The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Princes William & Harry: Visit to Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa - June 14-19, 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/princes-william-and-harry-visit-to-botswana-lesotho-and-south-africa-june-14-19-2010-a-27642.html)

ghost_night554 05-10-2010 02:52 PM

Princes William & Harry: Visit to Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa - June 14-19, 2010

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in June 2010

YouTube - Prince William celebrates 20 years of Tusk Trust

Lumutqueen 05-10-2010 03:00 PM

Prince William & Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho & South Africa in June 2010.

Prince William and Prince Harry will visit Botswana , Lesotho and South Africa from Monday 14th to Saturday 19th June 2010. The visit will be the first time that The Princes have carried out joint engagements overseas.

The Princes’ visit to South Africa is on behalf of The Football Association, of which Prince William is President, in support of The FA’s Bid to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Prince William and Prince Harry will join a reception to celebrate the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa , where they will meet members of the FIFA Executive Committee. The Princes will attend the match between England and Algeria.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry to visit Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in June 2010

Opal 05-10-2010 03:32 PM

^^
Thank you ghost night! What a wonderful interview! William did a nice job.
Looking forward to this visit and seeing them working together. :flowers:

SLV 05-10-2010 03:52 PM

Good interview!

CrownPrincess5 05-10-2010 05:17 PM

That would be nice to see them both together on an official trip.

Mermaid1962 05-10-2010 07:27 PM

Can't wait to hear the brotherly humour at each other's expense.:lol: But seriously, it'll be quite interesting to see them working as a team. We could see clues as to how they'll work together in the future, when their royal roles become more high-profile.:flowers:

stellad 05-10-2010 10:44 PM

Apart from going to SA for the World Cup and Harry because of his charity organization in Lesotho, why are they going to Botswana? No doubt these two will enjoy themselves taking the mickey out of each. A trip to look forward to.

Opal 05-11-2010 01:55 PM

^^
This article is by William's private secretary taken from the royal family's website and explains about their upcoming trip.
The Prince of Wales - Statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Private Secretary to Prince William and Prince Harry about the forthcoming visit to South Africa, Botswana and Lesotho

Sereta 05-11-2010 04:38 PM

Just watched the video of William's interview. It was fantastic! He looks much more relaxed and confident than he used to giving interviews. There's some nice footage of Africa too. Looking forward to seeing them together on this trip.

CrownPrincess5 05-11-2010 08:01 PM

Express.co.uk is reporting that Harry and William cannot fly together on their joint tour to Africa next month. It is said to be risky. For safety reason, they will take separate flights.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princes William and Harry banned from flying together on joint tour

Mermaid1962 05-11-2010 08:44 PM

This makes sense. If they crashed together, Beatrice would be Queen.:ermm:

Iluvbertie 05-11-2010 11:07 PM

This has been the case for generations. I remember when Charles came to Australia in 1970 he couldn't travel on the same flights as the Queen for that very reason the and the same when he went to Canada for the 1976 Games he had to fly separately to his mother.

When the Queen Mother died special permission was given for the boys to fly back to Britain with their father.

The ruling is that the heir and the monarch can't fly together or the heir and his heir but to go as far as the heir and the spare, when there are other heirs is over the top in my opinion and simply wasting taxpayers money but then it is British taxpayers and they have plenty to spend...

wbenson 05-11-2010 11:29 PM

Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

Quote:

William's return flight from London to Africa will be paid for by the FA, while Harry is to pay for his return flight himself because the tour comes in the middle of an African holiday he is due to take with his girlfriend Chelsy Davy.

Iluvbertie 05-11-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1079553)
Taxpayers aren't paying for the flights. Even if they were, I think it's possible (just guessing) that they'll be flying commercially, so the cost difference wouldn't too great I'd think. And anyways, it looks like it's in the middle of Harry's trip to Africa, so he'd have to come separately regardless.

What about the hangers-on = advisers etc? Tht is where the true costs are.

Lumutqueen 05-12-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1079554)

I'm sure we won't be paying for the hangers on either.
But it's the same in the majority of european royal countries. :smile:

Sereta 05-12-2010 05:37 PM

Wm. did a terrific job with the sit-down interview. What a world of difference from the one he did in 2007 for the Diana concert. He's improved so much! Kudos to him. :clap:

It makes perfect sense to have them fly separately. Why take unnecessary chances. I don't want Beatrice as my queen. :nonono:

Iluvbertie 05-12-2010 05:56 PM

The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Sereta 05-12-2010 06:04 PM

I disagree. I much prefer William. Besides then we'd have to put up with annoying Fergie.

Melibea 05-12-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1079891)
The more I see of Beatrice the more I like her and when I compare her to William's public skills at the same age she is way ahead.

Historically Queen's have been better than Kings - e.g. Elizabeth I, Victoria and Elizabeth II so Queen Beatrice wouldn't be such a bad thing.

And maybe you will get one as Isabel II of Spain :whistling:

I thought that PW has good public skills, didn't he do a great job in the Australian visit?

Mermaid1962 05-12-2010 08:58 PM

I don't think that having Beatrice as Queen would be an awful thing, except perhaps for Beatrice...to be fourth in line to the throne and then be bumped up to second would be traumatic.

Iluvbertie 05-12-2010 09:00 PM

I am not comparing Beatrice to William NOW but Willam aged 21 to Beatrice aged 21 and she is streets ahead with the public side of life.
How William went in Australia is irrelevant to a comparison with Beatrice at the age of 21 as he is years older than she is now.

CrownPrincess5 05-13-2010 12:22 AM

Let's not get too carried away. I'm pretty sure Beatrice will never see the throne in her lifetime.

dianadebraga 05-13-2010 02:27 AM

Amen!! :sun:

muriel 05-13-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1079554)

The same number of people could accompany William and Harry, irrespective of whether they went on one flight or two - so I am afaid, IMO, your argument in relation to costs is spurious.

muriel 05-13-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1079948)
Let's not get too carried away. I'm pretty sure Beatrice will never see the throne in her lifetime.

One would sincerely hope so!

Melibea 05-13-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1079916)
I am not comparing Beatrice to William NOW but Willam aged 21 to Beatrice aged 21 and she is streets ahead with the public side of life.

How William went in Australia is irrelevant to a comparison with Beatrice at the age of 21 as he is years older than she is now.

I was just surprised that you questioned his public skills, I really thought that he was good with the press when he needs to, of course, as I know that he is not very fond of them. :ermm:

Iluvbertie 05-13-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melibea (Post 1080052)
I was just surprised that you questioned his public skills, I really thought that he was good with the press when he needs to, of course, as I know that he is not very fond of them. :ermm:

His public skills are ok now but at 21 (the age Beatrice is now) they were awful.

She is far better now than what he was then. That is the comparison I am making.

I am not questioning his skills now, which are satisfactory and nothing more, but rather where he was 7 years ago. If she is way better now than he was then the chances are that in 7 years she will still be way better then what he is now.

Iluvbertie 05-13-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1080027)
The same number of people could accompany William and Harry, irrespective of whether they went on one flight or two - so I am afaid, IMO, your argument in relation to costs is spurious.

Not true - if they travel together they will only need one set of advisers for instance with who they are meeting etc on arrival but with travelling separately they will need two sets to tell them separately the background etc on arrival.

Lumutqueen 05-14-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1080238)
Not true - if they travel together they will only need one set of advisers for instance with who they are meeting etc on arrival but with travelling separately they will need two sets to tell them separately the background etc on arrival.

Well they share a private secretary so whose he going to fly with?
They have a certain number of staff and security for them don't they?
Why don't you just split that number down the middle and then they can all fly with no extra cost?
I'm sure they should know who they are meeting on the ground, before they set off. Just being taught on the plane is a bit stupid.
Watch them get out of the plane together when they land?

Warren 05-15-2010 02:54 AM

From the announcement of the trip to Southern Africa we're 4 days and 2 pages in and the discussion has veered off onto 'Beatrice as Queen', arguments over how the support staff should travel (and with whom), and even a mention of Isabel II of Spain (reigned 1833-1868).

It's probably best that we re-open the thread closer to the event.

If there is further news on the visit before it takes place, post it in the Wills or Harry current events threads and the mods will move the posts over.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

iceflower 06-14-2010 03:48 PM

Day 1

Prince Harry during a garden party to mark the official birthday of Queen
Elizabeth II on June 14, 2010 in Gabarone, Botswana.
Harry arrived ahead of his older brother William as they will begin a joint
tour of Southern Africa that will see them combine promoting their charity
interests with cheering on England's World Cup football squad.

Looks like a good, professional and still Harry-like ;) start of the journey!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages gallery **

Lumutqueen 06-14-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Hours after attending the ceremony William jetted out with his bodyguards to Africa, where he is due to embark on his first joint official tour with younger brother, Prince Harry, on Wednesday.

The pair are visiting charity projects in Botswana and Lesotho on behalf of conservationists Tusk Trust and Sentebale, the charity Harry set up in memory of their late mother to help aids orphans.
They will then jet down to Cape Town to watch England's next World Cup match against Algeria on Friday before attending a reception to promote England's bid to hold the tournament in 2018.
Harry is already in Africa following a five-week safari holiday and will carry out a brief solo engagement in Botswana before his brother arrives.
William dons his finery for Order of the Garter Service, then it's off to the World Cup | Mail Online

iceflower 06-15-2010 07:47 AM

Day 2

Now both brothers are there!

Prince Harry and Prince William hold an African rock python during a visit
to Mokolodi Education Centre on June 15, 2010 in Gaborone, Botswana.

That first pic of today could be a great "Picture of the Month"! :smile:

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

karla64 06-15-2010 08:58 AM

Tracking the predators and big cats of Botswana with the help of Prince William - Telegraph

karla64 06-15-2010 09:44 AM

DAY TWO..

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Hissss Royal Highness! Harry and Wills in fits as 10ft python relieves himself as they hold him | Mail Online

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...th-python.html

Lumutqueen 06-15-2010 11:42 AM

Prince snake charming: William and Harry meet slithery customer in Africa - hellomagazine.com

I chose to post this here because it discuss' Chelsy joining harry on the tour.

Quote:

Behind the partying that will be the inevitable accompaniment of Prince William and Prince Harry’s visit to South Africa this week lies a much more sombre purpose.
For Harry will be joined by his girlfriend Chelsy Davy as she returns to her homeland to comfort her grandmother following the death of her husband — a victim of Robert Mugabe’s brutal thuggery in Zimbabwe.
Chelsy Davy's secret visit to see grandmother who lost everything to Mugabe's thugs in Zimbabwe | Mail Online

avrilo 06-15-2010 01:36 PM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ur-begins.html
Prince Harry speaking and joking about his dad

Opal 06-15-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1093782)
Day 2
That first pic of today could be a great "Picture of the Month"! :smile:

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

That's for sure iceflower! :smile:
OMG you'd never catch me doing that, especially a snake that big!

I wouldn't mind petting a cheetah though. Aww
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...83_634x433.jpg

CrownPrincess5 06-15-2010 08:05 PM

Oh gosh, I love a man who isn't afraid of snakes!!!
They look so cute together...funny seeing them with the snake. Will looked a bit hesitant about it though, whereas Harry looked like he could have it for a pet.

I can't believe they're petting the cheetah either. I would have to stay inside on this official trip.

iceflower 06-16-2010 09:23 AM

Day 3

Prince William during a visit to the Coaching for Conservation project in
Maun, Botswana, Wednesday June 16, 2010.

Coaching for Conservation is an innovative conservation project being
run in Botswana, which marries football skills to wildlife protection, and
is run by the Botswana Predator Conservation Trust, which also teaches
youngsters self respect and awareness about the environment around
them.

On pic 3 William is pictured with American singer Joe Jonas, on of the
three Jonas brothers, so there's more popular support around :smile:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Lumutqueen 06-16-2010 09:28 AM

The boys seem to be enjoying themselves.
Seeing William abroad is always wonderful.

Lumutqueen 06-16-2010 12:01 PM

World Cup 2010: William gets in the spirit and has a rendezvuvu with THAT horn | Mail Online

karla64 06-16-2010 12:24 PM

BBC News - Prince William feels force of vuvuzela horn

Melibea 06-16-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

When William was handed the horn by Rebaone Badubi, the prince said: "I can't blow it... OK, I will give it a go."
Then, after barely making a sound, William said: "There you go - embarrassed myself again - it's all good."
:rofl:

If I have not read that it was Joe Jonas with PW I would not have recognised him, he looks strange on that photo; and I loved the photo with the cheetah, it was really cool, the ones with the snake were also funny especially watching PH playing with it. This visit is giving interesting photos and anecdotes. :biggrin:

iceflower 06-16-2010 03:55 PM

Here's an article about Prince Harry's visit to the Mophane Primary
School in Gaborone yesterday:

** Prince Harry is the star of the show in Botswana as children unveil tribute TV sets **

And the zimbio/gettyimages gallery of William today:

** Prince William And Harry Visit Botswana - Day 3 **

I think it's very well arranged that they have joined as well as solo
engagements, that kind of sharpens their individual images..

Sereta 06-16-2010 05:54 PM

They look like they really enjoy each other's company. It's funny how Harry is teasing William with the snake's head. :lol:
So gross that the snake urinated while they were holding it. Luckily it missed William :eek: https://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/102...22146F37C2E906

Opal 06-16-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1094278)
Day 3
Prince William during a visit to the Coaching for Conservation project in
Maun, Botswana, Wednesday June 16, 2010.

Coaching for Conservation is an innovative conservation project being
run in Botswana, which marries football skills to wildlife protection, and
is run by the Botswana Predator Conservation Trust, which also teaches
youngsters self respect and awareness about the environment around
them.

What a great project for William to be involved in. It combines two of his passions: conservation and sport.
He's definately in his element playing with the kids.

CasiraghiTrio 06-16-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereta (Post 1094511)
They look like they really enjoy each other's company. It's funny how Harry is teasing William with the snake's head. :lol:
So gross that the snake urinated while they were holding it. Luckily it missed William :eek: https://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/102...22146F37C2E906

to me it seemed like Harry was really scared (can't blame him at all!:eek:) and William was kind of enjoying:ohmy: having this python on his back!! Harry seemed so relieved when it was taken away and William kind of seemed disappointed! :lol:

ghost_night554 06-17-2010 01:39 AM

This is from day 2 but I got a little choked up (ya I'm odd) when I read this
Quote:

Before the reptile encounter, the brothers had a more poignant moment as a deaf teenage girl asked about Princess Diana, who died in a Paris car crash in August 1997.
Lobopo Bimbo, 17, asked through her interpreter: 'Is your mother still alive?'
William replied, 'No, she's dead,' while Harry turned away from the group of around 30 deaf schoolchildren at the reserve, as tears pricked in his eyes.
Lobopo then asked, 'Who did you live with? Is your grandmother still alive?', to which William said, 'My grandmother's still alive.'

Opal 06-17-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 1094569)
to me it seemed like Harry was really scared (can't blame him at all!:eek:) and William was kind of enjoying:ohmy: having this python on his back!! Harry seemed so relieved when it was taken away and William kind of seemed disappointed! :lol:

You could be right. This Photo is funny. It looks as though he's saying, "don't you dare bite me!". :lol:

Turkish Delight 06-17-2010 07:38 AM

Even Prince William uses the vuvuzela
https://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...-vuvuzela.html

iceflower 06-17-2010 07:54 AM

Very cute pics from yesterday - both princes have been very caring:

Prince Harry and Prince William put gloves on a young boy during a visit
to a child education centre on June 16, 2010 in Semonkong, Lesotho.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio **

Dailymail article:

** Cuddles for Princes William and Harry as they meet children on Africa charity tour... then ride off into the sunset **

karla64 06-17-2010 09:13 AM

Prince Harry and Prince William visit Lesotho - Telegraph

Princejohnny25 06-17-2010 11:58 AM

Princes on horseback in faraway lands, this is what I love to see! Good on these two, I really hope they do more in the future together! I wished they had started doing more together earlier.

karla64 06-17-2010 12:06 PM

wartenberg7 06-17-2010 12:36 PM

These pics are marvellous! I was close to tears (the Harry/puppy and Harry/baby-photos)!
Does anyone know why the 2 young men were dressed up like this? It looked as if they were on a beggar´s fancy dress party...??

Lumutqueen 06-17-2010 12:43 PM

You mean with the blanket wrapped round them?
Either they were cold or tradition.

Lady Ann 06-17-2010 01:05 PM

GN were did you find this artical I would love to read it....

Lumutqueen 06-17-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Ann (Post 1094936)
GN were did you find this artical I would love to read it....

This is it.
Princes Harry and William in fits as python they're holding relieves itself | Mail Online

Lady Ann 06-17-2010 01:25 PM

Thanks Lumutqueen

iceflower 06-17-2010 04:03 PM

Day 4

A totally different event:

Prince William and Prince Harry at a gala dinner hosted by Prince Harry
in aid of the charity Sentabale at the Maseru Sun hotel, Maseru, Lesotho,
June 17, 2010.

Opal 06-17-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1094727)
Very cute pics from yesterday - both princes have been very caring:
Prince Harry and Prince William put gloves on a young boy during a visit
to a child education centre on June 16, 2010 in Semonkong, Lesotho.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio **

Dailymail article:
** Cuddles for Princes William and Harry as they meet children on Africa charity tour... then ride off into the sunset **

They are both so good with children. That little boy is so cute with his large gloves.

This one with Harry and the schoolchildren is nice as well....
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1094449)
Here's an article about Prince Harry's visit to the Mophane Primary
School in Gaborone yesterday:
** Prince Harry is the star of the show in Botswana as children unveil tribute TV sets **

And the zimbio/gettyimages gallery of William today:
** Prince William And Harry Visit Botswana - Day 3 **

I think it's very well arranged that they have joined as well as solo
engagements, that kind of sharpens their individual images.

I agree. I think that was a good idea. And they can visit more places and see more people that way.

Lumutqueen 06-17-2010 04:22 PM

Wow they look so handsome in Black Tie.

CrownPrincess5 06-17-2010 04:39 PM

I love these guys. They're so caring and thoughtful. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry marries someone of that nature.
I like this pic. It's sort of funny too.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

karla64 06-17-2010 04:40 PM

SEE VIDEO

Princes William and Harry Visit African Charity - ABC News

Melibea 06-17-2010 04:41 PM

CCP5 That photo is awesome!

This kind of trousers, are they trendy right now? Because I've seen already some royals wearing them.

CrownPrincess5 06-17-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karla64 (Post 1095164)

Thanks for the video.
I looove their British accent:cool:.

Sereta 06-17-2010 06:42 PM

Agreed Lumutq. They look fantastic when they're all dressed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1095162)
I love these guys. They're so caring and thoughtful. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry marries someone of that nature.

I hope they both marry someone like that. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melibea (Post 1095165)
This kind of trousers, are they trendy right now? Because I've seen already some royals wearing them.

What do you mean? What's wrong with their trousers? They look normal to me.

Melibea 06-17-2010 06:44 PM

^^
I mean the line on the side, can you see it?

Mermaid1962 06-17-2010 09:20 PM

You mean the tuxedo trousers? They often (maybe always) have a satin stripe down the side like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melibea (Post 1095165)
CCP5 That photo is awesome!

ghost_night554 06-18-2010 01:05 AM

Have we seen the full BBC interview
BBC News - Princes 'moved' by plight of African Aids sufferers

Melibea 06-18-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1095264)
You mean the tuxedo trousers? They often (maybe always) have a satin stripe down the side like that.

Thanks :flowers: I was just surprised because I've seen many royals wearing them but I haven't seen them before.

Opal 06-18-2010 02:59 PM

Yes, tuxedos usually have the stripe down the side of the trousers.
William and Harry look really handsome in their tuxes. :smile:

queenofthelight 06-19-2010 02:23 AM

Prince Harry shows tender human touch as he visits Lesotho orphanage - hellomagazine.com (18/06/2010).:flowers:

iceflower 06-19-2010 02:27 AM

Day 5

Prince William and Prince Harry visited the Red Cross Childrens' Hospital
in Cape Town, June 18, 2010 and attended the 2010 FIFA World Cup
South Africa Group C match between England and Algeria at Green Point
Stadium on June 18, 2010 in Cape Town as well.

No satisfying result for the princes: After a 0:0 England is risking to
end in the preliminary round for the first time after 52 years.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio 1 ** zimbio 2 **

Daily Mail:

** Will we ever win? Agony in pubs and for princes as England duds misfire again **

nwilliams 06-19-2010 02:56 AM

The two princes have carried out the joint engagement when they visited to the Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa. It would be awesome moment for the players of the FIFA world cup 2010 to meet the two charming princes. It would be such a brotherly hood environment.

ghost_night554 06-19-2010 04:13 AM

I beleive tomorrow their tour will conclude with them hosting a party for the England 2018 bid with David Beckham

BBC video of their visit to the hospital
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/africa/10354837.stm

I'm putting together a compilation video of this tour for another forum and if anyone likes I can also post it here.

Lumutqueen 06-19-2010 04:54 AM

It is a shame that we lost, but the atmosphere in that stadium must have been wonderful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwilliams (Post 1096414)
The two princes have carried out the joint engagement when they visited to the Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa. It would be awesome moment for the players of the FIFA world cup 2010 to meet the two charming princes. It would be such a brotherly hood environment.

The Princes' have met the England team last night.

Opal 06-19-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1096466)
I'm putting together a compilation video of this tour for another forum and if anyone likes I can also post it here.

Yes, that would be wonderful if you could post it here as well. Thanks ghost night for doing that. :flowers:

Lumutqueen 06-19-2010 02:37 PM

WORLD CUP 2010: Mystery of fan who broke into England dressing room solved as Princes William and Harry joke, 'We let him in!' | Mail Online

They are both taller than David Beckham.

iceflower 06-19-2010 03:36 PM

Day 5

Prince William and Prince Harry at an FA reception at the Saxon
Hotel on June 19, 2010 in Johannesberg, South Africa.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Sereta 06-19-2010 04:40 PM

It looks like their Africa trip is going really well. It's good to see them working together as a team.
So many articles to read, thx to everyone for posting them and to Iceflower for posting all the piccies. You're the best!

ghost_night554 06-19-2010 10:07 PM

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online

like I told the other board I'm more then happy to do the video compilation but I'm not feeling well today and have been up since 5am watching Victoria's wedding so the video should be up at the latest Monday night.

Opal 06-20-2010 02:17 PM

^^
That's fine. Just whenever you're able to. I hope you're feeling better soon. :flowers:

CrownPrincess5 06-20-2010 04:55 PM

That made me cry:sad:.

Quote:

like I told the other board I'm more then happy to do the video compilation but I'm not feeling well today and have been up since 5am watching Victoria's wedding so the video should be up at the latest Monday night.

Same here.
I'm so tired I actually felt sick today.
Got up sooo early to watch the wedding ....but I guess one can't help that being on the east coast.

ghost_night554 06-20-2010 08:32 PM

Alright here it is the first link is the video compilation (I'm sorry the Lesotho interview is from different sources BBC wouldn't let me rip and same goes for the hospital visit sorry it cuts off but BBC was being weird the last 2 days)
Download WillsHarrySAtour.wmv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Second link is a bunch of clips from ITN I thought were useful. I didn't add in the ones that were muted I saw no point.
Download ITN Clips.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Enjoy! Let me know if there's any problem with the links

Lumutqueen 06-21-2010 02:06 PM

Harry is still in Africa.

Prince Harry walks through live minefield in Mozambique to highlight work of charity | Mail Online

Thena 06-21-2010 02:47 PM

It looks like Harry is the one picking up where his mother left off with AIDS charities and now landmines! Diana would be proud.

Sereta 06-22-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1100238)

That's interesting. I wonder does this mean he will fly directly from SA to the US for his NY event starting Friday? That's an awfully long flight. I would think he'd want to get acclamated to the different time zones and fly to London first, then onto NY.

Sereta 06-22-2010 07:39 PM

There are some amazing photos compiled here. That one of them on horse back looks so dreamy. Almost like something you would see in a movie.
Um, I wonder what game they are playing in the one of William and Harry lying side by side. It looks like the kids are drawing around them. Kind of funny.

queenofthelight 06-23-2010 12:57 AM

Prince Harry bravely picks up Diana's mantle with a visit to Mozambique minefield - hellomagazine.com (22/06/2010).;)

Sereta 06-23-2010 07:35 PM

Has anyone else noticed that William and Harry are wearing the exact same tie. Is there significance to this or are they just being cute?
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...WNXEJBUCRl.jpg

Mermaid1962 06-23-2010 08:12 PM

It doesn't look like a regimental tie. Maybe they are "just being cute."

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanaz (Post 1101699)
Has anyone else noticed that William and Harry are wearing the exact same tie. Is there significance to this or are they just being cute?

ghost_night554 06-23-2010 09:21 PM

We think of our mother Princess Diana every day. She keeps us going, says Prince Harry | Mail Online

Opal 06-24-2010 07:04 AM

Prince William, Prince Harry meet orphans and HIV-positive children in Lesotho

Sereta 06-24-2010 07:33 PM

I think it's nice when they speak of their mother this way.

Judging from what they say both Harry and William seem to be embracing their role lately.

Opal 06-25-2010 05:23 PM

I think it's fantastic that Harry is taking up this mantle in honour of his mother.

Quote:

https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+William+Prince+Harry+Meet+David+Beckham+dJWNXEJBUCRl.jpg

That's very observant of you. ;)

Lumutqueen 06-26-2010 02:53 PM

BBC iPlayer - The Princes in Africa

georgiea 06-26-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

I was wondering that myself. I have seen them both in same designer shirts at a public event. The shirts were different colors. The princes must have the same taste and shop at the same stores. It must not bother them, their guys.:flowers:

Sereta 06-26-2010 04:46 PM

:previous: Yeah guys can get away with it. If two women show up wearing the same thing everyone has fits over it. With guys no one barely notices. :lol: