The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f188/)
-   -   Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f188/princess-lalla-salmas-role-in-morocco-and-the-royal-family-23776.html)

amina1 01-08-2004 08:23 PM

Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family
 
Don't you think that Lalla Salma gained a little weight? I think it's because that she is a mother now.
Also, I read that Lalla Salma does not work anymore where she used to as a computer scientist.

mya 01-08-2004 08:28 PM

of course she doesnt work anymore...she is now morocco's version of the queen...can you imagine her working????

amina1 01-08-2004 08:52 PM

Yes, at least she will take a position as her sisters in law do, she can't just stay in the house and sometimes appear in public, she will get borred because she is an outgoing person, she used to study and work!

mya 01-08-2004 09:01 PM

trust me she has a lot of charities that she is involved in...there is no time to sit and be bored

rosa 03-30-2004 02:11 AM

Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 1:
 
what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?

laila_sahrazade 03-30-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rosa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 2:11 am
what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?

shopping and having a lavish live

love laila

mariam 03-30-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

shopping and having a lavish live

love laila
you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping

Monalisa 03-30-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:

mya 03-30-2004 04:02 PM

we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...

yazz 03-31-2004 05:43 AM

Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.

Jacqueline 03-31-2004 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mya@Mar 30th, 2004 - 9:02 pm
we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...
I agree. There has really never been a public role for the wife of the King of Morocco. Therefore, Lalla Salma has to create her own role and that takes time.

rosa 03-31-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Monalisa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 3:44 pm
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:

Don’t you think that she should have gone, to comfort wounded of the earthquake of El Houceima? Or is it necessary also, to let him the time, to learn to be compassionate?
Mohamed VI tried to show to the international community that the situation of the Moroccan woman has evolve, I think therefore he would like to see his wife, more active because that would reinforce the picture of a modern morocco; therefore I don't think that it is the protocol that would stop Salma from acting; All depends solely on her

Balqis 03-31-2004 10:05 PM

She's young and she has a small child to look after and care for. The sisters of the King have grown-up children from what I gather. Salma has her priorities straight. Better to be at home and see her son grow than galavanting around Morocco or the world trying to solve problems that seem always never to be resolved. Should she be going just to be seen, to prove a point? Who knows how she really spends her private time. There are people in this world who actually don't need the spotlight to do good deeds. She's lucky that as the wife of an important man she still has some privacy AND private time.

rosa 04-03-2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by yazz@Mar 31st, 2004 - 5:43 am
Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.
According to you, Salma is inactive because her sisters-in-law are jealous of her (salma made academic studies and not them, they made the arranged marriages and she a marriage of love (???))
these are only assumption, and me I have another one, perhaps, really salma is not made to be first lady of morocco, so as you say it, if she was perfected at the time of her displacement in France, she would have been more active since, it is maybe because she was not at the loftiness that she is invisible since
as for saying that salma is so honest that she refuses the diplomatic language, seriously if she was honest she would not accept to live in the luxury when the Moroccan people lives in misery

amina1 04-03-2004 04:01 PM

Where did you find out that Lalla Salma has problems with her sisters in-law? It does not mean that they have problems if they are not seen together in public, no one really knows what's going on in that royal family, and for Lalla Salma'appearance in public, I think that her husband and her know that she's new to the public world and needs time.
And queen rania when she was a princess I don't think that she was appearing that much as now in public.

isis 06-24-2004 06:37 AM

P.Lalla Salma seems very discret person, she doesn't appear a lot like others queens of meadle-eastern and europe and for me this is a good thing :heart:

gusto 06-24-2004 11:09 AM

Salma appers in public not less or more then most of arab women

rosa 06-26-2004 09:31 AM

Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life

Mysterious 06-27-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rosa@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:31 am
Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?

rosa 06-28-2004 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:18 pm
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?
Morocco is a country where unfortunately problems don't lack, brilliant woman as she, would find easily a domain where she could bring something; for the meantime she seems enough unobtrusive to me compared to her sister-in-law , maybe she need of more than time to find her place

Mysterious 06-28-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
Morocco is a country where unfortunately problems don't lack, brilliant woman as she, would find easily a domain where she could bring something; for the meantime she seems enough unobtrusive to me compared to her sister-in-law , maybe she need of more than time to find her place

I don’t know country without the problems. Do you?
What do you want lalla Salma to bring for her country?

rosa 06-29-2004 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 28th, 2004 - 4:59 pm
I don’t know country without the problems. Do you?
What do you want lalla Salma to bring for her country?

you want that I tell you what she should make, the answer is very simple, to imply herself in an action to car for it , each among us, has a domain in which, if he was able to, he would like to invest, and lalla salma must certainly have one also
Did I answer your question?

Mysterious 06-29-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
you want that I tell you what she should make, the answer is very simple, to imply herself in an action to car for it , each among us, has a domain in which, if he was able to, he would like to invest, and lalla salma must certainly have one also
Did I answer your question?

I have a problem to understand how lalla Salma should imply herself in an action.
Lalla Salma is young, intelligent, modern lady with straight priorities. To give birth to a child and taking care of him is important as running a business or a country.

rosa 06-30-2004 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 29th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
I have a problem to understand how lalla Salma should imply herself in an action.
Lalla Salma is young, intelligent, modern lady with straight priorities. To give birth to a child and taking care of him is important as running a business or a country.

it is a way to see the things, but for me, woman can be, very good mother , while having some activities in parallels, but it is obvious, that every woman has her own conception of the role that she has to play in the society; so for lalla salma, it consists only, in giving birth and to take care of her child, it is also a very noble work, around me I especially see active women that take care at the same time very well of their homes, therefore I think that women can make the two things at a time

Mysterious 06-30-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
it is a way to see the things, but for me, woman can be, very good mother , while having some activities in parallels, but it is obvious, that every woman has her own conception of the role that she has to play in the society; so for lalla salma, it consists only, in giving birth and to take care of her child, it is also a very noble work, around me I especially see active women that take care at the same time very well of their homes, therefore I think that women can make the two things at a time

Producing heir is a great responsibility. Princess Masako end up in bad condition for not being able give birth to the heir. Taking care of our children is also very important they are our future.
Lalla Salma is a great mommy and at the same time she is fulfilling her duty of Princess consort-wife of king Mohammed VI.
I have problem to understand what do you what her to do more.

rosa 07-03-2004 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:48 pm
Producing heir is a great responsibility. Princess Masako end up in bad condition for not being able give birth to the heir. Taking care of our children is also very important they are our future.
Lalla Salma is a great mommy and at the same time she is fulfilling her duty of Princess consort-wife of king Mohammed VI.
I have problem to understand what do you what her to do more.

I think that I cannot be more clearly, I have say that a woman could have some activities in the same way at her family's life, the fact to have an activity doesn't stop a woman from having children and take care for them
you always ask me the same question, why must have she an activity, I answer you that she didn't oblige to have one, but lot of woman in her place would have one
PS: I would like to ask you a question, why at the time of the earthquake of el hoceima, is lalla meryem that visited to the wounded and not lalla salma?

Humble 07-03-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
I think that I cannot be more clearly, I have say that a woman could have some activities in the same way at her family's life, the fact to have an activity doesn't stop a woman from having children and take care for them
you always ask me the same question, why must have she an activity, I answer you that she didn't oblige to have one, but lot of woman in her place would have one
PS: I would like to ask you a question, why at the time of the earthquake of el hoceima, is lalla meryem that visited to the wounded and not lalla salma?

Maybe there is a power conflict between Meriem and Salma...Maybe Meryem does not want to give up her position and does not accept that Salma be on the spotlight all the time...

gusto 07-04-2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:00 pm
Maybe Meryem does not want to give up her position
:unsure: why should meryem to give up her position. maroc is big enought for 4 princesses :flower:

Mysterious 07-08-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
I think that I cannot be more clearly, I have say that a woman could have some activities in the same way at her family's life, the fact to have an activity doesn't stop a woman from having children and take care for them
you always ask me the same question, why must have she an activity, I answer you that she didn't oblige to have one, but lot of woman in her place would have one
PS: I would like to ask you a question, why at the time of the earthquake of el hoceima, is lalla meryem that visited to the wounded and not lalla salma?

Do you want lalla Salma to jet around the world?
Lalla Meryem is a president of Mohammed V foundation. Mohammed V foundation was responsible for giving first help in the crisis situation. Lalla Meryem visited sites out of her responsibilities.
It wouldn’t be wise from lalla Salma to take over Lalla Meryem position. Take a look what happened to queen Rania when she took all of queen Noor positions. Both ladies queen Noor and lalla Meryem worked hard for years. It’s wrong for them to step down just because of new young addition to the families. :flower:

rosa 07-10-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jul 8th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
Do you want lalla Salma to jet around the world?
Lalla Meryem is a president of Mohammed V foundation. Mohammed V foundation was responsible for giving first help in the crisis situation. Lalla Meryem visited sites out of her responsibilities.
It wouldn’t be wise from lalla Salma to take over Lalla Meryem position. Take a look what happened to queen Rania when she took all of queen Noor positions. Both ladies queen Noor and lalla Meryem worked hard for years. It’s wrong for them to step down just because of new young addition to the families. :flower:
They have be able to go there together, but that, the first lady doesn't go at all to the bedside of the wounded of tragedy is unaccustomed

After two years of marriage, can one say that salma is well integrated in her new family?
What are her relations with the different members of the royal family?

samia 07-12-2004 04:02 AM

I agree with isis, all, finishes by being known
For me, she seems me relax and happy in public, therefore I think that she is well integrated in her new family

Mysterious 07-12-2004 11:10 AM

I’m sure no answer will be ever done to your satisfaction. Not at least with royal family.
You simply decided what lalla Salma should do. If she doesn’t do it the way you want her, you are calling her unaccustomed, sophisticated, enough discreet…..
Let’s look on the root of your problem. Tell me, why lalla Salma should be the one to go to Al Hoceima out of what responsibilities? Should all family forget about the rest of Morocco because of regional crises?

rosa 07-17-2004 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jul 12th, 2004 - 10:10 am
I’m sure no answer will be ever done to your satisfaction. Not at least with royal family.
You simply decided what lalla Salma should do. If she doesn’t do it the way you want her, you are calling her unaccustomed, sophisticated, enough discreet…..
Let’s look on the root of your problem. Tell me, why lalla Salma should be the one to go to Al Hoceima out of what responsibilities? Should all family forget about the rest of Morocco because of regional crises?

I have been dumbfounded while reading your message, you call regional crisis, an earthquake that plunge into mourning whole population, people lost their next of kin, their houses, and some times everything that they possessed on earth, the tragedy was so big that from all over the world the humanitarian help rushed, it was not therefore a regional crisis but a national tragedy and the presence of the first lady of the country was more that desirable

Mysterious 07-17-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
I have been dumbfounded while reading your message, you call regional crisis, an earthquake that plunge into mourning whole population, people lost their next of kin, their houses, and some times everything that they possessed on earth, the tragedy was so big that from all over the world the humanitarian help rushed, it was not therefore a regional crisis but a national tragedy and the presence of the first lady of the country was more that desirable

While the earthquakes are always great tragedy and always touches all of us not just Moroccans but whole world, the leader has to stay in course and at the same time don’t forget about the rest of the country even in times of mournings.
Morocco didn’t get help from whole world, but some countries helped, some promised to help like Saudi Arabia but it stayed only with the promise.
An earthquake didn’t happed in all parts of Morocco but in North of Morocco that’s why it’s regional while the effect was not just national but international.
I don’t understand why is the presence of the first lady of the country more that desirable? Base on what? Your personal preferences?

rosa 07-21-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterious
While the earthquakes are always great tragedy and always touches all of us not just Moroccans but whole world, the leader has to stay in course and at the same time don’t forget about the rest of the country even in times of mournings.
Morocco didn’t get help from whole world, but some countries helped, some promised to help like Saudi Arabia but it stayed only with the promise.
An earthquake didn’t happed in all parts of Morocco but in North of Morocco that’s why it’s regional while the effect was not just national but international.
I don’t understand why is the presence of the first lady of the country more that desirable? Base on what? Your personal preferences?

if salma did not appear in public, the question would not ask itself, but we saw her attending receptions and to go to Paris in visit, it seems to me that when a drama touches her country, it would be normal that she is at the coasts of those which suffer
all the queens do that, why not salma

yazz 07-22-2004 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rosa@Jul 21st, 2004 - 1:34 pm
if salma did not appear in public, the question would not ask itself, but we saw her attending receptions and to go to Paris in visit, it seems to me that when a drama touches her country, it would be normal that she is at the coasts of those which suffer
all the queens do that, why not salma

In Paris, Salma was invited by Mrs Chirac and you know M6 is unable to say NO to Mr Chirac and explain him why he (and her sisters) don't want Salma to have social activities.
But in Morocco, he (Meryem in fact) is the cheef. She doesn't want to share anything with her, as Rania selfish attitude with Noor.

rosa 07-22-2004 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by yazz@Jul 22nd, 2004 - 4:33 am
In Paris, Salma was invited by Mrs Chirac and you know M6 is unable to say NO to Mr Chirac and explain him why he (and her sisters) don't want Salma to have social activities.
But in Morocco, he (Meryem in fact) is the cheef. She doesn't want to share anything with her, as Rania selfish attitude with Noor.

but, why M6 doesn't want his wife have social activities, I can understand the attitude of Meryem if she doesn't want to share anything (because she is in the first position during several years and it is difficult for her to take her place), but the first lady now is salma and the king can explain this for his sister

gusto 07-22-2004 12:30 PM

ladies just for your information lalla Mereym is not working as first lady

Asma2 07-27-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
but, why M6 doesn't want his wife have social activities, I can understand the attitude of Meryem if she doesn't want to share anything (because she is in the first position during several years and it is difficult for her to take her place), but the first lady now is salma and the king can explain this for his sister

Rosa, if anyone need some explanations, it is you. You simply do not understand the concept of royal and politic’ work.

I will bother myself (I really do not know why, because I already know it won’t help) to explain you the Princess Lalla Meryem situation.

For example: Princess Lalla Meryem is a goodwill ambassador for United Nation body Unesco. This position of hers has nothing to do with the fact that Morocco has a new first lady, or Princess Lalla Meryem being selfish (this is the most brainless suggestion I have heard), or with KM6 or with Princess Lalla Salma.

You need to learn and understand the concept of Princess Lalla Meryem work before you jump on your quick horse.

abir 08-18-2004 03:58 AM

She does not started yet social activities, so we don't expect to see pictures of her !! In Paris-Match interview with the King Mohamed VI, he (and she) said that she looks for an activity where she can perfrom weell !!! until then no pictures !!! (sad)

Humble 08-20-2004 11:43 PM

Honestly, I do not know about that...My guess is Meriem is a born princess..she has been under spot since young age...Salma is new to the royal life....Besides, from what I observe Moroccan Royal family is more discret and do not expose themselves widely to the media as the JRF does....So, it is hard even to make deductions...maybe salma is cautious in her steps...do not know..

Maybe someone from Morocco can enlighten us...

abir 08-21-2004 03:17 AM

Of course, Lalla Meryem she born princess and she is active since she was young but the first lady should be first lady. I can't undersand that there are no activities where she can perform well. She does not have to take over Lalla Meryem activities, since there are many OTHER things that can be done.
Lalla Salma is well educated with high academic degree, and it is petty to see her only attending festivals ....

For me it is not necessary to see her pictures often, the important is that she does a good job for moroccan people, and for people who need help. Don't tell me in a under-developped country it is difficult to find an activity where she can perform well. There are many areas where many things have to be done, and at the end she has just to give orders, the job will be done by others ...

karima 08-26-2004 02:32 PM

like everyone she has good and bad days.
i like her and finds it exeptional that she's able to be seen. don't forget that previously, the wife of a King is never to be seen. She gives pride to all morrocan woman and is a great ambassador to our beauty. Her beauty is not typical I think but is still young and has time to work on her style and behaviour. remember that she is from a modest background, not born to be wife a ruler.

rosa 08-26-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karima
like everyone she has good and bad days.
i like her and finds it exeptional that she's able to be seen. don't forget that previously, the wife of a King is never to be seen. She gives pride to all morrocan woman and is a great ambassador to our beauty. Her beauty is not typical I think but is still young and has time to work on her style and behaviour. remember that she is from a modest background, not born to be wife a ruler.

I saw much pics of salma, and on all she made errors of taste (clothing or make-up), I think that she has not good taste, she should have an adviser for her look
when with the beauty, I find that lalla meryem and lalla hasna are better ambassadresses of the Moroccan beauty, because for me lalla salma is not beautiful

karima 08-27-2004 01:58 PM

I am not saying she has great tastes. I am emphasizing on the fact that she's young and still has time to learn.

Good god, yes, I hadn't seen the picture with the blue suit. it is odd. I actually find the top of the suit very pretty but the pants are not great...may be is she trying to be original.

she is supposed to have an advisor or a personal buyer....

samia 08-30-2004 07:44 AM

1- she doesn't make anything for her country
2- she isn't pretty
2- she has a horrible taste
for me lalla salma is the less interessant princess

Isabel 08-30-2004 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosa
personally I do not say that salma must look like a top-model, but she is the fist lady and she must avoid resembling a parrot, to attend an homage give to old combatants dress in blue sky with violets shoes shows (in my opinion)the desire to be the center of attention and I find that ridiculous

Maybe she doesn't want to be the center of attention. She could simply just have bad taste.

abir 08-30-2004 10:12 AM

Logically, since she does not appear to public often, she has then to be carefuly when she does.

But maybe because of this reason, she is extravagante in colors, make-up, jewerly (specially the big earrings !) when she appears.

rosa 08-30-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabel
Maybe she doesn't want to be the center of attention. She could simply just have bad taste.

lalla salma is an intelligent woman who made brilliant studies, she knows that a homage made to old combatants and people died in the war is a very serious thing and that to get dressed as thatis a less of respect

liliana 08-31-2004 08:28 AM

For me, lalla salma is cute but she lack of grace, I also think that her way to dress reflects her personality, I see her, like a vivid woman with strong personality, she doesn't have good taste that is sure, but she doesn't seem to worry about the critics that it is bring her (I am certain that her sisters-in-law make him remarks on her way to dress), me, I find her interesting and I am curious to see if she will manage to impose herself within her in-law, and if in the future she can affirm her statute of first lady (for the meantime it is not the case)

abir 08-31-2004 10:43 AM

Well, I think people in Morocco will be happy if the first lady has a strong personality.
If she is, she could be active since she married, but she does not.

For me, her way to dress, reflects that she cares only about herself, not about people around her.
Hope this will change in future.

Isabel 08-31-2004 10:57 AM

I know that for years the wife of the King of Morocco was hardly ever seen if even seen at all. I know that some have said that this may be the reason why Lalla Salma doesn't appear often, but she does appear. Look at how many photos we have of her. I really think that if she is going to appear in public at certain times then she could begin to do so on a more regular basis. The things of the past are just that-the past. When Salma appears in public, I haven't heard of anyone condeming it. On the contrary, most people are interested in seeing her because of the gaps that sometimes exist in her appearances.

When I consider all of the obligations and public functions of her sisters-in-law, I can't help but wonder why Salma has not taken it upon herself to create more of a royal for the wife of the King of Morocco. Isn't it time that she set a precedent in our modern times?

I think that it now time for her to lend her name and her hand to certain charities and organizations in both her home and abroad. Salma is an intelligent and well educated woman. Surely she can be more of an asset to her family and her country. I don't know what is behind her extremely low profile, but it is disappointing to not see her put any of her talents to use or to use her position in Morocco to make more differences.

abir 08-31-2004 11:15 AM

I agree with you.
The country is seeing many changes specially on woman status, and the fact that Lalla Salma does not have yet an active role in the Moroccan society does not reflect the expected changes.
So, I think she can do more to be an idol for her people.

liliana 09-01-2004 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abir
Well, I think people in Morocco will be happy if the first lady has a strong personality.
If she is, she could be active since she married, but she does not.

For me, her way to dress, reflects that she cares only about herself, not about people around her.
Hope this will change in future.

I find you unjust towards this princess, how you can tell that she doesn't worry about the other and that she only takes care of her even, she comes from the middle background and she is not accustomed at princess's life, in more her sisters-in-law monopolize all social works, I think that it must be very difficult for her, she is young and impose herself as first lady is not easy thing, me, she makes me the pain because, she is always compare to the other princesses and always to her detriment (not pretty, no taste, don't make anything)
Don’t be then so sure of you and ask yourself what you would have made in her place

abir 09-01-2004 08:55 AM

In this forum, we just make comments not judgements !
The way how she dress is extravagante, and people are not waiting to see the princess with lavish clothes and jewerly, they are waiting her work and an active role in the society.
You know well what people are waiting for, don't you?

In an under-developped country like Morocco, they are enough activities for all princesses, so it is just a surprise that she can't found something to do for her people :rolleyes:

And if you didn't follow since the begining, we start the comments after her last appearance with blue sky suit and violet shoes to comemorate 80 000 Moroccans who die to liberate France, in the name of Morocco.
You can put yourself in her place, and see how you will dress if you really care about people who died and older people who were there ;)


You can give many execuses for her as you like... but just wait and see if she will change. And if she does, I will be very happy, don't you?

liliana 09-02-2004 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abir
In this forum, we just make comments not judgements !
The way how she dress is extravagante, and people are not waiting to see the princess with lavish clothes and jewerly, they are waiting her work and an active role in the society.
You know well what people are waiting for, don't you?

In an under-developped country like Morocco, they are enough activities for all princesses, so it is just a surprise that she can't found something to do for her people :rolleyes:

And if you didn't follow since the begining, we start the comments after her last appearance with blue sky suit and violet shoes to comemorate 80 000 Moroccans who die to liberate France, in the name of Morocco.
You can put yourself in her place, and see how you will dress if you really care about people who died and older people who were there ;)


You can give many execuses for her as you like... but just wait and see if she will change. And if she does, I will be very happy, don't you?

lalla salma is inelligente, cute and she live a life of dream, then that
pokes the jealousies
if she has bad taste this not a crime,
and the problems of the moroccan people this not to of her to find solutions
her role consists to take a beautiful image of the Moroccan woman, and I am sur that she will do it because she is brilliant and deliciouse, we understand easily why the king love her, she is an exceptionnal lady

Isabel 09-02-2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
I find you unjust towards this princess, how you can tell that she doesn't worry about the other and that she only takes care of her even, she comes from the middle background and she is not accustomed at princess's life, in more her sisters-in-law monopolize all social works, I think that it must be very difficult for her, she is young and impose herself as first lady is not easy thing, me, she makes me the pain because, she is always compare to the other princesses and always to her detriment (not pretty, no taste, don't make anything)
Don’t be then so sure of you and ask yourself what you would have made in her place

I have to disagree on one point. There is no such thing as monopolozing social works. If too many people want to lend their name to a cause and want the majority of the responsibility then here is what you do: Start your own charity. For the wife of the King of Morocco, I would think that this wouldn not be very difficult.

galuhcandrakirana 09-09-2004 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abir
The country is seeing many changes specially on woman status, and the fact that Lalla Salma does not have yet an active role in the Moroccan society does not reflect the expected changes.
So, I think she can do more to be an idol for her people.

I don’t know much about Maroccan, their royal family life and history so excuse me if I give wrong comment. In my opinion the speed of society changing does not automatically affect to royal family tradition (as I notice that most royal house wants to keep their tradition as original as possible) the very good example is Japan royal family. I think Marocco royal house has noticed what people expect from their princess consort then they give her a chance to appear more and more in public and by the time they will give more serious duties for her. Royal tradition sometime needs time to be changed completely. I can not compare Lalla salma appearance in public with the previous princess consort because I don’t have any information about her.

yazz 09-21-2004 03:53 PM

I read in a moroccan newspaper AS-SABAH that she has social activities. For example, on august the 7th she visited secretly the whole services of the "Hopital du 20 aout".
But it was not related in the official newspaper "Le Matin".

isis 09-22-2004 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazz
I read in a moroccan newspaper AS-SABAH that she has social activities. For example, on august the 7th she visited secretly the whole services of the "Hopital du 20 aout".
But it was not related in the official newspaper "Le Matin".

why secetly?, In find that strange, because the sisters's king didn't make their activities secretly

yazz 09-22-2004 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isis
why secetly?, In find that strange, because the sisters's king didn't make their activities secretly

We don't know why this is secretly, and that is the question the moroccan papers don't understand.
For example, in the Paris Match's report for CP Moulay Hassan's birthday, we saw her with his husband when he received foreign guests in his office. But in the moroccan official newspaper "Le Matin" they show the king receiving the same guests but the pic was not large enough to see that Lalla Salma was there !

abir 09-22-2004 04:52 AM

Sometimes I see as they make one step ahead and one step back.
The fact that there is no courage to make a strong appearance in public, with a strong role in the society, reflects exactly the situtaion of women there: Women are not accepted yet to have a political role.
I hope the King M6 and Lalla Salma do something, because this will let whole society to see things differently and give women more and high responsabilities.

rosa 09-22-2004 08:49 AM

if lalla salma is the firt lady, there is no reason, to make a secret about her social activities
but is she the first lady, or solely the wife of the king?

lala saloua 09-24-2004 04:36 AM

to rosa
 
dear rosa,
yes lala salma is the first lady in morocco for the first time we can see the wife of the king that it was forbiden to see her her in the old times and what about activities we still have time to see mush of her activity because it s going to be first activity for a first queen of morocco.

rosa 10-07-2004 04:34 PM

I hope that salma will finally make her job of first lady of Morocco and that her presence on the associative live will not stop since the leave of Belgian sovereigns


khadijalove 10-08-2004 11:26 AM

well i dont think that lalla salma is going to make morocco better because the king is not working with her, she is only wones in the time on telivison.
and she isnt the first lady of morocco i believe that princess lalla maryam is the first lady she has a lot of procjets going on like unicef and the woman rights in morocco so we need to thank lalla maryam for the woman rights that we have know in morocco because of her the king mohammed 6 is making a ne law.

Akilah 10-12-2004 02:55 PM

Does anyone think it likely King Mohammed/Muhammed VI take another wife in say five to seven years? If he is Sunni he can have up to two wives? Correct?

Humera 10-12-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilah
Does anyone think it likely King Mohammed/Muhammed VI take another wife in say five to seven years? If he is Sunni he can have up to two wives? Correct?

He can have up to four.
But there are very specific circumstances in which a man can take more than one wife. I certainly hope he wont take another wife. Polygamy was allowed a long time ago during times of war. Many Islamic scholars agree it doesnt apply today. I dont see why a modern King like Muhammad would need another wife. Lalla Salma is a pretty woman and she's already given him a crown prince.

Layla27 10-13-2004 07:23 AM

It is very unlikely. Polygamy has never been widespread in Morocco. Plus with the new family code, it has become very very restricted.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilah
Does anyone think it likely King Mohammed/Muhammed VI take another wife in say five to seven years? If he is Sunni he can have up to two wives? Correct?


abir 10-29-2004 12:17 PM

If she is shy, I think she can start to appear in public at home (Morocco), by herself only, or with the king sisters, and not necessarly with foreign first ladies. There were many occasions for that and still there are many. And by doing so, she will gain more confidence and get use to public.
She does not have to be like a star every time when she makes public appearance, because people will remember more her work than her costumes.

But apart from being shy or not, any first lady who has social activities, is proud to help people who need help, and speaks about that,

I beleive also that being shy does not stop someone to be active.

There are many people who are shy (by nature) but they are very active !

rosa 10-31-2004 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abir
If she is shy, I think she can start to appear in public at home (Morocco), by herself only, or with the king sisters, and not necessarly with foreign first ladies. There were many occasions for that and still there are many. And by doing so, she will gain more confidence and get use to public.
She does not have to be like a star every time when she makes public appearance, because people will remember more her work than her costumes.

But apart from being shy or not, any first lady who has social activities, is proud to help people who need help, and speaks about that,

I beleive also that being shy does not stop someone to be active.

There are many people who are shy (by nature) but they are very active !

why M6 chose this woman for wife?, I think that he chosen her precisely because she is shy and reserved (a journalist wrote that when she was girl, she didn't frequent anybody a part from her older sister), with a woman as salma, M6 is sure that she won't require him to have an important role to play and that she will be content with what he will want to give her
This light role of first lady, satisfy her, exactly because it corresponds to her personality
I think that if the king wanted that her wife has a more important role, he would have chosen a stronger woman than salma :)

isis 11-02-2004 08:12 AM

do you think that lalla salma is the better first lady that moroccan people can have?
me I think that her sisters-in law are better, they are more active and more beautiful

samia 11-03-2004 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isis
do you think that lalla salma is the better first lady that moroccan people can have?
me I think that her sisters-in law are better, they are more active and more beautiful

In the Moroccan popular class, salma is nicknamed the shrimp; that indicates in what esteem they hold her
I am certain that if the people felt that salma worrier of their problems, they have given her an a lot kinder nickname
For me salma is the example of what must not be a first lady, a potiche

abir 11-03-2004 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isis
do you think that lalla salma is the better first lady that moroccan people can have?
me I think that her sisters-in law are better, they are more active and more beautiful

Moroccan women that I know are very much ambitious, even if they belong to different levels or different classes of the society, everyone with its needs and its expectations.

For me, P. Salma didn't shown any ambition, except receiving foreign first ladies and being wife of the king.

777 11-03-2004 06:27 PM

what more of an AMBITION do you want? she has already married the king of morocco, and she is in a way Queen. How much higher can one get??!!!!

rosa 11-04-2004 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777
what more of an AMBITION do you want? she has already married the king of morocco, and she is in a way Queen. How much higher can one get??!!!!

I think that if the only ambition of salma was to live a luxury life it is gained
on the other hand, an intelligent woman would not be content herself with it and would like to be useful for the societe
she should be an example for Moroccans women, by showing them that a woman can be an spouse, a mom and to have an active life
for me lalla salma isn't a first lady

abir 11-04-2004 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777
what more of an AMBITION do you want? she has already married the king of morocco, and she is in a way Queen. How much higher can one get??!!!!

I can understand “ambition to be a president, senator, or governor, since this requires hard and long work in democratic countries” but not “ambition to be a king or a queen”. You know this title is given only by heritage.

If you don’t know what social and humanitarian work can bring to people and change their lives, you will not see a much higher ambition than just being a king or a queen. We are in the 21st century; we don’t live anymore in the middle age, time of Aladdin and Sherazade.

Plus of that staying active is good for soul and brain!

julial 11-08-2004 08:40 PM

I personally think Lalla Salma is one very lucky lady. She can concentrate taking care of the boy and not needing to always be under the spotlight. I suppose French education is more subtle toward women in general.

Lalla Salma is loved by her husband and her husband trying to give as much to her. She is well protected, and probably does not mind being that way. However I do think later in her life, Lalla Salma will take more important role and be more visible.

IMO, I find morocco princesses very attractive and beautiful-the way they carry themselves with long dresses, the discreet and charming manners-Lalla Meryem, Lalla Salma, Lalla Souknia, all in the different stage of their lives, but all very charming ladies.

May I ask why Lalla Salma is called a shrimp by the Moroccan people?
What does "Shrimp" illustrate?

Reina 11-08-2004 10:56 PM

I think she is unique and very pretty. SH ehas a unique beauty about her and I like that she is behind the scenes and not after the spotlight. A lot of ppl who talk about a problem and what outta be done, but it is pure rhetoric. It is not like those "bling bling" monarchs and leaders would ever stop shopping and give soem of that money to their communities and to the young ppl who have no resources to get a higher education and find jobs. Ok...i am waaayyyyy off. Sorry. But I respect Lalla Salma cuz she is pretty and a humble person/wife.

La la 11-09-2004 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julial
May I ask why Lalla Salma is called a shrimp by the Moroccan people?
What does "Shrimp" illustrate?

That she is short in a disrespectful way.

abir 11-27-2004 01:09 PM

To liliana,

Moroccan media publish the king and prince/princess activities as soon they appear to public. Don't say they don't. Just look for a small event "enaugurating a Hammam in casablanca", they considered a huge event. In other countries, this could be enaugurated by members of small association !

So if she is doing something, for sure the first one who will speak about that is the media, but the media doesnt't mention anything; simply because she does nothing.

Even her husband, muhamed VI said she is not working in any social project because she is still thinking.
Do you disagree with this?, do you know her better than her husband?

So don't base your comments on emotion!
There are many facts that are clear enough to say she is not working !

Telquel, moroccan magazine asked about that, they said that she didn't make any profil ... profil that ppl were waiting to see from her.

A great personne doesn't need media, because his/her work cross the borders.

madonna23 11-27-2004 11:08 PM

Regarding Salma:

Do you think there could be pressure within the Royal Family that prevents Salma from stepping out? Maybe the King doesn't want her out in the public too much; I think he said in an article previously that there is no Queen in Morocco and maybe he feels that he must preserve tradition and prevent Salma from having any public role. Or it could be that the King's sisters don't want Salma to take on the role of first lady. After all, Meryam has carried on that role for so long maybe she doesn't want to give it up.

Couldn't these be plausible reasons for Salma's "disinterest" in public life? I can't imagine someone with her power, someone who has been handed the ability to bring about change, wanting to just sit around.

Guess Who 11-28-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madonna23
Regarding Salma:

Do you think there could be pressure within the Royal Family that prevents Salma from stepping out? Maybe the King doesn't want her out in the public too much; I think he said in an article previously that there is no Queen in Morocco and maybe he feels that he must preserve tradition and prevent Salma from having any public role. Or it could be that the King's sisters don't want Salma to take on the role of first lady. After all, Meryam has carried on that role for so long maybe she doesn't want to give it up.

Couldn't these be plausible reasons for Salma's "disinterest" in public life? I can't imagine someone with her power, someone who has been handed the ability to bring about change, wanting to just sit around.

Morocco is known that a first lady does not exist.Not recently but also in the past.For example, the kings mother never appeared in public adn had NO duties ever in the country, the daughters were always in the role of the first lady.The kings wife has no role past and present.He might not want her in public alot cause of the media attention and/or it was her deciscion to keep the sisters their role.
But he has changed some things though, by giving her the title "lala" and appearing in newspapers and at some openings.That NEVER used to happen.So if he could change some things he could of easily putten her the first lady, but he didnt.He wanted it to stay in the family as for salma she is an outsider who became a princess.

liliana 11-28-2004 03:46 AM

what salma inaugurated was not only a hammam, but a professional center for single mothers, I find her very courageous because she breaks a taboo in Morocco concerning the unmarried mothers, during the inauguration the journalists noted her sweetness and her kindness towards these young women
salma built a role for the king's woman, the king's sisters, make what made the sisters of hassan II, (I remind you that one of hassan II’s sister lalla Aicha was an ambassador in Italy)
It is always more difficult to be a precursor than to follows what others made before you,
and to be a precursor it is necessary to have a strong personality what lalla salma possess
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized, maybe because she has everything what woman dreams to have, beauty, intelligence, luxury, and her husband's love

zineb 11-28-2004 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized,

if yourself ask this question. here is the answer: simply because not everyone think same way as you do ... and no one has power to force others to accept his opinion.
what you see is based on your backgroud and on your norms. others are different. can you accept this?
can you tell me: why do you want people think like you?
can you answer to this question?

Guess Who 11-28-2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
I don't know why lalla salma is so much criticized, maybe because she has everything what woman dreams to have, beauty, intelligence, luxury, and her husband's love

MAybe cause not everyone see's her the same way you see her.How do you know she has everything?Dosnt mean she is a Kings's wife she has everything liliana.She might have the title but no money,s he might be kings wife but with no role she might be living in luxury and spending milions but does not have happiness...Everyone has beauty in a way, its not about apperence.beauty can be the way a person deals with things, how nice they are, the way they talk, walk, sit, reprsent themselfs.Many people live in luxury homes and in some very nice places.How do you know her husband loves her ?He might adore her, or just like her, or just married her without love so there is a hier to the throne.No one can answer this question.

liliana 11-29-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess Who
MAybe cause not everyone see's her the same way you see her.How do you know she has everything?Dosnt mean she is a Kings's wife she has everything liliana.She might have the title but no money,s he might be kings wife but with no role she might be living in luxury and spending milions but does not have happiness...Everyone has beauty in a way, its not about apperence.beauty can be the way a person deals with things, how nice they are, the way they talk, walk, sit, reprsent themselfs.Many people live in luxury homes and in some very nice places.How do you know her husband loves her ?He might adore her, or just like her, or just married her without love so there is a hier to the throne.No one can answer this question.

I make this remark because the virulence of the subjects concerning salma is strange
She is a very young woman, of a middle background that bewitched by her beauty and intelligence a king, this woman is not absolutely usual at the life of palace, nor to society life, nor to be the center of attention of a whole country
she is pregnant just after her marriage, therefore unavailable during nine months, as soon as her baby born, she gets to work, she welcomes some heads of state, goes alone to Paris to participate in an official reception for childhood, inaugurate a center for single mothers
When journalists speak of her, they call her the beautiful computer engineer or the gorgeous princess, she is young and cheerful, and her smile is a sunbeam
And here, you don't find her attractive, she has the large forehead, a big nose, she is not elegant, and she doesn’t make anything, then I ask myself some questions and I wonder if you are objective, or if your judgment is altered by something
PS: you wonder if her husband loves her, why does he marry with her, then?, she is the daughter of a teacher, whereas he was surrounded by princesses and aristocrats, that dream to marry a king

zineb 11-29-2004 09:04 AM

the problem is you see only her. see what others first ladies do, u will see then the difference. she doesn't have charisma and feel she tries hard but it makes only worse that's evident in her makeup, style and excitement when she speaks
i read also her husband was going to marry a second wife 1-2 y ago. a woman told her. the husband of this one was fired of his job because of that.

abir 11-29-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
I find her very courageous because she breaks a taboo in Morocco concerning the unmarried mothers,

“Hammam” that’s how a Moroccan magazine “Femmes du Maroc” call it.
Single mothers, it’s a taboo which was shown to the society by long hard years of work of Aicha Shenna (president of the association “solidarite feminine”) since 1985. salma was still a child!
Taboos don’t be broken so fast in one day. Plus of that, this taboo does still exist, single mothers situation is not solved yet.

Did you never heard about honorary roles without really be involved?

liliana 11-30-2004 03:47 AM

Zineb;
How do you can say that she is excited when she speaks, you are near her when he speaks
I didn't hear that the king wanted to take a second wife, besides, salma before her marriage required to be her unique wife and he accepted

Abir
Mrs. chenna, cannot give to her association the fame that gives it the princess salma by her only presence, it has sufficient that salma to move of it, that this association comes out of its anonymity and that the press speaks of it, salma have be able to choose another association, but she has chosen that one, what proves the strength of character of salma that doesn't care for the prejudices

abir 11-30-2004 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
Mrs. chenna, cannot give to her association the fame that gives it the princess salma by her only presence

That's how you think. Countries move forward to democracy and to development because of the hard work of people not because of simple presence of someone who has a honorary title.

So if for each tabbo we wait for the presence of a honorary personne to make things move, we will found ourself hundreds of years behind the world.

Guess Who 11-30-2004 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
I make this remark because the virulence of the subjects concerning salma is strange
She is a very young woman, of a middle background that bewitched by her beauty and intelligence a king, this woman is not absolutely usual at the life of palace, nor to society life, nor to be the center of attention of a whole country
she is pregnant just after her marriage, therefore unavailable during nine months, as soon as her baby born, she gets to work, she welcomes some heads of state, goes alone to Paris to participate in an official reception for childhood, inaugurate a center for single mothers

Salma is not the only one who is young and from a middle class background, all the Crown princes's wifes are all from different backgrounds and not born into a royal family, and all of them work when they are pregnant and when they have their babies, so what is so special about salma?

zineb 11-30-2004 07:00 AM

salma was in paris only as a guest. she received first ladies. not more. she is seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country. why?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?

Humera 12-01-2004 12:49 AM

Its interesting that Lalla Salma doesn't chose to accompany her husband overseas. She's only been to France twice I believe.
And I dont buy the argument that Moroccan royal women are low profile.
Both princess Meryem and Hasna accompanied their brother and father to overseas visits many times. They've also represented Morocco at many royal weddings. They're always present at banquets in honour of other royals and statesmen.
I think Lalla Salma choses, at least until her son is a little older, to keep a low profile.

abir 12-01-2004 04:42 AM

To madonna23,

You proposed two hypotheses of salma disinterest on public life.

The first one, is because of king sisters’ pressure. I wonder if this can have such effect. Morocco is an under-developped country, many things can be done there. The sisters don’t need to share their duties with salma and I don’t beleive either this will happen one day! at least not in the near future, maybe in 20 years from now, if Muhamed VI will have daughters.
I don’t see either a lack of fields where she can have an activity.
Salma has a degree in computer engineering. King sisters don’t have knowledge in this field. So why salma doesn’t do something in this area? I am surprised to see first ladies concentrate only on social work related to women and children, there are also youth and middle age (productive age) in high-schools, universities and professional institutions. There are also other fields: technology, information, science, and business.
In morocco, salma was in 3 music-films festivals, and once for single mothers centre in casablanca.

Second hypothesis, is because her husband wants to preserve tradition and prevent her from having any public role, or maybe she choose that as Humera said. That sounds more acceptable than the first one. And if this is true, then media and people in morocco misunderstood the message two years ago, when they thought salma could have good profile! But no one has corrected that, as they prefer to say: she is active without doing anything!


liliana 12-02-2004 05:38 AM

to abir, I insist for what I said, when people see lalla salma take care for unmarried woman, they see differently these young women, salma brok a taboo by her only presence
to zineb, lalla salma in the only princesse whose role is new it is necessary to be a very strong woman to be the first to do something and it is necessary to be a strong woman to be the first to do something

zineb 12-02-2004 06:24 AM

women in morocco are out since decades. if king' wife wasn't that's palace problem not moroccan problem.
you didn't answer my questions. why salma was seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?

liliana 12-02-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zineb
women in morocco are out since decades. if king' wife wasn't that's palace problem not moroccan problem.
you didn't answer my questions. why salma was seen with first ladies and never alone working for ppl in her country?
weeks ago 10 ppl died in fes, her native city, when mosque collapsed. why she wasn't there? and many areas is the city are going to collapse bcz of lack of maintenance, why she is not reacting? why she does nothing after q.paola left?

she doesn't go there because it is not her job, this year in belguium an explosion made many victim, and I don't see Mathilde or Paola in the site of explosion

zineb 12-02-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliana
she doesn't go there because it is not her job, this year in belguium an explosion made many victim, and I don't see Mathilde or Paola in the site of explosion

before, you said she is perfect and she is better than Mathilde. now she doesn't have to do everything and she does things like Mathilde. it's not bad, some progress!

do you speak about the explosion in Ghislenghien? Mathilde attended a concert in the memory of victims. what salma did for fes victims?


you know what Mathilde did only in 1 month and half?
I wonder if salma can do the half of that in years. here is Mathilde agenda for the last 1 1/2 month of this year

samia 12-02-2004 12:47 PM

liliana, you tents to deny the obviousness salma does not have any serious activity, she appears only at the time of the official ceremonies
zineb gives an example of the diary of a first lady and it has no connection with the one of lalla salma



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises