The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Austria and Germany (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover (March 2008-) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/prince-ernst-august-v-and-the-royal-house-of-hanover-march-2008-a-16399.html)

Marty91charmed 09-22-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1704998)
I don't know, so I ask: did Caroline & EA have a religious wedding? Caroline's marriage with Junot was annulled; she was widowed from Stefano (whom she only married in a civil ceremony anyway). So she could have had another catholic wedding, but not with a divorced man like EA. I never heard whether they had a protestant wedding or only a civil ceremony.

The ony had a civil wedding.... As you said he was divorced:flowers:.

Even if he hadn't been divorced they wouldn't have had a protestant cermeony because the official religion of the Grimaldis and in monaco is catholicism:flowers:

Stefan 09-22-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1705002)
The ony had a civil wedding.... As you said he was divorced:flowers:.

Even if he hadn't been divorced they wouldn't have had a protestant cermeony because the official religion of the Grimaldis and in monaco is catholicism:flowers:

But his first marriage was a protestant and not a catholic one. You don't need an annulment to have a second protestant Wedding Church.

Marty91charmed 09-22-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1705003)
But his first marriage was a protestant and not a catholic one. You don't need an annulment to have a second protestant Wedding Church.

Yes, he is protestant but Caroline is NOT...They married in Monaco with the monaco law... I mean if he hadn't been divorced they would marry only civil the same since Caroline wouldn't be allowed to marry with a protestant ceremony... Caroline is catholic....the state religion in Monaco is catholicism

An you are probably confused because it's caroline who had an annulment and not Ernst...

Caroline had a first catholic wedding which then was annulled... Sinc Ernst is not protestant the catholic church wouldn't have allowed the marriage (if he had been unmarried) because of the different religion... He would have had to convert to the catholicismHence the civil marriage. Hope to be clear...

melina premiere 09-22-2014 03:56 PM

Caroline had a civil ceremony of wedding in the palace on january 23th 1999, It was her birthday and she was expecting Alexandra

Lee-Z 09-22-2014 04:14 PM

it's easy for me to say that if my relationship went that way, i'd divorce...but there must be some reason that they choose not to..

capri 09-22-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melina premiere (Post 1705127)
Caroline had a civil ceremony of wedding in the palace on january 23th 1999, It was her birthday and she was expecting Alexandra

I had read that next month (26 February 1999), in Ernest's birthday they had a religion (protestant) ceremony in Hannover, in the chapel of Ernest's castle.

Stefan 09-22-2014 05:24 PM

There is also the option of an oecumenical Wedding Service which is either leed by a Priest of the catholic Church or a protestant Pastor. ususally the Pastor/Priest of the other religion also participates. This was for example done at the Wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg. The marriage was performed by a protestant astor in a protestant Church but also a catholic celebrant participated in it.
And as Ernst August had not been married in the catholic Church such a Service could have been held by a catholic Priest. And i believe you can also have a catholic marriage whitout converting.

Marty91charmed 09-22-2014 05:50 PM

I think that doesn't apply to the family of monaco... Caroline would probably have lost her right to throne... (I'm not sure about this anyway). But I really think that the princely family can only marry in a catholic way... Plus for the chuch Ernst was a divorcee... You should ask to someoen who knows more but I believe that a marriage in a catholic church is the only chance for the family

FanofMonaco 09-22-2014 06:06 PM

When PA married Charlene he said that it was not a requirement that she convert to Catholicism.

Tosca 09-25-2014 01:32 PM

The Orthodox and the Protestants receive baptism, just like the Catholics. So in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church every person who's been christened is viewed as a Catholic, thus Ernst had to get his marriage to Chantal annuled prior to marrying Caroline, which didn't happen.

Warren 09-25-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale
Caroline values her HRH above practically anything.. If divorced she would revert to a measly HSH...

Princess Caroline is currently HRH The Princess of Hanover.
If she and Prince Ernst August divorced she would become HRH Caroline, Princess of Hanover.
She would only lose her Hanover title and the style of Royal Highness if she remarried.

Al_bina 10-12-2014 08:30 PM

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2533093.html

The above link contains photos of Prince Ernst August and his companion in attending Oktoberfest 2014.

iceflower 10-23-2014 05:06 PM

Prince Ernst-August and his girlfriend Simona attended the inauguration of an exhibition of Jeweler Köchert on the occasion of its 200-year-anniversary in Vienna, Austria on October 22:

** Pic ** bunte.de: Mit seiner Geliebten beim Sisi-Juwelier! ** translation ** IBL gallery ** vienna.at **

Kit 10-23-2014 05:13 PM

He even gave interviews to ORF and RTL at the exhibition. He actually seemed to be very happy and in a really good mood. I think the relationship is quite serious and makes him happy.

Duke of Marmalade 10-24-2014 02:29 AM

Ernst August von Hannover: Neue Geliebte Simona posiert vor Caroline-Porträt! - Royals - Bild.de

There is a picture of Caroline in the background... :tongue:

MARG 10-24-2014 06:43 AM

:previous: That man takes being a classic Cad to it's deepest level!

maria-olivia 10-24-2014 07:40 AM

I hope the Romanian Bimbo Simona will not be pregnant .

fandesacs2003 10-24-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1713704)

That's true. Where is this pic being taken?

Tilia C. 10-24-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1713804)
That's true. Where is this pic being taken?

It was taken at an exhibition opening at Vienna jeweller Köchert. The headline of the article says she's "posing in front of o picture of Princess Caroline". But to be fair, she isn't exactly posing. The picture gives the impression that the couple just walk from room to room with the photographers present. EA and Simone are probably not even aware that there is a small photo of Caroline on the wall.

Lee-Z 10-24-2014 11:11 AM

Well it's hardly like she's actually purposefully posing with the photo of P.Caroline... imo a bit of "Bild-klatsch" must still be slow news season ;)
Bit of unfortunate (or fortunate depending on the way you look at it) timing by the photographer ;)

ETA: you beat me to it Tilia :smile: