The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Princess Desiree and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/princess-desiree-and-family-current-events-part-1-march-2003-a-191.html)

Josefine 03-01-2003 05:00 PM

Princess Desiree and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 -

10 Attachment(s)
Princess Désirée Elisabeth Sibylla
born June 2. 1938
married: June 5. 1964 with Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld
(has the title Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld)

their son: Carl Otto Edmund, born March 22.. 1965
their daughter: Christina Louise , born September 29. 1966
their daughter: Hélène Ingeborg, born September 20. 1968

picture from www.corbis.com

Sweden's Baby Princess.
Sweden's Princess Sibylla shows her baby daughter Princess Desiree in a bassinet for the first official portrait of the baby.

Royalty Attending the Amaranther Ball
Original caption: Royal Ribbons 'N' Beaux. Stockholm ,Sweden: Wearing their royal ribbons, Swedish Princesses Margaretha (second from left) and Desiree (second from right) are flanked by their beaux Mr. John Ambler (left) and Baron Niclas Silfverschiold (right). The regal foursome attended the traditional Swedish Amaranther Ball, which was held in Stockholm.

Princess Desiree With Bouquet
Original caption: Great-Grand Daughters of King Gustaf of Sweden Attendd Flag Day Parade in Stockholm. Stockholm, Sweden: The little Swedish princesses, the youngest generation of the Swedish Royal Family, took part in a ceremonial function. They are the great-grand daughters of King Gustaf and the parade they attended at the traditional Flag Day ceremony at the Stockholm Stadium, in which various Swedish youth groups were represented. Princess Desiree, King Gustaf's great-grand daughter at the Flag Day ceremony at Stockholm Stadium. June 14, 1945.

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Josefine 09-10-2003 06:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Prinsessan Desirée med barnen Carl , Hélène och Tina 1970-tal

Prinsessan Desirée och Niclas Silfverschiöld 1995

Prinsessan Desirée, 1970-tal

GrandDuchess 07-07-2004 03:28 PM

New niece or nephew for The King - Princess Désirée to become grandmother again!

The King's sister Princess Désirée & her husband Baron Silfvershiöld's daughter Tina is expecting her third child with her husband Hans de Geer.

Tina, 38, and Hans, 41, married in 1999 and currently have two children: Estelle (born 2000) and Ian (born 2002).

The new baby is due in September, just in time for the couple's 5th wedding anniversary. So Princess Désirée will once again become grandmother!

Tina told Svensk Damtidning:

- I’m feeling very well and we are so happy about what is awaiting!

- The siblings think that this is going to be fun. Big sister Estelle is convinced it will be a little sister, but if she is right, it will be a surprise.

GrandDuchess 09-29-2004 12:57 PM

Baroness Tina de Geer af Finspång, daughter of Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, gave birth to her third child (a baby boy!) on 16 September. Congratulations to her and her husband - and to grandmother Désirée!

GrandDuchess 02-16-2005 09:46 AM

A few days ago, Svenska Dagbladet had an annoucement of a Carl Silfverschiöld listed - and now I have gotten it confirmed through Svensk Damtidning:

Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld and Baron Niklas Silfverschiöld's oldest child Baron Carl has become engaged to a Maria Fredriksson. Princess Désirée told Svensk Damtidning that the family is delighted, and that they like her very much. Apparently this Maria Fredriksson is already a mother of two and comes from Stockholm. No wedding date has been set, but the magazine is saying around the summer probably will be the case. Baron Carl will one day fully take over the estate of Koberg Castle after his father.

Lena 02-16-2005 09:50 AM

Great news! So we get to see pics of the SRF at the wedding next summer.

"already a mother of two"...I bet Carl is more than happy, that his mother isn´t Queen of Sweden... ;)

mixer2002de 02-16-2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
"already a mother of two"...I bet Carl is more than happy, that his mother isn´t Queen of Sweden... ;)

What do you mean by that? Mette Marit also was mother of a son! So whats the problem? What has that to do with his mother not beeing the Queen of Sweden? If the Norwegians can handle something like that why shouldn't the Swedes be unable to do so?
I think it would be ok if the Crown princess Victoria would marry a man who brings up a child alone so far, too.

Lena 02-17-2005 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixer2002de
What do you mean by that? Mette Marit also was mother of a son! So whats the problem? What has that to do with his mother not beeing the Queen of Sweden? If the Norwegians can handle something like that why shouldn't the Swedes be unable to do so?
I think it would be ok if the Crown princess Victoria would marry a man who brings up a child alone so far, too.

We are both no monarchists. But in the opposite to you I try a bit to understand the point of view of (most) monarchists. I also have no problem with MM´s past. I like MM (for many things...most of all for her big heart) and I think her little son is a cute and well-educated boy.
But fact is also, that many ppl still turn up their noses at Mette Marit (mostly because of the drug-story, but also because of the illegitimate child). I would say ppl also measure Royals and non-Royals with double standards. While in Scandinavia a lot of children are born out of wedlock, many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children). Of course you can also win the hearts as "Mette Marit" and I think she has won already a lot, but you have to be a very strong personality. And not everyone is able to fight against windmills.
In other words, when you want to become welcomed like a Mary Donaldson, then a child out of wedlock is (IMO) a "disadvantage".

mixer2002de 02-17-2005 08:56 AM

Quote:

We are both no monarchists. I would say ppl also measure Royals and non-Royals with double standards. While in Scandinavia a lot of children are born out of wedlock, many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children).
In other words, when you want to become welcomed like a Mary Donaldson, then a child out of wedlock is (IMO) a "disadvantage".

Well then there is just one conclusion for me: Most Scandinavian monarchists are stupid. Double standards are unfair. If they expect others to live a "traditional" life they should do so too. I agree that it would be not ok if a royal would marry a criminal or a former in mate of jail. But thats something completley different and not the topic. As you said its common to have children without beeing married in Scandinavia. I agree on that it would be better that a child would be raised by the parents together. But if one parent marries someone else then the biological father/mother i think it would be more than nonsense to hand away a child because of that. If that would happen this would be a real reson to be upset! :(

susan alicia 02-17-2005 10:11 AM

Lena,

I agree with some of what you say but

Quote:

But in the opposite to you I try a bit to understand the point of view of (most) monarchists.

I do not think you have a way of knowing that your effort to understand the point of view of others is greater than his,
he would not be on this website if he was not interested in the views of others, monarchists and others. (of course the pictures are fun too)

many ppl want their Royals to live their lives the traditional way (engagement-> wedding with first real kiss-> children).

I have no way of knowing this but I think that the only royals who do not kiss ("first real kiss") before their wedding are the Belgian Royals.
I imagine that all other european royals jump into bed together before marriage.

Lena 02-17-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan alicia
Lena,

I agree with some of what you say but

I have no way of knowing this but I think that the only royals who do not kiss ("first real kiss") before their wedding are the Belgian Royals.
I imagine that all other european royals jump into bed together before marriage.

Well, I´m not so naive to believe the "virgin-lie" ;) But we also don´t have evidences. I would compare it to Royals saying, that they love their jobs so much, and that they love it, because they meet so many nice and interesting ppl. We can imagine that this isn´t always true, but we want believe and we don´t think much about how it really is, or do we?

Why do you know that with the belgian Royals?

susan alicia 02-17-2005 10:36 AM

Lena,

you do not read carefully,

I started the sentence with "I have no way of knowing this etc.......

(this has nothing to do with desiree, liked the book of a.selinko by the way)

Quote:

Well, I´m not so naive to believe the "virgin-lie" ;) But we also don´t have evidences. I would compare it to Royals saying, that they love their jobs so much, and that they love it, because they meet so many nice and interesting ppl. We can imagine that this isn´t always true, but we want believe and we don´t think much about how it really is, or do we?

Why do you know that with the belgian Royals?

Lena 02-17-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan alicia
Lena,

you do not read carefully,

I started the sentence with "I have no way of knowing this etc.......

(this has nothing to do with desiree, liked the book of a.selinko by the way)

Yes, true...haven´t read the first part, sorry :o Then I change the question: why do you believe the belgian Royals are different?

susan alicia 02-17-2005 10:42 AM

female intuition

Quote:

Yes, true...haven´t read the first part, sorry :o Then I change the question: why do you believe the belgian Royals are different?

HMQueenElizabethII 06-01-2005 02:50 AM

Tomorrow 2/6 is the Princess's birthday.Happy birthday to her with all the best wishes.

mandyy 01-06-2006 01:08 AM

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan hosted Princess Desiree and her husband for dinner at the Imperial Residence in Tokyo on Dec. 12, 2005.
Photo from Kunaicho website

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...63&d1136375554

GrandDuchess 01-06-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyy
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan hosted Princess Desiree and her husband for dinner at the Imperial Residence in Tokyo on Dec. 12, 2005.
Photo from Kunaicho website

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...63&d1136375554

How lovely, thank you mandyy for posting! I wonder what the occasion was, if any, and why they were in Japan... Perhaps a special holiday or something...

Royalsa 07-12-2006 02:48 PM

Princess Désirée will be grandmother again!

According this week´s magazine Svensk Damtidning Baroness Maria Silfverschiöld, wife of Princess Désiree´s son Baron Carl Silfverschiöld, is in the fourth month. She have herself told a journalist of the magazine. Maria Silfverschiöld is 41 years old and have already two sons from a previous relationship.

Sourche: The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

sjetajiem 12-20-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royalsa
Princess Désirée will be grandmother again!

According this week´s magazine Svensk Damtidning Baroness Maria Silfverschiöld, wife of Princess Désiree´s son Baron Carl Silfverschiöld, is in the fourth month. She have herself told a journalist of the magazine. Maria Silfverschiöld is 41 years old and have already two sons from a previous relationship.

Sourche: The Scandinavian Royals Message Board

Baroness Maria Silfverschioeld gave birth to a healthy baby girl on December 13th 2006.
The names will be announced at the christening in a few months.
The baby is the second granddaughter and the fourth grandchild of Princess Desiree and baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Two grandsons Ian and Fred and one granddaughter Estelle are the children of Desiree and Niclas's daughter Baroness Christina de Geer and her husband Baron Hans de Geer.

Maria's sons are Lars and Peder.

Source: Marlene on Royals-Portal

Next Star 12-21-2006 09:22 PM

Congratulations to the happy couple and the rest of the family now they have a new little member in their family.

magnik 12-22-2006 03:49 PM

Congratulations to the young parents and to all family.

sjetajiem 02-03-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjetajiem
Baroness Maria Silfverschioeld gave birth to a healthy baby girl on December 13th 2006.
The baby is the second granddaughter and the fourth grandchild of Princess Desiree and baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Two grandsons Ian and Fred and one granddaughter Estelle are the children of Desiree and Niclas's daughter Baroness Christina de Geer and her husband Baron Hans de Geer.

And her name will be: ANNA Margaretha Sybilla Desiree.

carljohan 05-31-2009 03:11 PM

Today the princess husband turns 75! Lots of congratulations to him!

Desiree~ 07-31-2009 05:48 PM

Princess Desiree is so clasy
i wonder if there are more recent pics of her

JSP 07-03-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjetajiem (Post 550253)

Which Fred ? By whom ?
AFAIK, Critina has a son and a daughter Ian-Carl and Estelle and Carl has a daughter Anne-Margareth

Does anybody has pictures of Cristina and Helen Silverschiold at Victoria's wedding ?

Thanks in advance.

sjetajiem 10-17-2010 05:52 PM

Some updates about princess Desiree's family:
Christina Louise= Tina de Geer has two sons Ian Carl (20-2-2002) and Fred (16-9-2004) and one daughter Estelle (14-9-2000). She is married to Baron Hans de Geer
Carl has one daughter Anna Margaretha (13-12-2006).
Helene has a relation with Henrik Dieterle.

sjetajiem 10-17-2010 05:54 PM

Carl and Maria, Tina and Hans de Geer and Helene and Henrik Dieterle were at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel

LadyFinn 06-02-2013 05:27 AM

Princess Désirée has her 75th birthday today, article about that in Svensk Damtidning.
Prinsessan Désirée firar 75 år Svensk Damtidning
Translation

LadyFinn 01-18-2014 02:04 PM

The police have arrested a man and a woman, tenants at Gåsevadholm, second estate of Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld and his wife Princess Désirée.
In a building that the couple have leased from the estate the police found narcotics: amphetamin, cocain, ecstasy, worth 10 million SEK (1 million EUR). In the couple's car they found 400 000 SEK (40 000 EUR) in cash. The man in question has been previously convicted for similar crimes.
It's about one of the castle's tenants and has nothing to do with the actual estate, says Torsten Raihle, manager at Gåsevadholm.
Carl Silfverschiöld, the son of Désirée and Niclas said that of course he thinks what happened is unfortunate.
Désirée and Niclas live at the Koberg Castle.
Knarkbeslag vid prinsess-slottet GT
Translation

LadyFinn 05-31-2014 02:16 AM

Princess Désirée's husband, baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, celebrates today his 80th birthday.

ursulajohanna 06-07-2014 01:46 PM

Is that right that Princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silverschiöld had Golden Wedding on 5th June 2014?
Wasn't any celebration with her family and brother Carl Gustaf?

And no information about 80th birthday celebration on 31st May?

LadyFinn 06-07-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursulajohanna (Post 1673686)
Is that right that Princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silverschiöld had Golden Wedding on 5th June 2014?
Wasn't any celebration with her family and brother Carl Gustaf?

And no information about 80th birthday celebration on 31st May?

No information about any celebrations at either birthday or golden wedding.
I hope to see princess Désirée and baron Silfverschiöld tomorrow at the christening.

LadyFinn 01-02-2015 02:00 AM

Article about princess Désirée at Expressen, continues the articles of the Haga princesses.
Prinsessan smakfull står inte i rampljuset Dokument Expressen
Translation

LadyFinn 04-24-2015 04:31 AM

A painting of princess Désirée, painted in 1994, painter Signe von der Esch. The painting is now at the exhibition "Signerat Signe von der Esch" at Hallwylska Museet until 7th June.
Signerade Signe von der Esch - Hallwylska museet

The other portrait is of Tom Wachtmeister.

LadyFinn 12-28-2015 03:31 PM

Princess Désirée and her husband Niclas Silfverschiöld at a Book Fair in Kobergsgården on 22nd November.
https://iloapp.birgittafernstrom.se/b...1448909174.jpg
https://iloapp.birgittafernstrom.se/b...1448909175.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=5711726C
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a8&oe=56D5BF15

LadyFinn 09-04-2016 04:30 AM

Princess Désirée unveiled the bronze statue of queen Margareta Eriksdotter Leijonhufvud, the second wife of king Gustav Vasa, on 6th June at Gräfsnäs Castle Park in Alingsås. Also her husband baron Niclas Silfverschiöld attended.
https://www.facebook.com/Antik%C3%B6...36191969804322

JessRulz 04-12-2017 04:15 AM

Posts regarding the death of Baron Niclas has been moved to a new thread:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-42137.html

LadyFinn 06-25-2017 07:32 AM

Svensk Damtidning had in of beginning of May an interview of Maria Silfverschiöld, the ex-wife of baron Carl Silfverschiöld. The interview was done a couple of days before Maria and hers and Carl's daughter Anna travelled to South Africa, at least for three months. And if they would have good time there, they could stay longer. Maria's friend lives just outside Cape Town and she and Anna stay there. The interview was obviously done before the death of Niclas Silfverschiöld, because it wasn't mentioned at the interview.
Maria is the ceo and founder of Koberg Vilt. Koberg Vilt develop and refine meat of freerange game. Distribution is made directly from the estate to restaurants and retailers all over Sweden and on special demand in Europe. They have a farm shop at Koberg.
Maria is also the Head of design and founder of Icenrd. They develop apparel and products for the selective ice skaters with requirements on function and quality.
Maria designs also clothes for herself.
At the short interview Maria told about her designing and her favourite sports. She loves adventures and sailboarding, mountain climbing, triathlon and skiing.

LadyFinn 12-16-2017 04:30 AM

The inventory of fortune done after the death of baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, tells also that princess Désirée's wealth is about SEK 54 million. Princess Désirée's, who lives in Koberg Castle in Västergötland, biggest assets are in Handelsbanken and SEB. Securities and cash funds amount to just over SEK 50 million. Princess Désirée also has assets in the form of a property in Mallorca. It is at the inventory estimated with worth just over two million, with personal property of SEK 75,000.
Unlike her sister Birgitta, living in Mallorca and who tells in interviews warmly about Mallorca, Désirée's apartment ownership is more unknown and nothing she has spoken much about.
Princess Désirée has given very few interviews in her life and it is therefore difficult to say how she has provided herself through the years. Her final tax report shows that she had a modest acquisition income in recent years - about SEK 85,000 per year. One year, however, expires - 2013 - when the income amounted to SEK 4.8 million.
Treasurer of the Royal Court Jan Lindman says that princess Désirée has no financial support in the form of apanage or such from the court.
- No, nothing at all.
Expressen has sought Princess Désirée without success.
Prinsessan Désirée god för 50 miljoner kronor _ Kungligt _ Expressen

LadyFinn 01-10-2018 12:19 PM

Hélène Silfverschiöld and Fredrik Dieterle at an event organized by Caroline Svedbom, Maruschka de Margò and Ahlvar Gallery at Hotel Diplomat some weeks ago.
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/...17-700x913.jpg

LadyFinn 06-02-2018 01:30 AM

Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, celebrates today her 80th birthday.

At an article in Svensk Damtidning it is said that princess Margaretha had her 80th birthday party at the Royal Palace and princess Birgitta at Drottningholm Palace. How the royal family celebrates princess Désirée's 80th birthday? Will it be something similar?
- There will be a celebration - but how it's private, said Margareta Thorgren.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Svensk Damtidning wrote previously that all Haga princesses Margaretha, Birgitta, Désirée and Christina attend at Adrienne's christening, because the king is planning the celebration of the big sister Désiree the day after the christening. According to Svensk Damtidning princess Désirée is will be away her 80th birthday today and it is therefore a very good time to celebrate her in connection with the christening when the entire royal family is gathered.

LadyFinn 06-03-2018 02:57 PM

Princess Birgitta told to Expressen, that princess Désirée celebrated her 80th birthday with her whole family in Venice, she was there for three days, and is coming home tonight.
Her birthday coincided this year with Princess Madeleine's friend "Lussans" wedding, where the royal family was present. But Princess Désirée will also be celebrated by the family this coming week. That's when Adrienne's christening takes place.
- We will see her this week around the christening, and then we'll celebrate her instead. There will be no bigger event, more than we see and have a nice time. She does not want to be celebrated, and then you have to accept it. We are siblings, above all, says Princess Birgitta.
Also the king?
- Obviously he does it somehow, but I can not answer that right now. It may be somewhat spontaneous.
The diretor of the press department, Margareta Thorgren tells that the celebration of Princess Désirée takes place privately.
- It is clear that the King and other royal families pay attention to the 80th anniversary of Désirée in different ways. In detail, I can not comment because it is a completely private celebration, she says, continuing.
- If Princess Désirée comes to the christening, which I can not comment on because the guest list is released the day before, then it is clear that the king will celebrate his sister then.
Så firas Hagasessan Desirées 80-årsdag

Somebody 06-03-2018 03:18 PM

Hopefully, we'll get another siblings picture from the belated birthday celebration.

JR76 06-03-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2118853)
Hopefully, we'll get another siblings picture from the belated birthday celebration.

It would be a treat if we did. The one at Birgitta's birthday was a lovely surprise but poor Christina clearly looked unwell to me.

LadyFinn 06-03-2018 11:14 PM

Expressen's royal expert Karin Lennmor writes in her chronicle about princess Désirée.

Secret Princess Désirées Millions
Lennmor writes that she is better off in the kitchen and bakes than being a princess.
But Désirée is just a princess - and had star status during her birth.
Now she has withdrawn into a more anonymous life. Today she is 80 years old and spends her birthday as a widow.
Lennmor writes also that it should not be forgotten that the Haga Princesses had in the 40s and 50s almost reached the star status. They were extremely popular and rewritten. Désirée was the cool, beautiful and most queenlike.
There are few who know, but there were plans to try to get her together with King Constantin of Greece in the late 50's, then she would have been queen ...
Now, some Greger Lewenhaupt came in between ... Désirée had found the great love in him. Greger went under nickname Teddy and was big brother to "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, who eventually became good friend with the king. The boys lived on Gäddeholm's estate.
It could have been Désirée and Greger - but in 1960 he died in a dramatic ski accident, just 22 years old.
Désirée was of course broken down. But after a year, she met baron Niclas Silfverschiöld. Désirée was a friend of his sister Irma.
Niclas and Désirée had three children: Carl, Christina and Heléne. She has also many grandchildren who are very close to her.
She took care about her castle, held dinners, loved to cook rhubarb pie, cared a lot about the children. Sometimes little brother came to visit - around Koberg, which lies outside Trollhättan, there are amazing hunting grounds.
The couple got 53 years old together before Niclas as 82 years old, fell asleep after a long illness in April last year.
The successorsof Niclas were the son of the couple, the two daughters, instead, inherit Désirée.
And it's no trouble for her, today's birthday child. With houses in Mallorca and total assets of over SEK 50 million, she is a woman who has it very well.
KARIN LENNMOR_ Hemliga prinsessan Désirées miljoner
Translation

LadyFinn 06-10-2018 12:34 AM

Svensk Damtidning writes that according to their information, the royal family celebrated princess Désirée's 80th birthday with a dinner at Haga Palace on Saturday. Princess Désirée had her birthday on 2nd June, but she was then in Venice with her children.
Svensk Damtidning has photos of king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia, princesses Margaretha, Birgitta and Désirée leaving Drottningholm Palace late in the afternoon. With them they had also princess Désirée's sister-in-law Irma Silfverschiöld. Since princess Christina lives in Stockholm, she and her husband Tord Magnuson went probably straight from there.
Svensk Damtidning has tried to contact Margareta Thorgren, but hasn't got an answer.
Prinsessan Désirées härliga 80-årsfest i Stockholm! _ Svensk Damtidning

Biri 06-10-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 2119003)
Expressen's royal expert Karin Lennmor writes in her chronicle about princess Désirée.

Secret Princess Désirées Millions
Lennmor writes that she is better off in the kitchen and bakes than being a princess.
But Désirée is just a princess - and had star status during her birth.
Now she has withdrawn into a more anonymous life. Today she is 80 years old and spends her birthday as a widow.
Lennmor writes also that it should not be forgotten that the Haga Princesses had in the 40s and 50s almost reached the star status. They were extremely popular and rewritten. Désirée was the cool, beautiful and most queenlike.
There are few who know, but there were plans to try to get her together with King Constantin of Greece in the late 50's, then she would have been queen ...
Now, some Greger Lewenhaupt came in between ... Désirée had found the great love in him. Greger went under nickname Teddy and was big brother to "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, who eventually became good friend with the king. The boys lived on Gäddeholm's estate.
It could have been Désirée and Greger - but in 1960 he died in a dramatic ski accident, just 22 years old.
Désirée was of course broken down. But after a year, she met baron Niclas Silfverschiöld. Désirée was a friend of his sister Irma.
Niclas and Désirée had three children: Carl, Christina and Heléne. She has also many grandchildren who are very close to her.
She took care about her castle, held dinners, loved to cook rhubarb pie, cared a lot about the children. Sometimes little brother came to visit - around Koberg, which lies outside Trollhättan, there are amazing hunting grounds.
The couple got 53 years old together before Niclas as 82 years old, fell asleep after a long illness in April last year.
The successorsof Niclas were the son of the couple, the two daughters, instead, inherit Désirée.
And it's no trouble for her, today's birthday child. With houses in Mallorca and total assets of over SEK 50 million, she is a woman who has it very well.
KARIN LENNMOR_ Hemliga prinsessan Désirées miljoner
Translation

So very sad she lost her first love in so tragic circumstances!
But she found happiness with her future husband.
As far as I know, they had only four grandchildren (one by Carl, three by Kristina-Lovisa; Helene is childless) and, for having three children, it's not so "many"; with three children one could expect six, seven, eight grandchildren

LadyFinn 06-21-2018 07:28 AM

Svensk Damtidning wrote earlier, that Victoria and Daniel hosted princess Désirée's 80th birthday party at Haga Palace. Princess Birgitta was celebrated with a black tie party at Drottningholm Palace, but princess Désirée had wished for something more relaxed, and it is rumoured that the birthday was celebrated with a barbecue party.

LadyFinn 10-14-2018 02:05 AM

Kungliga Magasinet's articles about princess Désirée's life and her children at their latest issue.
Baron Carl Silfverschiöld (born 22nd March 1965) has daughter Anna (born 2006) from his marriage with Maria Fredriksson, they have divorced. Carl is the ceo of Kobergs and Gåsevadholms Godsförvaltning and runs the Koberg Castle.
Baroness Christina de Geer (born 29th September 1966) married in 1999 baron Hans De Geer af Finspång, they have three children: Estelle (born 2000), Ian (born 2002) and Fred (born 2004). Christina, who is called Tina, works with marketing.
Baroness Hélène Silfverschiöld (born 20th September 1968), was princess Lilian's goddaughter. She was a bridesmaid at the king and queen's wedding and at prince Bertil and princess Lilian's wedding. Hélène runs Silfverschiöld Kommunikation, which among other things helps companies with annual reports. She is a co-owner of jewelry company Ever Silver. She lives together with consultant Fredrik Dieterle.

LadyFinn 06-14-2020 03:38 AM

Baron Carl Silfvershiöld is the chairman of Central Götaland Land Owners' Association. He attended on 4th February at the event "Brussels's impact on you as an individual farmer and forest user", which was a joint arrangement between The Federation of Swedish Farmers Western Götaland and the Central Götaland Land Owners' Association.
Bryssels påverkan på jord- och skogsbruket - LRF

A couple of days ago the Central Götaland Land Owners' Association sent a letter to the editor to Alingsås Tidning "Do not allow the bark beetle to take over the nature reserves", signed by Carl Silfverschiöld and the secretary of the Association.
Låt inte barkborren ta över naturreservaten _ Alingsås Tidning - Insändare

LadyFinn 06-21-2020 12:09 PM

Photo article of princess Désirée at Svensk Damtidning's latest issue

LadyFinn 07-06-2020 01:04 AM

Koberg Management (Koberg Förvaltning) has updated its website.
Koberg and Gåsevadholm are two separate properties in Västergötland and Halland that are co-managed by Koberg Förvaltning AB. With history as far back as the 1400s, here is a fantastic environment that offers many experiences.
The business is divided into six areas: Property Management, Hunting, Forestry, Gravel pit/quarry, Agriculture and Renewable Energy. In addition, land is managed in Latvia.
Koberg & Gåsevadsholm

The ceo of Koberg Förvaltning is Carl Silfverschiöld.
Koberg & Gåsevadsholm – Kontakt

"Royal job for the king's sister today"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCGT2hqJbxz/

LadyFinn 08-03-2020 11:59 PM

Koberg Förvaltning AB (Koberg Management) has an own Instagram account, where they post photos from Koberg and also from Gåsevadholm.
"Welcome to Koberg and Gåsevadholm which are two individual properties in Västergötland and Halland which are co-managed by Koberg Förvaltning AB.
Here we want to convey the fantastic surroundings that surround Koberg and Gåsevadholm and let you look into everyday life on the property."
https://www.instagram.com/kobergforvaltning/

LadyFinn 09-12-2020 03:56 PM

Princess Désirée is an old-school princess: she always has a low profile. But look here - a unique picture of her with Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine!
These are family relationships that discreet Désirée considers highly private. But to socialize - they do: Princess Désirée has a close and intimate relationship with the entire royal family, and she is the godmother of Crown Princess Victoria.
The Haga princesses also call each other every week, Princess Birgitta told Svensk Dam earlier this year.
Princess Désirée is the middle child of the royal sibling group and grew up in a time when royals were brought up to keep privacy out of the spotlight, and instead focus on their duties and official missions.
And she has a clear guideline that has followed her through life:
- I do not attach much importance to my princess title. In principle, I also think it is wrong to ride on origin and kinship, she has previously said in an interview.
Princess Désirée was celebrated at Haga
So when Princess Désirée turned eighty in June 2018 and was to be celebrated by the royal family, she did not choose a fancy tuxedo dinner at the Palace - but was instead celebrated with a very private barbecue at her goddaughter Crown Princess Victoria at Haga, the Palace where Désirée grew up.
And there you have it again - the close relationship between Désirée and Victoria. It's just that it is so rarely visible to the outside world!
Avslöjandet om prinsessan Désirée – efter alla år _ Svensk Dam

LadyFinn 10-04-2020 03:28 AM

Princess Désirée at her evening coat in 1967 at the wedding of Margrethe and Henrik

Princess Désirée at her evening coat in 2013 at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén

She has a 53-year-old coat - and she is known in the royal family for her ability to create the tastiest dinners from yesterday's leftovers. Princess Désirée, 82, has always been a role model when it comes to reusing and thinking sustainably. This is exactly the attitude that has characterized her everyday life throughout the years, she told Svensk Dam in one of her rare interviews:
- I'm financially well off. Actually almost a little silly that I should take advantage of everything. What you make from leftovers is almost always delicious and in the garden I always find something I can use, she then told our reporter.
- I find it easy to adapt. There is always something to laugh about, every day.
The same frugality principle applies to Princess Désirée on her clothes. She already wore this ivory-white evening coat in the raw silk at Queen Margrethe's wedding in 1967 - and it still hangs over the evening gown today.
Another example: When Grandpa King asked what 25-year-old Désirée wanted as a gift, she opted out of the proposed piece of jewelry: "Thank you, Grandpa, but I think Niclas needs a tractor instead." An easy choice for a practical-minded future castle lady, in the spring of 1964.
This deeply rooted idea of ​​sustainability is also something that Princess Désirée shares with her brother the king. At the Royal Palace, you never indulge in toil and waste, where you fix what can be repaired, and make sure that things are taken care of. And Crown Princess Victoria is also following in her aunt's footsteps, not least when it comes to taking care of food that has officially passed the best-before date.
Prinsessan Désirée – okända egenskapen som Victoria ärvt _ Svensk Dam

LadyFinn 06-02-2021 10:55 AM

Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, celebrates today her 83th birthday.
Svensk Damtidning's article
Så firas prinsessan Désirée av Hagasessorna och kungen _*Svensk Dam

Princess Désirée inaugurating SE-Banken at Drottningtorget in 1990, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...1/04/90_51.jpg

Princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silfverschiöld in 1989, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...2/1silverA.jpg

Princess Désirée at The Governor's New Year's reception in 1978, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...8/08/mott2.jpg

Princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silfverschiöld at exhibiton “Mot fjärran land” in Läckö in 1975, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...8/03/lacko.jpg

Princess Désirée at a fashion show in 1974, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...01/74_3037.jpg

Princess Désirée and baron Niclas Silfverschiöld in Koberg in 1974, photo by Roger Lärk.
https://www.rogerlark.se/wp-content/...02/74_3043.jpg

LadyFinn 08-20-2021 02:27 AM

During 2020, a popular swedish TV-serie "Vår tid är nu" was filmed at Gåsevadholm Castle, which is owned by princess Désirée's son baron Carl Silfverschiöld.