The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2010 - June 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princesses-beatrice-and-eugenies-fashion-and-style-part-2-june-2010-june-2011-a-28024.html)

Mirabel 06-12-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1266369)
Loved Bea's hat at the service, today, and the color of her outfit.

What did she wear?
I haven't been able to find a picture.

roseroyal 06-12-2011 02:07 PM

Look at the video clip in Prince Phillip's 90th birthday thread.

princess gertrude 06-12-2011 04:23 PM

The color is nice but all that lace is what I'm not liking. The jacket kind of put the outfit over the top also.

roseroyal 06-12-2011 11:11 PM

I have not seen a full viw pic of Bea's outfit. Can someone find one please?

dazzling 06-13-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1265926)

I thought her dress looked very pretty and elegant. The jacket made it look younger IMO but not sure if i'd like it for a wedding.

4Pam 06-13-2011 05:09 PM

I liked Beatrice & Eugenie's outfit today. Really love Eugenie's hat too.

muriel 06-14-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1267390)
A few picture of the York girls. Both looking great, love the green color, especially for her age & the season.

Gettyimages.com
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I think Beatrice looks lovely at Ascot today.

Dierna23 06-14-2011 10:42 AM

She does! The hat is quite "lady", her hair is just lovely here and the rest of the outfit is also well-chosen, IMO. Thumbs up!
Eugenie's hat is actually cute, the colors suit her well, but I'm not sure about the skirt/dress...

dazzling 06-14-2011 10:46 AM

Beatrice's overall looked really nice but it did age her a bit, maybe the dress. I loved her hat & the simplicity of it.

Mia_mae 06-14-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dierna23 (Post 1267402)
She does! The hat is quite "lady", her hair is just lovely here and the rest of the outfit is also well-chosen, IMO. Thumbs up!
Eugenie's hat is actually cute, the colors suit her well, but I'm not sure about the skirt/dress...

Doesn't look like a green-emerald version of the dress Beatrice wore to that wedding this past Saturday?
https://madhattery.royalroundup.com/w...n-beatrice.jpg

Dierna23 06-14-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mia_mae (Post 1267408)
Doesn't look like a green-emerald version of the dress Beatrice wore to that wedding this past Saturday?
https://madhattery.royalroundup.com/w...n-beatrice.jpg

It certainly does! Well spotted, Mia! :flowers:

Molly2101 06-14-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dierna23 (Post 1267402)

I, for once, really like Princess Eugenie's entire outfit. I think I adore the little green hat enough to enjoy the entire ensemble. :D

Lumutqueen 06-14-2011 01:54 PM

Love both girls today, can't wait for the next few days.

MagMil 06-14-2011 01:59 PM

Today both sisters looks lovely :smile:

Zonk 06-14-2011 02:07 PM

Is it just me or does the dress/skirt that Eugenie wore today similar to the dress/skirt Beatrice wore to the wedding on Saturday. Just different colours?

udyusa 06-14-2011 02:15 PM

It isn't just you, Zonk. It looks the same to me, as well! And to be honest, it doesn't look any better in a different color. Just imho, of course...

Princess of Durham 06-14-2011 02:22 PM

Someone needs to help these girls with their fashion choices. It's fine to experiment but too often they get it wrong and it is easy to get a reputation for bad fashion. Beatrice looked better today though a bit drab, IMO.

Molly2101 06-14-2011 02:47 PM

They looked better today than they have done as of late. We should at least commend them on that!

udyusa 06-14-2011 02:50 PM

I couldn't agree more, Princess of D. Unfortunately, they both get it wrong more often than right... and they already have a bad reputation when it comes to fashion. There is always something just a bit off.

stephanievl 06-14-2011 03:10 PM

Princess Eugenie is wearing Issa
Royal Ascot 14/06/2011 - Fashion of royals

Mirabel 06-14-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udyusa (Post 1267566)
It isn't just you, Zonk. It looks the same to me, as well! And to be honest, it doesn't look any better in a different color. Just imho, of course...

Mine too.

Eugenie seems to like full skirts, yet I think an A-line would suit her better.
And both the green and the purple lace dresses look garish.

However, I like the little green hat, too.

I think Beatrice looks frumpy in her outfit, it adds years!.

roseroyal 06-14-2011 08:02 PM

Loved Bea and Eugenie at Ascot- very ladylike

Iluvbertie 06-14-2011 08:34 PM

Though Beatrice looked lovely but Eugenie isn't quite getting it yet - but she is only 21.

ayvee 06-15-2011 09:38 AM

Princess Beatrice's nude and black dress is from 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2011:

https://www.daylife.com/photo/0e4P1RN...ncess+beatrice
Day One of Royal Ascot, 14 June 2011

Amber Heard In 3.1 Phillip Lim – TCF Television Distribution Party « Red Carpet Fashion Awards

muriel 06-15-2011 10:07 AM

In these straightened times, and when the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge are so clearly and actively recycling their clothes, it is interesting to see that the York girls are rarely seen to repeat their outfits for when they appear with the royal family. Reactions?

Zonk 06-15-2011 10:16 AM

Maybe its because they don't have as high a profile as the Duchess of Cambridge and Cornwalls. They don't have the same number of engagements so they don't have to retry their wardrobe.

Plus Beatrice has undergone a weight loss, which is always a legitimate reason to spruce up ones wardrobe IMO.:flowers:

lady Arsinae V 06-15-2011 05:16 PM

Pic 1** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
she owns that color and style!!! maybe she should use the bohemian style of dress

tp://www.daylife.com/photo/0e4P1RN...ncess+beatrice
Day One of Royal Ascot, 14 June 2011

maybe the hem line should be a little longer

Lumutqueen 06-17-2011 10:18 AM

Day four, Princess Eugenie
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

MagMil 06-17-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1268946)

She looks beautiful,this is a lovely combination :smile:

Duchessmary 06-17-2011 10:57 AM

Ah geez, the hat is ghastly!!! :bang:

Dierna23 06-17-2011 11:13 AM

I disagree, the hat is okay, but IMO not worn properly. It would have looked better with an updo and actually it might not suit Eugenie's shape of face that much. But the hat per se is not bad, IMHO. ;) Overall she looks very pretty - lovely make up and hairstyle. She seems to let her hair grow which would look good. The colors are quite neutral and suit her well, but still jacket and dress make her look a tad "bulky". In my opinion Eugenie is a very pretty girl - prettier than Beatrice - and if she had a general makeover and someone who would give her advices, she would look just wonderful. Beatrice - apart from the wedding hat - is doing SO MUCH better lately! :flowers:

Lumutqueen 06-18-2011 10:17 AM

Princess Eugenie, day 5
https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27733885.html?citemId=3232046-4https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27733928.html?citemId=3232046-2

courtesy of MagMil.

Eugenie looks lovely, both girls have looked stunning since their wedding mishaps.

Princess of Durham 06-18-2011 10:30 AM

Badly in need of a full length mirror. Dress is waaaay too tight and her hair as usual looks awful. I am amazed, doesn't this girl (and her sister) look around and see other young ladies who look very nice and make a connection. I'm beginning to wonder if she thinks she can just wear anything, any old way because she is a Princess. This look is absolutely embarassing. :bang:

stephanievl 06-18-2011 10:33 AM

I love that red dress on her, think she looks very nice today!

Mia_mae 06-18-2011 10:37 AM

I like the dress. She's a curvy girl, so the dress shows just that.

Look Picture details

Her dress is clearly the longer one

Victoria's Secret 06-18-2011 10:46 AM

Sorry, but that dress does nothing for her figure, IMO. The color suits her really well though...

Princess of Durham 06-18-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mia_mae (Post 1269403)
I like the dress. She's a curvy girl, so the dress shows just that.

Look Picture details

Her dress is clearly the longer one

And tighter one. :rofl:

Duchessmary 06-18-2011 12:10 PM

Horrors!!! Why doesn't someone take this young lady aside and tell her her fashion choices are terrible?:bang:

Lumutqueen 06-18-2011 12:16 PM

That might be in your opinion but not in other peoples, not everyone thinks she looks terrible.

Renata4711 06-18-2011 12:21 PM

Well, she is a "well-built girl", and I think both mum and dad have tendencies towards weight gain.
Apart from serious slimming, there's nothing they can do.

But then, many men like full-bodied women.....

Lumutqueen 06-18-2011 12:24 PM

It's strange, Beatrice had a program to loose weight, now people call her too thin. Eugenie is described as "full bodied" and to look good she must slim?

Both girls look beautiful, they're obviously happy and that's what matters.

iceflower 06-18-2011 03:00 PM

This is a fashion thread, so please try to stay on topic of this thread, further weight discussions will be deleted without notice!

sliver_bic 06-18-2011 03:16 PM

I see a young lady in a dress that fits her damn well. Not a fan of the head wear, could've given that more thought but I think she looks great over all.

Mermaid1962 06-18-2011 03:40 PM

I like the dress, but it's too tight. There appears to be straining of the fabric around the sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1269398)
Badly in need of a full length mirror. Dress is waaaay too tight and her hair as usual looks awful.

dbarn67 06-18-2011 05:19 PM

I love this look on Eugenie, except the hat. IF you have curves flaunt choose fitted curve accentuation styles. If clothes are not fitted they widen the wearer.

NotHRH 06-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67
I love this look on Eugenie, except the hat. IF you have curves flaunt choose fitted curve accentuation styles. If clothes are not fitted they widen the wearer.

When all is said and done, HRH Princess Eugenie of York is wearing a tight, ill-fitting dress. It is not that she did not look in a full length mirror before leaving her abode, it is that she did look in a full-length mirror and still decided to wear what she already had on. She is only 22 year-old, and will hopefully find her way in deciding what looks best on her. Also in some way, she and her sister seem as though they want the media to notice them. IDK

charlottestreasures 06-18-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1269596)
I like the dress, but it's too tight. There appears to be straining of the fabric around the sides.

Yes the dress is different from her usual frocks, but it is poorly fitted
and too low in the front.

Marika86 06-18-2011 07:51 PM

Royal Ascot 2011: Princess Eugenie steals the show as she shows off her svelte figure in a stunning McQueen dress | Mail Online

Mirabel 06-18-2011 08:18 PM

Eugenie's clothes always look too tight for her.

jen121419 06-18-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1269390)
Princess Eugenie, day 5
https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27733885.html?citemId=3232046-4https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/27733928.html?citemId=3232046-2

courtesy of MagMil.

Eugenie looks lovely, both girls have looked stunning since their wedding mishaps.

The dress is a bit tight, but she still looks great and I love that color!

Iluvbertie 06-18-2011 08:48 PM

I think she looks fabulous in the red dress. Solid colours are clearly the way to go for these girls as they look so much better in straignt lines - no frills or padding type stuff - but solid colours and straight lines.

4Pam 06-18-2011 08:51 PM

I think Eugenie looked great! Love the dress/color on her. Great shoes but she could have picked a better hat. I don't think the dress is too tight. If it was tight she wouldn't have been able to get in it.

COUNTESS 06-18-2011 09:19 PM

The dress is too tight and, also, ugly. But the designer should be hung out to dry for this mess. Don't they design for the person, have they no eyes, are there no mirrors. Who pays them? The hat is atrocious, as well as the shoes. Designers should be the ones that are mocked. Not the poor kid who paid a bundle for crap.

sliver_bic 06-18-2011 09:27 PM

It wears nicely on her. Maybe it's because I'm a red blooded male with a similarly shaped girlfriend but I quite like it. :P

Duchessmary 06-18-2011 10:05 PM

I think Eugenie has a beautiful figure. But why wear ill-fitting clothes??

sliver_bic 06-18-2011 10:10 PM

I don't get the ill-fitted tag. Some of the jackets she's worn in the past have been far too tight but the dress seems fine to me. It hugs her body but doesn't strangle it. Mind you I know little about fashion but that's how I see it.

jdcharlie 06-18-2011 11:10 PM

I like idea of the dress for Eugenie, but it did not fit. A dress like that is supposed to flatter the curves, not expose every panty line, love handle, bra roll, etc.

What surprises me is that considering she is spending so much on dresses, that she does not have them tailored to fit. What's the point of an ill-fitting dress that costs thousands of pounds?

Princess BellyFlop 06-18-2011 11:23 PM

The dress was way too tight and Eugenie was lucky that none of the dress'seams bursted!

jemagre 06-18-2011 11:40 PM

I think the dress was more suitable for cocktail hour than ascot. She needed something more conservative. I will giver her credit though much better than the 80s teal/white combo. Bad hat though.

dazzling 06-19-2011 02:03 AM

I thought the red dress was a great choice, color & style wise, it went very well with her headpiece, I liked the color combination.

Sternchen 06-19-2011 07:09 AM

I really liked the combination including hat and shoes :smile:

rsfc149 06-19-2011 10:32 AM

She looked great ;) She's not the smallest person but still she has a great body. I have to say I liked all her hats she wore at Ascot this year.

Lumutqueen 06-19-2011 11:09 AM

Princess Beatrice, You're Beautiful! | Mail Online

vittoria 06-22-2011 10:24 AM

I love the red dress, which is clearly a short take on the dress Sarah Burton designed for Pippa Middleton to wear at her sister's wedding. That, too, was very slimly cut, to emphasize the derriere. That's purposeful. On Princess Eugenie, it does look a bit too tight because of her much more generous physique, but frankly, it's a vast improvement on other outfits she has worn. We might ask ourselves why a generously-built young woman should NOT be allowed to emphasize her curves with a close-fitting dress. It's a question.

The dress is also much more elegant and attractive -- and rather more appropriate --than many others I've seen worn to Ascot by far slimmer young women.

MRSJ 06-23-2011 10:18 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iara-Ball.html

Eugenie looks far better here then Ascot, the dress is lovely and flatters her figure. She looks amazing! Beatrice looks nice as well but I think her sister is best dressed this time.....(I'm ignoring Sarah)

dazzling 06-24-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ (Post 1272241)
Well, if it suits you... Princess Eugenie recreates Ascot success with red gown at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball | Mail Online

Eugenie looks far better here then Ascot, the dress is lovely and flatters her figure. She looks amazing! Beatrice looks nice as well but I think her sister is best dressed this time.....(I'm ignoring Sarah)

Both girls are in lovely dresses, I really liked Princess Beatrice's Elie Saab Couture SS2011 dress, the color is great but maybe to much embellishment for her age but still a stunning dress. I like how Princess Eugenie went for simplicity and the dress was all about the cute.

MARG 06-24-2011 02:51 AM

I loved the subtlety of Beatrice'S Ellie Saab but was stunned by Eugenie's "Lady in Red" look. What a truly fabulous, curvaceous figure she has, and how wonderfully the nipped in waist accentuated it.

This girl has shape! She has a bust, waist and derrière to envy and the subtle draping neckline of that dress emphasised her incredible alabaster skin and how that color really highlights it.

Wow, what an altogether knockout gown, sensual yet innocent. A true pocket rocket.

The style the two girls wore seemed to accent their totally different personalities. Hmmm, it seems that their misses are getting less frequent and their hits a lot more remarkable!

Meadow 06-24-2011 02:55 AM

I think it is the best I have ever seen both girls! The read on Eugenie looks great and she needs that defined waistline. Beatrice looks good even her hair! They need to get out of the nude thing though there are better shoes and handbags that would have really worked much better. Shows they can do it when they want too!

NotHRH 06-24-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iara-Ball.html

MRSJ,
Ignoring the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York, was photographed with her two

NotHRH 06-24-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotHRH

MRSJ,
Ignoring the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York, was photographed with her two

her daughters, does not change the fact she was on the picture. Sarah has made mistakes, but so has everybody. Unless she personally affected your life in any dimension, what is the point of the dislike? She herself has been attacked personally on many levels since her engagement to HRH Prince Andrew, now HRH the Duke of York. I do not think she expected such a severe wrath, namely ridicule, from the BRF or from the international media when she chose to place herself in the limelight upon her engagement. Constant intense negativity can have negative impact on one's psyche. She, like many people, is simply trying to keep her head above water.

Renata4711 06-24-2011 04:03 AM

The red dress is beautiful !!

As to Sarah, I agree with NotHRH - there is nothing to be gained by anyone to constantly rehashing all of Fergie's "mistakes.

Let's move on.

Dalps09 06-24-2011 09:01 AM

The red dress Princess Eugenie wore at Ascot is on Net-à-Porter and it retails for $1,680. Alexander McQueen*|*Cowl-neck wool-crepe dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

I always wonder how they can afford such expensive clothes. Especially Beatrice's Elie Saab dress. It's Haute Couture, it must really be expensive.

Picture from the runway: Défilé Elie Saab Printemps-été 2011 - Diaporama photo

Dierna23 06-24-2011 09:22 AM

Elie Saab and it shows. Good for Beatrice, she's really picking delicate stuff lately and it suits her well. Methinks that she finally got some advices or maybe she developed a better taste at last. I mean, they're both very young and it takes time for some. Beatrice looks great here, also her hairstyle is lovely.
And Eugenie - she looks fab in the red gown! It suits her figure perfectly - much better than the red dress she wore at Ascot (though the dress per se was also fantastic, but not that flattering perhaps). IMO she has a lot of potential as she has a very pretty face, nice complexion and hair color. Love the earrings and make up. Thumbs up! :smile:

4Pam 06-24-2011 09:30 AM

Beatrice & Eugenie both looked amazing! Great dresses on two gorgeous young women.

Renata4711 06-24-2011 09:32 AM

I wonder what the three York ladies come up with at the Zara & Mike Wedding ??

muriel 06-24-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711 (Post 1272495)
I wonder what the three York ladies come up with at the Zara & Mike Wedding ??

Not sure which 3 York ladies you are expecting to see at the Edinburgh wedding, I would be surprised if Sarah were invited.

muriel 06-24-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalps09 (Post 1272459)
The red dress Princess Eugenie wore at Ascot is on Net-à-Porter and it retails for $1,680. Alexander McQueen*|*Cowl-neck wool-crepe dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM

I always wonder how they can afford such expensive clothes. Especially Beatrice's Elie Saab dress. It's Haute Couture, it must really be expensive.

Picture from the runway: Défilé Elie Saab Printemps-été 2011 - Diaporama photo

B&E must spend a fair amount on clothes, they are always dressed in expensive designer wear, and are very rarely seen to recycle their clothing, unlike other more senior memebrs of the BRF.

free2rhyme 06-24-2011 12:02 PM

Could it be possible that designers simply give (or lend) their clothes to Beatrice and Eugenie? I know when Nancy Reagan was First Lady she took some heat for accepting clothes from some top designers, but she always insisted that she gave them back after wearing them. Perhaps that's what's going on here. It would also explain why they never wear the same clothes twice. Although I do remember seeing Beatrice in that hot mess of a dress that she wore at Peter and Autumn's wedding (the Alexander McQueen butterfly dress) on multiple occasions after the wedding, so who knows? Are there rules against the Royal Family accepting freebies like there are for the First Family?

Mirabel 06-24-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free2rhyme (Post 1272601)
Are there rules against the Royal Family accepting freebies like there are for the First Family?

I don't know if there are rules, but I do remember that the shop where Kate bought her blue engagement dress tried to give it to her, but she refused and insisted on paying.
Perhaps the RF gets substantial discounts?

Princess of Durham 06-24-2011 12:27 PM

Love Beatrice's dress, some people look very blah in that nude shade but it is lovely on her. Eugenie looks lovely as well, she looks great in red and this dress fits beautifully and flatters her figure. Just goes to show what a difference the fit makes for her .... or anyone for that matter.

vittoria 06-24-2011 02:40 PM

free2rhyme, in fact Nancy Reagan admitted that she did NOT always give the clothes back; that's why she got into trouble. The law in the US is that if you accept free clothes from designers, you must pay taxes on their value. They are treated as income.

I have read that there are rules regarding the acceptance of free clothes by the royals, but I do not know the details. I wouldn't be surprised if there were tax liabilities involved as there are in the US. The royals do have to pay taxes after all.

XeniaCasaraghi 06-24-2011 03:09 PM

I think Eugenie looked good in her black and white dress and the red dress at Ascot. Hope she never feels the need to lose her curves.

NotHRH 06-25-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
I think Eugenie looked good in her black and white dress and the red dress at Ascot. Hope she never feels the need to lose her curves.

I agree with your post above. HRH the Princess Eugenie of York does indeed have a very curvy figure, as both her older sister, HRH the Princess Beatrice of York, and their mother, Sarah, Duchess of York, also have.
If she is very smart, she can accentuate her curves in a way that men cannot stop looking at and make some women admire and make some women very jealous. She is lucky curves on a woman are admired today. As I matured it seemed as though women had to almost disappear to, believe it or not, just for men to notice - very thin figures were all the rage. I am glad that part of 'American history of women's figures' is finally dying (a slow death). I hope HRH's curves become her trademark, and hope the media would stop taunting her and her sister for being 'not very attractive' and 'overweight.' Neither of these two young women fit into either category.

Duke of Marmalade 06-26-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1272593)
B&E must spend a fair amount on clothes, they are always dressed in expensive designer wear, and are very rarely seen to recycle their clothing, unlike other more senior memebrs of the BRF.

Seems they spend a lot of money too for somebody who tell them how to dress in very expensive clothes.
Operation Beautify - after THAT hat, Beatrice hires Emma Watson's stylist...who charges £1,500 a day | Mail Online

Iluvbertie 06-26-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1272593)

As two of the three ladies who are more senior than them - The Queen, and The Duchess of Cornwall are a fair bit older and thus have a greater store of clothes on which to draw is that really a fair comment?

They are still young girls learning about fashion and what suits them and what doesn't. As most of what they have worn over the last 5 or so years - since their late teen years - have pretty much been universally condemned - they probably wouldn't wear them again. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of the single colour outfits they have been wearing more recently and see many of these dresses recycled in the years ahead.

You don't expect to see the same clothes every few weeks on royals and so you have to allow them time to build up a wardrobe. Even comparing them to Kate is unfair as she is 7+ years older than them and has actually been able to build up a suitable wardrobe over those years.

Duke of Marmalade 06-26-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1273435)
As two of the three ladies who are more senior than them - The Queen, and The Duchess of Cornwall are a fair bit older and thus have a greater store of clothes on which to draw is that really a fair comment?

Age or seniority as per rank is not the argument but the fact that they are, unlike B&E, working women of the BRF.

I dont mind somebody building up an expesive wardrobe / hiring an expesive stylist for attending gala/state dinners etc but not for attending Elton John's celebrity party along Liz Hurley or Boris Becker or photoshoots with Sarah to get some cash home.

MARG 06-26-2011 06:35 AM

:previous: The same thing happened with each of the "commoner" Crown Princesses in Europe. They did not start ourt with a wardrobe for all seasons and all occasions. They had to buy them and got nailed for being spendthrift, fashion racks, shallow fashionistas etc. ad nauseum. Their darling hubby's were all wearing high end tailor-made everythings and handmade shoes but because they had been building their wardrobe all their adult life they didn't get any adverse media hype at all.

The same goes for B & E. They cannot wear the things they wore to discos and University, etc. They have both grown and changed shape and now they are racking up a good "working" wardrobe. To all the grinches . . . . . Back Off!!!!:boxing:

Iluvbertie 06-26-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1273492)
Age or seniority as per rank is not the argument but the fact that they are, unlike B&E, working women of the BRF.

I dont mind somebody building up an expesive wardrobe / hiring an expesive stylist for attending gala/state dinners etc but not for attending Elton John's celebrity party along Liz Hurley or Boris Becker or photoshoots with Sarah to get some cash home.

However you miss the point entirely - they are young women starting out in their lives. The Queen and Camilla are elderly ladies, as is Anne,

Kate is also 7/8 years older so has a larger adult wardrobe behind her.

Reports are that Beatrice and Eugenie won't ever be working members of the RF but will be getting their own jobs and earning their own living and thus will be buying dresses that they can afford and going to events they can also afford and not attending state dinners etc so comparing them to older working royal women is totally irrelevant as well - they won't be using their clothes for that purpose.

In time these girls will recycle but I do wish that people would actually remember how young they are and that they do need time to build up an appropriate wardrobe - like all young ladies. Whether the lady is royal or normal they don't wear at 22 what they wore at 18, particularly when they have lost 2 -3 dress sizes in the intevening years.

Elton's party was his annual fundraiser for his AIDs charity by the way - hardly something for Sarah to get cash from but rather one to raise cash for a cause close to Elton's heart. Here are the princesses attending a charity bash and they are bashed again because they aren't recycling their clothes from some other ball they had attended. It was no different to the sort of event that Kate and William went to a week or so back or the event in LA where people are paying thousands of dollars to attend a polo match because William and Kate will be there - it is for charity.

I don't understand why someone would care why someone hired a stylist - if they want to look good for any event why not hire a stylist if they, or in this case their father, wants to pick up the tab. If they want to spend the money on a lovely dress to look good at a charity event what is the problem?

free2rhyme 06-26-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1273509)
However you miss the point entirely - they are young women starting out in their lives. The Queen and Camilla are elderly ladies, as is Anne,

Reports are that Beatrice and Eugenie won't ever be working members of the RF but will be getting their own jobs and earning their own living and thus will be buying dresses that they can afford and going to events they can also afford and not attending state dinners etc so comparing them to older working royal women is totally irrelevant as well - they won't be using their clothes for that purpose.

In time these girls will recycle but I do wish that people would actually remember how young they are and that they do need time to build up an appropriate wardrobe - like all young ladies. Whether the lady is royal or normal they don't wear at 22 what they wore at 18, particularly when they have lost 2 -3 dress sizes in the intevening years.

Elton's party was his annual fundraiser for his AIDs charity by the way - hardly something for Sarah to get cash from but rather one to raise cash for a cause close to Elton's heart. Here are the princesses attending a charity bash and they are bashed again because they aren't recycling their clothes from some other ball they had attended. It was no different to the sort of event that Kate and William went to a week or so back or the event in LA where people are paying thousands of dollars to attend a polo match because William and Kate will be there - it is for charity.

I don't understand why someone would care why someone hired a stylist - if they want to look good for any event why not hire a stylist if they, or in this case their father, wants to pick up the tab. If they want to spend the money on a lovely dress to look good at a charity event what is the problem?

Honestly I think a 22 year old should devote her time to more useful things rather than then "building up a wardrobe" or listening to someone give her fashion advise. I don't think Bea or Eugenie will ever get real respect from the public until they prove that they are not simply "living off their titles" and showing up with Sarah at these events doesn't help the point.

Princess of Durham 06-26-2011 11:44 AM

The really important issue is that they LEARN from the stylist and not just put on the clothes that are pointed out to them. They can then apply what they have learned across the board without having to put out that amount of money on a frequent basis. It will be interesting to see how this works out. Having a stylist for a really, really big occasion is one thing, but making it a way of life is quite another, because they are non working royals. I hope this falls into the education category. :)

muriel 06-27-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1273509)

I agree B&E are women starting out in their lives, but unlike other girls of their age, these two have been attending formal events for years, and ought to have reasonably deep wardrobes. I would not expect them to wear clothes that are 4-5 years old, but certainly things for the last 2-3 years could (and IMO, should) be recycled. Catherine is only just setting out on her royal career, but has already demonstrated how she can recycle older clothes. Perhaps the girls need to think a little carefully on how they spend their inheritance.

4Pam 06-27-2011 09:34 AM

Maybe the dresses are borrowed? We don't really know if they actually bought or the dresses are just loaned for PR purposes.

MRSJ 06-27-2011 10:03 PM

Eugenie's dress is the same one she wore to the after wedding party after Will and Kate's wedding so they do recycle and in all liklihood it's not borrowed....

It's a bit unfair they get knocked if they wear expensive designer dresses, no one seemed to wonder how the Duchess of Cambridge paid for her ARF gown....I think it's nice they are branching out into nicer clothing

Mermaid1962 06-27-2011 10:24 PM

Wearing good clothes that look good on them helps with their over-all image, though. Clothes do "make the man"; or, in this case, "the princess." If they look good and feel good about how they look, they will be more successful in whatever they choose to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by free2rhyme (Post 1273569)
Honestly I think a 22 year old should devote her time to more useful things rather than then "building up a wardrobe" or listening to someone give her fashion advise.

muriel 06-28-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ (Post 1274281)
Eugenie's dress is the same one she wore to the after wedding party after Will and Kate's wedding so they do recycle and in all liklihood it's not borrowed....

It's a bit unfair they get knocked if they wear expensive designer dresses, no one seemed to wonder how the Duchess of Cambridge paid for her ARF gown....I think it's nice they are branching out into nicer clothing

Catherine is the Duchess of Cambridge, and the future Queen. Her position is very different from B&E. Also, Catherine does recycle a lot of her clothes.

Renata4711 06-28-2011 04:20 AM

I think the "recycling" or "upcycling" of clothes is a current trend - a positive one! - and I hope it catches on, especially with royals.

In these days of austerity budgets and the like, Kate and others can be leaders in that field for minimal outlay.

iceflower 06-28-2011 06:18 AM

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!