The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-11-june-october-2008-a-17440.html)

Warren 06-18-2008 10:19 AM

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008

Princess Beatrice of York 11

commencing June 2008

Part 10 covering the period May and June 2008 can be found here.

Please remember that this thread is to discuss her activities, not to harp on endlessly about her weight, her appearance, and her clothes.

~  ~

Russophile 06-18-2008 08:39 PM

MARG asked in the other thread if that was really Amy Winehouse's name.
From Wiki--which I do think needs to be taken with a grain of salt but they have no reason to lie here--that is her real name.

Birth name Amy Jade Winehouse Born 14 September 1983 (1983-09-14) (age 24)
Southgate, London, EnglandAmy Winehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those Ascot pics have Beatrice looking an awful lot like her mother.

iceflower 06-26-2008 03:33 AM

Pics 25./26.6.2008

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clarke leaving Whisky
Mist bar in Mayfair together. London, England - 25./26.06.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Menarue 06-26-2008 05:26 AM

We are asked to concentrate on Princess Beatrice´s activities.
Anyone know of any activity that doesn´t take place in a bar, disco, shop or holiday resort? If so we can discuss it here.

Bella 06-26-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 791681)
Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clarke leaving Whisky
Mist bar in Mayfair together. London, England - 25./26.06.08

Thanks, Ice. Her activitiy of being seen w that goof is questionable. His activity of wearing the same outfit is also questionable.

charlottestreasures 06-26-2008 05:59 PM

I am and have always been a follower and true supporter of the "Royal Family", but one does get so tired of Beatrice and her holidays and bar hopping and yet have the title of HRH and is entitled to security. Can't the Queen do anything about it????

Andrew praised Fergie for her childrearing skills!

Menarue 06-26-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlottestreasures (Post 791921)
I am and have always been a follower and true supporter of the "Royal Family", but one does get so tired of Beatrice and her holidays and bar hopping and yet have the title of HRH and is entitled to security. Can't the Queen do anything about it????

Andrew praised Fergie for her childrearing skills!

That shows how much Prince Andrew knows about child rearing.....:rolleyes:

pamk 06-26-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 791707)
Anyone know of any activity that doesn´t take place in a bar, disco, shop or holiday resort? If so we can discuss it here.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... the rare charity outing with Mummy or overseas government jaunt with Dads - otherwise - I don't think so!

Jo of Palatine 06-27-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 791707)

Seh really seems to be a girl without any hobbies or interests that manifest in pictures. But who knows. probably she is photographed so often leaving bars etc. because that's where the phtographrs are. And if she eg goes into a museum or art gallery we simply don't get to know about that. Or if she's into riding or another sport: probably she prefers to do her training behind closed doors at Windsor or swims in Buckingham Palace's pool like Diana did. There are many things she could do without attracting the notice of photographers. She might only appear to embrace celebrity culture because she turns up occasionally at places where the paparazzi wait for celebs. Who knows?

But if she is really going to study design at Goldsmith's she needed to present a portfolio of work in order to be taken on, at least that's what they say here:

Goldsmiths > BA (Hons) Design

Entrance requirements:
You need to demonstrate post-16 study in art and design (a Foundation course, vocational A-level or a related NVQ Level 3) or be a GCE A-level student with a strong art and design portfolio. Mature students without formal qualifications who have relevant work experience and/or art and design work are also welcomed. Selection process:
At interview stage you will present a portfolio of work (including art and/or design pieces, sketch books and written assignments). You also submit a 200-word critical reflection on a piece of design of your choice.

End of quote.

So she needed to produce such a portfolio etc. because I doubt they took her on without it only because she's a princess. But her mother said she would study history, where her A-levels are sufficient to be accepted. We'll see what she will study finally.

Menarue 06-27-2008 05:58 AM

We can only hope Jo. So far she is portrayed, admittedly by journalists, as pretty futile.
Then again. cutting ribbons and launching ships isn´t that useful a pastime.
Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List? Since the rules have been changed I am a bit confused. If she isn´t then of course the young lady can do as she pleases and with everyone´s blessing. It is just that we have been asked to comment on her activities.

Skydragon 06-27-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 792040)
We can only hope Jo. So far she is portrayed, admittedly by journalists, as pretty futile.
Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List? Since the rules have been changed I am a bit confused. If she isn´t then of course the young lady can do as she pleases and with everyone´s blessing. It is just that we have been asked to comment on her activities.

She doesn't receive any money from the civil list but her father receives an allowance from HM and payment for his apparent job. I think her money probably comes from allowances from her parents and trust funds. :flowers:

Menarue 06-27-2008 06:31 AM

I have just read that the club she went to twice running this week Whisky Mist costs £550 a year membership. There was a picture of her very bleary eyed leaving it on her second night. She certainly gives, or seems to give, the photographers a lot of unflattering photo opportunities.

Bella 06-27-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Which is precisely why most people I know think monarchies and royals aren't useful.

Warren 06-27-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List?

This is really straightforward: there are just TWO people on the Civil List, the Queen and her husband. For full details, see the Monarchy website.

Menarue 06-27-2008 11:56 AM

I wonder what Prince Edward and Prince Andrew live off? Do they have jobs?
Prince Edward has an enormous house but I suppose the estate supports itself. I am just curious not begrudging. Then of course there is Princess Anne she carries out royal duties, does she get an allowance?

iceflower 06-28-2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 792046)
I have just read that the club she went to twice running this week Whisky Mist costs £550 a year membership. There was a picture of her very bleary eyed leaving it on her second night. She certainly gives, or seems to give, the photographers a lot of unflattering photo opportunities.

Here's the link with the picture you've mentioned

Bleary-eyed Bea visits same nightspot twice in two nights

Poor Bea, they always tend to choose those bad shots of her..

Mermaid1962 06-28-2008 05:08 PM

I honestly wish that the press would leave her alone. Printing unflattering pictures is just a cruel thing to do to a 19 or 20-year-old girl.:bang:

Bella 06-29-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 792409)
Here's the link with the picture you've mentioned

Bleary-eyed Bea visits same nightspot twice in two nights

Poor Bea, they always tend to choose those bad shots of her..

Dang! They must choose the absolute most unflattering pic to publish of this girl. Hey, she's 19. She's doing what most 19 y/olds do: going out on the town w her friends! She's royal and she's rich and perhaps she should use a bit more discretion, but she's not out killing babies or something.

Duchess 06-29-2008 11:30 AM

i think you're right. she's dong the same thing a lot of people her age are doing.

sneeuwklokje 06-29-2008 12:39 PM

Well, than that says a lot about the present young generation doesn't it??

Menarue 06-29-2008 12:47 PM

It is not as though Princess Beatrice doesn´t know that the photographers are waiting to get a picture like this. She definitely looked under the weather but there is something else there, I feel that for some reason they have taken a dislike to her. When they like someone they usually don´t print this kind of photo. Perhaps they are getting bored waiting outside night clubs with heavy cameras and are starting to find her a little futile.
There is one way she can avoid this kind of photo opportunity, fewer nights out in public places even perhaps a splash of cold water on her face before leaving and making sure she leaves when she is still able to make a dignified exit.

sneeuwklokje 06-29-2008 12:50 PM

A bit of visible charity work wouldn't be half bad either.

Bella 06-29-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 792876)

I think in every generation the "young folk" have gone out and met up w friends and partied - tho the term "party" changes every 100 years or so. In my parents' day - the early 1960s - they went out w friends (they were in college, ever more reason) and had a good time. Same w my grandparents' generation. I don't think 19 y/olds are doing anything that much different than their parents did. It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.

MARG 06-30-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 792876)

When you are 18/19 you are allowed to act like an airhead . . . . it goes with the territory! :whistling:

But, and this is a biggie, if she is still acting like this (or like Kate) at 26/27, we would definitely be in trouble. :lol:

Menarue 06-30-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 792904)
It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.

Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.

Roslyn 06-30-2008 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 792883)
A bit of visible charity work wouldn't be half bad either.

Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue
Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.

Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.

Bella 06-30-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 793136)
Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.
Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.

Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.

Roslyn 06-30-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 793208)
Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.

Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.

Skydragon 07-06-2008 11:33 AM

While their mother has stayed away from Royal occasions since she divorced the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are to be given significant roles within "the Firm".

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie to take on more royal charity work - Telegraph

Russophile 07-06-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 793475)
Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.

Sarah tends to always let the cat out of the bag. . . :whistling:

iceflower 07-07-2008 06:12 AM

Pics 6.7.2008

Princess Beatrice of York with some friends in
Saint-Tropez, France, July 6, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Menarue 07-07-2008 08:42 AM

Although I am not exactly an admirer of Princess Beatrice these are the nicest photos I have seen of her for ages. She looks very pretty in white.

Bella 07-07-2008 10:24 AM

Thanks again, Ice! However, I have to disagree w you, Menarue. I don't think these photos are flattering to Beatrice at all. I think alot of it has to do w what she's wearing. I don't understand someone who's supposedly so interested in fashion consistently screwing up when it comes to dressing herself. White babydoll dresses do not work well on someone w B's body type. In that 3rd photo I think she looks enormous.

Also, what was she doing in ST? Another va-cay? When does that charity work begin? I think this girl needs some positive spin before she gets a bad rep that'll be hard to shake.

Menarue 07-07-2008 11:31 AM

I was trying to find something nice to say Bella as I really haven´t anything else to say about the young lady. I think she leads a very futile life but I think it is not all her fault.......I thought she looked nice in white but if she is going to enter the world of fashion it will have to be a paid way. She has absolutely no taste at the moment....

Bella 07-07-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 796034)
I was trying to find something nice to say Bella as I really haven´t anything else to say about the young lady. I think she leads a very futile life but I think it is not all her fault.......I thought she looked nice in white but if she is going to enter the world of fashion it will have to be a paid way. She has absolutely no taste at the moment....

Everyone should be more like you (trying to find something nice to say) :flowers:

Warren 07-07-2008 11:38 AM

:previous:
Her friends look happy. :smile:

Skydragon 07-07-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 796036)
Everyone should be more like you (trying to find something nice to say) :flowers:

It certainly looks sunny! :biggrin: The pattern on her friends dress is pretty, as are the swimsuit/bikini straps we can see! :eek:

Menarue 07-07-2008 05:10 PM

The streets look very clean..... That poster behind them looks attractive.
:lol::whistling:

Bella 07-08-2008 10:49 AM

Ah, you're all very funny.

jaynecman 07-10-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 795978)
Although I am not exactly an admirer of Princess Beatrice these are the nicest photos I have seen of her for ages. She looks very pretty in white.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 796007)
Thanks again, Ice! However, I have to disagree w you, Menarue. I don't think these photos are flattering to Beatrice at all. I think alot of it has to do w what she's wearing. I don't understand someone who's supposedly so interested in fashion consistently screwing up when it comes to dressing herself. White babydoll dresses do not work well on someone w B's body type. In that 3rd photo I think she looks enormous.

i agree with you menura she looks good in white bella be thankfull it isnt a frilly baby doll dress

Mermaid1962 07-10-2008 05:17 PM

I don't think that her life is "futile", exactly. She seems to be a young woman trying to decide what she wants to do with her life. That's normal.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 796034)

Menarue 07-10-2008 05:50 PM

Point taken Mermaid, but while she is deciding she seems to be taking one long holiday. She has stated she wants to do something linked to fashion.....that is fine but she will have to learn that. She doesn´t seem to be a natural when it comes to fashion.
Perhaps she will surprise us in the future but at the moment I have seen one too many photos of her coming out of a night club bleary eyed but she does look nice in white.

Amelia 08-04-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Mandrake hears that Beatrice, her sister, Princess Eugenie, and their mother, Sarah, Duchess of York, are enjoying a holiday at Sir Richard's Caribbean island, Necker.
A small piece on Beatrice's holiday plans (scroll down): Has Joseph Fiennes popped the question? - Telegraph

muriel 08-05-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelia (Post 807070)
A small piece on Beatrice's holiday plans (scroll down): Has Joseph Fiennes popped the question? - Telegraph

The keys to Necker island are not easy to obtain. I doubt if 26 year old Dave Clark will have the clout within the Virgin group to get access to the island for free. I suspect this is probably a freebie that Sarah has organised

Bella 08-05-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 807367)
The keys to Necker island are not easy to obtain. I doubt if 26 year old Dave Clark will have the clout within the Virgin group to get access to the island for free. I suspect this is probably a freebie that Sarah has organised

Richard Branson is known to scrape and bow to royalty to the point of being pathetic. I guarantee this was his idea and his arranging to better position himself w members of the RF. It's even been rumored that it was HE (not Prince William as reported) who brought that Dave Clark (one of his employees) together with Pss B and who is keeping his eye on the whole relationship. I believe it.

muriel 08-05-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 807419)
Richard Branson is known to scrape and bow to royalty to the point of being pathetic. I guarantee this was his idea and his arranging to better position himself w members of the RF. It's even been rumored that it was HE (not Prince William as reported) who brought that Dave Clark (one of his employees) together with Pss B and who is keeping his eye on the whole relationship. I believe it.

Its interesting you are willing to "guarantee" facts you have little intimate knowledge of!!!!

Bella 08-05-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 807428)
Its interesting you are willing to "guarantee" facts you have little intimate knowledge of!!!!

Excuse me? First off, how do you know what I know and don't know? Second, I never said it was straight fact I was voicing my own opinion.

Warren 08-05-2008 12:09 PM

Maybe Sir Richard has his eyes set on a life peerage :biggrin:, but whatever the case we should avoid speculating as to how he may or may not be influencing the relationship between Beatrice and her current boyfriend for his own purposes.

Monika_ 08-05-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 807419)

I agree. I wish I recalled where I read it, but supposedly Diana thought he was a bit much when he wanted her to wear a red outfit for an event associated with his airline. She didn't. :)

muriel 08-06-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 807430)
Excuse me? First off, how do you know what I know and don't know? Second, I never said it was straight fact I was voicing my own opinion.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and surely this is a forum to voice our views and oinions on various matters. But lets be clear, opinions are merely opinions, and cannot be "guaranteed" - only facts can! That is why is cannot "guarantee" what you know or don't!

I have no doubts that Richard Branson could well be trying his level best of ingratiate himself with the royal family for the obvious publicity it might get him.

Menarue 08-06-2008 08:04 AM

One of the advantages of internet forums is the anonymity. I think some of us would be very surprised to know who they are conversing with. Some people, to those in the know, do not know anybody, but I think that some of you should give the benefit of the doubt to others. To say categorically that some one doesn´t have intimate knowledge of a subject, in my opinion, is a little risky. This, of course, is my opinion.

MARG 08-06-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 807797)
One of the advantages of internet forums is the anonymity. I think some of us would be very surprised to know who they are conversing with. Some people, to those in the know, do not know anybody, but I think that some of you should give the benefit of the doubt to others. To say categorically that some one doesn´t have intimate knowledge of a subject, in my opinion, is a little risky. This, of course, is my opinion.

Unfortunately exactly the opposite is true, and that is why posters ask of verification or sources.

There is an increasing tendency to guarantee or state as fact, that which is not in evidence. Worse, should anyone have the temerity to take issue with such a statement, feelings get hurt and the thread gets heated.

This forum has had a fine reputation for it's ability to enable each of us participate rationally, as it provided a level playing field. Therefore if someone is privileged to have personal information then it is up to them to "put up or shut up". Endless titillating hints that "I know something that you don't know" don't count.

Common sense would dictate discretion as the preferred option and a return to those wonderful qualifying statements . . . IMHO, IMO, I believe/guess, etc. That is at least being honest. :flowers:

Menarue 08-06-2008 09:04 AM

True, very true. I did say in my opinion :flowers:, yes, if someone does have intimate knowledge they shouldn´t say so without backing it up with, who, why and how. But you can´t expect someone to say, my first cousin, called so and so, who is the private secretary of so and so, told me that...... Books are easier to quote.
I absolutely see your point and apologise. :whistling:
I must share something that at the time amused me. A very well to do elderly lady (excuse me not publishing her name ;)) once told me seriously "I may not know someone but you can be sure that I know his/her cousin" taking into account that there is a fairly small population here I later came to the conclusion that she wasn´t exaggerating.....:flowers:

Bella 08-06-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 807770)
We are all entitled to our opinions, and surely this is a forum to voice our views and oinions on various matters. But lets be clear, opinions are merely opinions, and cannot be "guaranteed" - only facts can! That is why is cannot "guarantee" what you know or don't!

I have no doubts that Richard Branson could well be trying his level best of ingratiate himself with the royal family for the obvious publicity it might get him.

My comment "I guarantee" is a form of expression, it's a phrase. It wasn't meant to be taken as literal fact. It has the same connotation as "I bet" etc. At least that was my usage of that phrase in this instance. I didn't think a common phrase was going to be so analyzed. So for the record then, let me change things: IT IS MY PERSONAL OPINON AND BELIEF THAT THE RUMOURS I'VE HEARD ARE TRUE THAT BRANSON IS A ROYAL BROWN NOSE AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IN THE GOOD GRACES OF THE RF. Clear enough?

Bella 08-06-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menarue (Post 807797)

You are so right. Which is why it's baffling to me that someone would have the nerve to presume what someone else knows or does not know.

Warren 08-07-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 807855)
Which is why it's baffling to me that someone would have the nerve to presume what someone else knows or does not know.

The danger is that we have had so many cases in the past where members have claimed to know certain facts or to have certain intimate knowledge where there was either no substantiation, they were plain wrong, they were being deliberately misleading, or they were spreading falsehoods.

The Member FAQ, while referring to royalty, also applies to these kinds of statements applying the same principle...

I'm a member of a royal family or a friend or associate of royalty. Why can't I talk about my inside information here?

We have no way of verifying that any of our posters are really members, or friends and associates of members, of royal or noble houses, and we've had a lot of these claims over the years. Our rule requiring verifiable sources of discussion applies in these cases. Unverified claims or statements of connections to royalty may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.

It gets down to the choice of words. The use of "guarantee" can be interpreted differently so is best avoided when expressing a view as opposed to stating an acknowledged fact. In the current situation "guarantee" can be taken to mean knowledge, or inference of inside knowledge, when it is no more than a strongly-held personal opinion.
Communication by keyboard is one-dimensional and may lack nuance and as we have seen, the use of ambiguous terms can lead to misunderstandings.

Warren

muriel 08-07-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 807855)
You are so right. Which is why it's baffling to me that someone would have the nerve to presume what someone else knows or does not know.

Lets just work through this.

Your initial post (Post 45) suggested you were guaranteeing something "I guarantee this was his idea and his arranging to better position himself w members of the RF." You subsequently (in post 54) clarified that in fact you were not guaranteeing it (i.e., it was not based on fact) but was merely conjecture on your part. You clarified it was your presumption (similar to "you bet", as you eloquently pontificated!). So, in reality, you have quite simply clarified that your initial post 45 was based merely on your thoughts, and not facts - so why the need to question whether somebody "would have the nerve to presume what someone else knows or does not know"!

Need I say more? You are perhaps the best advocate for your case, or in reality, the lack thereof!

PS - A recent copy of the Oxford English dictionary might help!

Warren 08-07-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

it's baffling to me that someone would have the nerve to presume what someone else knows or does not know.
I'd prefer that this particular line of discussion end here.

Before doing so I will add that TRF is a discussion forum and we would like to think the content reflects a fair degree of fact. It is quite natural that members will question the meaning or accuracy of other members' statements. Anyone who makes a post should be prepared for that post to be analysed to some degree, and questions asked as other members see fit, whether to establish accuracy or to clarify meaning.

Members are expected to respond to such questions with patience and civility. Although it may be frustrating having to explain one's position that frustration should not come through in the response. The use of all caps should be avoided as it is tantamount to shouting.

thanks,
Warren

iceflower 08-29-2008 05:38 PM

Pics 28.8.2008

Bea's boyfriend Dave has joined them in their holidays in Spain.
Yesterday, on August 28, Bea and Eugenie went to a tennis
match with him - when seeing the small version of the last pic
only, I had been quite sure it was Sarah, but Bea looks a lot like
her mother on it..

sophie 08-29-2008 07:12 PM

Bea looks like she lost some weight. My god her boyfriend looks like prince Harry.

Bella 08-30-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie (Post 816958)
Bea looks like she lost some weight. My god her boyfriend looks like prince Harry.

I was actually going to say B looks like she's gained some weight. As for that bf . . . Prince Harry is so much better looking.

sneeuwklokje 08-31-2008 10:43 AM

I don't care if she's los or gained any weight, she still is one of the most unelegant royals around.

Incas 08-31-2008 10:21 PM

Elegance, like beauty, are defined differently by different people. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. The Duchess of Windsor was, and still is, considered by a lot of people to be one of the most elegant women in history. Not many would argued that she was never considered a beauty.

iceflower 09-02-2008 05:03 PM

Pic 2.9.2008

Here's a nice new pic of Bea and her boyfriend Dave from today.
They've been to the Nobu restaurant in London:

----> Bea and Dave

In the following link I've also posted in Eugenie's thread you
can also see some more pics of them from last night ---> Link

Bella 09-02-2008 06:34 PM

Well . . . I like that they're smiling (yes, even the bf) and the pose is relaxed.

muriel 09-03-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 818229)
Well . . . I like that they're smiling (yes, even the bf) and the pose is relaxed.

I guess they might as well smile and appear relaxed! Bea does not appear to be doing very much in her gap year, other than go out to restuarants and night clubs, and on holiday. Have any plans been announced? Is she planning to travel or do something educational, voluntary or charity related? I hope they have some concrete plans, some of which will be shared with the public. Its minor royals in general who could potentially help shape public opinion about the royal family in an adverse way, and that is something that BP should be careful about.

Bella 09-03-2008 11:01 AM

Isn't she starting university soon?

lady_windsor 09-03-2008 11:23 PM

umm her gap year has ended and he did do a lot of work for her mothers charity..she also ent on a lot of holidays, but why not?? shes only young once.
im sure she did a lot of other private work which we havent heard about while she travelled

giov 09-04-2008 04:53 AM

Pics from Zimbio
Princess Beatrice And Dave Clark Leaving The Whisky Mist Nightclub - Pictures - Zimbio

iceflower 09-04-2008 05:09 AM

Thanks for the link, giov!

Here are two articles about Bea , including some recent pics from
her holidays with mother, sister and boyfriend:

Princess Beatrice's suitor gets a thumbs up from the family

In her mother's footsteps: Princess Beatrice joins Fergie on a healthy jog

Bella 09-04-2008 09:59 AM

Those pics of B aren't too bad, giov. Points to her for wearing a seatbelt. Thanks for posting. That bf on the other hand . . .

Thanks for the links, Ice.

jcbcode99 09-04-2008 10:32 AM

She looks good--again, that hair!!! I just love it when it's all simple with the headband.

iceflower 09-04-2008 04:36 PM

When I first saw the pics of Bea and Dave in the car, I
was wondering why they've been been taken from such
a short distance,the following pic shows the reason why
----> Pic.
Although we know it, nice pics sometimes make us forget
about the extreme badgering..

Here's an additional abaca gallery of the pics.

magnik 09-04-2008 04:49 PM

Thanks iceflower.

Not the best picture #5 Abaca Press Americas Search Results

But she looks fine.

Bella 09-05-2008 05:06 PM

She does have beautiful hair!

Odette 09-05-2008 05:21 PM

She looks a lot like her father. She has P Andrew's features.

Incas 09-10-2008 07:24 PM

Bouncer asks Princess Beatrice for ID | The Sun |News|Royals
PRINCESS Beatrice was asked to show proof of her age when she visited a posh nightclub.

zembla 09-10-2008 09:01 PM

Did she start university yet?

iceflower 09-17-2008 12:34 PM

Pics 17.9.2008

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark leaving Soho House
after having lunch together London, England - 17.09.08

Russophile 09-17-2008 03:51 PM

Well he's a happy fellow. . . :rolleyes:

Jo of Palatine 09-17-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 824881)
Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark leaving Soho House
after having lunch together London, England - 17.09.08

That's not true, is it? I mean at her age I dated a guy looking just like that and he became a reknown scientist later but still I don't think I ever looked that weird!

iceflower 09-18-2008 03:16 AM

Pic 17.9.2008

Princess Beatrive and her boyfriend Dave attend the charity Roller Disco
hosted by Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton. The event is being held
to raise money for a surgical ward at Oxford Children's Hospital, in honour
of Tom Waley-Cohen, a close friend of Kate's. London, September 17.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Bella 09-18-2008 11:10 AM

Thanks, Ice! I'm sorry but these photos do not flatter the couple.

iceflower 09-18-2008 04:34 PM

Pics 18.9.2008

I like the following ones better, what about you, Bella? ;)

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attend the London Fashion Week
Spring / Summer 2009 Issa fashion show at the Natural History Museum
on September 18, 2008 in London, England

udyusa 09-18-2008 04:53 PM

At least Bea finally brushed and combed her hair... :)

Bella 09-18-2008 08:53 PM

Muchas better, Ice - thank you. I'll always say black is the color for Pss E. It goes so well w her skin tone and hair. I like the dress Pss B is wearing. Pic 4 is a very pretty picture of her! In Pic 3 she looks JUST like her father!

Incas 09-18-2008 09:09 PM

I can't say I like the outfit personally, but it worked on Beatrice. Ah, what youth can let one get away with!:flowers:

history2003 09-18-2008 10:09 PM

I don't know if anybody has the answer to this question, but do Princess Beatrice or her sister hunt?

Mermaid1962 09-18-2008 10:10 PM

I can't say that I've ever heard of them attending a hunt or a shoot. Chances are, we would have heard about it if they were involved in any kind of blood sport.:ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by history2003 (Post 825621)
I don't know if anybody has the answer to this question, but do Princess Beatrice or her sister hunt?

iceflower 09-19-2008 03:27 AM

Here's an article with some more pics from yesterday:

Beatrice and Eugenie get it right at the Issa fashion show as Naomi struts the catwalk

muriel 09-19-2008 06:04 AM

Eugenie looked very chic and classy, just like how a Princess should! Beatrice didn't look half bad either, compared to how she has looked in the past. I am no fan of the dress - I think it belongs with the butterfly hat she wore to the Phillips wedding earlier this year!!!!

giov 09-19-2008 10:12 AM

Pics from Ibl
https://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveid=5018&search=(IPTC025%20contains%20(802456))&position=1
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

https://www.purepeople.com/15598--PHO...dissante-.html

A few more pics from the charity Roller Disco event, 17 September 2008.
Beatrice skating!
https://i38.tinypic.com/bg1glz.jpg
https://i35.tinypic.com/iv8fnq.jpg
https://i34.tinypic.com/2e1y5bp.jpg

iceflower 09-19-2008 05:05 PM

The following two pics are also nice to see:
Beatrice driving her sister back home after the show :smile:

Bella 09-21-2008 12:21 PM

Thanks Ice and giov for the pics/links. Pss B & E look nothing at all alike. If you didn't know you'd never guess they were sisters. Not an ounce of resemblence. Who's that woman in the back of the car, a bg? I didn't think they actually rode in the same vehicle as their charges; that they rode in sep vehicles alongside or beside them.

ysbel 09-21-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 826643)
Thanks Ice and giov for the pics/links. Pss B & E look nothing at all alike. If you didn't know you'd never guess they were sisters. Not an ounce of resemblence. Who's that woman in the back of the car, a bg? I didn't think they actually rode in the same vehicle as their charges; that they rode in sep vehicles alongside or beside them.

I see the same body language in the two. Eugenie looks more prettily delicate but the last few pictures of Beatrice are quite attractive.

Mermaid1962 09-21-2008 11:19 PM

Beatrice looks sweetly pretty in Pic 1.:flowers:

Incas 09-22-2008 06:51 PM

I just noticed that most of Beatrice's photos were taken on her left side. Her profile from the right looks quite different.

muriel 09-23-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 826643)

I would be very surprised if minor royals like B & E had many "charges" that accompanied them on nights out. I suspect that was probably a security officer assigned to both of them. I had read somewhere that Andrew had fought hard to keep security cover for the girls when it had come up for review sometime back.

muriel 09-23-2008 10:35 AM

Interesting to see young Beatrice piloting a BMW. Contrast that to a young Diana seen at the wheel of a humble VW Polo or a Ford Escort. Even William drove a VW Golf until quite recently. All very much in line with my thinking that the York girls appear to be are growing up quite spoilt - always seen in expensive fashion, going to expensive restaurants and night clubs, often on holiday. That said, it is still early days and I reserve judgement on these girls. Lets see how they do academically from here on, and what careers they build for themselves. I would hope seeing Sarah carve out an independent career for herself would be an inspiration for these girls and they would follow in her footsteps, rather than becoming C list celebs. Would love to hear what oter members of the forums have tosay about their upbringing and potential outlook.

kimebear 09-23-2008 01:14 PM

Beatrice and Eugenie have a non-royal mother that makes a good living and can spend on her daughters as she pleases without answering to the taxpayers of the UK. This doesn't necessarily make them spoiled, just privileged. I also seem to recall that the BMW was chosen as a vehicle with a bit of humor to it as Beatrice's initials are BMW.