The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Royals & Musical Instruments (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royals-and-musical-instruments-19802.html)

sarahedwards2 04-03-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire
Empress Michiko of Japan is a great pianist.

Princess Amélia of Brazil also plays the piano.

Prince Rafael of Brazil plays guitar.

Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil is gifted musician, she plays various intruments.

Princess Anne played the oboe when she was at boarding school, but she had to give it up because her teeth got in the way! (I thought that was quite funny; I played the clarinet for 6 years from grades 6 to 12 (age 11 to 17) and never found it a problem.) She also sang in the school choir (as did I when I was that age) and as well did fencing, ballet, lacrosse, tennis, badminton, volleyball, drama and of course horseback riding. When I was in my first year of college in 2009, I went to a lot of the varsity home games. I also participated in Wednesday noon hour activities in the gym; like basketball, dodgeball, shoe-tossing, etc, as well as Monday night intramural volleyball. Needless to say, I got the school spirit award at the end of the year.

amaryllus 07-15-2013 03:30 PM

Princess Aiko of Japan plays the piano and violin.

Baron Brockdorf 07-15-2013 03:38 PM

Princess Madeleine of Sweden, The Duchess of Gastrikland and Halsingland is an excellent pianist

blauerengel 07-15-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf (Post 1575369)
Princess Madeleine of Sweden, The Duchess of Gastrikland and Halsingland is an excellent pianist

Is there any video or record where we can hear her play? I would love to hear how she plays the piano :-)

Baron Brockdorf 07-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blauerengel (Post 1575381)
Is there any video or record where we can hear her play? I would love to hear how she plays the piano :-)

there is no video (at least i have not found one ) where we can hear her play however her piano teacher told expressen in may what a good perfomer and student she was/is and that he was writing some music in honour of the union
https://www.expressen.se/gt/musiklara...ssans-brollop/

AdmirerUS 07-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 (Post 1535745)
Princess Anne played the oboe when she was at boarding school, but she had to give it up because her teeth got in the way! (I thought that was quite funny; I played the clarinet for 6 years from grades 6 to 12 (age 11 to 17) and never found it a problem.) She also sang in the school choir (as did I when I was that age) and as well did fencing, ballet, lacrosse, tennis, badminton, volleyball, drama and of course horseback riding. When I was in my first year of college in 2009, I went to a lot of the varsity home games. I also participated in Wednesday noon hour activities in the gym; like basketball, dodgeball, shoe-tossing, etc, as well as Monday night intramural volleyball. Needless to say, I got the school spirit award at the end of the year.

My first college roomate introduced herself by way of saying she was a music/oboe major and that oboists went mad because of the ENOURMOUS pressure it took to play the instrument built back into the brain. It was like - "Hi, watch me go off top dead center." I am sure Anne had a far better intro line at school. ;)

emmalisa 09-26-2013 07:47 AM

Princess Tessy plays alto saxophone.

CyrilVladisla 03-09-2014 09:19 PM

King Henry VIII of England owned and played a vast number of musical instruments.
These instruments were:
78 Flutes
76 Recorders
10 Trombones
14 Trumpets
5 Bagpipes

:tudorrose:
King George III of Great Britain played the harpsichord and the flute.



:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::britflag::britflag::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

CyrilVladisla 03-21-2014 05:42 PM

Queen Juana (Joanna) of Castile, the daughter of Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand V of Aragon, played the clavichord.
Prince Heinrich of Prussia, the brother of Wilhelm II, played the violin.
His wife Princess Irene of Hesse played the piano.
Prince Frederick Louis, the Prince of Wales, who was the son of King George II of England, played the cello.
Felice Pasquale Bacciochi, the husband of Elisa Bonaparte, was a most enthusiastic violinist.
In Royal Life magazine, it was written:

Prince William (of Cambridge) said: "I used to play the piano, trumpet and drums when I was your age, but I couldn't read music."

I did not know that Prince William could not read music.
Queen Victoria of England played the piano.

CyrilVladisla 12-24-2017 02:24 PM

Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece playing the piano.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2860exqXsWI

King Edward II of England liked the organ, giving one as a present to his sister Princess Mary. He also had an organ installed at his residence of Langley.

Biri 11-22-2018 03:51 PM

Prince Hisahito plaing the flute:

https://www.jiji.com/news/photos/pho...0028927176.jpg

Biri 12-08-2018 01:34 PM

Do you know of any Royals who would be singing in the choir?

Somebody 12-08-2018 01:49 PM

I don't know about a choir but princess Christina and princess Alexia of the Netherlands definitely sing.

Biri 12-15-2018 12:59 PM

Princess Althea de Ligne playing the harp:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrHuwWqIQFG/

and piano:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrH8detIwwm/

CyrilVladisla 07-29-2020 04:33 AM

Duke Georg Alexander of Mecklenburg-Strelitx (1859-1909) was a skillful cellist.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises