The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/infanta-leonor-and-infanta-sof-a-news-and-pictures-part-4-june-2008-december-2010-a-17450.html)

LadyK 06-18-2008 08:28 PM

Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

Welcome to the new thread dedicated to
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia

The previous thread can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.
  • All pictures posted here, must be posted with the permission of the copyright holder. Links to the pictures can be posted freely
  • No watermarked pictures can be posted
  • Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion: don't forget to be respectful!

Have Fun!

Ccile 07-10-2008 05:04 AM

La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real
Vanitatis.com - La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real

I would love to see some pics of that!!!! she must be so nice in that costum!!!

princess leonor 07-10-2008 05:13 AM

Thanks sooo much for that article Cécile! How sweet Leonor as Sandy. haha I would love to see pictures of it as well, although that is highly unlikely!

Paty 07-10-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cécile76 (Post 797402)
La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real
Vanitatis.com - La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real

I would love to see some pics of that!!!! she must be so nice in that costum!!!

For those who don´t understand Spanish:
The article sais that Infanta Leonor attended a party to celebrate the end of her time in nursery school. All the children were dressed as flim "Grease". Leonor was dressed of "Sandy" with a white dress and she dances with the others children. The Queen, Letizia, Felipe and Paloma Rocasolano (Letizia´s mother) was there, and they enjoy watching Leonor dancing and having fun.

Ccile 07-10-2008 06:32 AM

the article doesn't say when this party was! do you have any indications about that??

Paty 07-10-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cécile76 (Post 797417)
the article doesn't say when this party was! do you have any indications about that??

No, I haven´t a date, but the article sais that Infanta Leonor attended a party to celebrate the end of her time in nursery school.

Duke of Marmalade 07-10-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 797424)
I don´t know the word in English...maybe ("End of term")

That's correct although we are talking about a daycare center and not about a school as yet :smile:. Anyway it happended before everybody headed off to vacation, daycare center is done now. Leonor will soon make many new friends in pre-school. She's only three and already fully included in what will turn out to become the usual treadmill ... but I think it's a good thing for her. She should mix up with other children as much as possible, her sister will follow soon.

Looking forward to see the girls again ... Sofia should be able to walk now, at least when holding on to her parents' hands.

Paty 07-10-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 797430)
That's correct although we are talking about a daycare center and not about a school as yet :smile:. Anyway it happended before everybody headed off to vacation, daycare center is done now. Leonor will soon make many new friends in pre-school. She's only three and already fully included in what will turn out to become the usual treadmill ... but I think it's a good thing for her. She should mix up with other children as much as possible, her sister will follow soon.

Looking forward to see the girls again ... Sofia should be able to walk now, at least when holding on to her parents' hands.

Thanks Duke, the administrator Warren helped me and I corret it.

I think will be able to see Sofia first steps in Mallorca soon...:rolleyes:. It would be a really party to see both sisters this holidays!

Mari_* 07-10-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty
I think will be able to see Sofia first steps in Mallorca soon...:rolleyes:.

:wub::wub: Yayyy that's why I love summer! :smile:
How cute Leooo dressed up like Sandy, im sure the Princes enjoyed so much watching their girl having so much fun!

zhangwenjie 07-30-2008 04:40 AM

Can Leonor still be the crown princess if she got a brother?Has the Spainish Constitution of 1978 been abolished? Really hope that Europians may not treat girls just like Asians and Africans.

RhapsodyBrat 07-30-2008 05:37 AM

:previous: To answer your question: no, there has been no change in the constitution's provisions for succession, which means boys still take precedence in inheriting the throne.

Duke of Marmalade 07-30-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat (Post 805274)
:previous: To answer your question: no, there has been no change in the constitution's provisions for succession, which means boys still take precedence in inheriting the throne.

This is true. Her situation now is similar to Princess Elizabeth before becoming Queen Elizabeth II. With Felipe, whose title is heir apparent, becoming King, Leonors title will be heiress presumptive and not heiress apparent as a brother would always take preference unless the constitution is changed.

acdc1 08-04-2008 11:03 AM

Seeing new pictures of Infanta Sofia, I think that she looks like Infanta Cristina and even her son, Miguel.

zhangwenjie 08-08-2008 02:42 PM

o,how poor Leonor is, wish her has no bother. And, my god,taking words to actions is really slow in Spain

fanprincipesasturi 08-24-2008 03:27 PM

https://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com...x?IdObjeto=572

And you, how are called? ”, the phrase that repeats infant Leonor more, daughter of the Princes

Tuesday, 12 of August of 2008
Infant Leonor, who from the beginning surprised by her self-confidence and by the tranquillity whereupon she faced the photographers, continues behaving in the familiar and public life with the same spontaneity. Perhaps she has learned of Do6na Sofia who the best conversation is born from a question. And she already has chosen a very simple one.

Duke of Marmalade 09-08-2008 05:49 AM

According to this article Vanitatis.com - La Familia Real intensifica sus actos en otoño Infanta Leonor will join her new school, College Nuestra Señora de los Rosales from next Monday, following into the footsteps of her father.

Ccile 09-08-2008 06:06 AM

Do we have a photoshoot as past year???

Paty 09-08-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cécile76 (Post 820496)
Do we have a photoshoot as past year???

No official comunication yet!

texguy 10-26-2008 05:41 PM

Titles for the children of the Heir

I have a Question about what tiles if any would Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía would be given when they reach adult hood?.

I know that the daughters of the King and Queen have there own Titles like the
Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo and Infanta Cristina, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca.

Would the Infanta's recive their own dukedom's or something?.

Paty 10-26-2008 07:20 PM

The Heir to the Spanish throne bears the official titles of Prince/Princess of Asturias, Prince/Princess of Viana, Prince/Princess of Girona, Duke/Duchess of Montblanc, Count/Countess of Cervera and Lord/Lady of Balaguer.

The Infantas Elena and Cristina, received the Titles of Duchess of Lugo and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca for life, when they got married.

This is what it says about this subject in the Spanish Constitution:

Quote:

The King's sons and daughters not possessing the Dignity of Prince or Princess of the Asturias, as well as the children of the latter Prince or Princess, shall be Infantes or Infantas of Spain, respectively, and shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. Their spouses, whilst they continue being so or stay a widower or widow, shall be entitled to the form of address and honours The King, as a gracious decision, may grant them, pursuant to the powers vested upon Him by paragraph f) of Article 62 of the Constitution.

The children of an Infante or Infanta of Spain shall have the consideration of Spanish Grandees, but shall not be entitled by virtue there of to a special form of address other than that of Your Excellency.

May be you would like to take a look at this:
The Royal Household of His Majesty the King_ Welcome

texguy 10-27-2008 12:00 AM

thanks for the reply.

So from what your saying is that only daughters get titles when they get married?.

Duke of Marmalade 10-27-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texguy (Post 843565)
thanks for the reply.

So from what your saying is that only daughters get titles when they get married?.

Sex will only matter at this stage in case Letizia has a son - he will become Prince of Asturias, the title of the heir. Leonor and Sofia would get similar Dukedom titles as Elena & Cristina did.

Without a brother, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias as heiress, her sister Sofia will get a dukedom title, same goes for a possible brother, in case the constitution is being changed.

Leonor's husband will become HRH Prince of Spain, plus another title Leonor already bears as heiress, according to the list Paty provided, eg Duke of Montblanc (similar to HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinborough), but never HM. His title will remain even when Leonor becomes Queen (in contrast, female consorts become Queen, like Letizia or Queen Silvia of Sweden).

Paty 10-27-2008 07:23 AM

In this case it´s just a coincidence. The Title of the Heir is Prince/Princess of Asturias and the cossort will be Princess of Asturias (only in femele conssorts). When Prince Felipe become King then Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, but we dont know what title will breads her conssort, as the male conssort dont get the Prince of Asturias Title.

You can see in case of the Infantas Elena and Cristina. Jaime de Marichlar and Iñaki Urdangarin doesn´t got the Infantes Title as they are male conssorts, so King Juan Carlos granted to the new marrieds those Titles.

Do you undestand?

Duke of Marmalade 10-27-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 843624)
In this case it´s just a coincidence. The Title of the Heir is Prince/Princess of Asturias and the cossort will be Princess of Asturias (only in femele conssorts). When Prince Felipe become King then Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, but we dont know what title will breads her conssort, as the male conssort dont get the Prince of Asturias Title.

Yes, I agree. Leonor's husband will get a title but not the "Prince of Asturias", my earlier suggestion was Duke of Montblanc etc. But he will be HRH Prince Whoever, Duke / Count / Lord of Something.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Sweden should Victoria ever get married, what title / style her husband gets.

IMO it's a bit unfair on the males as most female consorts become "Queen" or share the title of the heir with their husbands (Princess of Asturias, Princess of Wales) but the males won't become "King" - probably too much associated with the conception of a reigning monarch - and are not allowed to share the destinctive title of the heiress. Prince Claus even kept the title he already held, Jonkheer van Amsberg, apart from becoming a Prince of the Netherlands. Unlike Letizia CP Maxima was not allowed to take on her husband's title "Princess of Orange" - what will be Catharina-Amalia's title as heiress - but is styled Princess of Orange-Nassau.

Paty 10-27-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 843635)
Yes, I agree. Leonor's husband will get a title but not the "Prince of Asturias", my earlier suggestion was Duke of Montblanc etc. But he will be HRH Prince Whoever, Duke / Count / Lord of Something.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Sweden should Victoria ever get married, what title / style her husband gets.

This is what the Spanish Constitutions says:

Quote:

Royal Decree 1368/1987, dated 6 th November, regulating titles, forms of address and honours pertaining to the Royal Family and to the Regents

Article 1
  • The holder of the Crown shall be termed The King or The Queen of Spain and He or She may use the other titles pertaining to the Crown, as well as the other peerages belonging to the Royal Family. He or She shall be addressed as His or Her Majesty.
  • The King of Spain's wife, whilst She remains His spouse or stays a widow, shall be termed The Queen and be addressed as Her Majesty, being entitled to the honours pertaining to Her Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.
  • The King of Spain's wife, whilst She remains His spouse or stays a widow, shall be termed The Queen and be addressed as Her Majesty, being entitled to the honours pertaining to Her Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.
Article 2

The heir to the Crown shall, as from his or her birth or as from the moment the fact giving rise to such entitlement arises, possess the Dignity of The Prince or The Princess of the Asturias, as well as the remaining titles traditionally attached to the Successor to the Crown and be entitled to the honours pertaining to him or her by virtue thereof. He or she shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. The same Dignity and form of address shall correspond to his or her spouse, with the honours deriving therefrom, pursuant to the laws of the Realm.

• The King's sons and daughters not possessing the Dignity of Prince or Princess of the Asturias, as well as the children of the latter Prince or Princess, shall be Infantes or Infantas of Spain, respectively, and shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. Their spouses, whilst they continue being so or stay a widower or widow, shall be entitled to the form of address and honours The King, as a gracious decision, may grant them, pursuant to the powers vested upon Him by paragraph f) of Article 62 of the Constitution.

Add:

I was wrong!! for what Understanded, Leonor´s spouse will be Prince of Asturias as well, right?

Duke of Marmalade 10-27-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 843643)
Well, indeed we don´t know if the Leonor´s husban will get the "His Royal Higness" or the Prince Title. There is nothing about this in the Spanish Constitution.

Yes there is, royal decree from 1987, article 3 :flowers:

The husband of The Queen of Spain, whilst he remains so or stays a widower, shall be entitled to the Dignity of Prince. He shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness and be entitled to the honours pertaining to his Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.

And right so, the poor guy deserves to become a Prince, just imagine him among his peers without a proper title!

Paty 10-27-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 843654)
Yes there is, royal decree from 1987, article 3 :flowers:

The husband of The Queen of Spain, whilst he remains so or stays a widower, shall be entitled to the Dignity of Prince. He shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness and be entitled to the honours pertaining to his Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.

And right so, the poor guy deserves to become a Prince, just imagine him among his peers without a proper title!

Yes, Duke. I was wrong. I edited my post.
And when Leonor will be Princess os Asturias, her husban will be Prince of Asturias as well.

Duke of Marmalade 10-27-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 843659)
Yes, Duke. I was wrong. I edited my post.
And when Leonor will be Princess os Asturias, her husban will be Prince of Asturias as well.

I was wrong too Paty :flowers:
From what you copied it does appear that Leonor's husband would become Prince of Asturias what is fair but on the other hand quite strange as "The Prince of Asturias" is too much associated with being the heir (as much as it would be strange to call a male Queen consort "King").

Maybe the solution will be that he technically bears the title but does not use it (kind of doing a Camilla who is the Princess of Wales but is only known as the Dutchess of Cornwall).

Paty 10-27-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 843666)
I was wrong too Paty :flowers:
From what you copied it does appear that Leonor's husband would become Prince of Asturias what is fair but on the other hand quite strange as "The Prince of Asturias" is too much associated with being the heir (as much as it would be strange to call a male Queen consort "King").

Maybe the solution will be that he technically bears the title but does not use it (kind of doing a Camilla who is the Princess of Wales but is only known as the Dutchess of Cornwall).

Yes I´m totally agree with your comment, it has a lot of sense.

madeleine victoria 10-30-2008 12:01 PM

I'm really looking forward to CPss Victoria's wedding since it may affect the constitution of other countries. I think Spain should amend their constitution and put the first born to be the sovereign, whether male or female. I kinda like Leonor to become Queen Leonor of Spain. She must be an excellent queen.

LadyFinn 10-30-2008 03:57 PM

Hola!/LA INFANTA LEONOR CELEBRARÁ EN FAMILIA Y CON AMIGOS SU TERCER CUMPLEAÑOS

Duke of Marmalade 10-31-2008 10:49 AM

Leonor (wearing a mask) on her 3rd birthday, being picked up by her parents from school. Letizia is still wearing yesterdays outfit ...

REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Letizia d'Espagne, mais quel est son secret?
(thanks to giov)

lula 10-31-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 846023)
Leonor (wearing a mask) on her 3rd birthday, being picked up by her parents from school. Letizia is still wearing yesterdays outfit ...

REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Letizia d'Espagne, mais quel est son secret?
(thanks to giov)

The photos are not of today, today it is the day of the teacher and the girl did not have school.

Duke of Marmalade 10-31-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 846025)
The photos are not of today, today it is the day of the teacher and the girl did not have school.

The photos are actually from Wednesday October 29th. Nevertheless, looks like the children had some kind of party.

Ccile 10-31-2008 01:21 PM

Is there a way to have those pics directly on the forum?? because I don't know how to save them on my PC!

thanks!

nouwrein 10-31-2008 01:23 PM

Maybe these photos were taken on the 30th, after their act in Caceres, hence the same outfit. Otherwise, if it's indeed taken on the 29th, then Leti wore the suit 2 days in a row :ohmy:

Paty 10-31-2008 01:27 PM

The Pictures were taken Yesterday,when the Princes retrun from Caceres. The French capation, says "Published on 31 October"

Also Felipe wears the same outfit
https://www.casareal.es/imagen_ampliada-ides-idphp.php

BeautyLeonor 10-31-2008 04:16 PM

Can someone put the pics, I can't see them

White Princess 11-01-2008 06:13 AM

Shall Leonor become Queen, she'll be Leonor II (The second)? :ermm:

Ya know that, in the past, consorts of the reinging queens in Spain and in Portugal got the title of "King-consort" and still had a number of reign. (For exemplo, the husband of Mary II of Portugal was Ferdinand II).

I mean, if Leonor become queen, will happen the same? Her husband will be king? :ohmy:

Ccile 11-01-2008 08:01 AM

Here are the pics!!

Hebergement gratuit d'images, heberger vos photos pour forum, msn et site sur casimages
Hebergement gratuit d'images, heberger vos photos pour forum, msn et site sur casimages

carlota 11-01-2008 08:35 AM

my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias. while it may not be in the constitution, it's just logical to assume that if the 'duchess of XY' marries someone, he becomes the 'duke of XY'. therefore i guess the same would apply to the person that leonor marries.

Her_Majesty 11-01-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 846509)
my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias.

But isn't "Princ of Asturias" just the title for the Heir? :unsure:
Like the "Prince of Wales" or the "Prince of Orange"?

I suppose Leonor's husband (how funny we are already discussing about a future husband of the toddler :lol:) would become something like a Prince Consort.

carlota 11-01-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 846510)
But isn't "Princ of Asturias" just the title for the Heir? :unsure:
Like the "Prince of Wales" or the "Prince of Orange"?

I suppose Leonor's husband (how funny we are already discussing about a future husband of the toddler :lol:) would become something like a Prince Consort.

yes, i didn't actually think of that. i guess this is behind the issue of female equality. i guess by the time leonor marries it will be much more incorporated.

lula 11-12-2008 02:13 PM

New doll of the Infanta Leonor dressed in her school uniform

https://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2008/11/12/893976.jpg

lula 11-13-2008 10:01 AM

A doll of Princess Leonor, elder daughter of the Crown Prince Felipe of Asturias and the Princess Letizia, made by a toy factory in Alicante. The doll, wich represents Leonor dressed with the school uniform, will be sold in limited edition for collectors.

ANP Beeldbank

Duke of Marmalade 11-13-2008 10:29 AM

La muñeca de Leonor también va al cole | elmundo.es

40 - 45 Euros is the doll supposed to cost. I wonder who likes such stuff ... it doesn't even look like Leonor. It's the curse of being the heir(ess) = public property, nobody came up with the idea to do a Sofia doll.

lula 11-13-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 852391)
La muñeca de Leonor también va al cole | elmundo.es

40 - 45 Euros is the doll supposed to cost. I wonder who likes such stuff ... it doesn't even look like Leonor. It's the curse of being the heir(ess) = public property, nobody came up with the idea to do a Sofia doll.

There is a baby doll Infanta Sofía ... and dolls Leonor with 1 and 2 years, with different dresses.

Duke of Marmalade 11-13-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 852400)
There is a baby doll Infanta Sofía ... and dolls Leonor with 1 and 2 years, with different dresses.

Oh thanks I didn't know that. I do recall the other Leonor dolls ... not really my cup of tea either.

Hola, dolly! Spain falls for a regal toy - Times Online
No Lo VeO ClarO » La muñeca Infanta Leonor

Rebafan81 11-13-2008 01:00 PM

Oh my gosh, the doll of Leonor when she was a baby is awesome. She is and was such a beautiful child, the doll looks just like her.
I couldn't see the picture of Sofia, can anyone post it, please!!

ANNIE_S 11-17-2008 12:22 PM

:wub: beautiful doll for a beautiful little princess!
Will F&L buy a doll for her next Christmas?
It would be a lovely present! And it would be a very funny photo!:lol:

avrilo 11-17-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 846509)
my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias. while it may not be in the constitution, it's just logical to assume that if the 'duchess of XY' marries someone, he becomes the 'duke of XY'. therefore i guess the same would apply to the person that leonor marries.

I dont think so, like they said before Prince of Asturias is a title for the heir, I think it will happen something like what happens with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, his title is the Duke of Edimburgh, not Prince of Wales or anything like that. Same goes for Queen Margarethe of Denmark and Prince Henrik. Her husband will have a title, but not the same as hers.

Intersting discussion, should we start a new thread about it.

And lovely doll! looks just like LEO

Empress 11-17-2008 08:45 PM

I agree. I think Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, assuming they do not have a male child, and that they do change the constitution if they do have a male child, and her future husband will also be given a title, but not Prince of Asturias. It just does not work that way strangely enough. The female always takes on the titles of her husband, but not the other way around.

Were the husbands of the infantas made Dukes in their own right? Or have their titles devolved from their wives titles? And if so, were the infantas made duchesses in their own right?

Duke of Marmalade 11-18-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress (Post 854748)
Were the husbands of the infantas made Dukes in their own right? Or have their titles devolved from their wives titles? And if so, were the infantas made duchesses in their own right?

If I recall correctly the Infantas got their titles upon marriage, granted by the King and will keep them for life - but this is where it ends, it's not a hereditary title. The husbands are only Dukes by marriage so in case Elena gets divorced it is likely that the title will be taken off Jaime, depending on the King's decision of course.

Paty 11-18-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress (Post 854748)
I agree. I think Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, assuming they do not have a male child, and that they do change the constitution if they do have a male child, and her future husband will also be given a title, but not Prince of Asturias. It just does not work that way strangely enough. The female always takes on the titles of her husband, but not the other way around.

Duke of Marmalade and I were discussing about this issue in previous post, see post from 22 and 29. There are quotes about what the Spanish constitution says about this.

Carminha Stalker 11-18-2008 06:56 AM

I liked the doll dressed in school clothes! The hair especially is a perfect immitation of the little Infanta. Spanish dolls are always very nicely made.

PrincessofEurope 11-18-2008 05:18 PM

Any news of Sofia going to pre-school - could see maybe start after christmas or will se have to wait until Spetember

Mari_* 11-18-2008 11:08 PM

Sofii is a little thing :wub::wub:
I guess she will start in september :smile:

Camarina 12-07-2008 08:50 AM

Los estudiantes de montes regalarán a las infantas un abeto por navidad - 30/11/08 - EcoDiario.es

"The students of the Engineering School of Montes in Madrid will give this holiday season to Infantas Leonor and Sofia a fir Christmas "of their height" so that they can decorate themselves(...)
(...)Students of Engineering Montes want that Infantas to decorate their own tree to "share with them a passion for the care of the mountains."

janelarn 12-08-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Capítulo Primero: De la Real Familia

Artículo 1º
  1. <LI class=textojustificado>El titular de la corona se denominará Rey o Reina de España y podrá utilizar los demás títulos que correspondan a la Corona, así como las otras dignidades nobiliarias que pertenezcan a la Casa Real. Recibirá el tratamiento de Majestad. <LI class=textojustificado>La consorte del Rey de España, mientras lo sea o permanezca viuda, recibirá la denominación de Reina y el tratamiento de Majestad, así como los honores correspondientes a su Dignidad que se establezcan en el ordenamiento jurídico.
  2. Al consorte de la Reina de España, mientras lo sea o permanezca viudo, corresponderá la Dignidad de Príncipe. Recibirá el tratamiento de Alteza Real y los honores correspondientes a su Dignidad que se establezcan en el ordenamiento jurídico.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The husband of Leonor, will be also a prince of Asturias, but when Leonor is a queen, her husband only will be prince and colitigant of the queen ... with treatment of Royal Highness...

When Felipe Will be a king, Letizia will be a queen with treatment of "Majesty"...
It is very possible that this should be changed also in our Constitution in order that the husbands of the future queens, also could have the dignity of "King" and the treatment of "Majesty"

Duke of Marmalade 12-11-2008 11:27 AM

Article on Leonor

She's being described as a similar character as grandpa Juan Carlos, affable, social, popular - not having inherited the shyness of her father or the seriousness of her mother.

Vanitatis.com - La galleta de Leonor

In the article an event is mentioned, probably polemic, that Leonor saw a classmate with cookies in her hand. Her natural instinct was to go there and ask if she could get one for herself. Letizia did not like the attitude of her daughter, telling her that she was eating all the time anyway so no need to ask others for additional food. True or not, I don't know, but most likely one of the first of many many more Leonor encounters that will apprear in the press in the next years. For now there is no impact as the girl can't read etc but very soon media coverage will start occupying her mind.

If true funny enough that Letizia has already started to control the eating habits of her daughter. Leonor will become a strong, tall girl, good in sports like sailing or skiing, very much like her aunts and very unlike her tiny & skinny mother. My guess is that Leonor will look pretty average as a teenager & adult, like her aunts, but will have plenty of Borbon stamina features what is good for her future role. On the opposite, her sister Sofia will collect some points in the looks department what is also good for her future role as non-important No 2 in the dynasty. Maybe she will be able to woo a foreign prince and become a Queen that way.

lula 12-11-2008 11:41 AM

Duke, this "journalist" does not have reliability, another day wrote a news saying that the Infanta Leonor was in the first course of primary ... and the primary education begins at the age of 6 :eek:... if she commits mistakes in something so simple as the age of the girl and what she studies ... I do not want to know that other things she will invent...

Duke of Marmalade 12-11-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 865846)
Duke, this "journalist" does not have reliability, another day wrote a news saying that the Infanta Leonor was in the first course of primary ... and the primary education begins at the age of 6 :eek:... if she commits mistakes in something so simple as the age of the girl and what she studies ... I do not want to know that other things she will invent...

many more stories to come I guess.

If you ask me the media should commit on not printing such stories about Leonor (or Sofia) until she gets older and more relevant for the institution with the Princes in return "presenting" their daughters more often and on "natural" occasions. I don't want to compare but I believe the Dutch are doing an excellent job here in regards to their daughters. They don't hide them away but show them on rare but popular occasions like the Sinterclaas event or summer / winter holidays, plus release many more pics on special occasions.

IMO there is no beneficial relationship or healthy balance between Zarzuela and the media in regard to the Infantas, for example the last time we had a glimpse on Sofia was in the summer, before that only twice more in Mallorca. She only got official pictures when she was born, not even on her 1st birthday like her sister. Pics of Leonor on official occasions are non-existent since then and when Letizia takes her to the circus like last year, the journalist in question writes a nasty story because Letizia refuses to have her daughter's picture taken. Royal children and especially the heirs are no normal children and the consequences are part of their upbringing too, whether the parents like it or not. It's all a question of balance, give and take.

Camarina 12-11-2008 12:20 PM

The article also said that at school Santa Maria de losRosales people speak wonders of Leonor, they say that Leonor is an extroverted girl, funny, very predisposed and always with a smile on her lips :wub:

lula 12-11-2008 12:28 PM

Duke, always the same mistake ... this one is not Letizia's decision, is a decision of the Royal House, and while there is no a change of attitude of the press with regard to the grandchildren of the Kings it is not going to change.

I do not believe that the Dutch attitude is good, at least for Spain, to threaten to the press in this country it is not a good option.

For many years the Royal House has been very permissive and the press could take photos of the grandchildren of the Kings without problems. But for a time the press has exceeded many limits and the limit it was the horrible attitude in the door of the school of the Marichalar children. For example, since then the Urdangarin have not returned to appear before the photographers in the birthdays of the children. Another example is that the children of the Infantas this summer have disappeared of the ditches. They do not prevent that they photograph them, but they do not give the facilities of before either.

For the photographers it is more difficult to accede to the Prince and his family that to the infantas. But also it is true that the photographers look for the easy photo. I remember a Christmas in which they all went to drink chocolate to a central and traditional place of Madrid, and the news was known but the photographers were unable to come in time and to do a few decent photos.

Duke of Marmalade 12-11-2008 01:07 PM

I was not blaming Letizia but Zarzuela. I don't think at this stage we can still lump together the "grandchildren of the Kings" - it's mainly about the Infantas now. With Leonor and Sofia growing older the interest in Elena's and Cristina's children will decline more and more.

I still believe that the restricive attitude with the Asturias' children is not beneficial. The media will take any opportunity they can get for articles or photos because there is not much else. Official pictures at the usual occasions don't harm but keep the public happy. I can't imagine a reason why Sofia didn't get any official christening or birthday pics - obviously she is not as important? It's all a bit forced when it comes down to the girls, not shown for almost six months now apart from Leonor having to go to school, but maybe the media would invent stories anyway. Sometimes I get the impression that they don't do all the things that we see other royal children do with their parents because they are afraid that the media could be around and take pictures, but the older the kids get the less the hideway strategy will work.

The question is how children will learn in the most natural way that the media is an inevitable part of their upbringing (what the Dutch children exprecience in a quite controlled manner) - having regulary photoshoots in private or even public appearances or being more or less being hidden away behind the palace walls and the media going ballistic when they dare to come outside two or three times a year.

Camarina 12-14-2008 10:22 AM

En el «cole», un ángel llamado Leonor - ABC2_Casas_Reales - ABC2 - ABC.es

In the school, an angel named Leonor:wub:

Infanta Leonor will participate in the Christmas function of the school Santa Maria de los Rosales.

The article also say that she will interpret the angel who poses during the Birth and she will have to sing a carol in English.
Leonor will wear a blue dress, wings and a crown of angel.

This will take place the next day 17 and in addition to the princes of Asturias is likely to attend the two grandmothers(Queen Sofía and Paloma Rocasolano) or Leonor ´s grandfather( Jesús Ortiz) with his wife( Ana Togores) or even her cousin Carla.

lula 12-14-2008 11:31 AM

:eek: Another ignorant journalist. She has repeated what the previous one has written and has committed the same mistake. She repeats that the Infanta Leonor studies the first course of primary (6 years), and Leonor is in infantile education of 3 years. In addition she demonstrates to have an absolute ignorance of the royal agenda, because Queen Sofia travels to Syria from December 16 to December 18.:nonono:

ANNIE_S 12-14-2008 12:53 PM

Oooohhh!!!Angel Leonor!!:wub:
She must to be so lovely as angel...I really would like to see her...

ANNIE_S 12-17-2008 11:36 AM

Leo and Sofi at the Princes Christmas card :wub:
Galerías de imágenes

They are absolutely beautiful girls!!

Leonor school performance: pics of the Princes of Asturias and little Sofia at their arrive to school:
Galerías de imágenes
Nice to see Sofia again. She has grown a lot...:flowers:

Carminha Stalker 12-17-2008 12:10 PM

I agree with those that think the two Infantas are too rarely shown. I think the Dutch princes have the right idea,promoting photo shoots of their girls. One day, these two girls will have to face the fact they are different from other children and cope with it.

janelarn 12-17-2008 04:38 PM

The princes of asturias have a very normal life and go out often.

We recently were, if memory serves me correctly, visiting the royal palace of Riofrio in Segovia, as a few more tourists.
They went with some friends and Leonor ..Where were the journalists?:whistling:

There is no need to expose too much publicly about a girls with one and three year of age ...

Prince Felipe said that the Infanta Leonor will attend official events when it meets at least six years
There is no hurry. Children have to have children, although they are heirs to the throne.

His whole life is in the public domain .... We're going to let them be children .... They have such a law.

I love to see photos of those two girls so cute,:wub: but I do understand that their parents want to protect them all the time they are allowed.

!
!Sofia is just one year!:nonono:

magnik 12-17-2008 05:55 PM

Thanks tht they show them to us.
They grown so much.
Leo reminds me Irene and Sofia somehow Juan Valentin or even Pss Alexia of the Netherlands....

LadyK 12-17-2008 10:28 PM

Magnik, that is exactly what I thought when I saw the picture of Sofia- she looks very similar to Princess Alexia or Princess Ariane of the Netherlands! You'd think they were related.

Drottning 12-17-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyK (Post 868887)
Magnik, that is exactly what I thought when I saw the picture of Sofia- she looks very similar to Princess Alexia or Princess Ariane of the Netherlands! You'd think they were related.

But isn't Sofia related to Princess Alexia?:ermm: Aren't they first cousins once removed?

Royal Fan 12-17-2008 11:09 PM

I Belive so anyone know for sure how close?

Drottning 12-17-2008 11:17 PM

Alexia and Felipe are first cousins. Alexia's dad, King Constantine, and Felipe's mom, Queen Sofia, are brother and sister. So that would make little Sofia Alexia's first cousin once removed.

catango 12-18-2008 12:26 AM

You are talking about Alexia of Netherlands, or Alexia of Greece???, because Prince Felipe is Alexia of Greece first cousin, but Spanish royal family isn't related with Netherland royal family, and Sofia and Alexia of netherland aren't relatives at all, in fact the don't look similar to me, just that both have very blonde hair, that's it.

QUEENECE29 12-18-2008 03:49 AM

beautiful royal girls, Leonor & Sofia

Galerías de imágenes

RhapsodyBrat 12-18-2008 04:59 AM

The Alexia being referred to (in relation to Sofia's photo) is most probably Alexia of the Netherlands, since Alexia of Greece wasn't blonde as a kid.

biboquinhas 12-18-2008 05:40 AM

wrong way...

Well I think we had this discussion before but I still think the same, it is not the case to show or no show the girls but to me they don't go out of their home often. Leonor must go out every day to go to shcool, but just this, she just don't go to a Park, she just don't go out on the streets, to a shop...never we have seen this girl interact with other normal children. And Sofia also of course. Sofia must be all the time inside Zarzuela. Of course Zarzuela is big and has everything but to me is this wrong, they must see what the world, they must see different things and see that the world is not only the fairy tale they have at home:nonono:!

lula 12-18-2008 06:08 AM

Biboquinhas, the Princes go to shops, to restaurants, to the cinema, to friends' houses ... and it is strange the occasion in which the press obtains these images. The same thing happens with the girls. For discretion and for safety, they support their private life privately. And only casually, or when the Royal House decides to warn them the photographers can obtain some image more.

In this aspect, the Princes do a life similar to the one that does any family in Madrid that does not live in the downtown.

Ccile 12-18-2008 08:47 AM

Little Sofia is so cute!!! she's so blond and has lovely eyes!!
Leonor is still adorable!

Those 2 little girls are really precious and they are different!!! hte princes must be so proud to have those 2 dolls!

It's a great christmas card!

Her_Majesty 12-18-2008 09:08 AM

I'd like to ask you to use this thread instead to comment on the christmascards released by the Prince and Princess of Asturias.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-12296-7.html
Thank you.

White Princess 12-18-2008 10:38 AM

Sofia has her mother's green eyes. :)

biboquinhas 12-22-2008 10:32 AM

Sofia is sucht a Bourbon girl!!!

Camarina 12-22-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 870536)

Sofía is more Ortiz than Borbon imo.

giov 12-22-2008 12:31 PM

IMO Sofia has the same eyes, the same mouth and the same face shape as Letizia. She looks by fare more Ortiz than Borbon to me too!
Unfortunately she is not smiling as much as Leonor in the Christmas card, but I know it is not that easy to make a little child smile when you want!

White Princess 01-03-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 870536)

Never! She has nothing of Bourbons. Infanta Elena's children who have.

Carminha Stalker 01-03-2009 01:03 PM

I think Sofia is very similar to Infanta Cristina when she was a child.

Kotroman 01-15-2009 12:13 PM

Leonor as queen

I am not sure if this has been already discussed. What do you think which ordinal will Leonor assume? No queen of Castile or Aragon has been named Leonor (Eleanor), but there has been a queen of Navarre named Leonor. Is it possible for her to be known as Leonor II? It would've been much easier if they named her Isabel (Isabel III) or Juana (Juana II)...

Also, what title is her husband going to have? Husbands of Spanish queens traditionally became iure uxoris monarchs (not just consorts). Will he be titled king or something lesser (such as Count of Barcelona)?

ANNIE_S 01-15-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotroman (Post 879976)
I am not sure if this has been already discussed. What do you think which ordinal will Leonor assume? No queen of Castile or Aragon has been named Leonor (Eleanor), but there has been a queen of Navarre named Leonor. Is it possible for her to be known as Leonor II? It would've been much easier if they named her Isabel (Isabel III) or Juana (Juana II)...

Also, what title is her husband going to have? Husbands of Spanish queens traditionally became iure uxoris monarchs (not just consorts). Will he be titled king or something lesser (such as Count of Barcelona)?

Well, I actually don´t know which will be her ordinal, but I believe that it will be Leonor I, because there hasn´t still been a "Leonor I of Spain"

Kotroman 01-15-2009 03:41 PM

There hasn't been Isabella I of Spain either, yet there has been Isabella II of Spain (much like Elizabeth I of England and Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom). Other Spanish examples include Ferdinand VI - first monarch of the united Spain named Ferdinand - and Alfonso XII - first monarch of the united Spain named Alfonso.

Spanish monarchs certainly take ordinals from Castilian monarchs and perhaps they would take ordinals from Aragonese monarchs if the opportunity arises, but I am not sure about taking ordinals from monarchs of small kingdoms such as Navarre. I'd personally prefer Leonor II, because it would represent the unity of Spain and equality between the regions.

Still, what about the future husband? King of Spain or something lesser (like Count of Barcelona)?

RhapsodyBrat 01-16-2009 12:05 AM

:previous: I think you can find the answers re: the future husband's title (should Leonor have no brother and become queen) at the previous pages of this thread.

Kotroman 01-16-2009 03:02 PM

So, it is already settled that her husband will be HRH The Prince of Spain? Too bad. I hoped thay would stick to their tradition and make him king (though I hoped king consort, not iure uxoris king). Spain had a king consort even in the 19th century, so the practice is not outdated.

Rebafan81 01-16-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Princess (Post 869013)
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2452/110kga8kp8.jpg

Look how big they are! Sofía has grown too fast!

is anyone else having trouble with this link, I can't access the picture. :nonono::ohmy:

mapian 01-17-2009 02:35 PM

I think it is Christmas card pic.

Ella Kay 01-17-2009 02:49 PM

There's an extra http in the link. Here's a fixed link: https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2452/110kga8kp8.jpg

Stefan 01-17-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotroman (Post 880098)

Still, what about the future husband? King of Spain or something lesser (like Count of Barcelona)?

According to the Royal Decree about the Titles from 1987 an husband of a reigning Queen will be Prince. But that doesn't mean that it could not be changed later when the situation actually happens and a husband becomes King-Consort like in the past.

sgl 01-18-2009 12:29 AM

These little Infantas are so beautiful! I think they resemble both parents. I see a bit of Letizia in their faces.

chuchu 01-18-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 881132)
These little Infantas are so beautiful! I think they resemble both parents. I see a bit of Letizia in their faces.

I think they have more of Letizia's features than Felipe.