The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/hsh-prince-albert-of-monaco-current-events-26-july-2008-nov-2008-a-17684.html)

tbhrc 07-07-2008 04:34 AM

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008

Welcome to Part 26 of the thread to discuss the current events of HSH Prince Albert of Monaco.
You can find the old thread here:

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events Part 25

Please have a look at the
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!

iceflower 07-07-2008 11:29 AM

Pic 4.7.2008

Last Friday Prince Albert has visited two little girls who have
been operated at the Cardio-Thoracic Center of Monaco. It's
been an humanitarian action initiated on the occasion of the
50th anniversary of Prince Albert II that has made it possible
to operate 20 children from developing countries.

----> Pic

Glistening Seas 07-07-2008 11:39 AM

Glistening Seas

:smile: What a marvelous b-day or any day present! Is Monaco starting something new with the Cardio-care unit? Will there be more activities such as this? Whatever the answer to those questions it's really great to see such an interest in doing this kind of thing.

iceflower 07-10-2008 10:56 AM

Pics 10.7.2008

Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of the sixth stage of the 95th Tour de
France cycling race between Aigurande and Super-Besse, July 10, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

hibou 07-10-2008 11:21 AM

Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.

Glistening Seas 07-10-2008 11:31 AM

Glistening Seas

:smile:h-m-m-m greaaat pics although all of them are mah-velous! number 3 steals the show on these. Soo-o-o great to see them. Lets hope they have good pics of the tour de france competitions. looks like it's very warm out there. So, it's probably a good thing he didn't wear a tie (whew, gasp). Greaat fun and lets see whom wins!:cheers::unicorn:

smdouglas 07-10-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 797519)
Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.

Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.

Angeline 07-10-2008 04:37 PM

PHOTOS : Le Prince Albert II et Charlene... fans de pop et de rock !

Does SAS PA host this event?
Thx.

hibou 07-10-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smdouglas (Post 797668)
Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.

Thanks for the info but I have never seen any CEO not at the office as much as he is. Donald Trump may fly all over but he puts in long hours at the office and now he has his kids in the Corp structure as well. There is a difference between delegation and abandonment. Rainier was a very hands on CEO as are most that I either have met or heard of. This does not look like a man in control of his corporation. JMO

Glistening Seas 07-10-2008 10:52 PM

Glistening Seas

:smile: h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed. :popcorn::polarbear:

hibou 07-11-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 797885)
:smile: h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed. :popcorn::polarbear:

I would like to think that believe me I would, but I have grave doubts especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar. I have more faith in Donald Trump at the moment. Having had a father in public office I am aware of that structure, having dealt with many many CEO's I know how they function and think. They do delegate but not like you would think they do. I have personal knowledge of many CEO's they don't sell a 30% stake in their company if they don't have too. They like control.

I should like to add that your statement proves my point. Rainier delegated to Albert but with control. Albert has not changed that role since he became sovereign.Therefore, Albert has not delegated well it would seem.

Glistening Seas 07-11-2008 11:33 AM

Alabaster Skies

:flowers: hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whose perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate:prettyplease:

smdouglas 07-11-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 798051)
...especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar...

Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (€725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.

hibou 07-11-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smdouglas (Post 798098)
Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (€725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.

Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.

hibou 07-11-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 798083)
:flowers: hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whom perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate:prettyplease:

I have elaborated in my post to SM Douglas. I don't have time to view all the news all the time but I do pick up on things like selling shares etc. If I didn't like Monaco I would bother. I just want to see them succeed. But I have not been impressed lately with Albert. I still have great faith in Caroline.

Glistening Seas 07-11-2008 01:31 PM

Glistening Seas

:smile:ohhh this sheds light on the subject that was much needed. So, an unsuccessful bid to increase shares on SBM? So it's business as usual, then? Monaco succeeding is something all here would want to see. :monacostandard::unicorn:

smdouglas 07-11-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 798101)
Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.

No problem. I've found over time that the press gets more incorrect than correct. When I have time, I try to get more than one source. The active party in this - potential - transaction is the real estate investment firm...not SBM.

Lakshmi 07-12-2008 01:29 AM

It seems that prince Albert was present not only at opening of Tour de France on 07/10. On that day he was in Grimaldi Forum at Ancient Egypt exhibition and met Egypian first lady.
Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

Ok article did not state date, but I found another article about this event and it said in was July 10th.

iceflower 07-12-2008 12:40 PM

Lakshmi, you are right, it's been a current event Albert attended.
The caption of the following pics said: Monaco, July 11th 2008:
Prince Albert and Mrs Moubarak are opening the exhibition
"EGYPTIAN QUEENS":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

iceflower 07-13-2008 04:02 PM

Pics 13.7.2008

France's President Nicolas Sarkozy and Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak
welcome Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of a EU-Mediterranean
summit in Paris, July 13, 2008. Some 43 heads of state and government
are attending the French-inspired summit intended to revitalize cooperation
between the European Union and Mediterranean countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Nico 07-14-2008 07:58 AM

....And was among the 42 heads of states and governments, guests of the President Sarkozy, during the lavish Bastille Day festivities...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Tosca 07-15-2008 11:43 AM

Here you'll find a gallery with photos of Prince Albert and his cousin Elisabeth Anne de Massy with daughter Mélanie supporting Monaco that played for the Davis Cup

goody7058 07-15-2008 02:29 PM

Six and twelve are the funniest pictures those expression PA is given know the team is losing.

Lakshmi 07-23-2008 01:30 AM

On 07/18 Albert was in Monte-Carlo at Latin event. I wish I know French. In caption they ask about Charlene.
PHOTOS : Le Prince Albert de Monaco : mais où est Charlene ?

goody7058 07-23-2008 04:30 PM

I like when PA goes out without Charlene it about him not her. He seem more relax and happy that way.

iceflower 08-03-2008 07:25 AM

Pics 3.8.2008

Member of the International Olympic Committee Prince Albert II arrives
at the Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing, capital of China,
August 3, 2008.

EllieSofie 08-22-2008 06:43 AM

Forbes came out with its list of Richest Royals, again. Prince Albert came in at number nine with 1.4 billion dollars. Forget his nephews, I'm all about Prince Albert now. :lol:

https://www.forbes.com/business/2008/...oyalintro.html
https://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080821...thpeopleroyals

iceflower 08-22-2008 10:46 AM

Pics 22.8.2008

EllieSofie, I fear there is a long long queue :biggrin:;)

Mongolian Prime Minister Sanj Bayar and Mongolian President Nambaryn
Enkhbayar shake hands with Prince Albert II in Ulan Bator, capital of
Mongolia, Aug. 22, 2008. Prince Albert II arrived to pay a two-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

amad1108 08-23-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieSofie (Post 814579)
Forbes came out with its list of Richest Royals, again. Prince Albert came in at number nine with 1.4 billion dollars. Forget his nephews, I'm all about Prince Albert now. :lol:

https://www.forbes.com/business/2008/...oyalintro.html
https://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080821...thpeopleroyals

sorry to disspointed you girls charlene already got it over, all else she leave there is no chance for any of you girls, did you see the video of forbes about albert, she is on it they talk about albert sending charlene to french schoo.l:eek:

EllieSofie 08-23-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 814661)
EllieSofie, I fear there is a long long queue :biggrin:;)

Mongolian Prime Minister Sanj Bayar and Mongolian President Nambaryn
Enkhbayar shake hands with Prince Albert II in Ulan Bator, capital of
Mongolia, Aug. 22, 2008. Prince Albert II arrived to pay a two-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I'd still get in that line, no matter the wait. ;)

Here is the link to the Forbes video amad1108 mentioned...
https://www.forbes.com/video/?video=f...cealbert082008

iceflower 08-23-2008 02:34 AM

Here are two additional pics from yesterday:

Albert with Danzangiin Lundeejantsan, chairman of Mongolia's State Great
Hural (Parliament) and at a press conference with the Mongolian President.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Angeline 08-23-2008 09:58 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slides...295976114.jpg/

90 pictures of the Prince (and his girlfriend) at the Olympics.

Lakshmi 08-24-2008 12:39 AM

Oh, Angeline those 90 pics of PA, it's a great find.:flowers:

PA skips Olympics for 2 days in order to visit Mongolia.
Some article, in one he is called King of Monaco, I think he doesn't mind being called king.:biggrin::innocent:
https://www.montsame.mn/index.php?opt...200808&ne=1740

https://www.montsame.mn/index.php?opt...200808&ne=1741

https://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_9625822.htm

Wonder if Albert is back on Sunday for Olympic Games closing.

sashajones 08-24-2008 02:23 AM

The pictures were great. Prince Albert looked handsome and Charlene looked beautiful in the dress she wore to the Red Cross Ball. I would have liked to have seen Charlene compete and win gold, so Prince Albert could have presented her with a metal.

olga101 08-24-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieSofie (Post 814927)
I'd still get in that line, no matter the wait. ;)

Here is the link to the Forbes video amad1108 mentioned...
https://www.forbes.com/video/?video=f...cealbert082008

Thanks EllieSofie. The schooling is what I suspected as that what was the case. Now- next thing we know (trumpets) Miss CW of SA and -- of Monaco announce..... Doing it "his" way.We shall see.

gardenia8 08-26-2008 12:51 PM

This qoute from the Forbes article is very interesting. It makes you wonder how much of the $1.4 billion is in liquid assets (cash, stocks, bonds, etc). Also, how much access does Prince Albert have to the money. However, I doubt he is hurting for cash.

"Keep in mind that the wealth of the royals comes from inheritances or positions of power; it is often shared with extended families and often represents money controlled by them in trust for their nation or territory. For these reasons, none of the 15 royals on this list would qualify for our annual ranking of the world billionaires, regardless of their net worth."

The World's Richest Royals - Forbes.com

iceflower 08-30-2008 02:36 AM

Pics 29.8.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco and French Uefa president Michel Platini
attend the European Super Cup football match Manchester United
vs. St Petersburg, on August 29, 2008 at the Louis II stadium in
Monaco. St Petersburg won 2-1.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Lakshmi 08-30-2008 04:18 PM

I was going to post recent pic of Albert, but iceflower already did. :smile: Albert looks much slimmer in them. He looks nice.
Prince Albert II of Monaco, left, applauds and UEFA President Michel Platin... - World Soccer - Yahoo! Canada Sports

iceflower 09-02-2008 02:09 AM

Pics 1.9.2008

But you still had a good unseen addition, Lakshmi :smile:

Prince Albert II of Monaco during the Golden Foot Awards event, Sept. 1,
2008 in Monaco. The Golden Foot award is an international career award
given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements.

Glistening Seas 09-02-2008 11:52 AM

Glistening Seas

:smile:So-o-o glad to see these pics! whaaat fun! Such an enjoyable way to commemorate up and coming athletes while at the same time having fun.

Lakshmi 09-05-2008 01:01 AM

Some article about Albert. He made surprise visit to Australian rugby players who came to Nice to play. It was this Thursday morning.

Prince Albert meets Reds players in Nice - Breaking News - Sport - Breaking News

Lakshmi 09-06-2008 08:47 PM

This weekend, Prince Albert went with some Monaco officials to Lourdes, France. It is the place visited by thousands catholic pilgrims every year.

Albert de Monaco s'est recueilli à Lourdes

Article unfortunatelly in French...

smdouglas 09-06-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi (Post 820041)
This weekend, Prince Albert went with some Monaco officials to Lourdes, France. It is the place visited by thousands catholic pilgrims every year.

Albert de Monaco s'est recueilli à Lourdes

Article unfortunatelly in French...

Fortunately, there are web translators.

Albert of Monaco has gathered in Lourdes

Lakshmi 09-07-2008 01:58 AM

There are pics of Albert from his trip to Lourdes.
Le Prince Albert II de Monaco en pèlerinage à Lourdes 5 septembre 2008

sandsla 09-07-2008 02:26 AM

Thanks Lakshmi! Albert looks nice, I think he is looking a little thinner too?:flowers:

Next Star 09-08-2008 05:26 PM

Those are some wonferful pics of Prince Albert he looks nice and is enjoying himself.

lea 09-08-2008 08:53 PM

Gee, I wonder why he didn't take Charlene with him.....;)

Emporer 09-08-2008 11:01 PM

Happy with Charlene ?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lea (Post 820896)
Gee, I wonder why he didn't take Charlene with him.....;)

I don`t wonder at all !!! Have you ever seen him been relaxed and simply Happy with Charlene ?! Not me !!!
Perhaps he had finally an enlightenment !!! :angel: He could need one !!!
I`m glad that he took off some weight ! Much better for his heart and look !
:whistling:

sandsla 09-08-2008 11:58 PM

Emporer,

I hope so!;):angel:

Welcome!:flowers:

AquaMarine 09-09-2008 01:02 AM

I hope too :cool:

Welcome, Emporer ;) and Hi Sandsla! I am back from my summer holidays! :flowers:

lckc571 09-09-2008 04:55 AM

Welcome Emporer, Happy to read the comment of a person living in Monaco. I hope that we shall have the pleasure to read to you often...

sandsla 09-09-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaMarine (Post 820936)
I hope too :cool:

Welcome, Emporer ;) and Hi Sandsla! I am back from my summer holidays! :flowers:

Hi Aquamarine,

Welcome back -- I Hope you had a nice holiday.:flowers:

Glistening Seas 09-10-2008 06:19 PM

Glistening Seas

:smile: Indeed always glad to hear from someone whom is from Monaco. After being there considering it's considered a premiere destination vacation spot it's amusing you went somewhere else for Vacation! ;) So it's really great to have you back where all the fun is happening anyway!! The scoop on what is happening in Monaco is always something interesting to note from someone there. :rofl: that's an entire paragraph on welcome back! awww now isn't it great to be back home :biggrin::monacostandard::news:

Zonk 09-10-2008 06:25 PM

Okay...let's move on.

Yes, we welcome Emporer to the Royal Forums but this Prince Albert's Current Events thread and not Emporer's.

Also, please remember if you would like to discuss Albert and Charlene's relationship, you can do so here https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/prince-albert-and-charlenes-relationship-part-2-a-16492-11.html

Thank you!

iceflower 09-12-2008 10:25 AM

Pics 12.9.2008

Prince Albert has unveiled a stele for the Italian professor
Gianfranco Gilardini in presence of the Gilardini family.
Monaco, September 12, 2008

Glistening Seas 09-12-2008 10:59 AM

Glistening Seas

:flowers: The setting for this occasion is exquisite! PA does look great! Was this someplace outside of Monaco or is this just another exquisite view of someplace within Monaco???? It's simply breathtaking. :monacostandard: Is it possible to get a little background as to the stele and the Gilardini and how it came to be receiving this recognition? It's beautiful and for most whom aren't familiar with the general area would consider it something of interest. :sun:

smdouglas 09-12-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 822502)
:flowers: The setting for this occasion is exquisite! PA does look great! Was this someplace outside of Monaco or is this just another exquisite view of someplace within Monaco???? It's simply breathtaking. :monacostandard: Is it possible to get a little background as to the stele and the Gilardini and how it came to be receiving this recognition? It's beautiful and for most whom aren't familiar with the general area would consider it something of interest. :sun:

The event is on Avenue Albert II in the Port de Fontvieille. That's the Prince's palace in the background in the fourth picture.

Here's an article translated into English that describes the event. Sorry, but the video is in French.

pamk 09-12-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 798051)
I would like to think that believe me I would, but I have grave doubts especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar. I have more faith in Donald Trump at the moment. Having had a father in public office I am aware of that structure, having dealt with many many CEO's I know how they function and think. They do delegate but not like you would think they do. I have personal knowledge of many CEO's they don't sell a 30% stake in their company if they don't have too. They like control.

I should like to add that your statement proves my point. Rainier delegated to Albert but with control. Albert has not changed that role since he became sovereign.Therefore, Albert has not delegated well it would seem.

Sorry I am getting to this subject so late, but ...

I would not worry about some other country or person taking over too much of Monaco. In the 1950's, Aristotle Onassis all but bought and controlled Monaco much to the fury of Prince Rainier. Onassis was eventually ousted. I am sure that Prince Rainier trained Albert very well and that such a situation will never happen again.
And Albert is a very outdoors/physical type of person. Sitting behind a desk all of the time probably drives him nuts. As long as he keeps a good eye on things and delegates wisely, he should be fine.

Also, the 2009 Tour de France starts in Monaco - big deal!

Glistening Seas 09-13-2008 11:19 AM

Glistening Seas

:smile: h-m-m-m are you "sure" about the 30 percent stake being sold to qatar? We had heard before that was just a 'rumor" that it had not been done.???:smile:

smdouglas 09-13-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 823019)
:smile: h-m-m-m are you "sure" about the 30 percent stake being sold to qatar? We had heard before that was just a 'rumor" that it had not been done.???:smile:

It's completely untrue. Take a look at post 13, which reads...

Read the (August 2008) update to the offer at "Qatari Diar keeps Monte Carlo casino bid on hold". It sounds to me as though the firm ran into a brick wall with their offer. PA refused to sell any of his shares.

hibou 09-13-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 823019)

This is very old news at this point and the deal did not go through. SMDouglas kindly posted the update on this deal. It's back a few pages.

olga101 09-13-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emporer (Post 820927)
I don`t wonder at all !!! Have you ever seen him been relaxed and simply Happy with Charlene ?! Not me !!!
Perhaps he had finally an enlightenment !!! :angel: He could need one !!!
I`m glad that he took off some weight ! Much better for his heart and look !:whistling:

'Been happy looking relaxed lots of times. Aren't you new???? stay tuned you'll see. All this time, h e must have many relaxed and happy moments, otherwise no one is holding a gun to him.

Lakshmi 09-19-2008 01:30 AM

It seems that Albert met Czech ambassador in Monaco last Tuesday, 09/16.
ÄŒR, Monaco establish diplomatic relations - Prague Daily Monitor - 17.09.2008

iceflower 09-19-2008 04:13 PM

Pics 19.9.2008

Thank you for that, Lakshmi :smile:

Prince Albert II of Monaco, French Ecology minister Jean-Louis Borloo and
Italian Environment minister Stefania Prestigiacomo inaugure a TER regional
train on September 19, 2008 in Monaco, before signing a partnership
agreement between France, Italy and Monaco about the Parc du
Mercantour and the Parco Naturale delle Alpi Marittime.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Glistening Seas 09-19-2008 07:45 PM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin:Thaaat's greaaat. Did they say italy france and Monaco. Now there is a wonderful combination don't you agree!!!! It's certainly beautiful. Will it replace the line that is in Monaco now or will it be something else??

in what way does it differ from the train that Monaco has now!? It's certainly great news. Does this make commuting better than thru the lines in Monaco if, so, in what way??

What made them decide to persue this most ambitious prospect?! wheeeew!!:unicorn::news:

Lakshmi 09-20-2008 12:16 AM

Knowing prince Albert's commitment to protect environment, I guess the train was his initiative. A lot of people commute every day from Italy and France to work in Monaco. They drive cars often, so it might be about decreasing numbers of cars that come to MC everyday. Trains bring losses rather than profits even in Europe. Wonder if people would get encouraged to use train instead cars to get to Monaco.

Glistening Seas 09-20-2008 11:31 AM

Glistening Seas

:flowers: It could be that the thought there was to maybe "increase" traffic from these countries "into" Monaco via the train as well as those in Monaco??

sandsla 09-20-2008 05:00 PM

Either way they are both good idea's. They look very nice, I hope they are successuful. Maybe they could limit parking during certain hours in some areas, and that might incourage people to leave their cars at home, they do that in many cities.

rosalee 09-23-2008 01:10 PM

Has PA visited Fiji on humanitarian grounds since his daughter went there to distribute vitamins last year? Just curious.

iceflower 09-23-2008 04:40 PM

Pics 11.9.2008

On September 11, 2008 Prince Albert met Yves Jégo
at the State Secretariat "Outre Mer" (over sea) in Paris:

Mrs.Smith 09-23-2008 05:35 PM

Prince Albert was in Munich today (23.09), to speak about the protection of the environment, at the foreign affairs association (Gesellschaft für Außenpolitik). I'm going to give you more details, tomorrow, I'm very tired right now. I didnt take any photos, but I'm sure you will find some online or in some magazines, soon.

Glistening Seas 09-23-2008 10:20 PM

Glistening Seas

;) Those pics are simply gor-geous!! In pic what i wouldn't 'give" to own thaaat carpet !! tee hee! my fav pic is pic 2, although turned out simply beautiful. :monacostandard::cheers:

Is it me? or in pic 4 do both of these guys look very waarm?? is it actually warm there --or is it those darn camera lights?! hee? however, PA looks in marvelous spirits and thats good to see don't you think??

Lakshmi 09-24-2008 12:15 AM

iceflower, these are nice pics of Albert. Wonder if there are any pics from Munich already.
BTW. Albert involvement in environment continues, this visit in Munich is the proof, he is very consistent with his actions. Just interesting to watch how it will develop. :lucky::smile:

iceflower 09-24-2008 02:06 AM

Pic 23.9.2008

Here's the first pic from Munich :smile:

Prince Albert II of Monaco waves during his visit at the 175th Oktoberfest
in Munich, Germany, 23 September 2008. The Oktoberfest is the world's
largest folk festival. It will take place until 05 October 2008.

----> Pic

AquaMarine 09-24-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 827656)
On September 11, 2008 Prince Albert met Yves Jégo
at the State Secretariat "Outre Mer" (over sea) in Paris:

May be I am mistaken, but it seems to me that this summer Albert made laser vision correction. Now his glasses look like they have zero dioptries in comparison with -6D he had before :ermm:

Glistening Seas 09-24-2008 10:58 AM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin: Laser correction??? Wouldn't thaaat eliminate the need for glasses?? Were his glasses that huge before because they didn't appear so?? The Germany pics were fab, But only so f-e-w?:verysad: oh well, it seems when he looks so mah-velous there "should" be m-o-r-e pics.:cheers::popcorn:

giov 09-24-2008 11:42 AM

Pics from Abaca Press
Prince Albert II of Monaco is spotted at the Kaefer's Schaenke during the Oktoberfest 2008 in Munich, Germany on September 23, 2008.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

GlitteringTiaras 09-24-2008 01:45 PM

Glad to see he's having a good time... I love the shot of him with that giant pretzel in his hand.:lol:

Glistening Seas 09-24-2008 04:39 PM

Glistening Seas

:smile: Mm-mm-m they do look delicious. Whom were the gentlement PA was talking with in the pics at abbaca press :whistling::unicorn:

iceflower 09-24-2008 04:59 PM

Pics 24.9.2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 828262)
:smile: Mm-mm-m they do look delicious. Whom were the gentlement PA was talking with in the pics at abbaca press :whistling::unicorn:

The gentleman in the green jacket on pic 3 is the same gentleman as on
pic 5, he's Prince Leopold von Bayern. The gentleman on pic 3 with the
red jacket is Michael Käfer, a famous German caterer and businessman.
Since the 1970s the Käfer company always has a big "tent" at the
Oktoberfest, these days with around nearly 3000 seats I think.

Here are two pics from today, Albert watching a soccer match in Monaco:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Avicenna 09-24-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 828117)
Glad to see he's having a good time... I love the shot of him with that giant pretzel in his hand.:lol:

Giant? :eek: Looks like a normal Bretzel to me :flowers: A giant Bretzel would be a lot bigger. Those exist, too, of course.

I love his traditional outfit, good to see that he knows local customs ... and much more appropriate than the skull-Dirndl of a certain Cora Schuhmacher.

goody7058 09-24-2008 10:09 PM

What happen to CW she was there last year. I think.

iceflower 09-26-2008 03:55 PM

Pics 26.9.2008

Prince Albert opening the 18th Monaco Yacht Show at the
harbour of Monaco on 26 09 2008

Lakshmi 09-26-2008 08:01 PM

I was reading about Monaco yacht show on other boards, and here you go we have first pics. Thanks iceflower.:smile: I read it was really great show along with planes' show.

Glistening Seas 09-26-2008 09:23 PM

Glistening Seas

:cheers: Air show great way to kick start the yacht show!! Are alot of yachts sold at this time of year or is this mainly a browse as you go to show off the best and newest models?:sun:

giov 09-29-2008 09:00 AM

A few more pics
WENN Photo Library

Prince Albert looks great!

Glistening Seas 09-29-2008 11:19 PM

Glistening Seas

:ohmy: I couldn't be-lieve it they said everything at the yacht show s-o-ld out? Could this be true?? wow. the yachts are quite impressive but are these repeat buyers? haaa haa;) what's the "latest" "must have" items that yacht owners consider "the fashion" does anyone know ???:sun:

Lakshmi 09-30-2008 02:16 AM

Those yachts seems so crowded when looking at pics. No wonder, Monaco has space limitation.

Lakshmi 09-30-2008 02:30 AM

Albert is going to visit potential competitors in yacht show. That's smart move.
UAE Daily News - Your No.1 source of United Arab Emirates news - Abu Dhabi holds out superyacht potential, says Monaco sovereign

giov 09-30-2008 10:55 AM

Funny pics of Prince Albert watching a soccer match, Monaco vs PSG, on 24 Setember 2008.
https://i38.tinypic.com/b6x6kn.jpg
https://i38.tinypic.com/34snkid.jpg
https://i38.tinypic.com/2ibl3c4.jpg
https://i35.tinypic.com/23jr2at.jpg
https://i33.tinypic.com/ta3nra.jpg
https://i37.tinypic.com/55fo7c.jpg
(source Olycom)

Nice to see that Prince Albert looks like any man in the world who is watching his favourite team's match.

Glistening Seas 09-30-2008 11:33 AM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin: I agree. He certainly does enjoy his sports, that is indeed simply mah-velous!

It seems men are terrific at hiding their thoughts and feelings; except when it comes to sports?!!! haaaa. :lol: However, he always seems to do it with "style"! Seems like lots of fun!!!!

PA interest into UAE yachting culture is good indeed.

goody7058 09-30-2008 01:00 PM

Poor PA

:lol:From the pictures PA team is losing.:rofl:

hibou 09-30-2008 08:29 PM

Wonderful pictures. Thank you. So much fun to see him so passionate about something. I wish he'd give speeches with that much passion.

Glistening Seas 09-30-2008 09:35 PM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin: haaa speeches with thaaaat much passion???? my goodness if PA would exude thaaat much passion for speechess the man would simply be too tired to carry on in the daily don't you think?!! haaa i just couldn't "resist" saying that!!! He seems quite passionate about all his speeches as it is so conserving his energy on speeches might be wise hee!:rofl::unicorn:

Lakshmi 09-30-2008 11:32 PM

OMG, those pictures are hilarious. Albert is so emotional...:rofl: But he is kind of cute too.;)

stellam 10-01-2008 11:08 AM

In the pictures he looks as if he is ready to go onto the field and give either the referee or one of the players an earful! Very funny.

Stellad

Angeline 10-02-2008 12:37 PM

Does he attend alone or with nieces and such ? These soccer matches.

LadyMacAlpine 10-02-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angeline (Post 831670)
Does he attend alone or with nieces and such ? These soccer matches.

He's attended alone and with different members of his family, friends, and girlfriends.

Glistening Seas 10-03-2008 10:51 AM

Glistening Seas

:biggrin: it seems that even when PA is "alone" watching the games; there's always alot of people milling about. It's always fun to have that many people around. Ranier too, liked to enjoy his sports events. This team has been progressing so, it's good to see he takes such an interest, as everyone else; too, is interested to see it's progress!!:popcorn::sun:

iceflower 10-05-2008 02:39 AM

Pics 4.10.2008

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the Monte Carlo Magic Stars at the
Princess Grace Theater in Monaco, 04 October 2008. Monte Carlo Magic
Stars is one of the most important Magic Festival of the World. This year
the event runs from 02 - 04 October 2008 with the theme 'Film and Magic'.