The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Ruling Family of Dubai (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/)
-   -   Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/engagement-of-cp-hamdan-to-sh-sheikha-bint-saeed-bin-thani-al-maktoum-dec-2008-a-19517.html)

QUEENECE29 12-25-2008 05:07 PM

Official Date : 27 December 2008

Gekroonde Hoofden: Kroonprins Hamdan van Dubai en Shaikha Sheikha van Dubai zijn verloofd

houri 12-25-2008 05:58 PM

Congratulations to the Al-Maktoum :smile:

it is funny how I knew about the news, my mother told me that one of the al maktoum will marry I asked her who is ? :eek: be specific mom please
and she just said "I do not know just one of them" :biggrin:
so I said I will go to find the news in my beloved fourm " the royal fourm" :wub:

tee 12-25-2008 07:26 PM

is hamdan getting married or engaged?

Goldenlake 12-26-2008 02:51 AM

I think that this is just an engagement annoucement.

randomlyKeira 12-26-2008 03:02 AM

So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

Warren 12-26-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 871848)

I note this website has lifted the details of Sheikh Mohammed's children from the first post of this thread and copied much of it word for word.
I strongly suspect their engagement story has also been picked up from this thread. We appear to be the best source of Ruling Family news on the internet. :smile:

Still nothing on the WAM or Gulf News websites.

Arisan 12-26-2008 04:39 AM

Fatisse Taleb or Warren, can you please post a link to the photo of Sheikha? :flowers:

Warren 12-26-2008 06:17 AM

:previous:
The (small) picture was said to have come from Sheikh Rashid's website: www.sh-rashid.net
I've had a quick look but couldn't see it among the hundreds of photos of Rashid playing soccer; unfortunately there is no English language version of Rashid's site.
• Keep in mind that Sheikhs Hamdan and Rashid have a sister named Sheikha Sheikha so the chances of mistaken identity are increased.

tee 12-26-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomlyKeira (Post 871925)
So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

I think its just the engagement.

They might not get married for years.

Someone on Hamdan's website said she is 18 and was born 1990.
(I dont know how true, the story is).

Neutral 12-26-2008 08:27 AM

The 27th of December is the Men's lunch wedding ceremony of Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoums and not Sheikh Hamdans engagement ceremony as mentioned earlier. However the local Arabic radio stations and newspapers have been posting congragulating announcements from individuals and various companies in regard to Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammeds engagement.

*Deeply sorry for the previous misinformation

Turkish Delight 12-26-2008 11:18 AM

I think we will see articles from WAM , but like we all know Dubai Royals are different from European Royals. It's really hard to see marriages & engagements in media.

Between I think we can't see Sheikha's pic in media.She will be like Sheikha Hind.(First Lady of Dubai & Mother of S.Hamdan)

kingcat 12-26-2008 04:46 PM

We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

bettina 12-26-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcat (Post 872076)
We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

Wise words ! Nobody knows. We just have to wait and see (and keep our fingers crossed). :lol:

Warren 12-27-2008 06:42 AM

A link was posted to Sheikh Rashid's website and what was stated to be a picture of Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed.
However, that part of the website is password-protected which means members cannot gain access to see the picture.

Rather than continuing with a succession of posts repeating what has already been said, I have removed the first post and all the "link doesn't work" posts.

Warren
Dubai moderator

ETA.. Please don't make posts stating "I want to see pictures of the bride".
If there are any pictures available, they will be presented here. If there are none, there will be nothing to see.

Thanks!

Mademoiselle Lilo 12-27-2008 09:53 AM

good news another royal Engagement :flowers:
congratulation to them:flowers::flowers:

Fien 12-27-2008 10:21 AM

If it's true congratualtion's to both...i'm new on the forum so hello everyone... i've been looking on this forum for a while and i like it... i heard from my friend in Dubai a long time ago that Sheikh Hamdan would get engaged to his mom sister daugther how the girl knew it i don't know... and i tought she was lying but now that i read it on the forum here it might be true.... i wish them all the best.

Sunshine1026 12-27-2008 02:46 PM

:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

Schwalker 12-27-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine1026 (Post 872307)
:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

Erm, there was a wedding ceremony yesterday...the mens wedding ceremony that is.

Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammad Al Maktoum and Shaikh Saeed Bin Dalmouk Bin Juma Al Maktoum..

https://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10270610.html

Welcome to the site by the way...;)

Fien 12-27-2008 04:32 PM

Thank you for the link it's nice to see how they dress... there is still no official news about Sheikh Hamdan engagement

Turkish Delight 12-27-2008 04:40 PM

Schwalker,thanks for the pics very much & I found the same pics.(Bigger pics)
Pic1 -- Pic2