The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Austria and Germany (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover (March 2008-) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/prince-ernst-august-v-and-the-royal-house-of-hanover-march-2008-a-16399.html)

Charlotte_Aster 04-26-2011 08:21 AM

I heard this morning in TV that E-A might attend the wedding. And... here's the shocker: Caroline might accompany him.
What do you think? To me it seems a bit far fetched...

fandesacs2003 04-26-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1239158)
I heard this morning in TV that E-A might attend the wedding. And... here's the shocker: Caroline might accompany him.

Prince EA does not appear in the guest's list. He is cousin so he might be invited. As for Caroline..... :eek: they ave never appeared together since 18 months... it should be crazy if they did so now! Unless they reconciliated:biggrin:

Nadine 04-26-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1239158)

Hmm, thanks for the latest. :smile: Seeing as you're from Germany, I was wondering if this info. came from a news report? or a gossip magazine? Though I admit nowadays it's hard to tell the difference...

The last time I think they were in London together for such an auspicious occasion was for the Queen Mother's funeral in 2002. Here's a short clip (they can be seen at the 1:00 minute mark, as well as Prince Albert behind them):

YouTube - Queen Mothers Funeral Part 6

Then again, are you referring to William & Kate's wedding? or Albert & Charlene's? I must admit I find the latter more plausible than the former. :D

Charlotte_Aster 04-26-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadine (Post 1239309)
Hmm, thanks for the latest. :smile: Seeing as you're from Germany, I was wondering if this info. came from a news report? or a gossip magazine? Though I admit nowadays it's hard to tell the difference...

Then again, are you referring to William & Kate's wedding? or Albert & Charlene's? I must admit I find the latter more plausible than the former. :D

I heard in the morning news. This man who claimed to be a royal insider said that EA might be invited and he most probably would bring Caroline with him. :whistling: (Some royal insider he is...) Anyway, since those two weren't seen together for the last couple of months, it seemed a bit weird that a royal insider on TV would actually suggest her attendance. (for the W&K wedding, German TV is over-filled with reports of them everday)

Nadine 04-27-2011 07:55 PM

Thanks, Charlotte Aster, for the invaluable info! :smile:

Your post had me searching maniacally all over the internet for the official guest list for ALL guests, not just the ones released by BP recently. Anyhow, I couldn't find it. :sad:

Lol, now I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see if they will actually show up together! :confused: I must confess I would love it if they did, had a reconciliation of some sort, as I hate to see marriages fall apart. And on that note here's hoping, praying, wishing for the very best! :heart1:

lula 07-26-2011 04:41 PM

Ernst of Hanover was admitted yesterday to a hospital in Ibiza (Spain) with a pancreatic disease.

Ernesto de Hannover, ingresado en Ibiza por una pancreatitis · ELPAÍS.com

Cory 07-26-2011 07:01 PM

He had a quite sad story.I hope he recovers quickly.

açucena 07-27-2011 04:38 AM

Prince Ernst is in Hospital

Prince Ernst is in a Hopital in Ibiza, south of Spain
Ernesto de Hannover ingresado de urgencia en un hospital de Ibiza

Lenora 07-27-2011 04:39 AM

Ernst de Hanovre hospitalisé pour une pancréatite - ParisMatch.com

LadyFinn 07-27-2011 06:55 AM

Prinz von Hannover's coat of arms not registrable as a trademark.
The General Court confirmed that a coat of arms filed as Community trademark is not registrable if it is a heraldic imitation of a national coat of arms or of other state emblems.
Prinz von Hannover's coat of arms not registrable as a trademark - Lexology

marine2109 07-27-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Albert of Monaco's brother-in-law Prince Ernst very ill
Albert of Monaco's brother-in-law Prince Ernst very ill | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

marine2109 07-27-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Ernesto de Hannover, admitted urgently to the hospital in Ibiza
https://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...2/casasreales/

https://translate.google.com.tr/trans...casasreales%2F

Stefanie 07-27-2011 11:48 AM

I doubt Ibiza is the right place for him to get the proper treatment in case it´s indeed the pancreatitis. But since he is abroad in Ibizia he seems to have contact with Caroline because they´re all on holiday there.

lazuli 07-27-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by açucena (Post 1292818)
Prince Ernst is in a Hopital in Ibiza, south of Spain
Ernesto de Hannover ingresado de urgencia en un hospital de Ibiza

Poor man. I can't stop feeling sorry for him, it seems life is making him pay the price of all his wrong doing in the past. I wonder how P. Caroline took the news of P. Ernest internment... And what about Alexandra? I wonder how is she coping with her father's ilness... :sad: :ermm: :sad:

marine2109 07-27-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Ernst August of Hanover hospitalized in intensive care
Ernst August de Hanovre hospitalisé en soins intensifs...

Google Google Translate

Duchessmary 07-27-2011 01:00 PM

It will be interesting to see if Princess Caroline turns up.

sesa 07-27-2011 01:24 PM

Well..I hope he learns his lesson if he did get this from drinking again. I had this once and it was more than enough for me. I now take very good care of my pancreas. It is very, very painful and causes so many other problems with your other organs. Mine was caused from gallblader stones being stuck and causing a major infection over a period of time. it causes so much damage, I can't imagine that he would do this to himself again. I hope he gets better and starts to take better care of himself. It would be a shame if he didn't. And it would be a horrible way to die (not that he is going to die from this mind you!)

NGalitzine 07-27-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazuli (Post 1292964)
I wonder how P. Caroline took the news of P. Ernest internment...

I think Caroline would be shocked to hear that EA had been interned.....

I realize English is probably not your first language, but just an FYI, in English the word "internment" means to be buried. EA has been hospitalized but I dont think he is at deaths door yet and certainly not dead & buried.

rominet09 07-27-2011 07:33 PM

We shouldn't forget that EA is Alexandra's father.... so Caroline must care a lot.

Katrianna 07-28-2011 12:33 AM

Some agencies are reporting that Prince Ernst August has pancreatitis and now some are reporting that he just has a "stomach upset". I'm inclined to think it's more serious than a minor ailment and may very well be pancreatitis again or a serious liver problem since, I'm sure his liver is probably heavily damaged by substance abuse.
The Prince may very well dodge the bullet again, but as long as he abuses, it will catch up with him in time. Addiction is a very difficult disease to conquer especially if one has has abused for a very long period of time.

zarat 07-28-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 1292959)
I doubt Ibiza is the right place for him to get the proper treatment in case it´s indeed the pancreatitis. But since he is abroad in Ibizia he seems to have contact with Caroline because they´re all on holiday there.

But they are not on the same island- prince Ernest is in Ibiza and P.cess Caroline in Capri- it's completely different places....

Duke of Marmalade 07-28-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrianna (Post 1293283)
The Prince may very well dodge the bullet again, but as long as he abuses, it will catch up with him in time. Addiction is a very difficult disease to conquer especially if one has has abused for a very long period of time.

Exactly. He wont get too many chances. EA already has serious problems that could have let to his demise (by his own admission) in 2005 at the same time when Prince Rainier died, a very difficult time for PC.

rominet09 07-28-2011 08:06 AM

Are there any news about him ?

Florencia 07-31-2011 07:13 AM

Prince Ernst was discharged from hospital yesterday.
Ernesto de Hannover ha dejado la clínica ibicenca de incógnito

Ilse 07-31-2011 10:39 AM

I am glad to read this and i hope he stops drinking.

Duchessmary 07-31-2011 12:24 PM

He looks about 100 years old!

solitaire078 07-31-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Al hospital llegó también su hijo Christian, que apenas se ha separado después de su padre ,tanto, que médicos y enfermeras han comentado en privado que estaban hartos de ver al chico descalzo por los pasillos y abriendo la nevera del personal auxiliar para coger refrescos sin pedir permiso a nadie.
Can someone translate this in English for me? I'm not sure if Google is translating it correctly for me.

Roughly this was translated as "Christian walked barefoot and took soft drinks without asking permission"

Not sure if that's right?

Renata4711 07-31-2011 04:38 PM

Is nothing sacred or confidential anymore ?
Who stole the hospital report ?

Florencia 07-31-2011 09:14 PM

Yes, it's correct the translation, Solitaire078.

iceflower 08-02-2011 11:22 AM

Prince Ernst August is fine again, he has been photographed today, August
2nd, continuing his holidays on the Spanish island Ibiza.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Renata4711 08-02-2011 11:26 AM

I can't - for the life of me - think of him as "Ernesto" :-))

And those young lassies could give him a heart attack any moment.....

azure 08-02-2011 11:31 AM

He seems so sick and crummy :sad:

PetraHel 08-03-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capri (Post 1296634)
He seems so sick and crummy :sad:

Hello magazine mentions that he left the hospital with close female friend, a former dancer from Romania, thought to be 23 years old and known as Simone.

Princess Caroline's husband Prince Ernst released from hospital - hellomagazine.com

NGalitzine 08-06-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchessmary (Post 1295409)
He looks about 100 years old!

He should hit the gym or swim laps in the pool, his legs look like sticks.

Renata4711 08-14-2011 02:44 PM

Ah well - Simone will perk him up a bit ...... but not too much !!

fandesacs2003 08-14-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetraHel (Post 1297051)
Hello magazine mentions that he left the hospital with close female friend, a former dancer from Romania, thought to be 23 years old and known as Simone.

Princess Caroline's husband Prince Ernst released from hospital - hellomagazine.com

I read that she is working as a model for ads for borthels in germany. Imagine her as the
futvre pcs of hannover:eek:

American Observer7 08-14-2011 06:54 PM

I hear that Prince Ernest of Hanover is also a billionaire as is Caroline and Prince Albert each separately in their own right. The Queen is not even a billionaire not even close.

I also read that Prince Ernest has attended state functions in Germany with their Prime Minister and the Queen of England has been present so his princely title and HRH is recognized and the man has bodyguards.

Princess Caroline and Princess Alexandra are addressed as HRH in Monaco and overseas.

I can't help but feel the title is why Princess Caroline stays married to this man, the title of HRH.

Diarist 09-20-2011 04:10 PM

American Observer, 'Prince' Ernst's title is, stictly speaking NOT recognised. I am going to answer this at the same time as dealing with a post by THtregoddess11 that was transferred from another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 (Post 1318158)
Correct on the fact he is not a british subject. Incorrect not to call him a British Royal. If he's not a british royal, then why is his full official title (E-A Jr, Christian and Alexandra's with their respective names for that matter):
His Royal Highness Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland and why was he in line for the throne until his marriage to Caroline?
He's a British Royal. End of story.

So far as British use of the title of HRH is concerned,

NGalitzine 09-20-2011 05:40 PM

Yes, The House of Hanover use the title Prince of Great Britain and Ireland along with their German titles however the correct title for real princes of the British royal family is Prince of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland. The use of the HRH in the UK is governed by the 1917 Letters Patent. EA is not a British royal but merely a German commoner with an interesting set of ancestors and acceptance of his titles is more social than legal. Page 1 of this thread pretty well covers his status and titles.

fandesacs2003 09-30-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Observer7 (Post 1302773)
I hear that Prince Ernest of Hanover is also a billionaire as is Caroline and Prince Albert each separately in their own right. The Queen is not even a billionaire not even close.

I have always heard that the Queen is extremely rich! I could not believe that EA is richer than her, especially since the Quuen still and constrantly receives state money to cover a large part of her life expenses. EA does not receive money from nowhere, he lives on his own fortune! A very large fortune of course,but larger than the Queen???? Incredible for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Observer7 (Post 1302773)
I also read that Prince Ernest has attended state functions in Germany with their Prime Minister and the Queen of England has been present so his princely title and HRH is recognized and the man has bodyguards.

NO, he has NOT any state functions, he is just socially well connected, and of course he has a very high position among royals, but this is just social, nothing official.
IF he has bodyguards, he pays them from his pocket. Many rich people have bodyguards.

domilo 11-16-2011 03:46 PM

he gave up to drink to take care of alexandra.....poeple who doesn t know the truht,should be qiet.he is a nice guy,generous and sympatic

NGalitzine 11-16-2011 04:13 PM

When did he give up drinking? After his hospital stay in Spain this summer? When has he been taking care of Alexandra? She lives in Monaco with her mother.

FanofMonaco 11-16-2011 04:17 PM

I have a feeling that the Queen is asset rich and cash poor. She has castles, priceless paintings and antiques. She is very wealthy but I don't think she is a billionare. I read in Forbes she is estimated to be worth $600 million. The truth is no one really knows what she or P. Ernst are worth. We just know they are not poor.

Royalfan17 11-19-2011 08:43 AM

Do someone know, if he is together with Princess Caroline yet?
I hope you know what I mean.

Biri 11-19-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1338005)
When did he give up drinking? After his hospital stay in Spain this summer? When has he been taking care of Alexandra? She lives in Monaco with her mother.

Domilo had probably in thought that Ernst-August - after he was at the point of dying due to problems with liver (cirrhosis?), he realized that he has to live long for Alexandra, to raise her, see her grow up, and set a family.

Cory 02-09-2012 04:01 PM

Noblesse & Royautés » Ernst August et Caroline de Hanovre déboutés par la Cour européenne des Droits de l’Homme

Warren 02-09-2012 04:36 PM

:previous:
The article, sourced from Le Figaro, states that the European Court of Human Rights has dismissed a claim by the Prince and Princess of Hanover against a 2008 judgement of the German Constitutional Court.
The Prince and Princess had demanded a conviction due to invasion of privacy by Frau im Spiegel [a German weekly womens'magazine] which had published a photograph without their consent which was taken during a skiing holiday when Prince Rainier was ill.

An addition to the blog article states that according to Selon d'Express "The image in question, published in early 2002, represented a walking holiday in the Swiss ski resort of St. Moritz. An article accompanying the photograph was titled "Princess Stephanie, there is she who takes care of the sick prince." The German Constitutional Court held in February 2008 that the articles in question dealt with a topical issue (the illness of Prince Rainier) and that the press had the right to evoke the behavior of family members with pictures."

iceflower 02-21-2012 06:32 AM

Prince Ernst August pictured in Milan, Italy on February 15, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

fandesacs2003 02-21-2012 06:48 AM

GOD!!!! He became soooo old looking. Bad life I presume,

Biri 02-21-2012 06:58 AM

Destroyed by alcohol, I presume.

MAfan 02-21-2012 09:30 AM

And also the cigarette in his hand doesn't help him and his health.

Baroness of Books 02-21-2012 09:54 AM

He hasn't aged well at all; obviously his lifestyle has taken a heavy toll on him.

julliette 02-28-2012 04:42 PM

some more pics from Milan
Olycom - News

Mermaid1962 02-28-2012 05:24 PM

:previous: He's 57 or 58 years old, I believe? Doesn't look well for his age at all. He looks as though he's the sort of person whose health could collapse at any time.

fearghas 02-29-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 1377967)
:previous: He's 57 or 58 years old, I believe? Doesn't look well for his age at all. He looks as though he's the sort of person whose health could collapse at any time.

Prince EA junior already appears to have taken over much of the duities of the family. Lets hope for his and his brothers and sisters sake that he doesn't soon become Head of the Family

Saschana 03-18-2012 03:10 PM

A new episode in the never-ending soap opera between Prince Heinrich and Desiree Nick. A court has decided that Heinrich's wife Thyra isn't allowed to deny that her husband and Mrs Nick had an affair. (The Prince and Mrs Nick, who is a famous German entertainer, have a son together and were estranged for many years. Mrs Nick claims that they met again in 2006 and had an affair that lasted until last year. In an interview Princess Thyra said that it was untrue and that Mrs Nick has faked e-mails that would prove the relationship.)

Vor Gericht: Justiz-Fall: Desirée Nick und der Prinz - B.Z. Berlin - Desirée Nick , Prozess, Prinzessin

Duchessmary 03-19-2012 10:52 AM

just my opinion, this Prince is anything but. :bang:

iceflower 06-20-2012 05:55 AM

Several members of the Royal House of Hanover, including Prince Ernst August jr., Prince Otto jr., Prince Heinrich and Princess Thyra
attended a Queen Elizabeth Birthday reception in Hanover, Germany on June 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

iceflower 06-29-2012 04:47 AM

We haven't seen Prince Ernst August for a while, now he has been pictured on the Spanish island Ibiza again:

** Pic ** svenskdam.se: Ernst August lunchar på Ibiza – med cigaretter och vin…** translation **

Warren 06-29-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1432990)
Several members of the Royal House of Hanover, including Prince Ernst August jr., Prince Otto...

** Pic 2 **

Public appearances and pictures of Prince Otto of Hanover are extremely rare. In fact, although he is now 24, this is the first photo I've ever seen of him.
Wiki reports that he has moved from his Valsassina-Como-Vercelli home(s) in Austria to study painting at the University of Art at Brunswick.

SydneyLux 05-17-2013 08:29 PM

Prince Heinrich and Princess Thyra attended an event to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the wedding of Princess Victoria Luise of Prussia and Prince Ernst August III of Hanover

Royals of Hanover: Prince Heinrich and Princess Thyra in Berlin

LadyFinn 07-14-2013 05:17 AM

Ernst August in trouble again
Ernesto de Hannover intenta agredir a dos turistas en Ibiza al confundirlos con paparazzi
Translation

zarat 07-17-2013 05:23 AM

Few pics with prince Ernst of Hannover from Olycom.
Olycom - News

Duchessmary 07-17-2013 10:42 AM

Who's the woman? This guy is a pinup for an overbearing, rude and obnoxious member of the nobility. :ermm:

Dman 07-17-2013 11:07 AM

It's been so long since he's been seen officially that you could almost forget that he's still alive.

Geoffrey VBC 08-01-2013 12:06 PM

Happy 300th Birthday to Carl I von Braunschweig

Today marks the birth of Carl I Duke of Brunswick-Lunenburg (Bevern), Prince of Wolfenbüttel.

From Wikipedia:

Charles was the eldest son of Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg. He fought under Prince Eugene of Savoy against the Ottoman Empire before inheriting the Principality of Wolfenbüttel from his father in 1735. On the suggestion of his priest, Johann Friedrich Wilhelm Jerusalem, in 1745 he founded the Collegium Carolinum, an institute of higher education which is today known as the Technical University of Brunswick. He also hired Gotthold Ephraim Lessing as the librarian for the Bibliotheca Augusta, the ducal library.

Charles attempted to promote the economic development of his state; for example, he founded the Fürstenberg Porcelain Company, and he installed mandatory fire insurance. However, he did not manage to keep the state finances in check. As a consequence, in 1773 his eldest son Charles William Ferdinand took over government.

My ancestor Theodor (1750-1824), is reported to be the illegitimate son of Carl I. Theodor's ancestors live in Canada and include numerous Clerical, Military and Civilian descendants.

marine2109 01-29-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

And where is
Ernesto de Hannover?
¿Y dónde está Ernesto de Hannover?

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...nnover&act=url

Biri 06-22-2014 07:33 AM

Princess Caroline-Louise of Hannover (b.3 May 1965) [daughter of late Prince Christian Oskar of Hannover (1919-1981) & his former wife Mireille Dutry (b.1946)] married Brian Goswick somewhere in the USA, probably in April or early May.

Sources:https://www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha.../hannover.html

zarat 09-19-2014 10:16 AM

Prince Ernest has attended the wedding anniversary of King Constantin and Queen Anna Marie in Greece.
La inesperada reaparición de Ernesto de Hannover

melina premiere 09-19-2014 10:24 AM

He lost a lot of weight. He did not recognize him.

melina premiere 09-19-2014 10:24 AM

Excuse me ' I did not recognize him', a big change

Dman 09-19-2014 10:27 AM

I thought he fell off the face of the planet.

julliette 09-19-2014 02:08 PM

What a surprise to see him there. I didn't know he was good friends with the greek royals. Perhaps the friendship comes through Spyros Niarchos, his best friend who appears with him in the photo, who is also good friends with Pavlos (he's Aristides' godfather).

fandesacs2003 09-19-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julliette (Post 1704285)
What a surprise to see him there. I didn't know he was good friends with the greek royals. Perhaps the friendship comes through Spyros Niarchos, his best friend who appears with him in the photo, who is also good friends with Pavlos (he's Aristides' godfather).

He is not just friend, they are very close family. Pcs Ernst father. Prince Ernst IV of Hannover and late Queen Federica, were siblings, it means that Pcs Ernst V and King Costantin are first cousins.

julliette 09-19-2014 03:19 PM

Thanks for the information, I was not aware they were such close family.

LadyFinn 09-20-2014 02:29 PM

Today prince Ernst August was at the opening of the Oktoberfest in Munich.
https://www.merkur-online.de/bilder/2...63904-2G09.jpg

fandesacs2003 09-20-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1704565)
Today prince Ernst August was at the opening of the Oktoberfest in Munich.
https://www.merkur-online.de/bilder/2...63904-2G09.jpg

He seems angry. For a while seing his yesterday's pic I hopen he gave up drinking, but if he went to Oktoberfest.... very few chances

maria-olivia 09-20-2014 05:04 PM

and he is smoking....

fandesacs2003 09-21-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1704598)
and he is smoking....

You are right, I did not notice before. A fully autodestroying behavior...

LadyFinn 09-21-2014 07:51 AM

More photos of Ernst-August at Oktoberfest with his 26-year-old girlfriend
Prinz Ernst August schunkelt mit Freundin Simona – hochkarätiger Wiesn-Auftakt - Leute - Bild.de

Duke of Marmalade 09-21-2014 08:02 AM

These are shocking pictures. EA look ill and exhausted, I don't want to imply anything but my first thought when I saw the pictures was that his face like the face of an alcoholic. The colour of his skin etc.
https://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert...6,c=0.bild.jpg

Lee-Z 09-21-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1704722)
More photos of Ernst-August at Oktoberfest with his 26-year-old girlfriend
Prinz Ernst August schunkelt mit Freundin Simona – hochkarätiger Wiesn-Auftakt - Leute - Bild.de

Okay?!? So....is this really his girlfriend as seems to be implied? I knew that P.E-A and his wife were pretty much "estranged", but i didn't realise they were "moving on"...?

Duke of Marmalade 09-21-2014 08:06 AM

EA has been seen with Simona on and off for a few years now.

fandesacs2003 09-21-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 1704728)
Okay?!? So....is this really his girlfriend as seems to be implied? I knew that P.E-A and his wife were pretty much "estranged", but i didn't realise they were "moving on"...?

"Estranged"?? There is almost 5 years they have never appeared together. and PC EA appears very often (as often we see him) wuth this girl Simona. She is Romanian, and her job is modelling for advertisements for "maisons closes" I do not know the word in english, brothel?

An old article of the dailymail talking about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-brothels.html

As for her appearance, it is awful, he is roughly 60 years, but his appearance is simply of someone drinking and smoking a lot. What a nightmare, I'm sorry for Pcs Alexandra.

C4A 09-21-2014 12:12 PM

Any reason why they don't divorce?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

wyevale 09-21-2014 12:48 PM

Caroline values her HRH above practically anything.. If divorced she would revert to a measly HSH, and be of a lower rank than her daughter...

FanofMonaco 09-21-2014 12:54 PM

I think PC was pressured into marrying Ernst by her father. He is a decendent of Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany and King George of England. A big move up the noble ladder for the principality. Caroline always said she would never marry a prince. PC lost all of her hair around the time she started dating Ernst. They had a child together and are still not divorced. Caroline already had lost Grace and Stephano. Maybe she was afraid of losing her dad and country if she didn't agree to marry Ernst. I remember her talking in an interview about the life of a princess: "Duty, obey, guilt". She also said that the public didn't know the whole story about her and Ernst. As for the money, all of that would have been decided before the marriage.

This is pure speculation on my part. Even if I'm totally wrong, it's still a better story than the film "Grace of Monaco." LOL

Marty91charmed 09-21-2014 02:49 PM

I thought Caroline married Ernst because she was already pregnant....4 months along

LadyFinn 09-21-2014 03:10 PM

Getty Images has a gallery of 40 photos of Ernst August yesterday
ernst august hanover, DEU Celebrities At Oktoberfest 2014 - Day 1 Pictures & News Photos Getty Images

fandesacs2003 09-21-2014 03:20 PM

At least he is having good time.....
I really hope that his daughter does not see them, and we do not have in front of us HRH the next princess of Hannover

tommy100 09-21-2014 03:24 PM

I am so surprised caroline stays married to him, even if just for the title whilst he is so openly pictured with other women. I always thought she was a more proud woman than that.

wyevale 09-21-2014 03:30 PM

Proud, yes.. intelligent [in matters of the heart].. not so much !

fandesacs2003 09-21-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy100 (Post 1704828)
I am so surprised caroline stays married to him, even if just for the title whilst he is so openly pictured with other women. I always thought she was a more proud woman than that.

I do not see the problem. Everyone knows that this marriage does not exist anymore and it stays just a formality, a "crowned" formality. Caroline is not "cheated" because of the other woman, as we know they are separated, on the other hand they both keep their advantages. ;)

casualfan 09-21-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 1704833)
I do not see the problem. Everyone knows that this marriage does not exist anymore and it stays just a formality, a "crowned" formality. Caroline is not "cheated" because of the other woman, as we know they are separated, on the other hand they both keep their advantages. ;)

But what are those advantages??

fandesacs2003 09-21-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casualfan (Post 1704844)
But what are those advantages??

Caroline stays HRH
EA has not to give a huge part of his fortune for the divorce, and he stays married, it means that no other woman can ask him to marry her.

MARG 09-21-2014 08:43 PM

:previous: There were rumblings of a divorce in 2010 but I think they have come to an accomodation and live separately. There is only money to be gained in a messy divorce weighed against what would be lost, her relationship with her stepsons and her daughter and the social event of the decade!

I do not give much credence to an arranged marriage, as the Grimaldi's are a very high profile Roman Catholic family and Prince AE and family are all Protestants.

FanofMonaco 09-21-2014 10:41 PM

Marg,
In monarchies, politics always trumps religion. The churches look the other way, but when things come out in the open they pretend to be surprised. Besides, the Catholic and Anglican churches are a form of monarchy.

maria-olivia 09-22-2014 06:12 AM

Caroline was pregnant for Stefano C and for the Prince of Hannovre.
She divorced a first time with Philippe Junot and waited years to have its annulation.
She cannot ask as Catholic a second Annulation as the Prince of Monaco is one of the 5 Catholic Monarchs (Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein).

Stefan 09-22-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1704978)
Caroline was pregnant for Stefano C and for the Prince of Hannovre.
She divorced a first time with Philippe Junot and waited years to have its annulation.
She cannot ask as Catholic a second Annulation as the Prince of Monaco is one of the 5 Catholic Monarchs (Belgium, Spain, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein).

She would not need an annullemend of her marriage to Ernst August as it was only a civil marriage.
Only a civil divorce.

Tilia C. 09-22-2014 07:53 AM

I don't know, so I ask: did Caroline & EA have a religious wedding? Caroline's marriage with Junot was annulled; she was widowed from Stefano (whom she only married in a civil ceremony anyway). So she could have had another catholic wedding, but not with a divorced man like EA. I never heard whether they had a protestant wedding or only a civil ceremony.