The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/sarah-duchess-of-york-current-events-14-february-october-2009-a-19988.html)

Warren 02-17-2009 07:42 AM

Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009
 
Sarah, Duchess of York current events 13

commencing February 2009

Part 12, covering October 2008 to February 2009 can be found here

* Posts rehashing old events and posts indulging in gratuitous Sarah-bashing will be removed *

Ī

iceflower 02-19-2009 01:25 AM

Pics 16.2.2009
 
The Duchess Of York, Sarah Ferguson, is a guest on 'The
Alan Titchmarsh Show'. Shown on IV1 England - 16.02.09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Bella 02-19-2009 10:49 AM

Thanks, Ice. Do you know what she was talking about?

Skydragon 02-19-2009 10:57 AM

:previous: From the ITV website

Is there a relationship problem, financial worry, or issue affecting your local area that she could help you with?

Alan Titchmarsh | From the Heart - ITV Lifestyle

Mermaid1962 02-19-2009 04:11 PM

Sarah looks great!:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 895866)
The Duchess Of York, Sarah Ferguson, is a guest on 'The
Alan Titchmarsh Show'. Shown on IV1 England - 16.02.09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **


murphy's mom 02-19-2009 08:57 PM

It will be interesting to see how this latest phase of her career turns out. It would be interesting to be able to know exactly what she said on tv.

iceflower 02-27-2009 02:23 AM

Pics 24.2.2009
 
Sarah Ferguson attends the private view of 'The Godfather'
photographs by Steve Schapiro, at the Hamiltons Gallery on
February 24, 2009 in London, England.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Bella 02-27-2009 12:35 PM

Thanks, Ice. The leather jacket needs to go but otherwise not too bad. And the big smile is flattering.

I wonder, these events she's photographed at, do you think she attends because a) she's friends w the host/guest-of-honor/another guest? b) she's been invited and would attend the opening of an envelope if it'll keep her name and pic in the papers? c) there's some sort of financial compensation for showing up?

AuroraB 02-27-2009 12:42 PM

:previous:

How about all of the above. :biggrin:

murphy's mom 02-27-2009 08:09 PM

I'd have to agree.

Mandy 02-27-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 900658)
Thanks, Ice. The leather jacket needs to go but otherwise not too bad. And the big smile is flattering.

I wonder, these events she's photographed at, do you think she attends because a) she's friends w the host/guest-of-honor/another guest? b) she's been invited and would attend the opening of an envelope if it'll keep her name and pic in the papers? c) there's some sort of financial compensation for showing up?

.
I think Sarah attends these events so that posters can bash, ridicule and mock her and I think she understands that for some people, it is their only source of entertainment. ;) :rolleyes:

murphy's mom 02-28-2009 01:44 AM

I don't think anyone is bashing, ridiculing, or mocking her. I do, however, think we are stating the obvious; that Sarah likes attention, and she likes to earn money.

kimebear 02-28-2009 01:56 AM

I like attention and earning money too, as do a lot of people. It doesn't mean that I also cannot appreciate art in my personal time.

To assume that Sarah cannot even attend a gallery showing without some sort of compensation, if there is no supporting evidence, is irresponsible and just starts the thread back down that long overly treaded road.

If anyone has any credible information that pertains to her presence at the show being anything more than personal enjoyment, we can certainly discuss her motivations then.

Warren 02-28-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy's mom (Post 900851)
I'd have to agree.

Why do you have to agree? Or is it easier being a parrot and jumping aboard the "let's have fun bashing Sarah" bandwagon? Do you ask the same questions or apply the same standards when Lady Helen Taylor appears in Hello! or attends a gallery opening or a fashion show? (and she attends way more than Sarah does) If not, why not?

It has been made perfectly clear by the moderators that the gratuitous Sarah-bashing and overall cattiness that had become endemic to previous threads will not be continuing in this thread.

Skydragon 02-28-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 900658)
I wonder, these events she's photographed at, do you think she attends because a) she's friends w the host/guest-of-honor/another guest? b) she's been invited and would attend the opening of an envelope if it'll keep her name and pic in the papers? c) there's some sort of financial compensation for showing up?

The normal procedure is an invitation by the organisers, who perhaps want/need a little publicity boost. On other occasions, she is probably a friend of the exhibitor, organiser, or another guest. Most of these events do not pay for the person to attend, although the food and drinks can be very nice.:biggrin:

I think Sarah goes because it is something she is interested in or it is a normal social event, (apart from the events organised by her sponsers).:flowers:

Jo of Palatine 02-28-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 900966)
Why do you have to agree? Or is it easier being a parrot and jumping aboard the "let's have fun bashing Sarah" bandwagon? Do you ask the same questions or apply the same standards when Lady Helen Taylor appears in Hello! or attends a gallery opening or a fashion show? (and she attends way more than Sarah does) If not, why not?

It has been made perfectly clear by the moderators that the gratuitous Sarah-bashing and overall cattiness that had become endemic to previous threads will not be continuing in this thread.

Yes, and that's why nothing of this kind has happened or has it? Apart from the comment about the leather jacket (which could really be up for discussion, IMHO) nothing was actually said that constitutes "bashing" in my book. I understand that the mods want this thread to swim more in neutral waters than it did before but I think "cattiness" is something different from what we could read lately.

Menarue 02-28-2009 08:17 AM

This thread has become so insipid it will disappear soon. I donīt think it is a secret that Sarah had to make money to pay for her debts and so accepted financially attractive offers for appearances etc, that is not catty, it is common knowledge. I fail to see why Lady Helen Taylor has appeared here, as far as I can see she has led a perfectly blameless life, has not had a whopping great divorce settlement, one of the reasons being she hasnīt been divorced. She is a cousin of the Queen not her ex daughter-in-law and if she wishes to appear and be paid for an article in Hello why not? Actually if Sarah Ferguson wants to do the same why not?

Charlotte1 02-28-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 901053)
This thread has become so insipid it will disappear soon. I donīt think it is a secret that Sarah had to make money to pay for her debts and so accepted financially attractive offers for appearances etc, that is not catty, it is common knowledge. I fail to see why Lady Helen Taylor has appeared here, as far as I can see she has led a perfectly blameless life, has not had a whopping great divorce settlement, one of the reasons being she hasnīt been divorced. She is a cousin of the Queen not her ex daughter-in-law and if she wishes to appear and be paid for an article in Hello why not? Actually if Sarah Ferguson wants to do the same why not?

Sarah paid off her debts 10 years ago, she hasn't been in debt since, so why keep bringing that up. It's not a current event, it's past history. She did not make money by making appearances, she was paid to work and her work involved selling products, first Weight Watchers, and Wedgewood, now she has her own line of homeware products in the US. She also worked hosting TV shows and it seems she wants to continue working in television. ( another current event!) She also gets paid now as a corporate motivational speaker at conventions and gets paid rather large sums of money to do so! Sarah did not get a whopping divorce settlement, ( that was Diana with her 17 million pounds) Sarah got a small settlement ( she even signed over her part of the marital home so when Andrew sold it 2 years ago Sarah got nothing from the sale) Andrew as the younger son had very little money, the divorce settlement that Sarah did get she gave half to her mother to try and save the Argentinian ranch where she lived as it was heavily in debt. ( Sarah still supports it financially).

Lady Helen Taylor does the same kind of PR selling work that Sarah did but doesn't get the same vitriolic criticism. Lady Helen models Armani clothing for photoshoots in Hello, she is paid to appear at various functions in Armani to publicise their clothing and regularly appears in the society pages of Hello. ( Sarah rarely) Lady Helen until a few years ago also had a contract with a designer jewellery company too, as well as Armani and did the same for them, was paid to appear wearing their jewellery.

Menarue 02-28-2009 08:52 AM

I still donīt see why you have to put the name of Lady Helen on this thread. She is a very beautiful young lady and I am not all surprised that Armani would like her to publicize their lines.
I have no idea how you know so much about Sarahīs private financial affairs but I will take your word for it. I do know she was heavily in debt and had to pay back her creditors and I am glad that you have told me that she has managed to.
As I said before this is getting a very insipid thread, it is obvious you have great admiration for Sarah, I havenīt, so why not leave it at that, and leave Lady Helen out of it.

Bella 02-28-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 900891)
.
I think Sarah attends these events so that posters can bash, ridicule and mock her and I think she understands that for some people, it is their only source of entertainment. ;) :rolleyes:

So I guess that's Item D? If anyone is referring to MY question as bashing, please clarify. I wasn't accusing or assuming, hence the Question. I think people are getting a bit paranoid around here and it's ridiculous. Celebs get PAID to attend events. Sarah is a Celeb. People also attend out of respect/friendship for people involved in the event, which is why I asked about her being friends w different hosts/hostesses and guests-of-honor. Celebs also go to events to be photographed. There's nothing Basing about that, it's a fact. So Move On from assuming that EVERY comment about Sarah is bashing her. Maybe it's time to move on myself and GO elsewhere and leave all those who worship Saint Sarah to themselves. How Stupid of me to think I could actually post a Normal and Legitimate question about Sarah on Sarah A thread! Ciao!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises