The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   The Princess of Asturias Undergoes Operation for Respiratory Problems: August 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/the-princess-of-asturias-undergoes-operation-for-respiratory-problems-august-2008-a-18172.html)

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 11:50 AM

I know a couple of "ordinary" people, who have had the same operation as Letizia for health reasons. SRF handled this well by publishing it today, not yesterday.

PrincessofEurope 08-22-2008 12:13 PM

i am sure she will face criticism from some parts of the spanish media especially in light of the recent event - hopefully however they will accept it has been a medical condition.
She has recovered well from the operation as there are lucky no scars or bruising

Liah76 08-22-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 814682)
My father had surgery a few years back for the same reasons as are given here by the Spanish court, and according to him it was not pleasant. And not something you do just for the fun of it.

Letizia has been in the public eye since long before she married Felipe. If she really was not satisfied with her nose's physical appearance, why would she not fix it earlier?

Letizia isn't a honest person. She has a dark side, very dark, I can't believe the "medical reasons" that is a excuse.

I had a nose surgery too, I know how is that.

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liah76 (Post 814703)
Letizia isn't a honest person. She has a dark side, very dark, I can't believe the "medical reasons" that is a excuse.

That is a quite strong opinion. Do you know Letizia personally? I don´t know her, so I can´t say straight here that medical reasons is an excuse, especially when I know people whom this operation has helped a lot.

Liah76 08-22-2008 12:55 PM

Is a stong opinion, but is my opinion, I don't pretend everybody think just like me, but, I can't be quiet.

Anna_R 08-22-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope (Post 814689)
i am sure she will face criticism from some parts of the spanish media especially in light of the recent event

Why should she? She, as far as I'm concerned, couldn't have predict that that horrible accident would take place and she had the surgery done before it.

I think she would face heavy criticism if she had heard about the accident and then gone to the hospital to have the surgery, but there she is, recently operated and visiting the victims relatives as it was expected from her, isn't she?

bbb 08-22-2008 01:12 PM

could someone be so kind to give an english summary of the articles? i'm interested because i can't see any difference and am concerned about the surgery, she looks flawless to me (as always) i don't know when it occurred but i admire her so much to face the grief and stress of these days after the crash so beautifully. the pain of all those tragic people, it is so moving to see the effort even if there is really nothing you can do or say in this kind of situation....only love and comfort. what kind of surgery was it and when did it take place?

Madame Royale 08-22-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 814633)
to be honest, i also believe her nose looks different, but in all fairness, it's difficult to imagine there's no visible scar, redness, ... in so little time after the treatment. we have seen her almost every week, so i guess there's no possibility for recovery at home.

however, even so, i guess it's a completely natural thing to want to preserve your body as much as possible. i don't see anything wrong in royals and surgery, botox or any other treatments.

A girlfriend of mine had the "bump" in her nose reshaped recently and there are no visible scars as they went up through both nostrils. She had minor swelling for around 72 hours and very little bruising which again subsided rather quickly. Imo, it would be entirely possible for Letizia to have undergone such surgery and like you, I do think her nose looks different. Infact, her whole faces seems to me rather different now.

I agree with the latter paragraph in your post, also.

Although I've never thought poorly of Letizia (absolutely no reason too), I've never really payed her much attention but as time progresses I like her more and more and would think her to be a very lovely, and loving, indavidual.

Amely 08-22-2008 01:22 PM

Poor Letizia :ermm:
She wanted to be a beautiful but now... Her eyes, her nose ...Maybe in future we'll see her face young and beautiful :angel:

sunsh1n3 08-22-2008 02:07 PM

I think she was beautiful before and I think she is beautiful now. Her nose job (or lack of ) has nothing to do with how she is as a person. I admire her for her work ethics, she seems to be a loving mother and for being a good representative of the Spanish Crown.

agm 08-22-2008 02:41 PM

VIDEO from Telecinco
https://es.youtube.com/watch?v=OVz845AyFxI

iowabelle 08-22-2008 02:44 PM

I think some of us are being very critical of this lady. Maybe she did it for medical reasons, or maybe she was uncomfortable with her appearance and just wanted to feel better about how she looked. (I shudder to think what would have been said had she gotten breast implants.) She certainly gets a lot of criticism about her appearance, so maybe this was a way to cope with that.

And I don't know how we can say that she has a "dark side." I don't think any of us know her.

pamk 08-22-2008 02:54 PM

Letizia has definitely had nose surgery. You can see the difference in the photos. She is trying to stay in back of Felipe - not pushing herself forward - hair hanging in her face - the works.
The plastic surgery is very, very subtle --- not much of a change but just enough. The surgeon probably operated inside of her nose. She did not have drastic work done and so no black eyes, visible swelling, etc. like with a face lift.
Lots of celebrities use the term "deviated septum" as an excuse for a nose job.
The reason that Letizia didn't have the operation ages ago (maybe before Felipe) is that a good nose operation can be hideously expensive. I am sure that Letizia used the best of plastic surgeons and that the expense was very high.

I remember reading about Princess Diana moaning about wanting a nose job but knowing how the public and press would react, she didn't dare do it. And I think that she wanted to REALLY reshape her nose.

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 03:04 PM

I doubt very strongly that King Juan Carlos would not let her daughter-in-law to do a nose operation just for beauty reasons.

Roxsteve 08-22-2008 03:05 PM

Medical reasons? Did she snore too? She has become very vain. She should be honest and say that she did it for cosmetic reasons. We are not that naive!!!!!

Roxsteve 08-22-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 814749)
I doubt very strongly that King Juan Carlos would not let her daughter-in-law to do a nose operation just for beauty reasons.

So she did it at the expense of the Spanish peopl? Is that what you are trying to say?

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxsteve (Post 814751)
So she did it at the expense of the Spanish peopl? Is that what you are trying to say?

I tried to say that king Juan Carlos wouldn´t ever let Letizia do the nose operation just for beauty reasons, not in anybody´s expense. Letizia did her nose operation for health reasons. Sorry if you didn´t understand. Is it so impossible, that also the royal people have different kinds of health problems?

AFP/Spain's Princess Letizia undergoes nose surgery: Royal Palace

JanSpencer 08-22-2008 03:23 PM

The Princess defently made a nose job!
look into the picture...... she has got a lot of make up and under that make up
you see that the eyes are swolen up...

...it could also be to that she made a chin operation..when you look at the befor/after pictures.

Winnie 08-22-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liah76 (Post 814703)

I would love to hear of your honest reasons for thinking that Letizia is not an honest person. Do you believe that she steals or lies? Do you believe that her "dark side" means that she is part of devil or has a bad ulterior motive for marrying Felipe,; such as wanting to overthrow the Spanish Royal Family?

I know that you have strong feelings for feeling the way you do, could you tell me why so that I understand?

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanSpencer (Post 814757)
The Princess defently made a nose job!
look into the picture...... she has got a lot of make up and under that make up
you see that the eyes are swolen up...

...it could also be to that she made a chin operation..when you look at the befor/after pictures.

We all know that she has had a nose operation, because the Spanish Royal Family sent a press release, in which they told about that.