The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/danish-royal-family-current-events-3-april-2010-june-2012-a-27554.html)

dazzling 04-24-2010 11:45 AM

Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

Welcome to
The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Muhler 04-29-2010 02:22 PM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2010.
Tak for kampen, Per – Thanks for the match, Per.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Mary and Frederik and other guests were present at a farewell reception at Amalienborg in honour of the chief of court for the CP couple, Per Thornit.
Per Thornit has been employed at the court for 25 years. He has been a very important person for not only Frederik and Joachim, to an extent that he has been described as an additional father figure for them, but also to Mary, whom he basically trained to become the Crown Princess during her first years. (*) Presumably he has had some influence on Marie as well. He has very much served as a confidante, counsellor, advisor and sparring partner for both Joachim, but Frederik and Mary in particular. And he and Mary have indeed developed a close relationship.
Mary and Frederik were present at the reception and so was Joachim, la Marie and Bette Henrik, who have an apartment in the mansion where the reception took place, so they just had to go down a couple of stairs.
Per Thornit has said about his relationship with Frederik and Joachim: “The Princes wanted you to say things as they were. So I have basically had the same discussions with them as I have had with my own sons. The deal is that I speak frankly. Otherwise you might just as well hire a doorknob. And that doesn’t work”.
About Frederik meeting Mary he said: “None of us knew that that trip (to Sydney) would be of such a significance”.
Frederik gave a speech and he said from the start that this wouldn’t be a sob-speech, but he was nevertheless visibly moved. He told about the experiences he and Per Thornit had together, about the strong bonds between them, how they have had very different opinions and quarrelled.
Per Thornit will retire at the end of April. The successor has not been named. (**)

(*) It appears that her training and experience is now so far advanced that Queen Margrethe has taken Mary very much under her wings in regards to the more final training. I.e. state visits, official business, which majesties have to undertake and so on.
I personally believe that Per Thornit now feels he can safely step back. Mary and Frederik can fly on their own now.

(**) My guesses are:
A) The current cabinet secretary for QMII.
B) Christian Eugen Olsen, Master of Ceremonies.
C) A high-ranking civil servant.
D) One from the military.

iceflower 05-20-2010 03:46 PM

Today's posts about the family attending the concert at the
Tivoli concert hall have been moved to the following thread as
the concert still belongs to the festivities for Queen Margrethe's
70th birthday!

** Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations; March-May 2010 **

Muhler 06-25-2010 03:19 AM

Frederik and Joachim visited the military training grounds at Oksbøl on Wednesday the 23 June.

Article: Royalt besøg

HQ pics: Royalt besøg - Hærens Operative Kommando - Army Operational Command - Denmark

Frederik and Joachim visited the military training grounds at Oksbøl, where the battallion that will go to Afghanistan in August, has by now just completed the final training.
It was actually mostly Frederik who was visiting. Joachim is a staff officer of the reserves in the Jutland Dragoon Regiment and he dealt with more or less what he would deal with anyway: staffwork and logistics.
Frederik on the other hand got a more varied tour. Field treatment of wounded, searching for mines and IED's, chatting with the soldiers, tactical fire support and ROV's.
At the end he went inside a Leopard main battle tank and took part in an attack. The tank would incidentally have come from Joachim's regiment.
He and Joachim also had a meal of fieldrations. New fieldrations are currently being tested, partly to better suit the climate in Afghanistan but also the palate of the soldiers, who have until now used British and American field rations.

Let's have a breakdown of the HighRes pics:

#1: Frederik is here studying the injuries of what appears to be to the results of a crude anti-personell mine, which has shredded the foot and legs of the soldier.
There are mineplates inside some combat boots, but usually the mines are so powerful they offer no protection at all, and as such the plates protect against against stepping on pointed objects, like a safety-shoe.
In contrast to regular mines, the improvised mines in Afghanistan are more crude in the sense that that take off a leg or two and that's it. Some regular footmines are designed to direct a fairly limited charge upwards, with the preferred result achieved when the victim step on the mine with the front half of his foot. The foot is shattered and as you tend to lean forward in the motion, a shower of fragments, bones and pieces of the boot fly upwards hitting the victim in the face and groin. A frightningly large percentage of Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan became blind or had their genitals mutilated that way.

#2: Frederik being presented to a patrol kit. Notice the safety goggles. Frederik is wearing the insignia of the Guards Hussars.
Also notice that the soldiers have started to grow beards. Danish soldiers are encouraged to grow a beard as a beard is seen as sign of maturity in rural Afghanistan.

#3: A minesweeper. A very useful tool. Modern military anti-personel mines however consists of plastic or ceramics, making them very difficult if not impossible to detect with mine detectors. Instead you "sniff" for the explosives. Some mines are also encased in porpose build plastic fragments or flechettes, making them very difficult to see on normal X-ray machines. Fortunately Taliban don't seem to pocess many of such mines. - They are a plaque elsewhere in the world however.

#4: Joachim and Frederik having a field lunch, with a field Coca Cola? And Field paper plates? :lol:
Joachim is a major, Frederik a lieutenant colonel.

#5: Frederik and Joachim disembarking from a helicopter, an EH-101, with a full colonel behind them.

#6: Frederik being demonstrated tactical firesupport, in the shape a 60 mm mortar, in DK also known as a bette-morter. A very useful weapon, that can be transported and supplied by a squad.

#7: Frederik being presented to what looks like the new M10, assault rifle. Being introduced this year, based on the expriences of the current assault rifles M95 & M96. It's Canadian produced and not even the Canadian army has adopted it yet.
(You may remember a previous post where I explained why the Danish army often get the very latest weapons and equipment ahead of much larger armies. - In short: it's basically field testing on behalf of larger countries and not least the manufactures).

dazzling 06-25-2010 04:14 AM

24-06-2010 Oksboel Crown Prince Frederik & Prince Joachim visiting the soldiers in Oksboel
PPE Gallery

iceflower 07-27-2010 05:46 AM

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
visit Tønder today, July 27, 2010. Several events including a lunch
are planned.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Article with more pics:

** jv.dk: Den kongelige familie kindkyssede i Tønder **

Muhler 07-27-2010 06:02 AM

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

As the event started at 10.00 it must still be going on right now.

Tønder municipality is the largest in DK in respect to area and it includes Schackenborg Manor, as such it's very natural that Princess Marie and her cheri Joachim attends.
Interestingly all the three public service TV channels in Germany also attend. But then Tønder is located next to the border with Germany and there is a ethnic German minority living there.
Between 1864-1920 Tønder, along with what is currently Southern Jutland, belonged to Germany.
- And we should never discount the fact that a pretty young Princess always look good on TV...:tongue:

It will be interesting to see what will happen during the day.
Also, keep an eye on the regional news on TV2 SYD.

I wonder what Prince Henrik and petite Marie are doing in pic #3. Some sort of French ritual perhaps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1117274)
Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
visit Tønder today, July 27, 2010. Several events including a lunch
are planned.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Article with more pics:

** jv.dk: Den kongelige familie kindkyssede i Tønder **

dazzling 07-27-2010 06:18 AM

What is on the agenda during the visit? Started very early.
Isn't Marie patron of Tonder festival? Is this part of it or just taking place in the area if it is the same area?
Thank you for the pictures, seems like a while since last sew Marie with the Queen, she also looks quite relaxed with Prince Henrik.

iceflower 07-27-2010 06:32 AM

The Tønder-festival does take place there, but not yet, it'll take
place from August 26 till August 29, 2010 :flowers:

Muhler, I've also noticed the German interest in that visit, there are
articles on the internet and reports on television, which would
normally be unusal, but you've already mentioned the reasons! :smile:

Here's a ppe gallery!

Muhler 07-27-2010 07:47 AM

It actually started at the usual time a visit begins, when the Regent Couple tour Denmark with Dannebrog. - Except that they this time arrived by car, which they sometimes do, also while still being in residence at Dannebrog.
So I guess it will follow the usual routine:
Welcoming by the local dignitaries.
Seeing some of the local commerce and industry.
Visiting a school, retirement home or something similar.
Seeing something cultural.
A dinner or a reception to finish the day.
- This time with Joachim and the Marie tagging along.

Incidentally. As the Queen is always right on time, the programme started at 10.00 sharp, - no matter what your watch tell you. ;)
I believe it was Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen, who explained that with his wry humour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1117284)
What is on the agenda during the visit? Started very early.
Isn't Marie patron of Tonder festival? Is this part of it or just taking place in the area if it is the same area?
Thank you for the pictures, seems like a while since last sew Marie with the Queen, she also looks quite relaxed with Prince Henrik.

iceflower 07-27-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1117284)
What is on the agenda during the visit?

This German article includes the programme:

** Royale Sommervisite mit Prinzenpaar **

Reception at the townhall, visit at a museum, a walk through a garden with
sculptures, the lunch at the Hotel Tønderhus. After the lunch Queen Margrethe
visited the Okholm Lighting company and a leisure park, while Prince Henrik
visited two other companies. In the end they'll be together again at the
marketplace.

Here are two more nice galleries:

** Königin zu Besuch in Tondern 2010 **

Muhler 07-27-2010 12:12 PM

Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

The paper Der Nordschleswiger is the paper for the German minority in Denmark.
- And I see that Marie is very well featured...;)

There is a similar paper for the Danish minority in Northern Germany, can't remember the name off hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1117347)

dazzling 07-27-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1117347)

Reception at the townhall, visit at a museum, a walk through a garden with
sculptures, the lunch at the Hotel Tønderhus. After the lunch Queen Margrethe
visited the Okholm Lighting company and a leisure park, while Prince Henrik
visited two other companies. In the end they'll be together again at the
marketplace.

Thanks iceflower, seems they try to get as much done at once.
What did Joachim & Marie do? Maybe accompanied the Queen or Prince Henrik?

Currier 07-27-2010 01:48 PM

Have I missed the Royal Family's attendance at Princess Nathalie's wedding?

iceflower 07-27-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1117399)
There is a similar paper for the Danish minority in Northern Germany, can't remember the name off hand.

You are most welcome :flowers: Could it be Flensborg Avis? That's the
only one I know, it's a daily newspaper in the German city Flensburg,
published in Danish and German. They actually also have an article
about today's visit: * Royalt kryds på landkortet *

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1117429)
Thanks iceflower, seems they try to get as much done at once.
What did Joachim & Marie do? Maybe accompanied the Queen or Prince Henrik?

As far as I've understood it, Marie and Joachim only attended till the
lunch, the rest of the programme was only attended by the Queen
and Prince Henrik.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currier (Post 1117433)
Have I missed the Royal Family's attendance at Princess Nathalie's wedding?

Currier, you didn't miss anything! It's been a private wedding with only
the closest family members and friends, the church wedding will take
place next year and will surely be attended by more members of the
Danish royal family. You can find more information at the following extra
thread :flowers:

** Civil Wedding of Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - May 2010 **

iceflower 07-28-2010 04:39 AM

Here are some additional links and pictures from yesterday:

An article with pictures from Billed-Bladet:

** Festdag i Tønder, da de kongelige ankom **

An article with pictures and a video from tvsyd.dk:

** Fire kongelige på Tønders røde løber **

A gallery from ppe of Henrik visiting Hoejers Poelser - a sausages factory:

** ppe gallery **

An article with a picture gallery from jv.dk of the afternoon event:

** Flere tusinde hilste på dronningen: Aktive pensionister besøgte Tønder **

Muhler 07-29-2010 03:13 PM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #30, 2010.
På job med svigermor - On the job with mother-in-law.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Princess Marie and her Joachim accompanied the Regent Couple during the forenoon in Tønder.
Schackenborg is located in Tønder municipality and appropriatly the Marie and Joachim arrived a few minuttes before the Regent Couple.
And they greeted eachother with kisses on the cheek and curtsying, except for Henrik who gave our Marie a fingerkiss. (*)
All four of them went through the schedule of the forenoon together. Margrethe and Marie were observed chatting several times and as it the Monarch who decide how fast things go, she put the long leg in front and ended up at Hotel Tønderhus twenty minuttes before time, thus giving the royals some time alone before it was time for lunch. (**)
After lunch Marie and cheri Joachim left for Schackenborg and Bette Henrik.
Tønder is incidentally where J&M do their day to day shopping, when at Schakenborg.
After lunch the visit continued and it was pretty profittable. The Regent Couple were presented with a fruit dish in cherry-wood. Henrik got a pair of Ecco shoes and QMII got a birthday present in the shape of a broche, shaped as a marquerite in 14 carats white gold.

(*) One might get the idea that Prince Henrik abstained from kissing petite Marie on the cheek for fear of squashing her, due to his increased - volume. Perish the thought. :tongue:

(**) And for some of the other guests to catch their breath. :lol:

Muhler 08-10-2010 06:39 AM

The first comments from Mary in Politiken: https://politiken.dk/indland/article1032931.ece

When boarding the barge in order to sail out to Dannebrog she faced questions from the press and she replied: "Yes, it's very exciting" and "It was a really huge surprise".

She added that the pregnancy had not been planned.

I guess this was also filmed, so it may surface online somewhere soon.

And we have the first gallery of Mary ready to board Dannebrog, with Bella and Christian: Mary viser maven frem | www.bt.dk

And the first comment from Christian: When asked about what was inside his mother's belly, he replied: "Babies".

Prins Christian: Der er babyer i mors mave - Danmark - BT.dk

And a couple of more quotes from Mary: "I'm fine". "I'm unusually/very tired sometimes".

She will continue with her duties for as long as possible.

Katelle 08-10-2010 07:40 AM

:previous:
Thanks for the pics. What a good looking family! They are ridiculously beautiful.
The Queen looks ecstatic. And Mary, oh, always svelte even at 5th or 4th month of pregnancy with twins. Hats off!

mille 08-10-2010 07:43 AM

..and isabella held 2 fingers up, ha ha she is so cute

marfre 08-10-2010 08:05 AM

Thanks for the photos, Mary is glowing.
I love that Isabella held up two fingers while big brother answered babies.

Marika86 08-10-2010 09:03 AM

Nice photos!! Mary is beautiful as always!!
Christian & Isabella are so cute ♥

Gravide Mary stråler af lykke - Billede 25 | MSN Starlounge

Other photos from Dannebrog

rubies 08-10-2010 09:16 AM

How gorgeous does Mary look? Incredible!!

Isabella holding up the two fingers was priceless.

LOVE PMary's dress, really perfect!

capricorninin 08-10-2010 10:09 AM

Just saw the video of Christian and Bella. Christian was shy and Bella so exuberant while holding her two little fingers.

Ah.. I am in love with this family :)

iceflower 08-10-2010 11:05 AM

Celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary in Copenhagen,
August 10, 2010:

** ppe gallery **

Another article with great pics:

** Billed-Bladet: Kronprinsesse Mary: - Jeg har det godt **

Picture gallery from sn.dk:

** Billedserie: Mary til fest med flåden **

Picture gallery from berlingske.dk:

** Mary og bornene til fladefest **

lancchick 08-10-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1123075)
The first comments from Mary in Politiken: https://politiken.dk/indland/article1032931.ece

When boarding the barge in order to sail out to Dannebrog she faced questions from the press and she replied: "Yes, it's very exciting" and "It was a really huge surprise".

A video of Mary's remarks here: Mary: Det var en kæmpe overraskelse - TV 2 Nyhederne

sm1939 08-10-2010 12:09 PM

she looks great !

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 12:10 PM

Wonderful family event, the bump isn't even showing yet.
Shame Frederik isn't there.

Zonk 08-10-2010 12:24 PM

Frederik was in attendance there are pictures of him with Mary and the kids on the ship.

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1123165)
Frederik was in attendance there are pictures of him with Mary and the kids on the ship.

Oh yes thank you, thought he was still in Sweden. :smile:

Comparing the pictures
https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...rch=17-06-2008 2008

https://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...rch=10-08-2010 2010

selminha 08-10-2010 01:23 PM

I like Mary's outfit. It looked very chic. Mary look wonderful!!!!!

dazzling 08-10-2010 02:13 PM

Mary looks tired in some of the pictures but that is expected. She looked lovely in the white dress. Nice to see the children, Christian looked so cute waving.
Why weren't Joachim & Marie at the event? Don't they usually attend?

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1123194)
Mary looks tired in some of the pictures but that is expected. She looked lovely in the white dress. Nice to see the children, Christian looked so cute waving.
Why weren't Joachim & Marie at the event? Don't they usually attend?

Joachim is regent until 12th, thats maybe why? :smile:

dazzling 08-10-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123196)

So are they on Dannebrog for a few days?:ermm:

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1123199)
So are they on Dannebrog for a few days?:ermm:

They must be, it doesn't list the royal couple or princely couple as doing anything until the 12th. But just because they are on the Danneborg, that means someone has to be a regent? :ermm:

Muhler 08-10-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123201)
They must be, it doesn't list the royal couple or princely couple as doing anything until the 12th. But just because they are on the Danneborg, that means someone has to be a regent? :ermm:

No, Dannebrog is a residence while she is Danish territorial waters.

She is Danish territory in international waters.

And she is a sort of embassy when in foreign territorial waters - just like other warships.

However, I doubt they are staying much onboard Dannebrog with Amalienborg just five minuttes away by barge.

I guess the Regent Couple will leave for Cayz tonight, since Joachim and then Frederik are Regents.

I don't know where Frederik will be for the next two days but on the 13. he and Mary will be at the Opera attending a gala in honor of the navy.

ricarda 08-10-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123196)

Joachim is regent on 11+12 August, not today (10). He can't be regent when his mother and brother are in the country. So, that's definitely not the reason why he and Marie did not attend the parade today.

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1123202)
No, Dannebrog is a residence while she is Danish territorial waters.

She is Danish territory in international waters.

And she is a sort of embassy when in foreign territorial waters - just like other warships.

However, I doubt they are staying much onboard Dannebrog with Amalienborg just five minuttes away by barge.

So both Margrethe and Frederik have to be away, fully away from Denmark for the next two days because Joachim is regent? So are they on the Danneborg or where? :ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda (Post 1123204)
Joachim is regent on 11+12 August, not today (10). He can't be regent when his mother and brother are in the country. So, that's definitely not the reason why he and Marie did not attend the parade today.

Well it doesn't list him doing an engagement today, and if they normally attend the regency was the only reason I could think of.
If Margrethe and Frederik are going away away for the next two days, they might have started travelling now. But they all must be back on the 12th.

Muhler 08-10-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123205)
So both Margrethe and Frederik have to be away, fully away from Denmark for the next two days because Joachim is regent? So are they on the Danneborg or where? :ermm:

Yes, unless they are otherwise unable to fullfill the duty as Monarch and regent. Anything else would be unheard of. I can't recall that has happened before.

It is Frederik who will be back on the 13. Then he will be Regent. his parents will still be away until the 22. August. Presumably in France as usual at this time of year.

There is no mentioning of what Frederik will be up to for the next two days.

ashelen 08-10-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123166)
Oh yes thank you, thought he was still in Sweden. :smile:

Comparing the pictures
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto 2008

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto 2010

thank you so much, I love the photos, the comparation, one with hat the other with no hat I wonder what it is the difference in protocol this time with no hat! any other from 2009?

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1123206)
Yes, unless they are otherwise unable to fullfill the duty as Monarch and regent. Anything else would be unheard of. I can't recall that has happened before.

It is Frederik who will be back on the 13. Then he will be Regent. his parents will still be away until the 22. August. Presumably in France as usual at this time of year.

He must be somewhere, sailing perhaps? :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1123208)
thank you so much, I love the photos, the comparation, one with hat the other with no hat I wonder what it is the difference in protocol this time with no hat! any other from 2009?

I don't think they were on the danneborg in 2009.

iceflower 08-10-2010 03:23 PM

Here are pics of the second event, a reception, this time without the children:

10-08-2010 The celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary
in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 03:26 PM

Still no pregnancy bump and she is 4 months along with twins.

rubies 08-10-2010 03:47 PM

Just a wee bump in the navy dress. Now for me thats just dinner!!!:lol:

Her_Majesty 08-10-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123215)

I don't know... I think that's quite a cute and obvious bump. ;)

Lumutqueen 08-10-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1123223)

But it's tiny, 4 months and twins. :smile:

ashelen 08-10-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1123223)

when this photo had been taken?

Her_Majesty 08-10-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 1123233)
when this photo had been taken?

This evening. Iceflower posted a link to the PPE gallery. :flowers:

dazzling 08-10-2010 04:08 PM

Even though with the make up, you can clearly see Mary is tired. Love the dress on her & finally she is in something more figure hugging. Must say P.Henrik looks rather dressed down.

Tarlita 08-10-2010 04:28 PM

Marys bump

Our beautiful princess shows a lovely little bump in a dress I last saw in April 2008. Considering how fit the princess is from her regular runs through Fredensborg woods, this bump is just the right size for her. Remember she didn't show very much in her early stages with Prince Christian. I agree with you dazzling, she does look a bit tired, perhaps her nights are not so peaceful with this pregnancy or she may be suffering with morning sickness. At any rate both Mary and the Queen look thrilled.

4Pam 08-10-2010 05:38 PM

Maybe she's wearing Spanx underneath and it's helping her conceal her bump.

More info on Spanx since I'm very poor at explaining things.
Welcome to Spanx.com the Official Site of Spanx by Sara Blakely

Tiggersk8 08-10-2010 07:56 PM

Oh, I don't know. It's pretty obvious in this picture.

Love the dress!!

ashelen 08-10-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1123272)
Maybe she's wearing Spanx underneath and it's helping her conceal her bump.

More info on Spanx since I'm very poor at explaining things.
Welcome to Spanx.com the Official Site of Spanx by Sara Blakely

thank you for the link! I was wondering what kind of "corset"they were using underneath the gowns, speacially the gowns that they use for big events like the wedding of Victoria, now you can see how a dress would look better that way!

missjane 08-10-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123215)

Really!!!!:ohmy: I can see a very obvious bump in all of these photos. Lovely to see the children out with Mary too, they both look lovely. Where is Frederick for this event? Did I miss something?

Chimene 08-10-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 (Post 1123317)
Oh, I don't know. It's pretty obvious in this picture.

Love the dress!!

And don't forget her ample bosom. She'll be huge in about a month or so I'm sure.

Jacknch 08-11-2010 01:26 AM

I think Mary's little bump looks just about right for a four month pregnancy even with twins because at this early stage there won't be too much of a difference. We'll soon see her blooming and it can only be a good thing that she will not have to endure a heavy pregnancy during the hot summer months!

H.M. Margrethe 08-11-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimene (Post 1123347)
And don't forget her ample bosom. She'll be huge in about a month or so I'm sure.

I think it´s the first time i see the first hint of the bump at Mary and the dress is WAUW!!! love the coulor and the cut..

wren 08-11-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katelle (Post 1123086)
:previous:
Thanks for the pics. What a good looking family! They are ridiculously beautiful.
The Queen looks ecstatic. And Mary, oh, always svelte even at 5th or 4th month of pregnancy with twins. Hats off!

Yes picture perfect family! Mary is really incredible. She takes excellent care of herself and it shows. She has an amazing figure after having two children. I think she'll be slender and gorgeous within a very short time after the birth of her twins. She's a great role model for women.
I really like the fact that most of the royal grandchildren are going to be fairly close in age.

UserDane 08-11-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missjane (Post 1123345)
Really!!!!:ohmy: I can see a very obvious bump in all of these photos. Lovely to see the children out with Mary too, they both look lovely. Where is Frederick for this event? Did I miss something?

He was there - on one of the ships in his capacity as a naval officer I suppose during the anniversary celebrations for the Danish navy in Copenhagen Harbour.

missjane 08-11-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1123439)
He was there - on one of the ships in his capacity as a naval officer I suppose during the anniversary celebrations for the Danish navy in Copenhagen Harbour.

Thanks Userdane, I did see that not long after my post!!!

iceflower 08-11-2010 06:31 AM

Additions to the evening event:

** Kronprinsesse Mary og svigermor var midtpunkt **
(Crown Princess Mary and mother-in-law in the centre of attention)

** Kronprinsesse Mary viser maven frem **
(Crown Princess Mary shows belly/tummy)

Madame Royale 08-11-2010 08:58 AM

I like that todays afternoon news had a brief story about Mary's pregnancy, and needed an english voice over for when Mary spoke to the Danish media.

I'm sure a good deal of Australian's tend to forget that Mary speaks Danish as an everyday language nowadays, because we generally only ever hear her speak english when theres a story of notable interest.

Marika86 08-11-2010 08:59 AM

Mary is so radiant in those photos with her little baby bump!! ♥

https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10081020.jpg
In this photo i see a little bump

lancchick 08-11-2010 12:18 PM

A really great audio photo slideshow of the harbor tour. There are lots of shots of the entire family. :flowers: Foto og lyd: Stå aldrig til søs.... - Politiken.dk

Here's the original article: https://politiken.dk/indland/article1033295.ece

dazzling 08-11-2010 02:33 PM

Mary makes first appearance since announcement she's expecting twin
HelloMagazine.com

Tarlita 08-11-2010 06:16 PM

Thanks Lancchick, I really loved the photos and funny song. It must have been a visual feast from the Dannebrog watching all the ships on the harbour and they were probably using their foghorns as well. Little Isabella had her ears covered at one point against the noise. A beautiful sunny day too. An Australian warship was invited along with 26 other European countries. Looked like a great day for the royals and spectators.

missjane 08-11-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1123550)
A really great audio photo slideshow of the harbor tour. There are lots of shots of the entire family. :flowers: Foto og lyd: Stå aldrig til søs.... - Politiken.dk

Here's the original article: Kongehuset fejrede den danske flåde - Politiken.dk

These photos are lovely! The children crack me up! Especially looking through the binoculars.:smile:

ralucis 08-12-2010 04:49 AM

I can see a bump in those pictures where she had the navy dress, she is gorgeous, I liked her from the very first tuime I saw her as a bride in her beautiful wedding day. She has a great family, they must be all thrilled with the news.

Lumutqueen 08-12-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1123206)

Just wondering, if Frederik is back on the 13th, he isn't going to the Summer Youth Olympics, which he said he would be and missing his cousins weddings? :ermm:

ricarda 08-12-2010 08:54 AM

According to the DRF calendar (updated today) Frederik will be in Singapore from 24-26 August, Henrik will be in Shanghai from 25 August to 1 September. And therefore it's the Queen, Mary, Joachim&Marie who will attend the wedding in Greece.

Charlotte_Aster 08-12-2010 08:59 AM

shouldn't someone stay in denmark to act as regent?

ricarda 08-12-2010 09:01 AM

That's Benedikte.

lancchick 08-12-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1123213)

10-08-2010 The celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary
in Copenhagen.

Another video of Mary's remarks. She also curtsied to the Queen which I hadn't see in the photos. Gravid Mary: Jeg er ualmindelig træt

Al_bina 08-12-2010 01:15 PM

Denmark's Princess Mary was spotted aboard the Royal Yacht Dannebrog as the Danish Navy celebrated its 500-year jubilee in Copenhagen Harbour on Tuesday, looking svelte in a white frock...and certainly not showing any signs of pregnancy, much less being pregnant with twins!

Princess Mary Goes Yachting, No Signs Of Pregnancy Yet (PHOTOS)

Lumutqueen 08-12-2010 01:47 PM

Missing his cousins wedding for 2 days of the Summer Olympics when he could go at the start rather than the end is rather bad IMO.

Have these pictures been posted?
https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...rch=10-08-2010 Harbour

ricarda 08-12-2010 03:22 PM

He is not just going for the Youth Olympics but also to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Danish Seamens' Church in Singapore, held on 26 August.
And there are the 500 Years Danish Navy celebrations going on right now in Denmark with 2 more events for Frederik (stepping in for his mother) on 13 and 15 August.
So, obviously he could not go "at the start rather than the end".
Obviously Frederik and Henrik have engagements which are considered more important than the Greek wedding.

Lumutqueen 08-12-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricarda (Post 1123933)
Obviously Frederik and Henrik have engagements which are considered more important than the Greek wedding.

It's the wedding of his cousin, nothing should be more important than that.

Zonk 08-12-2010 04:02 PM

It is possible that Frederik's events could have been planned months if not a year in advance. And the Greek wedding was scheduled what.....six to eight weeks ago? I am pretty sure the Junior Olympics was planned at least a year in advance.

Frederik has engagements and will be represented by his wife....since his cousin is fully aware of Fredik's position and his duties......Nikolas most likely is not taking his cousin's absence as a snub. Stuff happens. Obviously everyone can' t be everywhere at the same time.

PrincessAurora 08-12-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1123140)
Celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary in Copenhagen,
August 10, 2010:

Picture gallery from sn.dk:

** Billedserie: Mary til fest med flåden **

These pictures are sweet!:flowers: I wonder how CP Mary always looks so perfect. CP Mathilde and CP Letizia are like that too - always perfect skin, lovely dress, not a hair out of place, and warm smiles.

missjane 08-12-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancchick (Post 1123891)
Another video of Mary's remarks. She also curtsied to the Queen which I hadn't see in the photos. Gravid Mary: Jeg er ualmindelig træt

She has such a lovely tone and speaking voice. To me her danish sounds very clear and fluent.

grevinnan 08-13-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1123938)
It's the wedding of his cousin, nothing should be more important than that.

Duty first. That is the way of life for many people, even non-royal.
There will be danish royal family representation at the wedding. They will have a great time even if Fredrik is not present.

Terri Terri 08-13-2010 05:50 AM

Yes. Duty comes first for royals. Princess Benedikte is Nickolas' Aunt and she's attending to her duty by being regent in Denmark while Queen Margrethe, CP Frederik and Prince Joachim are out of the country.

CP Frederik is also Denmark's IOC representative and he was elected to the position late last year. He would be severely criticized by Danish organizations and the media if he missed his first Youth Olympics.

The calenders of royals are planned well in advanced. They can't cancel official engagements just like that!

Lumutqueen 08-13-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1124085)
Yes. Duty comes first for royals. Princess Benedikte is Nickolas' Aunt and she's attending to her duty by being regent in Denmark while Queen Margrethe, CP Frederik and Prince Joachim are out of the country.

CP Frederik is also Denmark's IOC representative and he was elected to the position late last year. He would be severely criticized by Danish organizations and the media if he missed his first Youth Olympics.

The calenders of royals are planned well in advanced. They can't cancel official engagements just like that!

He's going to the Summer Youth Olympics for a day, if he's going he should go for a sizeable amount of time.
Yes calenders of royals are planned months in advance and it's not Frederik's fault he is missing his cousins wedding.

Paty 08-31-2010 02:57 PM

Queen Margrethe and Crown Prince Frederik meet with Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Danish Prime Minister and now NATO Secretary General.

https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9162/27676787.png
https://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8827/17033970.png

UserDane 09-09-2010 03:49 PM

B.T. has a series of very nice photos of tonight's benefit dinner for WWF at the 'orangeriet' at Fredensborg castle Mary viste maven frem | www.bt.dk

iceflower 09-10-2010 04:28 AM

Great appearance of the family, I especially like the seventh pic of the
bt.dk gallery - Margrethe, Mary and Marie standing together. Thanks
for posting, UserDane! :flowers:

Here's a first article from Billed-Bladet about the event:

** Flot kjole: Marie indtog Fredensborg med stil **

And a second one from BB focussing on Mary mainly:

** Kronprinsesse Mary til fest hos svigerfar **

** ppe gallery **

** msndk: Marie og Mary til fest på slottet **

dazzling 09-10-2010 09:15 AM

Indeed a lovely appearance from the family, all ladies looked lovely last night.
Was their cars parked/stopped next to a bush or tree? Looks like it when Marie & Mary were dropped.

Lumutqueen 09-10-2010 11:57 AM

What a stunning event with the whole family, Mary looks wonderful.

Marika86 09-11-2010 10:45 AM

Article on "Hola" about the World Wildlife Fund charity dinner:
La Familia Real danesa, comprometida con la defensa de la naturaleza

Mary & Marie: Schick für den Umweltschutz - BUNTE

Muhler 09-16-2010 09:07 AM

Thanks for the dlightful pics. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2010.
Tre stærke kvinder - Three strong women.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

It's not much of an article in fact. The journalist has instead noted a very unusual thing indeed.
Queen Margrethe, Mary and la Marie (*) arrived at the orangerie togther in a car on this mild late summer evening. And then QMII suggested herself that all three of them should pose for the photographers.
QMII, being a majesty, rarely pose for photographers. To suggest it herself is extremely rare!

Then the royal gentlemen arrived. On foot. They had strolled the few hundred meters from Fredernsborg to the orangerie. With Prince Henrik in the front and Frederik (**) and Joachim chatting behind him.
After a little chat outside, the DRF went inside for this charity dinner on behalf of WWF. 260 guests were invited and each paid 5.000 DKK for this dinner, so that meant that WWF recieved 1.3 million DKK.
The food was excuisite. It better be at that price!

(*) All three ladies were stylish, yet Mary was in my opinion without any doubt the most classy lady of the evening.
Our Marie was sweet as always, even considering she was wearing a DP-dress, disruptive pattern, which is good for camuflage.

(**) I so much hope that Frederik will one day be kidnapped by five competent tailors!
No matter what definition you apply, you cannot call Frederik fat. Yet, his dinner jacket was bottoned with one botton, no problem except that he was on the verge of doing a Prince Henrik. As the botton looked like it could fly off any moment and hurt an innocent bystander. You do not, you simply do not show any shirt beneath your botton, when you have bottoned your suit. :ermm:
Joachim, on the other hand, was naturally correctly attired. With his handkerchief neatly folded as befits a gentleman. :cool:

dazzling 10-26-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

October 26, 2010
Royal Couple hold concert for representatives of the Danish research and science in Fredensborg Palace Church, followed by supper at Fredensborg Castle. Crown Prince couple and HRH Princess Marie participating in the event at. 19.00.

And here are the pictures.
Is that Marie's new Lady in waiting sitting behind her?

https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4338/47352049.png
https://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6388/44396113.png
https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/958/38609042.png
https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8310/46717941.png
https://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1489/35194203.png
https://img259.imageshack.us/img259/701/88821615.png
https://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7845/22973041.png
https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2595/40975328.png
https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8771/97953585.png

agami.pearl 10-26-2010 04:18 PM

thanks for pictures :flowers:

according to the guestlist from official site
Quote:

Deres Kongelige Højheder Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Maries Hof
Hofdame Marianne Engel

iceflower 10-27-2010 02:49 AM

Great pics, thanks a lot for sharing! :flowers:

Here's a nice gallery from bt.dk about the concert:

** Gravid Mary til Koncert **

selminha 10-27-2010 04:56 AM

Mary looks wonderful!!!!!

carlota 10-27-2010 03:51 PM

it seems that both mary and marie's ladies in waiting were there!

i wonder if it's part of the dress code, as all the ladies but the queen are dressed in black...

dazzling 10-27-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1152559)
it seems that both mary and marie's ladies in waiting were there!

i wonder if it's part of the dress code, as all the ladies but the queen are dressed in black...

I dont think its the dress code but could be since the princesses and LIW are all in black but lets not forget that Marie tends to wear black for night events.

Muhler 11-04-2010 09:24 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #44, 2010.
De kongelige på første række - The royals on the front row.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

At the yearly concert in the palace chapel at Fredensborg members from the world of research and science were invited. Including the Minster for Science, Charlotte Sahl-Madsen (*) and the PM and Foreign Minister.
Anyway, all of them dressed up in their finest listened to the concert for an hour. The musicians came from the Royal Music Conservatory.
At 20.00 it was time for a supper in the domed hall. Mary, sporting a neat ponytail, was seated next to the dean of Aarhus University. OMII had the pleasure of the PM's comapny. Here they all enjoyed a precourse consisting of fish, before the guests could dive into a buffet where, judging from the article, nothing was missing.
The supper ended at 23.00

(*) Talk about an invisible minister! I didn't even know her. Why on earth the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister were invited is beyond me. Innovation is hardly on their agenda. - Sorry, couldn't resist. :tongue: And yes, I still vote for the PM's party. Soon to be the former PM, if he doesn't shape up... :bang:
The Foreign Minster? Well, she is... She is a very blond blonde. :whistling:

iceflower 11-07-2010 10:57 AM

Several members of the family today attended the Sportsrideklub Bens
Hubertus Hunting in Deer Park, here are some wonderful pics including
the kids:

** ppe gallery - November 7, 2010 **

And here's another nice gallery from berlinske.dk:

** Hubertusjagt i Dyrehaven **

rsfc149 11-07-2010 11:04 AM

I love Isabella's new haircut =) She looks really cute.

Sternchen 11-07-2010 11:08 AM

Definetly :) I also like the poncho Henrik is wearing, looks like he lent it from Mary :) (Sizewise ;) )