a baby. There are tons of contest in teh states where people try to get their babies used as models. With that in mind, there is a possiblity that Charlene doesn't know about it.

snowflower 12-01-2010 01:58 AM

Isn't there a chance that Lynette simply told it as an expression, you know, sort of using " she is a model" instead if saying " she has a great figure" ?

Renata4711 12-01-2010 11:18 AM

This seemed to me, at first, a trivial debate, but I changed my mind.

Okay, so the Jon-Benet Ramseys are one kind of model (and one which is not readily understood in the UK).

There are professional fashion models, and we all know who they are.

However, one of the largest supermarket chains in the UK has a new policy about models for the cover of their magazine: only "normal" women appear on the cover, i.e. no professionals or celebs.

There is no saying that these amateur models may not, in time, have some success in modelling, and perhaps this is what Lynette Wittstock is alluding to.

Nathalie Cox 12-02-2010 11:05 AM

Pics of the family: (Hola article)
Lynette, looking exactly like Charlene
Gareth
Posing for the camera

melina premiere 12-03-2010 11:19 AM

A part the photos of Charlene baby with her parents and the photo of the brother Gareth, I never saw the other members of the family, Charlene's mother is pretty, i saw on an other forum that she is born the same year of Princess Caroline(1957), I don't know if it is Gareth on the photo, because this one is taller, there are also photos in PDV, it is nice to see them. We saw already Kate Middleton'parents, why not the parents of Charlene?.PDV says that they were in the crownd waving the couple at the National fest

Lakshmi 12-03-2010 09:00 PM

Charlene parents were in the crowd waving at National Day? :ohmy: Charlene is official royal fiance, her parents should be inside palace, they of course should not be at the balcony b/c they are not family members, but in the crowd?:wacko:

So they were not invited by Albert, just by CW. It might be OK that Albert did not invite them, just Charlene, but their presence within regular folks waving at Palace Square set another red flag. No parents of official fiance stand in the crowd of commoners while their daughter stands on balcony. :nonono:Remembering that they were not invited for engagement celebration-another red flag. Weird, weird.:ermm:

MRSJ 12-03-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melina premiere
i saw on an other forum that she is born the same year of Princess Caroline(1957)

Wow! Really? Caroline looks so much older then her- Hmmm.....

melina premiere 12-05-2010 03:28 AM

It was the national fest, the national fest of the prince, There are rules and for the balcony, there are only dignytaries and Nonce of the pape and Mgr Barsi who are hosted.We never saw Charlene the last years at this fest.But In this last year, Her brother was often seen with her sister, and after the engagement, we saw him in the princely loge with Charlene and the prince Albert at the Hercules Games,he was there at the red cross at the gala in 2009.In the small interview by phone Charlene's mother said they must go to Monaco , and they will go many times for the weedding 's preparations.A cousin of England says that she visited Charlene and her mother at Monaco this last summer. I think that they don"t want to be seen in public, but the weedding approching they will be seen many times.There were so criticed when they spoke a little here on this board or on other forums that I ask myself why I read this

Renata4711 12-05-2010 11:29 AM

It might well be the case that the Wittstocks were around on National Day.

PA did "warn" everyone that his and CW's marriage will be "unconventional".

That can mean that rules may be infringed, added to, or broken by the couple, as and when they choose.

goody7058 12-05-2010 06:07 PM

Why get marry? Why this family getting play they do nothing. Just like their daugther.

Zonk 12-05-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goody7058 (Post 1170891)
Why get marry? Why this family getting play they do nothing. Just like their daugther.

I am confused. What do you mean...they do nothing? Are you saying that the Wittstocks have never worked a day in their life? If so, do you have any proof to support such a claim?

We don't even know for sure if they were at National Day. And if they spend time in Monaco before and after the wedding, how is that different from the Kelly's (who were and still are pictured at certain events)?

melina premiere 12-05-2010 06:46 PM

I agree with you Zonk,We never saw photos of Charlene's family apart of Gareth her brother who was in may and june 2010, but no photos of the others members of the family or we saw many photos of Kate's family.But it is normal we see The family wittstock at Monaco because there is soon the weedding. The father of Charlene works yet.Why critize a brother and a mother because they visit Monaco, Charlene is far of her family. We don't know if the family was there at the national fest.

NGalitzine 12-05-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi (Post 1170229)
Charlene parents were in the crowd waving at National Day? :ohmy: Charlene is official royal fiance, her parents should be inside palace, they of course should not be at the balcony b/c they are not family members, but in the crowd?:wacko:

So they were not invited by Albert, just by CW. It might be OK that Albert did not invite them, just Charlene, but their presence within regular folks waving at Palace Square set another red flag. No parents of official fiance stand in the crowd of commoners while their daughter stands on balcony. :nonono:Remembering that they were not invited for engagement celebration-another red flag. Weird, weird.:ermm:

Have you considered the possibility that if her parents were in Monaco, they would already have been inside the palace, but on this occassion they might have wanted to join the crowds outside, get a feel for the celebrations and also enjoy seeing their daughter waving from the balcony along side her fiance. Of course the other possibility is that they were not there at all but safely home in South Africa living their own lives.

Renata4711 12-06-2010 12:26 AM

It's up to them whether or not they visit their daughter, and when.
How can we possibly object to parents visiting their children ???

We, the public, have neither right nor opportunity to do any such thing.

Angeline 12-06-2010 11:13 AM

I think it is fair to say that if relatives-to-be are visiting from another country, no matter who we are, would try to have them as our guests and possibly pay for many things during their stay. He is a multi-billionaire and can afford to keep them in the fashion he has been keeping their daughter. It makes sense that they are his guests and that they are living on his dime while they are there. Why not, he would want them to feel at home being their future son-in-law.

The comments about how the Wittstocks live at home are blatant accusations about Michael Wittstock being an abusive partner and should be removed from this site unless they are substantiated. This means CW came from an abusive family which definitely changes how we all will look at her.

Or maybe Lynette liked making dinner for her husband for when he got home from work? Some people have happy marriages.

This thread is awful.

goody7058 12-06-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1170892)
I am confused. What do you mean...they do nothing? Are you saying that the Wittstocks have never worked a day in their life? If so, do you have any proof to support such a claim?

We don't even know for sure if they were at National Day. And if they spend time in Monaco before and after the wedding, how is that different from the Kelly's (who were and still are pictured at certain events)?

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying CW don't job neither her brother so how are they support themselves. And for the Kelly they do have job most of the time they are not in Monaco because of they jobs.. So you can prepare CW family with PA family.

Zonk 12-06-2010 09:33 PM

I am sorry.....how do you know that Gareth doesn't have a job? And that he spends most of his time in Monaco because he doesn't have a job.

Do you have anything to support such a statement?

Renata4711 12-07-2010 04:09 PM

I'm confused also.....but because I can't understand why some posters have it in for the Wittstocks. It reminds me a bit of the Middletons who also have to put up with the same types of lurid tales dreamed up by the press and other outlets.

There should be international laws which protect privacy of the families of "celebs" and Royals. After all, it's not the fault of the wider families that the media want to draw them into the stories.

Zonk 12-07-2010 08:02 PM

:previous: Unfortunately it looks like that people who have concerns and/or a dislike for Charlene tend to manifest those feelings towards her family as well. The same goes with the Middletons.

Comments are made that Gareth is at Monaco for National Day and all of sudden he is leeching off Albert and crew and has never worked a day in his life. Same thing a while back when it was claimed that the Wittstocks have been living in Monaco for months maybe years and it turns out that they were still in South Africa. All of this may be true or it may not be true. I just wish people would back up their statements.

Charlene has a public life her family does not. There are plenty of families out there who seek publicity (and we watch them on weekly shows, they are always front and center when their established family member is doing something, etc.) So far, I don't see anything of the kind from the Wittstocks. I would also take that with a grain of salt. Look at Letizia's family. I for one, dont think they seek publicity but I think the press seeks them out and they are accused of the same thing.

But its a double edged sword. If Charlene doesn't have anything to do with her family after her marriage...then all of a sudden...she is too good for the family...and has turned her back on them. Likewise if all of sudden they start visiting Monaco and are of course leeching off of Albert. Because you know...they didn't visit Monaco in the past...of course they didnt...their daughter didn't live there.

If they decide to visit Charlene in Monaco, and Albert decides to house them in the Palace instead of putting them up in a hotel? Is that being a leech or are you being a good host? I don't know.

I just wish people would back up their claims.

melina premiere 12-08-2010 10:53 AM

I never saw the mother of Charlene nor her father, we saw sometimes Gareth, the brother, we saw him at red cross in 2008, and this year at an event with her sister and after the engagement at the Hercules games behind Charlene Wittstock and prince Albert, it is said in Gala, he was ingeneer in informatic.I thinck he can travel more than the other members of the family Wittstock, he can see her sister who is alone far her family, and Prince Albert is agreed that he visites her sister.We will see more the family because the weedding is near and like many families, the two parts will want know the other membersof the family before the ceremony

Renata4711 12-08-2010 01:22 PM

Well said. They will need some time to get to know one another.
Gareth seems to have chosen his father's career as a software engineer.

I rather think that the Wittstocks have already had plenty of opportunities to meet - after all, they've had several years to do so.

Zonk 12-08-2010 01:29 PM

Is anyone familiar with the South African vacation policy? I know some countries give great vacation time. Maybe he has like 4 weeks of vacation and he pops over when he can. Or works for himself as a consultant...then he would have a lot of flexibility.

NGalitzine 12-08-2010 08:07 PM

In RSA it is a minimum of 33 days vacation and stat holiday time off/
Mercer ranks countries' paid-vacation policies - Jun. 13, 2007

Of course it really is none of our business what her brothers do for a living, how often they do or do not visit Monaco, or who foots the bills for the visits. The Wittstocks are a private family and are entitled to live privately (even when visiting their now famous sister).

Fürstin Taxis 02-11-2011 12:44 PM

Charlenes father was hijacked :ohmy:

Father of princess-to-be hijacked - General | looklocal Benoni

The car, a Mercedes Benz C180, belonged to one of Wittstock's clients, who loaned it to him to go down to Durban to see his daughter.

Wittstock parked the car in his driveway after 10pm and two men approached him coming from his yard and hit him with an AK47 on his face.

According to WO Jannie van Aswegen, communication officer for Benoni SAPS, this was a planned hijacking as the two men waited for Wittstock inside his yard.

After attacking him the two men forced Wittstock to lie down on the ground.

They took his personal items including his watch, a gold chain, his ring, bank cards and cell phones.

Wittstock sustained a broken nose and facial injuries.

The men are still at large with the car.

Hope he is fine! :ermm:

Christine10 02-11-2011 12:48 PM

I know, that's crazy! I bet the family will have sercurity now!

FanofMonaco 02-11-2011 01:55 PM

Luckily it was the car they wanted and not him.

agogo 02-12-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1170915)
Have you considered the possibility that if her parents were in Monaco, they would already have been inside the palace, but on this occassion they might have wanted to join the crowds outside, get a feel for the celebrations and also enjoy seeing their daughter waving from the balcony along side her fiance. Of course the other possibility is that they were not there at all but safely home in South Africa living their own lives.

It's possible that Prince Albert allows what he wants. Princess Grace made palace protocol changes when she became princess and it seems as if Prince Albert too is making protocol changes with his marriage. It could not be easy living with medieval antiquated rules all the time. Prince Albert has indicated that he wants to modernize the palace. Perhaps protocol is being modernized and updated too.

melina premiere 02-12-2011 03:43 AM

There were photos of the Charlene'smother with her brother and perhaps two cousins on the newspaper , it was just the day after the national fest of Monaco.It is a family which seems to be very discret, (the Catherine'parents are on the british newspapers), I remember when Prince Rainier married with Grace Kelly, all the newspapers talk about the all Kelly family.Happily it is not the case of the family of Charlene, there would be yet critisms on .I always remember the lot of critism when her brother was on the photo with her or when he was guest of the red cross gala.
Family of Charlene lives like other families in Johannesburg, the proof, father was hidjacket because, he had no bodyguard, I hope there will be a policeman around the house to protect the parents untill the weedding.South Africa is a beautiful land but anybody can be robbed and killed for money, it is verey unsafety

rob2008 02-12-2011 03:59 AM

Do the Wittstocks not originate as holders of a castle and land in the Holy Roman Empire dating back to the 1100s? Their arms still in place in an elaborate 16th Century carving in a church in their territory of Nieburg? One held high judicial office in the Court of the Empire in the 1400s?

melina premiere 02-12-2011 04:55 AM

What I read about the family of Charlene ,that the family of her Father came from Germny in XIX century and the Father of her mother was english and he came of England to the Rhodesia in 1947 with his family, he married a Girl of Rhodédia, they lived with the all family in Balawayo where Charlene was born and when Rhodesian became Zimbabwe some of the family went to South Africa and some members returned to England where they lived in Essex,and Charlene uses to see them in England.They will be very lucky, they has two weeddings , one of their cousin and one of their Prince William

agogo 02-13-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob2008 (Post 1204154)
Do the Wittstocks not originate as holders of a castle and land in the Holy Roman Empire dating back to the 1100s? Their arms still in place in an elaborate 16th Century carving in a church in their territory of Nieburg? One held high judicial office in the Court of the Empire in the 1400s?

No No No

melina premiere 02-16-2011 07:17 AM

"On point de vue" in the report of the travel of Charlene Wittstock,we saw a very little photo of the Family Wittstock following the race of Charlene with her team

Christine10 02-16-2011 07:49 AM

can someone post that photo here.

ortiz 02-17-2011 09:35 PM

I hope the press does not constantly harrass Charlene's family, I know that there is probably a certain amount of media that they have to field leading up to the
marriage but certainly they should be left to live in peace after the wedding as they seem like very private people.

mtatum 02-17-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melina premiere (Post 1204147)
There were photos of the Charlene'smother with her brother and perhaps two cousins on the newspaper , it was just the day after the national fest of Monaco.It is a family which seems to be very discret, (the Catherine'parents are on the british newspapers), I remember when Prince Rainier married with Grace Kelly, all the newspapers talk about the all Kelly family.Happily it is not the case of the family of Charlene, there would be yet critisms on .I always remember the lot of critism when her brother was on the photo with her or when he was guest of the red cross gala.
Family of Charlene lives like other families in Johannesburg, the proof, father was hidjacket because, he had no bodyguard, I hope there will be a policeman around the house to protect the parents untill the weedding.South Africa is a beautiful land but anybody can be robbed and killed for money, it is verey unsafety

The Kelly family during the 50's was media-worthy not just because of Grace Kelly but because of their own achievements and wealth. Jack and Margaret Kelly were a power couple especially in Philadelphia, and their 3 other children married well (Grace was to marry last among her siblings), so it was not as if they were marrying for publicity or money.

Jack Kelly was also into local politics so he and his family were media-savvy. They knew how to deal with reporters and photographers.

So it will be very interesting to see how the Wittstock family will deal with the publicity, the sudden interest, and the gossip.

melina premiere 02-18-2011 03:06 AM

They lare living like many other familyes, they are very discret, we do not see many photos on them.The Kelly family liked the publicity.Before the wedding , the mother of Grace kelly told the life of her daughter and she said she had so many boyfriends she could make a collar with her names and Grace was very angry about them.There was an history when her brother divorced and he wanted to be a mayor, the mother of Princess Grace was again him and Grace was yet angry

LadyMacAlpine 02-18-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melina premiere (Post 1206442)
They lare living like many other familyes, they are very discret, we do not see many photos on them.The Kelly family liked the publicity.Before the wedding , the mother of Grace kelly told the life of her daughter and she said she had so many boyfriends she could make a collar with her names and Grace was very angry about them.There was an history when her brother divorced and he wanted to be a mayor, the mother of Princess Grace was again him and Grace was yet angry

You weren't around when we were discussing the interviews with her family including her grandmother. The posts and articles are in Alberts threads before Charlene got her own thread. Every member of the family has talked to the press.

melina premiere 02-18-2011 09:24 AM

She was yet a swimmer and the father seemed to talk about her as swimmer, I think her grandmother who was aged was taken and surprised by Bunte, but it doesn't last many time from 2006, we know nothing about the family at the contrary the Kate Middleton'sfamily who talks about her daughter in the press, but it was normal for her not for Charlene, A part a Photo of Charlene Baby with daddy and mummy, Charlene at school, we did not know about her family. There was a silent, the first photos came when her brother came to some events and when her mother came with her brother at the time of National fest and we saw her for the first time and at the Midmar Mile we had a little photo taken on a boat published by Point De Vue, we can not say that they are always in the press, but we will see the family soon because there will be the wedding, but I repeat they are very discret, no thing to say about.

LadyMacAlpine 02-18-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melina premiere (Post 1206562)
She was yet a swimmer and the father seemed to talk about her as swimmer, I think her grandmother who was aged was taken and surprised by Bunte, but it doesn't last many time from 2006, we know nothing about the family at the contrary the Kate Middleton'sfamily who talks about her daughter in the press, but it was normal for her not for Charlene, A part a Photo of Charlene Baby with daddy and mummy, Charlene at school, we did not know about her family. There was a silent, the first photos came when her brother came to some events and when her mother came with her brother at the time of National fest and we saw her for the first time and at the Midmar Mile we had a little photo taken on a boat published by Point De Vue, we can not say that they are always in the press, but we will see the family soon because there will be the wedding, but I repeat they are very discret, no thing to say about.

Incorrect she was living in Monaco when a photo of her father and brother with the reporter when her father asked was she happy since they hadn't spoken to her in over a year. The article was the one that told of Charlene having accounts in about every store in Monaco not to mention she had his credit card and it was reported he gave her 40,000 a month to live on. A store owner also talked to. You must have missed it. Don't forget the press would have had more interest in the Kelly's for the reasons Mtatum stated.

You want to argue over every post that doesn't suit your image of the perfect family and how wonderful and beautiful Charlene is. Talk about Kate and her family in a bad light. Zonk has said not to do things like that and some right after your posts. I got the message but apparently you haven't. Sorry Zonk she gets on people nerves and not just mine. I'm not surprised people think she is a friend of Charlene's or works for the Palace.

Nathalie Cox 02-18-2011 11:01 AM

LadyMacAlpine, let her...she is just a hard die fan that doesn't accept the reality of things...for her, Charlene and her family are just the image of perfection.

Renata4711 02-18-2011 12:25 PM

It's worth remembering that we are an online community where everyone is meant to be equal. It's not edifying watching others starting small wars amongst them.

LadyS 04-15-2011 07:03 AM

Article from Benoni City Times about the possibility of the Wittstock family moving to Monaco.

Charlene Wittstock`s family in limbo about moving to Monaco - General | looklocal Benoni