The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Austria and Germany (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover (March 2008-) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/prince-ernst-august-v-and-the-royal-house-of-hanover-march-2008-a-16399.html)

REAL COUNTESS 10-03-2020 05:32 PM

No news about Prince E A of Hanover senior, seems to be good news. I hope he got help and get back to his charming self again.

victor1319 01-15-2021 01:42 AM

It is getting hot...

So, two weeks ago Prince Ernst August was indicted by an Austrian attorney of state: The Prince is, if convicted, faceing up to three years imprisonment for hurting folks and threatening them under influence in four cases.

The court wants him to see a medical expert witness(?).[1]

His defence: His housekeepers supplyed him with alcohol, albeit they knew, that he was sick. The fun part: These housekeepers were his first victims - so, he says, it was their fault.[2]

Sources (sorry, in German only):
[1] https://www.merkur.de/boulevard/erns...-90155870.html

[2] https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...h-alkohol.html

rominet09 01-15-2021 08:16 AM

Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !

Heavs 01-15-2021 08:48 AM

If they hadn't bought him alcohol then he probably would have become abusive about that. If this is true then he really has no excuses. Blaming the victims because they gave him booze, blaming them for bringing him booze or being drunk doesn't excuse is alleged actions.

He really isn't a well man in any sense of the word it seems but until he makes an effort to get help and change nothing anyone does for him will work.

victor1319 01-15-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 2366620)
Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !

Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" :lol: .

REAL COUNTESS 01-15-2021 01:51 PM

It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.

MsJulie 01-15-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor1319 (Post 2366643)
Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" :lol: .

Rominet and Victor.....your English is great! You write and talk better then some English speaking people. I understood you perfectly. Now to train my spellchecker on the computer. I think thatís hopeless

Thank you for all the info and comments on the Prince.

Countessmeout 01-15-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS (Post 2366660)
It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.

Though not married or with kids, I'd think his daughter would have also appreciated more of his time and attention. Over his lifestyle these years.

Heck even his stepchildren have been effected by his choices. I remember Pierre spending the night int he hospital in Peru with his stepfather so that Christian didn't have to leave his wedding.

Any judge worth his salt should throw out the argument without blinking. You can't blame a servant for following the orders of their boss. Unless asked to do something criminal, then yes they have the right to refuse. They would have faced being fired, and subjected to more abuse, for refusing the man. They are not to blame for his dangerous behavior or actions after he drank.

One can only hope for a hospital at this point. And longer stay then the last.

rominet09 01-15-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor1319 (Post 2366643)

Thank you very much !:flowers:

eya 02-16-2021 06:57 PM

Prince Ernst August sues his son to win back control of Marienburg Castle

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...-german-castle

Moonmaiden23 02-16-2021 10:27 PM

:previous: Oh brother!:sad:

I will say that Marienbad is one of the most beautiful fairy tale castles I have ever seen in my life.:ohmy:

maria-olivia 02-17-2021 08:38 AM

The Plaintif seems in good health conditions . Accusations against his eldest Son until the end of his life.
His Father was not that generous for is own Mother...

REAL COUNTESS 02-17-2021 03:07 PM

Prince Ernst August don't give up . If he get the Castles back, I hope he has the funds for the up keep. He has waisted so much money on booze and women and lawyers to keep him out of jail. Maybe he needs a Guardianship, to keep him on the straight and narrow?. His shine and glory are long faded and a thing of the past. Instead of hanging around Courtrooms and slinging accusations against the HP, he should reflect and get to meet his four grandchildren and be there for his children, his two sons and his daughter, did he ever met her boyfriend? I am sorry to say this , but Prince E A is a Royal pain in the Royal Backside. Respect needs to be earned, it is not a given, because he is Royal.

victor1319 02-17-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS (Post 2371736)
Instead of hanging around Courtrooms and slinging accusations against the HP, he should reflect and get to meet his four grandchildren and be there for his children, his two sons and his daughter, did he ever met her boyfriend?

Various news outlets had in their news today, that Senior feels "neglected" by Junior. This is part of the ongoing court case too, since Senior claims Junior is not thankful for the things in inherited beforehand - and "Grober Undank" or "gross ingratitude" is one of the reasons he demands everything back. In German Civil Law this is possible.

Interesting too, that there is a third party in the case: The "EAH BetreibungsgmbH", an outfit that is specialized in some kind of high class incasso and repo business. Their excecutive manager is Malte Berlin, the lawyer of Senior. It seems, like Senior has ceded/assigned a bigger part of his claims against Junior to this outfit.
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellsc...-17201273.html

Senior probably owes them biggly!

REAL COUNTESS 02-17-2021 06:52 PM

Is there by chance any adult in the room? The poor thing feels neglected by his son, well what an ingrate,! ha maybe, EA Jr. should have him move in with his family and he can be taken care of, like one of his children? Yes getting old is not so funny for some, he feels totally left out, maybe he should sign up for some Volunteer work anybody can due something go to a children's Hospital and read to them, or to a foodbank, or deliver food to the needy, maybe that again is in his opinion work not up to par for a Prince? Wow first he gives it than he wants it back, because he claims, sein Sohn sei Undankbar und ein Gericht will sich so etwas anhoeren? Und dass in Deutschland?? unglaublich. And then this REPO CO.? I don't think he needs a Court of Law, he needs a Doctor a special one. Maybe he is depressed or something. I don't understand him anymore, I met him about 30 years ago he was Prince Charming, one could not imagen anyone nicer. Something sure went wrong somewhere along the line, sadly to say. Hope he stop with this Lawsuit nonsense and make up with his son and family.

rominet09 02-17-2021 07:51 PM

Beyond my comprehension, he is extremely rich, what would be the use of reganing this old castle ? Against his own son ! I can't understand.

Countessmeout 02-18-2021 01:26 AM

Honestly little has done in the last decade or so has made sense. :ermm:

Maybe he seems to think 'reclaim my castle and reclaim my power'. He may think his son has usurped his position, and the castle is a symbol of it. Who knows what he is thinking in all of this.

I feel so bad for his three children watching their dad and this decline.

Addapalla 02-18-2021 11:20 AM

Like all loutish narcissists with inflated and fragile egos, pugnacious EA always perceives himself as the victim in his battles. I hope he gets effective help someday so he can find some peace.

victor1319 02-18-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 2371784)
Beyond my comprehension, he is extremely rich, what would be the use of reganing this old castle ? Against his own son ! I can't understand.

I do mean to understand the thingy with the castle - Ok, the castle is rather new, but a lot of prestige comes with it and with the King's of Hannover Crown in it.

If one sees royalty not as a mere business... - , a firm with land and farms and some old private property, then the act of giving away the castle might be the first step onto the way down into the ordinary.

rominet09 02-18-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victor1319 (Post 2371934)
I do mean to understand the thingy with the castle - Ok, the castle is rather new, but a lot of prestige comes with it and with the King's of Hannover Crown in it.

If one sees royalty not as a mere business... - , a firm with land and farms and some old private property, then the act of giving away the castle might be the first step onto the way down into the ordinary.

I have never thought of that and I think you are right.
I really thought that, at a certain age and with the wisdom that should come with age, you should consider these things secondary....