The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal International Events (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f277/)
-   -   Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f277/royals-at-the-2010-vancouver-winter-olympics-26541.html)

cristine 03-01-2010 10:37 AM

I saw Queen Silvia on tv, aplauding the Swedish Women Curling team after the gold medal on Friday 26 February and saw WA, Maxima and the girls arriving to see the team pursuit in skating last Saturday. The commentators in the Brazilian tv didn't recognized them... But it was really nice to see them supporting their athletes. But didn't see any royal in the Closing Ceremony last night.

LadyFinn 03-01-2010 11:14 AM

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, king Harald and queen Sonja at the Men's 50 km Mass Start yesterday:
Daylife gallery
Great photo of king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia
SvenskDam

principessa 03-01-2010 11:20 AM

I am looking forward to see some royals at the paralympics.

ursulajohanna 03-02-2010 10:32 AM

It's very surprising that no royals attend the Closing Ceremony on Sunday evening in Vancouver! :sad:

Now here pictures with the swedish royal guests:

https://bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se/

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristine (Post 1055831)
But didn't see any royal in the Closing Ceremony last night.

heathshire 03-02-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursulajohanna (Post 1056148)
It's very surprising that no royals attend the Closing Ceremony on Sunday evening in Vancouver! :sad:

Our Governor General wasn't even there. Very Disappointing. She supposedly didn't even attend an event outside of the opening ceremonies.

principessa 03-02-2010 03:38 PM

I found some reports on royalnews.de about royals attending the Winter Olympics in Vancouver:

One about Ariane as the youngest fan:

Google Nachricht

One about Frederik, Mary and Haakon:

Google Nachricht

And one about Carl Gustaf, Silvia and Carl Philip:

Google Nachricht

LadyFinn 03-02-2010 03:54 PM

Prince Albert and Charlene:
Prinsen som trivs bäst i baren | Bakom Kulisserna - SvenskDam

~*Kaiserin*~ 03-02-2010 04:09 PM

Did anyone hear more about the Swedish royal reception at the Scandinavian Community Centre (on Thursday, 25. February)? Scandinavian Community Centre | Day 14 — Swedish Royal Reception — SOLDÂ*OUT

ghost_night554 03-03-2010 01:18 AM

Prince Albert attended the closing ceremony here is a picture

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Sunday February 28 2010. EXCLUSIVE King Carl Gustaf of Sweden with Queen Silvia and Prince Carl Philip, above them King Harald of Norway and Queen Sonja at the closing ceremony of the 21st Winter Olympic Games
https://tinypic.com/r/2gy95d1/6
Source: Newscom

ursulajohanna 03-03-2010 06:01 AM

Here link of the reception:
Himlen stoppar inte svenska olympier - www.sok.se [NS4 version]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kaiserin*~ (Post 1056262)
Did anyone hear more about the Swedish royal reception at the Scandinavian Community Centre (on Thursday, 25. February)? Scandinavian Community Centre | Day 14 — Swedish Royal Reception — SOLDÂ*OUT

ghost_night554 03-12-2010 09:19 PM

The paralympics begin today. I know Edward is attending are any other royals going to be in attendance?

sofajr 03-13-2010 01:15 AM

Prinsesse Märtha Louise of Norway will be there as well.

lucien 03-14-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1059014)
The paralympics begin today. I know Edward is attending are any other royals going to be in attendance?

HRH Princess Margriet of The Netherlands is already there for a few days and Crown Princess Victoria will join in as well.

LadyFinn 03-20-2010 02:24 AM

Princess Märtha Louise smiles as she cheers on the Norwegian team during the third period of semi-final Ice Sledge Hockey action against the U.S. at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Paralympic Games March 18
Daylife

Princess Märtha Louise celebrates after Norway tied the game against Canada during their bronze medal sledge hockey game at the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, March 19, 2010
Daylife
Daylife

~*Kaiserin*~ 03-22-2010 01:56 AM

Oh, how funny! I was at that game, sitting in the section to her left. I didn't know she was part of the Norwegian group cheering about 10 rows below us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1061253)
Princess Märtha Louise smiles as she cheers on the Norwegian team during the third period of semi-final Ice Sledge Hockey action against the U.S. at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Paralympic Games March 18
Daylife

Princess Märtha Louise celebrates after Norway tied the game against Canada during their bronze medal sledge hockey game at the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, March 19, 2010
Daylife
Daylife

Prince Edward arrived in Vancouver on Thursday, March 18th.

Prince Edward visited the UBC Thunderbird Arena on Friday the 19th to watch the Czech Republic vs. South Korea Ice Sledge Hockey game. I was volunteering that day and was conveniently posted in front of the Paralympic Family lounge when he entered the building and when he returned to the lounge after the 1st period. Unfortunately, he didn't greet us. :sad:

Opal 03-22-2010 02:55 AM

It's too bad you missed her Kaiserin. Martha Louise looks like she's really into the game. :smile:

Her_Majesty 05-06-2010 06:01 AM

Harald and Sonja during an interview for a Canadian TV channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fxgt3Asw1U

I like this kind of casual interviews with the Royal couple. How funny that the reporter explains that first wore a suit and tie and got a sweater then, because he felt too overdressed next to the Royals. :D
"She would be very happy that the Queen of Norway fixed my sweater." :D - hahah.

laduchesse 05-06-2010 07:59 AM

What a great interview with the King and Queen of Norway. Thanks so much for posting! They're so down to earth, and it was funny to hear about the sweater and Facebook reference.