The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-eugenie-of-york-current-events-5-october-2008-april-2010-a-18793.html)

Mermaid1962 11-05-2008 02:44 PM

That would be good to see. In the immediate Royal Family (i.e. descendants of the queen their spouses), the next youngest woman performing royal jobs is Sophie! I know that William and Harry's wives will have higher public profiles someday, Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by greek101 (Post 848113)
I read an online article on the HELLO!magazine website stating that apparently Beatrice and Eugenie are to have a more active role in "the firm"

Skydragon 11-05-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 848440)
Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.:flowers:

They are? I see them more as mini mummy's than anything serious and could the palace forget that the person they most aspire to be like is Sarah?:whistling:

kimebear 11-05-2008 06:59 PM

Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.

Skydragon 11-05-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimebear (Post 848572)
Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.

Royal for sale, $50 for me $1 for charity!:whistling:

Elspeth 11-05-2008 07:11 PM

Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.

Skydragon 11-05-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 848576)
Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.

Good grief anyone would think you and kimebear were a double act!:lol: The question was rhetorical but now you mention it, IIRC there was an interesting article, probably in the bowels of TRF that said only a tiny percentage of money raised from the sale of her ????, (jewelery range, candles, soaps etc) went to charity. Would 1cent ring any bells, it was an American article I believe!

georgiea 11-17-2008 05:00 PM

Footloose and fancy free Eugenie sets off on grand tour of Asia - to learn about Oriental art | Mail Online

Princess Eugenie goes on grand tour of Asia. She is really beautiful.:smile:

jcbcode99 11-27-2008 11:18 PM

How exciting! A grand tour of Asia--that sounds very interesting. I hope she enjoys herself very much.
And, I agree- she is beautiful--both York girls are beautiful.

Emeralds and Opals 11-30-2008 08:58 PM

Princess Eugenie had just left death hotel - Times Online

Mermaid1962 11-30-2008 09:16 PM

This is a perfect example of why I think that the York Princesses should have a protection officer. These officers have connections with police forces and have international resources and diplomatic resources that regular "bodyguards" just don't have.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals (Post 860952)

carlota 12-01-2008 03:34 PM

Mumbai attacks: Princess Eugenie stayed at Taj Mahal hotel before attacks - Telegraph

apprently eugenie left the taj hotel short before the attacks.

Menarue 12-01-2008 03:40 PM

I wonder what length of time "shortly" is.

Mermaid1962 12-01-2008 03:46 PM

Yes, and I wonder whether this is simply sensationalist reporting or whether the terrorists thought that she might be there. :ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 861290)

Ella Kay 12-01-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 861290)

Richard Kay says "just days before" over at the Mail: Princess Eugenie 'very shaken up' after narrowly escaping terror attack in Mumbai.

Menarue 12-01-2008 05:10 PM

British Newspapers love a bit of drama, that is why I questioned the shortly. All those poor people dead and all they can think of is that Princess Eugenie checked out a few days before......

Ella Kay 12-01-2008 05:25 PM

Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.

QUEENECE29 12-02-2008 02:49 AM

Princess Eugenie rang her parents Sarah, Duchess of York, and Prince Andrew in the immediate aftermath of the Mumbai attacks to assure them she was fine. The young royal, who's on a gap-year visit to India, was staying in the city's Taj Mahal hotel, the scene of many of the incidents, shortly before terrorists struck.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Menarue 12-02-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ella Kay (Post 861365)
Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.

I understood Ella. It just makes me mad sometimes. Someone is murdered and a soap opera star was just three blocks away and he gives his impression of how he survived the terror of the moment etc etc....

georgiea 12-02-2008 07:32 AM

What chills me, is l last night on the news they said a week before the attcks the Indian police took a man into custity for being a terriorist looking around Mumbia. I thouhgt what if they hit a week ahead when the Princess was there.:ermm:

Menarue 12-02-2008 07:40 AM

One more person would have died. Everyone would be tremendously upset but the other people who died matter too to their families and and friends, I am glad she wasn´t there but I would be much much happier if nothing had happened and if no one had died at all.