The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/queen-rania-romours-about-cosmetic-surgery-1739.html)

Humera 04-20-2004 10:12 PM

Its a little odd to have Rania on a list like that when she's only really been a queen for about five years. She hasn't really had a chance to do that much I think. But a list like that isn't that significant in my opinion anyway. Still, good for her!

alia_musallam 04-20-2004 10:42 PM

The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.

wymanda 04-20-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 21st, 2004 - 10:42 am
The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.

Alia,
It is good to hear something positive on this forum about Rania. So much of the comment is negative and focus's on what she wears and how much she spends rather than what she does.

I agree with you that all Jordanians can be proud of Rania and the rest of the royal family.

gily 04-21-2004 06:06 PM

All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?

Bubbette 04-21-2004 06:12 PM

meaning a non elected form of government?

Alexandria 04-21-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 20th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
I would say that Queen Noor is very well known in the west, too. As someone who was born in the States, I find that in interviews journalists totally "eat that up," that a U.S. born woman went on to become the Queen of Jordan. Queen Noor's taking up of landmines was pretty well publicized here. Certainly more than I would say of any of Rania's public causes. And now that Queen Noor has published a book, she has drawn even more attention to herself.

karolinabraganza 04-21-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gily@Apr 21st, 2004 - 5:06 pm
All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?
no, there is a so-called eleceted government but the elections can be postponed or put on hold by the king. then he is the person to elect the ministers. is that correct? thats how i remeber it. not a regime in the sense many other middle-eastern countries are regimes, but certainly less of a democracy than lets say Britain. human rights-wise and huam resource (country's main resource, as a matter of fact) wise the country is doing quite well in comparison to others in the region.

Balqis 04-21-2004 10:04 PM

gily, one question. Why did you use my exact words and just substitute Asma for Rania?

Quote:

If you check this thread I made the same comment here.
https://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...?showtopic=5285

Veram98 04-22-2004 05:32 AM

Kingship is hereditary all over the world (in contrast to the status of a president; the Syrian case is here rather unique). The problem with Abdullah’s position is that the king’s power is not yet restricted enough. By the way KA discussed the prospects of a European-style Monarchy in Jordan last week with journalists in San Francisco:

“‘There are 30 political parties [in Jordan] with no agendas,’ he said. ‘If you talk to any of the political parties or their representatives in Parliament and ask them: What is your agenda, political or social or economic? they don’t have a clue.’ Abdullah said that he is pressing for a merging of some of the country’s parties. ‘You need to get down to two, three or four parties, left, right and center.’”
Asked whether he would be willing to turn Jordan into a constitutional monarchy, Abdullah indicated that he was not opposed to the concept. ‘I see monarchies have to modernize,’ he said. ‘Five years, 50 years, it all depends on how the process of maturity of these politicians proceeds.’” (San Francisco Chronicle)

maryshawn 04-28-2004 07:19 PM

There's no doubt about it; Queen Rania is lovely--actually, so many of the women in that family are. OK, it's settled. The royal men have great taste in women--always choosing intelligent, well-spoken, gorgeous, dedicated ladies.

micas 04-29-2004 05:02 PM

Thnaks the pics are great

Sean.~ 04-30-2004 03:26 AM

I may be wrong (although I doubt it), but this, like other protests Rania has attended, was a state sponsored/organized protests, meant for socializing citizens with the views/policies of the regime and consolidating support. They are not 'grassroots 'protests like we have in the West. Nevertheles, a march for peace is always a good thing. It's just too bad that the government can't be consistent, as anti-war demonstrations were so tightly regulated, and/or prohibited, before the the Iraq war.

Anyway, thanks fo the article. I just love the inflated figures. From 20,000 to 250,000 is quite the jump to say the least! :flower:

Dennism 04-30-2004 06:24 AM

QUEEN RANIA TAKES PART IN A PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION AGAINST TERRORISM, AMMAN, JORDAN 29 APR 2004

madonna23 04-30-2004 01:47 PM

if there were really 250,000 people protesting, i'm sure cnn or bbc would have picked up on the story...

in the washington post article, qr states that this is the first protest of its kind in the muslim/arab world but is that really so? i could have sworn that turkey and pakistan had similar protests in larger numbers. does anyone know for a fact?

Lyonnaise 05-12-2004 08:42 PM

Jordan's Queen Rania during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004. The Queen is supporting the world Links program, which works globally with the aim of integrating technology into learning for improved educational results. Rania is a member of the advisory council for the World Links Arab Region, which was launched in Amman in 2003

Queen Rania

Two Jordanian students, right, explain their project to Jordan's Queen Rania, left, during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004.

"You press enter and voila, the Les Tribunes Royales website!"

Humera 05-27-2004 12:18 PM

Rania was at a lunch banquet in honour of the sultan of Brunei.
I love the dress she's wearing..she's worn it before, in March during her visit to Dubai I believe.

USCtrojan 05-29-2004 01:49 PM

This topic has run its course. Closed.

Josefine 07-01-2004 09:55 AM

anything to add on this thread

bluetortuga 07-01-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
How about changing the title to Rania's $627,000 silverware?

pepep 07-01-2004 11:00 PM

627.000 euros

QueenB 07-01-2004 11:05 PM

The thread on fashions is a good idea! Would it be fashion in general or the wide ranging royal fashions?

papillon 07-01-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bluetortuga+Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware? [/b][/quote]
Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse.

QueenB 07-01-2004 11:12 PM

alia_musallam, what kind of power are QR&#39;s mother and brother weilding?

pepep 07-02-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by papillon+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine
Quote:

@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware?

Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse. [/b][/quote]
Paid by us. :blink:

papillon 07-02-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pepep+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by papillon@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am
Quote:

Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine

Quote:

Quote:

@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

How about changing the title to Rania&#39;s &#036;627,000 silverware?

Actually, it&#39;s euros. Even worse.

Paid by us. :blink: [/b][/quote]
For someone who doesn&#39;t even appear to eat. Maybe each of us should send QR a paper napkin to go with the tableware so she gets the message that we know how she spends our money. Sort of a gesture of civic protest.

Angel S. 07-02-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I&#39;ve read interviews in which she&#39;s said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven&#39;t seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story&#39;s true or not.
If it is, i personally would&#39;ve preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.

This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.

lucys 07-02-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angel S.+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angel S. @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I&#39;ve read interviews in which she&#39;s said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven&#39;t seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story&#39;s true or not.
If it is, i personally would&#39;ve preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.

This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about. [/b][/quote]
Who knows if it&#39;s true. But I&#39;m with you--some of the things said about some royals need to be taken with a more than a grain of salt. Skepticism is a good thing in this case.

Angel S. 07-02-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by chanel@Jan 15th, 2004 - 1:25 am
I think Rania is a wonderful woman. Truley beautiful and her people love her. HOWEVER, she really can&#39;t seem to stop shopping. I love to shop myself, but, if I were a Queen, Princess or anything of rank representing a country of people, I sure wouldn&#39;t be spending money/shopping the way she does.... Matte-Marit and Maxima are both the same way&#33; Nothing against these wemon however, I just think that there could be other things that they could be doing rahter than spending money and money&#33;&#33;&#33;

MG does she have some handbags&#33;

Mette-Marit??? Are you kidding me? The woman is constantly criticized for being too common in her dress, if she is shopping more now it might be because she&#39;s sick of hearing people say she dresses like a soccer mom.

La la 07-02-2004 01:08 PM

Don&#39;t get it either. How can you compare Mette-Marit to Rania? :wacko:

Humera 07-02-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angel S.@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am
This can&#39;t possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.
I didnt get the story from the arab media, it was a british source. Besides, there&#39;s no way anyone can outright deny it. Hollywood stars have been known to wear diamond shoes worth millions, so why not gold shoes. I saw a pair of gold sandals on tv a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, i&#39;ve said all i need to on this topic, or perhaps you didnt notice the heated arguments on the previous 10 pages.

QueenB 07-02-2004 08:12 PM

I agree.. Mette Marit actually needs to go shopping....
Even if Maxima does spend a lot of money on clothing - I read that she and her husband belong to the richest royal house in Europe and that&#39;s money that&#39;s come from their own private investments.... or so I read...
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan&#39;s economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the &#39;tiara&#39; interview - but didn&#39;t she finally get her own tiaras? Don&#39;t know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over &#036;600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c&#39;mon..

papillon 07-02-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:12 pm
The point is for someone like QR to spend and spend - then give speeches in the US and Europe about the needs of Jordan and why investing in Jordan&#39;s economy will benefit the region - is absurd... I too read the &#39;tiara&#39; interview - but didn&#39;t she finally get her own tiaras? Don&#39;t know if the gold shoes story is true - who knows especially after the story of the over &#036;600,000 silverware..... if she was married to a rich man who could actually afford her whims - fine, do whatever you want, spend away.... but when you and your husband are constantly begging for aid... c&#39;mon..
Yes, and there&#39;s also the high contrast between the opulence in which KA and QR live and the abject poverty of most of the people in their country. It&#39;s obscene to me.

pepep 07-02-2004 08:41 PM

;) Guys, it was 627,000 euros (&#036;772,000)

QueenB 07-02-2004 08:42 PM

Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can&#39;t remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused :wacko: ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don&#39;t bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now..... :rolleyes:
Notice no mention of the stolen silverware on Jordan Times/Petra......

QueenB 07-02-2004 08:43 PM

thanks for clarifying it pepep.... btw... there&#39;s another thread that mentions what I was saying about the Time Magazine mention of QR... It was started by Zento....

papillon 07-02-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:42 pm
Papillon: about the Jordan Times/Petra articles... can&#39;t remember which board we mentioned on - too many boards - so confused :wacko: ...... but the funniest articles are the ones that start of "and under the wise leadership of HM KA" or thanks to the wisdom and guidance of KA... or under the patronage and thanks to the initiative..... blah blah..... just a lot of crock..... I don&#39;t bother to read any of their articles..... I just look at the pictures now..... :rolleyes:

Yes, it&#39;s true. Mind you, though, there is no freedom of the press in Jordan, so the local newspapers are more or less publicity machines for the JRF. I still read some of the articles, even though I know they are spun in favor of the JRF, if only to understand what it is the local people are being fed. It helps me understand some of the reasons some of them are not so fond of the West. I find it both funny and sad, though ultimately more sad than funny.

Good point about the tableware. You are so perceptive, Queenie. Hey, what if a Jordanian stole it? How will it ever be recovered if the local people don&#39;t know to be on the lookout for some really nice flatware with JRF crests engraved on the handles? :lol: Maybe we should write a letter to the editor to "help" QR find her missing 1,000 knives, forks, and spoons.

pepep 07-02-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:42 am
:shock: That is a big surprised to me. :P

nicole 07-04-2004 04:19 PM

I thought I&#39;d post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that&#39;s TWO MILLION&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m sorry but that is just plain wrong. The more I read about the queen&#39;s frivilnous the more I loose respect for her--which is SO disapointing&#33;

Tableware destined for Jordanian Queen filched in Denmark

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - Around a thousand pieces of tableware and
silverware specially made in Denmark for Queen Rania of Jordan have
been stolen in Copenhagen, police said.

Designed by Danish goldsmith company Georg Jensen, the pieces were
taken from the Royal Scandinavia factory at the weekend, just before
they were to be shipped to the royal palace in Amman.

The thieves appeared to know the layout of the factory, and
circumvented security without any obvious problems, which has led
police to believe the robbery could have been an inside job.

But police also think that the bounty will be impossible to sell
without detection, given that the pieces have all been inscribed
with the Jordanian royal monogram and crown.

Since they were left undisturbed, the thieves also took the time to
filch 400 ladies&#39; watches, also designed by Georg Jensen.

The total value of the stolen goods is estimated at five million
Danish kroner (627.000 euros), of which about 2 million are
silverware.

Gobsmacked 07-04-2004 05:25 PM

This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It&#39;s too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?

La la 07-04-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
This almost sounds like an exaggerated story planted to make the Jordanian royal family look bad. It&#39;s too outrageous. Story is 2 years ago. Has anyone actually seen the shoes?
There&#39;s a pic on page 11.

La la 07-04-2004 06:10 PM

But I don&#39;t know whether or not they are authentic.

Gobsmacked 07-04-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by La la@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:10 pm
But I don&#39;t know whether or not they are authentic.
The shoes with the brown dress photo could be metallic leather or satine. Those aren&#39;t topaz and diamond encrusted like the article says. If I had real ones, I&#39;d put them in my bedroom and play with them, not wear them if I had them&#33; Maybe she only wears them for her husband at night? javascript:emoticon(&#39;:P&#39;)

I like Queen Rania, but I mostly like that she was a commoner, educated and had a Real Job in the corporate world prior to marrying her prince. You would think her past experience would make her more aware of regular people, marketing and selling herself and her ideas, but she does seem completely clueless about public perception&#33;

Humera 07-04-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by La la@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:43 pm

There&#39;s a pic on page 11.

We dont know if the shoes Rania&#39;s wearing in the picture are the gold shoes we&#39;ve been talking about. If the story is true, I dont expect her to flaunt them in public.

Humble 07-04-2004 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gobsmacked@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:25 pm
Knowing her extravagant expenses, I would not be surprised if she has those Gold shoes. As it was mentioned before, QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

Read here about what was stolen

Someone on this board already posted a pic of a watch and one spoon

NB:

The value of the stolen things is DKK 5 million (673,000 euros), among which DKK 2.8 million (376,000 euros) for the silverware

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD :angry: after you read the article)

Humera 07-04-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nicole@Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
I thought I&#39;d post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that&#39;s TWO MILLION&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

do you mean two million dollars? That figure sounds a bit exaggerated.
AAPImage says the value of the stolen times is &#036;129,000.

Hundreds of exclusive watches and about 1,000 pieces of silver cutlery commissioned by Jordan&#39;s Queen Rania, similar to these shown, were stolen from famed Danish silversmith Georg Jensen police said Tuesday, June 29, 2004. The cutlery engraved with crowns, inscriptions and the Jordanian royal family&#39;s monogram was worth about US &#036; 129,000. The theft was discovered when staff opened the shop Monday June 28, 2004. (Magnus Moeller/POLFOTO)

Humble 07-04-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nicole@Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
I thought I&#39;d post the article about the silverware--which costs 2,000,000 Danish kroner--that&#39;s TWO MILLION&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

do you mean two million dollars? That figure sounds a bit exaggerated.
AAPImage says the value of the sotlen times is &#036;129,000.

Hundreds of exclusive watches and about 1,000 pieces of silver cutlery commissioned by Jordan&#39;s Queen Rania, similar to these shown, were stolen from famed Danish silversmith Georg Jensen police said Tuesday, June 29, 2004. The cutlery engraved with crowns, inscriptions and the Jordanian royal family&#39;s monogram was worth about US &#036; 129,000. The theft was discovered when staff opened the shop Monday June 28, 2004. (Magnus Moeller/POLFOTO)

4 [/b][/quote]
QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

the value of what was stolen is here

NB:

The value of the stolen things is DKK 5 million (673,000 euros), among which DKK 2.8 million (376,000 euros) for the silverware
1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD after you read the article)

Humera 07-04-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:44 pm
QR ordered expensive silverware and several wristwatches that were stolen in Copenhagen..

NB:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD&nbsp; after you read the article)

You posted the same thing twice. I only got a chance to look at your previous post after I posted mine. The links of the pictures posted on the last page arent working, i&#39;ve checked them several times.

Humble 07-04-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:57 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:57 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 5:44 pm

NB:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD* after you read the article)

You posted the same thing twice. I only got a chance to look at your previous post after I posted mine. The links of the pictures posted on the last page arent working, i&#39;ve checked them several times. [/b][/quote]
Yes you are right... :flower:
====
The article i posted is in here...
https://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html

I did not post any picture..

Humera 07-04-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:00 pm
Yes you are right... :flower:
====
The article i posted is in here...
https://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html

I did not post any picture..

thanx for the article though. No wonder &#036;129,000 sounded a small figure for all the cutlery and watches.

pepep 07-04-2004 07:46 PM

:lol: I don’t know why Rania needs silverware for &#036;772,000, she doesn’t know how to use it. As refugee she use to eat with her fingers. :lol:

paloma 07-04-2004 08:28 PM

Could this woman end up like Marie Antoinette?

bluetortuga 07-04-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 4th, 2004 - 7:28 pm
Something tells me that this woman could end up like Marie Antoinette. Does anyone else agree?
Why doesn&#39;t someone in Jordan grab those gold shoes and smack Q Rania upside her head? Jordan has to beg from all over the globe to survive and this woman is buying gold shoes and luxury flatware with the people&#39;s money. Make sure the people&#39;s basic needs have been met before you spend like a confounded jackass&#33;

amina1 07-04-2004 11:02 PM

Royals are like that, they want to be noticed, praised and respected and they have the pride to buy every expensive thing&#33;
I saw her pictures when she was a princess, she was so shy, not that fancy and lovely too, but now....&#33;

Jordanians can&#39;t do anything, they are majesties and above everyone&#33;

Humera 07-05-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 4th, 2004 - 7:28 pm
Could this woman end up like Marie Antoinette?
I take it you&#39;re comparing Rania&#39;s spending habits to Marie Antoinette&#39;s. The latter was far more extravagant given the time and the condition of the lower class in France. Besides, most historians agree that Marie Antoinette was more of a scapegoat rather than the root of her nations&#39; problems.
Nevertheless, Rania&#39;s habits are a cause of concern, especially given her more &#39;frugal&#39; lifestyle before she married Abdullah and even as a princess. Still, its not very likely she&#39;ll have her head cut off for that.

Genevieve 07-05-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nicole@Jul 4th, 2004 - 4:19 pm
The total value of the stolen goods is estimated at five million
Danish kroner (627.000 euros), of which about 2 million are
silverware.

What in the world would Rania do with silverware this expensive anyways? :unsure:

If I were Rania, I would not only be embarassed by my frivolous and ridiculous overspending and extravagance, I would also be deeply ashamed that I was so superficial and greedy to think/believe that silverware this expensive was a "good buy" when the people of my own country barely have enough food to eat, let alone to sit down at such an extravagantly laid out table.

What&#39;s next? &#036;4 million&#39;s worth of wine goblets and water glasses? Followed by &#036;8 million&#39;s worth of specially-designed fine china?

:wacko:

The more I read of Rania&#39;s lavishness, the more certain I become that her priorities are severely in need of restructuring. Whoever suggested above that someone should smack Rania with her gold shoes is onto a good idea. But of course she can&#39;t be the only one to blame: Someone in the Jordanian royal court approved the purchase of the silverware and didn&#39;t try to talk some sense into Rania and that person needs their head checked, too.

I don&#39;t care how rich you are or who you are, or who your VIP guests sitting around the dining room table are ... &#036;2 million for silverware? :wacko: I think that the true (and sincere) leaders and revolutionaries in this world would be more impressed if that money were put towards social programs for Jordanian people rather than some warped notion of "keeping up with the Joneses." I can&#39;t see Nelson Mandela going on and on about the pretty silverware at Abdullah and Rania&#39;s palace rather than the good works they are doing to improve the lives of their people.

Alisa 07-05-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

&#036;2 million for silverware?
I think the 2 million was in DKK and not Euros, or even USD.

Humble 07-05-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 5th, 2004 - 8:52 pm
Quote:

&#036;2 million for silverware?
I think the 2 million was in DKK and not Euros, or even USD.

As I posted earlier:

1 EUR = 1.23190 USD
1 USD = 0.811754 EUR

(to help you convert the value of the stolen things into USD after you read the article through this link: https://www.cphpost.dk/get/79613.html )

:angry:

So, the silverware costs almost 1/2 million USD:
376,000.00 Euro = 462,049.00 USD

Alisa 07-05-2004 10:19 PM

No need to be angy, I was just subtedly pointing out to Genevieve that she may have incorrectly read the post. :flower:

Genevieve 07-05-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 5th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
:angry:

So, the silverware costs almost 1/2 million USD:
376,000.00 Euro = 462,049.00 USD[/SIZE]

No need to be angry. I&#39;m sorry that I did not notice your conversion earlier. But is half a million dollars worth of silverware any more justifiable considering the economic climate/situation in Jordan?

Humble 07-05-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 5th, 2004 - 9:19 pm
No need to be angy, I was just subtedly pointing out to Genevieve that she may have incorrectly read the post. :flower:
Genevieve and Alisa

Oh sorryy I am not angry at you gals, but at Rania....

Should have placed that angry icon somewhere else...

and here :flower: <==for you

Alisa 07-05-2004 10:34 PM

All is forgiven. :flower:

Bubbette 07-05-2004 11:10 PM

It does depend on the circumstances. I remember the outcry when Nancy Reagan spent several &#036;100,000 which was private raised, on new Presidential china. But I think it was well worth it--it doesn&#39;t look so well that the US doesn&#39;t have a full set of china for large dinners.

Humble 07-05-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 5th, 2004 - 10:10 pm
It does depend on the circumstances. I remember the outcry when Nancy Reagan spent several &#036;100,000 which was private raised, on new Presidential china. But I think it was well worth it--it doesn&#39;t look so well that the US doesn&#39;t have a full set of china for large dinners.
True...But Jordan is not US by all means :wacko:

zento 07-05-2004 11:41 PM

nevermind :doh:

Alisa 07-06-2004 12:22 AM

I think the overall issue is on Rania&#39;s lavish lifestyle in general, not only the china. I once heard of her spending &#036;33,000 USD a night for a hotel ( source:Travel Channel).

hrhcp 07-06-2004 01:05 AM

sorry ... I haven&#39;t read the whole thread.

does rania "really" have gold shoes ?

QueenB 07-06-2004 03:41 AM

I actually saw on VH1 a mention about Rania staying at one of the best and most expensive hotels - I can&#39;t remember if it was in Seattle or where it was - but it&#39;s really huge and she stays there whenever she is in that city.....

As for the silverware.. I knew about the silverware, but I thought the watches that were stolen did not belong to her, but were just in the same place as the silverware... did the Womens watches belong to her? If so then they must have stolen at least &#036;1 Million Dollars worth of merchandise....

Humble 07-06-2004 04:07 AM

I heard (not sure though) that Shah of Iran used to have a Gold toilet..
So having Gold shoes should not surprise us (heheheheh)..

if all this is true, it is :yuk:

cute_girl 07-06-2004 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 6th, 2004 - 4:07 am
I heard (not sure though) that Shah of Iran used to have a Gold toilet..
So having Gold shoes should not surprise us (heheheheh)..

if all this is true, it is :yuk:

it&#39;s quite true,I&#39;ve seen this golden toilet myself

QueenB 07-06-2004 04:58 AM

Didn&#39;t the Sultan of Brunei&#39;s brother have gold door knobs and toilet seats which had to be auctioned?

Genevieve 07-06-2004 07:48 PM

There are also numerous more examples of Rania (and Abdullah&#39;s) lavish spending and lifestyle, including how they often fly a famous celebrity hair stylist from L.A. to state visits with them to do their hair, or how once they flew him to the palace in Jordan to cut Abdullah&#39;s hair. I know that Jennifer Lopez also flew her favourite hair stylist for her second wedding to Cris Judd, but let&#39;s be honest: Jennifer Lopez is not married to or the head of a very poor country. She is a singer/actress/designer, etc. who makes millions of dollars for herself. Her job is to entertain the masses, not to serve the people of a very poor country.

Alisa, you&#39;re right that the issue isn&#39;t specifically the cost of the silverware, or that Rania bought half a million dollar&#39;s worth of silverware, but in general the pure excess of Rania and Abdullah&#39;s spending.

julial 07-06-2004 07:59 PM

I am afraid with the rate of their spending habits, some sort of revolt might happen in the future.

QueenB 07-06-2004 08:01 PM

Famous people fly in hairstylists all the time.... Mariah Carey would fly people into wherever she was just to color her hair.... but it&#39;s true - Rania and Abdullah are not stars... somewhere on one of the threads, someone mentioned that as Princess, Rania did not live lavishly... they did live above normal standards, like very wealthy Jordanians - but it is doubtful KH would have put up with the lavish lifestyle they live now - had they lived it then.....
QR claims she doesn&#39;t think much about what she wears, that she doesn&#39;t spend time thinking on what to wear, doesn&#39;t wear much makeup - because she says she doesn&#39;t have time to - and that she&#39;s really pretty simple in her tastes.. ;)
I think it all goes beyond hotels, hairstylists, stylists, couture, etc... it seems disrespectful to poor Jordanians when the Queen walks into poor areas in her &#036;500 dollar stillettos and they barely have running water... She once said she would listen to the voice of the people, let the Jordanian people lead her to what they need... more propaganda?
I recently read about at a football game about 2 years ago - KA attended and people began chanting &#39;divorce her&#39;.... is that how Jordanians really feel about her?
And doesn&#39;t it make him look foolish and manipulated when she spends and spends and he seems totally ok with that while he talks about being in &#39;solidarity&#39; with his people?
We can go on and on about their expensive habits... such as stores being closed so Rania could shop..... I wonder how many Jordanians could have used the money she spent......

nicole 07-06-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pepep@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
:lol: I don’t know why Rania needs silverware for &#036;772,000, she doesn’t know how to use it. As refugee she use to eat with her fingers. :lol:
That&#39;s below the belt. I&#39;m not a fan of Rania&#39;s but that&#39;s pretty rude.

Genevieve 07-06-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nicole+Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nicole @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pepep@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
That&#39;s below the belt. I&#39;m not a fan of Rania&#39;s but that&#39;s pretty rude. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you nicole. I&#39;m certainly not a big fan of Rania&#39;s but that&#39;s a totally rude and unnecessary comment.

And here I thought that we might be able to have an intelligent discussion with a knowlegeable exchange of ideas and opinons.

:shock:

zento 07-06-2004 08:59 PM

it was always Rania&#39;s dream going down Rodeo drive and throwing money at people, and not having to worry about anything. And then saying to someone in a Chanel store on the strip "do you work on commission?? Big mistake..*holds up bags* HUGE...I have to go shopping now&#33;" :sick: :king: :woot: :hardhead:

Angie 07-06-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Genevieve+Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:51 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Genevieve @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 7:51 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by nicole@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:17 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pepep
Quote:

@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:46 pm

That&#39;s below the belt. I&#39;m not a fan of Rania&#39;s but that&#39;s pretty rude.

I agree with you nicole. I&#39;m certainly not a big fan of Rania&#39;s but that&#39;s a totally rude and unnecessary comment.

And here I thought that we might be able to have an intelligent discussion with a knowlegeable exchange of ideas and opinons.

:shock: [/b][/quote]
As rude as the comment was, pepep wasn&#39;t lying.

paloma 07-06-2004 09:05 PM

Rania forgets where she comes from.(a refugee)

QueenB 07-06-2004 09:12 PM

I ignored the comment because I thought it was nasty and rude... not all refugees are so poor they&#39;ve never seen silverware - many are educated and classy, just displaced... But Rania has never known poverty - no matter how &#39;humble&#39; a background she came from - she always lived well.. Palestinians may be refugees, but she has never known their hardships.

pepep 07-06-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:05 am
Rania forgets where she comes from.(a refugee)
That’s right.

zento 07-06-2004 09:16 PM

but I&#39;ve read somewhere that her family was wealthy...her father was a well known doctor or something..

Humble 07-06-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 6th, 2004 - 8:12 pm
I ignored the comment because I thought it was nasty and rude... not all refugees are so poor they&#39;ve never seen silverware - many are educated and classy, just displaced... But Rania has never known poverty - no matter how &#39;humble&#39; a background she came from - she always lived well.. Palestinians may be refugees, but she has never known their hardships.
Totally Agree...

In fact, her father worked in the medical field (he was either an MD or pharmacist)...She was educated in the English speaking school of Kuwait and got her Bachelor in Business Administration from the American University of Cairo which is a private University.

QueenB 07-06-2004 09:18 PM

He was a pediatrician... :flower:

amina1 07-06-2004 10:03 PM

Can anyone guess or estimate the amount of &#036;&#036; that QRania spent since she became queen?

Is it in millions, billions... or I think i am just exzagerating&#33;