The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-current-events-6-august-november-2008-a-18122.html)

muriel 08-18-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline mathilda (Post 812917)
I was shocked at the photo of them in the car with no seat belts fastened ( the final one in the series from the Daily Mail entitled "Tight Squeeze. ") Surely William of all people has learned the necessity of seat belt use.

The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time

Nad25 08-18-2008 08:36 AM

God bless our british press..they are a drama queen!!!:rolleyes:..poor william is just trying to get into the car but i guess our press wouldnt be so great if they didnt make a big deal out of everything!!!;):rolleyes:

caroline mathilda 08-18-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 812923)
The car does not appear to be moving, they merely seem to be getting into the car - so I guess it is prior to seatbelt time

I hope you are right but most people buckle up as soon as they are seated, prior to moving.

Luv2Cruise, I too would LOVE a major Fall announcement.:whistling::lol:

hilal 08-21-2008 04:52 AM

Vote for Kate Middleton!

https://www.hola.com/votaciones-seman...eriodo=semanal

Menarue 08-21-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 812349)
Yeah...right in the middle of the top of his head.:biggrin: I dont' care; I think that William's gorgeous anyway.:smile:

Perhaps we could call it a very wide parting. :angel:
I donīt think heīs gorgeous but he should wear his navy uniform more often. :biggrin:

Warren 08-21-2008 12:38 PM

I've moved the ongoing discussion of Kate Middleton and the paparazzi to the Harry, Wills & girlfriends and the press thread.

Duke of Marmalade 08-24-2008 07:13 AM

The old "Kate get a job" story is back - various sources claim that HM is worried about Kate's workshy image and wants her to do something about it:

https://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1048599/And-DO-Queen-wants-Kate-Middleton-charity-job-counter-claims-workshy.html

"Waity Katies" image is clearly not what royal watchers have in mind for William's future bride - many people think she's lazy etc and unless she does something to prove otherwise the stigma will stick.

putski 08-24-2008 07:30 AM

It's Katie Nicholl and her lack of legitimate royal scoop that's fueling these stories. So instead she tends to latch on her old jobless stories (can't even remember Party Pieces correctly), her partying stories (has Kate been seen out that many times... really?), her shopping stories (when was the last time she was snapped shopping?), her Clarence House gym story (eh.. Kate has spent more time in Berkshire recently) and her free clothes story (never been proven). I don't think the inner circle of the RF are in fact against Kate. Otherwise she would have done something a long time ago. The sad part is the media's influence on the people. Hopefully they learn to filter what they read.

As for Katie Nicholl, I think her royal sources have dried up as shown in her many false predictions as of late, so she has to resort to juicy nonsense to sell papers.

Incas 08-24-2008 09:14 AM

I'm starting to think Ms Katie Nicholl wishes she is the Kate in Williams life. I have never seen this many rehashed innuendos given as facts since the months following Diana's death. She is totally talking out of both sides of her mouth. On one hand, Kate Middleton is portrayed as irresponsible and free loading, then the last few sentences make it look like Clarence House is responsible for her turning down work. So which side is true? Ms Nicholl failed to investigate who at CH dared to defy the Queen and gave Ms Middleton bad advise.;)

Isana 08-24-2008 11:24 AM

I found that contradiction as well. So the Queen wants Kate to work but CH tells her not to? :rolleyes: Also if Kate is going to get engaged around Christmas like the article claims why should she start a job now? Isn't it a little too late for that? Who'd employ her for merely 4 or 5 moonths and what would that change?

Luv2Cruise 08-24-2008 11:31 AM

I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.:smile:

Amelia 08-24-2008 11:36 AM

Article about a charity roller disco Kate is helping organise: https://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article17027.ece

Event site: https://rollerdisco.org/

Ella Kay 08-24-2008 11:38 AM

Nicholl can't even remember "Party Pieces"? Good grief.

I'm with you, Luv2Cruise. We've heard William and Harry being dismissive of the tabloids in interviews. I'm pretty sure by this point they've learned not to bother with it too much.

kimebear 08-24-2008 11:53 AM

The funny part about this is the reaction of the DM readers who think Kate is just some throne sitter wannabe who would do anything to bag a prince. Well, if she would do anything, wouldn't she have 3 or 4 jobs at once if the Queen unequivocally stated that she needed to get a job to get the ring? What nonsense.

Luv2Cruise 08-24-2008 11:57 AM

Absolutely Kimebear and Ella Kay.:flowers:

Ella Kay 08-24-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia (Post 815293)
Article about a charity roller disco Kate is helping organise: https://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article17027.ece

Event site: https://rollerdisco.org/

Interesting that she's listed as Catherine Middleton on the charity website. Will the name controversies rise up again? ;) :biggrin:

Princess Robijn 08-25-2008 10:20 AM

I think that actually makes sence. On a website like that they would use her official name.

Josette

ghost_night554 08-28-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie (Post 812562)
It looks like William will be going bald in the front also. I was hopeing it would be just like Charles just in the back because when me go bald in the front they look much older just like Edward.

Sorry for the delay , I've been away for a bit. He's going bald in front too are you serious? I can deal with the look Charles has but not completely bald,I know I'm not William so I shouldn't care but I guess it bothers me cause to me he's still pretty young. Anyways back on topic sorry for changing the convo like that.

felicity8782 08-29-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise (Post 815291)
I ignore all of the trash that is written about Kate and her employment status. It's vicious gossip most likely floated by a combination of sources: (1) vicious courtiers; (2) duplicitous personal acquaintances who have axes to grind; and (3) psychotic Kate Hate posters from the Kate hater web chat forums who get some sort of sick thrill of relevance by emailing hacked Facebook pictures to lazy tabloid HACKS desperate to fill columns and meet deadlines.

I dismiss all of it as nonsense. I believe Kate and William do as well, which is why we continue to see photographs of them enjoying themselves, either on vacation or for a night out. Neither of them has anything to apologize for.:smile:

I totally agree, it's non-news but it's fun to talk about. :whistling:

The thing is if she doesn't, indeed, have a job, so what?! She's not public property yet. Who knows in a couple of months she might turn around to William and say "sorry I've met this guy named Fabio, he's an Italian shipping magnate and I'm eloping with him this Thursady, we'll always have Paris, see ya" End of story.

Also there are a lot of lovely young things in London, rich daddy's, an expensive education, who are all shopping, clubbing, having a good time and looking for a rich husband and none of them have a nine-to-five. The only difference is the multi-millionaire Kate's dating is the heir to the throne. But she's not the only rich girl in London doing this. No one's complaining that Holly Branson or Ivanka Trump have gone to work for their Dads' so how can anyone complain about Kate working for her parents?

Besides I don't ever think the Queen would call up Kate and say "Alright Darlin' don't be lazy get a job." If there has been any mention of Kate getting a nine-to-five it would have been from pushy Courtiers gently suggesting that maybe Kate should consider finding a more productive way to spend her time.

As far as I can see Kate's done nothing that would suggest she's going to bring the monarchy to it's knees if William married her tomorrow. So hell, she should go for it. If you can't go clubbing when you're 20, when can you? :cool:

Jo of Palatine 08-29-2008 11:41 AM

Welcome Felicity.:flowers: I really liked your message - it's about time someone defended Catherine's meagre trials at having fun on being young, when we all got the feeling she has curbed her real self already because of who she's dating. Sometimes I wish she would snatch up a Fabio or another guy like the ones in a Mills&Boon and live happily ever after with him somewhere else where nobody would bother to comment on the way she spends her days but as it is, she seems to be loving William and for that sacrifice alone we should have as much understanding for her as you showed. :flowers: