The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-eugenie-of-york-current-events-5-october-2008-april-2010-a-18793.html)

rmay286 04-03-2009 12:25 AM

:previous: It looks that way.

Eugenie, Her Royal Hoodiness, joins the smoking crowd | Mail Online

Eugenie, please, give up the habit as soon as possible...I'm sure it's very hard to quit, but it's such a nasty habit.

Skydragon 04-03-2009 04:03 AM

:previous: Never mind the smoking, give up the hoody! :eek: :biggrin:

Lumutqueen 04-03-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 917400)
:previous: Never mind the smoking, give up the hoody! :eek: :biggrin:

Give up both, the hoodie looks awful on Eugenie, and the smoking i never though Eugenie would smoke. You need to give it up huni.
x

rmay286 04-03-2009 12:56 PM

According to the article, it was raining. Hoodies are great for walking around in the rain...I know from experience. :smile: It's not like she wore a hoodie to an official public function!

But yes, definitely, give up the smoking. I just spent an hour and a half sitting beside a smoker at lunch. Never again (if I can help it!)

Empress Merel 04-03-2009 01:19 PM

Too bad she smokes. I thought she would be smarter than that.
It always suprises me how a cigarette can make a person look a bit cheap and tacky.

Mermaid1962 04-03-2009 04:03 PM

This is really awful of me; but when I saw that picture of Eugenie smoking, the first thought I had was, "She looks like her mother." :ohmy: Honestly and truly, it's the first thought that came to my head. I normally find that she looks like her father.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 917614)
Too bad she smokes. I thought she would be smarter than that.
It always suprises me how a cigarette can make a person look a bit cheap and tacky.

Lamyah 04-05-2009 09:41 PM

disgusting habit to break, and I know from experience how hard it is to resist smoking when most of your crew are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 917195)
So the paparazzi have a right to harass young women? It's not so much the pictures going to and coming out of public spots that's the problem. Some paparazzi will stalk their prey like hunters, and that's not fair to anyone.

:whistling: Where exactly in my post I stated, its alright to 'harass young women'?

If we were to stop the melodramatic misconstrued statements for a minute. Its reasonable that the royals want some privacy in public, it must be hard to be followed constantly by people.

However, if these young royals insist on enjoying the perks of their royal privilege - such as enjoying private viewings at clothing stores or getting into exclusive clubs based on their name alone, then they need to realize that the press intrusion is the price they pay for it. So, no sympathy from me this time. Heck, the store probably called the paps, excellent publicity.

Skydragon 04-06-2009 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamyah (Post 918593)
However, if these young royals insist on enjoying the perks of their royal privilege - such as enjoying private viewings at clothing stores or getting into exclusive clubs based on their name alone, then they need to realize that the press intrusion is the price they pay for it. So, no sympathy from me this time. Heck, the store probably called the paps, excellent publicity.

Normally you pay to get into exclusive clubs or are invited by another member. It stands to reason that they are going to know many of rich 'it' people, and therefore get the invites. The paparazzi don't care who they knock aside for their exclusive shot, IMO and one of these days someone will decide to pursue them through the courts!:nonono:

Mermaid1962 04-06-2009 12:29 PM

Tje suggestion was that it was okay for the paparazzi to have free reign in taking pictures of Eugenie. To take that to it's logical conclusion, it's harrassment by the media. It's happened to others; it could happen to Eugenie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamyah (Post 918593)

:whistling: Where exactly in my post I stated, its alright to 'harass young women'?

Roslyn 04-11-2009 12:25 AM

Read on down to the second item. https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/nic-...9.html?page=-1

:popcorn:

Skydragon 04-11-2009 04:42 AM

:ohmy: Oh dear!:biggrin:

Warren 04-11-2009 10:15 AM

Thanks to Mr Roslyn's keen eye we have some juicy and titillating descriptions in this article:

cavorting on a beach topless [whoever uses the word "cavorting"* in everyday conversation? She was more probably lying on her beach towel or having a swim], lesbian-themed nightclub [as opposed to a real lesbian nighclub? If it means pictures of naked women, is 'Playboy' a lesbian-themed magazine?], sparking up ciggies [smoking], dancing up a storm [dancing], erotic images [what the writer means is straight mens' lesbian fantasies] and "errant" Royal [why the use of inverted commas, does the writer mean she wasn't actually 'errant' at all?']

Ah, the creativity of modern journalism. :biggrin:

*cavort: caper excitedly, prance [Concise Oxford]

AuroraB 04-11-2009 06:07 PM

:previous:
Must have been a journalist that took a creative writing course! :biggrin:

Roslyn 04-11-2009 06:46 PM

I've been eagerly waiting for the "scandal" to "unfold in London's tabloids", but so far nothing. :easterbunny:

Sister Morphine 04-12-2009 09:02 PM

Just from reading this site as often as I do, I am under the distinct impression that the British tabloid media is far more......creative linguistically than the American tabloid media is. Over here, we'll say it like it is. Over there, they use flowery language or fancy words. Frankly, I like it. Means they're putting a little effort into being completely and totally wrong. And everyone deserves an A for effort. ;)

queenofthelight 04-13-2009 03:32 AM

Daily Express | UK News :: The playful princess

Idriel 04-13-2009 05:48 AM

Interestingly enough Eugenie is on the front page of all the tabloids today wearing a spangled banner bikini and caught in varying degree of suggestive poses (not an attack on the princess at all, just saying some of the shots were carefully chosen to provide for rather tasteless headlines).

Anyway, what I find interesting is that no pictures are available online. It's the Mail front page story and yet there is nothing on their website. I am not sure what is going on there...

Skydragon 04-13-2009 06:13 AM

:previous: Page 7:flowers:
National Newspaper Front Pages On Monday, April 13 2009 | UK News | Sky News

It is now in the Mail

There's a state of emergency in Thailand at the moment.
But Princess Eugenie only seems concerned about the dangers of tan lines.
After spending the day cavorting in a very unpatriotic bikini - which featured the Stars and Stripes - her pale English shoulders were beginning to colour.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ikini-top.html

Lumutqueen 04-13-2009 06:59 AM

Well would you look at that!
Where is Eugenie at the moment btw?
I though she was in sydney?
I like the picture of Princess Anne in the Daily telegraph. :)
x

Iluvbertie 04-13-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 921188)
Well would you look at that!
Where is Eugenie at the moment btw?
I though she was in sydney?
I like the picture of Princess Anne in the Daily telegraph. :)
x

I believe she is in Thailand (but considering the state of unrest their I suspect that she has left that country by now and may even have returned to Australia or be on her way elsewhere.