The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/queen-rania-romours-about-cosmetic-surgery-1739.html)

Humera 01-12-2004 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 11th, 2004 - 11:21 am
It sounds like we have some similar interests. We're probably in the same age group too. I'd love to talk about Canadian and Islamic History one day (there sure are a lot of Canadians on this board).

Sean.

Well im 22.
from your posts though i'd have guessed you were in your 30s..i could be wrong :innocent:
Middle eastern history, esp the whole Israeli/Palestinian thing certainly doesnt sound like an easy field to be involved in..so complex and even stressful at times. I think Canadian history's relatively tame, though still interesting, in comparison.

Sean.~ 01-12-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+Jan 12th, 2004 - 9:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ &#064; Jan 12th, 2004 - 9:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sean.~@Jan 11th, 2004 - 11:21 am
It sounds like we have some similar interests. We&#39;re probably in the same age group too. I&#39;d love to talk about Canadian and Islamic History one day (there sure are a lot of Canadians on this board).

Sean.

Well im 22.
from your posts though i&#39;d have guessed you were in your 30s..i could be wrong :innocent:
Middle eastern history, esp the whole Israeli/Palestinian thing certainly doesnt sound like an easy field to be involved in..so complex and even stressful at times. I think Canadian history&#39;s relatively tame, though still interesting, in comparison. [/b][/quote]
We&#39;re not that far apart in age. I won&#39;t say here, but I&#39;m not in my 30s. :P I just started &#39;life&#39; very, very young.

Humera 01-12-2004 04:24 PM

I never thought guys had qualms about revealing their age..unless you&#39;re a girl? :o

Sean.~ 01-12-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jan 12th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
I never thought guys had qualms about revealing their age..unless you&#39;re a girl? :o
No, guys have qualms too. And last time I checked I was a guy :P.

My qualms have more to do with with this thread and the tone of some of the discussion and my desire for privacy rather than some kind of vanity (although I gues that has a little bit to do with it). And I shouldn&#39;t have asked you if I wasn&#39;t willing to reveal too. Anyway, I&#39;ll send you a PM.

S

nicole 01-14-2004 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
rania partaking in her favourtie pass time...shopping

nicole 01-14-2004 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and again at Dior

Sean.~ 01-14-2004 10:48 PM

Nicole, you are bad&#33;&#33;&#33; ;) Have you seen the thread on Rania and her handbags? It made me laugh because the other day a previous poster stated &#39;so what if she has a few handbags&#39;. Well, after looking at those pics, it is not only clear that she has more than a few, but it is also clear as to why she has the sobriquet of handbag Queen.

Humble 01-14-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nicole@Jan 14th, 2004 - 7:49 pm
and again at Dior
Again serving her people (at Dior :P

USCtrojan 01-15-2004 12:25 AM

I think Rania is a wonderful woman. Truley beautiful and her people love her. HOWEVER, she really can&#39;t seem to stop shopping. I love to shop myself, but, if I were a Queen, Princess or anything of rank representing a country of people, I sure wouldn&#39;t be spending money/shopping the way she does.... Matte-Marit and Maxima are both the same way&#33; Nothing against these wemon however, I just think that there could be other things that they could be doing rahter than spending money and money&#33;&#33;&#33;

MG does she have some handbags&#33;

Sean.~ 01-15-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chanel@Jan 15th, 2004 - 12:25 am
I think Rania is a wonderful woman. Truley beautiful and her people love her.
They actually don&#39;t. That&#39;s the problem. It&#39;s those in the West that tend to love her.

sherbert 01-15-2004 02:06 AM

Oh my, wow. This is my first time posting here. I just wanted to hear about QRania&#39;s shoes. But the topic took an unexpected turn. I love the debates. Sean, thank you for all that information. I am a big news junkie and all, but in the US, we truly don&#39;t get that kind of information. But many Americans, with or without the US news, know how powerful the Zionist lobbyists are.

As for QRania being the handbag queen, lolz. That&#39;s funny. And then for her to say that the name came from upper class Jordanians who were jealous of her. :lol:
Yeah, the West does love her. If you pick up a copy of Vanity Fair, boy do they love her. Maybe that&#39;s why she does it. IMO, She doesn&#39;t look like the Queen of a 3rd world country seeking foreign aid. She needs to tone down her penchant for designer clothing and jewelry, and not make her country&#39;s people envious of her clothes and style. If anyone needs free or discounted clothing, it&#39;s the Jordanian people. She&#39;s the Jordanian queen, and needs to pay attention to her people. She should represent and work for them. I&#39;ve seen quite a few magazine photo shoots of her. It&#39;s surprising for a queen to take the time out to shoot magazine spreads.

However, I have heard her speak, and she is very intelligent. She also seems to be quite classy. Those who know of her in the West admire her for assimilating into western culture. Many in the West say she represents the modern Arab woman. QRania said in Vanity Fair that many women in Jordan dress like her. Now, I&#39;ve never been to Jordan, but by reading the posts, it doesn&#39;t come across as true. Maybe the upper class women do, I&#39;m not sure.

I also looked at pictures of Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco. She was dressed in Arab traditional dresses, and looked beautiful and smart. She came across as modern to me, and her personality did show. Women don&#39;t need to dress in Western style to be classy or modern. They can be beautiful in their own traditional clothing.

Anyhow, I&#39;m just fascinated by all the Middle Eastern royalty. I do have a question though. I always thought that Arab cultures and lifestyle were more conservative. Some of my Muslim friends who are Arab and Jordanian don&#39;t wear a veil, but cover their legs (wear long skirts or pants to their ankles) and don&#39;t wear sleeveless. But QRania dresses more liberal than this, with her sleeveless gowns, and knee length skirts. Do many women dress like that in that region? Or is it just the upper class or more educated who do? Is it looked down upon if they do show more skin? How does the general public in Jordan normally dress? In traditional clothing or Western clothing? Do they tend to wear long skirts or pants, or is anything shorter acceptable? I was just a bit surprised to see QRania dressed this way, when most of my Arab friends here in the States dress more conservative.

Thanks for reading this post. If anyone can answer this, it would be appreciated.

Sherbert

Sean.~ 01-15-2004 02:30 AM

Hello Sherbert,

Welcome.

Yes, the title of the thread is a bit misleading, no? In any event, thank you for your input and comments. Wtih regards to Rania&#39;s intelligence and her class, I will not deny that she does come across as such. However, she is relatively well educated and has been a member of the Royal Family for more than 10 years. Thus one would hope for her to have picked-up some skills. It is also easy to appear as intelligent and knowledgable when you know what questions are going to be asked of you (it is always the same line of questions). Indeed, I would not be suprised if the questions are put forth in advance, as with some other royals.

As far as the dress of other Jordanian women is concerned, most tend to dress conservatively. This doesn&#39;t mean that all have their heads covered or that they wear burquas. The wealthy may indeed wear designer clothes etc., but you have to realize that there aren&#39;t that many wealthy people in Jordan, at least not at the level of the Hashemite family. In any event, I highly doubt they spend as much as Rania does, but, even if they do it is irrelevant, as they are not the wife of the King. Perception is everything, after all.

With respect to other Arab countries, they do adhere to what we would consider an extremely conservative dress code. However, each country is different. Saudi Arabia is extreme, while countries like Lebanon, Iraq (at least it used to be), Egypt, and the Occupied Territories, are more liberal in their dress. Some will have their heads covered, while others will not. Actually, Lebenon isn&#39;t very conservative at all, at least not in the cities.

Conservative dress can actually be empowering for women, as ironic as that might sound. In Egypt, for instance, donning conservative dress actually empowers women insofar as it allows them to pursue paid employment, get involved in associational groups, etc. without raising too many eyebrows.

Finally, conservative dress is not limited to the lower classes. In Saudi all women (except foreigners) wear the burqa in public (at least they used to). The wealthy women wear designer clothes underneath. Also, if you look at the Sheika of Bahrain, you will note she always wears a burqua (but does not cover her face). In short, the Arab (and Muslim countries in general) countries have more conservative dress for both women AND men. However, the level of conservativeness differs from country to country and from region to region within countries. Socioeconomc status may or may not influence sytle of dress.

Sean.~

justine 01-15-2004 04:50 AM

so what is the general Jordanian opinion of their Queen who does not seem to be too modest in her appearance and rarely covers her head (which I realize is a personal choice in some regions, while some regions women don&#39;t seem to have a choice).

I always find it interesting when I see the wifes/Princesses/Queens of the Muslim countries when they are together at a summit. The range of dress in these women is quite large. From flashy to fully veiled.

alia_musallam 01-15-2004 05:22 AM

In my mind (as a jordanian who&#39;s never actually lived there) i don&#39;t think that people really respect her but it&#39;s not because she dresses immodestly coz she doesn&#39;t, but because she spends so much money on her clothes, her hair and her houses (they have just had their house in aqaba and their beach completely restructured, and i mean big time restructured). It is arguable how much of that money is actually the family fortune (which i&#39;m sure it all is), but it seems extremely extravagant when vast amounts of people in the south and east barely have enough to eat or even shoes to wear to be flying your helicopters down to aqaba every weekend to go to your new upgraded house. Also people don&#39;t like the nepotism that has surrounded her, such as her mother and her brother who now wield quite alot of power, and her close friends getting positions they would not get if it weren&#39;t for her... i suppose that wasta (connections) and patronage are a way of life in all arab societies, but i think that they should be setting an example in helping to establish some form of meritocratic system rather than doling out the highest posts in the administration to other princes and their followers.

The people like her husband mostly for the fact that he is his father&#39;s son, but that relationship does not apply in her case.

justine 01-15-2004 05:27 AM

thank you Alia. I realize by reading your reply that my question really applied to the superficial/appearance only. Of course the people of Jordan would be more concerned with the money that she spends on clothing and homes, instead of whether she appear modest.
It&#39;s late here in my time zone...I am not thinking/typing to clearly...lol

alia_musallam 01-15-2004 11:30 AM

no probs, i didn&#39;t think it was a silly question&#33; :)

Humera 01-15-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

I also looked at pictures of Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco. She was dressed in Arab traditional dresses, and looked beautiful and smart. She came across as modern to me, and her personality did show. Women don&#39;t need to dress in Western style to be classy or modern. They can be beautiful in their own traditional clothing.
I made the exactly the same point in other thread a few days ago.
In terms of Muslim women and the way they dress, they&#39;re a very diverse group of people. Unlike western countries where everybody basically dresses the same, Muslim countries in the Middle East, Asia etc have very distinct traditional dresses. And thats one of the most attractive qualities about Islamic cultures...they&#39;re all beautiful and distinct in their own way.

Maybe we should have a thread devoted to traditional dresses from various regions of the world.

Blueice 01-15-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

QUOTE&nbsp;
I also looked at pictures of Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco. She was dressed in Arab traditional dresses, and looked beautiful and smart. She came across as modern to me, and her personality did show. Women don&#39;t need to dress in Western style to be classy or modern. They can be beautiful in their own traditional clothing.&nbsp;

I made the exactly the same point in other thread a few days ago.
In terms of Muslim women and the way they dress, they&#39;re a very diverse group of people. Unlike western countries where everybody basically dresses the same, Muslim countries in the Middle East, Asia etc have very distinct traditional dresses. And thats one of the most attractive qualities about Islamic cultures...they&#39;re all beautiful and distinct in their own way.

Maybe we should have a thread devoted to traditional dresses from various regions of the world.

That is a great idea&#33; :flower:

Asma2 01-15-2004 06:36 PM

I agree, too.

Humera 01-15-2004 07:09 PM

Thank you Blueice and Asma :flower:
Im glad you liked the idea.
Now where to start this thread...how about the Beauty/Fashion forum?

Humera 01-15-2004 07:23 PM

Okay, the thread&#39;s up in the Fashion forum under Traditional Dresses Of The World

pegassuss2525 01-18-2004 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this the gold shoes that has caused such a fuss?

barbara_41172 01-18-2004 08:37 PM

Alia, I have really enjoyed your posts because for me they give me a glimpse of how people in Jordan view the JRF and Queen Rania. So thank you for your opinions and candour, it is much appreciated.

Quote:

(they have just had their house in aqaba and their beach completely restructured, and i mean big time restructured). It is arguable how much of that money is actually the family fortune (which i&#39;m sure it all is), but it seems extremely extravagant when vast amounts of people in the south and east barely have enough to eat or even shoes to wear to be flying your helicopters down to aqaba every weekend to go to your new upgraded house.
Wouldn&#39;t the renovation of the house in Aqaba be something that Abdullah would take a hand in? Wouldn&#39;t he be the one as head of the house to OK it? Why does Rania get the blame for extravagance when the major decisions lie probably with the King. But it&#39;s easier to blame the woman, right?

As for the shopping etc. I think it&#39;s sad that she is still targeted for shopping too much. I&#39;ve only seen her shop twice overseas in 2003, once in Paris at the start of the year in March and then during the Majorca holiday in July. She&#39;s also stayed pretty much closer to home during the year. Maybe she is taking the criticisms seriously and trying to tone it down.

TC
Barbara

pegassuss2525 01-18-2004 10:11 PM

Ok, I am confused. Wasn&#39;t the house in Aqaba majorly renovated by Noor? If so, why does it need that much work done again?

alia_musallam 01-19-2004 04:40 AM

According to my sources (who were involved in the engineering side of things) it was the queen who insisted on the changes depsite the cost. As for Nour renovating it, well as we&#39;ve seen before, every Queen wants the house to be hers rather than have belonged to any other Queen. And this isn&#39;t the inside but the outside.

They blew up the Mina jetty and created a sort of lagoon with a channel leading to a huge shelter behind the house for the boats (i went to a couple of beach parties next door last year and it was incredible how much the beach had changed). This doesn&#39;t sound like a lot on paper but the engineering works were huge and the face of the place has really changed.

barbara_41172 01-20-2004 07:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Queen Rania in Mecca, 26 December 1999.

barbara_41172 01-20-2004 07:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
King Abdullah and Queen Rania meeting the Pope, 18 September 1999.

King Abdullah and Queen Rania meeting the Pope, 18 September 1999.

barbara_41172 01-20-2004 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Princess Rania with her first baby, Prince Hussein, 1994.

micas 01-20-2004 07:51 PM

Wonderful pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :heart: :flower: ;) :P

barbara_41172 01-20-2004 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prince Abdullah and Princess Rania show-off their newborn son, along with King Hussein, Queen Noor and Princess Rania&#39;s parents, Mr and Mrs Yasin, 1994.

barbara_41172 01-20-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Wonderful pics
Thank you, Micas :)

Dennism 01-20-2004 10:43 PM

BBC

Saudi Arabia&#39;s highest religious authority has issued a stern rebuke to women who appeared at a conference unveiled in the presence of men.

Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul-Aziz al-Sheikh said the women&#39;s behaviour was shameful and warned of "grave consequences".

His remarks came after the country&#39;s leading businesswoman made a speech without a headscarf at an economic forum in the Red Sea port of Jeddah.

Lubna al-Olayan used the speech to call for female empowerment in the kingdom.

She said it was essential for Saudi Arabia&#39;s economic wellbeing for the potential of the country&#39;s female workforce to be unlocked.

"Without real change there can be no real progress," she said. "If we in Saudi Arabia want to progress we have no choice but to embrace change."

Her words were echoed by other women delegates.

Resistance to change

The men and women at the conference were separated by a screen, but the women were able to mix with the men in their section - something normally prohibited in Saudi Arabia.

The next day, Saudi newspapers showed pictures of the unveiled women and several editorials spoke of their behaviour as the beginning of the liberation of Saudi women.

But the grand mufti&#39;s statement made clear that the religious authorities would fight any change.

"I severely condemn this matter and warn of grave consequences," he said.

"What is even more painful is that such outrageous behaviour should have happened in Saudi Arabia, the land of the two holy shrines (Mecca and Medina)."

The remarks came as the Saudi authorities moved to introduce limited reforms.

Correspondents say the problem now is to continue to keep a lid on the cauldron of competing interests in the Islamic establishment and an increasingly impatient lobby demanding reform without the pressure boiling over into serious unrest.

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image..._story_afp.jpg

Humera 01-21-2004 05:45 PM

The saudis need to stop paying so much attention to so-called "religious authorities"
this isnt the 7th century for heavens sake

micas 01-21-2004 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I find this pics and i belive that they don&#39;t existe in any threat.

PS: if some1 found a full body pic of one of this autfits please can post, i gona stay graitful. :heart: :heart:

micas 01-21-2004 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol:

micas 01-21-2004 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

barbara_41172 01-21-2004 07:42 PM

I&#39;ve never seen a full-length pic of Rania in this dress. Sorry :( It was taken in September 99 in Warsaw, Poland - one of the Queen&#39;s first solo overseas visits that year.

TC
Barbara

micas 01-21-2004 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

micas 01-21-2004 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

andiemac 01-21-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by micas@Jan 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm

oh gorgeous one.. that hairstyle makes her look stunning &#33;&#33;

micas 01-21-2004 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

micas 01-21-2004 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
September 99 in Warsaw, Poland is the information that barbara_41172 give above. :lol:

Alexandria 01-21-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by micas@Jan 21st, 2004 - 7:39 pm

PS: if some1 found a full body pic of one of this autfits please can post, i gona stay graitful. :heart: :heart:

Actually, this picture does exist in an older picture thread. As this is the fourth or fifth such thread, please look at the older Picture threads specifically for Rania and ones for Rania and Abdullah.

micas 01-21-2004 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:blush: Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, but the others i never see.

micas 01-21-2004 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

queenkat101 01-21-2004 07:59 PM

i had to laugh when i saw those pictures with the green boxes.... they are sweets from this place in Amman called Jabry.... i remember they have great ice cream there, lol.....

karolinabraganza 01-22-2004 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
some old and more recent pictures

karolinabraganza 01-22-2004 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

karolinabraganza 01-22-2004 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

karolinabraganza 01-22-2004 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

karolinabraganza 01-22-2004 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more from shoping spree

srbjakoska 01-22-2004 07:31 AM

new photos of Queen Rania
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/21/a26.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/21/a27.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/21/a28.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/21/a29.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/21/a30.jpg

wymanda 01-22-2004 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a shame Rania doesn&#39;t wear Jordanian designs like this more often now.

micas 01-22-2004 07:46 AM

Wonderful pics. Thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wymanda 01-22-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by queenkat101@Jan 21st, 2004 - 7:59 pm
i had to laugh when i saw those pictures with the green boxes.... they are sweets from this place in Amman called Jabry.... i remember they have great ice cream there, lol.....
Sounds like something I missed in Ammaan&#33; :unsure:

micas 01-23-2004 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hy, i found this pics in Google.I hope you like. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

micas 01-23-2004 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

micas 01-23-2004 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

micas 01-23-2004 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some1 have abetter look from the 2 autfits that i gona post nex?

micas 01-23-2004 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

micas 01-23-2004 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)

srbjakoska 01-27-2004 12:59 AM

Queen Rania and King Abdullah:
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/25/a27.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/25/a24.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/25/a21.jpg

Britters 01-27-2004 01:15 AM

Queen Raina is a gorgeous women, but she seems to be getting more and more thin the longer she is in the spotlight. In my opinion she needs to put on a little weight...but maybe that is just me...I just hope there is nothing seriously worng (as it looks as though there might be).

srbjakoska 02-11-2004 09:55 PM

Queen Rania:
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/42/a14.jpg

Humera 02-16-2004 12:56 PM

Haven&#39;t seen much of Rania lately but here are some new pics from Petra

Petra1
Petra2
Petra3
Petra4

Humera 02-16-2004 12:59 PM

with Cherie Blair
Feb 16a
Feb 16b

micas 02-16-2004 01:04 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful pics :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

srbjakoska 02-16-2004 06:12 PM

more new pictures of Queen Rania from Petra:
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a27.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a28.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a26.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a24.jpg

micas 02-16-2004 06:15 PM

Once again :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

srbjakoska 02-17-2004 07:52 PM

Queen Rania:
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/48/a29.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/48/a30.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/48/a31.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/48/a32.jpg

rollin_keef 02-17-2004 08:46 PM

i have to say Rania is STUNNING

tayoobeh 02-18-2004 02:44 PM

she certainly is

Humera 02-18-2004 06:20 PM

I love the outfit she&#39;s wearing in the latest pictures

tayoobeh 02-19-2004 02:26 PM

i must say i had never seen such outfit before.
she could seriously be a model

Blueice 02-19-2004 03:01 PM

If and when affordable, one can hardly go wrong with Chanel (by Karl Lagerfeld, of course)... ;)

micas 02-19-2004 03:17 PM

I like to see the rest of the autfit :heart: :heart: :heart:

Humera 02-19-2004 06:43 PM

Rania needs to wear more colours like that and give up the dowdy shades of black, brown and grey.

tayoobeh 02-20-2004 11:28 AM

even though she is stunning and dresses great
she still takes care of her people

cd_1 02-20-2004 01:03 PM

;

Fireweaver 02-20-2004 01:07 PM

She wasn&#39;t born a princess. I think her family has some money, but not as much as say the royal family.

nicole 02-20-2004 02:06 PM

Her father was a doctor--so they lived on a doctor&#39;s salary which isn&#39;t that bad.

karolinabraganza 03-30-2004 09:59 AM

Rania de Jordanie ne connaît pas une minute de répit. Reine, épouse, mère et avocate des plus défavorisés… son agenda est rempli pour plusieurs vies. Exemple, la semaine dernière : après une intervention au Sommet de la femme arabe célébré à Ammann, juste après un voyage officiel dans plusieurs pays d’Europe avec son mari, elle repartait avec le roi en Turquie pour une visite d’Etat de deux jours. Et entre ses devoirs officiels, la jeune femme trouvait encore le temps de visiter plusieurs centres consacrés à l’enfance et à la jeunesse dans son pays. Tel est l’impressionnant programme de Rania, qui a su se gagner le cœur de son peuple par sa générosité et son dévouement de chaque instant.

Short translation: rania doesnt rest a lot. queen, wife, mother and speaker for numerous underpriviledged groups; her agenda is filled for several lives. for example, last week: after an invitation to the arab women sommet at amman, just after an official trip to various european countries with her husband, she appeared in turkey for a two-day state visit with her husband. and between her official engagements, rania finds the time to support numerous institutions helping children and young women in her own country. this is the imporesive programme of a queen that has conquered the heart of her poeple due to her generosity...

https://www.ohla.com/magazine/2004/03/24/oh.../oh0288s21a.jpg

*Image changed to a link by administrator.*

Balqis 03-31-2004 10:18 PM

Queen Rania visited Kuwait on 30th March 2004.

Arrival

Meeting of the Board of Trustees

Queen Rania talking

Queen Rania meeting Kuwaitis

Queen Rania Underlines Importance of Open Arab University
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah underlined the important role of the Open Arab University (OAU) in making a qualitative leap in the prevailing educational systems in the Arab world. Queen Rania, who is co-chairman in OAU Board of Trustees, made her remarks while chairing the 2nd meeting of the board opened in Kuwait Tuesday. The Queen said the university was established because there was an urgent need for such type of teaching . Today, the university is gaining
greater importance in the wake of the current changes and circumstances
in the Arab states, Queen Rania said. She hoped that the meeting would come up with practical results that could contribute to promoting the role of the university and its future outlook on academic programs.

Humera 04-05-2004 01:08 PM

In Turkey, March 16
Dinner with Turking PM and his wife

Dinner

Dinner 2

more pics from Turkish visit

Humera 04-05-2004 01:09 PM

I have to say she&#39;s looking very good in these pics...not sickly thin

Beirut, March 8, 2004
I love this outfit&#33;&#33;

Humera 04-07-2004 01:37 PM

New pictures from the UAE, April 7
Rania wearing another lovely dress

karolinabraganza 04-07-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Apr 7th, 2004 - 12:37 pm

the dress is prada,by the way

karolinabraganza 04-07-2004 03:08 PM

rania in dubai, april 6th
https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...ania_are103.jpg

Jackswife 04-07-2004 03:52 PM

WOW&#33; She is beautiful-and I love the necklace she&#39;s wearing there in the Dubai shot. A very flattering design for the neckline of her outfit. Gorgeous. :heart:

amina1 04-07-2004 08:21 PM

Wow, how many days is her visit going to take, she went long time ago, and her husband is in another country too. I wonder about the kids.

Humera 04-08-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by karolinabraganza+Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (karolinabraganza @ Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Apr 7th, 2004 - 12:37 pm

the dress is prada,by the way [/b][/quote]
yep i recognized it from a recent prada fashion show i was watching on tv.
Rania certainly buys and wears the latest stuff way before everyone else.
She has another dress like that i believe, i&#39;ll have to look up the picture.

Humera 04-08-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:08 pm
rania in dubai, april 6th
https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/...ania_are103.jpg

do you have any more pictures from that event?

Humera 04-08-2004 12:32 PM

found it&#33;
here&#39;s the shirt-dress thats basically the same as the one she wore in dubai

Humera 04-19-2004 05:16 PM

recent pictures of Rania
April 19, 2004

Fireweaver 04-19-2004 09:28 PM

Great pics, thanks&#33;

Roos 04-20-2004 08:09 PM

Rania has been voted one of the greatest heros and icons in the century

congratulations to her :clap:

its in time magazine if you want to see it

micas 04-20-2004 08:11 PM

That is very godd, Amaizing :lol: :grrr: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexandria 04-20-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Princepessa@Apr 20th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
Rania has been voted one of the greatest heros and icons in the century

congratulations to her :clap:

its in time magazine if you want to see it

What are the reasons exactly that Time cites for Rania being a hero or icon?

And who else is on this list?

madonna23 04-20-2004 09:25 PM

the heroes and icons section of Time&#39;s 100 includes a wide range of people including nobel peace prize winner shirin ebadi, actor/director mel gibson, american idol judge simon cowell, etc.

queen rania was noted suprisingly not so much for her work in jordan but for her work for the international children&#39;s vaccination fund. i thought that odd since she her influence has been felt far more in jordan.

in my opinion, the recognition was well-deserved because whether or not you approve of queen rania&#39;s initiatives (and i, for one, don&#39;t particularly think she&#39;s done that much), you can&#39;t deny she has had a major influence on arab women.

Alexandria 04-20-2004 09:45 PM

Here is a link to the article: Time 100 for 2004

Among the others in Heroes & Icons Rania is ranked amongst include:
Nelson Mandela
Aung San Suu Kyi
Queen Rania of Jordan
Shirin Ebadi
Bono
Bernard Kouchner
Bill Belichick
David Beckham
Lance Armstrong
Yao Ming
John Bogle
Mel Gibson
Arthur Agatston
Dalai Lama
Tiger Woods
Paula Radcliffe
Oprah Winfrey
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Evan Wolfson
BKS Iyengar

Unfortunately, one must subscribe in order to read why it is that Time believes Rania deserves such a bestowal. I am curious to know what they feel her achievements and acomplishments are that would rank her amongst the likes of Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.