The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-23-march-may-2008-a-16192.html)

ysbel 03-07-2008 10:02 PM

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008

Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 20

commencing March 2008

Part 19, covering the period November 2007-March 2008, can be found here

HRH Kerry 03-07-2008 10:09 PM

Has any TRF members ever seen one of these labels designed by Prince Charles?

milla Ca 03-09-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Kerry (Post 738387)
Has any TRF members ever seen one of these labels designed by Prince Charles?

(article with pic of the lable):flowers:

Prince Charles designs Mouton label
November 28 (2006)
Prince Charles is joining the greatest artists of the 20th century as he becomes the latest painter to feature on Chateau Mouton-Rothschild's label.

Prince Charles designs Mouton label - decanter.com - the route to all good wine

( But it hasn´t something to do with´ C&C´s current events´, hasn´t it...:rolleyes:?)

HRH Kerry 03-09-2008 08:48 PM

I had no idea Prince Charles was so talented.

It was mentioned in an article that was in the current events. Regardless, I appreciate the link.

Russophile 03-09-2008 09:51 PM

Oh yes, Prince Charles is very good at watercolors. Aren't there several of his on display at Highgrove?

tinkerbell1948 03-09-2008 09:52 PM

Thanks for the link. I have seen photos of Charle's water colours over the years. They are very good!

milla Ca 03-15-2008 06:05 AM

Alun Hoddinott
March 15

Alun Hoddinott, who died on Wednesday aged 78, was one of the three leading Welsh composers of the past half century.
(...)
More recently Hoddinott composed a 60-second fanfare for the wedding of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall at St George's Chapel, Windsor, in April 2005. In 1969 he had written music for the Prince's investiture.

Alun Hoddinott - Telegraph

milla Ca 03-17-2008 03:40 AM

Prince boosts hospice foundraising
March16

Helen and Douglas House, in Magdalen Road, East Oxford, is bringing its 25th anniversary year to an end in style - with a concert which will be attended by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Prince Boosts Hospice Fundraising (from Oxford Mail)

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to open a shop selling products from the gardens of their Highgrove estate.

The Press Association: Royal couple to open Highgrove shop

rominet09 03-17-2008 11:55 AM

I'd love to buy things there ! From Highgrove your see....

milla Ca 03-17-2008 01:26 PM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall open the new Highgrove Farm Shop, Tetbury
March 17

The Royal Couple in front of the shop

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Charles and Camilla chat to the people in Tetbury:wub::wub:

Camilla:wub:

some more pics from inside the shop

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

giov 03-17-2008 02:23 PM

More pics from Abaca Press
Prince of Wales' Highgrove Shop Opening - Tetbury March 17 2008

Skydragon 03-17-2008 04:13 PM

Thank you milla Ca and giov for the lovely pictures! :wub: I like the suit she is wearing, but I think I have said that before. :lol: The produce in the shop certainly looked yummy, I hope it does well. :flowers:

Russophile 03-17-2008 07:24 PM

I want those BOOTS!!! :biggrin:
Cute shop!

LadyCat 03-17-2008 07:37 PM

Love the shop and would die for some of that Rosemary Jelly! And the scallions! No tomatoes but then I guess they aren't in season. Needless to say I would definitely shop there if I lived anywhere close to it. I love organic food, especially tomatoes. Nothing taste better!

Cat

tinkerbell1948 03-17-2008 10:13 PM

If my plans to visit England next year are realised I'm heading right for that shop :lol:

Drove through Tetbury in 1982 when I was there , we were in England when Prince William was christened

You know, this is a part of Charles life that is so underrated. Diana was always acknowledged for her interest in charites but Charles has had the Prince's Charities Foundation for many years and he has gone quietly about supporting many causes over the years without any fanfare

The Prince of Wales - The Prince's Charities Foundation

Al_bina 03-17-2008 10:50 PM

If I have got an opportunity, I would definitely purchase scallions because it is one of the important ingredients in the Japanese cuisine and whole grain mustard because I put it in many sauces and marinades.

Skydragon 03-18-2008 05:18 AM

He is the heir to the throne, a businessman, a champion of the environment. And from this morning, probably Britain's poshest greengrocer. At 9am sharp, Highgrove, Prince Charles's store on the main high street of his adopted home town, Tetbury, will open its bluey-green doors to the great unwashed.

Welcome to UK's poshest veg shop | UK news | The Guardian

The writer of this article should realise - You get what you pay for - I don't find the prices unreasonable, I expect his wife/partner will explain how much good items cost! :rolleyes:

Jo of Palatine 03-18-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 743400)
He is the heir to the throne, a businessman, a champion of the environment. And from this morning, probably Britain's poshest greengrocer. At 9am sharp, Highgrove, Prince Charles's store on the main high street of his adopted home town, Tetbury, will open its bluey-green doors to the great unwashed.

The writer of this article should realise - You get what you pay for - I don't find the prices unreasonable, I expect his wife/partner will explain how much good items cost! :rolleyes:

Well, I never thought a writer of the "Guardian" would agree that prices are reasonable compared to the offers at the local supermarket. Local products are always a bit more expensive except at high season because they are not harvested in enormous amounts like the rivaling products from the South of Europe or the veggie belt of the Netherlands and Belgium, thus production is more costly. Noone can believe that Charles as owner of a mere home farm could rival the production costs of those industrial farms.
:flowers:

milla Ca 03-18-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 743400)

I agree, Skydragon, good food has it´s prize.
I will visit the shop in June when i´m in the UK again, i´m afraid for the flight back home i will need a second suitcase to carry all the good ´Highgrove things´...:biggrin:

Skydragon 03-18-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 743413)
Well, I never thought a writer of the "Guardian" would agree that prices are reasonable compared to the offers at the local supermarket. Local products are always a bit more expensive except at high season because they are not harvested in enormous amounts like the rivaling products from the South of Europe or the veggie belt of the Netherlands and Belgium, thus production is more costly. Noone can believe that Charles as owner of a mere home farm could rival the production costs of those industrial farms.:flowers:

You pay more at most 'speciality' shops and the produce, whether it is edible or decorative, should never be confused with the plastic fruit and veg, or cheap imports sold in multi store supermarkets. :eek: Carrots from Highgrove taste like carrots should and their tomatoes are sweet, tasty and moreish, (I know that is probably not a word). I had the misfortune to be served tomatoes purchased from Waitrose and they were bitter. :ohmy: :flowers: