The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/infanta-leonor-and-infanta-sof-a-news-and-pictures-part-4-june-2008-december-2010-a-17450.html)

Duke of Marmalade 12-13-2010 01:05 PM

I was referring to their informal chat with some journalists where they said that bringing up the two girls is fulfilling and they dont intend to have more children.

kathia_sophia 12-13-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1174598)
I was referring to their informal chat with some journalists where they said that bringing up the two girls is fulfilling and they dont intend to have more children.

thats right, is not because of polemic and constituition.:flowers:

back to the girls, anyone here has a clue if they will attend the special mass of the anniversary of the king's mother?

Bine221 12-14-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1174598)

I also heard, that Letizia suffered from some problems during the pregnancies.... and maybe as well during births, as both girls were cesarian.... so this also could be a reason for staying with 2.
BYe Bine

Duke of Marmalade 12-14-2010 10:53 AM

Yes she had massive problems, especially when pregnant with Sofia, couldnt do any events outside Madrid.

In addition to that, Letizia doesnt strike me as the most maternal person on earth, in her pre-princess life she was very career-orientated, when Felipe said he wanted more than two and less than five children she made a rather sceptical remark during engagement press meeting.

I think she delivered what she had to deliver, a heir and a spare, and thats it. They have full agenda and the girls are being looked after by nannies quite often anyway, this would only increase with a third child.

jjkg 12-14-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1175103)
.....In addition to that, Letizia doesnt strike me as the most maternal person on earth, in her pre-princess life she was very career-orientated, when Felipe said he wanted more than two and less than five children she made a rather sceptical remark during engagement press meeting.

Isn't this a rather misogynist statement that career oriented females cannot be maternal, or that women who want to limit the family size to 2, are not maternal. Forgive me, but this attitude smacks very paternalistic.:bang:

I have lots of friends who are executives in major companies, yet are very devoted to their children. Same with me.

This is yet again reinforcement of negative stereotype that an intelligent, ambitious woman who wants to contribute to the world, cannot be maternal. She has to be hard, aggressive, devoid of all softer things such as love, loyalty etc. With all due respect, it is disgusting:bang:

grevinnan 12-15-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkg (Post 1175478)
Isn't this a rather misogynist statement that career oriented females cannot be maternal, or that women who want to limit the family size to 2, are not maternal. Forgive me, but this attitude smacks very paternalistic.:bang:

I have lots of friends who are executives in major companies, yet are very devoted to their children. Same with me.

This is yet again reinforcement of negative stereotype that an intelligent, ambitious woman who wants to contribute to the world, cannot be maternal. She has to be hard, aggressive, devoid of all softer things such as love, loyalty etc. With all due respect, it is disgusting:bang:

Very well said.

Kasumi 12-15-2010 02:24 AM

I agree with Duke of Marmalade. Letizia will not have any children.
She has her own 'career plans' how to be a queen. IMO, she's a typical "mother-wife".

Mari_* 12-15-2010 05:35 AM

I dont think she had "massive" problems during her pregnancies.. just the typical sicknesses and symptoms pregnant women go through, i do think she had it worst with Sofia but nothing too serious, she attended a lot of events even after her sister's death.

AnaC 12-15-2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkg (Post 1175478)

Well said jjkg.

I completely disagree with the Duke of Marmalade about Letizia not being maternal, she completely lights up when her girls(or any other child) are present, the change in her demeanour is remarkable. There are also many stories on the press about Felipe and Letizia taking the girls to spend weekends on rural towns or doing different activities with them in Madrid. Everybody who comes across them in these situations say that they appear alone, they don't even notice their security.
And regarding her pregnancies they couldn't be that difficult because pregnant with Leonor she went on an official visit to Japan. The pregnancy with Sofía looked harder for her but she lost her sister while pregnant.

Lusa_Monarquia 12-15-2010 07:23 AM

I must congratulate all Spanish for their beautiful Royal Family :) this two little princess are specially wonderful! :)

Monna 12-15-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaC (Post 1175583)
I completely disagree with the Duke of Marmalade about Letizia not being maternal, she completely lights up when her girls(or any other child) are present, the change in her demeanour is remarkable.

I agree. One of the things I love most about Letizia is that (and it is evident from all photos and videos we have) she is a wonderful mother. She IS very maternal IMO.
Nowadays the majority of couples in Europe choose to have only one or two children, and it`s perfectly ok. So why shoudn`t it be ok for Felipe and Letizia? They have an heiress and a spare. If they feel that their family is complete now, we should respect it.

kathia_sophia 12-15-2010 03:32 PM

^i completely agree with you that letizia is so maternal.
you can see lots of great and heartbreaking photos, she hugs her girls with so care and love. shes a great mom^^

about getting pregnant again, its not that we are not being respectful to them, speaking about me, i would love to see them with another babie, and watch the big sisters play with the babie, and the parents too. it would be lovely.
of course its their decision if they want or not, and we must respect. but we also have wishes or opinions.:flowers:

PrincessofEurope 12-16-2010 10:05 PM

Think both Letizia and Felipe appear to be wonderful parents - they have an ease even more when the girls appear with them at events. There is something so lovely about the way Leonor and Sofia interact with their parents when out and about it is obivious that behind the seens they are hands on parents.

I dont see Letizia having any more children - they were both difficult pregnancies on the princess and having two c sections as well probably means a third child isnt going to happen. If Leonor becomes Queen i think this will be great for Spain.

Hopefully we will see the girls on an outing at some point during the christmas holidays

Marika86 12-22-2010 06:43 PM

Leonor & Sofia on the cover of "Semana" & "Lecturas"

Alondra 12-23-2010 02:24 AM

"In addition to that, Letizia doesnt strike me as the most maternal person on earth, in her pre-princess life she was very career-orientated, when Felipe said he wanted more than two and less than five children she made a rather sceptical remark during engagement press meeting."

I find your comments biased and unfortunate - you don't know Princess Letizia to make these kind of assertations.

I don't know if she's a great mother or not but looking at the perpetual smiles of her children, I think they display all signs of being happy kids. Considering both their parents work challenging schedules (like all CPs do), to judge a woman's feelings in such, cold dismissive manner is out of place.

Little_Sunshine 12-23-2010 01:23 PM

Aww, Leonor & Sofia are just beautiful!
Two wonderful girls :wub:

monic 12-23-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_Sunshine (Post 1180031)
Aww, Leonor & Sofia are just beautiful!
Two wonderful girls :wub:

There's nothing more to add! They're wonderful!:flowers:

dazzling 12-25-2010 08:50 AM

The new thread can be found here :flowers: