The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   General Royal Discussion Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f289/)
-   -   Opinion on Williams beard?? (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f289/opinion-on-williams-beard-19537.html)

Troddew 12-27-2008 11:54 AM

Opinion on Williams beard??

Do you like it or not?

lallyvee 12-27-2008 12:45 PM

I don't think it does much for him but I don't find him attractive anyway.

Jacknch 12-27-2008 12:47 PM

I think William's beard suits him very well and certainly makes him more handsome in looks. I think beards suit younger men more than older men! Let's hope Kate doesn't develop a rash!

Sonjapearl 12-27-2008 01:02 PM

I like it! I think it makes him more mature looking.

scooter 12-27-2008 02:02 PM

I dont love the beard, but it's ok. Am I the only one who thinks in recent photos that his hair looks thicker and darker? Perhaps plugs or that spray on stuff they use in Hollywood?

murphy's mom 12-27-2008 02:06 PM

I like it! I think it makes him look more handsome. I hope he gets to keep it.

wbenson 12-27-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 872285)
Am I the only one who thinks in recent photos that his hair looks thicker and darker?

I've noticed a little of that. I think it might just be an effect of getting older, however.

scooter 12-27-2008 03:15 PM

Thicker????

Royal Fan 12-27-2008 03:27 PM

It suits him very well he should keep it as long as he can!

Ella Kay 12-27-2008 03:39 PM

Thumbs up on the beard - I think it's quite sexy, actually. :smile:

Leslie2006 12-27-2008 03:41 PM

Hmm...I don't know if I like it or not...maybe not. He reminds me of someone I used to know...creepy.

Raniaf4 12-27-2008 05:06 PM

I like it...!It's different and more masculine.

avrilo 12-27-2008 05:17 PM

hot! hot! hot!. I love it!

Iluvbertie 12-27-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy's mom (Post 872286)
I like it! I think it makes him look more handsome. I hope he gets to keep it.

I believe that when he joins the SAR next month it will have to go.

ada 12-27-2008 06:37 PM

Fantastic!!! Any chance of setting up a 'yes/no' poll

georgiea 12-27-2008 07:13 PM

Prince William looks good with the beard or without it. He reminds me of previous Kings with the beard.:smile:

Odette 12-27-2008 07:44 PM

He is too young to go bald and grow a beard at this point.........Perhaps in 20 years time he will look more distinguished, not now.

Sister Morphine 12-27-2008 10:31 PM

I don't care for it, the only guy I've seen (royal or otherwise) look good with a full beard is CP Haakon. Otherwise it just looks goofy on a guy. And with William, that's absolutely the case. I always thought his brother was the most attractive of the two, but thought Will was cute in his own way. I certainly don't feel that way. LOL

elizlovescrisro 12-27-2008 10:57 PM

It's alright. I don't really find him that hot, especially now that he's older. He was kind of cute in his uni days, but not so much anymore.

I guess in a way his beard makes him look more masculine. He can pull it off well.

Katrianna 12-28-2008 12:16 AM

I like it.

Skydragon 12-28-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 872502)
I don't care for it, the only guy I've seen (royal or otherwise) look good with a full beard is CP Haakon.

prince Michael looks great with his beard, IMO. Williams is too straggly, but might have improved with more time. As he will be in the RAF shortly, perhaps he will grow a RAF Moustache? :biggrin:

The Editrix 12-28-2008 04:38 PM

^Haha, an RAF moustache. . . mmmm, I'm not too sure about that one!! But I think the beard looks great on William. :D

PrincessofEurope 12-30-2008 08:49 AM

He looks more like Charles with the beard - a real Windsor

Duke of Marmalade 12-30-2008 08:54 AM

People seem to like it - William became runner up in the annual Beard of the Year award, only beaten by joint winners singer Sir Tom Jones and the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams

Prince Williams' beard honoured - Telegraph

Empress Merel 12-30-2008 09:20 AM

It doesn't suit him.
Someone like Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt can grow a beard, William can not. It's just not flattering.

indian_royal 12-30-2008 10:06 AM

Smokin blazin hott!!!!

iakynthi 12-30-2008 01:21 PM

It's nice to see him changed...into a man I mean ;)

Picmajik 12-30-2008 02:45 PM

I like it--as long as it's neatly trimmed

I think it makes him look older and certainly more like Edward VII and George V.
~sigh~Sir Tom Jones--now that's a beard!

jcbcode99 12-30-2008 02:55 PM

I think he looks like Edward VII and George V as well with the beard and you can really see the Windsor in him. I think he looks more mature, but it is hard to get used to after seeing him clean-shaven for so many years. I think its a nice change, but probably one he will have to do away with next month.

karla64 12-30-2008 04:27 PM

I liked it He look good on beard...

People: Poll: What do you think of prince william's beard?

vote:

POLL: What Do You Think of Prince William’s New Beard? - Off the Rack - StyleWatch - People.com

jcbcode99 12-30-2008 04:31 PM

I have to say, looking at them side by side, the beard looks pretty good.

Martha 12-30-2008 04:44 PM

Willis looks older with beard

Lillibetforever 12-30-2008 05:58 PM

I think he looks incredibly like his grandfather with the beard! There is a picture of Prince Philip with a beard during WWII that is a dead-ringer for current pic's of Wills. If anyone has the "Philip and Elizabeth" book by Gyles Brandreth I know the picture of Philip is in there.

amedea 12-30-2008 06:01 PM

I like it: he seems more handosome and more windsor :D

Next Star 12-30-2008 10:15 PM

I don't like the beard I think William looks better clean shaven.

sugarbaby318 12-30-2008 10:24 PM

I personally like his beard. It's almost like it makes up for the lack of hair on his head! :) But, really I do like it!

randomlyKeira 12-31-2008 12:03 AM

I actually find William more attractive with his beard. I never found him as handsome as Harry, but with the beard he catches up a little. :D

iowabelle 12-31-2008 01:57 PM

I like the beard ... although it seems to make his lack of hair more obvious. They were making fun of him the other night on TMZ for that reason.

Empress Merel 12-31-2008 03:10 PM

It can look good on a MAN but William is still very boyish to me.

RubyPrincess168 01-01-2009 01:49 AM

He does look good with a beard, but I think it also draws attention to his thinning hair uptop.

Lumutqueen 09-05-2009 06:18 AM

I think it added to his attractiveness. :flowers:

queenofthelight 09-08-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 987766)
I think it added to his attractiveness. :flowers:

Why? You mean it gives him more brutality, don't you?:smile:

MelinaB. 09-08-2009 04:03 PM

I believe he can take better care of his beard and he'll be really attractive.
I agree with those who think the beard gives William a mature look.Which is good,imo.

Lighthouse 11-05-2009 06:40 AM

The beard really suited him but I prefer him without one.

royski1 03-17-2011 03:10 PM

Prince William - Beard or No Beard

I'd like to start a poll.
Should William grow his beard back for the Wedding?
Keep in mind, he is soon to be bald on top.
I think he looks better with a beard.
Your thoughts?

Dani90 03-17-2011 03:32 PM

I think no beard

georgiea 03-17-2011 03:36 PM

A beard would look nice only with no balding. I wish Prince William would get a hair transplant.

Osipi 03-17-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royski1 (Post 1217415)
I'd like to start a poll.
Should William grow his beard back for the Wedding?
Keep in mind, he is soon to be bald on top.
I think he looks better with a beard.
Your thoughts?

I vote no beard. A beard would take away from that winning smile he has.

royski1 03-17-2011 04:24 PM

Sorry, but I think transplants have a ways to go. I think they look worse than the bald head. Some bald men are very sexy; Sean Connery, Ed Harris, etc. etc..
As far as the smile goes, I think a beard makes a smile and great teeth stand out even more so.

Skippy 03-17-2011 04:27 PM

No beard, I prefer a guy to be without facial hairs. A goatee can be okay at times and it certainly does flatter certain guys, but otherwise no.

And I don't think a beard suits William, can someone provide a photo of him having a beard? I don't recall him ever having had one.

royski1 03-17-2011 04:32 PM

Here is a link;

Jezebel: Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing.

Or just Google image search; "prince william with a beard" and you will see several more.

royski1 03-17-2011 04:35 PM

Come on, click on this link and look at that smile!!!

Hirsute heroes: As Prince William's facial fuzz shows, a beard can work wonders for a chap | Mail Online

KKnardi 03-17-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 1217431)
A beard would look nice only with no balding. I wish Prince William would get a hair transplant.

I agree, the balding doesnt look very good.

KittyAtlanta 03-17-2011 05:20 PM

No beard for the wedding. I want to be able to recognize the bride and the groom at the wedding. If he has a beard and Kate wears her hair up, I won't know who they are. He can grow one after, if he chooses.

melissaadrian 03-17-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royski1 (Post 1217451)

He doesn't look too bad with a beard, but too scruffy for a wedding. It would be one thing if he always had a beard and didn't shave it for the wedding. But to suddenly grow a beard he almost never had, just for the wedding, no. He is too young for it to look too distinguished.

Skippy 03-17-2011 05:42 PM

I don't like a beard on him, imo he is too young for a full-blown beard. And somehow I don't think a goatee would suit him either.

A clean-shaven William on April 29th, please :flowers:

rossop7 03-17-2011 05:58 PM

I quite liked the beard when he grew it however many years ago it was but for the wedding? I'd rather he didn't.

No objection (not that my opinion matters to him :lol: ) if he decides to grow one later, so long as it's well maintained & neat, I don't mind beards at all & thought his suited him fine.

On the subject of his hair, whilst I don't like that he's going bald I have quite a bit of respect & sympathy for him seeing as he's such a big public figure (& only going to get bigger in years to come), he knows he's going to photographed & talked about, knows his hair, or lack thereof, will be talked about & yet there he is just getting on with it & accepting that that is what is happening with his hair. Personally I prefer that to some desperate attempt to hide it or use hairplugs or other products etc to cover it up. He can't help how his genes are turning out & all credit to him for just getting on with it as best he can, can't be easy when he's as young as he is (balding is always senstive for some guys no matter how old they are but especially so when younger) & especially considering he's got such media/public attention on him & he obviously knows comments are passed about his hairline. While I'm sad he's lost/losing his lovely blonde hair I'm fine with him just embracing it & letting his hair go naturally rather than do something fake to cover it up etc, especially now since everyone knows he's going bald so if he suddenly appeared with more hair everyone would KNOW he'd done hairplugs or something. Embrace nature & go with it, there are far worse things in life than losing your hair. :flowers:

Osipi 03-17-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossop7 (Post 1217489)
I quite liked the beard when he grew it however many years ago it was but for the wedding? I'd rather he didn't.

No objection (not that my opinion matters to him :lol: ) if he decides to grow one later, so long as it's well maintained & neat, I don't mind beards at all & thought his suited him fine.

On the subject of his hair, whilst I don't like that he's going bald I have quite a bit of respect & sympathy for him seeing as he's such a big public figure (& only going to get bigger in years to come), he knows he's going to photographed & talked about, knows his hair, or lack thereof, will be talked about & yet there he is just getting on with it & accepting that that is what is happening with his hair. Personally I prefer that to some desperate attempt to hide it or use hairplugs or other products etc to cover it up. He can't help how his genes are turning out & all credit to him for just getting on with it as best he can, can't be easy when he's as young as he is (balding is always senstive for some guys no matter how old they are but especially so when younger) & especially considering he's got such media/public attention on him & he obviously knows comments are passed about his hairline. While I'm sad he's lost/losing his lovely blonde hair I'm fine with him just embracing it & letting his hair go naturally rather than do something fake to cover it up etc, especially now since everyone knows he's going bald so if he suddenly appeared with more hair everyone would KNOW he'd done hairplugs or something. Embrace nature & go with it, there are far worse things in life than losing your hair. :flowers:

I have to agree with you that this is one man that is very comfortable in his own skin as I think Kate is too.

Hissy 03-17-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossop7 (Post 1217489)

Yes, I doubt William was very surprised when he started losing his hair when he is surrounded by men in his family with varying degrees of baldness, so he's living with it. :smile:

There are some newer treatments though for baldness if he chose to change that. Products that clean up the DHT which they think can cause a person to lose hair. Also I have seen them have luck with a laser treatment that gets the circulation going or something. Any hair that grows back is their own so not all messed up plug looking! ;)

Usually I prefer clean shaven men, yet William doesn't look bad with a beard to me, perhaps because he's lighter haired. I agree with other posters it would just need to be more clean lined, not scruffy, or too high up on his cheeks.

For the wedding though I think it would be best to be clean shaven as well. He's mostly known like that and they will have to live with these photos for years so I hope he's clean shaven.

So thumbs down on the beard at least for the wedding.

csw 03-17-2011 07:26 PM

I'm glad I looked at the photos before responding. I generally don't like beards at all but he actually wears it well.

PrincessKaimi 03-17-2011 07:46 PM

He's hardly bald enough (yet) to try and offset it with a beard!

He'll go close-cropped later and will look just fine.

JulieS 03-17-2011 07:48 PM

No beard. I don't like beards.

LadyCatharine 03-17-2011 08:40 PM

I like the beard...For the wedding , he should look like himself..After they settle into private married life and have nothing to do, no grunt work like the rest of us...smile..then maybe..

roseroyal 03-17-2011 10:43 PM

No beard! I dislike facial hair!
No offense intended!

Daria_S 03-17-2011 10:45 PM

Oy. Definitely a 'no' on the beard.

Mia_mae 03-17-2011 10:49 PM

For the wedding, no beard. Eventually I wouldn't mind. Prince Michael of Kent is one of the most regal members of the BRF and I attribute that to his beard :P

Rebafan81 03-17-2011 10:57 PM

I think he looks better without a beard

roseroyal 03-17-2011 11:02 PM

You are right, a few men are handsome with beards, Prince Micheal being one.
He always reminds me of the captain of the Titanic. PM does look regal.
But William is more handsome without a beard.

melissaadrian 03-17-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine (Post 1217566)
I like the beard...For the wedding , he should look like himself..After they settle into private married life and have nothing to do, no grunt work like the rest of us...smile..then maybe..

William in all fairness has two years left in the RAF, and I doubt that is sit do nothing smile pretty work.

Are RAF allowed to have a beard by the way? I don't know if the British armed forces have to clean shaven rule.

monkeyfish 03-18-2011 09:33 AM

No. It doesn't suit him at all.

monkeyfish 03-18-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1217610)
You are right, a few men are handsome with beards, Prince Micheal being one.
He always reminds me of the captain of the Titanic. PM does look regal.
But William is more handsome without a beard.

YES! The captain in the movie Titanic always reminds me of Prince Michael as well! Glad I'm not the only one...

rossop7 03-18-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaadrian (Post 1217627)
William in all fairness has two years left in the RAF, and I doubt that is sit do nothing smile pretty work.

Are RAF allowed to have a beard by the way? I don't know if the British armed forces have to clean shaven rule.

Not sure if the rules have changed recently or anything but as far as I'm aware Navy are allowed beards if they wish, RAF are allowed moustaches but no full beards & no idea about the Army itself. Exceptions are only allowed for religious reasons I think.

Hissy 03-18-2011 10:58 AM

I agree with everyone about Prince Michael of Kent, he does look very elegant, and has this nice looking call to the past with his beard. I never thought about the Titanic captain that is very interesting, I get that similarity. To me when I see him I think about Tsar Nicholas a little! :smile:

soapstar 03-18-2011 11:08 AM

Although I do like the beard on him, I don't think he should grow it back for the wedding.

SASSY 03-19-2011 03:53 PM

Love the beard. He should grow a beard in the Winters. It's probably too late for Rograine but I would've tried that. He looks so much older now that he's balding, bless him.

Osipi 03-19-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 1218370)
Love the beard. He should grow a beard in the Winters. It's probably too late for Rograine but I would've tried that. He looks so much older now that he's balding, bless him.

There are sooo many sexy men that are bald or partially bald. Both of my sons have gone for the cue ball look and I actually think it looks good on them. For those men that feel self conscious about their thinning hair, I just tell them "When the gods created men, the heads they was ashamed of, they covered with hair" and wink.

A winter beard would look wonderful on William. Many men do grow full beards in the colder weather to keep the face warmer. But please William, a clean shaven face for the wedding!! We don't want to miss one little facial expression!

BTW: my hubby has had a full beard since the day I met him. If he shaved it off, I'd not recognize him. :ohmy:

melissaadrian 03-19-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1217820)
Although I do like the beard on him, I don't think he should grow it back for the wedding.

I agree, looks good, but it seems bizarre to grow a beard for a wedding. Most men either shave it off, or they trim it up if they have a beard. We all know the clean shaven Will. If he wants one later good for him.

And if the response above was correct about RAF allowed to have a moustache, well that will rule one out. He is in the RAF for two more years.

royski1 03-19-2011 06:13 PM

Well, it looks like the "No's" are winning. I can see some people's point of waiting till after the wedding, maybe when the first baby comes.
I certainly agree about a beard looking more regal.
Look at Prince Juan Carlos, Prince Fredrick & Prince Haakon. I think they all look great.
Looks like the Heirs are liking facial hairs. LOL

Mirabel 03-19-2011 07:06 PM

I hate beards! I always think they look so grubby.

But I heard that William grew a beard once and Kate disliked it, so he got rid of it.

roseroyal 03-19-2011 07:14 PM

Then chances are...
He will not have a beard anytime soon!
You hit the nail on the head with the word grubby!

OlderThanILook 03-19-2011 08:46 PM

No beard! Please! I don't know why a receding hairline is considered unattractive. I find balding and bald men quite attractive -- depending on the man, of course. But then, my own very handsome father went bald at a very young age.

SASSY 03-19-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1218374)
There are sooo many sexy men that are bald or partially bald. Both of my sons have gone for the cue ball look and I actually think it looks good on them. For those men that feel self conscious about their thinning hair, I just tell them "When the gods created men, the heads they was ashamed of, they covered with hair" and wink.
A winter beard would look wonderful on William. Many men do grow full beards in the colder weather to keep the face warmer. But please William, a clean shaven face for the wedding!! We don't want to miss one little facial expression!

BTW: my hubby has had a full beard since the day I met him. If he shaved it off, I'd not recognize him. :ohmy:

Lol, "cue ball look"? Wills is still a tall, handsome man. He just looks older. I don't mind a man with a beard, I think it makes him look rugged as long as it's neatly kept.

royski1 03-20-2011 01:49 PM

Kate doesn't look too unhappy with the beard here;
Kate's birthday present is a Prince - as William is pictured for the first time staying overnight at the 'in-laws' | Mail Online

Here is an article talking about how the beard shows off his white teeth and how you notice his beautiful eyes more so.
Hirsute heroes | News

LadyGabrielle 03-23-2011 01:46 PM

I quite like the beard. He looks dashing with it. But no beard for the wedding I would say. Such a good looking guy, he could be bald and he would still look good. I just think he should be clean shaven for the big day.:flowers:

Grandma828 03-23-2011 05:50 PM

Please no beard.

Opal 04-09-2011 08:59 PM

I vote yes on the beard.

palomasie 04-09-2011 09:16 PM

No beard, please!:bang::bang::bang:

Grandduchess24 04-09-2011 09:18 PM

No beard because I have seen him with one....uh noooooo he looks much cleaner without one than with

cmbruno 04-09-2011 09:34 PM

My grandfather was a very tall handsome man and had a nice moustache. So, I have always liked moustaches and beards. And I am fortunate enough to be married to a man with a nice moustache too. Soooooo manly... ;-)
Prince William will probably not wear a beard to his wedding but it is a fact that he looks very charming with one.

DianaLP 04-09-2011 10:02 PM

ewwww goodness gracious me....no way, no beard...his face is too gorgeous to hide with a beard...
where is this pic of william with a beard?

Mia_mae 04-09-2011 10:13 PM

https://images.nymag.com/images/2/dai...am_560x375.jpg

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/im...lliam-pics.jpg

on a shallow note, damn! he has a phyne face! (makes the hair lost even more heartbreaking :(

DianaLP 04-09-2011 10:22 PM

shallow? no...a Royalist realist;)

Myself1995 05-16-2011 08:00 AM

I liked his beard, but I seemed to be in the minority. I don't think he'll grow another one.

XeniaCasaraghi 05-29-2011 04:53 AM

He's no Prince Haakon that's for sure.

Betty3204 05-29-2011 11:00 PM

I don't like beards or mustaches, period. William is handsome and distinguished looking without it.

grevinnan 05-29-2011 11:15 PM

He is handsome with or without beard, with or without hair. He has kind and twinkling eyes and a great smile.

wartenberg7 05-30-2011 06:06 AM

Looks great! Hope heŽll grow it again!

Daria_S 05-30-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty3204 (Post 1259750)
I don't like beards or mustaches, period. William is handsome and distinguished looking without it.

I will second that.

jdcharlie 05-30-2011 10:50 PM

I'm normally not a fan of facial hair, but I liked William's beard. Call me crazy. :P

RN1981 06-07-2011 04:03 AM

I like it. I think it gives him an added sense of gravitas.