The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: Dec 2009-Sept 2015 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/countess-alexandra-and-martin-j-rgensen-current-events-part-3-dec-2009-sept-2015-a-26224.html)

dazzling 12-09-2009 12:35 AM

Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: Dec 2009-Sept 2015

Welcome to
Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen Current Events Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz & iceflower

dazzling 12-09-2009 12:38 AM

BB has an article and picture gallery of the love that is between Martin and Alexandra.
It says how they enjoy each others company and the 14 year difference between them doesnt stop the love they have.

Click here

rylt11 12-09-2009 09:41 PM

Happy that love still prevails and that this love enables them to provide a good home for the young princes, which is, after all, the paramount reason for the home, custody, etc.

However, I never have found a man going out socially and in public in a half buttoned shirt attractive, nor consider that a dignified style, particularly when associated with a former princess of the realm who followed royal protocol and was dressed by designers.

It's a very big gap between the two.

Alexandra seems to have slipped into a very casual sort of style now, at least with regard to her recent attire.

She was so elegant, coiffed, well put together before, as a royal princess.

auntie 12-24-2009 04:37 PM

I must say, Alex's hairstyle has grown on me, sort of suits her new lifestle, far more casual than b4. She probably felt she needed a change, and now was the right time...

rylt11 12-24-2009 09:34 PM

Yes, she is far more casual than her former pictures. However, I can't say that the somewhat rumpled slacks she chooses to wear sometimes are becoming on her, or anyone else for that matter, be they royal, former royal, or just average person.

I'm referring to what she wore when dropping her children off at school on the first day, when she and P Joachim gave each other a peck on the cheek.

Odette 12-28-2009 11:01 PM

IMHO It is only natural for a woman in her 40's married to a man 14 years her junior, to adopt a bit of a more casual wardrobe. Alexandra has to look, feel and behave like a woman in her late 20's early 30's to keep up.
I am very happy they are in love and it is important, but to keep the fires burning she cannot appear in clothes she used to wear when she was a member of the DRF. She is doing the right thing by adopting a more care free, youthful appearance.

rylt11 12-29-2009 10:55 AM

Trying to hard, I think. The outfit she wore recently, with a cocoa flimsy blouse, sparkly around the neck, sporty, chunky boots and a pleated, shiny skirt looked awful, absolutely awful. She also had earrings resembling chandeliers. She has lost her way it seems. One or two details would have sufficed. The only thing those articles of clothing had in common was color tone. It looked like a jumble sale gone wrong.

If she is worried about not looking 45, She can look trendy while maintaining a sense of style. It is a dreadful mistake for middle-aged women who have a slight build (small-boned, slim, and petite) to continue wearing clothes designed for those in their early twenties.

As lines start to creep in, she will be fighting that as well. Nothing worse than a youngster's body with an older woman's face.

Odette 12-30-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rylt11 (Post 1035324)
Trying to hard, I think. The outfit she wore recently, with a cocoa flimsy blouse, sparkly around the neck, sporty, chunky boots and a pleated, shiny skirt looked awful, absolutely awful. She also had earrings resembling chandeliers. She has lost her way it seems. One or two details would have sufficed. The only thing those articles of clothing had in common was color tone. It looked like a jumble sale gone wrong.

If she is worried about not looking 45, She can look trendy while maintaining a sense of style. It is a dreadful mistake for middle-aged women who have a slight build (small-boned, slim, and petite) to continue wearing clothes designed for those in their early twenties.

As lines start to creep in, she will be fighting that as well. Nothing worse than a youngster's body with an older woman's face.

Everything you said makes absolutely perfect sense. However it is an uphill battle fighting father time expecially when your mate is so much younger.
Thankfully there are surgeries than can turn us all into teenagers and I am sure when the time comes she will think about it.:flowers:

rylt11 01-02-2010 12:33 AM

She is an intelligent woman who has shown she has good clothes sense in the past. Perhaps she will swing back from where she is currently and choose a more middle of the road approach to her wardrobe. She will look far more refined and less desperate.

Perhaps tucks here and there lie ahead for her, but she is still the center of much attention through her various patronages and should keep that in mind when choosing her clothes.

PetraHel 01-02-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 1035697)
Everything you said makes absolutely perfect sense. However it is an uphill battle fighting father time expecially when your mate is so much younger.
Thankfully there are surgeries than can turn us all into teenagers and I am sure when the time comes she will think about it.:flowers:

Surgeons don´t turn anybody back into teenagers, just to people looking good for their age (if they don´t exaggerate with surgeries) or to ridiculous masks (surgeries addicts). I hope she won´t choose the second way... I doubt her husband would appreciate it.

UserDane 01-13-2010 06:04 PM

The TV2 online news reports that countess Alexandra's father, Richard Manley, has passed away, aged 85. He died at a hospital in Vienna - Alexandras far er død, 85 år - TV 2 Nyhederne

rominet09 01-13-2010 08:06 PM

Did he live in Vienna ?

Anna Z. 01-13-2010 08:37 PM

Sad :sad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 1040025)
Did he live in Vienna ?

Yes, according to the article posted by UserDane, they (have) lived in Vienna, Christina Manley's birthplace, for the past two years. Before Joachim married Marie, they lived at Schackenborg to be close to their daughter.

Katrianna 01-14-2010 12:05 AM

My condolences. It's hard to lose a parent, no matter how old a child is, you think your parents will live forever.:sad:

Paty 01-14-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 1040025)
Did he live in Vienna ?

Yes, he and his wife moved to Vienna Austria, his wife's home town, in 2008

principessa 01-14-2010 06:29 AM

How sad. I hope that Alexandra and her family have the strength to handle the mourning. May God bless Richard Manley and his family!

antonieta 01-14-2010 06:40 AM

My condolences to the family.

stellam 01-14-2010 09:55 AM

It would be interesting to see who of the DRF will attend the funeral.

ladybelline 01-14-2010 10:27 AM

Very sad news. My condolences to his wife and children...:sad:

Maybe Prince Joachim will attend the funeral? That would not be surprising.

sgl 01-14-2010 10:51 AM

My thoughts go out to Alexandra and her family. I do think that it would be a lovely gesture if Joachim attended the funeral. It would be a nice way to show support for his children, who have just lost their grandfather.

lyndaW 01-14-2010 11:01 AM

Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??

H.M. Margrethe 01-14-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 1040224)
Were Nikolai, Felix & Martin in Viena ??

No they was at school at the time..but they wear both collectet by the countess and Martin Jørgensen..

I wonder if the royal family woud send som flowers to the funeral..after all Mr. and Mrs. Mandley was Prince Joachims first in-laws and it i offen godt the fealing that the Mandlyes and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik (senior) had a good relationship with each other.

My condolonces to the family.

ashelen 01-14-2010 04:27 PM

I am sure Joahim had a lot of apreciation for them, that he divorce his daughter does not have anything to do wifeeling towards them after all after they divorce they were still living his home until his marriage with Marie, that tell something !
mu condolonces to the family!

linda85 01-14-2010 05:26 PM

Oh that is so sad. I am sure he lived a long and happy life. He was able to appreciate that his daughter, Alexandra, moved on and found happines in her personal life as well.. That is all a parent wants for their child.....happiness.

crm2317 01-14-2010 05:32 PM

This is very sad news. My condolences to Alexandra, Martin, Nikolai, Felix and the extended family

rylt11 01-14-2010 08:06 PM

Very sad for the boys to lose their grandfather, as well as Alexandra her father. Joachim, who has impeccable manners with matters such as this will surely pay his respects and be there to support his children. Perhaps Marie will join him, showing that she also feels the loss for the family. The foursome has been on friendly terms from the outset, so it would not be surprising.

Isn't it true that the Manleys lived on the grounds of Schackenborg rather than the house itself? I would think it would be a bit awkward to entertain Marie when she visited with them under the same roof.

Terri Terri 01-14-2010 08:22 PM

The Manleys lived in a home on the grounds of Schackenborg. I think that we can be sure that Prince Joachim will attend the funeral.

Lumutqueen 01-15-2010 05:25 AM

Google Translate

How awful, my condolences to Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix.

Naggi 01-15-2010 03:58 PM

My sincere condolences to Alexandra. How sad for her whole family.

antonieta 01-20-2010 01:36 PM

Has already occured the funeral of the Contess's father?

duchess inez 01-20-2010 01:48 PM

My condolonces to the family

principessa 01-20-2010 02:11 PM

Alexandra at the cover of Billedbladet:

https://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...2010/BB03.ashx

iceflower 01-20-2010 03:50 PM

The newest pics of Countess Alexandra at the opening of
Esbjerg as Unicef City today, have been moved to the
following thread as she attended in her role as Danish
Committee for UNICEF:

** Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Charities and Patronages **
-

Paty 02-01-2010 09:32 AM

Here is an article and photos of Countess Alexandra and family atteding the funneral of her father. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie sent a wearth of flowers.

Alexandra sidste bevægede farvel til far - Royale - BT.dk
Google Traducir

Photo Gallery:
Alexandras far begravet | www.bt.dk

antonieta 02-01-2010 11:35 AM

I,m so sad for Contess Alexandra.
My he rest in peace.

Terri Terri 02-01-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rylt11 (Post 1040359)
Very sad for the boys to lose their grandfather, as well as Alexandra her father. Joachim, who has impeccable manners with matters such as this will surely pay his respects and be there to support his children. Perhaps Marie will join him, showing that she also feels the loss for the family. The foursome has been on friendly terms from the outset, so it would not be surprising.

Isn't it true that the Manleys lived on the grounds of Schackenborg rather than the house itself? I would think it would be a bit awkward to entertain Marie when she visited with them under the same roof.

Quote:

I think that we can be sure that Prince Joachim will attend the funeral.
Well...no member of the Danish Royal Family attended afterall, but they did send wreaths. I am surprised that Prince Joachim did not attend since Mr. Manley was his father-in-law for 10 years and his first children's grandfather.

windsorgirl 02-01-2010 11:54 AM

So is it customary for the DRF to send red & white flowers with the large ribbons? Just wondering as I've never seen official funeral arrangements before....even the pink arrangement has large ribbons cascading which looks very formal and elegant. :flowers:

queen dolly 02-01-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsorgirl (Post 1046728)
So is it customary for the DRF to send red & white flowers with the large ribbons? Just wondering as I've never seen official funeral arrangements before....even the pink arrangement has large ribbons cascading which looks very formal and elegant. :flowers:

the DRF always sends red and white flowers for funerals (the danish colours), and it is common in DK to send flowers with a ribbon.

crm2317 02-01-2010 12:37 PM

My condolences to the family. Who of the royal family sent flowers? I recognised the one from Joachim and Marie. Who sent the beautiful pink and white flowers?

windsorgirl 02-01-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crm2317 (Post 1046740)
My condolences to the family. Who of the royal family sent flowers? I recognised the one from Joachim and Marie. Who sent the beautiful pink and white flowers?

HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Prince Henrik sent the other red and white arrangement, as the ribbons bear their monograms. The solid darker pink arrangement says "With Love, Christa" so that's his widow. On the pink and white arrangement, I can make out the name Martina on the ribbon, so that one must be from his daughters.

rylt11 02-01-2010 06:27 PM

I really thought Joachim would be there.

Terri Terri 02-02-2010 10:30 AM

An online article from BT.dk speculating as to why Prince Joachim did not attend the funeral.
Derfor blev Joachim væk fra Manleys begravelse - Royale - BT.dk

rylt11 02-02-2010 05:02 PM

Can anyone please translate the article, or the gist of the article which explains Joachim's absence from the funeral of his former father-in-law?

JessRulz 02-03-2010 03:38 AM

:previous:

Google Translate

To translate an article, if you paste the link into Google it will give you a choice to "Translate this page" automatically.

ricarda 02-03-2010 03:42 AM

The article states that the royal house did not give any comment about Joachim's absence since this is considered a private matter.
That's the only fact, everything else is pure speculation or explanation by a family therapist.
He says that Joachim possibly did not attend out of consideration for his new wife and family. And that he, if he had still been a single, most probably would have attended. Then he could have taken care of his sons while Martin would have been able to take more care of Alexandra.

lyndaW 02-03-2010 12:24 PM

Joachim is a stickler for doing what is correct, we will never know exactly why he decided not to attend, but the Manley's lived in the two story red brick "gatehouse" I believe longer than Alex lived at Schackenborg...he was an outstanding son-in-law, very few X's would continue to support & have on their property their former inlaws.

rylt11 02-08-2010 04:41 PM

I think the explanation that was given is a good one. It would have been very different if he was still single. Considering how close the inlaws were to Joachim, lifing right there on the grounds at Schackenborg for so many years, it's a little strange that he wouldn't be at the funeral, but certainly acceptable.

Zonk 02-08-2010 04:57 PM

IMO it certainly was not acceptable.

This wasn't some guy he met casually who died..or a friend of a friend.....Joachim was the father in law to Mr. Manley for several years, Mr. and Mrs. Manley lived on his property during and after his marriage to their daughter and he was the grandfather to Joachim's two sons. When paternal my grandmother recently passed my mother attended her funeral. My parents were married for 22 years and divorced for 10, and they weren't particularly friendly but it was a sign of respect. Of course my step mother had a problem with it...but its her problem.

Now I will acknolwedge that Joachim is in a no win situation. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. His presence would have brought a lot of unwelcome attention to HIM rather than celebrating the life of Mr. Manley. Just as his absence has done. I certainly wouldn't not expect Marie to attend. She has no direct relation with the Manleys other than being the step mother to the two boys. Its great that both Joachim, Alexandra, Martin and Marie have a great relationship for civility sake as well as the well being of the of the two boys....but let's keep it in perspective.

But we have no knowledge of what really happened. I am sure Joachim conveyed his condolences via phone call to the Manley family.

But that is just my opinion.

Terri Terri 02-08-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Its great that both Joachim, Alexandra, Martin and Marie have a great relationship for civility sake as well as the well being of the of the two boys.
I agree...Civility is what we see in public. But relationships change and Prince Joachim has new priorities - a new wife and son. We really don't know what the relationships are like in private now. I don't think that everything is as sweet and easy as is presented to the public where these 2 couples (Joachim & Marie and Alexandra & Martin) are concerned. There could be some difficulties there that we don't know about.

Zonk 02-08-2010 08:59 PM

There could definitely be some issues we aren't privy too. That's why I say let's keep things in perspective, they are managing raise the two boys together...all four of them with Alexandra and Joachim making the final decisions. They are after all the parents. Joachim and Alexandra certainly have friends in common but I don't think Martin and Joachim are going to have a drink and/or coffee just to shoot the breeze unless it relates to the boys and the same with Alexandra and Marie. I find it a little strange that people would expect Marie to attend Mr. Manley's funeral. If something happened to the Queen and Prince Henrik, I would expect Alexandra to attend the funeral but I wouldn't expect Martin to attend.

Nonetheless, I do think that Joachim should have attended Mr. Manley's funeral it doesn't matter if he was married and/or single. This is a man that was a part of his family for several years. But I acknowledge that he was in a no win situation, and the funeral was really a homegoing service for Mr. Manley and not about Joachim. My deepest sympathies and condolences to the Manley family.

Katrianna 02-09-2010 12:13 AM

I guess I have to say that I would have liked to see Joachim attend Mr. Manley's funeral. If he wanted to, he could have entered through a side entrance and even though he may have been photographed, it would have probably been only one or two pictures. It would have been a nice gesture toward the Manley family and the boys would have their father with them and their mother. When my mother died my brother's ex-wife showed up at the funeral even though they were divorced for 15 yr. and it was nice of her to do that.
There very well may have been matters that aren't known as to why he didn't attend, but the floral tribute sent by Joachim and Marie was nevertheless a very nice gesture and I'm sure Joachim did speak to Alexandra per phone to express condolences.:smile:

rylt11 02-14-2010 07:41 PM

I think that Joachim must certainly have spoken at least to Alexandra (if not her mother and sisters as well) when he learned of his former father-in-law's death.

I remember how emphatic he was when the engagement interview took place and he was asked about the Manleys continuing to live at Schackenborg. He said there would be no pushing of any kind to have them leave. He seemed to be completely genuine in his remarks. Marie stayed quiet and respected what Joachim was saying. She didn't go to live in Schackenborg until the marriage (actually, wasn't her family staying there during the pre-wedding events?)

Joachim appears to be the ideal son-in-law with regard to Alexandra's family. It's not every son-in-law who willingly lives that near to his in-laws. Wonderful for the grandchildren. It looked ideal, didn't it?

I notice that the two princes are not with their father and Marie this holiday. Perhaps they need to be with their mother for support...Or maybe they'll turn up on the Swiss mountains in pictures soon.

Tricota 02-19-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 1050689)
B.T. had a short article February 11, 2010, that Joachim is or has leased part of his 1200 hectacres,
AND
his Farm Manager Stewart Soren Frrdereksen of 17-years will be leaving (no reason given) the first of the year, so the position will be open............

Any one have some additonal information....perhaps (my guess only) Joachim will be taking over more duties from Henrik & the Queen, as Fred will be tied up with the IOC for 9.5 more years

Farms are getting larger and larger every year, and he is often is a somewhat difficult position, being both a prince and a farmer. I think he will be getting more of a role in the Royal duties, something that has been hempered in the last 5 years due to the whole Alexandra thing, and coupled with the responsebility of being a new father, means that he will probably spend less time on the farming and simply lease out the land insted. Perhaps some even hopes that, as Alexandras role in the Royal Family diminishes, she would get less money from the state and he would get more.

Terri Terri 02-19-2010 06:14 AM

Prince Joachim received an increase in his annuity when he married Marie. He gets about 3.2 Million Dkk annually. However, he is now breeding cattle on his farm in addition to still planting crops like wheat, barley, potatoes and Christmas trees (This information was from an interview he and Marie gave which was in the paper edition of Billed Bladet).

Alexandra has no role in the royal family and gets about 2 Million annually since she retained some of her patronages and is the mother of 2 princes. This annuity will be given to her for the rest of her life.

The royal family's and Alexandra's annuities are adjusted upwards (increased) every year.

And yes...the younger members of the family are taking over more duties from the Queen and Prince Henrik, but it is the Crown Prince Couple who are taking over a lot of the more important duties.

Tricota 02-19-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1052801)
Prince Joachim received an increase in his annuity when he married Marie. He gets about 3.2 Million Dkk annually. However, he is now breeding cattle on his farm in addition to still planting crops like wheat, barley, potatoes and Christmas trees (This information was from an interview he and Marie gave which was in the paper edition of Billed Bladet).

Which is apparently now changeing.

Quote:

Alexandra has no role in the royal family and gets about 2 Million annually since she retained some of her patronages and is the mother of 2 princes. This annuity will be given to her for the rest of her life.
Although she has no role in the Royal Family, she is still part of it as mother to the Nikolaj and Felix, and she still has patronages. And her income is by no means secure, as evident by the fact that she has started working again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1052801)
And yes...the younger members of the family are taking over more duties from the Queen and Prince Henrik, but it is the Crown Prince Couple who are taking over a lot of the more important duties.

Perhaps. But with Henrik in France most of the time, and Frederik in IOC, there is still a lot to be done, especially as Benedikte get older. And with both Frederik and the Queen traveling a lot, he has to stay and be in charge formally.

Terri Terri 02-19-2010 07:46 AM

The change is that Prince Joachim's farm is now focusing on more cattle breeding verses growing crops.

Countess Alexandra's children are members of the royal family. Alexandra is no longer a member of the royal house or royal family as was announced at the time of her engagement to Martin by the royal house itself. Her income from the government is secure as she will receive it for the rest of her life. However, before she married Martin, she did not have to pay taxes or VAT on her government annuity. That changed when she married a second time, which is why she took the job as a director for Ferring Pharmaceuticals to make up for the loss of some of her government annuity through taxes and VAT.

The IOC will not take up all of CP Frederik's time. For example, CP Frederik is not staying until the end of the winter games in Vancouver (like CP Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands). According to his calender, his last day is today. He is returning to Denmark as he will be regent for a few days next week. So in this current instance, his duties as the CP of Denmark supercede those with the IOC.

Tricota 02-20-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1052832)
The change is that Prince Joachim's farm is now focusing on more cattle breeding verses growing crops.

Yes, I believe that was what I said.

Quote:

Her income from the government is secure as she will receive it for the rest of her life. However, before she married Martin, she did not have to pay taxes or VAT on her government annuity. That changed when she married a second time, which is why she took the job as a director for Ferring Pharmaceuticals to make up for the loss of some of her government annuity through taxes and VAT.
I am sorry, but you are just wrong. Her income is by no means secured for the rest of her life. There is already talk of cutting back that income and it was almost deffenitly dissapear when they boys turn 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1052832)
The IOC will not take up all of CP Frederik's time. For example, CP Frederik is not staying until the end of the winter games in Vancouver (like CP Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands). According to his calender, his last day is today. He is returning to Denmark as he will be regent for a few days next week. So in this current instance, his duties as the CP of Denmark supercede those with the IOC.

No they didnt. The major IOC stuff was over and since Denmark has almost no medal chances at the winter olympic (unlike Holland), there was no reason for him to stay. But this is not only a matter of time, but a matter of being out of the country. And Joachim is acting as rigsforstander more and more these days.

Terri Terri 02-20-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Yes, I believe that was what I said.
Good! So we agree on that point!:flowers:

Quote:

I am sorry, but you are just wrong. Her income is by no means secured for the rest of her life. There is already talk of cutting back that income and it was almost deffenitly dissapear when they boys turn 18.
Can you provide evidence of this? Who is talking about cutting back her income when her children turn 18 years?

ADDITION:

I have now located the law pertaining to Alexandra's patronage and the links are provided below:
https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms....aspx?id=20983 (In Danish)

Let's take a look at the announcement from the Danish Royal Family's website at the time of Alexandra's engagement to Martin Jørgensen in March 2007 as follows:
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Arkiv (Danish version)
Google Translate (Online English translation)
Quote:

Under the Act of 24 November 2004 Annual Allowance for Princess Alexandra, the Princess as Countess continue to receive a special benefit from the state without tax exemptions.
There has never been any announcement that Alexandra's appange will discontinue when her children become of age. The Danish government granted Alexandra a lifetime appanage given the work she had done as princess of Denmark for 9 years and as long as she continues to work for her 14 patronages, she will continue to get the government appanage. Futhermore, her appanage is indexed to inflation and will continue to increase, just like the royal family and civil servants in Denmark.
More links to information on Alexandra's appanage as follows:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-4146-3.html
Princess Alexandra can look forward to a DKK 2 mil
Political parties came out broadly in support of a

Quote:

And Joachim is acting as rigsforstander more and more these days.
Joachim only acts as rigsforstander when both the Queen and CP Frederik is out of the country. But I accept your point though. The Crown Prince Couple accompanied the Regent Couple on their first State Visit to Vietnam and we can expect that the Crown Prince Couple may accompany the Regent Couple on other state visits in the future so either Joachim or Princess Benedikte will be rigsforstander.

But we can also make the point that if the younger couples in the DRF are taking over more duties from the elderly Queen and Prince Henrik, then that will mean more travelling for the Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. So we may find that Princess Benedikte will act as rigsforstander more in the future if the Queen is overseas as well.

Tricota 02-22-2010 09:18 AM

Oh, boy...I am runing out of ways to say this, so Ill just have to repeat myself. You are wrong. The money she currently recieves is not secure. Her wages, like the rest of the Royal Family, is negotiated twice a year, and the appanage is at the whim of the politicians. The only person the state is obliged to support is the Regent.

Danmarks Riges Grundlov - § 11

Noone else. Not Prince Henrik or Princess Benedikte, not the Crown Prince couple and not Joachim and Marie and certainly not Alexandre. They can chose to do so if they want, but it is totally up to them. And just because you are given it once, does not mean it is granted forever.

The money she currently recieves is a result of a time when she was A; stil considered part of the outer Royal Family, B; stil had many more or less official obligations, C; unmarried, D; broke and E; the mother of Nikolaj and Felix.

At the moment she is no longer by any streach "part of the family", nor does she have any onligations of that nature. She is also no longer unmarried and no longer broke. So the only thing that is really ensureing her a place on the civil list (god I loathe that word) is that she is a mother to Nikolaj and Felix. That will always be the case of course, but when they are both of legal age, there is no need for her to continue recieving money from the state, which is who more and more people thinks that it will end by then, if not sooner. She has already demonstrated that she can be on the board of Ferring. Any more of that and I think the arengement could end before that.

But let me ask you, why do you imagen, that she has so actively been looking for work, if her income was secured for life?

The royal finances are decided by politicians, and she is not longer in a favoureble situation.

Terri Terri 02-22-2010 10:36 AM

Yet you still have not provided any proof that Alexandra's appanage will end when her children are 18. If that was to be the case, it would have been part of the original law granting her the allowance. And again, the reason why she is looking for additional work is to replace part of the the government income she has lost through having to pay taxes and VAT on her appanage from the government which occurred at the time of her marriage to Martin. She loses about 60% of the DKK 2 Million that she receives from the government to Taxes, so of course she is actively looking for work to make up for that 60% loss.

We are going around in circles. Neither of us are going to change our point of view here.

So we'll have to agree to disagree!

H.M. Margrethe 02-22-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri Terri (Post 1053774)
Yet you still have not provided any proof that Alexandra's appanage will end when her children are 18. If that was to be the case, it would have been part of the original law granting her the allowance. And again, the reason why she is looking for additional work is to replace part of the the government income she has lost through having to pay taxes and VAT on her appanage from the government which occurred at the time of her marriage to Martin. She loses about 60% of the DKK 2 Million that she receives from the government to Taxes, so of course she is actively looking for work to make up for that 60% loss.

We are going around in circles. Neither of us are going to change our point of view here.

So we'll have to agree to disagree!

The answe to youre questino regardsing Alexandras appangage is following :

Alexandras appange will end the day she dies...I think Tricoa thinks of the childesupport that prince Joachim is paying Alexandra..but according to Danish law the childesupport can also be paied until thi childe is 21 years old...it deppents what kinde of aggrement the parents is accepting when the divorce is final.

Lumutqueen 02-22-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricota (Post 1053142)

You say there is talk, what talk, magazines? Newspapers? News? Rumours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricota (Post 1053142)
No they didnt. The major IOC stuff was over and since Denmark has almost no medal chances at the winter olympic (unlike Holland), there was no reason for him to stay. But this is not only a matter of time, but a matter of being out of the country. And Joachim is acting as rigsforstander more and more these days.

The IOC hold sessions once every year, as Frederik is a member and a new one at that he is obliged to attend. He is returning from the games because he is to act as regent.
When was the last time Joachim acted as regent, and why was it that Frederik was out of the country?

If Joachim acts as regent its most likely because Frederik and The Queen are on official business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricota (Post 1053758)

But let me ask you, why do you imagen, that she has so actively been looking for work, if her income was secured for life?

Maybe because she enjoys working and she doesn't want to be seen as someone who lives of the state. And wants to busy her self while her two children are at school and her husband is at work.

Unless you can provide some kind of proof that Alexandra's appanage with seize when the children turn 18 you have no right to say that another member is wrong in their opinion.

Alexandra will continue to recieve money until she dies.
Even Count Ingolf who does very little (i realise he's old) has always recieved an appange from parliament.

The only money that can be connected to the childrens age is Child Support.

Tricota 02-23-2010 02:49 AM

^^Forgive me for answering all at once, a bit pressed for time. Firstly, no, I am not talking about child support, I am not that daft. I am talking about the money she recieves from the state. Acording to the constitution only the regent are garantied money from the state, everyone else is up to the parliament. That is all I am saying. So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong. That is not a personal opnion of mine, but the cold fact of the law. The same can be said for the rest of the royal family, though they are not very likely to loose their income, Alexandre is. Due to the fact that she no longer meets most of the reasons given, for granting her the money anyways. Which is why I personally doubt it will last for the rest of her life, and I have seen others make that point. Can it last until she dies, of course. I dont think it will, but I could be wrong. The only thing however, that is have from the start pointed out to be untrue, was that the money was guaranteed for life. Which it is not. It is guaranteed only aslong as a majority in the Parliament wants it to be. Thats the eternal devil of the appanage...

UserDane 02-23-2010 05:07 AM

"So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong"

I don't follow you there.

At the time Alexandra was given a apanage by the state, it was clearly stated it was a life-time arrangement.

I don't understand why you would think that Alexandra is in more immediate danger of having her apanage removed than other still-royal members (apart from the queen you say). If we had a revolution tomorrow, sure, they would all lose their apanage, royal or noble, but fat chance of that in the immediate future.

I have not heard official sources voicing requests for a re-negotiation of Alexandra's apanage. So for now she is as secure with her apanage as other royal recipients of apanage.

Tricota 02-23-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1054011)
"So ANY claim that Alexandras income from the state is in any way guaranteed for life is simply wrong"

I don't follow you there.

At the time Alexandra was given a apanage by the state, it was clearly stated it was a life-time arrangement.

What different politicians have claimed or stated over the years, is of little interest to me. What matters in the law. And nowhere in the "LOV nr. 1128 af 24/11-2004" also known as Lov om årpenge for Princesse Alexandra" does it say that the money is given for life.

https://www.stm.dk/_p_5611.html

Nor does it state that in the law granting apanage for Joachim in 1995 (lov nr. 1119)

https://www.stm.dk/_p_5487.html

or Crownprince Frederik for that matter. (135 of 1986)

https://www.stm.dk/_p_5486.html

Only the King or Queen is guaranteed that by the constitution.

Quote:

I don't understand why you would think that Alexandra is in more immediate danger of having her apanage removed than other still-royal members (apart from the queen you say). If we had a revolution tomorrow, sure, they would all lose their apanage, royal or noble, but fat chance of that in the immediate future.
Because she is no longer part of the Royal Family and because she no longer meets most of the reasons given for the apanage in the first place.

Quote:

So for now she is as secure with her apanage as other royal recipients of apanag.
All I ever claimed, was that the money from the state, was by no means secured for life.

UserDane 02-23-2010 08:45 AM

And which event do you envisage as likely to occur and result in a discontinuation of payments from the state to eg. Crown prince Frederik, prince Joachim and countess Alexandra?

Tricota 02-25-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1054059)
And which event do you envisage as likely to occur and result in a discontinuation of payments from the state to eg. Crown prince Frederik, prince Joachim and countess Alexandra?

Again, you are imagening things. All I have ever said, is that it is not guaranteed for life. Whatever else has been said in the matter, is of mo real importance. But we can easily agree that it is unlikely to happen, as long as we also agree that there is no legal matter to prevent it.

Lady Meg 04-26-2010 12:06 AM

Don't know where to post this...

I don't know where to post this since there is no thread for her, but I was wondering about Princess Alexandra, his former wife. Why did she get to keep a "title"? Were they just trying to be nice? Because she did produce 2 males to carry on the title of Prince and possibly Count of Monpazet. I only ask because I was reading about it and they compared her to Diana - when Diana divorced and received no title and was demoted even though she is the mother of the future monarch, William. Was the British family just not thinking, were they too arrogant, just plain tired of the drama and wanted to dismiss it as soon as possible? As then for Alexandra - possibly they saw what happened with Diana and decided to treat her with more respect? I don't know the story of Alexandra so I don't know why they really got divorced - I'm purely interested in why she kept a title.

ashelen 04-26-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Meg (Post 1073696)
I don't know where to post this since there is no thread for her, but I was wondering about Princess Alexandra, his former wife. Why did she get to keep a "title"? Were they just trying to be nice? Because she did produce 2 males to carry on the title of Prince and possibly Count of Monpazet. I only ask because I was reading about it and they compared her to Diana - when Diana divorced and received no title and was demoted even though she is the mother of the future monarch, William. Was the British family just not thinking, were they too arrogant, just plain tired of the drama and wanted to dismiss it as soon as possible? As then for Alexandra - possibly they saw what happened with Diana and decided to treat her with more respect? I don't know the story of Alexandra so I don't know why they really got divorced - I'm purely interested in why she kept a title.

i am not sure youa re writting in the right forum , may be ask a moderator, but she did not kept the title of princes now she is a countess and we will never know the resaon of the divorce

JessRulz 04-26-2010 02:36 AM

Alexandra is no longer a Princess - she is now HE the Countess of Frederiksborg. She remained 'Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg' after her divorce in 2004/5 until she remarried in 2007, when she lost the 'Her Highness Princess' portion of her title.

Lady Meg 04-26-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1073724)
Alexandra is no longer a Princess - she is now HE the Countess of Frederiksborg. She remained 'Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg' after her divorce in 2004/5 until she remarried in 2007, when she lost the 'Her Highness Princess' portion of her title.

Obviously I wasn't asking the right question - I already know that she is now a Countess... thanks for restating the obvious. I was talking about after her divorce --- as to why she got to keep her title of Princess until 2007 when she remarried. I then was comparing it to Diana -- and how she was stripped of all her titles leaving her with 28 August 1996 – 31 August 1997: Diana, Princess of Wales -- no HRH, nothing. As to why Denmark let her "keep" the title and if it might have anything to do with what happened with Diana? ;)

Sister Morphine 04-26-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Meg (Post 1074048)
Obviously I wasn't asking the right question - I already know that she is now a Countess... thanks for restating the obvious. I was talking about after her divorce --- as to why she got to keep her title of Princess until 2007 when she remarried. I then was comparing it to Diana -- and how she was stripped of all her titles leaving her with 28 August 1996 – 31 August 1997: Diana, Princess of Wales -- no HRH, nothing. As to why Denmark let her "keep" the title and if it might have anything to do with what happened with Diana? ;)

I can't speak as to Margrethe's intentions upon giving Alexandra the style of Highness after her divorce from Joachim, however what was done with Diana following her divorce was what was traditionally done within the BRF in regards to divorcees. Look at Sarah Ferguson, for example. She had been HRH The Duchess of York, then she became Sarah, Duchess of York. Obviously something different should have been done for Diana, as she was the mother of the future King of England, but that's just not how they did things.

Denmark does something different apparently OR the Queen might have had a personal fondness for Alexandra and felt that she should have something, even though she was divorced from her son.

Katelle 04-27-2010 06:05 AM

Actually I think that one's personal fondness for others doesn't matter with titles. Alexandra lost her HRH title right after the divorce but remained a Princess as long as she was unmarried. Of course things had changed for her by the time she became Martin's wife.
I don't really remember where I have read it so I can't tell if it is accurate or just pure cheap gossip but apparently it was Diana herself who refused the HH title maybe to make people more angry towards the then unpopular british monarchy.

Jacknch 04-27-2010 06:59 AM

I doubt very much the Danish Royal Court would have looked at the situation with Diana in order to decide upon what title Alexandra should have been given when she and Joachim got divorced.
In the UK, if "Jane Green" marries "John Smith" her formal title would be "Mrs John Smith". If they divorced, she would become "Mrs Jane Green" or revert to her maiden name. The wife of the "The Duke of Londonshire" would be "The Duchess of Londonshire" until divorce would render her "Mary, Duchess of Londonshire" as in Mary...a duchess of the estate/place/land of Londonshire. It's the same with royal titles too, but with the added complication of HRH. There is no title in the UK called Her/His Highness so if you divorce out the royal family you couldn't simply knock off the "R" out of "HRH".

In Diana's situation (and please do correct me someone if I'm wrong as it's confusing), there was a technical difficulty in coupling the HRH prefix with the title she would be entitled to upon divorce (that being Diana, Princess of Wales - as in Diana...a princess of the country of Wales). In order for her to retain the HRH prefix, she could not simply have been known as HRH Diana, Princess of Wales, she would have had to have been a princess in her own right so that the title would be "HRH Princess Diana", which would have been, I would imagine, extremely complicated and uncustomery for the UK. I'm not sure whether she was keen to have the HRH prefix anyway.

Charlotte1 04-27-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katelle (Post 1074214)
Actually I think that one's personal fondness for others doesn't matter with titles. Alexandra lost her HRH title right after the divorce but remained a Princess as long as she was unmarried. Of course things had changed for her by the time she became Martin's wife.
I don't really remember where I have read it so I can't tell if it is accurate or just pure cheap gossip but apparently it was Diana herself who refused the HH title maybe to make people more angry towards the then unpopular british monarchy.

No Diana never refused the HH (Her Highness) style as it doesn't exist in the British monarchy. It was abolished early in the 20th century.

Alexandra got to keep her princess title until she remarried as she was created a princess in her own right when she married Joachim. Diana was never a princess in her own right, her princess of wales title depended on her being married to the prince of wales. When she was no longer married to him, she was no longer a princess (by marriage, not in her own right).

Alexandra could only keep her princess title and she was downgraded to HH whilst she was still unmarried. Once married she would loose it. Queen Margrethe created the Countess of Frederiksberg title especially for Alexandra, it's just her title, her husband doesn't get to be the count. Margrethe created the Countess of Frederiksberg title as a mark of respect that she had for Alexandra and the work she had done as a Danish princess. Margrethe didn't have to create any title for Alexandra, and so remarried she could have easily been just plain Mrs Jorgensen.

Diana had the Diana, Princess of Wales title given to her that was part of the divorce discussion as to what Diana's future title would be. Had she remarried she could have reverted to the title that was actually hers, Lady Diana (married name).

Next Star 05-03-2010 07:44 PM

First of all Countess Alexandra was never a princess in her own right but she was styled as such.She is fortunate to be able to still leave the royal family and have her own pesonal title something the late Diana,Princess of Wales did not have.Her income comes from the state as long as the parilment agrees for her to have annual wages.

Kasumi 05-04-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte1 (Post 1074241)
Alexandra got to keep her princess title until she remarried as she was created a princess in her own right when she married Joachim.

I'm sorry you are mistaken. No "princess in her own right" for Alexandra.
The quote from her official site:
"On 18 November 1995, HRH Prince Joachim married Miss Alexandra Christina Manley, who in connection with the marriage became HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark."

Lady Meg 05-07-2010 11:24 PM

CONFUSING! How do they keep track of all this?! Is it all written down in stone?? lol.

Ok, I think I understand now guys and gals -- thanks!! :)

iceflower 05-20-2010 11:52 AM

Countess Alexandra has given an interview to the Danish health
magazine "Fit Living", she admits that she has not always taken
enough care for herself and her health, but that she has changed
her lifestyle into a more healther one. One of the reasons has been
her disc prolapse. She says that in earlier years she had prefered
to spend time with her little children than to do sports daily, but
now she and Martin pay attention to healhy food and lifestyle
and try to teach that to her sons. Pilates is what helped her
most.

"I am very grateful that I got the message in an age where I still
had time to do something about it and change the things in my
life that were not healthy and good for me, " said the Countess
to Fit Living.

Article from Billed-Bladet:

** Diskusprolaps ændrede grevinde Alexandras liv **

Mrs Littrell 06-04-2010 05:04 AM

Alexandra visited Danish Pavilion on Expo 2010, not sure if this was posted before :flowers:
The Danish Pavilion Expo 2010

iceflower 06-10-2010 05:03 AM

Countess Alexandra out for lunch with a friend and during a
boxing training with son Nikolai on May 20, 2010 in Copenhagen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

lyndaW 06-10-2010 11:00 AM

The Countess looks good and very relaxed, just wish she wouldn't drag such a huge purse around............

iceflower 06-14-2010 04:26 PM

Like last year Countess Alexandra, Martin Jørgensen, Prince Felix
and Prince Nikolai attended the charity event "Kids for Kids" (that
supports children and babies in Africa) in Vedbæk on Sunday, June
13, 2010. The boys enjoyed climbing and the mechanical bull :smile:

** BB article with pics: Se prins Nikolai blive kastet af tyren **

** msndk gallery : Felix og Nikolai indtog klatrevæggen **

** Hola article: Félix y Nicolás de Dinamarca, dos intrépidos aventureros en una jornada de actividades infantiles en Copenhague **

dazzling 06-15-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1093532)
Like last year Countess Alexandra, Martin Jørgensen, Prince Felix
and Prince Nikolai attended the charity event "Kids for Kids" (that
supports children and babies in Africa) in Vedbæk on Sunday, June
13, 2010. The boys enjoyed climbing and the mechanical bull :smile:.

another BB picture gallery

Muhler 06-23-2010 06:06 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2010.
Nikolai havde veninden med - Nikolai brought the girlfriend. (*)
Written by Ken Richter, our reporter in the west.

Alexandra is patron for the Northsea Oceanarium in Hirtshals. Hirtshals is a fishing port located at the north-west coast of Jutland and in many ways as far away from Hellerup as you can possible go in DK. It's a completely different world, a much different hard nature, the local dialect can be almost incomprehensible for someone living north of Copenhagen. The humour is certainly very different and people don't talk up there, they shout.
Anyway, Alexandra brought all her boys with her, including an almost clean shaven Martin Jørgensen.
But Nikolai had also invited his good friend from school, Benedikte and her friend Natacha. Benedikte we have seen before near Nikolai. She also has a sense for discretion, when approached by Ken Richter she kindly replied: "We are good friends".
The museum. It has undergone a 54 million DKK modernisation with interactive screens and what not, which interested Nikolai as well as Felix a lot. Especially standing on the bridge of a fishing vessel and catch virtual fish. Felix caught a 23 kilo fish. Yeah!
Alexandra explained: "I asked the boys whether they would help me open the exhibition and Felix would like to. That's why he was allowed to help me cut the ribbon".

(*) As in female friend, not sweetheart.

iceflower 06-30-2010 03:03 AM

Today, June 30, Countess Alexandra celebtrates her 46th birthday,
Billed-Bladet has put together some pics in a birthday article:

** Grevinde Alexandra fejrer sin 46-års fødselsdag **

The article once more repeats that she lives a very healthy life with
the right diet and plenty of exercise, that life with a 14-years younger
husband keeps her young as well as how her shorter haircut has
changed her.

And new pictures have been released on the occasion of her birthday!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe **

dazzling 06-30-2010 03:27 AM

Quite pretty pictures, the black background is quite interesting.
Does she release pictures every year? I cant remeber if she does or doesnt.

Lumutqueen 06-30-2010 03:46 AM

I would understand if it was a special birthday, but to release pictures for her 46th?
They look very nice, I like the black and white pictures the best.

antonieta 06-30-2010 04:55 AM

Every birthday it´s a special birthday.
No need a specific one to release pictures.
Well done Contess Alexandra. Always beatiful.

Heike 07-01-2010 03:53 PM

Well, I must say that she does look older compared to the pictures taken 4-5 years ago.
But she still looks youger than her actual age.

auntie 07-01-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heike (Post 1105423)
well, i must say that she does look older compared to the pictures taken 4-5 years ago.
But she still looks youger than her actual age.

i would go as far as to say she looks like a woman in her 40's, a Damn good looking one at that. I am hitting the 40 mark and have 4 children, and am not scared, 40 is the new 25.

sirhon11234 07-03-2010 10:53 AM

I think Alexandra looks great and I like her style even more after the divorce.

Muhler 07-27-2010 06:55 AM

Billed Bladet has a gallery of Countess Alexandra, Martin Jørgensen, Nikolai and Felix on holiday in Turkey.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/Artic...e%20kendte.aspx

If my eyes don't decieve me, Martin is clean shaven!!! :eek:

Imagine, I should live to see this...

iceflower 07-27-2010 07:34 AM

They are in their holidays in Turkey again, but the pictures are not
new, they were taken in Turkey last autumn, if you look at the
subtitle of the first pic you'll see that they've written that as well.
But thanks for posting nevertheless! :flowers:

Muhler 07-27-2010 07:52 AM

You are absolutely right, Iceflower :sad:

It was the shock of seeing Martin shaved that led to this mistake
- and that Billed Bladet annoyingly rotates the same pics with different dates. :bang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1117312)

Turkish Delight 08-24-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1117312)

Do you know when did they come to Turkey & when will they go back to Denmark?

iceflower 08-24-2010 04:31 PM

Oh, they are back already! School has started again last week (August 16).
As the boys have been in France at the beginning of July together with
their father and Princess Marie, I would say their holidays in Turkey have
started in the second half of July and ended in the beginning of August.

iceflower 11-03-2010 06:15 AM

Countess Alexandra attended management lectures at the Bella Center in
Copenhagen, November 2nd, 2010.

** ppe gallery **

Katrianna 11-04-2010 01:07 AM

A big thanks iceflower, the Countess looks amazing. What am I saying? Alexandra is an amazing woman. A question. Is Countess Alexandra still popular with the Danish people? I realize that since she is no longer part of the Royal Family, she isn't as visible. Just curious.:flowers:

Shikha Pal 11-30-2010 09:32 AM

Will Countess Alexandra"s future children have the title Count/Countess?