The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-eugenie-of-york-current-events-5-october-2008-april-2010-a-18793.html)

muriel 04-07-2010 02:09 PM

The grass is always greener on the other side! Do these girls not understand their privileged position, and the responsibility that comes with it? Or is it that they just need to learn to be careful of what they say?

Russophile 04-07-2010 02:49 PM

Might be the latter Muriel, they ARE their mother's daughters after all . . . :whistling:

sliver_bic 04-07-2010 05:04 PM

They do understand but they're also in their early twenties and privileged beyond belief. The reality is that the York girls, and to an extent the Wales, know they can do as they please without much consequence.

The "immortality" someone that age feels makes for crap decision making. Add their status and you're going to get a ton of mistakes and constant bristling at the attention paid to their actions. Fifty years ago, hell thirty years ago it would've been unimaginable but today, especially with the older generation still churning out the duties at such a blistering pace, these kids don't feel the pressure.

The Yorks will continue their calm existence for as long as they can and then they'll settle into duties as they're passed along to them. If anything the media coverage of today's world means that, despite being the children of the second son, they will have a lot more clout in the future than previous minor royals but for now. Meh.

Opal 04-07-2010 07:21 PM

Hopefully in the future they'll remember that anything they say can and will be printed in the press, and reprinted and reprinted. They're going to have to learn to be more guarded.

muriel 04-09-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliver_bic (Post 1066260)
They do understand but they're also in their early twenties and privileged beyond belief. The reality is that the York girls, and to an extent the Wales, know they can do as they please without much consequence.

The "immortality" someone that age feels makes for crap decision making. Add their status and you're going to get a ton of mistakes and constant bristling at the attention paid to their actions. Fifty years ago, hell thirty years ago it would've been unimaginable but today, especially with the older generation still churning out the duties at such a blistering pace, these kids don't feel the pressure.

The Yorks will continue their calm existence for as long as they can and then they'll settle into duties as they're passed along to them. If anything the media coverage of today's world means that, despite being the children of the second son, they will have a lot more clout in the future than previous minor royals but for now. Meh.

My view is that York girls are really not going to have major roles to play in the monarchy going forward, and hence, they really need to be thinking carefully about building lives independent of royal careers. As a result of this, my sense is that their sense of responsibility is probably a wee bit less than that of the Wales boys. That said, these views are based on what one observes and reads in the press, and so may not truely be accurate.

iceflower 04-19-2010 12:28 PM

A new look for Eugenie on the weekend - but Beatrice was
colourful as well ;)


** An outfit fit for a princess? Princess Eugenie steps out in racy Lily Allen style suspender tights **

di-fan72 04-19-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1070844)
A new look for Eugenie on the weekend - but Beatrice was
colourful as well ;)


** An outfit fit for a princess? Princess Eugenie steps out in racy Lily Allen style suspender tights **


sorry but this outfit of Eugenie is soo cheap! -1 for Eugenie!

scooter 04-19-2010 04:37 PM

Good grief. Are none of the designers who did Diana's clothes still in business? Someone please take these two girls to Catherine Walker. Please.

Russophile 04-19-2010 04:53 PM

Oh my. :eek:
Well at least we have Dave, the ever smiling Stepford consort looking good. . . .

sesa 04-19-2010 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Russophile;1070947]Dave, the ever smiling Stepford consort QUOTE]:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NoorMeansLight 04-19-2010 05:15 PM

Oh, the York sisters looked so elegant.... on Easter Sunday!!!! :cool: What a total mess - doesn't Eugenie feel embarrassed?! :eek:

Lumutqueen 04-19-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight (Post 1070958)
Oh, the York sisters looked so elegant.... on Easter!!!! :cool: What a total mess - doesn't Eugenie feel embarrassed?! :eek:

Probably not, or at least she doesn't think so.
Beatrice looks alright. They looked much much better at Easter. :smile:

Melibea 04-19-2010 05:52 PM

But they are partying right? It's not so bad, I don't like thights but they are trendy :tongue:

Sister Morphine 04-19-2010 06:23 PM

They're just tights/leggings. It's not like her knickers are showing or anything.

NoorMeansLight 04-19-2010 06:25 PM

Got it!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 1070975)
Probably not, or at least she doesn't think so.
Beatrice looks alright. They looked much much better at Easter. :smile:

She was probably feeling sexy!!!!!! :biggrin:

udyusa 04-19-2010 06:33 PM

Heaven help us, Noor! lol

Russophile 04-19-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine (Post 1071005)
They're just tights/leggings. It's not like her knickers are showing or anything.

Were Eug's "leggings" in the Dominatrix aisle at Wal-Mart??


:whistling:

Melibea 04-19-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 1071022)
Were Eug's "leggings" in the Dominatrix aisle at Wal-Mart??


:whistling:

Nope, most probably she bought them at topshop :lol:

Iluvbertie 04-19-2010 07:00 PM

These are young girls at university and dressing accordingly for a night out with their friends.

At Easter they were dressed appropriately for the occasion the same as they were for a pub crawl.

They are young and people seem to forget some of the awful outfits Zara wore a decade ago when she was their age and compare them to her now.

NoorMeansLight 04-19-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 1071022)
Were Eug's "leggings" in the Dominatrix aisle at Wal-Mart??


:whistling:

Left-overs from Madonna's last tour I suspect... A true inspiration!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises