The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-prince-frederik-and-crown-princess-mary-current-events-2-may-october-2004-a-2229.html)

USCtrojan 05-07-2004 10:19 PM

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

:)

sky 05-08-2004 11:15 AM

Frederik And Mary News: May 2004 - September 2004

The kids have a say too. :flower:

- Crown Prince Frederik couldn't find a sweetheart in Denmark, because they were all smaller than him. Vokan, 9 years

- If Frederik had not found Mary, it would have been Joachim's child who would become queen. Martha , 9 years.

- If Frederik would like to be sweethwert with Mary, and she says "NO", then I really think they might be having a fight. William, 9 years.

- Mary often use a hair brace, because she's praticing wearing a crown. Stine, 8 years.

- I think that Mary ougth to learn a lot of different languages. Anyway, at least chinese. Jonathan, 7 years.

- When the royals are getting married, they have to dance in front of the others, to show them that they are good at it. Marc, 9 years.

- Before Crown Prince Frederik and Mary are going to get married, I think one ougth to check that he doesn't sleep all the time, because then Mary is going to work very hard all the time. Julie , 9 years.

- When Mary and Frederik gets marrried, she'll become a pregnant. Sarah, 8 years.

- If have to give a good advice to Crown Prince Frederik, I'll say to him, that it's very hard work to take care of children. Tobias, 8 years.

- If I should give Frederik a good advice, I'll say to him, that he should let Mary make the decisions once in a while. Martin, 9 years.

- The queen is an elderly person. So, if there is something that she have to inaugurate, and it's far away, she'll probably send Mary. Maria, 9 years.

- When Mary becomes queen, the speed will increase. Louise, 9 years.

Excerpts from the childrens section of Politiken, may 8, from a book of children's qoutes on Mary and Frederik, collected by Grethe Dirckinck-Holmfeld from children in the age 6-10. Aschehoug. 160 pp. 129 Dkr.

Dennism 05-08-2004 11:38 AM

That was funny. They are just darling. I love the one about the queen.

Jasl 05-08-2004 09:45 PM

Wow! I didn't know children around 8 think like that!

I think the following children have pro-Alex mums!!
Quote:

- If Frederik had not found Mary, it would have been Joachim's child who would become queen. Martha , 9 years.
- I think that Mary ougth to learn a lot of different languages. Anyway, at least chinese. Jonathan, 7 years. (Qn: are Danes under the impression that Alex can speak Cantonese or Mandarin fluently?)

And these ones probably heard their parents discussing these topics too!
Quote:

- Before Crown Prince Frederik and Mary are going to get married, I think one ougth to check that he doesn't sleep all the time, because then Mary is going to work very hard all the time. Julie , 9 years.
- If I should give Frederik a good advice, I'll say to him, that he should let Mary make the decisions once in a while. Martin, 9 years.

montecarlo 05-08-2004 09:50 PM

Alexandra was born and raised in Hong Kong, but doesn't even know how to speak local language? Hmmm, I find that odd.

Victoria 05-08-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

If I should give Frederik a good advice, I'll say to him, that he should let Mary make the decisions once in a while. Martin, 9 years.

This was funny-cute! :lol:

Jasl 05-09-2004 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 8th, 2004 - 8:50 pm
Alexandra was born and raised in Hong Kong, but doesn't even know how to speak local language? Hmmm, I find that odd.
Sorry, I think she understands and can speak some Cantonese but she can't speak it fluently. The royal website and articles have not included Cantonese as something Alex can speak (she's fluent in 4: English, Danish, French and German but not Cantonese or Mandarin... funnily enough, it's Henrik who can speak Mandarin), and posters in LTR who have heard her speak Cantonese have said that she can't speak it fluently (I'd love to get the link to Alex speaking Cantonese pls).

Is it odd? There are many possible reasons why she can't (e.g. lots of people from HK speak English, she went to an international school with non-Cantonese speaking kids), but she has spent nearly 30 years of her life there so I do find it quite odd too that she can't speak Cantonese fluently. My friends (who came from HK) said that living in HK for nearly 30 years and not being fluent in Cantonese is like living in AUstralia for 30 years and not being fluent in English.

But again, we really don't know the whole circumstance.

sky 05-09-2004 03:01 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I think she understands and can speak some Cantonese but she can't speak it fluently. The royal website and articles have not included Cantonese as something Alex can speak (she's fluent in 4: English, Danish, French and German but not Cantonese or Mandarin... funnily enough, it's Henrik who can speak Mandarin), and posters in LTR who have heard her speak Cantonese have said that she can't speak it fluently (I'd love to get the link to Alex speaking Cantonese pls).

Is it odd? There are many possible reasons why she can't (e.g. lots of people from HK speak English, she went to an international school with non-Cantonese speaking kids), but she has spent nearly 30 years of her life there so I do find it quite odd too that she can't speak Cantonese fluently. My friends (who came from HK) said that living in HK for nearly 30 years and not being fluent in Cantonese is like living in AUstralia for 30 years and not being fluent in English.

But again, we really don't know the whole circumstance.
I don't think it is that odd. Since, HK was britsh, I do think Alex prob. did get enough chances to speak Chinese. I'm sure the only time when Alex spoke Chinese was with her grandmother. But you are right we don't know the whole circumstance, and maybe there is a story behind it.

The quotes are really cute. :lol:

xicamaluca 05-13-2004 08:28 AM

Yahoo! News

Frederik, Mary escape near crash

Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson narrowly escaped a car crash with a drunk driver just two days before their wedding, it's been reported.

The couple were on their way to a private party at a Copenhagen nightclub when a sports car came to a screeching halt at a crossing to avoid slamming into the royals' car, Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet reported.

Pictures published in the newspaper showed a wide-eyed Mary looking out of the window of the car in a state of shock.

Police at the scene arrested the driver, a young man who was reported to be drunk.

The couple, who will marry on Friday, continued on their way to their soiree at the Vega nightclub.

The party was attended by many younger members of Europe's royal households, including Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit.

Josefine 05-14-2004 07:18 AM

do you think they will buy a house in Tasmania later on?

Duke 05-16-2004 02:29 AM

Hi can anyone post CP Frederik own royal standard and monogram? I think it was paraded during the wedding?

Theilmann 05-16-2004 05:25 PM

To Duke: I think there is a link to it at "HKHKRONPRINSEN.DK"

Alexandria 05-16-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Duke@May 16th, 2004 - 2:29 am
Hi can anyone post CP Frederik own royal standard and monogram? I think it was paraded during the wedding?
It was also posted in a previous Frederik and Mary News thread here. Have a look through the old threads or do a search in the Frederik and Mary sub-forum.

Theilmann 05-17-2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Josefine@May 14th, 2004 - 7:18 am
do you think they will buy a house in Tasmania later on?
Well it's a possibility. HRH Prince Henrik bought a chateau near his ancestry home in Cahors, and the royal family spends a month or so there every summer. So one day the Crown Prince and Crown Princess might buy a property in Tasmania. It was among the suggestions for a "peoples gift" for the wedding, but in the end the commitee settled on the Flora Danica porcelain.

Bubbette 05-17-2004 12:59 PM

Who is she and how is she fifth in line? QM, Fred, Joachim, Felix and Nick, ?

liv 05-17-2004 01:07 PM

If you mean Mary,she is not in line to the throne.Mary will only become Queen if Fred becomes King.I think the line is:Fred,Joachim,Nikolai,Felix..

Topsy-Turvy 05-17-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by liv@May 17th, 2004 - 1:07 pm
If you mean Mary,she is not in line to the throne.Mary will only become Queen if Fred becomes King.I think the line is:Fred,Joachim,Nikolai,Felix..
Yes and then Princess Benedikte and Princess Elisabeth.

Bubbette 05-17-2004 03:28 PM

I meant Benedikte, thank you.

hrhcp 05-19-2004 02:31 PM

I didn't know:

Mary agreed to pre-nuptial
By Ben English in Copenhagen
May 17, 2004

DENMARK'S Crown Prince Frederik declared his undying love for his new princess – but he still took out last-minute insurance.

The future king moved to protect the vast riches he will inherit should his fairytale marriage to Hobart-born Mary Donaldson end.

Royal attorneys filed a pre-nuptial agreement, signed by both Prince Frederik and the now Princess Mary, minutes before the registry closed at noon on Friday.

"At the court in Aarhus . . . we received a signed marriage settlement from both Frederik and Mary," registry Judge Soeren Soerup Hansen said. "We just had time to record it in the registry so all formalities are now in order."

The agreement, called a settlement in Denmark, was lodged so late the court has yet to stamp it.

Judge Hansen said the document was still valid because it had been recorded in the register.

Had Prince Frederik failed to lodge the settlement, he would have been liable if the couple divorced to hand over half the "kingdom" to his bride under Danish law, which stipulates an even split of assets.

Under the settlement, Prince Frederik's existing riches will be safe from any divorce payout.

His assets are a closely-guarded secret but he is believed to be already independently wealthy.

After the wedding, Prince Frederik, who is honeymooning with Mary in Tanzania, receives a pay rise from $940,000 a year to $3.21 million, of which his wife will receive 10 per cent.

The Queen has given him a palatial 4 700 sq m wing of Amalienborg Castle in Copenhagen plus the vast Kansilli House, part of the sprawling Fredensborg Castle, 40km north of the capital.

An average two-bedroom 75sq m apartment in Copenhagen is worth about $400,000.

Using this benchmark, Prince Frederik's lodgings are worth more than $25 million.

In registering a pre-nuptial agreement, the Crown Prince followed the same cautious path as his mother and brother ahead of their marriages.

But prior to their marriage, Mary made it clear she had settled on a career for life – as Crown Princess of Denmark and eventually to be promoted to queen of one of the world's oldest monarchies.

When her father John Donaldson gave her away, he literally handed his youngest daughter over to Denmark.

In the event of divorce, she will relinquish the custody of any children to Prince Frederik.

On Saturday, the couple departed on their honeymoon – in search of warmer weather in the wilds of Tanzania.

The couple chose a honeymoon destination as far from the urban jungle – and from the prying eyes of an obsessed Danish press – as possible.

In elaborate plan involving two planes to trick the media, the couple travelled to Dar Es Salaam, the capital of Tanzania on the coast near the famed island of Zanzibar.

Dar Es Salaam is often used as a staging point for holidaymakers on their way to Zanzibar's pristine tropical beach resorts. It is also renowned for its diving, one of Frederik's favourite recreations.

Tanzania also boasts Africa's tallest mountain – Mt Kilimanjaro (5 895 m) which can be seen from almost anywhere in the country – and an array of safaris to see the continent's wildlife up close.

Frederik and Mary broke with a tradition reaching back to his late grandmother Queen Ingrid, who spent her wedding night aboard royal yacht Dannebrog.

It is not known how long the honeymoon will last, although one of Frederik's best friends among the European royal community – Spanish Crown Prince Felipe – will be getting married next week.

The Daily Telegraph

wyldseraph 05-22-2004 07:54 AM

Aussie belle will be queen of the Danes
By Julian Isherwood in Copenhagen and Nick Squires in Sydney

It began with a flirtatious evening in a pick-up bar in downtown Sydney and culminated on Friday in a wedding ceremony accompanied by as much pomp and pageantry as the Danes could muster.

Four years after Mary Donaldson, 32, an estate agent from Hobart, Tasmania, bumped into Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik, 35, in a crowded Sydney watering hole, she walked up the aisle of Copenhagen's Lutheran Cathedral of Our Lady to become the first Australian destined to be a European queen.

In her own words, it was "a fairytale". While she did not have to kiss a frog, she did capture the heart of her Prince, a former navy frogman, during an evening of high-jinks at the Slip Inn while out with her friend Beatrice Tarnawski. As the two women debated whether the men in the bar had hairy or hairless chests, three of them - Prince Frederik, his brother Prince Joachim, and their cousin Prince Nikolaos of Greece - gamely offered themselves up as guinea pigs, allowing the women to run their hands over their chests.

"I liked Prince Frederik best because he was so smooth," Tarnawski recounted to an Australian newspaper.

Prince Frederik, however, was smitten with Donaldson, although she was initially less enamoured.

"I didn't know who he was. It was not love at first sight," she said in a recent interview.

His tenacity won the day. And yesterday the couple held hands and said "Ja!" in front of European and Japanese royalty in the first wedding ceremony of a crown prince in the country since 1743.

While hundreds of thousands of Danes packed Copenhagen's streets, the Australians - at least half of them die-hard republicans - put aside their prejudices and joined in with their own, less formal, celebrations.

At the Slip Inn on Darling Harbour - its entrance decorated with giant posters proclaiming it "the meeting place of Mary Donaldson and the Crown Prince of Denmark" - there was free Carlsberg and Danish meatballs for customers able to produce a Danish passport.

The cocktail menu was amended to include two celebratory concoctions - "Great Dane" and "Tasmanian Temptress" - and the bar was open until 4am to broadcast the nuptials live.

"I've learned how to say 'Cheers' in Danish," boasted the barmaid.

While the 800 guests were ferried through the Danish capital in a fleet of 100 new royal blue Volvos to a reception at the Amalienborg Palace, the doors of the Sydney Opera House were thrown open to members of Australia's Danish community who wanted to watch the event live on television. There they saw the down-to-earth law graduate and daughter of a Scottish university mathematician metamorphose into Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth - Denmark's next queen.

"The whole of Australia is fascinated by this story because how often do you get an Australian girl marrying a real prince?" said Matt Campbell of Australian broadcaster SBS television. "It may never happen again."

In Donaldson's home state of Tasmania - her father Professor John Donaldson emigrated from Edinburgh to Hobart in 1963 - they seized on the day as a way of reversing its image as a remote, rainy island at the bottom of the world.

Children dressed up as princesses and Vikings. Shop windows displayed pictures of Danish castles and the red and white Danish flag flew above Parliament House in Hobart.

Donaldson, who has given up both her Australian and British citizenships and has studied Danish for the past two years, was keen to have her heritage reflected in the wedding ceremony.

Australian eucalyptus and Scottish bluebells were among the roses and carnations decorating the cathedral. - © The Telegraph, London

https://www.sundaytimes.co.za/2004/05/16/ne...rld/world02.asp

australian_cornsilk 05-25-2004 08:23 AM

Well..all is fair in love and war..right?

:-)

carlota 05-25-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by liv@May 17th, 2004 - 12:07 pm
what happens if the crown prince passes away before than the princess? will she continue being queen? who would be the king in that case?

H.M. Margrethe 05-25-2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

what happens if the crown prince passes away before than the princess? will she continue being queen? who would be the king in that case?
If CP Frederik dies befor CP Mary and they don´t have no children then will prince Joachim be the next king of Denmark.
I think that CP Mary will get the titel as a princesse of Denmark becaus prince Joachim and princesse Alexandra will becom king and queen of Denmark,but i am not shure.
Maby you send the question to a member of this forum callede Teillman

hrhcp 05-26-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

carlota  Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 8:41 am

I think the outcome depends on whether the Crown Princess was able to conceive and bring to full term a child (and presuming the kid is mentally with it).

According to

https://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/9000c/GSID/1829014

on May 26, 2004 - TODAY

there is a reference to
"Fødselsdag
Onsdag 26. maj 2004
H.K.H. Kronprinsens fødselsdag."

"Fødselsdag" means "birthday"?

How long is the honeymoon - 2, 3 or 4 weels ?

According to

https://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/2000f/Year/2004/Month/6

the first post in June is on the 10th. And the wording is then:

"Koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal
Torsdag 10. juni 2004 kl. 19:30
D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsens 70 års fødselsdag."

Am I correct in inferring that the Crown Prince Couple will be 'opening' a concert at Tivolo for the Prince Consort's 70-th birthday ?

Looks like Crown Princess Mary will have, according to

her first official engagement (er.... second, seeing the first was to become engaged to the Crown Prince) on June 13-th.

"Pony-DM i Silkeborg
Søndag 13. juni 2004 kl. 12:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mary til stede ved præmieoverrækkelserne i forbindelse med Danmarksmesterskaberne i ridebanespringning for ponyer. Stævnet afholdes af Sportsrideklubben Silkeborg i Silkeborg."

Something about horses. Giving out the winner's ribbon, is that what that is about ?

Alisa 05-26-2004 08:23 PM

That will be her first official engagement as HRH The Crown Princess, all by herself :flower:

The following week the couple along with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will embark on a 11 day official visit to Greenland.

Dennism 05-26-2004 08:30 PM

And being an enthusiastic horsewoman herself, what a perfect first engagement!

Too bad her name isn´t Philippa though. :P

hrhcp 05-26-2004 08:49 PM

A bit of a misnomer:
"After the royal wedding in May, Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson are to depart for a two-week official visit to Greenland."

That is what is says in:

https://www.cphpost.dk/get/77695.html

Greenland: from June 19 to July 5

"Greenland, Denmark's icebound Arctic territory, celebrates 25 years of home rule this year, and to mark that occasion, newlywed Crown Prince Frederik and his wife-to-be, Crown Princess Mary, will join Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik on a two-week official visit to the vast island, the royal court has announced.

Running from June 19 to July 5, the tour will embrace 12 townships in Greenland, including the capital Nuuk and settlements along the eastern and western coasts with visits to the Sirius Sledge Patrol's bases at Daneborg and Scoresbysund on the programme. This will be familiar to Prince Frederik, as he took part in the tough Sirius 2000 Sledge Patrol in eastern Greenland several years ago."

and a week in front, to go with the boat to get there, and a week to get back ..... my, I hope none of the participants among the two couples gets "cabin fever". ;)

it wouldn't surprise me if one or both couples flies in while the boat steams along to get there......but is a visit to the Faroe Islands planned in around the same time?

Alisa 05-26-2004 08:54 PM

Perhaps they've got it wrong? :unsure: According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk

hrhcp 05-26-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Alisa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Perhaps they've got it wrong? According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk

Thanks for posting that, Alisa ... before I broke down and used Google, I searched myself silly and couldn't find it on "Kongehuset.dk".

Yepp .... schedule modification. June 30 is obviosuly the last day for QM.
But what about for Fred and Mark, seeing their next commitment is only for July 26 ?

Alisa 05-26-2004 09:17 PM

Your welcome. :flower:

As for Fred and Mary...engagements will perhaps be filled in as they come up :flower:

anna 05-27-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 27th, 2004 - 2:59 am
couldn't find it on "Kongehuset.dk"
It is to be found there in Pressemeddelelser :
Den Kongelige families besøg i Grønland

30.june is planned to be the royals' last night aboard the royal yacht,
but the Greenland tour is planned to last until 5.july :)

USCtrojan 05-27-2004 04:36 PM

How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...

hrhcp 05-27-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

King Christian  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:59 pm
Quote:

Alisa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 7:54 pm
Perhaps they've got it wrong? According to the royal website the visit is from June 19- June 30th

kongehuset.dk

Yepp .... schedule modification. June 30 is obviosuly the last day for QM.
But what about for Fred and Mark, seeing their next commitment is only for July 26 ?

I reverse myself once more, compliments of anna's post, and another look at
https://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=58487&..._aktuelt_presse
June 19 : They fly into Greenland and board the Danneborg.
June 21 : They arrive in Nuuk - the capital city - pretty, I have been there.
July 05 : They fly out of Greenland by air and via Iceland (photo op?).

Jasl 05-28-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chanel@May 27th, 2004 - 3:36 pm
How exciting to see HRH on her very first single engagment. Can't wait...
I know!!

Thor from rbhq translated bits of the book on the Crown Princess written by Ninka (excerpts of which appeared in Politiken)... and it seems like the CP too is very much looking forward to her future work!

She's clearly indicated that she wants to work with the mentally ill, and I certainly hope she succeeds in that endeavour!! :flower: I tend to think it's because she lost her mum and probably have experienced deep depression ... so it's probably something that's close to Mary's heart.

If Denmark doesn't already have one, then maybe Mary can set up something like Lifeline, which we have here in Sydney. It's a free service for people having trouble/ depressed/ suicidal etc. You can call up and talk to someone at the end of the line.

Chatleen 05-28-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 26th, 2004 - 8:03 pm
According to

the first post in June is on the 10th. And the wording is then:

"Koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal
Torsdag 10. juni 2004 kl. 19:30
D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer koncert i Tivolis Koncertsal i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsens 70 års fødselsdag."

Am I correct in inferring that the Crown Prince Couple will be 'opening' a concert at Tivolo for the Prince Consort's 70-th birthday ?

They will not exactly be opening the concert, but they will be attending it :)

tiaraprin 05-28-2004 11:01 AM

I congratulate the Crown Princess on her determination to work with the mentally ill. This is an issue that is too often swept under the rug by people who do not understand it. Bravo Mary, I am rooting for you!!!

Lyonnaise 05-28-2004 11:56 AM

The Prenuptial Agreement (I'll leave it to someone else to translate)

document

newspaper article

I think it says that she's not entitled to half the castles, royal residences if they do get divorced

timtonruben359 05-28-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carlota@May 25th, 2004 - 8:41 am
If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.

MarieLouise 05-28-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by timtonruben359@May 28th, 2004 - 12:39 pm

If CP Frederik were to die before he became King, CP Mary would become known as Princess Mary and assuming they had no children Prince Joachim then would become Crown Prince and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Princess in Mary's place.

Would Joachim and Alexandre actually be crown prince and princes? Eouldn't they just be follower to the throne like Margrethe?

mgrant 05-28-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

If Frederik died and he and Mary had children, then CP Mary would still become Princess Mary and their first born child would be come Crown Prince/Princess. Also if this child has not reach the age of majorty when QMII dies, then Prince Joachim would become regent until the child reached adulthood.

Of course if Frederik comes to the thrown and dies before Mary, Mary would become a Dowager Queen Or as they are more commonly known Queen Mother (assuming she had a child) if they did have a child the first born would become King/Queen but if they didn't and assuming Joachim was still alive he would become King and Alexsandra Queen.
I think its great that you can keep the line of succession straight. I have touble keeping my own family line straight :lol:

Angel S. 05-28-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 13th, 2004 - 8:28 am
Yahoo! News

Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson narrowly escaped a car crash with a drunk driver just two days before their wedding, it's been reported.

The couple were on their way to a private party at a Copenhagen nightclub when a sports car came to a screeching halt at a crossing to avoid slamming into the royals' car, Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet reported.

Pictures published in the newspaper showed a wide-eyed Mary looking out of the window of the car in a state of shock.

Police at the scene arrested the driver, a young man who was reported to be drunk.

The couple, who will marry on Friday, continued on their way to their soiree at the Vega nightclub.

The party was attended by many younger members of Europe's royal households, including Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Norway's Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette-Marit.

Any pictures of this???

Chatleen 05-28-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angel S.@ May 28th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
Yahoo! News

Quote:

Any pictures of this???

This was kind of a fake story, made by the danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet. The couple wasn't even near the drunk driver.

timtonruben359 05-28-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Would Joachim and Alexandre actually be crown prince and princes? Eouldn't they just be follower to the throne like Margrethe?
Yes if CP Fredrik died BEFORE he became King, Joachim and Alexsandra would become Crown Prince and Princess since Queen MII would still be on the throne. The title of Crown Prince/Princess is always given to the next in line.

If Queen MII were to, God forbid, die tommorow Frederik and Mary would become King and Queen and Prince Joachim and Princess Alexsandra would become Crown Prince and Princess because they are next. But when Frederik has children Joachim and Alexandra will lose that title since the first born child will inherit once they are born.

Starr 05-29-2004 12:54 PM

Well I will be one of the first to say I was wrong about Mary. She has a good head on her shoulders and I think she'll be a wonderful addition to the royal family.

australian_cornsilk 05-29-2004 06:48 PM

I think Mary is a very realistic, sensible person with her feet planted firmly on the ground.I think both she and Frederik were looking for a very normal, solid love...and that appears evident when you hear her speak of the time they spent getting to know each other. It also seems they really found that love they both wanted.

Even without a Prince involved, finding true love is a bit of a modern fairy tale! :heart:

Yennie 05-30-2004 03:05 PM

Anyone read the Mary book? Is it worth buying?

Lena 05-30-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yennie@May 30th, 2004 - 8:05 pm
Anyone read the Mary book? Is it worth buying?
If you mean the interview book...a member called Thor has translated a lot of parts of it at the Royal blue board...IMO it´s really worth to read it(at least when you/one understand danish). Mary has an interesting view on life.

australian_cornsilk 05-30-2004 05:43 PM

I would be pretty certain there would be an English version of it available too...especially as she is from Australia...a lot of her fellow country men here would also want to read it. I will find out and post it here if there are copies published.

Eliza 05-30-2004 11:46 PM

Thank you so much for posting the interviews. The interview gives us a deeper insight to Mary and who she is. After reading the interview, you realise that it the entire relationship until she moved to Denmark was pretty hard. I take my hat off to her and I think she and the cp are truely in love and she'll be a great princess and addition to the royal family.

hrhcp 06-05-2004 05:15 PM

are they back from their honeymoon yet ?

any pictures ?

when's their next official engagement ?

Alisa 06-05-2004 05:37 PM

They'll be back this coming week. According to the royal calender they will appear at Prince Henrik's birthday celebration.

billie-jo 06-05-2004 10:54 PM

Is their a english version can any one help with that.
billie-jo

hrhcp 06-06-2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

billie-jo  Posted: Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:54 pm

Is their a english version can any one help with that.

In checking the royal itinerary, this is what I found. The english part of the crown prince's webpage makes reference to
Quote:

HRH The Crown Prince's diary will be updated weekly on the Danish site showing the events on his official programme.
No luck there.

The palace page in english for schedule only makes a reference to the wedding. So, old news.
The danish side is this link here.

Out of luck a second time.

I considered the Danish Embassy in 'Worshington' ;) and the American Embassy in Copenhagen, but couldn't see any obvious link. You might have better luck !?!

anna 06-06-2004 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 6th, 2004 - 7:50 am

Quote:

HRH The Crown Prince's diary will be updated weekly on the Danish site
showing the events on his official programme.

No luck there.

Hmmm, you did notice that Crownprince Frederik's attendance
at the state council wednesday 9.june at 10:30
has been added this saturday, right ?

Like Alisa posted they are putting more engagements of both
Their Royal Highnesses onto the calendar all the time. :)

ausroyalfan 06-06-2004 10:35 AM

Even before the wedding, the Danish Royal family have always had some form of presence in Australia over many years - pre-Olympics too.

To me it just seems quite logical to give them honourary (or make them full-blown Australian royalty!) titles such as:

HRH Frederik Crown Prince of Denmark, Duke of Tasmania,
HRH Mary Crown Princess of Denmark, Duchess of Tasmania.

it's pretty obvious that they're going to be in Australia a lot, and given the 1.25 million people who sat up from 11pm to 2am Australian Eastern Standard Time (which is record-breaking in itself for that time of night!!) to watch them take their vows, it's fair to say they have a massive support base in Australia.

Perhaps they can only assume the Duke / Duchess (or any other combination?) titles when in Australia?

The Danish Royal family seem to be extremely modern & progressive (something sadly Australia's own royal family quite literally is not), how do you think that would be received at all levels of Danish society (from the Monarch herself through the government and to the people themselves)?

We as Australians take possession of many things, in the way we speak and the way we regard people, and I doubt Mary would be any different. She's still ours [sentimentally!], and Fred's now ours too!

thoughts?

cheers

hrhcp 06-06-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

anna  Posted: Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:35 am

Hmmm, you did notice that Crownprince Frederik's attendance
at the state council wednesday 9.june at 10:30
has been added this saturday, right ?

I suppose one could presume that the new royal couple has returned from their trip.

To me, this makes sense ..... a week or thereabout to ease themselves back into the daily routine. Review correspondence, consent to some requests.

Incredbile security ... to slip in (and earlier out of) Denmark without much public fanfare. And good connections too.

Jasl 06-06-2004 06:40 PM

;) funny.

Australia doesn't hand out titles so I don't think Fred and Mary will have honourary ones.

I don't see the point of the Windsors though. They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Australia, I don't even know if they care. And I am not really looking forward to Charles and Camilla as the next head of state. I'll just pretend the Danish royal family is my royal family ;)

hrhcp 06-06-2004 06:45 PM

How about Governor General in waiting ?

Poppy 06-07-2004 04:57 AM

If there were titles in Australia, they have to go through the Queen Lilibet

ausroyalfan 06-07-2004 08:13 AM

true, there's nothing wrong with Betty and Mags knocking their heads together and coming up with a deal! :)

Ginny 06-07-2004 08:38 AM

Does any know if they are back from their honeymoon???

Yennie 06-07-2004 11:39 AM

Fredrik will attend a meeting at Christiansborg Palace on wednesday. And Mary will make her royal debut on June 13 when she will attend a horse show in Silkeborg.
The couple will also attend the celebrations of prince Henriks 70th birthday on June 10 & 11.

So they should be back in Denmark by now...

De officielle pligter begynder for kronprinsens vedkommende onsdag formiddag, når han sammen med dronningen deltager i det ugentlige statsrådsmøde på Christiansborg Slot.

Mary overrækker pony-præmier
Torsdag aften er han og Mary med, når det er prins Henriks tur til at være i centrum i Tivolis koncertsal. Her fejres prinsens 70-års fødselsdag med en koncert for 500 inviterede gæster.

Selve fødselsdagen er dagen efter, den 11. juni, hvor prinsen og hans familie på Fredensborg Slot vækkes af Studentersangerne. Om aftenen fejres fødselsdagen med middag, taler og dans i Kuppelsalen.

Den ny kronprinsesse får sin officielle debut to dage senere, søndag den 13., når hun skal overrække præmier ved DM i ridebanespringning for ponyryttere i Silkeborg.

Lena 06-07-2004 02:38 PM

I can´t believe it, that they have managed it, that we didn´t get a single pic of them of their honeymoon! When they start with their Royal duties again, then almost 1 month went by since the wedding! When I think of the "Mary-hype" then...unbelievable

carlota 06-07-2004 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:38 pm
I can´t believe it, that they have managed it, that we didn´t get a single pic of them of their honeymoon!
that's true, lena! they really did it perfectly this time...

will they announce where was their honneymoon after they come?

Yennie 06-07-2004 03:48 PM

hopefully! I´m curious :P

anna 06-07-2004 06:58 PM

Monday 7.june at about 16:00 (4pm) Crown Princess Mary was photographed in front of her new home at Kancellihuset - some suitcases were taken into the house - then Mary was off again in the Landrover she has been driving for a long time - according to this article

BT - Frederik og Mary er hjemme igen - af Bodil Cath. - 8. juni 2004 kl. 00:30

Ginny 06-07-2004 11:37 PM

thanks for the info :-)
I look forward to some photos if any are ever published or found :-)

Its very true, that they did it so well as nothing was released and more importantly, they managed a honeymoon all to themselves :-)

hrhcp 06-08-2004 01:02 AM

Mary didn't look all that too tanned ... so, any guesses to where they might have been ?

And her face looks a bit more filled in again .... glad about that ..... she looked to me slightly on the dreadfully thin side at her wedding (yuh know all that stress).

Yennie 06-08-2004 05:31 AM

the first photo of Mary at home!

in copenhagen

KikkiB 06-08-2004 05:39 AM

I think their honeymoon was spent in Africa, somewhere around the Victoria Falls.

carlota 06-08-2004 08:08 AM

mary looks so tired... what happened to her?

engelkristall 06-08-2004 09:05 AM

Maybe the jet lag...

Lady Jean 06-08-2004 09:23 AM

Did anyone in the US receive their wedding DVD from Billed-Bladet yet?

I think Mary looks very tan, if you compare this to her porcelain wedding-day look!

Bubbette 06-08-2004 11:26 AM

Hmm, is she looking a little puffy? Maybe pregnant?

kirstengrafin 06-08-2004 01:03 PM

I just received the stamps & first day covers of the Danish Royal wedding. Shipping was free and the stamps are a beautiful and inexpensive souvenir. Here's the link in case anyone is interested:

https://www.stamps.postdanmark.dk/def...en_english.asp

kirsten

Jackswife 06-08-2004 01:13 PM

I swear I think Mary gets more beautiful every time I see her. Those wedding stamps are gorgeous! :heart: :o

montecarlo 06-08-2004 01:24 PM

June 8, 2004 - TV 2

Royal Newlyweds Home Again

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have arrived in Denmark after their honeymoon. Allegedly, they arrived yesterday to greet Prince Joachim happy birthday. Joachim had his family with him to Fredensborg Castle where he celebrated the day by having lunch with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.

The Crown Prince couple now resides in the Kancelli House and the daily duties are already beginning: Wednesday at 10:30am, Crown Prince Frederik is attending a meeting of Ministers of State. Mary begins her new work on Sunday as she will be presenting prices at the Danish Championship in pony show jumping in Silkeborg, Jutland. It is still uncertain where the honeymoon was held, but according to the daily newspaper B. T. Mary who is usually very white in her complexion has gained some colour. The Crown Princess was seen on Monday around 4:00pm nearby Amalienborg Castle.

SpiffyBallerina 06-08-2004 08:40 PM

By the way, whether Mary looks "puffy" or not probably doesn't mean she's pregnant. I mean, maybe she is, but I've never heard of any woman getting noticably puffier within like a month due to pregnancy. She probably just gained back a few pounds (thank goodness) because she was't really doing too much exercise (honeymoons are for relaxing ya know :P ) and she didn't have to deal with wedding stress anymore. I hope she is pregnant though; that would make everyone so happy.
~Kathleen

Queen of Portugal 06-08-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by anna@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:58 pm
Monday 7.june at about 16:00 (4pm) Crown Princess Mary was photographed in front of her new home at Kancellihuset - some suitcases were taken into the house - then Mary was off again in the Landrover she has been driving for a long time - according to this article

BT - Frederik og Mary er hjemme igen - af Bodil Cath. - 8. juni 2004 kl. 00:30

what would be their address at their new home at Kancellihuset ?? :huh:

anna 06-09-2004 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:10 am
what would be their address at their new home at Kancellihuset ??* :huh:
HRH Crownprince Frederik and HRH Crownprincess Mary's new address
in the public register :

Kancellihuset, Slottet
3480 FREDENSBORG

Lady Jean 06-09-2004 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:40 pm

By the way, whether Mary looks "puffy" or not probably doesn't mean she's pregnant. I mean, maybe she is, but I've never heard of any woman getting noticably puffier within like a month due to pregnancy. She probably just gained back a few pounds (thank goodness) because she was't really doing too much exercise (honeymoons are for relaxing ya know .....
~Kathleen

Since Mary just returned from a trip, I assume she had a long plane ride.....we all know what a toll those can take on us!

The DVD: I am praying what Billed said was true, that they can be viewed anywhere. I will just be happy right now to receive the DVD.

anna 06-09-2004 10:08 AM

Isn't dr's dvd/vhs sold through Billed-Bladet supposed to be released 14.june ?
Hence not even shipped yet ?

tv2's wedding dvd / vhs were released 25.may and may be bought through https://www.rillen.dk/ - foreign customers info on front page

Se og Hør #24 online has some different info on Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary's return to Denmark than the above linked BT article ;)

SoH writes the royal couple arrived early monday in a SAS plane at Kastrup, Copenhagen - they left it as the first passengers - they were driven directly to Kancellihuset at Fredensborg - not long after Mary had changed her clothes and went for a ride on her horse

FREDERIK OG MARY: HJEMME IGEN - 09. juni 2004 - another photo of Mary

Jasl 06-10-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by anna@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:08 am

SoH writes the royal couple arrived early monday in a SAS plane at Kastrup, Copenhagen - they left it as the first passengers - they were driven directly to Kancellihuset at Fredensborg ...

What did they do, camp out at the airport? ;) Ooops, sorry, it's SoH... hopefully it's not join the dots work from them then.

meghee2002 06-10-2004 09:08 AM

Hello members, an new and this is ma first time to write here. Am from Africa-Uganda. I am requesting anyone out there who has some pics of CP Mary after the honeymoon to kindly post them here. Tahnks inadvance.

Jasl 06-10-2004 09:21 AM

I don't know Danish. Would any Danish speakers be kind enough to translate this article from BT? :flower:

Mary er smukkest
Af BODIL CATH OG NIELS LEVINSEN

Det franske blad Point de Vue kårede onsdag Mary som den smukkeste prinsesse.

»Mary er den SMUKKESTE prinsesse«, fastslog det franske blad Point de Vue i går. Det har 53 procent af bladets læsere bestemt.
Bladet skriver om Mary:

The rest of the article here.

And does anyone know what's happening with Henrik's birthday? Any sign of the royal family yet?

ausroyalfan 06-10-2004 09:33 AM

smukkest is obviously an adjective,

Mary er den SMUKKESTE prinsesse
--- Mary is the <SMUKKESTE> Princess

So many of the Danish verbs are similar to German - and the constructs used in stringing sentences together look to a hybrid of English and German (I have a limited knowledge of German ;))

Jasl 06-10-2004 09:36 AM

Thanks, I was thinking that too&#33;

Actually, now I know why that work "smukkest" looked familiar. It was in John Donaldson&#39;s speech, when he said "min datter ..something something.. smuk".

anna 06-10-2004 09:41 AM

BT is telling about Point de Vue N° 2816 and the thing that is interesting to them :

In the princess voting results this mag presented :
How did the mag&#39;s readers vote on Crownprincess Mary ?

Crownprincess Mary is voted la plus belle ~ den smukkeste ~ the prettiest princess with 53%
Quote:

»Hun er den smukkeste. Hendes Hollywoodstjerne-agtige fremtoning, hendes nøddebrune øjne får det hvide til at vende ud af øjnene. Hun kommer langvejs fra, og intet har forberedt hende på at medvirke i et eventyr. Den strenge opdragelse, hun har fået, har ikke kunnet give hende prinsessenykker. Hvad enten hun er i cowboybukser eller i brudekjole, bevarer hun sit statelige udseende. Med en tasmanerindes skønhed, med sin fars skotske arv har hun et utal af fortrin, som har charmeret danskernes hjerter.«
perhaps someone else will translate the description from the french paper mag p.19 or BT&#39;s danish online article&#39;s translation from french ......

10 PRINCESSES PREFEREES ~ FORETRUKNE prinsesser ~ The preferred princesses Results according to BT :
1. Mathilde
2. Caroline
3. Mary
4. Victoria
5. Letizia
6. Alexandra

anna 06-10-2004 05:18 PM

Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary at the Tivoli concert 10.june 2004 for Prince Henrik's 70.birthday

Danish articles - J-P - tv2 - dr.dk

Photos - B , C , D

Lena 06-10-2004 05:49 PM

Thank you so much for these new pictures, anna!! :flower:
IMO Mary is looking very relaxed in these photos (as if a burden would have fallen off from her "shoulders") and it seems as if she would have gained some weight...I hope it stays this way!

From polfoto.dk

Beate 06-10-2004 06:05 PM

She looks stunning&#33;&#33; Very nice dress and I also thought hat she had gained some weight. It suits her well and she looks very relaxed..Even her smile has changed..:)
I loved all the photos&#33;&#33; I hope we will see more tomorrow&#33;&#33;

Jasl 06-10-2004 06:25 PM

I like it too&#33; Wouldn&#39;t have expected her to wear something like this actually.

GrandDuchess 06-10-2004 06:29 PM

Yes, Mary lookes lovely&#33; Very natural and relaxed, and it&#39;s nice to see that she&#39;s put on a little weight too - she looks much more sparkling in her appearance now. Thanks yall for the great pictures&#33; :flower:

Bubbette 06-10-2004 06:32 PM

Yes, she has gained weight.

Jasl 06-10-2004 06:55 PM

She reminds me of Caroline or Charlotte in this : photo.

micas 06-10-2004 07:31 PM

Thanks the pics are great&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don&#39;t like a lot Mary dress but she look happy :woot: :woot: :woot:

Alisa 06-10-2004 08:16 PM

Frederik and Mary look relaxed and happy. Mary looks lovely and Frederik equally as handsome. :flower:

Starr 06-10-2004 08:40 PM

Frederik looks much healthier too, compared to earlier this year. Guess he was a stressed out groom.

kate14 06-10-2004 08:51 PM

Great pictures&#33;&#33;

I agree Fred and Mary look happy/relaxed. I like Mary&#39;s dress, it suits her very well.

Thanks for sharing :flower:

hrhcp 06-10-2004 08:55 PM

does any-one know who made/designed Mary&#39;s dress ?