The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/duchess-of-cornwall-jewellery-6-january-2008-september-2011-a-15732.html)

muriel 05-31-2011 07:02 AM

Fair point, but I am not sure thats a conclusion I would get to based just on this picture. A lot of it could just be down to lighting

Warren 05-31-2011 12:00 PM

Members are reminded that the subject of this thread is JEWELLERY.
Posts with no relevance to JEWELLERY have been and will continue to be removed.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

muriel 06-27-2011 05:29 AM

Prince Charles Attends Drumhead Service in Edinburgh - Pictures - Zimbio

Does anybody recognise the brooch Camilla was wearing in Edinburgh on Saturday?

Nice Nofret 06-27-2011 06:33 AM

I can't recognise a thing - I'm blinded by the brightes jewel of UK - witch of course is the POW in his costumes and medals and all the other stuff..

(I hope I don't get deleted, at least I called him a jewel ;) )

Duchessmary 06-27-2011 10:56 AM

It's difficult to tell from that angle.

KittyAtlanta 06-27-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1259821)
Looking at the Bucheron the royal order and the bracelet it seems that their quality is far superior to that of the earrings and the necklace.

The colour just seems so much more brilliant and multi-faceted, almost as if they have an age and style in common. Has anyone any ideas?

All the diamonds Camilla is wearing are white. There can often be a difference in disbursement due to the cutting and placement. The stones closer to the light are going to sparkle more.

Also, it also matters what metal the stones are set in. Brightest in silver, then white gold, then platinum or palladium, then yellow gold. Sometimes it is difficult to tell what the framing material is, especially if the prong tips are white --- which they normally are.

muriel 08-01-2011 08:32 AM

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers of cornwall&search2String=a&dispOutput=grid&eaCurrentPageNum=1&bylinesearch=&locationsearch=&sourcesearch=&actionsearch=&postersearch=&attrsearch=&capwrisearch=&categorysearch=&scatssearch=&scodesearch=&specialsearch=&subjectsearch=&feature=sipaphotosthree&vg=false&searchPhoto=Y&searchVideo=Y&searchText=N&searchGraphics=Y&sort=d&searchHZ=Y&searchVT=Y&daterng=&searchtype=newsearch

Camilla used her pink topaz choker again at the wedding of Mike & Zara. This choker had made its debut at the wedding of Peter & Autumn a few years ago.

snapcrackle 08-15-2011 09:43 PM

do the brooches and earings royals of the britsh wear belong to the state or them, like if charles buys camilla a tiara is it theirs or whos?

MARG 08-16-2011 02:04 AM

:previous: Anything Charles has gifted Camilla is hers to dispose of as she wishes, e.g. the amethyst pearl choker, but the two tiara's and the Greville necklaces are loaned to her by the Queen, and remain the personal property of HM herself.

Jewels belonging to the crown are usually specifically designated for the use of the Queen or Consort and are, therefore, never worn by any other member of the BRF.

Warren 08-31-2011 12:23 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread part 7
commencing September 2011
can be found here