The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/)
-   -   Prince Amedeo FAQs (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/prince-amedeo-faqs-15770.html)

LadyK 02-05-2008 12:44 PM

Prince Amedeo FAQs

Welcome to the thread about frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Prince Amedeo.

https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...elgium_coa.png

Before posting please note the following

1) Check of your question has been answered before
2) Respect Prince Amedeo's privacy
3) Respect the Rules of TRF
4) Avoid empty posts, they will be deleted without notice
5) Have fun and enjoy this thread

LadyK 02-05-2008 12:47 PM

Full Name: HIRH Prince Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este

Date and Location of Birth: February 21, 1986in the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc in Woluwe St.Lambert

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6'1"-6'3" (185 cm-190cm)

Weight: unknown

Parents: HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium and HIRH Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este

Siblings: Princess Maria-Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria and Princess Laetitia Maria of Belgium

Titles: Prince of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Hereditary Duke of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: 6 (seven after the birth of Philip and Mathilde's 4th child)

Education: Primary school (and some secondary school, I'm not sure how much) at Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege, Brussels, Belgium; Sevenoaks School, Kent, England (2001-2004); Koninklijke Militaire School/École Militaire Royale (Royal Military Academy of Belgium) (2004-2005); London School of Economics (2005-2008)

Religion: Catholic

Astrological Sign: Pisces

Any Known likes or dislikes: Rugby

Royal Duties, Patronages, etc: None at the moment

indian princess 02-23-2008 02:44 AM

his eyes are green...you can see that clearly in his military photos

Shikha Pal 02-23-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian princess (Post 733235)
his eyes are green...you can see that clearly in his military photos

i think his eyes keep changing according to his top color

Shikha Pal 02-23-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyK (Post 726157)
Full Name: HIRH Prince Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este

Date and Location of Birth: February 21, 1986in the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc in Woluwe St.Lambert

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6'1"-6'3"

Weight: unknown

Parents: HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium and HIRH Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este

Siblings: Princess Maria-Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria and Princess Laeticia of Belgium

Titles: Prince of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Hereditary Duke of Modena

Position in line to Belgian Succession: 6 (seven after the birth of Philip and Mathilde's 4th child)

Education: Primary school (and some secondary school, I'm not sure how much) at Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege, Brussels, Belgium; Sevenoaks School, Kent, England (2001-2004); Koninklijke Militaire School/École Militaire Royale (Royal Military Academy of Belgium) (2004-2005); London School of Economics (2005-)

Religion: Catholic

Astrological Sign: Pisces

Any Known likes or dislikes: Rugby

Royal Duties, Patronages, etc: None at the moment

from where did u get all the info?

indian princess 02-23-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikha Pal (Post 733239)
i think his eyes keep changing according to his top color

actualy green eyes change according to the lighting, his eyes seem very dark green in direct sunlight. i have green eyes myself but they seem green most of the time though

Shikha Pal 02-24-2008 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian princess (Post 733297)
actualy green eyes change according to the lighting, his eyes seem very dark green in direct sunlight. i have green eyes myself but they seem green most of the time though

i love green eyes, and i wish i can have brownish green eyes.

princesslily 02-25-2008 02:17 AM

Which means that he has hazel eyes if they change from green to brown.

Shikha Pal 03-02-2008 02:53 AM

I am just asking weather Prince Amedeo can marry someone from another country?
can he marry a non catholic?
can he marry a woman who follows another religion (for example, a Buddhist)?

mizzy2006 03-02-2008 08:14 AM

I don't think he will have the problem since he's not first in line or second in line to the throne, just like Prince William who needs to marry a non catholic and Prince Guillaume who needs to marry a Catholic.:rolleyes:

Shikha Pal 03-02-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzy2006 (Post 736260)
I don't think he will have the problem since he's not first in line or second in line to the throne, just like Prince William who needs to marry a non catholic and Prince Guillaume who needs to marry a Catholic.:rolleyes:

I just asked because he is the Hereditary Duke of Modena , so any one else please answer my question!

princesslily 03-05-2008 03:32 AM

Does he visit Austria often? Where is there residence there?

monica17 03-06-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princesslily (Post 737343)
Does he visit Austria often? Where is there residence there?

I'd like to know this, too. Are the Habsburgs allowed back to Austria already or do they have to renounce all claims to the throne before being allowed? Did his grandfather refuse like two of his brothers? CP Otto was allowed to come back only after he did exactly that. Any properties left to them in Austria? How is this, since Prince Amedeo is also a Prince of Belgium, is he allowed to come back for visits as courtesy?

Eloise 03-09-2008 03:57 PM

hi, well i wanna know if he have a last name:smile:

monica17 03-13-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloise (Post 738976)
hi, well i wanna know if he have a last name:smile:

.... his last name is "of Belgium", same as his siblings, I think. His father, though, uses "Habsburg" professionally.

Eloise 03-18-2008 11:47 PM

yeah i like to know this too, the hassbourg house, had a lot of beautifull houses and palaces, what they do with this?

Eloise 03-18-2008 11:50 PM

hahaha, so cool last name really its that?. and what about d'Aviano, this is another title about what?

Empress 03-19-2008 04:30 PM

I believe that d'Aviano is also a part of his surname.

morhange 04-02-2008 06:46 AM

No, d'Aviano is part of his given name. His full name is Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano and the Marcus d'Aviano is one of his names, after Saint Marco of Aviano

princesslily 04-10-2008 11:40 PM

His degree takes 3 years. That means he's graduating this summer.

thepentacle 04-12-2008 02:21 PM

What is the name of the exact degree he's taking at LSE?

Shikha Pal 04-24-2008 12:12 PM

Does any one have any Idea whaeter he will go back to Belgium once graduates?

i mean weather

indian princess 05-05-2008 05:56 AM

so far as we know he's taking management....

is it confirmed that he's going to the states for further education ike is uncle phillipe?

asumi 07-06-2008 10:50 AM

oh my god ........he's graduating this summer!!!!...........hey.. does anyone know what he actually studies???......

LadyLeana 07-07-2008 06:28 AM

As far as is known, he has taken economics. Princess Astrid has said on several occasions that maybe he will follow in his father's footsteps and work for a bank.

Eloise 08-15-2008 12:09 PM

where is the bank?

LadyLeana 08-15-2008 12:24 PM

where Amedeo will work? your guess is as good as mine... Maybe Switzerland, maybe London... No names/places mentioned in the article I read. After all, even if he is a prince, he will probably have to go through the excruciating experience of endless job interviews and CV's being refused, just like any other person.
Where his father works: Zurich or Basel, I'm not sure which, in any case, he's one of four partners at a private bank, for which you need some $250.000 at least before they want your money.
Maybe we'll know more when they finally show something about his being graduated on tv...

MAfan 04-01-2009 10:08 AM

In the Wikipedia page about Prince Amedeo (Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is written that "In September 2005 he began his studies at the London School of Economics where he was suite mates with his second cousin Prince Charles of Bourbon and of Habsburg."
Who is this "Prince Charles"??

amedea 04-02-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 916471)
In the Wikipedia page about Prince Amedeo (Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is written that "In September 2005 he began his studies at the London School of Economics where he was suite mates with his second cousin Prince Charles of Bourbon and of Habsburg."
Who is this "Prince Charles"??

Nobody's named like that (I'm QUITE sure) .. that's very impressive that similar inventions can be found on wikipedia

MAfan 04-02-2009 11:31 AM

I also have reasoned about him: about the surname, I have thought that Charles can be a descendant of both the Families; and to be a second cousin of Amedeo, can be only a great-grandson of Emperor Charles I of Austria. But there's no Charles in his descendants who are both second cousins of Amedeo and have, less or more, his age...

Lalla Meriem 04-02-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 917125)
I also have reasoned about him: about the surname, I have thought that Charles can be a descendant of both the Families; and to be a second cousin of Amedeo, can be only a great-grandson of Emperor Charles I of Austria. But there's no Charles in his descendants who are both second cousins of Amedeo and have, less or more, his age...

House of Bourbon-Seville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salvek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the current owner section. He's very wealthy and well educated.

MAfan 04-02-2009 05:44 PM

Can I have more infos about him? Something sounds me strange:
1-the title of Archduke of Slavek: never heard something similar
2-the Royal House of Bourbon-Seville: never heard, never read in the genealogies of Bourbon House; in 1746, Seville was part of the Kingdom of Spain, so no Royal House of Bourbon Seville could exist
3-there's no Archduchesses Maria Victoria of Austria in Habsburg Family genealogies
4-if Charles is a descendant of Queen Victoria, he would be listed in the Line of Succession to the British Throne; but it isn't so...(Line of succession to the British throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
5-if Charles is an Archduke of Austria, he would be listed in Habsburg genealogies, but it isn't so...

If someone could clarify these points, I would be grate to him.

MAfan 04-02-2009 05:45 PM

However, they couldn't be second cousins...

Lalla Meriem 04-02-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 917289)
However, they couldn't be second cousins...

I know, but that's all the information there is on him.

Marengo 04-03-2009 04:49 AM

I am sorry but he definately is a fraud. Note that none of his parents and grand parents are listed, as is usual for ANY royal person (or even for many non royal persons) on wikipedia. The wikipedia article stays very vague about his anscestors though. The ones he does list, an Archduchess Maria Victoria, spanish Bourbons named Alphonse, Constance and Catherine (not exactly Spanish sounding names) are fake.

There is indeed a cadet branch of the Spanish RF, which received the title 'Duke of Seville', a title they still use. But this line never married a Habsburg AND the genealogy can be checked here, on Paul Theroff's online Gotha. Look at the descendants of 14c) Infante Francisco de Paula, duke of Cadiz. No Charles is there (and considering it is a Spanish duke I suppose Carlos would have made the fraudulous claim less obvious)

Furthermore, there are several mistakes in the wikipedia article that makes me believe that this is a person with a vivid imagination at work. Several errors in titles, style etc, and esp. the claim to have been on the best dressed list of Vanity Fair and one of the sexiest men alive seem far fetched. And it should be easy enough to check, after which we will find that this person was on no such list as he does not exist. He is also rather original in mixing titles that have never been mixed. Sadly this happens every so often, there is a person online who dedicates much of his free time claiming he is the rightful king of Prussia for example, and some years ago he spammed this forum with that information.

Now, I suppose somebody should contact wikipedia about it :whistling:

amedea 04-03-2009 05:01 AM

I more and more astonished!! what an enormous fake!! however this guy, becouse he involves in all this true and known people such as prince Amedeo, can have some legal trouble (I would say: I hope he will)

Marengo 04-03-2009 05:09 AM

It is rather dodgy indeed, esp. as in the past many people (ab)used a fake title to win confidence of other people and in the end usually steal their money. In this case it is probably less innocent but still...

Tilia C. 04-03-2009 05:42 AM

I find it somehow notable that this mysterious Charles pops up on April 1st! Can it a joke??? I have to admit that I don't know how difficult it would be to manipulate Wikipedia.

Lalla Meriem 04-03-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 917417)
I am sorry but he definately is a fraud. Note that none of his parents and grand parents are listed, as is usual for ANY royal person (or even for many non royal persons) on wikipedia. The wikipedia article stays very vague about his anscestors though. The ones he does list, an Archduchess Maria Victoria, spanish Bourbons named Alphonse, Constance and Catherine (not exactly Spanish sounding names) are fake.

There is indeed a cadet branch of the Spanish RF, which received the title 'Duke of Seville', a title they still use. But this line never married a Habsburg AND the genealogy can be checked here, on Paul Theroff's online Gotha. Look at the descendants of 14c) Infante Francisco de Paula, duke of Cadiz. No Charles is there (and considering it is a Spanish duke I suppose Carlos would have made the fraudulous claim less obvious)

Furthermore, there are several mistakes in the wikipedia article that makes me believe that this is a person with a vivid imagination at work. Several errors in titles, style etc, and esp. the claim to have been on the best dressed list of Vanity Fair and one of the sexiest men alive seem far fetched. And it should be easy enough to check, after which we will find that this person was on no such list as he does not exist. He is also rather original in mixing titles that have never been mixed. Sadly this happens every so often, there is a person online who dedicates much of his free time claiming he is the rightful king of Prussia for example, and some years ago he spammed this forum with that information.

Now, I suppose somebody should contact wikipedia about it :whistling:

I checked the genealogy and didn't find him. I was just reporting what I found - which is in fact the ONLY information available on him anywhere online. I was a little surprised to read that he was suite mates with Amedeo at LSE in an article on Amedeo. After I read this I used all my internet skills ;) to find anything on him and that was all I could find, don't shoot the messenger - plz.

I've got myself on Luxembourg time this week and next (despite being in Pacific Standard Time) scanning the Luxembourg news for "major news" so I had to have something to occupy my late night bordem.

Surely, Amedeo would have requested a change of suites to avoid such a hanger on fake looking to milk a connection with him?

Marengo 04-03-2009 08:20 AM

I am not shooting at all, LM, sorry if I made that impression :doh:!

I suppose that whoever was sharing a room with Prince Amedeo will be discreet enough not to spill the beans on wikipedia. I guess this 'Charles' person has also changed the wikipedia entry of Amedeo, so.... I suppose he might be changing more profiles of young royals too. So don't be surprised if you find a wikipedia engagement of Alexandra of Luxembourg or Alix de Ligne :napoleon:.

Lalla Meriem 04-03-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 917493)
I am not shooting at all, LM, sorry if I made that impression :doh:!

I suppose that whoever was sharing a room with Prince Amedeo will be discreet enough not to spill the beans on wikipedia. I guess this 'Charles' person has also changed the wikipedia entry of Amedeo, so.... I suppose he might be changing more profiles of young royals too. So don't be surprised if you find a wikipedia engagement of Alexandra of Luxembourg or Alix de Ligne :napoleon:.

Seriously, I don't offend that easily so don't worry. :flowers:

I just assumed that Amedeo would have had a private room which would be understandable given his position. I'm certain he could afford the extra cost.

Amedeo's wikipedia page no longer contains any reference to this man we have established is clearly a fake and not Amedeo's second cousin as he claims to be, in any case. Someone who *cough, cough* reads and posts here may have removed it. :whistling:

Alexandra and Alix? Eww, just thinking about how closley related they are not to mention the other problem with that senario.

pan1987 04-05-2009 06:23 PM

Does anyone know if he's working as a banker already? Has he moved to Switzerland or is he in Belgium, doing something else with the military?

Lalla Meriem 04-05-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pan1987 (Post 918555)
Does anyone know if he's working as a banker already? Has he moved to Switzerland or is he in Belgium, doing something else with the military?

In June/July of last year it was stated that he was taking a year off to travel and improve his Spanish. He's been under the radar since then. He is most likely still on his extended vacation.

pan1987 04-29-2009 09:54 PM

Ah, thank you Lalla Meriem!

princessshacha 06-06-2009 08:15 AM

religion

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzy2006 (Post 736260)

Okey , but can he marry someone thats not catholic? Or someone thats not even have a religion..?

Marengo 06-06-2009 10:02 PM

Technically he can marry anybody he likes. Legally he can even marry a man in Belgium. If his parents will be pleased is another matter of course. The only restriction might be the new rule in the Habsburg family that the bride has to be a christian. But considering his parents piety I would be surprised if he did not marry some very catholic countess or baroness at least.

Eloise 07-01-2009 10:55 PM

What means "Hereditary Duke of Modena" and why his brother and sisters have the title of Prince and Princess of Modena?

MAfan 07-02-2009 03:29 AM

His Father, Archduke Lorenz, is the claimant to the Dukedom of Modena; Amedeo is his heir, the Hereditary Duke of Modena

Lccje 07-02-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem (Post 918607)
In June/July of last year it was stated that he was taking a year off to travel and improve his Spanish. He's been under the radar since then. He is most likely still on his extended vacation.

He spent some time in Barcelona, New York (around February) and he was recently in Chad, Africa on his travels. He could still be in Chad, I'm not sure. Probably other places too.

Shikha Pal 07-02-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lccje (Post 960772)
He spent some time in Barcelona, New York (around February) and he was recently in Chad, Africa on his travels. He could still be in Chad, I'm not sure. Probably other places too.

How do you know that ?

Eloise 07-02-2009 12:54 PM

Thank you MAfan, and as Shika Pal i wonder how Lccje found that information, i cannot found anything about him.

Lccje 07-02-2009 09:30 PM

I found out privately that he visited Barcelona and New York. I only knew he had been in Chad when pics were posted on his facebook page.

Shikha Pal 07-03-2009 02:16 AM

I have one question.

Will/Has Prince Amedeo visited India any time??

Lccje 07-03-2009 07:03 AM

^^^ Sorry, I don't know. But Archduchess Marie-Astrid, Grand Duke Henri's sister, her son Alexander is in India right now for a month.

royalwatcher77 07-27-2009 03:28 PM

i am guessing he went to new york to secure his job? or maybe just for fun...who knows...but when will he move to new york is what i want to know?

Sereta 07-30-2009 05:30 PM

It sounds like he likes to travel. He'll love living in New York City.

A. Von Betancourt 07-31-2009 02:28 AM

I know this may sound stupid, but please, forgive my ignorance.
In which country is this Duchy of Modena?

indian princess 07-31-2009 08:19 AM

the duchy o fmodena is located in italy...

lucien 08-02-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereta (Post 973268)
It sounds like he likes to travel. He'll love living in New York City.

He does love travelling.He worked in Chile for a year last.NYC?Even I love it.

princessshacha 08-02-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A. Von Betancourt (Post 973387)
I know this may sound stupid, but please, forgive my ignorance.
In which country is this Duchy of Modena?

Modena is in Italy.

sunshine_93 09-27-2009 01:33 PM

Is it true that Guillaume of Luxembourg and Amedeo are cousins?

magnik 09-27-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine_93 (Post 996843)
Is it true that Guillaume of Luxembourg and Amedeo are cousins?

Guilaume's grandmather was the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlootte of Luxembourg
who was a sister of the present King Albert II of the Belgians who is a grandfather of Amedeo.

https://roglo.eu/roglo?lang=en;m=RL;i...2=3;i2=2921949
or https://roglo.eu/roglo?lang=en;em=R;e...lor=;i=2921949

sunshine_93 09-27-2009 01:57 PM

thank you,Magnik! :)

monica17 05-31-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik (Post 996852)
Guilaume's grandmather was the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlootte of Luxembourg
who was a sister of the present King Albert II of the Belgians who is a grandfather of Amedeo.

They also share common ancestors from the Austrian, Bourbon-Parma, and Saxon Royal Families, among others.

Here is their link (Bourbon Parma line):

Robert of Bourbon Parma - Zita of Bourbon Parma - Archduke Robert of Austria - Archduke Lorenz - Prince Amedeo

Robert of Bourbon Parma - Felix of Bourbon Parma - Jean of Luxembourg- Henri of Luxembourg - HGD Guillaume

Nasagi15 07-15-2011 03:11 PM

Prince Amedeo of Belgium & family ( the one who's 25)

What I would like to know are some following questions:

What is Prince Amedeo's personality like? Like is kind and humble or what?
Does he attend charity events or anything like that?
Is he currently dating anyone?
Where does he currently reside?
And any other facts about him would be great thank you

Now just one questions on the royal Belgium family

Would they allow a marriage to commoner like , Prince William and Kate?

Please and Thank you :flowers:

Alexandra19 09-11-2011 11:34 AM

Hello Everybody!
I'm new in TheRoyalForum! And I've a question.
I'd like to know: Does Amedeo has an account in facebook?
Help me please)
I will be grateful all of You!

Raindrops34 10-01-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasagi15 (Post 1287071)
What I would like to know are some following questions:

What is Prince Amedeo's personality like? Like is kind and humble or what?
Does he attend charity events or anything like that?
Is he currently dating anyone?
Where does he currently reside?
And any other facts about him would be great thank you

Now just one questions on the royal Belgium family

Would they allow a marriage to commoner like , Prince William and Kate?

Please and Thank you :flowers:

Hey!
Prince Amadeo is a very discret young man, so nobody know him very much.
He lives in NY, but comes very much to belgium. He's catholic.
Everybody says he's single, but they says that because they don't know any thing about his life ;)
And yes, he sure will agree a marriage with a commoner, if it's the woman of his life... :)
I don't know more than this, and no many persons knows more :)
Hope I helped you...

Raindrops34 10-01-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandra19 (Post 1315225)
Hello Everybody!
I'm new in TheRoyalForum! And I've a question.
I'd like to know: Does Amedeo has an account in facebook?
Help me please)
I will be grateful all of You!

If his intelligent he wouldn't have a FB account, and if he has, I think it will be impossible to find him ;)

Blue_ 11-06-2011 01:31 PM

Amedeo de Belgique et Alexandra de Luxembourg - RTL people

American Dane 11-06-2011 05:36 PM

:previous: Does RTL have any sources or inside info to put these two together or are they only dreaming up the relationship? Sorry I don't read French :flowers:

Lenora 11-06-2011 06:05 PM

No,they are just making a suggestion to unite the two young people of princely origin.

grevinnan 11-06-2011 11:52 PM

Amedeo completed the New York Marathon.

Blue_ 11-07-2011 05:59 AM

Yes!!!! in 3 hours 39 minutes!!!
I'm sorry I didn't explained what the article from RTL was about. :unsure: They are just dreaming about marriages.

kyansaunt20 11-07-2011 06:09 PM

They are dreaming...their parents are first cousins... in this day and age I don't think that this generation would marry so close of kin

pan1987 11-07-2011 06:20 PM

hi guys, does anyone have photos of Amedeo running in the New York Marathon?

Blue_ 11-09-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyansaunt20 (Post 1335029)
They are dreaming...their parents are first cousins... in this day and age I don't think that this generation would marry so close of kin

Yes, same thing as for Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein. They are also cousins... I also don't think they will marry members of their family. But it wouldn't surprise me as Amedeo and Maria Laura marry aristocraty...

Dani90 11-16-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1334596)
:previous: Does RTL have any sources or inside info to put these two together or are they only dreaming up the relationship? Sorry I don't read French :flowers:

They're speculation. They also write about Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume with Princess Euguene and that will most likely never happen

Dani90 11-16-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pan1987 (Post 1335035)
hi guys, does anyone have photos of Amedeo running in the New York Marathon?

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post816103

Blue_ 01-28-2012 09:28 AM

Pippa Middleton avec un membre de la famille royale belge? | rue royale

New rumour, launched my magazine LifeStyle, Pippa Middleton would be interessed in prince Amedeo. A person of Pippa's entourage would have told this to LifeStyle. (I have my personal doubts about this...)
Pippa is 28 years old, prince Amedeo only 26 in a month. But I think Pippa is absolutely not Amedeo's style (and totally not Amedeo's parents style)
Nevertheless, prince Amedeo looks great on the picture :)

MAfan 01-28-2012 01:22 PM

I have doubts that the two even know each other, so I have even more doubts that they are (or will be) dating.
My impression is that her style has nothing to do with the style of any member of the Belgian Royal Family; I also wonder how would they - all very Catholic - welcome a non-Catholic girlfriend for Amedeo.

NGalitzine 01-28-2012 02:22 PM

I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.

American Dane 01-28-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1364330)
I doubt they have run into each other or are dating. As for religion well the Belgians did welcome a non Catholic Queen, Astrid of Sweden, so that IMO would not be a major impediment.

:previous: Amedeo won't becoming King of the Belgians anytime soon so the religion concern has more to do with his future role as The Archduke of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena, etc. and his parents' obvious preference for a noble Catholic girl for him...

NGalitzine 01-28-2012 03:15 PM

Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.

American Dane 01-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1364337)
Yes but his Archducal role is really little more than historical fiction since the empire is long gone and the Austria that remains is a republic that forbids the use of noble titles, besides the old rules have faded away and all that is required is being a Christian to be an acceptable bride for a Habsburg these days. Conversion to Catholicism would always be a possibility if the young lady was so inclined.

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrids sons have recently become engaged to commoners, one of whom is even an American. In fact several Habsburgs have married brides of non-aristocratic backgrounds.

Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line... :flowers:

Blue_ 01-29-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1364411)
Oh I completely agree with you that his Archducal title means nothing in the real world, I was making the point that his position is different to that of even his relatives Irme (who I think most would agree is marrying someone completely unacceptable, but that's a different thread...) and Christoph. As well as his parents' persuasions are more important than him being 6th in line... :flowers:

Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men ;)
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs. :flowers:

American Dane 01-29-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_ (Post 1364564)
Amedeo has been a long time "the hereditary prince" from Belgium and from Austria. (till 2001 and 1998). That's the difference with Imre and Christoph. They are not in course for the crown of Luxembourg and far far away in the Habsburg Line.
But, Ok, he hasn't a big role, other than the fact that he will succeed at his uncle Philippes role as economical ambassador of Belgium once he will be king. I think Amedeo probably will marry a girl of the nobility. And, certainly, an convinved catholic. Don't forget how Princess Astrid and Princess Lorenz met.
And this is one think more why I don't think Amedeo and Pippa date: In my opinion, Amedeo wouldn't marry a girl that slept with a lot of men ;)
This is also a criteria for Imre and Christoph. Katie and Adélaïde are both very catholic and pro life, in the same idea as the archiducs. :flowers:

:previous:
I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.

Blue_ 01-29-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Dane (Post 1364566)
:previous:
I completely agree. That was what I was trying to say.

I was searching with friends, no one of the Gotha is mariable with him. All are older, our too younger. Theodora of Greece is the only one I found, but they don't really match and she's orthodox...

IloveCP 08-21-2012 07:07 PM

Does anyone know what Amedeo majored in college?

Moonmaiden23 08-21-2012 07:18 PM

I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.

Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.

Blue_ 08-26-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1453640)
I am pretty sure that Amedeo is a Finance/Economics major. He has a degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and last I heard had a career in banking, same as his father Archduke Lorenz.

Yes he did, after that he took a sabbatical year and worked in a spanish bussiness as volunteer. After that year he went to New York and work at Deloitte part-time, while he's doing a master.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1453640)
Speaking of Amedeo's parents, I read that they met at Astrid's 18th birthday ball which was held at her parent's home Belvedere Palace.

Yes, it's really funny. They were both really shy and they talked because they were both a little apart from the rest of the people who were dancing and partying. I read that in a book about princess Astrid, not sure it's true, but it's clear they really shy, so I take it's true :)

klaboom 08-26-2012 03:29 PM

Do you get any idea where he did his master degree?

Blue_ 08-26-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaboom (Post 1455238)
Do you get any idea where he did his master degree?

In New York, but no idea where exactly. I'll do some research if you want :)

klaboom 08-26-2012 06:11 PM

Hahaha only if you have time. I think it would be nice information to share to everyone :)

Shikha Pal 08-26-2012 11:49 PM

where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??

klaboom 08-27-2012 09:24 AM

Well, I frankly never heard any information about it as well. That's why I'm quite curious when Blue_ mentioned it. I hope she'll find the information :)

Ijust knew that when Prince Phillipe visited New york last year, he hadn't had a chance to meet Prince Amedeo because he was having an exam for his promotion in Delloite. And, in a professional networking platform, Prince Amedeo only mention his educational background in London, LSE ...

Anyway here's part of the article:
'We wilden ontbijten met Amedeo, maar helaas, hij moest een examen voorbereiden', vertelde prinses Mathilde in het park. Amedeo (25) is de oudste van de vijf kinderen van Filips zus Astrid. Mathilde is vol lof over de jongen. 'Hij is de peter van onze Elisabeth (hun oudste kind, nvdr.). Hij is geweldig.'

"We really want to have a breakfast with Amedeo, but unfortunately, he must preparing his exam", said Princess Mathide in the Park. Amedeo (25) is the oldest from five children of Prince Phillipe's sister, Princess Astrid. "He is the Godfather of our Elizabeth. He is amazing", praised Princess Mathilde.

Amedeo, zelf een petekind van Filip, woont en werkt in New York. Hij is bankier bij Deloitte, een internationaal accountancy- en adviesbureau. Wellicht is het examen cruciaal om promotie te maken binnen het bedrijf."
Amadeo, himself a godson of Phillip, lives and works in New York. He is a banker in Deloitte, an international accountancy and consultancy company. Perhaps the exam is crucial for getting promotion within the company.

Sorry for the bad translation, my dutch is not that good. Hopefully this information helps! Warme groetjes!

Blue_ 08-28-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikha Pal (Post 1455322)
where was it mentioned that Prince Amedeo is/was doing masters??

In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.

klaboom 08-28-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_

In a belgian magazine, called Royals. It was mentionned in an article a few months ago, I still have it, I just have to search where it is. They say that prince Amedeo said that he will leave New York few months after his master is finished, because he misses his family, friends and country really much.

It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)

Blue_ 08-29-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaboom (Post 1455927)
It would be great if you can find and scan it. Me and the other members would love to read it as well, I suppose. Thanks in advance blue_ :)

I don't have a scanner, but maybe I take a good picture and post it. I found the article, but they don't say which university it is, but they say "université de renom" which means a famous university. It is localized in New York, where Amedeo works as "financiancial expert" at Deloitte. They don't tell how many years the master is during, but since he's working and studying and a normal master takes 2 years, I would say 2 1/2 - 3 years...

HeavyCream 01-20-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1364317)
I also wonder how would they - all very Catholic - welcome a non-Catholic girlfriend for Amedeo.

Are they very Catholic?, I mean, I know so much people who say they are but they barely even go to church.

Blue_ 03-28-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyCream (Post 1507167)
Are they very Catholic?, I mean, I know so much people who say they are but they barely even go to church.

Euhm, yes. Very very catholic ;) Which is very criticized ...