The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Princess Lilian Broke her Hip: August 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/princess-lilian-broke-her-hip-august-2008-a-18113.html)

RADKER18 08-19-2008 04:15 PM

Thats great to hear she is doing well, wish her a good recovery

magnik 08-19-2008 05:56 PM

That's sad news about her hip (my late grandfather has it too). I wish her all the best.

Next Star 08-20-2008 01:54 PM

It is great the Princess is feeling better hopefully sometime this week she'll be able to go home.

chaimae 08-20-2008 03:45 PM

im really happy to hear she is doing well, specialy her birteday is in next weeks , wish her a good recovery.

Harald 08-23-2008 07:38 PM

I'm glad to hear that Princess Lilian is doing rather well given the circumstances and hope that she will be home soon.

Harald 08-23-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 810815)
I also remember the comments when she was not invited to be included in the formal photos at the wedding of CG & Silvia, because she was not a member of the Royal family.......:bang:

The joys of Royal Protocol.......... :rolleyes:

Drottning 08-24-2008 02:12 PM

Get well soon, Princess Lilian!

Helen88 08-30-2008 12:29 PM

Isn't it Lilian's birthday today? Will her birthday be celebrated?

ursulajohanna 08-30-2008 01:05 PM

Yes, Princess Lilian has birthday today! But she is in hospital.

Jose 08-30-2008 05:26 PM

Happy Birthday princess Lilian is 93!!! Good Healt!!! She is pretty aunt at royal family and big love at crown princess Victorias great-aunt or grandmother!

LadyFinn 08-31-2008 05:55 AM

Here´s a new article about princess Lilian and her life:
WalesOnline/PRINCESS LILIAN’S REAL-LIFE FAIRYTALE

Princess Lilian has been released from hospital and is at home again.
Expressen/Firade 93 år - med Silvia
Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the swedish court, confirms that princess Lilian is now at home, she is doing quite well and is recovering.
According to a "source" Queen Silvia talked with Lilian on the phone every day during the trip to the Olympics.
Yesterday princess Lilian had a little birthday party and Queen Silvia was the guest of honour.
The source tells that it has been a tradition to celebrate Lilian´s birthday with dinner at the Drottningholm Palace. This year, the birthday was celebrated in Lilian's home with her closest friends. Shortly before six o'clock Silvia left the party and returned to the Palace.

Helen88 08-31-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 817319)
Here´s a new article about princess Lilian and her life:
WalesOnline/PRINCESS LILIAN’S REAL-LIFE FAIRYTALE

Princess Lilian has been released from hospital and is at home again.
Expressen/Firade 93 år - med Silvia
Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the swedish court, confirms that princess Lilian is now at home, she is doing quite well and is recovering.
According to a "source" Queen Silvia talked with Lilian on the phone every day during the trip to the Olympics.
Yesterday princess Lilian had a little birthday party and Queen Silvia was the guest of honour.
The source tells that it has been a tradition to celebrate Lilian´s birthday with dinner at the Drottningholm Palace. This year, the birthday was celebrated in Lilian's home with her closest friends. Shortly before six o'clock Silvia left the party and returned to the Palace.

Did the royal children not come to congratulate?

Alison20 08-31-2008 06:38 AM

Sweden should be proud of people like Bertil and Lilian, who - unlike many Royals in the first half of the 20th century - put their country first. This was at great cost to themselves, as they couldn't appear officially together, and missed out on the chance of having children.

I wish Lilian many more years of health and happiness.

Next Star 09-03-2008 01:53 AM

Now the news that I have been waiting for Princess Lilian is at home no more hospital.Hope she will continue to get better and no injuries will happen for a very long time.