The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Future Royal Baby Names (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/future-royal-baby-names-15346.html)

Denville 05-05-2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2312306)
Any talk of non-traditional names always reminds me of Phoebe from Friends briefly renaming herself Princess Consuella Banana-HAmmock!

I think that royal families could be a LITLE more adventurous but not go that far...

muriel 05-05-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312309)
I think that royal families could be a LITLE more adventurous but not go that far...

Perhaps a new generation of royals, finding freedom, forging a new way forward.......

victoriaalix 05-06-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312304)
I doubt if there will be more children except maybe for Harry and Meghan. And I am sure they wont go for anything traditional....

In that case, it wouldn't be out of the question if they'd have a daughter and name her Britney Jean.

Countessmeout 05-06-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312309)
I think that royal families could be a LITLE more adventurous but not go that far...

I'd settle for them going a bit further back in the family tree and using names we haven't seen in a long time. Instead of repeating same names over and over. I am all for tradition, and keeping the royal names, but there seems so many names so choose from and so few selected.

Denville 06-01-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2312491)
I'd settle for them going a bit further back in the family tree and using names we haven't seen in a long time. Instead of repeating same names over and over. I am all for tradition, and keeping the royal names, but there seems so many names so choose from and so few selected.

I agree. I think there's room for a mix of tradtional and a bit more adventuruos.. Not something like Ethelred of course... I was surprised by Will and Kate opting for Louis.... I am not keen on the name but it was a bit of "movement"....

Mirabel 06-01-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2317623)
I agree. I think there's room for a mix of tradtional and a bit more adventuruos.. Not something like Ethelred of course... I was surprised by Will and Kate opting for Louis.... I am not keen on the name but it was a bit of "movement"....

I didn't care for it either, but it is popular among aristocratic circles.

Denville 06-01-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 2317633)
I didn't care for it either, but it is popular among aristocratic circles.

not just upper class, I've seen a few little Louis-es appearing in the past 10 years or so, it seems to have become quite a popular name but its unusual for a British royal for obvious reasons.

Moonmaiden23 06-01-2020 09:13 AM

I was absolutely thrilled when they (W&C) named their youngest son Louis.

I was afraid it would be Arthur....a name I cannot stand.

I was also over the moon with the name Stephanie and Gui chose for their new son. It's very traditional and Royal, if a bit unexpected. I hope that if they have another child it's a girl and I hope they call her Marie-Alix.

Tatiana Maria 06-01-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2317634)
not just upper class, I've seen a few little Louis-es appearing in the past 10 years or so, it seems to have become quite a popular name but its unusual for a British royal for obvious reasons.

What are the obvious reasons? Louis, Earl Mountbatten was a member of the British royal family by birth, and I understand that the family remembers him fondly.

Denville 06-01-2020 09:56 AM

Its the name of 18 French kings...… (and Im not sure all the RF remember him fondly)

amaryllus 06-01-2020 10:37 AM

Joan/Joanna, Matilda, Cecily and Caroline are all respectable lovely names with loads of Respectable Royal History in Multiple Monarchies that seem to have totally fallen of the radar. There are more than enough Eleanore variations to suffice for a long while :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises