The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 15: September 2009 - February 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/princess-letizia-current-events-part-15-september-2009-february-2011-a-24923.html)

donnaK 01-22-2010 07:45 PM

She looks radiant, too bad the skirt is too short. I heard Letizia really enjoyed visiting schools, universities. Good to see she will visit her high school next week.

From lula

Princess of Asturias

Commemoration of 70 º anniversary of the Institute Ramiro de Maeztu
Madrid

Lavender 01-23-2010 12:43 AM

I have always thought Letizia dresses so nice and is so beautiful. So glad she married Felipe. I am very surprised she would be chewing gum while greeting a series of people. I wonder if she is having a bad day?
:sad:

donnaK 01-23-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavender (Post 1043467)
I have always thought Letizia dresses so nice and is so beautiful. So glad she married Felipe. I am very surprised she would be chewing gum while greeting a series of people. I wonder if she is having a bad day?
:sad:

One royal insider (Mariàngel Alcázar) said in her article that the Princess found some rumors (one of them was saying her chewing gum, the other was shopping in Paris for a purse) very annoying, she neither chewed gum or went Paris shopping. Perhaps she had a sore throat or a dental job that day.

LadyFinn 01-23-2010 03:05 AM

Hola! Doña Letizia, en acción... solidaria

PurePeople Letizia d'Espagne : Elle retourne à la fac pour une leçon d'élégance... en mini jupe !

dazzling 01-23-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnaK (Post 1043471)
One royal insider (Mariàngel Alcázar) said in her article that the Princess found some rumors (one of them was saying her chewing gum, the other was shopping in Paris for a purse) very annoying, she neither chewed gum or went Paris shopping. Perhaps she had a sore throat or a dental job that day.

Whats Mariàngel Alcázar role as an insider? Does she work in tha palace?

Duke of Marmalade 01-23-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1043518)
Whats Mariàngel Alcázar role as an insider? Does she work in tha palace?

She is one of the two protagonist royal watchers in Spain, the other one being Jaime Penafiel. Alcazar works for La Vanguardia, Penafiel for El Mundo, both Spanish newspapers.
Penafiel is the one who writes all the bad things that must be vicious rumours and Alcazar writes all the nice things that must be true :tongue: They are both yellow press columnists in the sense that they don't have access to Zarzuela, people are free to believe what they want in terms of the information given. While there might be some truth in what both of them write (eg Penafiel was the first person to write about the relationship of F&L what lead to their rushed engagement) it also has to be taken with a grain of salt (Penafiel critizising Letizia for her ordinary background, divorce etc and Alcazar all too often distributing Zarzuela's image propaganda in order to be seen as "insider", what she is clearly not).

lula 01-23-2010 07:40 AM

Duke, I believe that you have an erroneous idea. You cannot compare Peñafiel with Mari Ángeles Alcazar.

Jaime Peñafiel does not go to any act of the Royal Family for enough years. He writes on rumors and gossips because he does not go to the acts and does not speak with the members of the Royal Family, he speaks because he wants to appear in the television and to earn money, but the veracity of his information is questionable enough. What Peñafiel was doing 20 years ago is not what he does now. He writes every Sunday a section of gossip in a newspaper, but he is not the journalist who follows the information about the Royal Family for this newspaper.

Mari Angeles Alcazar works for a newspaper La Vanguardia, and in the last years she takes part occasionally in a program of television. Her principal work is to follow the activities of the Royal Family for her newspaper, she goes to the acts and follows the official trips.

As her, there are other journalists in Spain. The principal newspapers, the services of news of the principal televisions, the public agency of news, they have a journalist who follows the information of the Royal Family, go to the acts, accompany them in the official trips. This group of journalists is the one that really is near the Royal Family, which follow their activities, travel with them and those who have the opportunity to speak with them and with the persons who work with them. These are the journalists who have access when there is a number restricted of mass media that can accede to an act and they are invited to the receptions.

Nad25 01-23-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnaK (Post 1043426)
She looks radiant, too bad the skirt is too short.


Not only the skirt is too short but it does not suits her and considering her age,she should go for more longer skirts!

lula 01-23-2010 08:27 AM

Doña Letizia supports UAM's volunteers which takes part in reconstruction of Haiti

Nearly two dozen contributors to this office, among teachers and students, will travel to Port-au-Prince to work in coordination with the UN, in tasks that help accelerate the country's reconstruction after the devastation caused by an earthquake that has that has re-intensified the university mobilization in activities of international solidarity.

Doña Letizia apoya voluntariado de UAM, que participa en reconstrucción Haití - ABC.es - Noticias Agencias

Duke of Marmalade 01-23-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 1043562)
Duke, I believe that you have an erroneous idea. You cannot compare Peñafiel with Mari Ángeles Alcazar.

Jaime Peñafiel does not go to any act of the Royal Family for enough years. He writes on rumors and gossips because he does not go to the acts and does not speak with the members of the Royal Family, he speaks because he wants to appear in the television and to earn money, but the veracity of his information is questionable enough. What Peñafiel was doing 20 years ago is not what he does now. He writes every Sunday a section of gossip in a newspaper, but he is not the journalist who follows the information about the Royal Family for this newspaper.

Mari Angeles Alcazar works for a newspaper La Vanguardia, and in the last years she takes part occasionally in a program of television. Her principal work is to follow the activities of the Royal Family for her newspaper, she goes to the acts and follows the official trips.

As her, there are other journalists in Spain. The principal newspapers, the services of news of the principal televisions, the public agency of news, they have a journalist who follows the information of the Royal Family, go to the acts, accompany them in the official trips. This group of journalists is the one that really is near the Royal Family, which follow their activities, travel with them and those who have the opportunity to speak with them and with the persons who work with them. These are the journalists who have access when there is a number restricted of mass media that can accede to an act and they are invited to the receptions.

Fact is that Senora Alcazar is a royal watcher = a journalist who writes about the royal house, not a Zarzuela insider.

I can only speculate but as soon as she started writing something negative she would have been invited to attend any events, receptions or travel with the royal family for the last time. Like any Royal House the SRF - who are well known for only admitting what they absolutely cannot deny, eg Letizia's nose OP - use the Royal Watchers to publish their side of the story, who, in return, are seen as "insiders" as long as they walk the line and distribute positive PR, not fall from grace like Penafiel.

Mari Angeles Alcazars comments are as as biaised as Penafiel's, with the only difference that they operate on opposite ends of the spectrum. She wants to keep her job as Royal Watcher, he makes money from the past, when he was closer to the SRF, and from his status as the person who revealed the F&L relationship. Penafiel's column is published in El Mundo, the largest daily newspaper in Spain along with El Pais, hardly irrelevant yellow press.

By the way, both journalists make a good living from writing about the SRF, have been invited on TV Programmes to discuss etc, and it's a lot about prestige, vanity, and money, in the end.

Paty 01-23-2010 09:58 AM

Duke, I have to agree with lula. You can't compare those two.

Jaime, not only write about the SRF, he also write (in his weekly column) about other Spnanish famous persons. Yes, his column is published in the largest daily newspaper in Spain, but hi is not a Royal Reporter, and his colums is more or less "goosip".

Mariangel Alcazar is the Royal correspondent for newspaper "La Vagunardia" (as you already know) and her work is to follow SRF in their official activities and trips within Spain and abroad. El Mundo newspaper also has a Royal correspondent and Jaime Peñafiel is not its Royal correspondent. Jaime (nowdays) never follow the royals in any of their activities, because of that he cant talk about what he saw but what he has heard.

lula 01-23-2010 10:02 AM

Duke, I believe that you don´t read not even listen to the Alcazar, she reports and when she wants to criticize something that does not like her, she does it (. But she does based critiques and with education. She is employed at a newspaper or at the television, but she is doing a journalistic work of worthy form. She will never lead the sultry spectacle that Peñafiel led in his last television appearance ... already he does not speak about the Princess now he goes to the television to fight vociferously with a personage of tv that he despises for the money.

Duke of Marmalade 01-23-2010 12:00 PM

:flowers: I respect your opinions so please allow me to bring it back to the point I wanted to bring across: only because somebody is a royal watcher, it doesn't mean the information published must be genuine.

Royal watchers usually have access to royals and earn their money by distributing mainly favourable news or royal image propaganda - otherwise their access would get restricted in the long run. Therefore the information these journalists give has to be taken with a grain of salt, there is always a good chance that something is published in favour to stay in the close circle or the royal house (mis)uses the royal watchers to make people believe in their side of the story. On the other hand, these people see and hear a lot that would make a good gossip story - and some of this info will finally make it to the yellow pages (see Penafiel, F&L relationship or the topic Eva Sannum).

Living in Britain I can only give the example of royal watcher and biograph of Prince Charles, Penny Junor, who wasn't tired to tell people until the bitter end that the Wales's marriage was strong and good. Only later she admitted that most journalists / royal watchers had already known for a long time that something was seriously wrong but did not dare to write or give a hint about a marriage crisis, only when it became undeniable from pictures that there was a breakdown the story broke.

lula 01-23-2010 12:25 PM

Duke, also is true that to many people that likes to make gossips and invent histories, sometimes authentic barbarities that can damage very much. And there are persons who for earning money extend them, without worrying if they are true. We must not also believe everything what these persons say, more when the time demonstrates that the things that they say are not true.

Jaime Peñafiel is a persons' example that for remaining in the television and earning money has said barbarities, that the time has demonstrated that they were not true. I believe that nobody will forget when he said that the Prince and the Princess had chosen the sex of their baby (illegal in Spain) and that was going to be a male. Or when he was in the television criticizing the Princess for visiting to her grandparents and they had to close his mouth because they had just announced the death of the grandfather (who was sick with cancer for months).

donnaK 01-24-2010 04:03 PM

Alcazar is a royal correspondent, she participates at the acts, travels with the royals at the same official planes, she does have the access to the palace, knows where to verify the rumors. Penafiel, on the other hand, had been cut from the direct access long time ago and it had nothing to do with Letizia, probably had something to do with his 'problems' with Sofia.
Duke, Penafiel only broke the news of Felipe dating a journalist, he knew nothing else. Actually some journalists already knew by the end of the summer Felipe was dating Letizia (maybe incuded Alcazar), the old TVE correspondent said in her book that Felipe had always been quite open about his relationships to them. They didn't say to the public didn't mean they didn't know, since they don't mainly live on gossips like Penafiel.

fanprincipesasturi 01-25-2010 08:40 AM

MonarquÃ*a Confidencial
...it has reserved the visit on Thursday ,the school Ramiro de Maeztu to remember old times. And this time with a bathroom for students....

LadyFinn 01-25-2010 02:58 PM

La Razón - Doña Letizia reina en las portadas

lula 01-28-2010 09:00 AM

Commemoration of 70 º anniversary of the Institute Ramiro de Maeztu
Madrid

Photos prisma

https://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article7420

PPE

PPE Agency

Terra

https://noticias.terra.es/2010/gentey...eztu$599x0.jpg
https://noticias.terra.es/2010/gentey...u-00$599x0.jpg
https://noticias.terra.es/2010/gentey...u-01$599x0.jpg
https://noticias.terra.es/2010/gentey...u-02$599x0.jpg

Video

www.telemadrid.es - El Instituto Ramiro de Maeztu de Madrid celebra sus 70 años de vida con la visita de Doña Letizia, ex alumna del centro

queenofthelight 01-28-2010 10:15 AM

Princess Letizia is looking neat and very pretty.:flowers:
The colour of her coat is calm and modern. I wonder who the designer is?
It reminds me the last collection of Max Mara, and these small earring look very lovely.

Duke of Marmalade 01-28-2010 10:35 AM

Letizia visiting her old High School that she attended when moving to Madrid in the late 80ies. It is the school where she met her first husband and language / literature teacher at the time, Alsono Guerrero.

https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/18060946.jpg
https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/18060903.jpg
https://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/18060924.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises