The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Ruling Family of Dubai (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/)
-   -   Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/engagement-of-cp-hamdan-to-sh-sheikha-bint-saeed-bin-thani-al-maktoum-dec-2008-a-19517.html)

Huda 12-23-2008 01:39 PM

Engagement of CP Hamdan to Sh. Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum: Dec 2008

HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum: engaged today to Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum. :wub:

Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sheikha Sheikha's mother are sisters (Sheikha Hind and Shiekha Hissah) that is maen Hamdan and Sheikha are cousin

brucantuosi 12-23-2008 02:16 PM

Jordan, where did you read that??

tee 12-23-2008 05:13 PM

^^^ Its on his website

https://www.fazza3.com/vb/f64/

Arisan 12-24-2008 04:41 AM

Congrats to both of them!

Also, Jordan or Tee can you translate what is says on the website?

What do we know about S.Sheikha bint Saeid? How old is she? Any photos? And when do they marry? I cannot imagine that they will have a long engagement...

Warren 12-24-2008 05:43 AM

There's nothing yet on the WAM or Gulf News websites about an engagement, nor does a Google search bring up anything.
It may be too early, or the news sites may be waiting for an official announcement.

Arisan 12-24-2008 08:13 AM

S.Hamdan's engagement

Quote:

There's nothing yet on the WAM or Gulf News websites about an engagement, nor does a Google search bring up anything.
It may be too early, or the news sites may be waiting for an official announcement.
Vis. the link to the forums posted by tee, from my limited Arabic, people seem to be leaving messages of congratulations. "Mabrouk" is the repeated phrase.

Quote:

Sheikh Hamdan's mother and Sheikha Sheikha's mother are sisters (Sheikha Hind and Shiekha Hissah) that is maen Hamdan and Sheikha are cousin
Thanks Jordan. Who is her father? Is he a Maktoum or a Nahyan?

tee 12-24-2008 08:23 AM

I dont know if its true or not. Everyone got their story from that messageboard. It could be a lie. Its not even on the frontpage of hamdan's website.

And as someone said since Wam has not reported it, this could be one of the millions of rumors that, he is engaged. (Some are already saying its not true). I dont speak arabic too. Use google translate.

Rossina 12-24-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan (Post 871504)

OK ! .... congratulations :smile::flowers:

Princess Mahala 12-25-2008 03:32 AM

:smile: this is translations from his website forum from the "Executive Management":*
Quote:

Tuesday, the twenty-fifth of Dhul Hijjah 1429 Hijri, the twenty-third of December of 2008 assumed

Advanced management forums Fsaa highest congratulations and blessings to His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai

The occasion of getting engaged to a decent, Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Thani

He wishes for a happy life filled goodness, blessings and continued good health and happiness and Balrvae and boys

Dyarkm long and full of Balafrah and Delights
im not to sure how credible this is but heres some link:
Translated version of https://www.anhaar.com/ar/news/135/ARTICLE/3263/2008-12-24.html Formal engagement of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Bin Thani Al Maktoum ....

Goldenlake 12-25-2008 04:23 AM

If it is true, then congratulations to S.Hamdan! But I have doubts.

Rossina 12-25-2008 04:34 AM

I think its true ...

Warren 12-25-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Mahala
The occasion of getting engaged ... Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Thani

The Al Thani are the Ruling Family of Qatar.
This should read Sheikh Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum who is a member of the extended Ruling Family of Dubai.

This is how the translated link correctly reads:
Quote:

Formal betrothal Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum
However, there is nothing reported yet on
the WAM website
or Gulf News

Neutral 12-25-2008 07:08 AM

It's definitely true, congragulations to both!

QUEENECE29 12-25-2008 08:53 AM

Congratulations CP Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum & Sheika bint Saeid.

Have you any pict for Sheika Bint Saeid.

Turkish Delight 12-25-2008 10:09 AM

Congratulations to both of them!:flowers: I am really happy to hear that but I couldn't find any official article about the engagement.

Neutral,can you send the link please?

agami.pearl 12-25-2008 11:01 AM

Congratulations to both :D

jlova 12-25-2008 11:45 AM

Congratulations to Sheikh Hamdan and his Bride to be, i know that is a bit early but what can we expect of wedding??

Fatisse taleb 12-25-2008 01:57 PM

Yes it's true, congratulations to Hamdan and Sheikha. I found this picture on sheikh Rashid's website, she looks cute.

Congratulations to Sheikha Hessa Bint Mohamed too,the eldest daughter of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind, she will marry in 04/01/09 with the
nephew of her mother.:wub::wub:

. . . . . . . . . . .
ed by Warren: removed copyrighted picture attached as thumbnail.
The images on Sheikh Rashid's website and on Fazza3 are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without permission.

morhange 12-25-2008 02:29 PM

Her name is Sheikha? Wouldn't that be like a british princess named Princess Princess of Wales?

Schwalker 12-25-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 871827)
Her name is Sheikha? Wouldn't that be like a british princess named Princess Princess of Wales?

Given that theres a number of people named Earl, Lord or even king I think its a moot point..;)

Besides, Sheikh/a is mainly used as a title in the gulf, in other places its more similar to respectfull adresses like Don or perhaps Sir.

QUEENECE29 12-25-2008 05:07 PM

Official Date : 27 December 2008

Gekroonde Hoofden: Kroonprins Hamdan van Dubai en Shaikha Sheikha van Dubai zijn verloofd

houri 12-25-2008 05:58 PM

Congratulations to the Al-Maktoum :smile:

it is funny how I knew about the news, my mother told me that one of the al maktoum will marry I asked her who is ? :eek: be specific mom please
and she just said "I do not know just one of them" :biggrin:
so I said I will go to find the news in my beloved fourm " the royal fourm" :wub:

tee 12-25-2008 07:26 PM

is hamdan getting married or engaged?

Goldenlake 12-26-2008 02:51 AM

I think that this is just an engagement annoucement.

randomlyKeira 12-26-2008 03:02 AM

So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

Warren 12-26-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 871848)

I note this website has lifted the details of Sheikh Mohammed's children from the first post of this thread and copied much of it word for word.
I strongly suspect their engagement story has also been picked up from this thread. We appear to be the best source of Ruling Family news on the internet. :smile:

Still nothing on the WAM or Gulf News websites.

Arisan 12-26-2008 04:39 AM

Fatisse Taleb or Warren, can you please post a link to the photo of Sheikha? :flowers:

Warren 12-26-2008 06:17 AM

:previous:
The (small) picture was said to have come from Sheikh Rashid's website: www.sh-rashid.net
I've had a quick look but couldn't see it among the hundreds of photos of Rashid playing soccer; unfortunately there is no English language version of Rashid's site.
• Keep in mind that Sheikhs Hamdan and Rashid have a sister named Sheikha Sheikha so the chances of mistaken identity are increased.

tee 12-26-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomlyKeira (Post 871925)
So is the wedding on the 27th or is it the engagement lunch?

I think its just the engagement.

They might not get married for years.

Someone on Hamdan's website said she is 18 and was born 1990.
(I dont know how true, the story is).

Neutral 12-26-2008 08:27 AM

The 27th of December is the Men's lunch wedding ceremony of Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoums and not Sheikh Hamdans engagement ceremony as mentioned earlier. However the local Arabic radio stations and newspapers have been posting congragulating announcements from individuals and various companies in regard to Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammeds engagement.

*Deeply sorry for the previous misinformation

Turkish Delight 12-26-2008 11:18 AM

I think we will see articles from WAM , but like we all know Dubai Royals are different from European Royals. It's really hard to see marriages & engagements in media.

Between I think we can't see Sheikha's pic in media.She will be like Sheikha Hind.(First Lady of Dubai & Mother of S.Hamdan)

kingcat 12-26-2008 04:46 PM

We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

bettina 12-26-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcat (Post 872076)
We cant know now if she will be like Sh Hind :ermm:. Maybe she will be a public wife ?! NOBODY can say which way she will be.

Wise words ! Nobody knows. We just have to wait and see (and keep our fingers crossed). :lol:

Warren 12-27-2008 06:42 AM

A link was posted to Sheikh Rashid's website and what was stated to be a picture of Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed.
However, that part of the website is password-protected which means members cannot gain access to see the picture.

Rather than continuing with a succession of posts repeating what has already been said, I have removed the first post and all the "link doesn't work" posts.

Warren
Dubai moderator

ETA.. Please don't make posts stating "I want to see pictures of the bride".
If there are any pictures available, they will be presented here. If there are none, there will be nothing to see.

Thanks!

Mademoiselle Lilo 12-27-2008 09:53 AM

good news another royal Engagement :flowers:
congratulation to them:flowers::flowers:

Fien 12-27-2008 10:21 AM

If it's true congratualtion's to both...i'm new on the forum so hello everyone... i've been looking on this forum for a while and i like it... i heard from my friend in Dubai a long time ago that Sheikh Hamdan would get engaged to his mom sister daugther how the girl knew it i don't know... and i tought she was lying but now that i read it on the forum here it might be true.... i wish them all the best.

Sunshine1026 12-27-2008 02:46 PM

:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

Schwalker 12-27-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine1026 (Post 872307)
:flowers:Hi everyone! It is so good to be part of the royal forum and get the some information about the royal family.
Currently i am residing in UAE as i've heard that there is a double wedding in Al Maktoum family in December 2008...
How true it is?

Erm, there was a wedding ceremony yesterday...the mens wedding ceremony that is.

Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammad Al Maktoum and Shaikh Saeed Bin Dalmouk Bin Juma Al Maktoum..

https://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10270610.html

Welcome to the site by the way...;)

Fien 12-27-2008 04:32 PM

Thank you for the link it's nice to see how they dress... there is still no official news about Sheikh Hamdan engagement

Turkish Delight 12-27-2008 04:40 PM

Schwalker,thanks for the pics very much & I found the same pics.(Bigger pics)
Pic1 -- Pic2

Sunshine1026 12-28-2008 07:15 AM

thanks Schwalker:smile:... Shaikh Hamdan also got engaged on this month. Does it mean that he is also getting married this month?

Schwalker 12-28-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine1026 (Post 872571)
thanks Schwalker:smile:... Shaikh Hamdan also got engaged on this month. Does it mean that he is also getting married this month?

Im not sure Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammad got engaged at all. Theres just a rumour..:biggrin:

But if true, no..it might take year and years before a marriage is in place, if ever.

maryamii 12-29-2008 07:15 AM

sheikh hamdan got engaged and its official
he got engaged to his cousin shaikha shaikha bint saeed

Harold 12-29-2008 12:23 PM

I freely admit my ignorance about things such as marriage customs in the UAE. So, without intending any offense, would this have been an arranged marriage? Would Hamdan and Shaikha have had any say in it?

Sahar_eden 12-29-2008 12:49 PM

Hi everyone! Harold - yes they would ultimately have the final word on whether it would go ahead or not, but the marriage was most likely arranged by parents. Of course though, they'd spend time together (chaperoned probably) and decide if they liked each other or not.

It is true about Hamdan's engagement btw....

Fien 12-29-2008 12:49 PM

why people say it's official if there is no official news...

jlova 12-29-2008 10:20 PM

Brand New Video!!!

i think this is going to be one of many vids that fans are going to make about Sheikh Hamdans Engament!!!

PS: If anyone can traduce please the arabic part on it, please help us

YouTube - خطوبة ولي عهد دبي *مدان بن م*مد بن راشد آل مكتوم fazza3

And a Brand new Pic

سرى فكري وانا (فزّاع) والدنيا بهـا ضَجّـه on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

bettina 12-30-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 872961)
why people say it's official if there is no official news...

Very good question Fien. I guess it is because the Maktoums make no official announcements whatsoever so all we can do is predict/read the cards/gossip and hope something of it comes true. From a PR perspective it would be handy if the Dubai royals would become more open, but they don't want it. :nonono:

maryamii 12-30-2008 06:27 AM

its not gossip,,its true
they are engaged and all the dubaians kno abt it,,

Warren 12-30-2008 06:43 AM

The Al Maktoums may not make offcial announcements about family matters but the official newsagency WAM does. Both WAM and the Gulf News carried the reports of the wedding luncheon for Sheikha Hessa's fianc hosted by Sheikh Mohammed the other day. Neither agency has any report of Crown Prince Hamdan's engagement.

The only verifiable source we have for an engagement is an announcement on Sheikh Hamdan's website, fazza3, which has been posted at post 9. However, on planet-arabia.net a poster states it appeared on the message board part of fazza3 and could have been made by anyone. The other posts on planet-arabia relating to an engagement largely quote or repeat what has been posted here in The Royal Forums.

There is nothing else to be found. :question:

Fien 12-30-2008 10:57 AM

Well i think it's strange to say it's sure if there is no official news. I mean at least one of the newspapers and stuff can have it.
I heard from the girl 2 months ago he got engaged and i was like hmmm should i believe it is it true i didn't asked anyone here cause i tought if it's official it will be post here or on a website.. and now that people say it's true i was like how the girl knew it 2 months ago and u people know it now but no where we can find it officialy, i understand they don't have to give us story's about their private live but he is a prince... and i agree with Warren they did gave the official announcement about Sheikh Mohammed's daugther why not about the Crown prince..but maybe i'm seeing it in a wrong way..

Fatisse taleb 12-30-2008 06:06 PM

New picture of Sheikha Sheikha on Sheikh Hamdan's website when she was 10 years. I like it she looks cute...Congratulations to her she's a lucky girl.:wub::wub:

= = = = = = =

edited by Warren
As with the previous photo, this photo has also been removed because it is a copyrighted image. The fazza3 website is copyright-protected and directly posting the image here is ILLEGAL.
The photo could not be converted to a link because it was directly attached to the Forums as a thumbnail.
If it had been posted from an image-hosting site such as Photobucket the link could have been posted and members could have seen the photo.

Regina 12-30-2008 06:43 PM

Sheikha was indeed a lovely child. I would like to see a picture of how she looks nowadays, but I think we still have to wait a bit for it :smile:

miss b 12-30-2008 06:55 PM

oh my, she is a pretty girl, but she looks exactly like hamdan and his sisters. :ermm: i guess that is what happens when you marry your first cousin.

Fatisse taleb 12-30-2008 07:46 PM

yes she looks exactly like Hamdan's sisters...the same family AL MAKTOUM.

miss b 12-30-2008 08:04 PM

i realize that she is a maktoum, but i also realize that marrying your FIRST cousin can lead to birth defects. could he not have found a second or third cousin? it has been proven that marrying as close as first cousins can lead to problems with your children. i think marrying your mother's sister's child is just a little weird. in the background, i can hear the tune from the movie, "deliverance" being played. just my opinion.

tee 12-30-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss b (Post 873486)
i realize that she is a maktoum, but i also realize that marrying your FIRST cousin can lead to birth defects. could he not have found a second or third cousin? it has been proven that marrying as close as first cousins can lead to problems with your children. i think marrying your mother's sister's child is just a little weird. in the background, i can hear the tune from the movie, "deliverance" being played. just my opinion.

In the UAE, a test is required before cousins can marry, Its a requirement. It might look strange to you, but at the end of the day its their culture.

brucantuosi 12-31-2008 03:54 PM

Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikha Hind are first cousins and I see zero defects in Sheikh Hamdan

jcbcode99 12-31-2008 04:15 PM

He's marrying his first cousin? While I don't see the health benefits of intermarriage, I respect their customs.
He is a handsome man and she is a lovely woman. They will (hopefully) have beautiful and healthy children together.

Turkish Delight 12-31-2008 06:22 PM

Of course,marriage with cousins is their culture,I respect that but,I also have to say that it's very unhealty.

Arisan 01-01-2009 03:12 PM

Who is her father? It's not Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum al Maktoum?? (Isn't he 32 years old?) :ermm::ermm::ermm:

tee 01-01-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisan (Post 874095)
Who is her father? It's not Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum al Maktoum?? (Isn't he 32 years old?) :ermm::ermm::ermm:

It is not him. Her full name is Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani al Maktoum

magnik 01-01-2009 05:56 PM

So they're cousin from their mothers and his father's side.

pupo 01-01-2009 07:19 PM

There is an extremely high rate of certain birth defects in Saudia and the Gulf states because of the high internecine marriage rate. One test isn't going to cover all the defects; maybe certain ones.

cd_1 01-02-2009 07:48 AM

can someone please guide me as to how to see the picture since i cant read Arabic and i get lost when i get to his website..

Fien 01-02-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd_1 (Post 874349)
can someone please guide me as to how to see the picture since i cant read Arabic and i get lost when i get to his website..

yeah same for me can someone help me too..i used to know arabic but not anymore i did find pic's of hamdan

nm62 01-02-2009 07:03 PM

I have a feeling that as sh. hamdan has almost completed 1 year as crown prince, he will be getting promoted or will be given more responsibilities very sooooon.

Princess Mahala 01-02-2009 07:51 PM

i think a good trick for fazza3 websites (or any sites) is to hold mousr over the buttons, dont click, just holdover and read your loading bar at bottom of the page it should be english what the pages for. then from there i just randomly click files :whistling:. or you can just use this link: ;)

Translated version of https://fazza3.com/gallery

Goldenlake 01-03-2009 11:22 PM

Thanks for the link Princess Mahala. There is some really good pictures there.

azrayy 01-08-2009 01:43 PM

I dont believe that Sheikh Hamdan is engaged since there is no offical annoucement. I read thousands of time on the fazaa website that Hamdan married or engaged with different cousins on the past and turned out not true. Sheikh Hamdan's engagement is a big event on Dubai and if it would be true annaoucement will replaced on the WAM.

LadyLove 01-08-2009 05:45 PM

Every time I see that there's a new post to this thread tony Braxtons "unbreak my heart" comes to mind.... :wub:I'm a silly girl....:rofl: any who I wont believe it until there's an official press release.

freak82 01-08-2009 07:14 PM

is there any way to find out if this engagement is actually happening or not?

tee 01-08-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLove (Post 877337)
Every time I see that there's a new post to this thread tony Braxtons "unbreak my heart" comes to mind.... :wub:I'm a silly girl....:rofl: any who I wont believe it until there's an official press release.

Does the UAE release a statement about engagments or weddings if there is no party?
They did not release a statement when Hamdan's sister Sheikha sheikha got engaged to Sheikh Nasser (thats if the story of their engagment is true).

tee 01-08-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak82 (Post 877353)

I think only those living in the UAE and can speak Arabic might really know.

Goldenlake 01-08-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak82 (Post 877353)

I don't think there is. The Al Maktoum family seems to be very private about their affairs. There has been posts that say that the people of Dubai knew that Sh. Hamdan was engaged for a month or so now. Though whether that is true or not is up for question.

monchichi 01-10-2009 01:20 PM

There will be an offical announcement about the wedding cermony. Its not common to announce engagements.

Neutral 01-15-2009 06:11 AM

Though publicly announced, it's not part of the engagements and weddings customs of the UAE that engagments are officially announced.

Zowye 01-15-2009 08:03 PM

Congrats to him and her ( she sure was a cute kiddo) if the translations and the information provided proof to be correct. But like some folks her cousin marrying cousins not even once or or 2nd generation but cousin cousin in the long term can ( I hope this will not be their case and wish them good luck) signify birth or some called them congenital effects. Anyway I still wish them good luck and hopefully it won't occur to them regardless of what science says may God bless them! >_<

maxine256 01-16-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Mahala (Post 874676)
i think a good trick for fazza3 websites (or any sites) is to hold mousr over the buttons, dont click, just holdover and read your loading bar at bottom of the page it should be english what the pages for. then from there i just randomly click files :whistling:. or you can just use this link: ;)

Translated version of https://fazza3.com/gallery

thanks very much Princess Mahala the site has been helpful i mean your translated version .

The-Princess 01-29-2009 11:49 AM

So he is for sure engaged?
no rumors?

jlova 01-29-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Princess (Post 885995)
no rumors?

Well have to wait if there any wedding. i asume that this royal wedding is going to be a huge celebration as the Sh. Mowedding whit Sheikha Hind was.

dazzling 01-30-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Princess (Post 885995)
no rumors?

Yes, it was mentioned on his website.

hidayah 01-30-2009 11:06 AM

anyway..congrats for H.H. Sheikh Hamdan engagement..heartbroken..huhhuh

LadyLove 01-30-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 886260)
Yes, it was mentioned on his website.

But, but, but, but are you sure?:nonono: It was after all mentioned on his websites forums and that's hardly a reliable source....

JuStMeEeEe 01-31-2009 09:21 AM

Yes, Hamdan is engaged.

Fien 01-31-2009 09:58 AM

I have to agree with LadyLove how come people in UAE say it's true? Was it written in a magazine? i mean the person who wrote it on the forum could be anyone right? And should we believe people on forums/website saying the truth?
I still have my doubts... probably he is engaged but no one knows and people are just assuming things i think no one know for sure.. cause if i have to believe my friend from UAE he was engaged long time 2 times one time he reject and said he didn't want to be engaged with the girl anymore and they break up...

zabeel123 01-31-2009 03:09 PM

well yes, it hasnt been published or anything but you have to understand in dubai all "known" families talk(quietly of course lol) and it is mostly mothers and grandmothers and they are usually more reliable then any source that i know. i also have to say it is known he is engaged but so many young people in dubai get engaged(not only maktoums) and not all of them get married.

Fien 02-01-2009 08:01 AM

well thank you for the explenation finally i understand it a bit now:clap:

hidayah 02-01-2009 09:53 AM

hope Sheikh Hamdan married bcuz of love....

Lanalique 02-01-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidayah (Post 887306)

We have one song in Russian and it says that "Royals can do anything except love-match (marry the one they love). Well, maybe it's sad but true. Being the member of the royal family is very hard because you have the responsibilities and duties before your family and the whole country. I believe there are some rules that can't be broken, especially by the Crown Prince.
I have a sense that Hamdan willl marry a girl from Al Maktoum family when he'll be 30 years old, like his father.

Well, at least maybe it's not so bad. I read one scientific psychology research about man-woman relationships in Arabic countries. And it says that in classical old tradition man can tell about the girl as a future bride to his parents because he has just a special interest in her. If their parents arrange for engagement, they can meet and during the meeting the sympathy to each other can appear but love can arise only after wedding.
So it's different understanding of love.
I know that there's some things like "love at first sight" but it's soo unreal to find your all time love just looking into eyes...it happens but very rarely.

I hope you understands me, tell me if I'm wrong. Arabian people can know better.

ps.Though maybe Hamdan feels himself not so conservative and can date someone in secret despite the fact that it's forbidden...we can't say exactly. His private life is only his private life .

Fien 02-01-2009 01:07 PM

you said it correct the last sentence it's his private life and it's really hard to be a royal many people think they have a easy life but they dont! 'm a muslim too and my family asked us many times what's love? Love will happen when you married with each other and then you'll find out what love is..
I hope he's happy...

Zowye 02-02-2009 12:00 AM

I agree with you but I have to add regarding love. Love will happened regardless if you are married or not to the person that you are willing to e together in sickness, poorness, physical changes ( due to bad habits or to heatlh issues) or something that God ( Allah's test you upon you bond) if you make it through married or not and you are still together congrats. I hope Hamdan as well all of my muslim and other religions marry the one they love and discover it before and dare and go upon the ultimate step with marriage. Is better to be marry in love yet this may not apply in some cases love can blossom anywhere. That what makes more interesting :flowers:

USCtrojan 03-02-2009 12:35 AM

interesting... well congrats to the happy couple if they are truly happy and what not. it is always exciting to hear that one is engaged. hopefully for the right reasons. i just hope there are feelings of some sort there and it will be a happy union for both.

maog 03-02-2009 01:28 AM

Lanalique thanks for clarifying the doubt. For me is sad :sad:, but it's must be of this way:ermm:

Lanalique 03-02-2009 03:34 PM

So...if we have broght up this topic again...any news? parties? invitations?This engagement rumours broke out like a flame and made a big hype. And now it's quiet. Why? It's better to know the truth then reading information from the net.

Ok, if that's true and some forums are true too, so that's the pictures of young Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed:
when she was young
very young :)
a teen I suppose
I think she hasn't changed much ))

Schwalker 03-02-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidayah (Post 887306)

Being an UAE royal hes expected to marry either other royals or first cousins.

Lindinha856 03-03-2009 09:41 AM

hello everyone...i am new here in this forum but i have been reading all about the royals world wide and i really enjoy doing it...=)
As i read here about CP Hamdan's engagement i am a little confused i dont know how things work in the middle east when comes do relationships. I have seen pics of CP hamdan lately and i don't see any engagement ring in his hand...Usually when u're engaged dont u wear a ring?? =/
How do people know for sure that he's engaged?? was it reported in WAM?

dazzling 03-03-2009 10:06 AM

Welcome Lindinha !
Men in the Gulf dont usually wear engagement rings nor wedding rings. The engagement was mentioned on Sheikh Hamdans official website. If you start from post 1 of this thread you can read about it.

Fien 03-03-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanalique (Post 902178)
So...if we have broght up this topic again...any news? parties? invitations?This engagement rumours broke out like a flame and made a big hype. And now it's quiet. Why? It's better to know the truth then reading information from the net.

Ok, if that's true and some forums are true too, so that's the pictures of young Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed:
when she was young
very young :)
a teen I suppose
I think she hasn't changed much ))

Thanks for the pics she looks really pretty!

But i still have doubts:)

Warren 03-04-2009 09:14 AM

Posts speculating about CP Hamdan's "taste in women" and other irrelevant posts have been removed.

Warren
Dubai moderator