The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/which-countries-would-you-like-to-see-charles-and-camilla-visit-over-the-next-few-years-18977.html)

Tabby 11-11-2008 03:11 PM

I would like them to visit the U.S. -- more specifically, the Midwest (where I live!).

Pier Gerlofs Donia 11-11-2008 03:22 PM

I hope they'll visit the Netherlands!

Royal Fan 11-11-2008 03:54 PM

Shouthern USA were I Live!

Thomasine 11-18-2008 06:07 PM

They are most welcome to Norway! I would love to see them here.

muriel 11-19-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTruth (Post 849225)
As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France :biggrin:.

You are quite lucky, you have already had your wish granted!

muriel 11-19-2008 04:14 AM

I suspect we might see them visit the Euopean monrchies a bit more now. I think Charles' 60th bitthday was probably Camilla's first event with a large quotient of European royalty, no doubt pulled off with aplomb.

greek101 11-19-2008 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 849155)
It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.

I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.

Marlil 11-20-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greek101 (Post 855406)
I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.

Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.

muriel 11-20-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlil (Post 856053)
Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.

Theoretically thats right. In practice, its not difficult for the PoW to get invited to wherever he wants to go. He then has to play his cards carefully and seek government support for the trip.

jcbcode99 11-20-2008 09:53 AM

Well, as I live in Virginia and was here when HM The Queen came last year I would love to see Charles and Camilla come to my great state as well! I'm sure that President Elect will issue a gracious invitation as did President Bush and hopefully we will see them entertained at least in Washington with full ceremony (that means tiaras and orders!!)
I do agree that Charles and Camilla should visit Australia, and Africa certainly. Brazil could be interesting, and Spain, of course. It's a beautiful country and I can't think offhand of a time Charles has been, although I'm sure he has.

BellaFay 11-20-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbcode99 (Post 856073)
Well, as I live in Virginia and was here when HM The Queen came last year I would love to see Charles and Camilla come to my great state as well! I'm sure that President Elect will issue a gracious invitation as did President Bush and hopefully we will see them entertained at least in Washington with full ceremony (that means tiaras and orders!!)
I do agree that Charles and Camilla should visit Australia, and Africa certainly. Brazil could be interesting, and Spain, of course. It's a beautiful country and I can't think offhand of a time Charles has been, although I'm sure he has.

Charles has been a couple of times to Spain but only briefly in the 1990s & a few years ago for Felipe & Letizia's wedding. The last time he made a major tour to Spain was way back in 1987 when he greatly enjoyed his visit & he particularly impressed those he met with his charm and kindness - I was told this by someone then at the British ambassadorial residence.

muriel 11-25-2008 09:39 AM

I do thin a degree of engagement with South America would be interesting as well, perhaps linked in with a stop over in the Carribbean, in a few years from now. I can't remember the last time a senior member of the royal family travelled there.

CasiraghiTrio 11-25-2008 02:57 PM

^Didn't Charles and Camilla visit some Caribbean places in 2007?

Iluvbertie 11-25-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 858527)
^Didn't Charles and Camilla visit some Caribbean places in 2007?

Yes and he was criticised for the expense involved as per usual.

Lumutqueen 03-03-2009 12:52 PM

I would love for them to do a tour of Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania with Princes William and Harry.
And possible to coincide a tour of Tasmania with the Danish Crown Couple.
x

muriel 03-03-2009 01:51 PM

Jordan would be an interesting one, perhaps tied in with an tour of some Commomwealth states in the region.

Iluvbertie 03-04-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 902538)
I would love for them to do a tour of Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania with Princes William and Harry.
And possible to coincide a tour of Tasmania with the Danish Crown Couple.
x

I have many Tasmanian friends who, I am sure would like me to point out to you, that Tasmania is part of Australia. It is just a smaller island but very definitely part of the Commonwealth of Australia.

Jo of Palatine 03-04-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 902820)
I have many Tasmanian friends who, I am sure would like me to point out to you, that Tasmania is part of Australia. It is just a smaller island but very definitely part of the Commonwealth of Australia.

I think the point of the separate mentioning of Tasmania in connection with the Danish Royals is the fact that HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark is born a Tasmanian - though the child of Scots (back then her parents still had a British passport).

Iluvbertie 03-04-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 902835)
I think the point of the separate mentioning of Tasmania in connection with the Danish Royals is the fact that HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark is born a Tasmanian - though the child of Scots (back then her parents still had a British passport).


The first sentence refers to "Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania" in that order. That is clearly suggesting to me that the poster sees Tasmania as separate to Australia.

Had they said 'Australia and New Zealand' and then mentioned the wished for visit of the Crown Prince of Denmark to Tasmania at the same time as Charles and Camilla it would suggest that they are aware that Tasmania is part of Australia but by separating them in the first sentence it doesn't.

As for Charles and Camilla being here at the same time as Mary and Frederick - I don't think so. They would get no coverage as all the coverage would be on the 'Aussie' Crown Princess of Denmark, as happened when she and Frederick came here early in 2005 when Charles was also here in the weeks before his wedding to Camilla. I had to look very hard to find any coverage of Charles visit that year but Mary and Frederick were front page news everywhere.

The facts are the most Aussies simply don't care any more about Charles. He is just there but doesn't excite anyone anymore. I doubt if a visit by him and Charles would even rate much of a mention. Sure there would be some coverage but nothing like Mary and Frederick got in 2005.

Jo of Palatine 03-04-2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 902837)

As for Charles and Camilla being here at the same time as Mary and Frederick - I don't think so. They would get no coverage as all the coverage would be on the 'Aussie' Crown Princess of Denmark, as happened when she and Frederick came here early in 2005 when Charles was also here in the weeks before his wedding to Camilla. I had to look very hard to find any coverage of Charles visit that year but Mary and Frederick were front page news everywhere.

The facts are the most Aussies simply don't care any more about Charles. He is just there but doesn't excite anyone anymore. I doubt if a visit by him and Charles would even rate much of a mention. Sure there would be some coverage but nothing like Mary and Frederick got in 2005.

If the BRF still think they can save the Crown of Australia, they will send not Charles and Camilla but wait till there is a new Royal couple: William and wife. IMHO, of course.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises